The Difference provides access to therapy as an Alexa Skill. Though reports of mental health issues are on the rise, access to quality counseling remains a huge hurdle. By merging psychology with technology, The Difference has created an affordable and anonymous way to get support on your own time, and in your own space.
Founder and licensed therapist, Bea Arthur, has been called “innovative and inspiring” by the American Counseling Association. She’s leading the modern mental health movement as one of the first to move therapy online with streaming video, and now she’s innovating once again utilizing voice technology. Bea is a regular contributor to Forbes and Fox & Friends, and has been featured in Elle, Fast Company, Huffington Post, NPR, CNN, and MTV. She was named part of the New Guard of women in tech by Marie Claire magazine as well as an Entrepreneur To Bet On by Newsweek Magazine. A Columbia University alum and TEDx speaker, she was also the first African American woman to be accepted into the prestigious Y Combinator startup accelerator program.
- Is that side hustle a business or a hobby? Know the difference to avoid issues with the IRS. The Washington Post
You may be planning to start a business after you retire from your 9-to-5 job, but it's important to know whether your venture is a true profit-making operation or ...
- There is one key difference in how 'Jeopardy!' champions James Holzhauer and Ken Jennings dominated the game INSIDER
Ken Jennings is one of the greatest champions in the history of "Jeopardy!" but James Holzhauer plays with a different type of aggressiveness.
- What are the Differences Between a Master's in Management and an MBA? | Top Business Schools U.S. News & World Report
Full-time master's in management programs usually last only a year, whereas full-time MBA programs typically take two years to finish.
- Don’t let business groups rewrite California’s landmark privacy law Los Angeles Times
Business interests are trying to pare back California's landmark privacy law, but legislators need to stand firm and protect it.
- Barracks to business: Hiring veterans has never been easier Task & Purpose
As a graduate of the U.S. Military Academy at West Point and a newly minted second lieutenant, I felt well-prepared to tackle the challenges facing a junior field ...
- The Difference Between Big Data and Machine Learning Business 2 Community
Big data and machine learning have become buzzwords we hear thrown around a lot, without necessarily understanding the nuances of each concept.
- This Hilarious Customer Story Shows the 1 Brutal Difference Between Apple and Google Inc.
Some tech companies will never get what they need to get.
- What Is The Difference Between An Inc., Ltd., Co., and LLC? Mental Floss
Raad Ahmed: When forming a business, you definitely want to make sure that you are forming it properly. The primary difference between the terms Inc., Ltd., Co.
- The Difference Between Being Famous and Having Influence Entrepreneur
Dan Fleyshman shares his thoughts on the role of *content* marketing for today's business leaders and the main difference between simply being famous and ...
- How This Entrepreneur Sold His Billion Dollar Business 3 Times Forbes
Frank Poore has sold his startup not once, but three times over. He's learned a lot about sales skills, raising money and the benefits of thinking differently in the ...
- Mogo (MOGO) Announces Business Combination with Difference Capital Financial StreetInsider.com
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here. Mogo Finance Technology Inc. (NASDAQ: ...
- How to Know If You're Business Is Scalable Inc.
Being an entrepreneur is about building more freedom, not a longer To Do list.
- Cheniere: The Difference Between CQP And LNG - Takeover Candidates? Seeking Alpha
Cheniere is a leader in the LNG business. LNG - a hot stock since early 2016. A bullish pattern since 2008 in CQP. Dividend seekers love CQP. Both stocks ...
- Pharmacies turn to cannabis products to stay in business as up to seven a week close Express
Pharmacies are selling cannabis products to stay in business after struggling to cope with NHS cuts, Express.co.uk can reveal.
- Should We Require Restrictive Endorsements on Remote Business Deposits? ABA Banking Journal
Q I have a question about the remote deposit capture provisions of the newly revised Regulation CC. Under revised §229.34(f), a depositary bank that receives a ...
- For Coachella season, Indio merchants stock up on sunscreen, booze and Juuls Los Angeles Times
The annual Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival, and its country music spin-off, Stagecoach, typically bring a windfall of business for area merchants who ...
- Analysis | Money to Launder? Here's How (Hint: Find a Bank) Washington Post
You're a criminal with millions of dollars in ill-gotten gains but one big problem: Transferring slugs of money or carrying suitcases of cash will raise eyebrows.
