The Difference provides access to therapy as an Alexa Skill. Though reports of mental health issues are on the rise, access to quality counseling remains a huge hurdle. By merging psychology with technology, The Difference has created an affordable and anonymous way to get support on your own time, and in your own space.
Founder and licensed therapist, Bea Arthur, has been called “innovative and inspiring” by the American Counseling Association. She’s leading the modern mental health movement as one of the first to move therapy online with streaming video, and now she’s innovating once again utilizing voice technology. Bea is a regular contributor to Forbes and Fox & Friends, and has been featured in Elle, Fast Company, Huffington Post, NPR, CNN, and MTV. She was named part of the New Guard of women in tech by Marie Claire magazine as well as an Entrepreneur To Bet On by Newsweek Magazine. A Columbia University alum and TEDx speaker, she was also the first African American woman to be accepted into the prestigious Y Combinator startup accelerator program.
- Can Fashion's Latest Sustainability Drive Make a Difference? The Business of Fashion
Hello BoF Professionals, your exclusive 'This Week in Fashion' briefing is ready, with members-only analysis on the key topic of the week and a digest of the ...
- Ask SCORE: Know the difference when developing a sales and marketing strategy Richmond.com
QUESTION: I am in the process of developing a business plan. What is the difference between marketing and sales?
- People make the difference for long-lived local companies The Daily Progress
Doing the right thing for customers and employees pays off in longevity.
- Eyeing Texas Housing Market, JV Joins NY Mega-Brokerage With Houston Niche Firm Forbes
To enter the Texas housing market, a century-old residential brokerage based in Manhattan with national reach and resources has teamed up with a like-minded ...
- Debt vs. Equity Financing for Small Businesses: What's the Difference? Yahoo Finance
Debt and equity financing are two ways to secure funding when starting or growing a business. Debt financing is a loan, while equity financing comes from ...
- What's the difference between business winners and losers? Macquarie University
In an age where Western markets are nervous about a rising China, long-established firms are being leap-frogged by recent market entrants and many workers ...
- Oregon Gov. Kate Brown Reaps $120000 Political Fundraising Haul From Business Donors OPB News
Oregon Gov. Kate Brown, who continues to raise money for her campaign fund even though she can't run for reelection, is now tapping donors from the business ...
- School business manager: 'Resignation doesn't come with anything' The Ridgefield Press
“Superintendents are becoming like a Bermuda Triangle,” finance board member Dick Moccia said. Dawn Norton, the school system's business manager, was at ...
- Here's what you can do to help the burning, ravaged Amazon rainforest Business Insider
The Amazon rainforest is experiencing a record-breaking number of fires — they can be seen from space. Here's what you can do to help.
- GNC or Vitamin Shoppe: Which is better store for health, protein Business Insider
We visited both health and supplement stores were surprised to find that GNC offered a better experience overall.
- Is SD-WAN the key to business transformation? The Three Business Blog
We are in a changing business landscape. Irish businesses are migrating their applications to the cloud at a steady pace. By 2020 83% of enterprise workloads ...
- Blockchain Wallet integrates BitPay for easy Bitcoin payments Decrypt
Blockchain, a Bitcoin wallet and block explorer provider with 41 million users, announced today that it is has integrated with BitPay. And that means Blockchain ...
- The Gap Between Large and Small Companies Is Growing. Why? Harvard Business Review
Research and news headlines are replete with the idea that traditional large companies can't innovate, and that smaller digital companies will render many ...
- Transitioning Business Model Creates Buying Opportunity Forbes
Signage is displayed in front of the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) during the initial public offering (IPO) of Valvoline Inc. in New York, U.S., on Friday, Sept.
- Govts sops for auto sector: Hero reiterates demand of cutting GST Business Standard
While applauding Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman's sops for the auto sector, India's largest two-wheeler maker Hero reiterated its demand of a goods and ...
- The Trump vs. Obama economy — in 15 charts The Washington Post
As experts debate whether the U.S. is headed for a recession in 2020, another key question is: Is the Trump economy any better than Obama's?
- Meet Khalia Ismain: An Entrepreneur Building Community Through Discount Cards Forbes
Story about an entrepreneurs journey to unite the Afro-Carribean business community through a discount card.
