Airfordable is payment plans for airline tickets. Airfordable allows users to secure tickets with a deposit upfront and pay the remaining balance in bi-weekly recurring payments before the departure date.
Sign up for the Moguldom newsletter — business news you need to know about economic empowerment for the digital age, delivered to your inbox.
- The top sites that will let you pay in instalments for your travels Lonely Planet Travel News
A number of companies have introduced a 'buy now, pay later' *service*, enabling travellers to pay for their flights, hotels or tours in monthly instalments. In the US ...
- Airfordable: Startup Offers Layaway Plan For Airline Tickets Black Enterprise
Airfordable lets travelers book flights by paying a deposit upfront and then pay off the rest in an easy, flexible payment plan before the departure date.
- How This CEO Is Giving Customers The World (Literally) Forbes
Ama Marfo, CEO and cofounder of Airfordable, is making travel accessible to everyone. Customers have gone from skeptical to using the platform more than ...
- Airfordable Is A Micro Loan Tool For Airfare Forbes Now
The industry of microloans moved into the airfare space recently with the launch of Airfordable, a website that allows users to pay for airline tickets in installments ...
- Can't Afford an Expensive Flight? This Startup Will Let You Put it on Layaway Inc.
You can buy gifts, furniture, and electronics on layaway, so why can't you do the same for airline flights and hotel bookings? That's exactly what one Chicago ...
- Airfordable lets you pay for travel over time TechCrunch
Flying is expensive. So Airfordable is launching from Y Combinator's Summer '16 batch to let you book flights and pay over time before you take off. Here's how it ...
- Fly now, pay later: Are travel loans a good deal? Business Insider
Dreaming of a spring getaway with white-sand beaches and a cool drink in your hand?
- 7 tech companies you need to know Rolling Out
Often overlooked, but never outdone, people of color are taking matters into their own hands by starting their own organizations and tech and software ...
- Black-owned startup ‘Airfordable’ lets you pay for flights on layaway The Grio
Airfordable, a Chicago-based, black-owned startup, is making it easier to afford flights so that you can go on a trip without having to pay a huge lump sum.
- Can You Make Payments on Plane Tickets? Forbes Now
One of the largest costs for traveling is airfare. When you book directly with the carrier, they expect immediate payment in full. No money, no ticket is their policy.
- New Startup Airfordable Lets You Pay for Airline Tickets in Installments Condé Nast Traveler
It's a classic travel quandary: Airfare is usually cheaper when you buy further in advance, but what if you haven't planned for a trip, or saved up the cash yet?
- People are taking out personal loans to pay for their vacations MarketWatch
Denise Phillips, a military veteran and mom who has three sons in the *service*, wanted to book a trip to Hawaii to spend Thanksgiving with one of her children.
- Builders VC Is $115.5 Million Into Raising $200 Million For Fund One, Filings Show Crunchbase News
On Friday afternoon, a filing crossed the wires showing that Builders VC has raised $115.52 million out of a targeted $200 million for its first fund. Additionally ...
- 9 Chicago companies changing how we pay Built In Chicago
Paying for stuff is the worst. Thankfully, the tech industry has taken notice, and startups are coming up with ever-more convenient ways to fork our money over.
- Airfordable offers layaway for pricey plane tickets Chicago Tribune
It's an old concept, taking off in a new way at a Chicago startup bringing the layaway model to airline travel.
- The ups and downs of travel loans MarketWatch
Fly now, pay later. Sometimes it makes sense, but you'd better know how you'll pay it back.
- Black-Owned Start-Up Allows You To Put Plane Tickets On Layaway News One
Chicago-based Airfordable is a one-year-old company that allows users to pay for airline tickets in installments, or in African-American parlance, to put their ...
- 5 Travel Startups Popularizing Installment Payments for Vacations Skift
In the past nine months, a group of relatively low-profile startups began signing up brands like Expedia and United Vacations to the concept of layaway plans for ...
- Airfordable: Black-Owned Startup Offers Layaway For Plane Tickets Eurweb.com
A black woman has started a new company that is making the high cost of travel more feasible for customers by offering layaway.
- 17 Young Women of Color Breaking Barriers in STEM TechCo
Here are 17 young women of color in STEM breaking through barriers in their industries, showing others a path to positions they can aspire to.
