WealthyLife is pre-packaged, adaptive financial literacy courseware that offers online games to teach people how to make better decisions.
- 14 West | Sr. Frontend Developer Technical.ly
14 West is now hiring for the position Sr. Frontend Developer in Baltimore, MD.
- Gilmore Girls: 10 Best Emily Quotes | ScreenRant Screen Rant
Emily Gilmore is a hilarious and witty character on the TV drama Gilmore Girls. These are her funniest and most intelligent lines of dialogue.
- Building Apps for Building Wealth: Meet Angel Rich, CEO of WealthyLife EdTech Times
In conversation, Angel Rich is kind, unassuming, and full of genuine laughs and smiles. But get her started talking about her career, and your jaw will drop to the ...
- WealthyLife CEO Angel Rich Teaches You Finance Through Gamification Black Enterprise
Angel Rich noticed that not everyone had an equal opportunity when it came to financial literacy. Rich set out to change that by creating gamified instructional ...
- A Black Women Entrepreneur Only Gets Funding Crumbs Forbes Now
Steve Jobs revolutionized the computer industry, the way we listen to music, and how we make phone calls. Angel Rich wants to revolutionize financial literacy ...
- The silent wealthy life of former Head of Civil Service Jeremiah Gitau Kiereini : KTN News The Standard
Business Mogul and former Head of Civil *Service* Jeremiah Gitau Kiereini is dead.
- 10 Life Essentials for Attaining a Truly Wealthy Life Entrepreneur
To be a true success you cannot just be rich (money). You must strive for a wealthy life in which you are succeeding in love and relationships, you are physically ...
- 7 Ways to Generate Referrals Without Cold-Calling Entrepreneur
One of the most trending conversations between people in the United States are brand-related conversations. There are so many of us with such great ideas and ...
- The 5 Career Paths to a Wealthy Life Entrepreneur
Want to be rich? Check out these five career paths that can get you there.
- 7 Keys to Developing Resilience Entrepreneur
To be resilient is to be exceptional. We must have the fortitude to stand tall no matter what is happening. Resilience is achieved through the consistent progress ...
- 5 Keys to Establishing Meaningful and Fruitful Connections in the Workplace Entrepreneur
There are several keys to being successful in the business world, with the most important being the establishment of trusted and dependable relationships.
- 7 Reasons Spirituality Is Integral to an Emotionally Wealthy Life Entrepreneur
Community and a larger purpose attached to work energizes us and add deeper meaning to success.
- Downtown Victoria graded B+ in new report from business association CHEK
Downtown Victoria has received a B+ grade in the first report by the Downtown Victoria Business Association. The association sent a survey to more than 1,100 ...
- First Ever Black Tech Matters Awards to Recognize African American Tech Entrepreneurs and Innovators BlackNews.com
In its first year, the inaugural Black Tech Matters Influencer Awards Show took over SXSW in Austin, TX and is prepared to do the same on Tuesday November ...
- MillSummit coming in August delawarebusinessnow.com
The 2018 #MILLSUMMIT will be held on Tuesday, August 7 at the Chase Center on the Riverfront in Wilmington from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.. Led by Charlie Vincent of ...
- Recession Fears Grip Hollywood: Can the Movie Biz Survive a Downturn? Variety
With conglomeration, cord cutting and heavy debt, the entertainment media business sector won't be immune to a recession.
- ‘My dream has become a reality:’ Syrian refugees open new food businesses in Victoria CHEK
WATCH: Many new businesses are popping up around Victoria, thanks to Syrian refugees relocated here to Canada and working hard to start their new lives.
- 7 Ways to Create a Life of Success Without Ceilings Entrepreneur
I recently attended a red carpet even for my new book Success Equations: A Path to Living an Emotionally Wealthy Life in Nashville Tennessee. One of our ...
- The Only Black Woman Entrepreneur Whose App Has Surpassed 350K Downloads to Teach At Hampton University BlackNews.com
31-year old Angel Rich has been featured in Forbes, ABC, NBC, FOX, ESPN, TedX, Essence, Ebony, Black Enterprise, The Washington Post and became the ...
