On Second Thought
On Second Thought is a mobile communications company. Our patented delay/recall technology lets users undo mobile messages BEFORE they get to the other person. We currently have a texting app that lets you take back text messages before they get to the other person’s phone. The On Second Thought SDK is available to wireless carriers, messaging apps, mobile money transfer platforms and other companies so they can provide our recall/delay experience to their customers.
- On Second Thought, Traditional Retailers Make Room for Used Clothes The Wall Street Journal
Venerable names like Macy's, J.C. Penney and Stage Stores embrace thrifting in push to jump-start sales and lure younger, environmentally conscious ...
- On Second Thought For Monday, Aug. 5, 2019 | Georgia Public Broadcasting Georgia Public Broadcasting
After an outbreak of Legionnaires' disease at an Atlanta hotel, health officials have identified 11 confirmed cases and dozens of other people who are.
- Who is the biggest baller on Ballers? An EW investigation Entertainment Weekly News
Ahead of the hit HBO series' season 5 return, EW decided once and for all who the ultimate 'Ballers' baller is.
- Ex-Overstock CEO Patrick Byrne responds to company's stock rally following his resignation Fox Business
Overstock founder and CEO Patrick Byrne spoke to FOX Business' "Bulls & Bears" Thursday after his resignation to respond to the news of the rallying stock.
- Breach at Hy-Vee Supermarket Chain Tied to Sale of 5M+ Stolen Credit, Debit Cards Krebs on Security
On Tuesday of this week, one of the more popular underground stores peddling credit and debit card data stolen from hacked merchants announced a ...
- DONNIE JOHNSTON: Forget Greenland, U.S. should buy Mexico instead Fredericksburg.com
ONE of the most compelling news stories of the week so far has been President Trump's desire to buy Greenland.
- Food for thought: Mecca Bingo owner plans no-deal Brexit menu The Guardian
The gambling group Rank has drawn up an emergency “Brexit menu” for its Mecca Bingo and Grosvenor Casino chains, which it will roll out if food and drink ...
- Analysis | Prince Harry's Shaming Is Bad News for Private Jets Washington Post
The reaction against green campaigners who use corporate jets is a problem for the industry. Electric and hybrid models may be an answer one day.
- This Stay At Home Mom Founded Two Six Figure Businesses (And She Only Works 30 Hours A Week) Forbes
These days, her website shares her name — CatherineAlford.com — and serves as a home base where she can share tips on how to build confidence in life ...
- Designing Age-Friendly Communities To Avoid 'Discriminating Against Our Future' Georgia Public Broadcasting
Georgia is aging … fast. Estimates indicate that by 2030, one in five Georgia residents will be 65 years of age or older. By 2050, the number of Georgians.
- The war inside Palantir: Data-mining firm’s ties to ICE under attack by employees The Washington Post
Alex Karp faced a dilemma last year, when employees of the data-mining company Palantir confronted the chief executive with their concerns over a partnership ...
- The Big Business of Scavenging in Postindustrial America The New York Times
The U.S. produces more garbage than any other nation in the world per capita. Here's how scrappers are turning that waste into a $32 billion business.
- Viewpoint: California wants you to know California is toxic San Francisco Business Times
Here's how the ubiquity of California's warning signs feels for a newcomer to the state.
- Tourism was a powerful economic engine in Thailand. Then a boat full of Chinese sank Los Angeles Times
Chinese groups cancelled trips to Phuket last year after a boat carrying tourists capsized, killing 47 people. This season, things are even worse.
- Kingston business loses in the cannabis retail lottery for a second time Global News
WATCH: Local business Calyx + Trichomes has lost out for a second time in the cannabis retail store lottery. Business owner Jennawae McLean says the lottery ...
- Sheraton Atlanta To Remain Closed Until At Least Mid August After Fatal Legionella Outbreak Georgia Public Broadcasting
Thousands of people planning to travel to Atlanta for Dragon Con are eagerly awaiting word that one of the host hotels — Sheraton Atlanta — will reopen.
- Legionnaires' Disease In Atlanta: The Impacts On Health and Tourism Georgia Public Broadcasting
Eleven confirmed cases of Legionnaires' disease have been linked to the Sheraton Atlanta, with another 55 cases considered “probable” according to the.
- Why The Tariff Delays Do Not Equal Christmas In August pymnts.com
Stocks took a leap on the heels of news that, amid the trade war between the United States and China, the U.S. would delay a looming round of tariffs.
- The Death Of The Great American Summer Job Forbes
Last year I spoke at a conference in Boston and was asked a question by a member of the audience. Business owner (in very business-like way): I'm having a ...
