The Difference provides access to therapy as an Alexa Skill. Though reports of mental health issues are on the rise, access to quality counseling remains a huge hurdle. By merging psychology with technology, The Difference has created an affordable and anonymous way to get support on your own time, and in your own space.
Founder and licensed therapist, Bea Arthur, has been called “innovative and inspiring” by the American Counseling Association. She’s leading the modern mental health movement as one of the first to move therapy online with streaming video, and now she’s innovating once again utilizing voice technology. Bea is a regular contributor to Forbes and Fox & Friends, and has been featured in Elle, Fast Company, Huffington Post, NPR, CNN, and MTV. She was named part of the New Guard of women in tech by Marie Claire magazine as well as an Entrepreneur To Bet On by Newsweek Magazine. A Columbia University alum and TEDx speaker, she was also the first African American woman to be accepted into the prestigious Y Combinator startup accelerator program.
Sign up for the Moguldom newsletter — business news you need to know about economic empowerment for the digital age, delivered to your inbox.
- How To Tell The Difference Between Biologics And Drugs Investor's Business Daily
Biotech companies and Big Pharma are facing off with biologics, small-molecule pharmaceuticals, generics and biosimilars.
- Live chat: Green washing vs ethical business. What's the difference? New Zealand Herald
The latest edition in our ongoing series, made possible by MYOB, looks at what it takes to build an ethical business. Share on Facebook Share on Pinterest ...
- Search for new billion-dollar campus sums up the difference between Apple and Amazon NBCNews.com
Amazon and Apple couldn't have taken two more drastically different approaches when choosing where to build a second campus and create thousands of jobs.
- Maine's first marijuana convenience store open for business WGME
PORTLAND (WGME) -- Maine's first medical marijuana convenience store is open for business in Portland, thanks to a new law that took effect Thursday. Atlantic ...
- Japan business sentiment flat as trade tensions weigh Khaleej Times
Analysts say result still heartening after economy contracted at a 2.5% annual rate in July-September.
- Marketing and communications: What’s the difference? Houston Business Journal
Understanding the difference between marketing and communications will help your business in creating a strong brand, boosting your bottom line and ...
- Climb aboard! OKC streetcars open for business NewsOK.com
NINE years after Oklahoma City voters approved a streetcar system as part of the 1-cent MAPS 3 sales tax, they're getting it beginning Friday. With a $136 ...
- Why Woman-Run Business Still Has An Important Meaning Forbes
As a female entrepreneur, it's nice to know that you aren't alone.
- How To Build Business Momentum and Escape the '6-Figure Hamster Wheel' Entrepreneur
As you grow your business, you gain more and more momentum. And business momentum is great -- except that it can also become the thing that ends you …
- Saudi Arabia has reportedly been propping up its stock market when things go bad Business Insider
The Saudi government buys stocks, often in the final minutes of trading, to counter declines in the market, the Wall Street Journal reported.
- What's the Difference Between Standard and Service Business Models? Electronic Design
Spotify, Netflix, and phone contracts. These are just three thriving examples of selling a *service*, rather than a product. Jonathan Wilkins, marketing director at ...
- Why women make businesses more profitable Big Think
Venture capitalists are almost all white men who graduated from Harvard. This leads to a serious case of groupthink. Venture capitalist firms that hired more ...
- Costco, Google and T-Mobile ranked as best large companies to work for this year USA TODAY
Starbucks, Aflac, Intuit, Salesforce and Blizzard also made the top 10 in Comparably's yearly rankings of companies with the best work environments.
- Your Ultimate Guide to Business Ghostwriting Inc.
Searching for the ideal writer to craft your unique business success story? Start here.
- The bumper business Christmas quiz 2018 | Business The Guardian
Do you know your bitcoin from your bolivars? Then test your 2018 business knowledge here with our annual quiz …
- What is the difference between a contractor and an employee? The CEO Magazine
Do you employ a team? Do you have employees and/or contractors? Do you know the difference? A number of businesses, to their detriment, do not understand ...
- Macquarie's Ben Schachter sees a slowdown in Apple's services business Business Insider
Macquarie analyst Ben Schachter sees a slowdown coming in Apple's services business, even as the company relies on it more.
- Intrust Bank Wichita Business Journal
Intrust Bank has enjoyed a solid year in 2018 on multiple fronts.