- Brentwood Bay business wins global award for restoring more than 100-year-old boat CHEK
A global boating award ceremony in London, England included two wins for a vessel with a Brentwood Bay connection. Jean Gaudin and Rob Abernethy of ...
- Record breaking heat a boon for Greater Victoria business CHEK
WATCH: Temperature records have been broken all over the island, but down in Greater Victoria, the stunning sun is bringing people out of the woodwork and ...
- Extensive damage after fire breaks out in former Victoria business CHEK
A building in downtown Victoria has suffered around $150,000 in damage, after a fire broke out in a former business early Saturday morning. The Victoria Fire ...
- Business is booming for woman owned Duncan auto repair shop CHEK
WATCH: A unique auto repair shop built by women and geared towards women is attracting awards and a loyal following of customers in the Cowichan Valley.
- Expense of ebooks threatens digital library collections as ‘Big 5’ publisher changes business model CHEK
It's going to cost your local library a lot more to buy ebooks as publishers continue to change the way they do business.
- What does women’s business attire look like in 2019? A fashion expert weighs in after legislature ‘bare arms’ controversy CHEK
Erin Acton is a business professional with a closet full of sleeveless dresses. She wears them to speaking engagements and other formal events and was ...
- Nanaimo teen turns shells into environmentally-friendly driveways CHEK
It was during a walk at Nanaimo's Departure Bay beach when Tony Olynyk's new business plan just clicked.
- Black Enterprise Magazine September/October 2017 Issue Black Enterprise
Black Enterprise September/October 2017 issue: Most Powerful Executives in Corporate America.
- Parksville vandalism upsets local businesses CHEK
People visiting Parksville often comment on the nice flower gardens that dot the downtown core. But city crews were busy repairing and replanting them Friday ...
- B.C. offers businesses and homeowners more money to save energy, cut emissions CHEK
British Columbia's government has announced it's boosting incentives to help homeowners and businesses save energy and cut greenhouse gas emissions.
- 10 Celebrities Who Were Already Rich Before Fame | TheRichest TheRichest.com
These celebrities may be rich and famous nowadays, but they didn't exactly struggle to make ends meet before their names were in lights.
- Jannabi's Choi Jung Hoon And Agency Respond To Reports Of His Father's Fraud And Embezzlement soompi
On May 24, SBS reported that businessman “Choi” is under investigation for fraud and embezzlement and suspected of providing tens of millions of won ...
- Discipline Is What Leads to Success Entrepreneur
The most successful people in life are disciplined. Discipline is made up of the basic tools we use to cope with life's problems and challenges. Scott Peck in his ...
- Feminist personal finance blogger finds success Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
There's definitely people out there who feel like traditional personal finance advice isn't reaching them,” said Conroy.
- ‘They’re going to have a fight’: local businesses and activists promise to stand against old-growth logging near Juan de Fuca park CHEK
WATCH: Conservationists are calling to stop plans to log an old-growth forest near Port Renfrew.
- UPDATE: Victoria City Hall to remain closed on Tuesday in wake of downtown fire at Plaza Hotel CHEK
UPDATE: City of Victoria says City Hall will remain closed on Tuesday due to poor air quality. Also Pandora Ave (west of Douglas) and Government St between ...
- 8 Habits of Highly Effective Entrepreneurs Entrepreneur
Effectiveness comes down to producing desired results. The most successful entrepreneurs have mastered being effective because it makes them work smarter, ...
- VicPD investigates credit card fraud estimated to have cost local businesses more than $50,000 CHEK
The VicPD Crime Reduction Unit says it is in the process of investigating several frauds involving stolen or phony credit card numbers. They say the crimes have ...
- The Magic of Verbal Affirmation and Emotional Connection In Management Roles Entrepreneur
Acknowledgment for good performance is a fundamental human need and every good manager worth their salt knows this is one of the building blocks of a ...
- 5 Secrets to a Wealthy Life #MoneyGoals2018 RTE.ie
As we approach the last week of the festive celebrations, the Money Doctor's Christmas is gifting our readers with some top tips to think about over the holidays.
- What’s in Marie Kondo’s Closet? Bloomberg
A Q&A with historian Eiko Maruko Siniawer about the real roots of Japan's obsession with “tidying up” and eliminating clutter at home.