- Durham businesses near gas explosion want their customers back WTVD-TV
Parking has always been an issue near Brightleaf, and now the problem has been compounded, business owners in the area say.
- Burger King launches plant-based Whopper: 'Nobody can tell the difference' The Guardian
Fast-food giant trials vegan burger, developed with Impossible Foods, in 59 restaurants in St Louis.
- Countywide ban on styrofoam, single-use plastic will have effect on local businesses Riverhead News Review
Examples of recyclable plastic containers and paper straws that are in accordance with the county's new regulations. (Credit: Mahreen Khan) The push to.
- 4 Tax Strategies That Could Make a Divorce Settlement Easier The New York Times
Divorce negotiations are never easy, and they became more complicated this year, thanks to the tax overhaul. Here are four tips for taxpayers to consider.
- ABB Customer World, 2019 - What a Difference ARC Viewpoints
The bi-annual ABB Customer World event was held in Houston, Texas on March 4-8, 2019. In the two years since the prior customer event, the company has ...
- The difference between credit and debit cards | Business Antelope Valley Press
WASHINGTON — My daughter came rushing into my office last week in despair. She has a trip planned to Ireland in June. And the return flight she'd booked ...
- Grocery newcomer says market ripe for growth | 2019-04-19 Indianapolis Business Journal
Needler's *Fresh* Market, which entered the Indianapolis market in 2017 and just completed a multimillion-dollar renovation at its sole store in the city, says it's so ...
- UCP's pledge to kill off Energy Efficiency Alberta will threaten jobs, businesses warn Calgary Herald
Incoming premier Jason Kenney's pledge to kill Energy Efficiency Alberta could result in job losses, warn companies that have capitalized on growing consumer ...
- DO sweat the small stuff – understanding details makes all the difference BizNews
A belated apology for a mixup in the signature on Monday's Daily Insider. Hopefully you guessed that it was me (not Felicity) who made the trip to the football in ...
- Debt Financing vs. Equity Financing: What's the Difference? TheStreet.com
Two thirds of Americans want to start their own business. Some of us will use this passion to launch the next Apple (AAPL - Get Report) . Others will have a great ...
- How to get the most out of online reviews Tampa Bay Times
Should you trust customer reviews when deciding what to purchase? And do these mysterious reviewers have your best interests in mind? Here's what you need ...
- NN Inc. to leave Johnson City; effects on tax incentives unclear Johnson City Press (subscription)
After selling its local manufacturing plants and moving its headquarters, global NN Inc. announced Thursday it will totally leave Johnson City by the end of June, ...
- Senate bill proposes Oregon vineyard and winemaker task force NRToday.com
A senate bill that would create the Oregon Winery and Winemakers Task Force was referred to the Ways and Means Committee on Thursday.
- Fatal work injuries decline in states with medical marijuana laws Business Insider
The study's authors suggest that this could happen because young adults in those states use weed instead of more dangerous drugs.
- Here are the biggest differences between Uber and Lyft, the two biggest ride-hailing apps INSIDER
Before you take your next ride, check out the key differences between Uber and Lyft to make the most informed decision.
- The major difference between Rajiv Gandhi and Rahul is their era: Sam Pitroda The Hindu BusinessLine
Satyan Gangaram Pitroda — better known as Sam Pitroda — has often been referred to as India's PCO man. He is the one, after all, who gave shape to former ...
- 5 Reasons Why Kindness Has Become the Key to My Happiness, Both in Business and in Life Entrepreneur
According to a Cigna study, 46 percent of surveyed Americans suffer from feeling alone. In the work world, despite all the focus on employee engagement, many ...
- Hartman receives JRMC Legend Award Jamestown Sun
Jamestown Regional Medical Center recently announced Elayne Hartman is its most recent Legend Award recipient. The Legend Award is the most prestigious ...
- Business Spotlight: Colorado Mobile Drug Testing brings impactful action, education Fort Morgan Times
Teachers, day-care providers, those needing state-required passports or anyone who has to be fingerprinted on an annual basis are just a few of the people ...
- The Difference Between Mentors and Advisors and How to Find the Right One - Mike Gomez, Business Growth Specialist Atlanta Small Business Network
Mike Gomez is the founder and president of Allegro Consulting, as well as a complex sales and growth strategies advisor to the Atlanta Tech Village.
