The Mentor Method
The Mentor Method is a SaaS platform that provides curated mentor matches, connecting the next generation of tech leaders with change-making mentors at the top of their game. By focusing on people and value- fit first, The Mentor Method fosters authentic, lasting connections. The result is stronger teams and inclusive workplace cultures. Transform today’s entry and mid-level talent into fearless leaders for tomorrow, ready to tackle the most complex business challenges. With an inclusive, next-generation culture rooted in mentorship, they’ll be 100% engaged along the way. The Mentor Method was founded to champion a world where minorities and women in tech are viewed as crucial assets to be valued, not a trivial box to be checked.
- Mentoring Monday: Booking it - Louisville Business First Louisville Business First
Great leaders read great books. These women business leaders tell us their favorites.
- DC Tech Stories talks to Janice Omadeke, founder of The Mentor Method Technical.ly
“Are you my mentor?” That's the question posed by DC Tech Stories as the podcast features a conversation with Janice Omadeke, the founder and CEO of The ...
- Business Mentor: The Effects of Social Media in the Workplace ABS-CBN News
A lot of people are on social media. When you ride the LRT, MRT, bus or UV Express van, people always seem to be on their phones checking Facebook or ...
- The Mentor Method and Rectify Win Capital Factory’s $100,000 Awards at the Women in Tech Summit Silicon Hills News
Austin Startup Week kicked off Monday with the second annual day-long Women in Tech Summit at Capital Factory in downtown Austin. The event culminated in ...
- How to Embed Inclusivity Into Work Culture Through Mentorship Entrepreneur
Janice Omadeke's The Mentor Method helps companies attract and retain diverse workforces through mentor matchmaking.
- Struggling with workplace diversity? This startup is raising money to help Washington Business Journal
Janice Omadeke sees a technology industry that can be far more diverse — and her startup The Mentor Method is raising $550,000 in seed funding to bring its ...
- How Old Should My Mentor Be? Why Near-Peer Mentorship Works Forbes
It's important to both be able to connect with your mentor and take their advice seriously, so I recommend going with someone who's only a couple of stages of ...
- 7 Biblical Secrets to Business Success Aish
Everything I needed to be successful in business I learned in Jewish Day School.
- U.S. Startup Learning From Design Terminal Mentoring Program Budapest Business Journal
Boston-based startup Socialmap decided to join a mentoring program in Hungary by Design Terminal to gain experience and exposure in Europe, founder ...
- Mentor Method Creates Algorithm to Find the Perfect Work Mentor Match ARL now
The Mentor Method goes beyond matching mentors based on their age and race for underrepresented professionals.
- What You Can Learn from Your Employee Networks strategy+business Today
Many companies support resource groups that bring people together, but stop short of assessing their value.
- This DC startup wants to make finding a mentor as easy as finding a date Technical.ly DC
Janice Omadeke is smart and driven and ambitious, so right out of college she knew she needed to find mentors in order to propel her career forward. The only ...
- William Raveis Real Estate Launches First-Ever Certified Mentor and Coach Training Program for its Managers in United States PRNewswire
SHELTON, Conn., Feb. 1, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- William Raveis Real Estate, Mortgage & Insurance (WRRE), the top family-owned real estate company ...
- Tips For Productive Presentations in The Workplace Inside INdiana Business
You should be making presentations at work. There is no more powerful method for communicating ideas, building value, earning respect and gaining support ...
- On Career Mentoring from the Careerless The Observer
As a struggling college student, I only like to accept two things; help and free stuff. When my academic advisor offered me free help, I figuratively jumped for joy.
- How a Zuckerberg mentor helped write the Soros speech that blasted Fac Fast Company
How one of Mark Zuckerberg's mentors helped billionaire philanthropist George Soros write the Davos speech at the center of another Facebook controversy.
- DENNIS ZINK: How to value your small business Sarasota Herald-Tribune
We recently launched our SCORE Business TV show. The first episode was on "Exit Strategies, Cashing-in." Our second show will be about how to value your ...
- Can the KonMari Method Help You Declutter Your Retirement? Forbes
Simple approach to help you spark more joy in retirement.
- Why Annie Turnbo Malone matters just as much as Madam C.J. Walker Vox.com
One of the first black women to reach millionaire status did so by launching a hair care empire — and her name wasn't Madam C.J. Walker. Entrepreneur Annie ...
- State of Entrepreneurship: Redefine 'entrepreneur' through inclusion Startland News
Speakers at Wednesday's State of Entrepreneurship address issued a reminder: All entrepreneurs started as the little guy facing barriers.
- Austin Mosaic Awards to Celebrate Diversity at Tech Companies American Inno
The top five companies will be announced at the Austin Mosaic Awards on July 19 at WeWork Congress at 7 p.m. The event is open to everyone from all ...
