The Difference provides access to therapy as an Alexa Skill. Though reports of mental health issues are on the rise, access to quality counseling remains a huge hurdle. By merging psychology with technology, The Difference has created an affordable and anonymous way to get support on your own time, and in your own space.
Founder and licensed therapist, Bea Arthur, has been called “innovative and inspiring” by the American Counseling Association. She’s leading the modern mental health movement as one of the first to move therapy online with streaming video, and now she’s innovating once again utilizing voice technology. Bea is a regular contributor to Forbes and Fox & Friends, and has been featured in Elle, Fast Company, Huffington Post, NPR, CNN, and MTV. She was named part of the New Guard of women in tech by Marie Claire magazine as well as an Entrepreneur To Bet On by Newsweek Magazine. A Columbia University alum and TEDx speaker, she was also the first African American woman to be accepted into the prestigious Y Combinator startup accelerator program.
- Billionaires vs. millionaires: The difference in how they view money Business Insider
Billionaires are different from millionaires in that they enjoy making money more than they enjoy spending it, according to Rafael Badziag in his book "The Billion ...
- Mogo Finance Technology and Difference Capital Announce Completion of Business Combination and Formation of Mogo Inc. GlobeNewswire
VANCOUVER, British Columbia, June 21, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Mogo Finance Technology Inc. (TSX:MOGO) (NASDAQ: MOGO) ("Mogo") and ...
- ‘Look At The Difference’: Classic Car ‘Roll-Ins’ Helping Henderson’s Struggling Businesses WCCO | CBS Minnesota
MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — A Minnesota town that was virtually cut off by spring flooding is on the road to recovery. The Minnesota River runs along Henderson.
- He Did $1 Million In Sales In The First Week Of Business And His Startup Is Now Worth $1 Billion Forbes
Andrew Dudum has played a role in 12 plus companies, raised hundreds of millions of dollars in the process, and have created a venture producing machine.
- The Week in Business: Stocks Hit a Record High, and Facebook Wants to Replace Your Bank The New York Times
Here's your quick rundown of the week's biggest stories in business and tech, so you can spend more of your weekend hours enjoying the sun on the longest ...
- Doing a direct listing like Slack can be a huge boon to employees and investors, but experts say it'll stay an anomaly for 1 key reason Business Insider
Companies with a lot of money and brand recognition can save money on bank fees via a direct listing.
- Recession risks are uncomfortably rising as faith in the economy wanes The Philadelphia Inquirer
President Trump's trade war is creating an increasing amount of angst, as it clearly could go very wrong.
- According to This Well-Known Tech CEO, These 2 Qualities Make All the Difference in an Employee Inc.
Bill McDermott is the CEO of SAP, a global technology company with over 100,000 employees in offices around the world. I think it's safe to say that he knows ...
- Wendy Williams Says Kevin Hunter Controlled Her Business Prior to Split: 'I Wanna Be in on the Conversation' inTouch Weekly
Thank you, next! Wendy Williams claimed that her estranged husband, Kevin Hunter, controlled her business prior to their divorce. “Now, the difference in my ...
- Treat workers as employees? Uber, Lyft and others are scrambling for a compromise Los Angeles Times
Faced with a looming threat to their way of doing business, Uber, Lyft and other major on-demand companies are trying something they've historically been ...
- Private vs. Public Companies - What's the Difference? TheStreet.com
There are many differences between private and public companies that investors should be aware of. The biggest difference is that it is easier for individuals to ...
- Turning a difference in family business into opportunity Albuquerque Journal
According to the U.S. Census Bureau, family firms account for 90 percent of all business enterprises in North America, 55 million in the United States alone.
- What Are Tax ID and Corporate Numbers? Business News Daily
Understanding the difference between tax ID numbers and corporate numbers requires a quick look at IRS policy.
- Canadian Fintech Mogo Announces Completion of Business Combination & Formation With Difference Capital Crowdfund Insider
Canadian fintech Mogo Finance Technology announced on Friday it has completed the business combination and formation with Difference Capital. Mogo.