- Science meets agriculture in CBD development effort Buffalo Business First
A Dent Neurologic Institute exec is developing a line of CBD products in tandem with contract manufacturer Plant Sciences Laboratories LLC and Be Well NY ...
- Look Beyond The Bottom Line For Business Wins And Losses In 2019 ValueWalk
As we enter the final stretch of 2018, accountants, comptrollers and financial officers everywhere will start tallying up wins and losses.
- lost 156 residents a day in 2017, Bloomberg analysis of Census data shows Crain's Chicago Business
Here and in New York and L.A., the three metro areas with a triple-digit daily exodus, people are fleeing at a greater rate than just a few years ago.
- Draper Oakwood Technology Acquisition, Inc. Announces Execution of Backstop Agreements Business Wire
Draper Oakwood Technology Acquisition, Inc. Announces Execution of Backstop Agreements.
- Japan business confidence unchanged in December quarter: BOJ The Business Times
[TOKYO] Confidence among Japan's biggest manufacturers was unchanged this quarter after slipping for three consecutive surveys, central bank data showed ...
- Advancing Analytics: The Path Forward for Finance Leaders, Part Two Forbes
(This is the second part of a two-part blog series that starts here. In part two, we look at two other areas that are critical to advancing analytics in the finance ...
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery: Your Organization’s Safety Plan Business 2 Community
From natural disasters, errant employees, malware to even a rodent with an appetite for cables — the likelihood of an organization suffering a data disaster has ...
- Patagonia's new company mission is to save the planet Fast Company
In an exclusive interview, founder Yvon Chouinard talks about how the new mission will reshape how the company does business.
- Cisco Stock Downgraded; 'Will Fire On Fewer Cylinders' Investor's Business Daily
Cisco Systems faces a slowdown in spending on upgrades and will fire on fewer cylinders in 2019, says one analyst. Cisco stock fell on Friday amid another ...
- Purpose Is Built, Not Bought: 3 Ways Businesses Can Cultivate It Entrepreneur
Small businesses are lean. Rarely can they afford high-powered HR teams, pensions, flexible working arrangements or a crop of other big-business benefits, ...
- Verizon Takes $4.5 Billion Charge Related to Digital Media Business The Wall Street Journal
Verizon Communications is booking a $4.5 billion accounting charge related to its Oath media business, a sign its bet on high-profile internet properties and ...
- RLJ Lodging Trust Announces Dividends for Fourth Quarter of 2018 Business Wire
BETHESDA, Md.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--RLJ Lodging Trust (the “Company”) (NYSE: RLJ) today announced that its Board of Trustees has declared a regular ...
- Ten years on, the wonder of Woolworth is that its shops are still in business... Yorkshire Post
For nearly a century it had been as much a fixture of almost every high street as the post office and the bus stop. So the disappearance of its 807 branches ...
- Your small business needs its own financial plan Independent Online
All successful small business owners know that cash is king. Without proper cash flow management, your new small business could fail.
- 3 Portland attorneys talk #MeToo at the one-year mark - Portland Portland Business Journal
It's been a little over a year since the #MeToo movement — a sweeping campaign that aims to combat sexual assault, sexual harassment and discrimination ...
- NBA ratings are back to normal, and it's business as usual for the basketball boom Yahoo Sports
Despite news that the NBA on TNT and ESPN suffered year-over-year ratings declines through the first month, there is no season-long concern over dwindling ...
- Can the military make the difference? INQUIRER.net
Machiavelli has been identified with the dictum, “The ends justify the means.” This has been construed in its negative context which connotes that the use of ...
- All you need to know about gift tax this wedding season Times Now
Gifting a valuable asset during a wedding is quite common in India. However, it is crucial to know that these gifts attract a gift tax as per the Income Tax Act.
- How the iPhone XS compares to the iPhone X Business Insider
The iPhone XS isn't all that different from the iPhone X. Here's how the two phones compare.
- Govt will stick to fiscal target this year: Jaitley Business Standard
Read more about Govt will stick to fiscal target this year: Jaitley on Business Standard. The government will stick to the 3.3 per cent fiscal deficit target in the ...
- An entrepreneur who waited tables in college took away business lessons that made all the difference in his startup Business Insider
There's a lot in common between working at a restaurant and general contracting, said Setter cofounder David Steckel, who's worked in both industries.
