On Second Thought
On Second Thought is a mobile communications company. Our patented delay/recall technology lets users undo mobile messages BEFORE they get to the other person. We currently have a texting app that lets you take back text messages before they get to the other person’s phone. The On Second Thought SDK is available to wireless carriers, messaging apps, mobile money transfer platforms and other companies so they can provide our recall/delay experience to their customers.
- Cheers & Jeers Texarkana Gazette
JEERS: To Bernie Sanders and the Dems. Jeers to Bernie and the global socialist, progressive, liberal, AOC, Green New Deal, open-border, pro-abortion, ...
- Trump’s Ilhan Omar-9/11 tweet: president says he has no regrets Vox.com
Days after he posted an edited video to Twitter trying to link Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN) to the 9/11 attacks, President Donald Trump made it through a Tax Day ...
- More Tax Audits Happen In The Rural South, According To New Map From ProPublica Georgia Public Broadcasting
It's Tax Day. Unless you got an extension, you have until midnight to get all your tax forms filled out and filed. And then hope that you don't get audited.
- 10 Books in Business and Journalism You Should Read This Spring Fortune
Some of the new books available this spring include new looks at Audrey Hepburn, the Winklevoss Twins, and the women of ABC's 'The View.'
- Report card Arkansas Democrat-Gazette
The report by the special counsel concerning the Donald Trump presidential campaign and Russian interference is a kind of Rorschach test for political ...
- Students speak out about being conservative on campus Montana Kaimin
University of Montana policy prohibits harassment and discrimination based on 17 different categories, some of which include religion, race, gender identity and ...
- Getting Women On The Green At Augusta National Golf Club Georgia Public Broadcasting
The Masters begins tomorrow at the legendary Augusta National Golf Club in Augusta, Georgia. It's among professional golf's most prestigious tournaments,
- Plea for 'second chance' for ex-offenders BBC News
Lee Dutton spent 20 years in and out of jail but got a second chance to go straight. Can employers do more?
- How Not to Acknowledge a Data Breach Krebs on Security
I'm not a huge fan of stories about stories, or those that explore the ins and outs of reporting a breach. But occasionally I feel obligated to publish such accounts ...
- Why Lansing's Eastside Fish Fry & Grill thrives with felons on its payroll Lansing State Journal
Of Henry Meyer's 16 current employees, 10 are convicted felons — an all-time high for his business that has found success with second chances. Matthew Dae ...
- Trump talks tax bill, Omar in interview with 5 EYEWITNESS NEWS KSTP
While visiting Minnesota Monday, President Donald Trump promoted the impact of tax cuts passed in 2017 and began a new round of criticism of Minnesota Rep ...
- Just Sayin’: Will we have to give Cubs’ Yu Darvish the Jay Cutler treatment? Chicago Sun-Times
Is Darvish healthy? Is he happy to be in Chicago? Is he one false move from a crisis of confidence? Will he ever rediscover the seventh inning?
- Ex-Deloitte New Zealand Partner Is Probably Having Second Thoughts About That Whole Insider Trading Thing Going Concern
Today's “former Big 4 partner busted for insider trading” news comes from New Zealand, where Mark Talbot, who worked at Deloitte from 2014 to 2017, will pay ...
- Expensive tissue paper at Osaka prison prompts human rights concern Japan Today
Tissue paper and other daily products sold at Osaka Prison are so expensive that inmates mostly cannot purchase them, a situation amounting to a human rights ...
- David Miliband of the International Rescue Committee: ‘The Devil Can’t Have the Best Tunes’ The New York Times
The son of World War II refugees, Mr. Miliband walked away from British politics. Today he works to bring food, aid and education to refugees around the world.
- Impressions Of Air France 787 Business Class One Mile at a Time
What's Air France's 787-9 business class like? Here's my experience flying it on the overnight flight from Detroit to Paris.
- This Might Be Emirates' New Premium Economy Seat One Mile at a Time
A new premium economy seat has been revealed for which a Gulf carrier will be the launch customer in 2020 -- could it be Emirates?
- Why Mastercard Bought Vyze pymnts.com
Mastercard acquires Vyze to grow in the POS financing space, matching lenders and merchants to offer digital lending options and enable consumer spending.
- India's market regulator is giving royalty restrictions a second thought Business Insider India
India's market regulator decided to defer the roll out of restrictions on royalty payments The new norms have deferred till June 30 from April 1, 2019.
- Esther Wojcicki's Secrets for Raising Great Leaders Fortune
Esther Wojcicki didn't set out to raise CEOs. But she knew she wanted her children—and students—to have an upbringing vastly different from the one she had ...