- Open up to feng shui and embrace joy in home design and life Houston Chronicle
Tuesday is the Lunar New Year celebration, a time to adjust the feng shui in your home and your life.
- A New Way to Teach Kids About Money — and Debt: How the Award-Winning CreditStacker App Has Turned Financial Literacy Into a Popular Game The 74
Growing up in a family in the life insurance business, the aptly named Angel Rich found financial literacy came easily. But she realized that for many people, this ...
- ‘We have to ask customers to pay more for the same thing:’ New minimum wage hike puts strain on Victoria brewpub CHEK
A wave of relief. That's how one server says she'll feel when the minimum wage goes up on June 1, 2019. She'll be making $12.70 an hour instead of $11.40.
- Review: Will Jordan Peele’s ‘Weird City’ make you sign up for YouTube Premium? Maybe Los Angeles Times
Jordan Peele and Charlie Sanders are behind "Weird City," an alt-star-studded comical sci-fi anthology series from YouTube Premium.
- Why The Rich And Super-Rich Will Purchase Life Insurance Even Without An Estate Tax Forbes
Even if President-elect Donald Trump is proposing the elimination of the estate tax, reasons still remain for the rich and super-rich to purchase life insurance.
- Brazen theft from Victoria bike shop caught on camera CHEK
A brazen daytime theft from a Victoria bike store caught on camera is being shared, as a warning to other businesses.
- Theater play "Liu Qing" staged in Xi'an, NW China's Shaanxi - Xinhua | English.news.cn Xinhua
Artists perform the theater play "Liu Qing" in Xi'an, capital of northwest China's Shaanxi Province, June 17, 2019. The play which tells a story about Chinese ...
- Portable urinals installed in downtown Victoria, not everyone is a fan of the “peeosk” CHEK
They will come as a relief to some leaving bars late at night, but temporary urinals installed in downtown Victoria aren't being welcomed by everyone.
- Feng Shui: 10 simple ways to change your surroundings for a happier home image.ie
Have you ever walked into a space which has a particular sort of energy? One so energised and bal...
- 6 Timeless Strategies That Drive Successful Entrepreneurship Entrepreneur
In today's ever changing business climate, an entrepreneur can easily become overwhelmed. It's vital, though, to stay focused on your goals for the company.
- Snoop Dogg, Incubus to headline Laketown Shakedown CHEK
Rap fans, rejoice. Snoop Dogg is headlining the Laketown Shakedown music festival in the Cowichan Valley in June. California-based Incubus will also ...
- Fourth-term Tofino councillor Dorothy Baert dies suddenly CHEK
With a very heavy heart I share the news that my friend & colleague, #Tofino Councillor Dorothy Baert, passed away yesterday. A passionate, fierce defender of ...
- Well known Parksville businessman dead after falling in Strathcona Provincial Park CHEK
Clarke Gourlay was passionate about life in every way possible from the dairy farm he built up from just one cow in 2001 to his love of the outdoors and climbing ...
- B.C. legislature dress code updated to include sleeveless dresses, shirts and blouses for women CHEK
The dress code at British Columbia's legislature has been updated to include sleeveless dresses, shirts and blouses for women after some women rolled up ...
- Experts advise to avoid toxic smoke near downtown Victoria Plaza Hotel fire CHEK
WATCH: Firefighters remain on the site of a massive blaze in downtown Victoria a day-and -a-half after it began.
- B.C. Court of Appeal strikes down City of Victoria’s plastic bag ban CHEK
The B.C. Court of Appeal has struck down Victoria's plastic bag ban. On Wednesday, the B.C. Court of Appeal released its judgment, which overturned the BC ...
- CULTURE + CODE Brings Entertainment, Diversity To MLB All-Star Weekend The Shadow League
MLBs list of All-Star festivities for fans and the Washington D.C. community is plentiful and all encompassing. Theres something for everyone in D.C..
- Asking Yourself This One Question Can Change the Way You Work Thrive Global
About ten years into running my own financial management company, I hit a wall emotionally, mentally, and physically. The accumulated years of long hours, ...
