The Difference provides access to therapy as an Alexa Skill. Though reports of mental health issues are on the rise, access to quality counseling remains a huge hurdle. By merging psychology with technology, The Difference has created an affordable and anonymous way to get support on your own time, and in your own space.
Founder and licensed therapist, Bea Arthur, has been called “innovative and inspiring” by the American Counseling Association. She’s leading the modern mental health movement as one of the first to move therapy online with streaming video, and now she’s innovating once again utilizing voice technology. Bea is a regular contributor to Forbes and Fox & Friends, and has been featured in Elle, Fast Company, Huffington Post, NPR, CNN, and MTV. She was named part of the New Guard of women in tech by Marie Claire magazine as well as an Entrepreneur To Bet On by Newsweek Magazine. A Columbia University alum and TEDx speaker, she was also the first African American woman to be accepted into the prestigious Y Combinator startup accelerator program.
- Mentors make the difference NZ Business
Eight months into his role as CEO of Business Mentors New Zealand, Craig Garner highlights the importance of mentoring to business owners and shares the ...
- The Difference Between Digital Marketing, Social Marketing, and Pay Per Click Advertising - Alex Membrillo, Cardinal Digital Marketing Atlanta Small Business Network
The prospect of marketing your business can be overwhelming at times, but it doesn't have to be. Our guest today, Alex Membrillo lends his expertise and clears ...
- What’s the difference between public relations and marketing? Your business needs both. Lexington Herald Leader
Your business can benefit from marketing and public relations. Do you know the difference?
- Home loan Vs Land loan: Know the difference Times of India
FAQs News: Indian investors opt to buy land over home for real estate investment purpose or building a house.
- Hemp vs. Marijuana: What’s the Difference? Fox Business
Marijuana stocks are soaring because of recent changes to how hemp is regulated in the United States. That's got everyone asking: What are the top marijuana ...
- What’s The Difference Between HubSpot CMS and WordPress? Business 2 Community
If you're looking to build a new website and are weighing the options found in HubSpot and WordPress look no further. The HubSpot website hosting platform ...
- Is Business Right for Me? Stephen M. Ross School of Business
Fascinated by the way tariffs influence the stock market or how a natural disaster impacts the cost of smartwatches? Curious how companies build (and keep) a ...
- SEO vs SEM – What’s the Difference and Why it Matters to Your Business G2 Crowd
Learn the key difference between SEO and SEM and how they greatly increase the visibility of your site on search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing, and more.
- Public relations & marketing – what's the difference? Upstate Business Journal
By Michele Sobota. Public relations and marketing are often referred to interchangeably. The truth is, while both aim to cultivate thriving companies, the tools and ...
- Is Your Business Prepared For The Worst? Forbes
By: Tamara Schwarting. Is Your Business Prepared For The WorstUnsplash. Fire or flood; billing error or prolonged illness. Even a small interruption can ...
- One on One: Nancy Cahalen, president and CEO of Better Business Bureau of Central New England Worcester Telegram
WORCESTER — Nancy B. Cahalen has seen a wide range of complaints lodged with the Better Business Bureau of Central New England in her 11 years as ...
- Hobby or business? What is the difference? - Tax - Australia Mondaq News Alerts
The Australian Tax Office favours indicia – individual criteria to assess whether an activity is a hobby or a business. Australia Tax Stacks Law Firm 4 Feb 2019.
- How To Find A Million Dollar Business Idea Forbes
Today it seems like the only startups most want to begin or fund are the billion dollar unicorn type. So, where to billion dollar business ideas come from? A few ...
- The tiny Georgian toy company making a big difference euronews
Business Planet heads to Georgia to find out about a toy company making a difference after obtaining microfinance guaranteed.
- Why Serious Business Is Backing Sweden's Social Startups Forbes
Increasing awareness of problems at home and abroad is focusing minds on how to use business to provide solutions. Backed by powerful investors, Swedish ...
- Government shutdown poisoned small-business sentiment across the U.S. MarketWatch
A loss in revenue, weaker confidence, and regulatory and lending delays all hit small businesses hard.
- The difference between Record, Song, and Album of the Year at the Grammys Business Insider
Of the 84 awards given at the Grammys, the top three seem similar: Song of the Year, Album of the Year, and Record of the Year. Here's the difference.