- Q&A: Heritage Texas Properties CEO talks building up in a sprawling city Houston Chronicle
Robin Mueck has long seen the potential for residential real estate in downtown Houston. The native Houstonian likes to say her company, Heritage Texas ...
- ‘Medicare for All’ Is Hammering Health Care Stocks. For Now. The New York Times
The popularity of proposals for a government-run, single-payer system among Democratic presidential candidates has hurt health care stocks, despite their ...
- Hotel business explained: What is the difference between a franchise and management agreement? TOPHOTELNEWS
Christine Ravanat from AccorHotels explains how major hotel groups expand their network footprint through franchise or management agreements, a win-win ...
- PepsiCo shares hit record high after earnings beat CNBC
PepsiCo first-quarter earnings top Wall Street's expectations on earnings and revenue, thanks to continued growth internationally and by its Frito-Lay snack ...
- The Difference Between Hemp Oil and Hemp Seed Oil, Explained WWD
Want to make a CBD beauty product? Here's what to know about different available ingredients.
- 24-year-old Spurs player who was playing DII basketball 3 years ago is now dominating the playoffs Business Insider
Derrick White, the latest hidden gem for the Spurs, is playing the best basketball of his young career to help San Antonio take a 2-1 series lead over the Nuggets.
- Gender pay gap: What is the pay gap where I work? BBC News
With the deadline for British companies to disclose their gender pay gaps just days away, thousands of firms have yet to submit their figures. Three-quarters of ...
- I bought the same groceries at Wegmans, Whole Foods, and ShopRite, and one was clearly the most expensive Business Insider
Between Whole Foods, ShopRite, and Wegmans, it can be hard to judge which store offers the best bang for your buck.
- Brentwood's Low-Density Zoning Law Has Made All the Difference Williamson Source
One of the most important laws adopted by Brentwood's early leadership is the one-acre density ruling. Ratified in 1972 by the town council, this law states that ...
- These eight community leaders are helping make a difference in the Milwaukee suburbs Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
Here are eight community leaders who make southeast Wisconsin a better place to live.
- CDP vs. DMP: Which is Right for Your Business? CMSWire
DMPs and CDPs allow companies to create a detailed view of their customers so they can engage them with the right message at the right time.
- Hemp trailblazer: R.I. farm looks to capitalize on CBD boom SouthCoastToday.com
NORTH KINGSTOWN, Rhode Island — Dawson Hodgson turns his back to the spring wind tearing across one of his turf fields — 45 level acres, now greening ...
- 5 Myths About Strategy HBR.org Daily
There are lies, there are big lies, and then there are myths. And myths are the worst of the three. Unless you have sealed yourself off in a social media echo ...
- How Coworking Spaces Affect Employees' Professional Identities HBR.org Daily
Since the first coworking space appeared in 2005, over 14,000 have opened around the world. While the earlier generation sought to provide independent ...
- The difference between avoiding and evading taxes TheChronicleHerald.ca
Tax season is upon us, and many Canadians are flocking to their tax advisers hoping for magical tips that will help them save some of their hard-earned money.
- US workers are failing drug tests at an incredible rate — but legal weed has the future of these screenings in doubt Business Insider
A trend against marijuana screening is growing, but experts say workplace drug testing just needs to evolve with the times.
- Stapley: MID plays favorites with its electricity rates. So who’s paying the price? Modesto Bee
Public utilities have a decent way of proving that the price they charge for electricity is fair. It's called a Cost of *Service* study. A Cost of *Service* study dials into ...
- Swine fever has wreaked havoc with China's pork production, and the world is feeling it CNN
African swine fever is plaguing China's pork production. The disease is killing multitudes of animals, hitting the global pork supply chain, and driving up prices.
- Insurance relief restores 8 positions to Sitka school budget KCAW
Posted by Robert Woolsey, KCAW | Apr 19, 2019. USI's Paula Scott, the insurance broker for the district, said Premera's premium break was a “business ...
- What to Know About the Fight Between Hollywood’s Writers and Agents The New York Times
Talks broke down on Friday, upending a way of doing business that had been in place for decades. A guide to how the dispute came about and what lies ahead.
- Your old life insurance policy could be more useful than you think Stuff.co.nz
OPINION: A couple of decades ago, or even earlier, taking out a whole-of-life insurance policy was seen to be a great way to provide protection for a partner and ...