- Capitalism’s enduring value Inland Valley Daily Bulletin
Light bulbs and iPhones were invented for profit, not public *service*, but they've undoubtedly done more to help “humanity,” “society,” “community” or however ...
- Bridges Cover: Fashion designer Jeanny Buan makes a difference at home and overseas Saskatoon StarPhoenix
Jeanny Buan's first taste of running a business came early.Growing up in Baguio, a city of about 550000 people in Northern Luzon, Philippines, Buan's family ...
- Bringing the magical back into business The Irish Times
Too much reason in the workplace can stifle creativity, an advertising guru says.
- Malcolm Gladwell's famous 10,000 hour rule for mastering a skill isn't holding up in new research Business Insider
The 10,000-hour rule popularized by Malcolm Gladwell roughly says if you practice one skill for 10,000 hours, you'll have a good chance at becoming an expert ...
- Business Live: Pound ticks lower BBC News
Sterling is trading down against the pound and the euro amid fears of a no-deal Brexit.
- What's the Difference Between Antivirus and Endpoint Security? Solutions Review
What's the difference between antivirus and endpoint security? Why should your enterprise case? How should it affect your enterprise cybersecurity solution ...
- Insurers are posting big profits from Obamacare, and now some are even lowering their rates for next year Business Insider
Insurers raised premium prices amidst political chaos, but some now anticipate sending money back to customers.
- The dumbing down of ‘wrongful’ conduct The Boston Globe
City councilors in a tizzy over Boston Calling verdict, confusing advocacy with the kind of corruption that puts businesses in fear.
- The CEOs of Apple, Amazon, Walmart, and Target Just Made a Huge Announcement. It Hinges on 2 Very Important Words Inc.
They sound alike, and even have the same number of letters, but these words mean vastly different things.
- One year after MGM, some business see more customers, others ask why empty storefronts remain MassLive.com
One restaurant blocks from the casino sees bumps when MGM has a show at the MassMutual Center, but not much impact otherwise.
- Beyond Meat surges after JPMorgan gives it an elusive buy rating (BYND) | Markets INSIDER
JPMorgan upgraded Beyond Meat to 'overweight' from 'neutral,' making it the first firm in months to give the shares a positive rating. Beyond Meat s...
- The difference between zero-day vulnerability and zero-day exploit TechTarget
Software flaws, if not fixed in a timely manner, can be devastating to an enterprise. Read on to learn about two zero-day terms -- zero-day vulnerability and ...
- Major book publishers sue Amazon’s Audible over new speech-to-text feature The Verge
Some of the world's largest book publishers have jointly filed a lawsuit against Amazon-owned audiobook company Audible today over a new, controversial ...
- This Fruit Company Sells Out Each Summer in 12 Crazy Weeks. Inside the Logistical Madness of The Peach Truck Inc.
The Peach Truck earned $7 million last year by winning a mad race to get Georgia peaches to consumers before they rot.
- What's the Difference Between an FSA and an HSA? The Missoulian
Both accounts let you save money on healthcare expenses, but they don't work the same way.
- Energy Star: Set thermostats to this temperature to save money Fox Business
A government recommendation on how to adjust residential thermostats to save money is sparking a heated debate -- and a sharply worded clarification by the ...
- What if the US gets zero-percent interest rates Fox Business
Negative interest rates have become a trend across Europe, but what would happen if the Federal Reserve decided to go to zero-percent interest rates in the ...
- Trader Joe's brand versus name brand products: Which is better? Business Insider
We taste-tested eight similar products from Trader Joe's against name-brands, and the store brand was better almost every single time.
- The Difference That Makes A Difference Forbes
You, no doubt, have heard that in order for your business to stand out, you need to differentiate yourself. But what if in doing so, you were incredibly intentional ...
- Google Chrome’s new anti-fingerprinting controls will still allow advertisers to track you Vox.com
Under mounting pressure from the public, Google, like Facebook, says it now wants to give users more control over their data that it shares with advertisers.
- Madison's Avenue in San Angelo offers double the experience with boutique, antique items Standard-Times
SAN ANGELO — This local store has the best of both worlds from boutique to antique. Madison's Avenue recently open in San Angelo on June 4, 2019 at 111 ...
- 'Refocusing Tourism' Thegardenisland.com
LIHUE — Visitors average about 28,000 a day on Kauai, according to statistics from the state Department of Business, Economic Development and Tourism.