- Alexis Ohanian: Healthcare inequality in the US is 'jarring' Business Insider
In an interview with the Financial Diet, Reddit cofounder Alexis Ohanian discussed the "staggering" differences in healthcare quality in the US.
- beIN SPORTS Refiles Carriage Complaint against Comcast Business Wire
beIN SPORTS refiled a carriage complaint with the Federal Communications Commission against Comcast. After many months of tireless work trying to nego.
- Tristan Walker on the Roman Empire and Selling a Start-Up to Procter & Gamble The New York Times
Tristan Walker founded Walker & Company, a maker of health and beauty products for people of color, in 2013. On Wednesday, the company was acquired by ...
- InVision, the design platform behind Netflix and Uber, raises $115 million Business Insider
Design platform InVision closed $115 million in funding on Tuesday. CEO Clark Valberg discusses why scaling InVision is like training for a triathlon.
- How City Ventures finds opportunities for Bay Area housing - San Francisco Business Times San Francisco Business Times
Top regional executive for City Ventures Patrick Hendry spoke to the Business Times about the company's approach to real estate.
- HomeServe USA Acquires Ohio Contractor | 2018-12-14 ACHR NEWS
HomeServe USA announced the acquisition of Geisel Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing Inc. Geisel, based in Elyria, Ohio, with offices in Oberlin and Medina ...
- Business-friendly AI innovations emerging en masse | My Business My Business
While there is plenty of hype — and some fear — around artificial intelligence, an array of businesses are showcasing cutting-edge uses of the technology to ...
- The CEO of privacy search engine DuckDuckGo says Google uses location data that puts entire ZIP codes in politically biased 'filter bubbles' Business Insider
On Tuesday, Google CEO Sundar Pichai was interrogated by the House Judiciary Committee over a number of topics including potential bias in the search ...
- Stanford MBA Class of 2018 Chose Careers Where They Could Make a Difference Stanford Report
The MBA Class of 2018 broke records for salaries for the fourth consecutive year, yet their career choices were not about chasing the money.
- Indonesia's Richest 2018: Fortunes Of Archipelago's Wealthiest Rise Despite Rupiah's Slump Forbes
The total wealth of the top 50 hits a record $129 billion.
- Former Freedom Industries site sold to Clendenin business owner Charleston Gazette-Mail
The owner of an equipment sales company will now own the former Freedom Industries site in Charleston.
- Michael Cohen Might Not Know the Difference Between Freedom and Prison Time Observer
Despite receiving a three year prison sentence, President Donald Trump's former attorney Michael Cohen says he finally has “his freedom back.” “Today is the ...
- CoverMyMeds Franklinton HQ could transform neighborhood - Columbus Business First Columbus Business First
CoverMyMeds CEO Matt Scantland said the company wants to be a pioneering employer in west Franklinton, which has been largely neglected amid boom ...
- One in four of Australia's largest companies paid no tax last year The Sydney Morning Herald
Australia is being set up for a multi-billion dollar windfall, as the ATO reveals that some of Australia's largest companies - including Atlassian and Origin Energy ...
- I tried intermittent fasting for a month — and I saw 7 life-changing results Business Insider
Jennifer Still details seven intermittent-fasting tips that she said produced life-changing results for her.
- How to Delete a Facebook Page (Step-by-step Instructions for Business or Fan Pages) G2 Crowd
How to delete a facebook page: Log into Facebook and go to your Facebook pages. Then, choose settings. Under the general settings, you'll find the option to ...
- Tariffs are Destroying Demand for Products Manufactured in US: Steel Index Study IndustryWeek
American manufacturers are paying 17.2% more than their foreign competitors for hot- and cold-rolled steel, according to a new study, from Business Forward ...
- A bright idea to restore coal's blackened reputation The Times
What do you do when you're a coal producer and climate-conscious investors start avoiding you? Rebrand coal with a “fancy new name”, obviously.
- 24% of Millennials Worry About Job Security. Here's How to Get Some The Motley Fool
Sometimes, even hardworking, dedicated employees can suddenly find themselves out of a job through no fault of their own. All it takes is a new boss, ...