- On Second Thought: Supplementing Expert Reports | Daily Business Review Law.com
Many cases are won or lost on expert opinions. Expert retention is a subtle art often representing one of the more significant and challenging investments a party ...
- Behind the Deal: Central Bank’s acquisition of BankLiberty Kansas City Business Journal
Find out why Central Bank of the Midwest bought BankLiberty for almost $104 million, a deal worth more than the sales of Bank of Blue Valley and Mobank ...
- Sen. Perdue Gives His View On Why Georgia Farmers Still Don't Have Disaster Relief Georgia Public Broadcasting
Some Georgia farmers say they're worried they'll lose land that's been in their families for generations after hurricanes and tariff hikes wiped out their.
- Without pot washers, restaurant kitchens would grind to a halt. BBC News
You might never see them, but restaurant kitchens would grind to a halt without pot washers.
- Historic Bank Buildings Get a Second Act The New York Times
New developments across the city are repurposing the opulent spaces where New Yorkers once deposited their savings.
- Democrats strike the same chord on new allegation of inappropriate behavior against Joe Biden: 'I believe Lucy Flores' INSIDER
Elizabeth Warren and Julian Castro spoke out on the allegation against Joe Biden on Saturday.
- The Buzz Times Union
Identity crisis? It can be challenging to keep abreast of all the pharmacy name changes. Recommended Video. Speed. Normal. Quality. Auto. Quality. Speed.
- Peterson: Not exactly a barnburner Vail Daily News
The straw poll in our weekly Tuesday editorial meeting had the Hahnewald barn move going down in Avon's big vote that wasn't actually a real vote. But going ...
- Is it early adulthood when we first truly embrace music, and maybe even life itself? The Irish Times
Philip Lynch recalls his late brother-in-law's taste in music, memories of Melbourne and getting older.
- Dockworkers battle plan to bring driverless trucks to the Port of Los Angeles Los Angeles Times
A fierce struggle over automation has erupted at the Port of Los Angeles, as local union officials representing some 12000 dockworkers demand that one of the ...
- A Key to the Arctic’s Oil Riches Lies Hidden in Ohio The New York Times
The findings of a test well drilled in Alaska three decades ago have been a closely guarded secret. We found answers in a Cleveland courthouse.
- Today: Syria, on Second Thought ... Los Angeles Times
After President Trump upended America's policy on Syria, his national security advisor says certain conditions must be met before U.S. troops are pulled.
- Pet insurance payouts hit record of £785m BBC News
The rising cost and sophistication of veterinary treatments is pushing up the size of claims.
- Tombstone Tourism’s Last Stop, a Plot of Your Own in Vienna The New York Times
In the city's Central Cemetery, where Beethoven and Schubert lie, a company is offering music lovers the chance to join them for eternity.
- A tale of transformation: the Danish company that went from black to green energy Corporate Knights Magazine
The real-life story of how one of Europe's most coal-intensive companies grew into a green energy giant. COPENHAGEN — Denmark seemed the perfect host ...
- Trump’s businesses are full of dirty Russian money. The scandal is that it’s legal. The Washington Post
Collusion or not, President Trump and the Russians are thick as thieves. What I mean is that for more than three decades, at least 13 people with known or ...
- Brexit: MPs fail to break deadlock for second time — as it happened Financial Times
Welcome to another Brexit blog. Good afternoon and welcome to our live coverage as MPs once again seize control of the House of Commons for a series of ...
- America's wealthy investors say Fed-induced stock rally has plenty of life left — maybe years CNBC
Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell isn't the only market player who may be guilty of a little capitulation. Millionaire investors began 2019 with major ...
- As China Hacked, U.S. Businesses Turned A Blind Eye Georgia Public Broadcasting
Technology theft and other unfair business practices originating from China are costing the American economy more than $57 billion a year, White House.
- "On Second Thought" For Monday, March 4, 2019 | Georgia Public Broadcasting Georgia Public Broadcasting
A tornado whipped through Southeast Alabama Sunday evening along the Georgia border, causing injuries and property damage through both states. Gov.
- "On Second Thought" For Tuesday, March 12, 2019 | Georgia Public Broadcasting Georgia Public Broadcasting
Daylight saving time is behind us, and spring is just around the corner. To celebrate, "On Second Thought" is reflecting on a Southern icon: The Quercus.