- Here’s how you can properly vet overseas manufacturers for your ecommerce business The Next Web
Of all the questions my consulting clients ask, there is one that comes up more often than all the others combined. It goes something like this: “I want to harness ...
- What is the difference between urban and rural businesses in Centre County? Centre Daily Times
A business complex park has found much success in the rural economy of Philipsburg.
- Amazon's Deep Bench Calms Investors Despite Bezos Scandal, NYC Rift Yahoo News
Amazon.com Inc. Chief Executive Officer Jeff Bezos announced his divorce. Strip out Bezos and Amazon from the headlines and the stories are more mundane.
- L.A.'s feel-good plan for paid leave won't feel nearly as good when the costs pile up Los Angeles Times
A new proposal would guarantee L.A. parents 18 weeks of paid leave — and carry drastic unintended consequences.
- Editorial: Senate Dems poison Amazon deal and hurt the rest of New York Buffalo News
Maybe they don't need the jobs in Queens. It doesn't matter now, because they aren't getting them anyway. Amazon walked away Thursday from a deal to build ...
- So what's the difference between hemp and marijuana anyway? Allentown Morning Call
In December, a Farm Bill was signed into law that removes hemp — cannabis plants with a near-zero amount of the chemical compound that gets you stoned ...
- Scandal and controversy are not spooking Amazon investors just yet Sydney Morning Herald
It's been a rough few weeks for the world's wealthiest man, but investors are keeping the faith.
- The Business Value of Resilience Wall Street Journal
In a fast changing, unpredictable economy, companies face a growing number of potential disruptions to their best laid strategies, including technology ...
- British auditors may have to look at companies' future viability, reviewer warns The Australian Financial Review
London | Auditors in Britain may be required to gaze into a crystal ball and "assess the impact of uncertain future events" rather than simply sign off on past ...
- Many factors impact tax refund | Paul Pahoresky News-Herald.com
There have been a number of articles circulated by the news media recently about how tax refunds are smaller than in previous years.
- Is Walmart the Next Retail Dinosaur to Fail with Amazon’s Dominance of Deliveries? Yahoo Finance
The news of a terminated partnership between delivery startup Deliv and Walmart could potentially be the canary in the coalmine signaling an impending power ...
- The Difference Between a Luxury and a Necessity: Cramer's 'Mad Money' Recap TheStreet
What's the difference between a luxury and a necessity? That was the question Jim Cramer pondered with his Mad Money viewers Thursday. Cramer said what ...
- Letter: Signs badly needed at Perkiomen project Reading Eagle
Business owners are suffering due to PennDOT inaction.
- High-yield savings account vs. checking account: How much you save Business Insider
Saving money in a high-yield savings account rather than traditional checking account earns a small amount of interest, which compounds and grows.
- Wage strife at Ezard eateries Sydney Morning Herald
Award-winning chef Teage Ezard's high-end business is significantly underpaying permanent staff.
- Here's the investor deck that helped the real-estate startup Divvy raise a $30 million series A led by Andreessen Horowitz Business Insider
Divvy provides alternative financing options for prospective homebuyers who don't qualify for traditional mortgages.
- Better Buy: Mastercard vs. Discover The Motley Fool
Which of these financial giants looks like a smarter pick right now?
- Westpac flat quarter attracts flak amid ASIC ambush The Australian Financial Review
Westpac has been criticised for being unable to grow profits in the absence of falling costs and higher rates for home loans.
- Fast-growing online petsitting services are clashing with traditional kennels Hartford Courant
Just as ride-sharing platforms such as Uber have upended the taxi industry, the rise of app-based petsitting services have prompted calls for new laws to reflect ...
- UK estate agents at their gloomiest for 10 years, says Rics The Guardian
Brexit uncertainty and a lack of affordability in some areas continue to stifle the UK housing market, leaving Britain's estate agentswith their gloomiest view of ...
- Neuroscience Is Going to Change How Businesses Understand Their Customers HBR.org Daily
A Fortune 100 automotive company is exploring a new technology on the periphery of their core business. The executives in charge believe they have struck on ...
- MARK VAUGHAN-JACKSON: The cost of convenience The Telegram
Convenience seems to be the flavour of the week. New services are popping up, letting you order everything from a ride to your buddy's place to a burger and ...