- Difference Amplifiers Market 2019 Services, Demand, Size, Growth Trends, Business Opportunities, Industry Analysis, Top Players & Forecast to 2024 The Market Plan
The global Difference Amplifiers market was valued at $XX million in 2019, and our analysts predict the global market size will reach $XX million by the end of ...
- Oracle's Ellison leans on banks to save daughter's Oscar-winning film company Fox Business
Larry Ellison bails out daughter Megan and Annapurna Pictures.
- What is the difference between an international business degree and a traditional business degree? London School of Business and Finance
An international business degree tends to focus on providing students with a cross-cultural perspective, which is essential for those who aspire to work in ...
- US vs China: Biggest trade war ever? Financial historians say not yet Fox Business
The trade far between the U.S. and China has been furious, but it is not the worst U.S. trade war ever -- at least not yet.
- Latest Research on Difference Amplifiers Market 2019: Comprehensive study by Key Players Analog Devices, Linear Technology, Texas Instruments, Maxim Integrated, Mixer Amplifiers Finance Express
Difference Amplifiers Market Analysis 2019-2024. Market Research Vision has published an analytical study titled as global Difference Amplifiers Market 2019.
- The net worth it takes at every age to be richer than most people you know Business Insider
The typical American household has a net worth of about $97300. Here's the net worth it takes to be part of the top 20% of Americans at every age.
- No, Bribes Outlined in College Admission Scandal Aren't The Same As Donating to University: Lawyers Newsweek
Some of those implicated in the college admission scandal drew similarities between the payments they're accused of making and those who donate to schools.
- Far from the headaches of governing, Gov. Ned Lamont has a hideaway on the island of North Haven off the coast Hartford Courant
Ever since he was a child, Gov. Ned Lamont has been traveling each summer North Haven, an island off the coast of Maine.
- The curse of perseverance: How to tell a rough patch from business collapse SmartCompany.com.au
One of the qualities of entrepreneurs is their undying optimism in the face of disaster. Perseverance is what sets entrepreneurs apart from the rest of us. As Anita ...
- Companies Know California Privacy Law Goes Into Effect by Jan. 1, but Little Else Morning Consult
Starting Jan. 1, California residents will be able to opt-out of the sale of their personal information and also request to see the data collected about them from ...
- Your O'ahu Neighborhood Guide: Kaimukī's Kapahulu Avenue in Honolulu HONOLULU Magazine
Field Guide tells the stories of people and businesses along Honolulu's streets. This month: little shops, lots of foot traffic, local food and friendly landlords keep ...
- Tokyo Olympics 2020 tickets: Here’s where you can get a highly coveted spot Fox Business
The 2020 Tokyo Olympics are getting expensive. Continue Reading Below. For some of the best offerings, Olympic organizers are offering packages to Japan ...
- Timothy Means, Whose Ecotourism Made a Difference, Dies at 75 The New York Times
Timothy Means, a conservationist who was on the leading edge of ecotourism in the Gulf of California and helped win permanent protection for hundreds of ...
- 5 Things Wealthy People Invest Their Money Into Forbes
Rich people know that growing wealth is about more than throwing money into the stock market, becoming an entrepreneur, or taking big risks to fund a ...
- Customers can save more than 50 per cent by shopping around, data shows Stuff.co.nz
Some retailers are selling homewares at less than half the price of others, survey shows.
- A trade deal with Trump will change Britain for the worse The Guardian
The EU has opposed brutal animal welfare and rampant tech monopolies. Post-Brexit Britain will be exposed to both.
- Trump Takes A Page From Obama’s Book Forbes
President Trump's holds out the prospect of payroll tax cuts, no doubt to help the economy should it falter going into the 2020 election year. His model is ...
- I moved from a town of 8000 people to New York City — here are 9 things I do and don't miss about small-town life INSIDER
I was surprised by how much I missed little things like being able to drive to the grocery store or my mother's homecooked meals.
- Putin highlights risks of domestic coal industry dependence on export markets TASS
MOSCOW, August 22. /TASS/. Higher dependence of the national coal industry on exports gives rise to certain risks, President Vladimir Putin said on Thursday ...