- Beloved business in Cook Street Village closing shop after 32 years CHEK
John de Jong sells *fresh* produce, flowers and eggs at the Cook Street Marketplace in Victoria's Cook Street Village. De Jong opened the shop at 333 Cook ...
- HBC to shutter Home Outfitters brand and likely some Saks Off Fifth locations CHEK
Hudson's Bay Co. is shuttering its Home Outfitters business and eyeing the closures of 20 of its Saks Off Fifth locations, in a bid to increase profitability.
- How to Start Saving Money Today Entrepreneur
"Financial freedom comes to the person who actively takes control of their finances," says Entrepreneur Network partner Brian Tracy. In this video, Tracy explains ...
- Nanaimo’s free parking downtown will get a time limit CHEK
WATCH: Business owners in downtown Nanaimo say they are paying a hefty price for free parking.
- Victoria says short-term rental regulations have resulted in fewer listings CHEK
The City of Victoria says there are fewer Airbnb and VRBO listings now compared to December, crediting the decline to new short-term rental regulations.
- Vancouver Island business owners hoping to sell cannabis legally CHEK
The staff at The Globe Nanaimo are about to lose their jobs. All 30 employees at the illegal cannabis dispensary will be laid off tomorrow. The store's owner ...
- Family-run Robinson’s Outdoor Store celebrates 90 years CHEK
It's been a Victoria institution for decades and Robinson's Outdoor Store is now celebrating a major milestone — 90 years in business.
- Fire investigators begin search for answers one week after Victoria Plaza Hotel fire CHEK
One week after a fire tore through the Victoria Plaza Hotel building the search for answers can finally begin. Fire investigators, armed with cameras and assisted ...
- 5 Reasons Why Most People Don't Become Wealthy Entrepreneur
In this video, Entrepreneur Network partner Brian Tracy discusses five reasons why most people never experience the wealth they desire. To start, it's simple: "If ...
- How YVR and the Musqueam forged a working relationship CHEK
The Musqueam and YVR Sustainability and Friendship Agreement, which was signed in 2017, has provided work for more than 90 band members at Vancouver ...
- ‘There isn’t a place for us here anymore:’ Sooke tackle shop says they’re the first casualty of tougher Chinook salmon restrictions CHEK
WATCH: It's been a mainstay in Sooke for 14 years, dedicated to setting up the sport fishing industry for success.
- Feedback sought on regulating plastic checkout bags in Nanaimo CHEK
The City of Nanaimo is asking for input from residents and businesses on regulating single-use plastic checkout bags. According to the city, the bags can be ...
- Dress code at B.C. legislature, women make short sleeve fashion statement CHEK
Do we look unprofessional to you? Women in the @BCLegislature are being told our bare arms are unprofessional, do not constitute proper business attire for ...
- How You Can Become More Emotionally Intelligent About Money Thrive Global
To gain insight on your money emotional intelligence, start by looking back at your childhood.
- 4 Powerful Habits of Successful and Happy People Thrive Global
There are many things I suggest to my clients to create a more meaningful and satisfying life. Some are the result of a new perspective or way of thinking that ...
- TransCanada shareholders agree to drop ‘Canada’ from the name CHEK
TransCanada Corp. is officially dropping the “Canada” from its name, but CEO Russ Girling isn't saying he expects it will make it any easier to get pipelines ...
- Trudeau says Ottawa open to proposals for B.C. refinery as gas prices soar CHEK
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau says Ottawa is open to proposals from the private sector for a refinery in British Columbia, as a public inquiry into the province's ...
- Victoria Pride Parade attendees urged to arrive early CHEK
Sunday will see Victoria's Pride Parade make its way through downtown Victoria, an event that police say attendees should arrive early for.
- Softwood lumber industry facing tough conditions as tariffs and climate weigh CHEK
Canada's softwood lumber industry is struggling as it faces down two of the biggest challenges facing the country — trade disputes and climate change.
- Live Well: Say goodbye to the dog, and hello to the pig. Are you relieved? Colorado Springs Gazette
The Chinese New Year, based on cycles of the moon, is upon us Feb. 5, and it brings a different energy than the one that permeated 2018. Relieved?