- The Cobblestone District: Buffalo's low-profile land of opportunity Buffalo News
From the Niagara Thruway, Buffalo's Cobblestone District looks like a neighborhood with a handful of old industrial buildings, a large casino and a bunch of ...
- Unpacking the Hidden History of Summerhill | Georgia Public Broadcasting Georgia Public Broadcasting
Sitting just below the interchange between the Downtown Connector and Interstate 20, the neighborhood of Summerhill holds a storied past. Over the decades,
- Winners and Losers in Healthcare This Quarter Motley Fool
ShockWave and Guardant reported fantastic things, while Abiomed and Inogen dropped precipitously on some scary updates.
- Second chance granted: Program hones inmates' skills to survive on outside The Detroit News
Chance for Life provides leadership, critical thinking and mediation skills to inmates behind bars as well as support services upon release.
- The ACLU helped Oregon stay awash in campaign cash. It's having second thoughts OregonLive
The group's shift eliminates one major obstacle to ending Oregon's outlier status as one of five states with no caps on campaign money.
- On second thoughts, that was the hottest day ever The Times
Britain sweated through the hottest day ever on Thursday, the Met Office says after new data suggests that the temperature reached 38.7C. The highest ...
- Is a blue city in a purple state having second thoughts about hosting a red convention? Roll Call
OPINION — CHARLOTTE, N.C. — When the Democratic National Convention hit town in 2012, the dancing traffic cop made headlines for his smooth moves and ...
- A Blue City In A Purple State: Any Second Thoughts About Hosting GOP? The National Memo
The site of the 2020 GOP Convention, the Charlotte City Council approved a resolution condemning Trump's “racist and xenophobic comments” and behavior.
- Notre Dame Repair Crews Are Back To Work, But Paris' Lead Concerns Remain NPR
Work at the site of France's damaged Notre Dame Cathedral resumed on Monday, after a three-week pause over concerns about lead that spewed from the fire ...
- Today: Syria, on Second Thought ... Los Angeles Times
After President Trump upended America's policy on Syria, his national security advisor says certain conditions must be met before U.S. troops are pulled.
- On Second Thought For Tuesday, June 18, 2019 | Georgia Public Broadcasting Georgia Public Broadcasting
Some people read the local paper for news and sports. Others head straight to the columns. That's where you'll find Dick Yarbrough , who has never run.
- On Second Thought For Monday, June 24, 2019 | Georgia Public Broadcasting Georgia Public Broadcasting
Atlanta has one of the highest eviction rates in the country. According to Apartment List , the city ranks third in the nation — with a nearly 6% rise in.
- What America Gets Wrong About Tracy Flick The New York Times
In “Election,” she's preyed upon by a teacher and almost cheated out of her rightful victory. But somehow she's the villain.
- Arizona jury finds former Seattle indoor soccer team owner Dion Earl guilty of sexual assault and sex abuse, among other counts Seattle Times
PHOENIX — Former Seattle Impact indoor soccer team owner Dion Earl was found guilty Thursday on all six counts in a sexual assault trial in which he was ...
- Letters to the editor — Aug. 7, 2109 Sequim Gazette
Bias is evident. Anyone who's not as biased as Bertha Cooper and have witnessed the statements made since their election from the several freshmen ...
- Things To Do: Second Annual Mid Main Micro Marathon Houston Press
September 8 will be the second annual Mid Main Micro Marathon, a .26 mile jaunt around the Mid Main Complex involving silly stops, costumes and live music ...
- Happy Anniversary, Economy! (Maybe. Sort of. On Second Thought … ) The New York Times
The U.S. economic expansion will be the longest in its history if there is no recession by July 1. But we won't know for sure for months. Or years.
- Meet the Dubliner leading the bourbon revival in Kentucky The Irish Times
Wild Geese: Conor O'Driscoll heads up one of the biggest bourbon distilleries in the world.
- Having second thoughts about what you knew might just be the start of something powerful Des Moines Register
Having second thoughts can complicate life, but can also change the world. The next Storytellers Project hears how six community members handled theirs.
- On second thought, Tesla says it will raise an extra $400 million CNN
A day after Tesla said it would raise $2.3 billion in stock and debt, the company said Friday it had decided to raise an extra $400 million.
- "On Second Thought" For Monday, March 4, 2019 | Georgia Public Broadcasting Georgia Public Broadcasting
A tornado whipped through Southeast Alabama Sunday evening along the Georgia border, causing injuries and property damage through both states. Gov.
- How anti-Semitic beliefs have quietly taken hold among some evangelical Christians Staunton News Leader
A growing number of evangelicals are turning to the Internet for information, and finding anti-Jewish beliefs there.