- Invest with simplicity, not complexity Moneycontrol.com
On the contrary, in my quest of searching the answer, I found that it's the simplicity that made the investing highly pleasing and less-complicated.
- ARO Granite Industries Q2 FY19 Earnings Conference Call Moneycontrol.com
This is the verbatim transcript of ARO Granite Industries management call with analysts.
- I Am Begging You to Stop Sleeping With Your Co-Workers The New York Times
Try to stump us at email@example.com. Letters may be edited. My Personality Type Is W.F.H.. My company requires that management folks take personality ...
- 'Twas the night before Christmas, and the toy shelves were empty: Don’t wait to buy hot toys this year The Washington Post
The demise of Toys R Us has this major implication for the holiday shopping season.
- Finance Minister Arun Jaitley admits to having difference with the RBI | India Economic Conclave Times Now
For the first time ever, the Government has admitted to having differences with the RBI. Speaking at the India Economic Conclave, FM Arun Jaitley confirmed that ...
- Map: How Trump's approval ratings fare in each state Business Insider
Polling firm Morning Consult releases monthly approval ratings for President Donald Trump in each state.
- OPINIONISTA Is corporate giving philanthropy? Daily Maverick
It is important for non-profit organisations to understand the difference in values and purpose when it comes to private philanthropy and corporate social ...
- Michelle Obama made a subtle joke about Trump potentially getting indicted, and the crowd loved it Business Insider
Michelle Obama spoke in Detroit, where she said there was a double standard in how her family and the Trump family were treated in the White House.
- Social Security and You: Married more than once Arizona Daily Star
I got to chatting with someone about 30 years younger than me the other day at our local library. We were sharing stories about our lives and careers and ...
- Evening walk may not cause sleep issues as previously thought Business Standard
Read more about Evening walk may not cause sleep issues as previously thought on Business Standard. Engaging in moderate physical activity including ...
- Achieving the Gold Standard when Recruiting for High Volume: 5 Metrics you Must Measure Business 2 Community
High-volume recruiting can be a beast in itself and not understanding the data behind your hiring efforts can lead you down a path of uncertain forecasting and ...
- Asian shares fall on poor Chinese economic data News & Observer
Asian shares slip on slowing Chinese industrial output, retail sales.
- The 'two biggest female Gen Z stars' are about to be in a holiday YouTube movie together, and an expert says it will be a massive hit Business Insider
Digital media startup Brat will release a "Holiday Spectacular" YouTube movie on December 21 featuring two of the biggest teen stars working today: ...
- Hello Sunshine is going all in on Eve Rodsky Fast Company
An upcoming book teaches couples how to create a new system for balancing domestic responsibilities fairly–and Witherspoon's company is going all in on it.
- How the demise of Toys R Us is affecting holiday sales STLtoday.com
Waiting to buy popular toys is a big gamble this year.
- Nintendo's biggest game of 2018 proves that the gaming giant still hasn't figured out how to make online games Business Insider
Nintendo's biggest game of 2018 is available now: "Super Smash Bros. Ultimate" is the latest entry in the long-running fighting game series, and the first on ...
- Private equity vs. venture capital: What's the difference? PitchBook News & Analysis
In a previous article we talked about the difference between the public and private markets, but in this article we'll focus specifically on two major subsets of the ...
- Standing strong in a tough economy Moneyweb.co.za
The mid-term budget saw treasury more than halve its economic growth forecast for 2018 to just 0.7% after the local economy dipped into a recession in the first ...
- Why Uber's IPO Is for Suckers Inc.
According to some economists, Uber's future looks pretty bleak.
- #5 Things to Consider as You Prepare to Launch Your Startup Entrepreneur
Here are the few things that you might want to consider as you prepare to launch your dream startup. 1. Understanding Whether Your Product is Meeting the ...
- Next Billion-Dollar Startups: How A Serial Social Shopping Entrepreneur Built Poshmark From Used Clothes Into A $625M Retail Empire Forbes
Poshmark started with selling second-hand clothes out of a closet. Today its army of fashion entrepreneurs is pushing the app to $140 million in revenue as it ...
- Germany, US haggle over access to secret missile-performance data DefenseNews.com
COLOGNE, Germany — The United States and Germany continue to negotiate behind the scenes over access to a highly classified computer model that Berlin ...