- Chinese dad funds bone marrow transplant for his son by selling 200 tonnes of turnips - Asean+ The Star Online
Farmer and vegetable wholesaler who became friends over a lost wallet raise US$74460 in three days to pay for life-changing operation on two-year-old boy.
- On second thought, shutdown Politico
PROGRAMMING NOTE: Morning Tax will not publish from Dec. 24-Jan 1. The Morning Tax newsletter will resume publishing on Jan. 2. Editor's Note: This ...
- 'On Second Thought' For Wednesday, Feb. 6, 2019 | Georgia Public Broadcasting Georgia Public Broadcasting
Today's show highlighted the Atlanta Jewish Film Festival, the upcoming Savannah Book Festival and the importance of foreign language education for Georgia.
- The dad who gave birth: 'Being pregnant doesn't change me being a trans man' The Guardian
Transitioning meant that Freddy McConnell finally felt comfortable in his skin. Then he began a quest to conceive and carry his own child.
- "On Second Thought" For Friday, Feb. 22, 2019 | Georgia Public Broadcasting Georgia Public Broadcasting
This week in Georgia politics was all about the state's voting system . Rep. Barry Fleming (R-Harlem) filed a bill that proposed changing the voting.
- On Second Thought, Matt Kuchar Will Give His Caddie a Lot More Money The New York Times
The caddie, David Giral Ortiz, initially received $5000 when Kuchar won $1.296 million at the Mayakoba Classic in November. A typical caddie fee would have ...
- "On Second Thought" For Wednesday, March 6, 2019 | Georgia Public Broadcasting Georgia Public Broadcasting
Women's educational opportunities in the 19th Century were few and far between. Finishing schools focused on women's socialization and skills like art,
- On Second Thought, The Justice Dept. Does Think Something’s A Little Odd About McKinsey’s Professed Lack Of Potential Conflicts Of Interest Dealbreaker
In its ongoing battle with aggrieved competitor Jay Alix, McKinsey & Co. assured us that in the nearly two decades its been bankruptcy consulting, no other ...
- Naomi Campbell assaults and addiction: Violent side of supermodel NEWS.com.au
Supermodel Naomi Campbell recently celebrated 33 years in the fashion industry.
- 'On Second Thought' For Friday, March 8, 2019 | Georgia Public Broadcasting Georgia Public Broadcasting
On today's show, GPB reporters recapped events from crossover day at the Capitol, "Macon Conversations" addressed issues of identity, and the Dining for.
- "On Second Thought" For Tuesday, Feb. 26, 2019 | Georgia Public Broadcasting Georgia Public Broadcasting
Southern accents are inexplicably linked to a sense of culture, identity and community. They can also summon stereotypes about intelligence and education,
- On second thought, Zinke nixes Interior’s plan to possibly sell public land The Washington Post
The Interior Department canceled a proposal to potentially sell public land that was once protected inside the Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument ...
- Brainiac | On Second Thought: The fake news about fake news The Boston Globe
In 2017, a group of computer researchers from the United States and China published a study that sought to explain how “low-quality information” — now ...
- "On Second Thought" For Wednesday, Feb. 27, 2019 | Georgia Public Broadcasting Georgia Public Broadcasting
Hip-hop has evolved from the streets of New York in the '70s to become the most popular music genre today, but it hasn't always been "evolved" in.
- Brainiac | On Second Thought: Plagiarism is harder now, but it still happens The Boston Globe
Last year, Marc Abrahams was doing some fishing in the field of sex research for a book project when he stumbled across an article, from a 2000 issue of the ...
- "On Second Thought" For Friday, March 1, 2019 | Georgia Public Broadcasting Georgia Public Broadcasting
This week in Georgia politics involved the ongoing discussion over House Speaker David Ralston (R-Blue Ridge) and calls for his resignation, Gov. Kemp's.
- How This Founder Turned A Text Blunder Into A Successful Business Forbes
We've all done it— we typed a text message, hit send and then realized instantly that we made a mistake. It's easy to have a love/hate relationship with ...
- 'On Second Thought' For Tuesday, March 19, 2019 | Georgia Public Broadcasting Georgia Public Broadcasting
It takes about a decade to grow a productive pecan tree, but only a matter of minutes to take one down. Five months after the storm, a University of.
- Brainiac | On Second Thought: Researchers in Sweden choose transparency The Boston Globe
When scientists discover that their earlier research is flawed, they have a choice: They can ignore the error and hope no one else notices, too, or they can call ...
- Stacey Abrams: On second thought, maybe I will run in 2020 Washington Examiner
If you think Stacey Abrams had a hard time accepting her loss in Georgia's gubernatorial race last year, you should see how difficult she's finding it now to make ...