- Network Galway awards to be presented this weekend Galway Advertiser
Patricia Lohan has been confirmed as the key note speaker at the 2019 Network Galway Business Women of the Year Awards, being held this Saturday May 18 ...
- Prince George refinery’s future in question as Husky Energy looks to get out of the gas station business CHEK
The Calgary-based oilsands producer says it is launching a strategic review that could result in it selling its Canadian retail and commercial fuels business and ...
- Rock The Shores not coming back for 2019 CHEK
The Rock The Shores music festival will not be returning to the Westshore this year. Atomique Productions made the announcement Saturday night and says it's ...
- Police searching for suspect after early-morning robbery in Courtenay CHEK
Comox Valley RCMP are searching for a suspect after an early-morning robbery at a business on Ryan Road in Courtenay. At around 4:35 a.m. Friday, Comox ...
- Life insurance is a do-it-all tool for the wealthy The Globe and Mail
But the complicated finances and riskier lifestyles of high-net-worth individuals can make policies harder to get.
- President Trump grants full pardon to former media mogul Conrad Black CHEK
U.S. President Donald Trump has signed a full pardon for former media mogul Conrad Black, who was convicted in 2007 of fraud and obstruction of justice.
- ‘A Kinder Cup’ in View Royal serves up employment for those living with disabilities CHEK
Some of us can't start our day without it, but one View Royal business is taking coffee and turning it into inclusive employment opportunities. A Kinder Cup ...
- Prime Minister Justin Trudeau spotted catching waves in Tofino CHEK
A Victoria woman visiting Tofino says she saw Prime Minister Justin Trudeau on Easter catching some waves with his family. Lynn Meyers spoke to CHEK News ...
- Nanaimo cannabis company says new zoning rules could cause them to leave CHEK
WATCH: A local cannabis company is worried that a new bylaw could be bad for business.
- Minister Bains promises privacy law reviews as digital charter released CHEK
TORONTO — Innovation Minister Navdeep Bains unveiled a wide review of federal privacy laws Tuesday in what he said was an effort to build trust in a digital ...
- 2018 in review: how Crazy Rich Asians’ success could change Hollywood Vox
It could mean more stories about less crazy rich Asian-American people.
- What Motivates You to Work? Entrepreneur
That paycheck will never be big enough if it's the only reason you're going to work.
- 2600 forestry workers remain on the picket line in third week of strike action against WFP CHEK
Art Poirier has worked in forestry for nearly four decades and has been through his share of strikes. Now he's on the picket line once again. “I've been here going ...
- Armed robber caught on video pointing gun at Saanich gas clerk CHEK
Saanich police have released an image of the man who robbed a Saanich gas station at gunpoint on Saturday morning.
- Nigerian big boy BNaira shows off newly acquired Ferrari Legit.ng
Legit.ng News ☆ Lagos big boy BNaira is living his best life and wants the world to know. In a recent post shared on Instagram, the self-made multi-millionaire ...
- 7 Characteristics of Emotionally Wealthy Women Entrepreneur
Focus and determination are the building blocks of genuine happiness.
- Record breaking one million people set to arrive in Victoria for 2019 cruise season CHEK
WATCH: Cruise season is nearly upon us, and it's set to be an unprecedented year.
- Victoria police investigating after dumpster fire in downtown alley CHEK
Police are investigating after a fire in a dumpster in downtown Victoria Sunday afternoon. Fire crews were called to the 600-block of Johnson Street just before 2 ...
- 21-year-old driver fined by Victoria police chief after flicking lit cigarette out window CHEK
With temperatures on the rise, and the wildfire danger growing, a 21-year-old driver in Saanich was quickly pulled over for flicking a lit cigarette out his car.
- VicPD look to identify suspect in string of robberies CHEK
VicPD have released surveillance camera images in an effort to identify a suspect in a string of robberies including at a Subway on Fort at Foul Bay Thursday ...
- Delta to halt service between Victoria and Seattle at the end of the summer CHEK
Delta Airlines will put an end to its *service* between Victoria and Seattle in early September. The Victoria International Airport confirms that the Atlanta-based ...
- Victoria’s Gordy Dodd honoured with Lifetime Achievement Award CHEK
WATCH: One of Victoria's best known, and most loved, business leaders is being recognized in a big way.