Tressenoire reduces the wait time at a black hair salon to ZERO by sending a traveling natural hair expert into their clients’ homes, hotels or offices. We’re on a mission to give women of all textures quality styling that gives them back some quality time.
- These 6 companies made it to Backstage Capital's first Philly accelerator Technical.ly
The companies, all led by underrepresented founders, will receive investments in the $25,000 to $100,000 range. These 6 companies made it to Backstage ...
- Women’s History Month: Black Women in Tech Lasentinel
Regina Gwynn is the co-founder & CEO of TresseNoire, the leading on-location beauty booking app designed for women of color in New York City and ...
- Tressenoire wants to be Uber for black hair salons Technical.ly Philly
African-American women shouldn't be left out of the style booking-app craze, says Tressenoire cofounder Regina Gwynn. She left her marketing job to pursue ...
- High-Tech Hair: Meet TresseNoire Black Enterprise
Natural hair styling pros and advice at your fingertips with the TresseNoire app.
- Josh Kopelman revealed as investor in Backstage Capital's accelerator Technical.ly
Founder Arlan Hamilton said Kopelman has helped Backstage "in ways no one ever knew." The investor said in an email that his involvement is a personal one, ...
- Black women in tech inspiring each other to birth the next billion-dollar idea Rolling Out
Regina Gwynn, Esosa Ighodaro and Lauren Washington are the brilliant trio behind Black Women Tech Talk, a collective of Black female tech founders who will ...
- The Future 10: Get To Know These 10 Black Women In Tech Essence
Forget about those depressing stats: These sisters prove that there's room for us at the table.
- SXSW: 5 priceless business tips from Black women start-up founders TheGrio
"Hustle House was made to encourage people of color to host their own spaces within SXSW given that our dollars, projects, and services should flow amongst ...
- Meet The Sisters Bootstrapping A Mobile, At-Home Service For Black Hair Forbes Now
When sisters and cofounders Abigail and Antonia Opiah were brainstorming names for their mobile, at-home hair styling *service* in 2016, 'Yeluchi' wasn't at the ...
- Roadmap to Billions: 2019 Black Women Talk Tech Conference Thrive Global
Highlighting funding opportunities to help create the next female billion dollar tech enterprises.
- How To Keep Nonprofits Protected, Preserved, And Positioned for Growth Black Enterprise
Attorney Yaida Ford of Ford Law Pros shares practical insight and advice on how to keep nonprofit organizations strong, legally protected, and thriving.
- Esosa Ighodaro and Black Women Talk Tech Amsterdam News
“We believe that Black women can create billion dollar empires!” This bold and beautiful statement is the belief of Esosa Ighodaro, Regina Gwynn and Lauren ...
- Founders Of Upcoming “Black Women Talk Tech” Conference Talk Tech, Money, And Sisterhood MadameNoire
Imagine a room full of Black women tech founders only? That's exactly who will be gathering at the 2018 Black Women Talk Tech Conference.
- Break-Ups Civicist
This is civic tech: Longtime open data advocate Carl Malamud is taking his battle to open up state legal records all the way to the Supreme Court, as Adam ...
- Celebrating Black Women's History Month Forbes
To celebrate the intersection of Black History Month and Women's History Month, we have expanded the list of Awesome Black Women You Should Know that ...
- These Three Black Women Are Making Tech History Forbes Now
We caught up with the three women who recently launched Black Women Talk Tech, an event featuring black women entrepreneurs in tech. Read about their ...
- First Post: Sniff, Sniff | Civicist Civicist
More bad facial recog tech; civil rights and Facebook; and much more on the #FirstPost, a digest of news & analysis of the #CivicTech world.
- First Post: Maker's Mark | Civicist Civicist
This is civic tech: Here's Code for America's 2018 Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Report. Worth noting: 40% of CFA's team identify as people of color, ...
- It's time for the biggest startup expo in Philadelphia: RSVP now Technical.ly Philly
Philly Startup Leaders Entrepreneur Expo, held during Philly Tech Week 2017 presented by Comcast, offers new perks, like one-on-one meetings with local ...
- Married Couple to Pitch Their Startup at Startup Grind Black Enterprise
Tye and Courtney Caldwell are co-founders of ShearShare, an app that pairs professional stylists, cosmetologists and other beauty professionals with salon ...
- France's Great Debate: Civic Washing or Real Engagement? Civicist
With more than 2 million comments and 500000 participants, France's Grand Debate has been the country's largest experiment in civic engagement.