- Ames Seed Capital: A look back Ames Tribune
In the early 1980s, Iowa farmers faced an economic crisis, causing the decline of rural communities throughout the Midwest. In response, a group of Ames ...
- Venmo vs. PayPal: What's the Difference in 2019? TheStreet.com
Although PayPal may own Venmo in 2019, the two payment services have plenty of differences. But, which *service* might be better for you? TheStreet breaks it ...
- How to Survive a Recession and Thrive Afterward Harvard Business Review
In early 2000, a five-year-old online bookseller called Amazon.com sold $672 million in convertible bonds to shore up its financial position. One month later, the ...
- Military and Corporate Business Leadership Models – Embracing The Difference Proshare Nigeria Limited
Being the text of a paper delivered at the Nigerian Institute of Management Executive Training for Membership Admission Programme for National Defence ...
- Heard on the Street: Family is rolling 'flavorful snow' onto the Med City's streets PostBulletin.com
A taste for nostalgia led a Rochester chiropractor and his sons to line up a new type of mobile food trailer to cool off the Med City this summer.
- Wisconsin Governor Rethinks State\'s $3 Billion Foxconn Contract Governing
By Mark Sommerhauser. Gov. Tony Evers said Wednesday that electronics maker Foxconn Technology Group is unlikely to employ 13,000 workers in Wisconsin ...
- Analysis | How the U.S.-China Trade War Reached a Turning Point Washington Post
Since December, a truce has kept the trade war between the world's two biggest economies from escalating. Under the agreement between U.S. President ...
- Stocks Fall as Bond Market Flashes a Recession Warning The New York Times
When long-term interest rates fall below short-term rates, it's called a yield curve inversion. It's one of Wall Street's favored predictors of a recession, and it ...
- Blue Angels gear up for new era in F/A-18 Super Hornet Kansas City Star
As the 2019 Blue Angels delight fans at air shows nationwide this year, two former Blue Angels have been busy laying the groundwork for one of the biggest ...
- Opinion | Uber’s IPO filing affirms a dangerous business model Livemint
The game seems to be to wipe out rivals with cheap fares and then raise prices in a mad rush for profitability.
- There's a $1,000 price difference for a room in the 'world's most luxurious hotel' and its 5-star sister hotel next door. I stayed in both to see how they compare — and the winner was clear Business Insider
One of the most decorated luxury hotels in the world, the Burj Al Arab in Dubai, was recently named the "best hotel in the world" by the Ultratravel Awards.
- America’s Best Midsize Employers 2019 Forbes
When the job market favors employees as it has for the past year, what's an employer to do? To start, consider the wants and needs of today's workers. Through ...
- Burger King launches vegan Whopper: 'Nobody can tell the difference' www.businessgreen.com
Burger King is trialling a meat-free version of its famous Whopper, rolling out the new "Impossible Whopper" at 59 restaurants in St Louis. The meatless burger ...
- Boeing Was ‘Go, Go, Go’ to Beat Airbus With the 737 Max The New York Times
Boeing faced an unthinkable defection in the spring of 2011. American Airlines, an exclusive Boeing customer for more than a decade, was ready to place an ...
- Easter time a headache for Church and business globally SowetanLIVE Sunday World
As millions of Christians prepare to celebrate Easter, many Christian groups in other parts of the world will be celebrating on different dates. /Getty Images ...
- Effective Data Discovery Can Be A Difference Maker For A Company's Long-Term Success Forbes
Data that you may not even take into consideration can end up giving your company great insight after using proper analytics and data discovery techniques to ...
- How Lyft’s Ride-Sharing Business Works (And Doesn’t) The Atlantic
Thanks to its IPO, Lyft—which lost $978 million in 2018—is now worth a very large sum of money. Here's why.
- WSU Vancouver expands Research Showcase Vancouver Business Journal
Katie Babb came to Washington State University Vancouver's Research Showcase armed with a poster presentation on sewing and dresses in the 1800s. As a.
- The NBA world is increasingly leaning in one direction in the tight MVP race between Giannis Antetokounmpo and James Harden Business Insider
Giannis Antetokounmpo has had the more well-rounded season on the better team, and from the looks of it, it will win him MVP over James Harden.