- "On Second Thought" For Monday, March 18, 2019 | Georgia Public Broadcasting Georgia Public Broadcasting
It's hard enough to eat well and stay in shape, but, in several parts of Georgia, residents don't even have access to nutritious foods. The Georgia Farmers.
- Detroit Auto Workers Face An Uncertain Future In Play 'Skeleton Crew' Georgia Public Broadcasting
Auto company General Motors recently announced it is shutting down production at five plants across North America, leaving thousands of workers without.
- "On Second Thought" For Tuesday, March 5, 2019 | Georgia Public Broadcasting Georgia Public Broadcasting
Last week, the governing body of the United Methodist Church voted to uphold a ban on same-sex marriage and openly gay clergy. The “Traditional Plan” won.
- 'On Second Thought' For Tuesday, Feb. 5, 2019 | Georgia Public Broadcasting Georgia Public Broadcasting
Today's show featured stories on Georgia artists Lee Moses and Grammy-nominee David Harris, who worked with artist H.E.R. on her self-titled album. Peter.
- "On Second Thought" For Monday, Feb. 25, 2019 | Georgia Public Broadcasting Georgia Public Broadcasting
Georgia is one of five states without a hate crimes law on the books; however, legislation proposed last week could change that. Sponsored by State Rep.
- "On Second Thought" For Friday, March 15, 2019 | Georgia Public Broadcasting Georgia Public Broadcasting
We're in the final weeks of the 2019 legislative session, and lawmakers are not going out quietly. They're debating changes to Georgia's abortion laws.
- On Second Thought, You Should Maybe Talk Less In Meetings Fast Company
The conventional wisdom is clear and–on its face–totally sensible: If you're trying to make a name for yourself in your company, you need to contribute during ...
- Brainiac | On Second Thought: No take-backs The Boston Globe
The University of Texas can dish out degrees, but it can't take them back — at least not without a court order. So says a judge in the state who ruled recently that ...
- On Second Thought: Researchers tried using ketamine to treat bipolar. But they made a huge blunder The Boston Globe
In 2015, a group of researchers from the United States published a study looking at the potential of the drug ketamine to treat people with bipolar disorder.
- Georgia-based 'Unladylike' Podcast Pairs Feminism, Journalism Georgia Public Broadcasting
Caroline Ervin and Cristen Conger said they were "printed word nerds" in college and both worked on University of Georgia's esteemed Red and Black.
- GPB's 'On Second Thought' on WRAS takes a hiatus Atlanta Journal Constitution
Originally posted Wednesday, July 18, 2018 by RODNEY HO/rho@ajc.
- Georgia Pecan Farmers Say Woes Persist Following Hurricane Michael Georgia Public Broadcasting
It takes about a decade to grow a productive pecan tree and a matter of minutes to take one down. A University of Georgia specialist estimates Hurricane.
- Atlanta Actor Writes Dead Serious Comedy About Mortality Georgia Public Broadcasting
It's hard to tell when, but the "what" is clear: everyone and everything that lives will someday die. Many of us banish thoughts of the inevitable from our.
- Amazon is reportedly having second thoughts about NY But don't get your hopes up, Boston The Boston Globe
As opposition mounts to the approximately $3 billion in tax breaks that New York city and state officials offered, Amazon is reportedly “reconsidering” its plan.
- On second thought: MB Financial dumps mortgage biz months after expanding it Crain's Chicago Business
Investors are happy the bank is getting out of the low-return business. The only question is why CEO Mitch Feiger doubled down on it just a few months ago.
- Texas' Charles Omenihu shows he can be 'Swiss Army knife' on pro timing day Hookem.com
“I can tell you a story,” Malik Jefferson said. The Cincinnati Bengals linebacker was one of a large number of former Longhorns who assembled Wednesday to ...
- How Sid And Ann Mashburn Styled Southern Hospitality To Scale Georgia Public Broadcasting
He's been called the South's best-dressed man . She was a fashion editor at Condé Nast. Together, they're Sid and Ann Mashburn , the husband-and-wife.
- On second thought, maybe free booze and workplaces don't mix The Boston Globe
Given the growing wave of sexual misconduct allegations nationwide, is it time for startups to rethink the popular job perk?
- Kevin Paul Dupont: Let's look at the impact of the Nike ad featuring Colin Kaepernick The Boston Globe
Nothing like a culture war to get the ol' protest juices going. Owners of Nike paraphernalia, irked over the company on Monday centering its throwback ad ...