- Low on cash? Now there is layaway for airline tickets Yahoo Finance
After finding the ideal flight, you take a screenshot of the itinerary and upload the photo to Airfordable. Airfordable then presents you with the total cost and a ...
- Airfordable Vacation Payment Plan Travel+Leisure
There's no worse feeling than finding the perfect unexpected flight deal only to realize you don't quite have enough money to pay for it (just yet!). So, what if you ...
- You Can Pay for Airline Tickets in Monthly Installments - Here Are the Pros and Cons TheStreet.com
Editors' pick: Originally published Oct. 12. In a move some describe as bold and others say is puzzling, CheapAir recently began offering customers the ability to ...
- Travel Companies Start Lending Consumers Money to Book Trips Skift
Several major sellers of travel, such as Expedia, United, JetBlue, Southwest, and Lufthansa, are testing extending credit to U.S. consumers to enable them.
- Airfordable: The New ‘Layaway for Airline Tickets’ CW33 NewsFix
DALLAS — I'm dreaming of a white sand beaches vacation on a tropical island where I'm decked out in an itsy bitsy teenie weenie (not yellow polka dot) bikini, ...
- These sites let you put your vacation on layaway Yahoo Finance
In a recent study we conducted, 41% of US travelers expressed an interest in using installment payments for trips that cost $2000 or more,” said Henry Harteveldt ...
- You can now buy airline tickets with monthly payments CNNMoney
Dreaming of a vacation but can't afford to buy the plane tickets? You can now get financing on airfare on CheapAir.com.
- Arlan Hamilton on Backstage Capital's banner year Siliconrepublic.com
Arlan Hamilton sat down with Inspirefest founder Ann O'Dea to talk representation and being an advocate for change.
- 13 Travel Companies In Chicago On The Cutting Edge Built In Chicago
New startups are popping up to change how people get around. Check out these travel companies in Chicago using tech to make our lives easier.
- 7 Signs That the Investment Landscape for Women Is Finally Changing Inc.
When it comes to women and venture capital, the most often-cited numbers don't show much progress. If anything, they seem to be saying that things are getting ...
- 5 New Travel Startups Give Travelers a Taste of Flexibility Skift
Every week we profile 5 early-stage travel startups to keep track on emerging travel trends, spot early stars, and keep readers aware of industry updates.
- New Startup Allows You To Book Flights On Layaway Yahoo Travel
You can pay for everything else in your life in installments. Why not plane tickets? (Photo: Thinkstock)
- Should You Pay for Travel Over Time? | Personal Finance U.S. News & World Report
The holiday travel season is fast approaching, and cash-strapped, credit-adverse consumers now have a few new ways to pay for flights at any time of year.
- 6 Ways to Solve Your Travel Pain Entrepreneur
The words "travel" and "travail" have been linked, perhaps apocryphally, to an ancient Roman torture device. In the Middle Ages, international travel was ...
- Airbnb launches new split payments feature for group travel - Tech News The Star Online
Airbnb has launched a new split payment feature in response to the rise of group travel.
- 50 Chicago startups to watch in 2017 Built In Chicago
For our annual top 50 startups to watch list, we looked at Chicago companies founded within the last five years that are poised to usher in a new era of ...
- 8 Black-Owned Businesses That Make A Lot of Money During the Winter Season San Diego Voice and Viewpoint
During the winter season, billions of dollars are spent in the United States on vacationing, buying food, and more. Companies like Walmart, Target, and even ...
- Y Combinator brings new Chicago startups into its portfolio Built In Chicago
To early-stage startups all over the world, placing the phrase “backed by Y Combinator” in website footers and email signatures can be a door opener. Chicago ...
- 5 websites that take booking air travel to new heights Fox News
Remember the days when you had to call a travel agent or dial a host of toll free numbers on your own to comparison shop for flights and hotels? Those days are ...
- All 44 startups that launched at Y Combinator S16 Demo Day 1 TechCrunch
Farm drones, autonomous security guards and next-generation tampons were among the products presented at today's Y Combinator startup accelerator ...
- Crowdfunding Platforms Kick-Start New Ways to Back Air Travel APEX Media
The latest from the Airline Passenger Experience Association, sharing aviation and passenger experience news from around the world.