- We drove a $49,000 Toyota Highlander and a $49,000 Honda Pilot to see which is the better family SUV — here's the verdict Business Insider
The Toyota Highlander and the Honda Pilot are two of the best selling mid-size family SUVs in the US. Both start at just over $31000.
- Tale of two drugs lords: from Cosa Nostra to Guzmán – it’s strictly business The Guardian
They both bore the same nickname: “Shorty”. Salvatore Riina, boss of Sicily's Cosa Nostra from the late 1970s, reportedly until his death in jail in 2017, was ...
- Melinda Gates has some great advice on how working parents can reduce stress Business Insider
Melinda Gates' favorite piece of personal tech is a meditation app called Headspace, and she's got a trick with when to use it.
- Kenya Airways Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner Economy Class review: Nairobi, Dubai INSIDER
While Kenya Airways isn't at the level of top flag carriers like Emirates for luxury, I found that it offers high-quality, friendly *service*.
- Firms cite VAT formula for rise in loan defaults Business Daily
Manufacturers have blamed change in the formula applied in calculating Value Added Tax (VAT) refunds for cash flow challenges resulting in piling loan.
- Better Buy: Realty Income vs. Store Capital The Motley Fool
Which of these two income machines is a better buy right now?
- 24 Books for Getting Ahead in Life Inc.
If pushing yourself to the next level is a fundamental part of your mindset, you have to be a reader. Reading (or listening to) books full of wisdom is a daily habit ...
- Investors say 'fake' experts on local radio shows conned them out of millions CBC.ca
Dozens of Ontario investors say they were conned out of millions of dollars after fraudsters using fake names were featured as investment "experts" on their ...
- Director Peter Berg has launched a new brand content company Fast Company
The Friday Night Lights director has added Film 47, a new commercial division, to his production company.
- Chances of a bounceback likely in market; deploy ‘Ratio Call Spread’ in Nifty Moneycontrol.com
Nifty Options data for the week shows that in monthly expiry, Call writers gained strength at 10800-10900 strike while Put writers stay firm at 10700 strikes.
- WestJet’s accused of 'predatory pricing,' but (surprise!) there’s actually no such thing Financial Post
Opinion: To pretend that low prices are somehow unhealthy is an abuse of language, and of consumer welfare, too.
- Megaworld allots P35 B for new township project Philippine Star
Megaworld Corp., the listed property giant of tycoon Andrew Tan, is ramping up development in its Arcovia City along C-5 with a P35 billion funding to develop ...
- Hong Kong company sorry after 'vacuum cleaner for her' HSBC Valentine offer Reuters UK
Hong Kong telecoms company HKT apologized after a Valentine's day deal it sent to HSBC staff offering discounted laptops "for him" but vacuum cleaners and ...
- Police Respond to Active Shooter at Henry Pratt Company in Aurora, Illinois The Daily Beast
Law enforcement responded Friday to an active shooter at the Henry Pratt Company in Aurora, Illinois. Eyewitness John Probst told ABC Chicago he saw a ...
- Charlie Weston: 'Tracker redress scheme far from finished, contrary to what banks would have us believe' Independent.ie
The banks would have us believe that the tracker mortgage scandal is nearing an end. Don't believe it for a minute. The tracker mortgage rip-off story was first ...
- Opinion | In the Yes Bank drama, RBI has shot itself in the foot Moneycontrol.com
The central bank should embrace more transparency, with better explanations for regulatory actions.
- RBS warns of Brexit harm as profits double BBC News
Royal Bank of Scotland has reported profits of £1.62bn for 2018, more than double the £752m it made a year earlier. RBS chief Ross McEwan called the results ...
- Tesla Amazon store shows its retail advantage: expert Business Insider
Tesla opened a store on Amazon last week that sells branded merchandise like hats and diecast versions of Tesla vehicles.
- The difference between the internet of things and the industrial internet of things MultiBriefs Exclusive
The internet of things is one of the most controversial topics of the current generation. People on one side of the debate think that it will bring forward a more ...
- U.S. Hemp Revenue to Grow 27% Annually, Hit $2.6 Billion by 2022 The Motley Fool
The marijuana industry is blossoming before our eyes. After spending many decades as a taboo and illicit substance, cannabis is now perfectly legal for adult ...
