Swivel Beauty is a new platform that’s revolutionizing how women of color discover and book appointments with talented hairstylists.
Sign up for the Moguldom newsletter — business news you need to know about economic empowerment for the digital age, delivered to your inbox.
- Swivel Beauty: Where Bantu Knots And Twist Outs Meet Tech Forbes
Most women have had at least one bad hair salon experience. The founders of Swivel Beauty are making sure your stylist is a perfect match for your hair.
- Swivel Hair App for Black Women - Founders of Beauty App for Women of Color ELLE.com
Jihan Thompson and Jennifer Lambert founded Swivel to help other women of color find spots to get their hair done.
- Paris Hilton Will Never Go Away and Never Stop Making Money Money Magazine
Heiress Paris Hilton talks The American Meme, Platinum Rush, Paris Hilton Entertainment, and why she's finally getting serious about money.
- 64 Legit Products On Amazon That Are Surprisingly Cheap AF Bustle
If you're wary of those bargain-priced buys, concerned that you'll be getting what you pay for if you purchase something that's too inexpensively priced, set your ...
- Remembering Sprite and St. Ides' Rap Campaigns: Music Sermon Vibe
Before rap was used to sell everything under the sun, the 80s and 90s saw two brands put their entire business on hip-hop's back: Sprite and St. Ides.
- This App Wants To Save Black Women From Stylists Ruining Their Hair Fast Company
Swivel Beauty helps black women easily find hairstylists who can understand their hair.
- This Dynamic Duo Is Disrupting the Fashion Industry. Here's a Peek Inside Their Business and Daily Lives. Entrepreneur
These badass entrepreneurs take you through their not-so-average day, which involves beauty salons, blowouts and cocktail parties.
- For people of color, booking beauty services has never been easy — until now Yahoo Finance
You don't have to commit to certain apps based on your hair texture or skin tone, but it is nice to know there are more options available for people of color to ...
- Global Salon and Barber Chairs Market Growth rate by 2023 – Top Key Vendors – Walcut, LCL Beauty, Omwah, Lexus, Takara Belmont, Delano, Icarus, Memphis, Dir Belgrano and more… Industry Journal
Industrial Forecasts on Salon and Barber Chairs Industry: A new research report titled, 'Global Salon and Barber Chairs Market Size, Status and Forecast ...
- Anderson .Paak, Tierra Whack And More Praise Female Artists At 2018 Billboard Women In Music Vibe
VIBE spoke to some of the musicians in attendance on the carpet, including Anderson .Paak and Tierra Whack, about the strong year in music for female artists.
- What It's Like to Fly the Pilatus PC-24 Flying
Along with the beauty and precision that the Swiss are known for around the world, the Pilatus PC-24 delivers on the company's promise to its customers.
- The Forgotten Legend of Silicon Valley's Flying Saucer Man Bloomberg
Alexander Weygers, a Renaissance man in the mold of the tech industry's stated ideal, inspired an art dealer to become an acolyte.
- Young Guru And Anthony Cruz Discuss Engineering Meek Mill's 'Championships' Album Vibe
It all started at the 40/40 Club and Roc the Mic Studios. For Anthony Cruz, working two jobs to fulfill his passion was a path he didn't mind walking for a ...
- Barry Jenkins Proves Love Is The Great Equalizer In 'If Beale Street Could Talk' Vibe
Ahead of the film's Golden Globe nominations, Barry Jenkins discusses the many different ways, James Baldwin showed love in 'If Beale Street Could Talk'.
- They're Doing It: Awe-Inspiring Black Female Entrepreneurs Entrepreneur
Black female business owners are a booming economic force in the U.S. Here are nine women leading the charge.
- Unpacking the War: A Soldier Returns to Vietnam Military.com
Richard Rice served nearly 30 years in the U.S. Army Special Forces, participating in every major conflict and mission of his generation. He is a senior adviser at ...
- Interior Designer Crush: Ashley Gilbreath StyleBlueprint
Our latest interior designer crush has a knack for the timeless. Her designs exude classic charm and style while maintaining a livability that is practical and ...
- Tiffany Evans, Her Cross To Bear, And Being 'Open Even If It Hurts' Vibe
Tiffany Evans took time to chat with VIBE about domestic abuse, her new single and her forthcoming EP.
- Christmas with Juve Gisborne Herald
by Justine Tyerman Published: December 9, 2018 4:01AM. See Juve for the perfect Christmas stocking filler, or the ultimate indulgence. Pictures supplied.