- Facultative and treaty reinsurance: What's the difference? Insurance Business
Reinsurance is often described as insurance for insurance companies. It's a way for insurance companies to transfer some of the financial risk they assume ...
- Financial Focus: The Difference Between a Broker and An Advisor Norwood News
When I graduated with my BA from college in Business Economics, I did what every person did in 1987: got a business entry desk job or a job in Wall Street.
- Bumrahs spell made the difference: Afghanistan captain Gulbadin Business Standard
Captain Gulbadin Naib termed Jasprit Bumrah's two-wicket burst in the 29th over as the actual game-changer after Afghanistan suffered an 11-run loss to India ...
- Better Buy: Tellurian vs. Cheniere Yahoo Finance
Can Tellurian become the next Cheniere, or should investors stick with the already-successful LNG pure play?
- I'm a bartender — and these are the drinks that we secretly judge you for ordering Business Insider
No matter what kind of drink you order, bartenders will happily make it. But there are some drinks they will secretly judge you for ordering.
- Sanders to propose canceling entire $1.6 trillion in U.S. student loan debt, escalating Democratic policy battle The Washington Post
Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) will propose on Monday eliminating all $1.6 trillion of student debt held in the United States, a significant escalation of the policy fight ...
- I paid off $8,000 of credit card debt by paying more than the minimum Business Insider
She didn't realize that paying only the monthly minimum payment wasn't enough, and her credit card debt continued to grow.
- Chicagoan named to head business center in Peoria Your Valley
By Philip Haldiman Independent Newsmedia. Michael Cohen has been named the head business analyst of the Small Business Development Center in Peoria.
- Steve Jobs Believed This Was the 1 Thing That Made the Difference Between Selling and Failing (It's Just Been Revealed) Inc.
Who'd have thought that Apple's co-founder would feel strongly about this?
- How the private space industry has benefited from government investment The Verge
Early investments from a government agency, like NASA or the Air Force, can be a crucial step in the evolution of commercial space companies from scrappy ...
- The difference between bitcoin and Facebook's Libra CNBC
"Libra is potentially one of the most positive external tailwinds in Bitcoin in its 10-year history," said Spencer Bogart, of Blockchain Capital.
- What's the Difference Between Original Medicare and Medicare Advantage Plans? Casper Star-Tribune Online
Understanding this crucial difference could save you thousands in medical costs.
- What Is The Difference Between Inbound And Outbound Call Centers? eSellerCafe
We explain the differences between inbound and outbound call centers and how to pick the right solution for your business.
- What's the difference between wealth and status? Business Insider
Wealth and status aren't the same because they have different levels of visibility — one is private, while the other is public.
- 4 Reasons Not To Buy Slack Stock Forbes
Just because you use a company's product, it does not mean you should buy its stock. For example, chances are that you've heard of Lyft, but if you had invested ...
- On the road to self-driving trucks, Starsky Robotics built a traditional trucking business TechCrunch
More than three years ago, self-driving trucks startup Starsky Robotics was founded to solve a fundamental issue with freight — a solution that CEO Stefan ...
- What's the Difference Between Wealth and Investment Management businessjournaldaily.com
Richard C. Morrow, Senior Financial Advisor with HBK, talks about the difference between wealth management and investment management.
- From the Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central and NAV Blogs: Understanding and applying AI; GST difference; OData MSDynamicsWorld.com
How to embed AI in Dynamics 365 Business Central extensions, adjusting DST differences and using OData V4 for bound actions.
- How Social Security benefits are calculated Fox Business
Social Security benefits will be a big portion of monthly retirement income for many Americans, and it helps to know how the benefits are calculated.
- Better Buy: Kinder Morgan Canada vs. Enbridge The Motley Fool
The differences between Kinder Morgan Canada and Enbridge are even bigger than they seem when you look a little deeper.
- How to Tell the Difference Between a Startup Accelerator and a Startup Incubator The Spoon
This past week, The Spoon hosted the first-ever Food Tech Fireside event, a live conversation between our editors, notable food industry figures, and with some ...