- On Second Thought: Supplementing Expert Reports | Daily Business Review Law.com
Many cases are won or lost on expert opinions. Expert retention is a subtle art often representing one of the more significant and challenging investments a party ...
- On Second Thought: Comfort in the dark? The Boston Globe
The next time you're in a dark room, think of influenza viruses searching for a target to infect. Now turn on the light and consider the same germs. Were you more ...
- When second thoughts intruded: Hear how six Des Moines storytellers dealt with theirs Des Moines Register
What if some of your core assumptions were challenged by new information or an experience? Hear the stories of how six Iowans responded.
- On Second Thought For Friday, June 21, 2019 | Georgia Public Broadcasting Georgia Public Broadcasting
Neighbors are still missing their newly retired mailman. Floyd Martin was a beloved mail carrier who worked the same route in Marietta for nearly 35 years.
- On Second Thought For Wednesday, March 27, 2019 | Georgia Public Broadcasting Georgia Public Broadcasting
Today's show featured interviews with a Georgia film critic and two photographers discussing a new exhibit at the High Museum of Art in Atlanta. Jackie K.
- 'On Second Thought' For Friday, March 8, 2019 | Georgia Public Broadcasting Georgia Public Broadcasting
On today's show, GPB reporters recapped events from crossover day at the Capitol, "Macon Conversations" addressed issues of identity, and the Dining for.
- "On Second Thought" For Wednesday, March 20, 2019 | Georgia Public Broadcasting Georgia Public Broadcasting
State officials say more than 100000 *service* members from Georgia were deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan between 2001 and 2012. Nationally, about 20.
- 'On Second Thought' For Wednesday, Feb. 6, 2019 | Georgia Public Broadcasting Georgia Public Broadcasting
Today's show highlighted the Atlanta Jewish Film Festival, the upcoming Savannah Book Festival and the importance of foreign language education for Georgia.
- The New Scarlet Letter, E: NPR's 'On The Media' Investigates America's Eviction Crisis Georgia Public Broadcasting
Construction cranes poke through the skyline across metro Atlanta. It's a testament to growth and efforts to draw new companies and residents to call the.
- On Second Thought For Wednesday, May 8, 2019 | Georgia Public Broadcasting Georgia Public Broadcasting
Gnats don't read maps, but the bugs do seem hesitant to cross an unseen, geographic boundary in Georgia. Learn about the disparities north and south of the.
- Unsportsmanlike conduct: Mayfield and Beckham delivering Giant hits off the field TieBreaker
Baker Mayfield and Odell Beckham, Jr., of the Cleveland Browns have offered some disparaging comments about the New York Giants during the offseason.
- China can afford to play hard to get as Trump has second thoughts Business Day
It only took a small taste of what a US recession might be like for President Donald Trump to suggest that he wants a trade deal with China after all. The Dow ...
- On Second Thought for Wednesday, July 17, 2019 | Georgia Public Broadcasting Georgia Public Broadcasting
Live stage productions and plays can frustrate the deaf community. That's why a pair of UGA alumni decided to create their non-profit, Hands In! It's a.
- On second thought, shutdown Politico
PROGRAMMING NOTE: Morning Tax will not publish from Dec. 24-Jan 1. The Morning Tax newsletter will resume publishing on Jan. 2. Editor's Note: This ...
- AfroFuture Fest: On second thought, we won't impose race-based ticket prices Hot Air
Are event prices a public accommodation or a form of free speech? Alas, we may never get the opportunity to find out. After getting ripped by one of its scheduled ...
- Is Luminary, the latest "Netflix for podcasts," worth it? Fast Company
What is a fair price for ridding oneself of podcast ads? Luminary CEO Matt Sacks is betting it's $7.99 a month. At least that's how much his just-launched podcast ...
- On Second Thought, You Should Maybe Talk Less In Meetings Fast Company
The conventional wisdom is clear and–on its face–totally sensible: If you're trying to make a name for yourself in your company, you need to contribute during ...
- After several stumbles, Luminary swears it wants to do right by podcasters Fast Company
Luminary is working out some kinks after its launch on April 23rd. The podcast platform that aspires to be as synonymous with podcasting as Netflix is with TV ...
- "On Second Thought" For Friday, Feb. 22, 2019 | Georgia Public Broadcasting Georgia Public Broadcasting
This week in Georgia politics was all about the state's voting system . Rep. Barry Fleming (R-Harlem) filed a bill that proposed changing the voting.