- Black Founders Exchange program returns to Durham during Black Wall Street Homecoming WRAL Tech Wire
DURHAM - A wide variety of companies selected for the 2018 Google for Entrepreneurs Black Founders Exchange, a week-long intensive immersion program ...
- Best Apps for Wedding Beauty STYLECASTER
Take a look at the five must-have wedding apps from on-demand hair and makeup to skin expert hotlines.
- Meet the First African American Woman to Hold a Patent for a Natural Hair Product Black Enterprise
Page: 1 2. Gwen Jimmere, founder of Naturalicious hair products and winner of the 2014 Black Enterprise Elevator Pitch Competition. BlackEnterprise.com ...
- Natural Hair and Professionalism. An oxymoron? Black Enterprise
Page: 1 2. AreÂ natural hair and locs unprofessional in corporate America? That was the subject broached by the friend of a friend on FacebookÂ recently.
- Calling All Our NYC Naturalistas: Join Us At The Tresses And Dresses Bridal Soireé HelloBeautiful
Come join #TeamBeautiful at the Tresses and Dresses Bridal Soireé. We have Issa Rae's stylist, Felicia Leatherwood, on hand, to discuss natural hair, do a live ...
- What Is The Secret Weapon Used By Microsoft, Nike, eBay And Facebook To Win The Talent War? Forbes Now
Microsoft, Nike, eBay, Facebook and Target were among the sponsors of a recent conference that showcased an amazing and underutilized talent pool: black ...
- 10 Phone Apps That Will Make Your Hair Journey Easier Essence.com
Hair care connoisseurs are answering back with the help of smart phone technology, and creating divisive applications for the palm of your hand.
- QVC Host Mocks Natural Model's Hair, Issues Apology Black Enterprise
After a QVC host mocks a natural model's hair, she issues a public apology.
- Backstage Capital Unveils First Cohort Of Accelerator Program For Underestimated Founders (Women, People Of Color, Or LGBT) Pulse 2.0
Los Angeles-based venture firm Backstage Capital has unveiled the first cohort of its accelerator program for underestimated founders.
- My Natural Hair Got Me Invited to Speak in Paris Black Enterprise
I started my natural hair journey when I moved back from Atlanta to Los Angeles. My entire life, I could not get my hair to grow past my shoulders.
- 10 Unique Black Women-Owned Tech Startups Black Enterprise
Here are ten black women-owned tech startups, which represent the height of innovation.
- FUBU Launches "Natural Style by FUBU" Hair Care Line Black Enterprise
Natural Style by FUBU seeks to promote healthy African-American whether natural or relaxed.
- The Secret To Success? Do Less, Outsource More Forbes Now
Hone in on your values, expectations and highest priorities both at home and in the workplace and do it with the precision of an event planner working a large ...
- Girl Bullied For Her Dark Skin Starts T-Shirt Line That Celebrates Her Melanin HelloBeautiful
Kheris Rogers is fighting colorism with her new “Flexin' In My Complexion” t-shirt line.
- Sidewalk Labs' Toronto Project Stirs Up Privacy Debate | Civicist Civicist
When Sidewalk Labs hosted a public forum in Toronto last November to gather feedback on its plan to build a data-driven innovation hub on a mostly derelict ...
- First Post: Warning Signs | Civicist Civicist
The sharing economy is driving livery drivers to the brink; Jim Carrey's done with Facebook; and more.
- Book Review: New Power and the Dynamics of Digital Change Civicist
Old power works like a currency. It is held by few. Once gained, it is jealously guarded, and the powerful have a substantial store of it to spend. It is closed ...
- Women in NYC Tech: Lauren Washington of KeepUp AlleyWatch
Lauren Washington is the founder of KeepUp, the quickly growing monitoring and engagement platform for social media and the founder of Black Women Talk ...
- 7 Best Hair Apps For Naturalistas Essence.com
These top-rated downloads will completely transform your hair journey.
- Day 2: Black Wall Street Homecoming brings panelists to Durham for workshops and party News & Observer
BWS Homecoming Day 2 - “Know the difference between social media and sharable media.” Chaucer Barnes, Translation. A wide variety of panelists shared the ...
- GET THE LOOK: Spring Into Summer With These Top Fashion Trends HelloBeautiful
Memorial Day Weekend is the unofficial kick-off to summer and that means it's time to wear your favorite whites, show some shoulder, and step into style!