- How playing sports as girls could be the secret to building powerful execs Well+Good
What's the secret to success? A recent stat pinpoints playing sports growing up as a commonality 96 percent of top female executives share. We decided to talk ...
- An App to Help Black Women With Hair Care The New York Times
The beauty booking program connects black and Hispanic women with salons that know how to care for textured hair.
- Hair Did: This new app caters to women of color Blavity
Here's the thing about textured hair — there is no one-size-fits-all formula that will work for every woman's tresses. I'm sure many of you can attest (or drop a ...
- 5 Beauty Tech Companies Founded by Black Entrepreneurs Black Enterprise
In a world dominated by mobile applications, here are some standouts in the beauty industry that were created by black entrepreneurs.
- Global Salon and Barber Chairs Market 2018 – MaeÂ's, KO Professional, Walcut, LCL Beauty, Omwah, Lexus, Takara Belmont, Delano, Icarus, Memphis, Dir Belgrano – StockNews Now thestocknewsnow.com
The complete research assessment of Global Salon and Barber Chairs Market provides granular analysis of industry's new upgrades, censorious trends, current ...
- 25 Weird Things People Do While Traveling (Caught On Camera) TheTravel
That's what we're here to examine: some of the strangest and weirdest behaviors that people do while they're traveling to different places!
- Global Salon and Barber Chairs Market 2018 – Mae?s, KO Professional, Walcut, LCL Beauty, Omwah, Lexus, Takara Belmont – StockNews Now thestocknewsnow.com
The report provides in-depth analysis and strategies of Global Salon and Barber Chairs Market delivers a comprehensive analysis of price, revenue, gross ...
- Jihan Thompson and Jennifer Lambert: When Good Girlfriends Make Great Business Partners Essence.com
ESSENCE's Future 15 list spotlights Black millennial disruptors who are creating a new definition for success. Meet tomorrow's greatest influencers today.
- 6 Black-Owned Companies to Solve Every Beauty Problem Brit + Co
Whether it's dealing with makeup that's too muted or a hair product that doesn't work with a specific texture, real-life beauty problems can lead to the start of a ...
- How Women of Color Are Taking the Hair Business Into Their Own Hands Allure Magazine
Three new businesses founded by women of color, have recently launched, each designed to make the hair styling process for black hair easier.
- Global Salon and Barber Chairs Market to See Worldwide Growth by 2025: Leading Companies are Mae's, KO Professional, Walcut BittAsset
This report released by Researchvector on the Salon and Barber Chairs market is an all-encompassing research on the market trends of Salon and Barber ...
- SEPHORA Announces The 10 New Female Business Leaders Selected For Its Second Annual Sephora Accelerate Cohort PR Newswire
SAN FRANCISCO, March 8, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- SEPHORA, the global leader in prestige beauty retail, announced today the entrepreneurs selected to ...
- 25 cool new products only Prime members can get their hands on before Amazon Prime Day Business Insider
Prime Day Launches are a selection of new products that are only available to Prime members for a limited time. You can check here for an updated list, but ...
- Global Barber's Chair Market Insights 2018-2025: Mae's, KO Professional, Walcut, LCL Beauty, Omwah, Lexus The Book of Kindle
The global “Barber's Chair Market” report offers a planned observation of analyzed data associated to Barber's Chair market. The Barber's Chair market report ...
- Global BarberÂ's Chair Market 2018 – MaeÂ's, KO Professional, Walcut, LCL Beauty, Omwah, Lexus, Takara Belmont, Delano, Icarus, Memphis, Dir Belgrano, BestSalon – Crypto News Crypto News
The complete research assessment of Global BarberÂ's Chair Market provides granular analysis of industry's new upgrades, censorious trends, current market ...
- Mens Suits Market 2018 – 2025 Size, Trends, Growth, Segmentation themarketmirror.com
Global Barbershop Chair Market 2018-2025 report delivers a comprehensive research based study of the market along with the market share, forecast data, ...
- Global Salon and Barber Chairs Market Research Report 2018-2025 – Mae's, KO Professional, Walcut, LCL Beauty, Omwah, Lexus Techno News Expert
The report gives a brief overview of the Salon and Barber Chairs Market and comprehensive analysis. Salon and Barber Chairs Market give opportunity to ...
- The best eyeliner you can buy Business Insider
Eyeliner can add a hint of drama to your look. We've found the best eyeliner for most people's needs and we have other picks for those who want a budget ...