- How to tell if a diamond is fake: 2 telltale details to watch for Business Insider
Nicole Wegman, founder and CEO of Ring Concierge, a company that designs custom engagement rings, says there are 2 ways to tell if a diamond is fake.
- What I'm gonna tell you about love, I learned from selling rosé ABS-CBN News
Being in love is a wonderful thing. However, wise people will tell you over and over again that staying in love is hard work. Keeping a relationship red hot goes ...
- ASIC shells out over $100,000 on 'new' logo — but we can barely see the difference SmartCompany.com.au
Australia's company and financial services watchdog has splashed the cash on a new font and logo, hoping to rebrand itself post-royal commission.
- Differences between how the US, Canada treat asylum-seekers INSIDER
Amid an ongoing national debate about America's southern border, the last two years have seen a growing controversy at the US-Canada border, as well.
- Amazon's NYC Deal Was Extortion Without the Dick Pics The Daily Beast
Their dealings with Queens business owners seem to offer a glimpse into Amazon's soul, or perhaps lack thereof.
- Brewery shuts down complaint from 'well-educated' customer New Zealand Herald
A cruel complaint from a "wealthy" and "privately educated" brewery customer has gone viral after the mistake-laden email was shared on Twitter.
- Former Trump official Gary Cohn reveals the biggest difference between working at the White House and Goldman Sachs Business Insider
Gary Cohn, a former economic advisor to President Donald Trump and a senior executive at Goldman Sachs, said employees at the Wall Street bank knew who ...
- Derek Blasberg's Tips For Getting Ahead in Fashion The Business of Fashion
NEW YORK, United States — With a schedule and contact list fit to bursting, Derek Blasberg is one of fashion's most well-connected professionals. A quick dip ...
- Rafael approves Aeronautics deal, Frenkel wants higher price Globes
Phoenix controlling shareholder Aaron Frenkel is liable to demand a much higher price for his 30% stake than Rafael and Avichai Stolero are offering.
- Gov. Gavin Newsom wants to give you a ‘data dividend.’ Good luck with that San Francisco Chronicle
Gov. Gavin Newsom declared his intention in his first State of the State address last week to tax the money gushers of tech and distribute their wealth to the less ...
- Proof it's always best to book a hotel direct New Zealand Herald
By Mark Palmer of the Daily Mail. Online hotel booking websites are good at making you think you're getting a bargain. And they want you to move fast because, ...
- Colorado sends Arizona to 7th straight loss, 67-60. Idaho Statesman
The Colorado Buffaloes never trailed Arizona in sending the Wildcats to their first seven-game skid in 36 years with a business-like 67-60 win Sunday night ...
- Married filing taxes jointly vs. separately: Pros and cons Fox Business
Married couples have the choice of filing their taxes Opens a New Window. jointly or separately. What is the best option for you and your spouse? Generally, it is ...
- Was Medibank the warm-up for Craig Drummond to run NAB? The Age
Medibank boss Craig Drummond's presentation to investors on the insurer's financial results sounded a lot like an audition for the newly opened-up job of chief ...
- Here are the 21 most brilliant quotes from Warren Buffett, the world's most famous and successful investor | Markets Insider Business Insider
These 5 companies are set to crush earnings, Morgan Stanley says.
- Police seize almost 7,000 pounds of cannabis from a truck. But the company that bought it says it's all legal CNN
The Idaho State Police say they've seized 6701 pounds of illict marijuana. The Colorado company that bought it says it's legal hemp. And the truck driver, caught ...
- Real culprit of children’s hospital debacle is the tender process Irish Examiner
Human beings know which side their bread is buttered on, and they rarely slap that butter side down on a dirty floor, writes Terry Prone. Construction of the new ...
- I drove a $42,000 Lexus UX hybrid SUV to see if this offbeat, entry-level crossover is worthy of its luxury nameplate. Here's the verdict. Business Insider
The 2019 Lexus UX 250h is a new subcompact luxury hybrid. The Lexus UX 250h is offbeat, but I liked the small crossover quite a lot.
- AmBand Sport Loop review: The $10 alternative to Apple's $49 watch band Business Insider
Instead of spending $49 on a Sport Loop from Apple, you can buy the AmBand for $10 on Amazon. It's nearly identical in quality and a fraction of the price.