- Prudential Bancorp, Inc. Announces Second Quarter Fiscal 2019 Results Associated Press
Press release *content* from Globe Newswire. The AP news staff was not involved in its creation.
- 32 severed pig heads came partially back to life after scientists gave them artificial blood, raising questions about how we define death Business Insider
Scientists at Yale hooked the pig brains up to a system called BrainEx, which could perhaps one day support a kind of "neuroresuscitation."
- Why Is Amazon Retreating From Downtown Centers? CityLab
Amazon has long fancied itself an urban enterprise. Is its pivot to smaller communities a way to avoid messy politics?
- 'Malicious': Shorten and business groups defy Coalition's assault on climate policy The Guardian
Business groups are defying the Morrison government's political assault on the use of international permits, arguing a credible climate policy should include ...
- Pant could have been the difference at the World Cup: Ponting The Hindu
It was the eve of the first game for Delhi Capitals since the Indian team for the World Cup was named and coach Ricky Ponting had a few things to say about ...
- The Smart Gun Doesn't Exist Because of New Jersey and the NRA Bloomberg
Firearms makers have resisted Silicon Valley-sponsored digital innovation that could transform public safety.
- As Netflix Contends With More Rivals, Hulu Stands Out The New York Times
With 148 million subscribers and a value of $157 billion, Netflix is the leader in streaming. But Hulu, now controlled by Disney, has something Netflix doesn't: ads ...
- We compared the prices of Easter staples – and you can pay 44% too much for a chocolate bunny if you aren't careful Business Insider South Africa
We compared the prices of hot cross buns (which you'd expect to vary between retailers) and chocolate bunnies (which you would expect to be roughly the ...
- Womansplaining the Pay Gap The New York Times
I asked the gender editor of The Times to walk us through the details.
- The rise of 'presenteeism' in the workplace BBC News
How many times have you gone in to work when you're really not up to it? It's called presenteeism and it's on the rise. A study by health insurer Vitality has found ...
- Rakesh Jhunjhunwala reduces stake in Federal Bank; muted Q4 on cards? Moneycontrol.com
Rakesh Jhunjhunwala holds additional stake of 2.29 percent in his name, which has been kept constant on a sequential basis.
- New Rs 50 Currency Note Launched By RBI – Find Out The Difference Between Old Rs 50 Note Trak.in
The note of Rs. 50 has been changed and the new note has been launched on Tuesday by the RBI. there is a difference between the old one and new one.
- ADT Pulse vs. ADT Command and Control: What's the Difference? Security Sales & Integration
Last week, ADT announced it would be replacing its Pulse platform, launched back in 2010, with the new ADT Command and Control. The “Command” portion is ...
- Are Closed Accounts on Credit Report Bad? Credit.com News
Are closed account on your credit report bad? Yes. The editors at Credit.com break down why and how closing an account can affect 55% of your score.
- BlueAntz: Making a Difference in Advertising Siliconindia.com
Employing creativity to build brands and enhance their market ability.
- Free trading apps — investment freedom or false economy? Financial Times
There are plenty of considerations beyond the raw cost of a transaction.
- Mazda's Diesel Challenge Points To Future Autonomous Certification Difficulties Forbes
The example of Mazda's challenges with getting its diesel engine approved for sale in California, point to the difficulties the industry may face in the coming ...
- 5 Top Biotech Stocks to Buy in 2019 The Motley Fool
Biotech stocks have delivered sizzling overall returns over the last few years. New drugs have improved the lives of patients and made big profits for investors in ...
- Business, Sharpening skills serve community Bonners Ferry Herald
BONNERS FERRY — In Boundary County, one of the main industries is logging and mill work, with the addition of.
- GT3 Preview British GT
Entry list: Oulton Park. After seven long months of dark nights normal *service* resumes at Oulton Park this weekend when the British GT Championship awakes ...
- Spot the difference: Jaguar Land Rover wins legal battle over Chinese copycat car The Irish Times
Beijing court rules that five major features of the Range Rover Evoque were copied.
- Customers switch off when phone prices near $3000 Stuff.co.nz
Apple may have hit the price point we're not prepared to pay.
- Boring banking is exciting again in the US Financial Times
Boring banking is exciting again. The stars of the first-quarter earnings season at the big US banks were not high-powered dealmakers, brilliant bond traders or ...