- "On Second Thought" For Monday, March 25, 2019 | Georgia Public Broadcasting Georgia Public Broadcasting
More than a half a million Americans are homeless. In metro Atlanta, more than 3000 people live on the streets, in shelters and in cars. A new traveling.
- Beto: On second thought, that "Vanity Fair" cover I did announcing my candidacy reinforced perceptions of my privilege Hot Air
My strong sense from this guy is that he'd quit the race today if he could. He's not licked yet; a good retail politician with a core of ardent fans remains a threat in ...
- BC VIEWS: Log exports and my other errors so far in 2019 Nanaimo News Bulletin
Last week's column blasted the B.C. government and Forests Minister Doug Donaldson in particular for increasing log export limits in northwestern B.C., after ...
- On Second Thought: The fake news about fake news The Boston Globe
In 2017, a group of computer researchers from the United States and China published a study that sought to explain how “low-quality information” — now ...
- On Second Thought, Matt Kuchar Will Give His Caddie a Lot More Money The New York Times
The caddie, David Giral Ortiz, initially received $5000 when Kuchar won $1.296 million at the Mayakoba Classic in November. A typical caddie fee would have ...
- How This Founder Turned A Text Blunder Into A Successful Business Forbes
It's easy to have a love/hate relationship with tech when the convenience of expressing your thoughts is right at your fingertips. After Maci Peterson regretted ...
- Freaknik: The Rise And Fall Of A Social Phenomenon Georgia Public Broadcasting
Depending on who's talking, Freaknik was a notorious public safety hazard or an annual lovefest that solidified Atlanta's status as America's “Black Mecca.
- Slow Democracy: Examining The Legal System Governing Georgia's Elections Georgia Public Broadcasting
Consuming political news is like drinking from a firehose. Each day presents a new tweet, a new storyline and a new debate to process. It can be exhausting.
- On the Second Try, Both Found a Partner in Business and for Life The New York Times
Because marriage is an ever-evolving experience, we constantly shift, change and, in some cases, start over. In It's No Secret, couples share thoughts about ...
- Texas Longhorn football great Cedric Benson dies in West Austin motorcycle crash Hookem.com
University of Texas football great and former NFL player Cedric Benson died Saturday night in a motorcycle crash in West Austin, family members and friends ...
- On Second Thought: Deputy Mayor Michael Nikolis Files for Holmdel Election Recount TAPinto.net
HOLMDEL, NJ - After a tight election with several twists and turns, a new hairpin is coming on July 11th.
- For The Culture: Unpacking Beyoncé's 'Homecoming' | Georgia Public Broadcasting Georgia Public Broadcasting
Beyoncé's bleacher-thundering, exquisitely choreographed performances at the Coachella Music Festival in 2018 showed a performer at the top of her game.
- 'On Second Thought' For Tuesday, March 19, 2019 | Georgia Public Broadcasting Georgia Public Broadcasting
It takes about a decade to grow a productive pecan tree, but only a matter of minutes to take one down. Five months after the storm, a University of Georgia ...
- A Leader of America's Fracking Boom Has Second Thoughts The Wall Street Journal
Pioneer Natural Resources, which once promised production to rival Libya, was part of a revolution that helped make the U.S. a global oil player. Now after ...
- The new $100 million podcast startup Luminary has been getting blasted by top podcasters — here's what's going on Business Insider
Luminary is a startup that raised $100 million in funding to create what it describes as "Netflix for podcasts." The company offers a *service* which has a free tier ...
- Minneapolis suburb: On second thought, let's bring back the Pledge of Allegiance Hot Air
I think the Pledge of Allegiance celebrates our diversity, that we're all united.”
- On Second Thought: Researchers tried using ketamine to treat bipolar. But they made a huge blunder The Boston Globe
In 2015, a group of researchers from the United States published a study looking at the potential of the drug ketamine to treat people with bipolar disorder.
- Raw. Vegan. Meat: How a roasted red pepper delivered the truth about my lifestyle. Des Moines Register
Editor's note: Sheree Clark first told this story on stage at the Des Moines Storytellers Project: On Second Thought event. The Des Moines Storytellers Project is a ...
- Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey: On second thought, we welcome Nike to our state despite them canceling the Betsy Ross sneakers Hot Air
Good lord. The second double flip-flop by a major politician in the span of two days. That's like back-to-back no-hitters in baseball. See Also: Jewish protest ...
- 'On Second Thought' For Tuesday, March 26, 2019 | Georgia Public Broadcasting Georgia Public Broadcasting
Today's show featured conversations on parental incarceration and the Ocmulgee National Monument in Macon, along with a new entry in our "Main Ingredient"
- Smollett: On second thought, it was all those two brothers' fault Hot Air
Perhaps the Chicago Way isn't quite as impenetrable any more as it's seemed over the past century or so. Once State Attorney Kim Foxx and her friends ...