- How good headshots propel business AZ Big Media
Your business needs more than good headshots to stand out from the crowd, it needs flawless headshots. It needs headshots that are perfectly tailored to your ...
- City isn't settling for status quo | Focus | Journal Gazette Fort Wayne Journal Gazette
When outgoing Downtown Improvement District President Bill Brown thinks of the changes Fort Wayne has undergone in the last 10 years, he is reminded o ...
- NTPC: demand new challenge for India’s top power producer Livemint
While fuel availability is normalizing for NTPC Ltd, a new challenge is emerging: demand. Generation at thermal power plants tracked by the Central Electricity ...
- The US women's soccer team now makes more revenue than the men's. Female players say they still earn $100,000 less a year. Business Insider
The US women's soccer team generated more revenue through mostly ticket sales since 2016 than the men's team, according to The Wall Street Journal.
- The Real Reason We're More Likely to Elect a Woman in 2020 POLITICO
Studies tell us there's a huge difference between having just one versus multiple women competing for a job.
- Higher salary may be predicted by this behavior in kindergarten, study finds Fox Business
The way children behave in kindergarten could show how much money they'll make as adults.
- Auctions and losing face - Business News The Star Online
PETALING JAYA: Selling properties by private auction can sometimes offer better exposure, said the Association of Valuers, Property Managers, Estate Agents ...
- Making a difference in people’s lives Business Daily
If Dr Amit N. Thakker was to print his business cards it would be an exercise in excess. Because he'd have a card for his role as; Founding Director, Avenue ...
- Colorado aviation company aims to usher in new era with electric planes The Denver Post
George Bye, an Air Force fighter pilot, engineer and entrepreneur, sees electric airplanes as a way to secure the future of the aviation industry he has devoted ...
- This genetically engineered salmon may hit U.S. in 2020 PBS NewsHour
People are eating more fish than ever, and a third of global stocks are threatened by overfishing. A small company says its genetically engineered salmon can ...
- DuSable Museum of African American History CEO on media bias Crain's Chicago Business
Crain's might want to reflect on the disparate treatment given the city's premier black institution and the benign spin given others, writes the CEO of the DuSable ...
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez calls Trump's migrant detention centers 'concentration camps' and his administration 'fascist,' igniting a fierce debate online Business Insider
Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez accused President Donald Trump of running "concentration camps" to detain migrants and said his administration is ...
- Saddled with big student loans? These companies help employees pay off school debt. The Philadelphia Inquirer
To attract and retain millennial hires, employers are offering to help pay their student loans.
- Galaxy S10 vs Galaxy S10+: Which Samsung phone is best in 2019? Business Insider
If you're shopping for a new smartphone, it can be hard to know which is the right one. We compared the Galaxy S10 and S10+ to help you choose.
- Universal Music Fire Will Have ‘Zero Impact’ on Company’s Value, and Artists Will Have a Tough Time Suing: Analysts Variety
The Universal Music fire that destroyed 500000 master tapes will have "zero impact" on the company's valuation and sale plan, experts say.
- 'BoJack Horseman' animators unionize after protesting for fair pay INSIDER
The artists behind adult animated series "BoJack Horseman" have ratified a new contract with their production company that includes union benefits.
- Catering firm offers fare with a tasteful difference Business Times of Western Colorado
Phil Castle, The Business Times. Jose and Jacqueline Calvillo operate Mesa Feliz Catering, offering traditional New Mexico-style fare and other foods for a ...
- The difference between Denham Springs' first microbrewery and a bar? It's all in the vision The Advocate
Denham Springs has changed enough culturally that it will let alcohol flow a little more freely after the opening of its first microbrewery, but officials and residents ...
- Traditional Italian food — made with love Santa Clarita Valley Signal
Have you ever wished that you had an Italian grandmother that cooked for you? Well, that may not be possible, but Italia Panetteria and Deli comes very close.
- Even Top Workplaces face problems with diversity and pay gaps The Washington Post
There's no easy fix. Companies need to focus on structural obstacles, among other things, to increase equity.
- Would You Return This Lost Wallet? The New York Times
An intriguing new study found that people across the world are more inclined to give back a lost wallet if there is money inside.