- The upside-down economy: Some banks want the rich to pay to deposit money The Washington Post
The shift toward negative interest rates in some parts of Europe comes as central banks step up efforts to spark stagnant economies.
- Social media influencers: Kids make big money on Instagram & YouTube, with few rules – Clements twins, McClure twins, Taytum and Oakley – CBSN Originals CBS News
Watch the new CBSN Originals documentary, "Kid Influencers: Few Rules, Big Money," in the video player above. The full hour special premieres on CBSN ...
- 3 meal delivery services that are family-friendly and save time Business Insider
Freshly, Hello *Fresh*, and Sun Basket are three meal delivery *service* options with family-friendly meals that taste great and are easy to prepare.
- Sweep Account: Which Investment Brokerage Pays The Best Yield Investor's Business Daily
Want to boost your investment profit? Start by making sure you're getting the best yield available on any money you keep in a brokerage sweep account.
- Tesla Has Failed Massively As A Public Company Forbes
Musk's greatest skill is in raising capital, but in the past five years that new capital—in excess of $20 billion—has led to greater losses and a much, much more ...
- The brazen message on slippers provides clue to understand Jeffrey Epstein Fox Business
In 2015, several years after his release from prison, Jeffrey Epstein showed up to a small lunch party at a Palm Beach mansion a few doors down from his own ...
- The next global recession will be immune to monetary solutions The Guardian
There are three negative supply shocks that could trigger a global recession by 2020. All of them reflect political factors affecting international relations, two ...
- Ottawa County farmer tries to ride out dismal 2019 Fremont News Messenger
Genoa farmer Chad Gargas is struggling to deal one of worst planting seasons in recent history in Ottawa County.
- The best wine accessories in 2019 Business Insider
Wine accessories can enhance the enjoyment of wine drinking. They are also great for entertaining and make great gifts for wine aficionados.
- How the future of the TV business in Australia is not about TV alone Sydney Morning Herald
James Warburton's return to Seven was not the biggest surprise from media reporting season.
- No signs of retreat by Games Workshop - Analysis & Commentary Interactive Investor
Its return on capital is "spectacular", ensuring this stock keeps its place on the investment frontline. Let us start this year's profile of Games Workshop (LSE:GAW) ...
- Deposit return scheme can make a difference – Jill Farrell The Scotsman
People want glass to be included in Scotland's deposit return scheme – the climate emergency demands it, writes Jill Farrell.
- A mini version of the classic Sega Genesis is almost here, but we got it a month early — take a look Business Insider
The Sega Genesis is making its triumphant return in September, and even at 30 years old, it's still looking good.
- Billionaire David Koch, who reshaped American politics with his brother, dies at age 79 gulflive.com
Billionaire industrialist David H. Koch, who with his older brother, Charles, transformed American politics by pouring their riches into conservative causes, has ...
- 'LaPolitics:' Yet another speaker candidate surfaces Greater Baton Rouge Business Report
The latest name to surface in the developing race for speaker of the state House belongs to Rep. Stephen Dwight, R-Lake Charles, a second-termer-to-be who ...
- Remarks by Vice President Pence on the United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement | South Jordan, UT Whitehouse.gov
Merit Medical Systems South Jordan, UT. 11:09 P.M. MDT. THE VICE PRESIDENT: Well, hello, Utah! (Applause.) To Governor Gary Herbert, Secretary Wilbur ...
- We figured out when millionaires will be considered middle class in the United States Business Insider
Using recent wealth trends, we estimated when the typical American middle-class family could be worth $1 million. 2063, here we come.
- Troubled construction sector one of the most profitable Stuff.co.nz
After a disastrous renovation, Stephanie Davidson never recouped all her financial losses.
- Worth the Splurge | Food Santa Fe Reporter
Olive oil is something pretty much everyone has in their kitchen. I go through a good bit myself, but I'm often stymied by the stuff—in particular, why my ...
- Cape Regional Health System Announces Difference Maker Award Recipients for August Cape May County Herald
Cape Regional Health System has announced August's Difference Maker Award recipients. These outstanding team members received the award for providing ...
- In defense of the overbuilt cooler: Why Yeti, Rtic, Vibe, and the like, are worth it Business Insider
Does everyone need a Yeti? Here's why (and why not) you should buy an "overbuilt" cooler.