- The best hair straightener you can buy Business Insider
If you want to straighten your curly or wavy hair, you need a good hair straightener. These are the best hair straighteners you can buy.
- The Best Office Chairs on Amazon, According to Hyperenthusiastic Reviewers New York Magazine
Here at the Strategist, we like to think of ourselves as crazy (in the good way) about the stuff we buy (like pillows), but as much as we'd like to, we can't try ...
- Global Salon and Barber Chairs Market Insights 2018-2025: Mae's, KO Professional, Walcut, LCL Beauty, Omwah, Lexus The Book of Kindle
The global “Salon and Barber Chairs market” research report portrays a deep analysis of the global Salon and Barber Chairs market. The market value is ...
- Cyber Monday Deals on 40 Inch Tv 2016 have been announced NewEnglandSportsJournal
To get the lowdown on best 40 inch tv 2016 cyber Monday deals, we've consulted top experts who has in-and-out knowledge about the 40 inch tv 2016.
- The best curling iron you can buy Business Insider
With the right curling iron and plenty of practice, you can get Instagram-worthy curls at home. We did the research to find the best curling irons you can buy for ...
- Bobbi Brown and Ulla Johnson Team on Spring 2019 Makeup Collab WWD
A sneak peek of the products, including cream highlighters, was revealed backstage at the designer's spring show.
- Global Barbershop Chair Market Study 2018-2025: Mae€™s, KO Professional, Walcut, LCL Beauty, Omwah, Lexus, Takara Belmont The Blamfluie
The global “Barbershop Chair market” research report initiates a comprehensive analysis of the global Barbershop Chair market. It offers the analysis of the rate ...
- Color Cosmetics: Packaging Self-Expression Beauty Packaging Magazine
There's no question that social media's role in our lives has influenced sales in the cosmetics market, partially because users want to appear their best when ...
- The Top 10 New Beauty Inventions That Were Available in Asia Are Now Finally Coming to the USA Through Nuroco.com PR Newswire
ARCADIA, Calif., March 15, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Some products in the beauty industry could use a makeover. With all the amazing technology and ...
- Prime Day 2018 grand finale: Can't-miss deals keep coming (PM update) Business Insider
Here's our list of the best last-minute Prime Day 2018 deals still going on, including tech, smart home and kitchen, travel, and back-to-school. Many of the best ...
- Red Sox Explain Their Celebratory Hip Shimmy … Sort Of CBS Boston
By Michael Hurley, CBS Boston. BOSTON (CBS) — The Boston Red Sox are the best team in baseball, cruising their way to the best record in the majors and a ...
- Why your smartphone needs 5 cameras Computerworld
By the end of next year, five cameras will be standard on flagship smartphones. Because AI and AR.
- New cosmetology school enrolling students Galesburg Register-Mail
GALESBURG — A new cosmetology school will open next month in Galesburg, filling the void left when Carl Sandburg College's cosmetology program shut ...
- What's The Next Trend In Leadership? Black Women Forbes Now
Black women are emerging as leaders across all sectors of the economy. Because they have had to overcome adversities to succeed, those who make it tend to ...
- "Smart" Style in Kitchen & Bath Design: Where Beauty Meets Technology WRAL.com
The kitchens and baths of 2018 are all about clean lines, soft hues (with a pop of color drama), maximum efficiency, smart systems and the curated look (say no ...
- Plastics News Plastics News
Vista, Calif. — Distinctive Plastics Inc. decided it needed to get into molding for medical device components in 2010. A year later, when it obtained its ISO 13485 ...
- Top 10 Best Shower Head High Pressure Sprays Black Friday Deals 2018 TechnoStalls
This Report shows the list of top 10 best Shower Head High Pressure Sprays blackfriday deals. The products are selected based on various kind of Research ...
- Top 10 Best Travel Curling Irons Black Friday Deals 2018 TechnoStalls
This Report shows the list of top 10 best Travel Curling Irons blackfriday deals. The products are selected based on various kind of Research and Surveys.
- Best cameras for vlogging: Which features matter most Mashable
Sure, everyone has a camera on their smartphone. But if you want to be a vlogger — and a shot above the rest — you have to invest in the right camera.
- 50 awesome gifts from Nordstrom — from $10 coasters to a $695 smartwatch Business Insider
It's hard to mess up while shopping at Nordstrom, but if we had to narrow down the selection to only 50, these are the gifts we would choose.
- 21 bathroom organization products on Amazon that will help you make better use of your counter and cabinet space — all under $25 Business Insider
The Insider Picks team writes about stuff we think you'll like. Business Insider has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase.