- Details make the difference Saskatoon StarPhoenix
Thoughtful details elevate Edgewater Development's newest show home located at 526 Bolstad Turn in Aspen Ridge.
- Legal Roundtable Utah Business
This month we invited legal specialists to discuss diversity in the legal profession, technology, and work-life balance.
- Should Insurance Companies Pay Ransomware Demands? Slate
Insurance companies could exacerbate the ransomware situation by distancing targets from financial loss.
- Trump says London Mayor Sadiq Khan is a 'disaster' but homicide rates in US cities are much higher Business Insider
Donald Trump labels Sadiq Khan a "disaster" over his handling of violent crime in London. Trump quotes a tweet referring to the city as "Londonistan" following ...
- There’s a Spooky Vegan Bath Bomb Shop for Basic Witches LIVEKINDLY
At Witch Baby Soap, a bath bomb shop in New Jersey, you can buy cruelty-free and vegan bath products made especially for witches.
- Google was never really serious about tablets The Verge
Google's getting out of the tablet hardware business, canceling two different tablets it was building and reassigning those employees to other projects. And as it ...
- Kogan makes power play The Australian Financial Review
Online retailer Kogan.com has announced plans to enter the retail energy market in a multiyear agreement with Powershop Australia, the company that will ...
- New travel agent with a difference opens Romsey Advertiser
A BESPOKE travel agent has opened its doors in Hook.
- Interview: Slack CTO explains the company’s tech strategy in its quest to rid the world of email GeekWire
Workplace chat and collaboration technology company Slack is set to become a public company on Thursday, with implications for a wide variety of companies ...
- Difference between MLA and MP Business Insider India
The democratic governance in India is administered by people's representatives. The terms MLA (Member of Legislative Assembly) and MP (Member of ...
- Not so hospitable – waiters on their restaurant horror stories The Guardian
There was outrage when it was suggested a waiter should pay towards the bill of diners who had done a runner. We asked readers to share their most ...
- YouTube Demonetization and the Adpocalypse: What This Means for Business in 2019 G2
Interested in the latest development in YouTube demonetization that's sweeping over the internet? We break down everything you need to know about the ...
- The Small Donor Model That Helped Ocasio-Cortez Win Is Aiding Another Progressive The New York Times
Tiffany Cabán's candidacy for Queens district attorney is testing whether the traditional base of local donors has been surpassed by small out-of-town cash ...
- Airbnb taking rentals from locals in Miami's housing crisis Miami Herald
It is far more profitable for Miami, FL property owners to rent to tourists on Airbnb than it is to rent to locals long-term. From Hialeah to Homestead, owners are ...
- Horse deaths at Santa Anita may have implications for entire racing industry Los Angeles Times
Did the spate of horse deaths at Santa Anita have to happen? When it happened before elsewhere, officials sought solutions that often led to change.
- All about Libra, the new digital currency Business Mirror
Just last week Facebook announced that it will be launching Libra, its own cryptocurrency, next year. What's promising about Libra is that it can be used by.
- Know the difference between Application Software and System Software Business Insider India
Software is of two types namely system software and application software. They both differ in terms of their purpose and design. System software is meant to.
- Buy now, pay later: how Afterpay went from a triumphant share issue to an Austrac investigation The Guardian
Austrac says it suspects Afterpay breached anti-money laundering and counter-terrorism financing laws.
- The Long, Cruel History of the Anti-Abortion Crusade The New York Times
Amid the anti-abortion measures being pushed through state legislatures, consider the mazy history of abortion in the United States. Women, capable of ...
- Are the best jobs in North Carolina also the best jobs in the US? NC Dept of Commerce
Every year lists detailing the best jobs in America are released by groups such as Glassdoor, Indeed and U.S. News and World Report. These lists have similar ...
- I paid $12000 off my credit card debt after making one simple change Stuff.co.nz
I got my first credit card in 2003 in my first year at university when I opened up a Chase Bank account, and 16 years later, I'd racked up US$23,000 (NZ$35,000) ...