- Supportive Family and Friends Turn Hobbyists Into Entrepreneurs, MIT Research Finds Inc.
If you want move beyond just dreaming, you need this one thing (and no, it's not money).
- 3 ASX shares to buy for investors in their 60s or older Motley Fool Australia
When investors reach their 60s they are usually entering their retirement decade, so the ASX shares that those investors may want to be looking for are ones that ...
- Sports Week: NBL's Larry Kestelman, TV ratings BBL, SuperRugby & more Mediaweek
Last night the League handed out its season awards including MVP, which was won by Andrew Bogut, and Coach of the Year, won by Dean Vickerman.
- What's The Difference Between Business and First Class? Forbes Now
If you're looking to book a flight, you may be a bit confused about the differences between business and first class seating. There are some things that are the ...
- Florida Boy, 11, Arrested After Refusing to Stand For Pledge of Allegiance The Daily Beast
An 11-year-old boy in Florida was arrested and is facing charges after he refused to stand for the Pledge of Allegiance. The boy was arrested for causing a ...
- Do we need an Only Fools and Horses musical? Of course we do, you plonker! The Guardian
It was the cushty comedy that perfectly captured 80s Britain. As Only Fools and Horses hits the stage, we celebrate the TV classic that needed a new scale to ...
- mayor's race fundraising totals 2019 Crain's Chicago Business
Knowing who's giving to which candidates—and how much—provides clues as to what a candidate's real agenda is.
- How to Orchestrate Change from the Bottom Up HBR.org Daily
Organizational change is difficult, no question about it. It's challenging to get people who are set in their ways to go about their jobs differently. So what types of ...
- Sony in 2019: Playing catch-up Android Authority
It shouldn't come as any surprise by now that Sony unleashed a metric ton of phones in 2019. Unfortunately for Sony, it once again failed to capture a wide ...
- Will Luis Severino's deal affect how Yankees spend rest of 2019 due to luxury tax threshold? NJ.com
The Yankees' 2019 payroll already is close to baseball's $206 million luxury tax threshold with just 19 players under contract following $10 million added from ...
- Mikel Stars in Boro’s Away Win against Blackburn THISDAY Newspapers
By Duro Ikhazuagbe with agency report. John Mikel Obi was part of Middlesbrough squad that grabbed a valuable away win at Blackburn Rovers yesterday.
- My Bathroom Stinks: Ugliest bathroom facelift contest Syracuse.com
Is your bathroom looking less than *fresh*? Do you want to get your spring cleaning off to a good start? syracuse.com has teamed up with the Home Builders and ...
- National's craven deference to China Newsroom
Economist Michael Reddell is appalled at the National Party's subservience to Communist China.
- The Difference Between Personal and Business Credit Reports Nav
Business owners have a lot to juggle, including multiple types of credit scores. Here's the difference between business and personal credit reports.
- Richard Branson didn't understand the difference between these 2 business terms for years CNBC
Self-made billionaire Richard Branson pretended he understood the difference between two business terms for decades. Finally, an executive explained the ...
- Chinese investment leaves Serbia in a bind Financial Times
Blocking foreign funding could undermine the stability of the western Balkans.
- Business Credit Score vs. Personal Credit Score: What's the Difference? Business News Daily
Keeping tabs on your personal credit score is a common practice. You can't spend a day on TV without seeing an ad that offers a *service* for monitoring your ...
- Artist at work: Details made all the difference for upholstery business The Union of Grass Valley
Lori and Mark Madonna met on a blind date in high school. Mark was shy, so friends set them up. But unlike most teen romances, this one worked. Apparently.
- Instagram influencers are selling you drugs and medical devices Vox.com
Big pharma is partnering with influencers to make #sponcon.
- Why ‘covenant lite’ loans are not the menace they seem Financial Times
Risky debt market is dominated by contracts that have investor protections ripped out.
- What's the difference between a small business and a startup? SmartCompany.com.au
Two frequently conflated definitions in the 'startup ecosystem' are that of a small business (I often say SME, meaning small to medium enterprise) and a startup.
- This is the real difference between tequila and mezcal Business Insider
Business Insider spoke to Stoli Group Brand Ambassador Simone Bodini to find out what the difference between tequila and mezcal is — and It turns out tequila ...