- In Doria Ragland, There's a Singular Beauty Lynchburg News and Advance
At the last minute, with an unfortunate combination of bad news and gratuitous drama, the divorced father was unable to attend his daughter's wedding.
- 3 Startups Vying to Become the 'Uber for Beauty' Fashionista
In early August, Gilt's Alexandra Wilkis Wilson made headlines when she announced her decision to leave the company she had co-founded to take over the ...
- Bombardier shows off next-generation business jet seat New Atlas
Claiming to be the first major change in the business aircraft seat in 30 years, Bombardier Business Aircraft's new Nuage seat makes its debut on the company's ...
- The Iconic: becoming customer-focused transformed the business CMO
Becoming a more customer-focused organisation has been one of the best things to ever happen to The Iconic, said COO of the online fashion retailer, Anna ...
- Top 10 Best Mens Toiletry Bags Black Friday Deals 2018 TechnoStalls
This Report shows the list of top 10 best Mens Toiletry Bags blackfriday deals. The products are selected based on various kind of Research and Surveys.
- Hampton firm makes virtual reality shows for Matchbox Twenty Daily Press
Hampton startup Ad Air's virtual reality work is getting noticed by the entertainment industry, specifically in helping the rock band Matchbox Twenty give fans a ...
- The best makeup organizers you can buy Business Insider
If you have an epic makeup collection, you need a makeup organizer to make your routine go smoother. These are the best makeup organizers you can buy.
- Samsung wants to force its folding Galaxy phone on us this year whether we want it or not PCWorld
Samsung has been threatening to release a folding phone for the better part of five years, and now it looks like it might actually happen. In an interview with ...
- Former Publicis chair joins KPMG customer advisory team CMO
It's been another big recruiting week for consultancy firm, KPMG, which has brought on former Publicis Communications chair and CEO, Andrew Baxter, ...
- Salon and Spa Equipment Distributor's Take on the Business India Retailing
It is true that in the salon and spa equipment segment, there is far too much competition, which makes it diffi cult for small and mid segment brands to survive.
- A history of cosmetics ingredients and their evolution Cosmetics Business
Ingredients. BASF's Birte Kattelmann-Jagdt delves into the evolution of cosmetics. We are living in an age when cosmetics innovation is advancing faster than ...
- FaceCake Launches the First In-Browser Augmented Reality Beauty Experience With Cargo Cosmetics PR Newswire
CALABASAS, Calif., March 7, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Augmented reality pioneer FaceCake Marketing Technologies, Inc., creator of the Swivel® Virtual Dressing ...
- Meet Anitta: the Queen of Brazilian Pop Papermag
"There are so many things happening so fast," Anitta says over the phone, sounding slightly exasperated, during a break while filming La Voz Mexico at the end ...
- Melville Marriott Long Island Completes Multi-Million Dollar Renovation Business Wire
CRESTVIEW HILLS, Ky.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Columbia Sussex, one of the largest Marriott franchisees in the country, is in the midst of an aggressive renovation ...
- Hawker 850XP Business Jet Traveler
This midsize bizjet is the penultimate edition of a model that benefited from a series of improvements during its 51-year production run.
- Sanaa Lathan Goes All-Natural ELLE.com
In Netflix's Nappily Ever After, the onscreen chameleon met a new challenge: playing a woman a lot like herself, in need of release.
- Microsoft to slash size of Windows 10's monthly updates Computerworld
The smaller updates will make their debut with the release of Windows 10 version 1809, due in September.
- Pioneering black ballet dancer wants to keep destroying stereotypes and changing attitudes South China Morning Post
In her first visit to Hong Kong, Misty Copeland talks about how she became the first black performer to be made principal dancer at the American Ballet Theatre ...
- The Original Hula-Hoop Girl, Now 94, Is the Subject of a Tribeca Film Festival Documentary Vogue.com
The original Hula-Hoop girl is sitting in a café wearing a leopard-lined jacket, gold-painted nails, and Revlon lipstick in a shade called Orange Flip. She is ...
- The Best Rolling Luggage on Amazon, According to Hyperenthusiastic Reviewers Slate
Here at the Strategist, we like to think of ourselves as crazy (in the good way) about the stuff we buy (like pillows), but as much as we'd like to, we can't try ...
- The best Thanksgiving cooking tools you can buy Business Insider
You need a lot of tools to cook a good Thanksgiving dinner. These are the best Thanksgiving cooking tools you can buy for turkey prep and more.