- 50 Black Women Founders To Watch Essence.com
These days it seems as if "wantrepreneurs" are everywhere, looking to claim their piece of the proverbial business pie. But if you want to know what it really takes ...
- Experience Ghana Very Local New Orleans
What are you waiting for! Bring in the New Year Right, join our small group in Accra, Ghana, for a unique and meaningful experience with like-minded ...
- Arlan Hamilton: The VC taking cold calls from underestimated entrepreneurs ImpactAlpha
New Revivalists is a series from ImpactAlpha and Village Capital profiling the people, places and policies reviving entrepreneurship — and the American Dream ...
- Top VC deals this week: Amazon buys Blink, Daimler backs an Uber competitor, Didi raises billions CNBC
A weekly recap of some of the most interesting venture capital deals, funds and start-ups.
- Y Combinator S16 Demo Day 1: The 10 Most Remarkable Startups Futurism
From practical to novel—these newest startups just unveiled their products at the Y Combinator startup accelerator Summer 2016 Demo Day 1.
- Imani Pope-Johns Named One of the Top 25 African American PR Millennials to Watch HuffPost
It's not the load that breaks you down, it's the way you carry it” – Lena Horne Born in Cleveland, Ohio, Imani Pope-Johns, the founder and public ...
- Worldwide financial services and global fintech Business Insider
New fintech companies are springing up around the world and disrupting the financial services sector. Each of these companies brings a unique and useful ...
- The Tech Industry's Missed Opportunity: Funding Black Women Founders Fast Company
Black women are the most educated and entrepreneurial group in the U.S., yet they receive less than 1% of VC funding.
- Airwallex Closes $19 Million Round for Payments Tech: Travel Startup Funding This Week Skift
Each week we round up travel startups that have recently received or announced funding. The total publicized this week was more than $41 million.
- Tips To Help Your Spring Break Less Stressful CampusLATELY
Valentine's Day is over and now its time to wild out for Spring Break 2018. Have you already planned for your trip? Are you ready for Cancun, Barbados, ...
- Tech roundup: 1871 launches incubator for Hispanic-led startups, Chicago's 3 new YC startups and more Built In Chicago
Guaranteed Rate wins naming rights for Chicago White Sox's field.
- The “Other” US Tech Hubs & Their Plans to Upend the Travel Experience APEX Media
APEX Insight: Silicon Valley's and New York City's reputations as stalwart innovation hubs may be secured, but other cities are inching closer, with plans in the ...
- Thanksgiving initiative pushes support for black-owned grocery store The Grio
With Thanksgiving coming up, The Hungry Black Man is asking people to shop at the only black-owned grocery store in Florida. The George Washington Carver ...
- Why Cherokee Nation Represents The Best of Us Fortune
Here's something I didn't know but should have: For more than 200 years, the Cherokee Nation has had the right to have a delegate be seated by the U.S. ...
- Wu Tang Clan's RZA Steps Into the Menswear Business UrbanMecca
Wu Tang Clan's own RZA has already made a name for himself in the world of hip-hop, and now he's preparing to make a name for himself in the fashion...
- Travel Done Affordably and Efficiently: Assembling the Perfect Crew Black Girl Nerds
If you're like me, then you love to travel. You often think about sticking your feet in some warm sand while sipping on a margarita.
- Tips On What To Do 6 Months Post-Graduation CampusLATELY
Two years later and it is still surreal to me that I really graduated college and received a degree. I honestly don't remember who the commencement speaker was ...
- 'The Real': Jussie Smollett ('Empire') Talks Mariah Carey & On-Screen PTSD Eurweb.com
"The Real" welcomes Empire star Jussie Smollett, who shares what it was like opening for "the ultimate diva" Mariah Carey.
- New Poll Says Half of Young Black Adults Face Job Discrimination UrbanMecca
A new poll conducted by the Black Youth Project at the University of Chicago has concluded that almost half of young African American adults face some...
- CoverGirl Names James Charles First Male Spokesmodel The Urban Twist
17-year-old James Charles of Bethlehem, NY is now the newest face of CoverGirl Cosmetics. No doubt other brands will soon follow. This is the new "norm."