- When Your Job Is Your Identity, Professional Failure Hurts More Harvard Business Review
Jake is three and he is tired. He wants to be picked up and held. “It's okay sweetie,” his mom, Kate, sings as she reaches down to pick him up. Midway through ...
- CMSCI welcomes probe into difference in cement prices between East, Peninsular M’sia The Borneo Post
KUCHING: CMS Cement Industries Sdn Bhd (CMSCI) welcomes the request of Finance Minister Lim Guan Eng to probe the difference in cement prices between ...
- Are pricey tech stocks still a good investment? Business Day
Managers warn of hype in otherwise profitable sector.
- KFC's vegan burger: Could it wean you off chicken? BBC News
The fried chicken firm is the latest fast food chain to join the vegan bandwagon, with mixed results.
- Bottled water: can you taste the difference? The Irish Times
It is surprising how many water brands are owned by food and beverage giants.
- Microsoft's missteps offer antitrust lessons for tech's Big Four New Zealand Herald
Software giant faced regulators decades ago. Its losing playbook can help today's targets.
- Taylor Swift only started promoting LGBTQ rights when it benefited her Business Insider
Taylor Swift is using her new single and music video to advocate for the LGBTQ community, but is "You Need To Calm Down" actually progressive?
- Should you opt for a home loan from bank or housing finance company? Economic Times
At any point in time, you always have the option to transfer your home loan from HFC to a bank at lower interest rates and other favourable terms and conditions.
- Slow out of the gate, university grads fare better than other Canadians: study CBC News
Young people entering the job market straight out of university may hit a bit of bumpy road at the start. But while university grads may find the job hunt slow out of ...
- What's The Difference Between Business and First Class? Forbes Now
If you're looking to book a flight, you may be a bit confused about the differences between business and first class seating. There are some things that are the ...
- Two governments: Uniform only difference: Asif Business Recorder
Co-Chai-rman Pakistan People's Party (PPP) Asif Ali Zardari has said that military uniform is the only difference between the government of Gen Pervez ...
- Is that side hustle a business or a hobby? Know the difference to avoid issues with the IRS. The Washington Post
You may be planning to start a business after you retire from your 9-to-5 job, but it's important to know whether your venture is a true profit-making operation or ...
- Japan Post Bank to cap int'l transfers to counter money laundering Japan Today
Japan Post Bank Co plans to set a limit on over-the-counter international cash transfers of 5 million yen to combat money laundering, sources close to the matter ...
- Tough calls make a mountain of difference Business News
The wages of Australian workers could almost double in real terms by 2060, with manufacturing showing the biggest potential, aided by technology adoption ...
- What Is The Difference Between An Inc., Ltd., Co., and LLC? Mental Floss
Raad Ahmed: When forming a business, you definitely want to make sure that you are forming it properly. The primary difference between the terms Inc., Ltd., Co.
- The Difference Between Personal and Business Credit Reports Nav
Business owners have a lot to juggle, including multiple types of credit scores. Here's the difference between business and personal credit reports.
- How to Know If You're Business Is Scalable Inc.
Being an entrepreneur is about building more freedom, not a longer To Do list.
- How An ESOP Made All The Difference For An Early Entrant Into The Craft Beer Business Forbes
Mass Bay Brewing Company got its start as the passion project of three college friends; in 2014, they let their employees in on ownership as well.
- Delta's New Le Labo Amenity Kits One Mile at a Time
Delta is introducing new amenity kits, which see them adding Le Labo products and also eliminating plastic as much as possible. Here are the details.
- What’s the difference between public relations and marketing? Your business needs both. Lexington Herald Leader
Your business can benefit from marketing and public relations. Do you know the difference?
- What's The Difference Between Compliance And Ethics? Forbes
Learn which is more important--ethics or compliance--and what this means for your career as a leader.
- Maitland's youth parliamentarian on a mission to give a voice to local young people The Maitland Mercury
Maitland's youth parliamentarian on a mission to give a voice to local young people.
- Small Businesses Taking Giant Leaps To Make A Big Difference Forbes
“Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope, and crossing each ...