- Is an employee share purchase plan worth the investment? The Irish Times
Q&A: Dominic Coyle answers your personal finance questions.
- Opinion | Almost Famous: The King of Fish and Chips The New York Times
In the late 1960s, Haddon Salt built a fast-food empire. Then Kentucky Fried Chicken came knocking.
- Upside-down economy: The banks charging the rich to deposit their money Sydney Morning Herald
The typical banking relationship looks something like this: Banks pay interest to depositors. Then they use that cash to issue loans and charge borrowers a fee, ...
- A return to the gold standard will not win Trump's trade war The Guardian
The president's nominee for the Fed believes pegged exchange rates will fix the US trade deficit. Not so.
- Three years into nonprofit ownership, The Philadelphia Inquirer is still trying to chart its future Nieman Journalism Lab at Harvard
Buyouts, rebranding, good journalism, and a vision still in progress: The Philadelphia Inquirer has had quite a summer. The metro newspaper business is still ...
- Bank Stocks Are Slowing. Why JPMorgan Chase, American Express, and Discover Look Good. Barron's
Betsy Graseck, head of bank research at Morgan Stanley, weighs in on the Federal Reserve's rate cut, sluggish bank stocks, and the outlook for the sector.
- ASIC looks to ban binary options, restrict CFDs for retail investors Sydney Morning Herald
The corporate regulator is preparing to use new intervention powers for the first time to block or restrict the sale of two exotic financial products that have burned ...
- From the lottery to Nobel prize: meet workers who make life-changing phone calls The Guardian
What's it like to make uplifting calls that change lives? Ammar Kalia spoke to the people whose job is to spread joy.
- Financial success and mountaineering | Financial advice Bellevue Reporter
The steps to achieving financial success mirror mountain climbing.
- Hunt Consolidated's CIO And CDO Diane Schwarz Finds The Pathway To Digital Innovation Forbes
Prior to joining Hunt Consolidated as CIO & CDO, Diane Schwarz, she spent time learning about the unique culture of this private, family-owned energy ...
- Ferial Haffajee: For the IMF, SA is not a basket-case, but a serial under-performer Fin24
Everybody thinks SA will soon need a bailout from the IMF – except the IMF and Futuregrowth.
- Orioles slugger Trey Mancini talks Players' Weekend, Mancini family peppers and Notre Dame football Sporting News
In his third full season in the majors, Orioles slugger Trey Mancini has already set a career high for home runs - he has 29, after hitting 24 each of his first two ...
- Most teachers pay almost $500 to set up their classroom. This viral campaign aims to change that. NBCNews.com
A viral campaign is using social media to help teachers around the country stock their classrooms with supplies for the start of the school year, instead of having ...
- #Access to Work: A supportive employer and a flexible workplace makes all the difference FE News
If you are managing an acute illness, have a disability or an impairment, a supportive employer and a flexible workplace can make all the difference to your ...
- Hong Kong protests: A point of no return Livemint
With both sides unwilling to compromise, everyone loses in this bruising battle between the protesters and Beijing.More than two-thirds of the capital raised on ...
- Analysis | How the U.S.-China Trade War Got to This Point Washington Post
The trade war roiling the global economy is being fought not trench by trench but product by product. A typical salvo was a tariff placed by the U.S. in 2018 on ...
- What a difference 10 years makes: Hastings and Napier property prices soar by 80% New Zealand Herald
Hastings and Napier in the top 20 growth areas in NZ for the decade.
- Explainer: The high-emissions ‘RCP8.5’ global warming scenario Carbon Brief
A sizable portion of recent studies on future climate impacts have focused on a future warming scenario called “RCP8.5”. This high-emissions scenario is ...
- What's The Difference Between DRP And BCP? Demotix.com
And in order to fully understand the difference between DRP and BCP, I'll add the hierarchy of planning for disasters:Business Impact Analysis > Business Co.
- UNACCOUNTABLE! The United States Postal Service is a Rogue Company Delivering Road Violence Streetsblog New York
Better walking, biking, and transit for the five boroughs.
- ICMSA say difference between top and bottom 2019 milk prices already over €8000 “so far” Tipperary Times
Following the latest announcements of July milk prices, ICMSA's Dairy Committee Chairperson, Ger Quain, has stated that he believes that there is now a ...