- 7 spots around the Milwaukee suburbs to take in the fall colors Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
Splashes of gold, waves of red, streaks of orange and that strangely comforting sound of crunching through the fallen leaves or hearing the wind scrape them ...
- Gift shopping? No problem — just fill in the blanks Los Angeles Times
You want to win the holidays? Tell us about who you're shopping for, and we'll suggest a gift curated by the Los Angeles Times.
- 7 Best Hair Salon Chairs: Compare, Buy & Save (2018) Heavy.com
Besides your hairdressing skills, salon chairs are the equipment your clients interact with most. Check out these best styling chairs for your salon.
- NAB drops GM brand experience role in marketing function reshuffle CMO
NAB is dropping its GM of brand experience role and elevating a number of brand managers to directly report to the CMO as part of a reshuffle of its marketing ...
- Indie Beauty: Where ideas, inspiration, innovation, and investments happen in the cosmetics and personal care industry today (part 2 of 2) CosmeticsDesign.com USA
The independent beauty movement is unstoppable. It's no longer niche and it's no longer negligible. Here Cosmetics Design examines all things indie—what's ...
- The Real Housewives of New York City boat ride from hell was heavenly Vox.com
Every week, we pick a new episode of the week. It could be good. It could be bad. It will always be interesting. You can read the archives here. The episode of ...
- CMO's top 8 martech stories for the week - 7 June 2018 CMO
All the latest martech and adtech news this week from Pegasystems, Adobe, Integral Ad Science, Domo and more.
- Panasonic Launches New Styling Iron PR Newswire
NEWARK, N.J., March 5, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Panasonic Consumer Electronics Company today announced the debut of an advanced styling iron designed ...
- 'We had to start from ground zero': Woman recounts husband's recovery after stroke at 35000 feet Seattle Times
Alison Pataki's memoir, "Beauty in the Broken Places," recounts how her life was upended after her husband suffered a stroke on a flight to Seattle, while she ...
- Leaving California: NordVan creates a cozy, gas-free VW camper van for two New Atlas
The NordVan Crafter camper van carries two adventurers away from the grid and lets them live in comfort with a heated cabin, compact bathroom, ...
- How Microsoft became tech’s good guy Computerworld
Once upon a time, Microsoft symbolized all that was wrong with the tech world: greedy, monopolistic, single-mindedly focused on profits while caring little about ...
- Entertainment companies join forces in major push to block pirate sites Computerworld Australia
Village Roadshow Films and a group of film studios — Disney, Twentieth Century Fox, Paramount Pictures, Columbia Pictures, Universal, Warner Bros — have ...
- Women fear being targeted while shopping in West Allis and Franklin, but police say they weren't in danger Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
Police in West Allis and Franklin are saying there is nothing to be alarmed about two women who posted on social media that they were followed while shopping ...
- 7 Eco-Friendly Luggage Options and Travel Suitcases For The Green-Minded Jet Setter Eco Warrior Princess
Love to travel but concerned about your high carbon lifestyle? An eco-friendly suitcase or luggage bag may help to reduce your feelings of guilt. Check out these ...
- Bombardier’s Nuage Ushers in a New Age of Aircraft Seating Robb Report
The new seating will be first available on Bombardier's upcoming Global 7000, which is set to launch by the end of the year.
- Facebook unveils the Portal, a video-chat camera for people who still trust Facebook SFGate
The Portal is a sleek new video camera and screen that makes chats with family and friends look great. It has just one problem: It was made by Mark Zuckerberg.
- Best of the Bayou City: Beauty Houstonia Magazine
Including where to find the best spa treatment and the best colorist worth the six-week wait.
- Cisco software, subscription strategies pay off Network World
Cisco's fiscal year 2018 results say deferred product revenue related to recurring software and subscription offers increased 23 percent over 2017.
- Denver photographer, cancer survivor captures breathtaking images through the window of his car KING5.com
This Colorado photographer is using his breathtaking collection of wildlife images - all captured through the window of his car - to help tackle colorectal cancer.
- The 'painted wolves' of Zimbabwe BBC News
They are stunning; there's no question. And the name, "painted wolves", seems so apt. Their dappled tan and black fur, shot through with flashes of white, ...
- Samsung folding smartphone revealed to developers BBC News
Samsung has unveiled a folding handset at an event in San Francisco. It described its Infinity Flex Display as "the foundation of the smartphone of tomorrow" and ...