- On Second Thought, Sports Betting Passed By ND House KVRR
BISMARCK – North Dakota's House has reconsidered and passed legislation to allow legal gambling on college and professional sports. The bill originally got ...
- On Second Thought: Scientists appear to dupe editors into publishing image of baboon feces with hidden Trump face The Boston Globe
Call it the Case of Mt. Flushmore. A pair of scientists appear to have duped the editors of the journal Scientific Reports by submitting an image of baboon feces in ...
- On Second Thought: Cancer researcher facing potential criminal charges for research misconduct The Boston Globe
Cancer researcher Alfredo Fusco has been facing potential criminal charges in Italy for research misconduct for more than five years, including accusations that ...
- On second thought: A man of many talents — with a spotty scientific record The Boston Globe
Richard M. Fleming may be a man of many talents, but his record as a scientist has been spotty. Fleming, who bills himself on Twitter as “PhD, MD, JD AND ...
- PD Editorial: On second thought, daylight saving time isn't so bad Santa Rosa Press Democrat
Twice a year, Americans across most of the country must deal with a disruption to their daily schedule. In early March, clocks spring forward an hour with the ...
- NFL shouldn't be so short-sighted on Kyler Murray The Boston Globe
The NFL Combine, the weeklong examination of the country's top college football talent that is equal parts Petri dish and taffy pull, rolled out all of its finest ...
- On second thought, Panhandler's owner decides to close The Coloradoan
After 37 years as an iconic presence in Campus West, Panhandler's Pizza will close Sept. 24, but owner John Olson hopes a Pan's fan will step in to buy the ...
- Pricing Needs to Reflect Who People Want to Be, Not Just What They Want HBR.org Daily
When are people willing to pay a super-high price premium for something? They do, for example, for vacation properties in just the right places, like ...
- Boastful big game hunter shoots himself in the foot this time The Boston Globe
Blake Fischer is in the hunt for a new gig, and given his obvious prowess for chasing things down, the sharp-eyed ex-Idaho Fish and Game commissioner no ...
- Prenatal Testing Can Ease Minds Or Heighten Anxieties Georgia Public Broadcasting
It wasn't hard for Shara Watkins to get pregnant. It was hard for her to stay pregnant. In 2016, she was devastated by two miscarriages. With the help.
- Parlez-vous Français? Georgia Says 'Oui,' Leads Southeast In World Language Education Georgia Public Broadcasting
Speaking more than one language benefits academic achievement, cognitive abilities and cultural awareness . Multilingual candidates also stand out to.
- Valdosta State University Offers College Course Based on Beyoncé's 'Lemonade' Georgia Public Broadcasting
Many people will pay for Beyoncé concert tickets, but what about paying for a Beyoncé class for credit? A group of college students at Valdosta State University ...
- On Second Thought: US Adults Reflect on Their Education Decisions Gallup
Based on daily interviews of approximately 350 U.S. adults, with more than 122,500 annually, the report illustrates the extent to which education consumers in ...
- One Year After 'An American Marriage,' Author Tayari Jones Reflects On Coming Home To Atlanta Georgia Public Broadcasting
Whether celebrated joyfully or begrudgingly, Valentine's Day is the holiday when the varieties of love – or the absence of love – come sharply into focus.
- Cutting Jordan Phillips wasn't a great Dolphins decision Miami Herald
The Miami Dolphins cut Jordan Phillips in October, and he was claimed by the division-rival Buffalo Bills. But then the Dolphins found themselves needing help ...
- Feeling All the Feels in Energy Stocks Washington Post
If there's any sector that wishes numbers were meaningless and feelings were currency, it's energy. On second thought, maybe even feelings wouldn't be much ...
- On second thought: Change of heart pays off for Felton LubbockOnline.com
In the official record, it's as if DeMarcus Felton never left. He spent the last four years in the Texas Tech football program, and he's finishing his career in the ...
- Hulu's Latest Influencer Marketing Campaign Should Give You Second Thoughts About Using One Inc.
There's a good chance your influencer campaign doesn't influence.
- 28-Year-Old Creates App that Lets You Take Back Text Messages Black Enterprise
Page: 1 2. There have been ongoing programs and initiatives set in place to close the STEM gender gap. Men dominate the field, and black women in particular ...
- Beto O'Rourke: On Second Thought, Maybe I Will Run For President Outside The Beltway - Mobile Edition
After initially saying no, Texas Congressman Beto O'Rourke is now reopening the door to the idea of running for President.