- Connections got my career started. Let's give others a chance too Crain's New York Business
It's no secret that diverse workplaces benefit everyone, and leading corporations in New York are making great efforts to diversify. For example, 55% of Bank of ...
- You Can Use Data to Woo Your Customers -- Here Are 3 Ways How. Entrepreneur
Want more emotionally connected buyers? Make data your wingman.
- Your Next Great Innovation for Your Business Might Come From Another Industry Entrepreneur
One of my major early obstacles as an entrepreneur starting hint was shelf life. In addition to not wanting to add sweeteners, I also did not want to add ...
- Out of $85 Billion in VC Funding Last Year, Only 2.2 Percent Went to Female Founders. And Every Year, Women of Color Get Less Than 1 Percent of Total Funding. Entrepreneur
Not only that, under 3% investment professionals at VC firms are black or Latinx. Meet some up and coming entrepreneurs and investors that are working to ...
- Elite colleges boosted women’s earnings — maybe by denting their chances of marriage The Washington Post
Economists revisited a famous 2002 paper on the value of elite colleges to see what it meant for women.
- Sterling traders court peril counting on 11th-hour Brexit breakthrough The Irish Times
UK currency could hit floor if central banks sell off predicted £100bn over EU crash-out.
- Business tax incentives cost Michigan schools more than $100M | Opinion Detroit Free Press
If you've ever wondered what business tax abatements cost Michigan schools each year (and really, who hasn't?), the Good Jobs First think tank has an answer: ...
- Factionalism, missing millions: Nafcoc must reform or die a slow death News24
A thorough clean-up to transform the chamber into a professional entity is needed, or problems arising from factionalism and the control of investment trusts will ...
- Trump's Tax Cuts Made a Difference in 2018. Just Not the One Backers Were Hoping For Bloomberg
The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act that President Trump signed a year ago seems to have boosted economic growth in 2018. But there's little evidence yet that it's ...
- RPA predictions for 2019 from UiPath Information Age
Robotic process automation is growing fast, indeed Gartner has forecast that the RPA business will grow 57% over the next year. Here are six RPA predictions.
- Stick with Aussie stocks, or ditch them? Investors can't agree The Sydney Morning Herald
Investors are at odds on whether it's a good time to stick with Australian stocks. Aberdeen Standard Investments is betting on the nation's equities to outperform ...
- 2020 defense spending outlook: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯; Don't forget the budget caps; F-35 combat tests start; and more... Defense One
The talk of the town is the Pentagon's fiscal 2020 budget request, due to the Hill in just two months. To review: Just a few weeks back, everything seemed to be ...
- Barclays promotes 85 in investment bank to managing director Reuters
Barclays has promoted 85 executives in the international division that houses its investment bank to the rank of managing director, the British lender said on ...
- Pepsi vs. Coke: What's Really the Difference? TheStreet.com
What's the difference between Coke and Pepsi? Surprisingly enough, there is one. Learn what makes them different and which business model wins out.
- Euro zone bond yields fall as weak PMI fans growth fears euronews
By Dhara Ranasinghe LONDON (Reuters) - Borrowing costs in the euro area fell on Friday as weak data from the euro zone and China fanned.
- Pfizer Receives Positive CHMP Opinion for Oncology Biosimilar, ZIRABEV™ (bevacizumab) Business Wire
Pfizer Inc. (NYSE:PFE) today announced that the Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP) of the European Medicines Agency (EMA) has ...
- In business, little decisions make the biggest difference BizNews
The shop owner never asked why the swap was required but simply smiled and replaced the USB for the older version.
- Elon Musk has stopped meetings to watch 'Monty Python' clips: Report Business Insider India
The Joe Rogan Podcast/YouTubeTesla CEO Elon Musk.Tesla CEO Elon Musk has stopped meetings to watch clips from the British sketch comedy show "Monty ...
- Podcast | Digging Deeper: Uber's IPO and why it matters to India Moneycontrol.com
On the Digging Deeper podcast we are going to discuss Uber, its IPO, and what it means for a company that has endured its fair share of trouble across the ...
- Aurora mayor talks economic impact of Colorado’s largest hotel FOX 31 Denver
AURORA, Colo. -- The largest hotel in Colorado is set to open next week just south of Denver International Airport. The 1501-room Gaylord Rockies Resort and ...