- "On Second Thought" For Wednesday, Feb. 27, 2019 | Georgia Public Broadcasting Georgia Public Broadcasting
Hip-hop has evolved from the streets of New York in the '70s to become the most popular music genre today, but it hasn't always been "evolved" in.
- "On Second Thought" For Friday, March 22, 2019 | Georgia Public Broadcasting Georgia Public Broadcasting
Lawmakers have only six legislative days left to debate and pass bills that could change policies all over the state. This week brought continued.
- Health care in Ireland leaves much to be desired The Economist
One more reason why Northern Ireland might not want to unite with the Republic.
- Do Businesses Show Their True Colors During LGBTQ Pride Month? Georgia Public Broadcasting
Celebrations continue across the country as the LGBTQ community celebrates Pride Month. President Bill Clinton declared June as “Gay & Lesbian Pride.
- CEO of Major Shale Oil Company 'Has Second Thoughts' on Fracking Rush, Wall Street Journal Reports DeSmog
On Monday, the Wall Street Journal featured a profile of Scott Sheffield, CEO of Pioneer Natural Resources, whose company is known among investors for its ...
- ON SECOND THOUGHT: Emu makes for intriguing mascot Herald-Banner
Here's today's quiz: What do you know about emus?
- On Second Thought For Friday, March 29, 2019 | Georgia Public Broadcasting Georgia Public Broadcasting
Today's show featured conversations on disaster relief for Georgia communities, a new release from the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra and a recap of bills.
- SunTrust Is the Latest Bank to Get out of the Private Prison Business Yahoo Finance
SunTrust is the latest high-profile financial institution to decide that, on second thought, they'd rather not be associated with private prisons, announcing that it ...
- On Second Thought: US Adults Reflect on Their Education Decisions Gallup
Based on daily interviews of approximately 350 U.S. adults, with more than 122,500 annually, the report illustrates the extent to which education consumers in ...
- On second thought, House rejects plan to put license plate readers on highways WRAL.com
The House on Monday narrowly approved allowing license plate readers to be set up along state highways. Then they decided not to.
- On Second Thought, The Justice Dept. Does Think Something’s A Little Odd About McKinsey’s Professed Lack Of Potential Conflicts Of Interest Dealbreaker
In its ongoing battle with aggrieved competitor Jay Alix, McKinsey & Co. assured us that in the nearly two decades its been bankruptcy consulting, no other ...
- Rep. Dingell On Democrats' Debate And Swing Voters In Michigan Georgia Public Broadcasting
DAVID GREENE, HOST: Ten more Democratic candidates for president will take the stage in Detroit tonight for a second round of a debate. We'll have to see if ...
- Amid Trade War, Georgia Farmers Face Drought And Financial Doubt Georgia Public Broadcasting
From the devastation of Hurricane Michael to trade tariffs, Georgia farmers have faced months of uncertainty. After stalled disaster and tariff aid packages, ...
- The Giving Kitchen Serves Up Resources For Food Service Workers In Crisis Georgia Public Broadcasting
The 2019 James Beard Awards Gala takes place next week in Chicago. Among the chefs and culinary creatives being celebrated, a different kind of innovator.
- On Second Thought For Thursday, May 23, 2019 | Georgia Public Broadcasting Georgia Public Broadcasting
Writer Steve Oney has been writing for more than four decades for publications such as Esquire , Time, GQ and The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Over the.
- Georgia's G. Wayne Clough, First Southerner To Run Smithsonian, Explores 'Things New and Strange' Georgia Public Broadcasting
In 2008, G. Wayne Clough became the 12th secretary of the Smithsonian. The Douglas native and Georgia Tech president emeritus was the first Southerner to.
- Detroit Auto Workers Face An Uncertain Future In Play 'Skeleton Crew' Georgia Public Broadcasting
Auto company General Motors recently announced it is shutting down production at five plants across North America, leaving thousands of workers without.
- Georgia-based 'Unladylike' Podcast Pairs Feminism, Journalism Georgia Public Broadcasting
Caroline Ervin and Cristen Conger said they were "printed word nerds" in college and both worked on University of Georgia's esteemed Red and Black.
- On second thought: Corps says opening Morganza Spillway isn't necessary - Magnolia State Live Magnolia State Live
Plans to open a major Mississippi River spillway have been canceled. Part of the Morganza Spillway structure northwest of Baton Rouge had been scheduled to ...