- Special report: The old 'new college try Crain's Cleveland Business
Less than a decade ago, Cleveland Scholarship Programs focused solely on individual students. Today, now known as College Now Greater Cleveland, the ...
- Meet Ohio's new jobs czar: Capitol Letter cleveland.com
Gov. Mike DeWine announced a new leader of JobsOhio on Thursday, cleveland.com's Andrew Tobias reports.
- Educating for uncertainty London Business School Review
Fifty-one years ago I returned from America to join the fledgling London Graduate School of Business (now London Business School), then just two years old ...
- Chicago Public Schools monitored children's social media for signs of violence and gang membership Business Insider
School officials say the monitoring was about keeping students safe, not punishing them. But critics say it expanded the role of police in schools.
- 25 Austin employers truly serious about diversity; Inaugural Mosaic Awards handed out Austin Business Journal
Data show a more diverse workforce leads to better financial results. The new Mosaic Awards recognize the companies that are going beyond the optics to fully ...
- How to make mentoring work and why your workplace will benefit INTHEBLACK
Shared wisdom can make for brilliant careers - take a look at some of the world's most accomplished people like Sheryl Sandberg or Oprah Winfrey. Whether ...
- Productivity tips I learned in Japan, from kaizen to tidying up Business Insider
Adrian Shepherd is a productivity consultant who's lived in Japan for 24 years, and he's picked up some productivity and stress-management habits.
- Global Breast Augmentation Implants Market 2019 - Research Report By Application, Products, Key Players, Region and Forecast to 2026. TheCells
Category – Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare. Breast Augmentation Implants Market 2019 E-Market Research provides research study on “Breast Augmentation ...
- 8 Inspirational Career Platforms for People of Color Black Enterprise
We've rounded up a few inspirational and resourceful platforms for people of color. Here are some of the best sites for job searching and career advancement for ...
- 5 Strategies To Grow Your Private Practice with Dr. Tiffany Ryan. Thrive Global
As a part of my interview series with prominent medical professionals about “How To Grow Your Private Practice” I had the pleasure of interviewing Dr. Tiffany ...
- 6 Reasons The Citadel's Evening Construction Engineering Program May Be Right For You Charleston Post Courier
The Charleston area is experiencing a huge construction boom as a result of the metro region's steady population increase. With so much construction and ...
- Mentorship Is Less Common in Europe. Here's What You Can Do to Find a Mentor. Entrepreneur
Most successful entrepreneurs agree on the great value of having a mentor. In the U.S., mentorship has been the norm for decades. But, to my great ...
- This Entrepreneur Got a Lot of Insulting Advice When Starting Her Business. Here's How She Bounced Back. Entrepreneur
While searching for guidance through peers and networking events, Janice Omadeke was faced with "advice" that was rude and offensive.
- David B. Glancey, 74, Philadelphia Democratic Party chairman, tax official and Penn lobbyist Philly.com
David B. Glancey, 74, of Philadelphia, a longtime city Democratic Party chair who headed the Board of Revision of Taxes for years and then became a lobbyist ...
- The transformative power of Bryant's IDEA program | Bryant News Bryant University
SMITHFIELD, RI - Last week, about 800 Bryant first-year students emerged exhausted but invigorated by their Bryant IDEA experience, the three-day, ...
- Students Revolutionize Veterinary Medicine at Cornell's Animal Health Hackathon Cornell University The Cornell Daily Sun
Last weekend, free-flowing coffee and the glare of the eHub lights kept the increasingly sleep-deprived Cornell Animal Health Hackathon contestants awake.
- MassChallenge Texas Awards $510,000 and Prizes to 10 Startups Silicon Hills News
By Laura Lorek Publisher of Silicon Hills News. The MassChallenge Texas accelerator transformed re:3d's business. “We've grown by more than 30 percent ...
- How this founder's immigrant parents made her a better entrepreneur Technical.ly DC
Mentor Method CEO Janice Omadeke on the entrepreneurial traits she learned through her parents' immigration to the U.S.. How this founder's immigrant ...
- 12 Things You Need to Understand about the Silicon Valley Model before Using it in Other Markets Entrepreneur
“This isn't working, have to figure out a way to get it right,” said this company's head to a serial entrepreneur, who is also an advisor for his firm. Both are from the ...
- SEED SPOT is looking for entrepreneurs to join its spring accelerator program Technical.ly
Running from Feb. 5-April 9, 2019 the accelerator program will provide impact-driven entrepreneurs with in-depth support for scaling and attracting investment ...
- Training Camp: Help Employees Develop Skills for the Factory Floor Traning BedTimes Magazine
Employee training isn't just about conveying information or building skills, it's about equipping your team and your business for the future.
- 4 startups coming up at Austin's Capital Factory (Video) Austin Business Journal
After completing a six-month stint at Galvanize, I've returned to Capital Factory, where I'll be holding Office Hours every fourth Friday of every month for the ...
- Why You Should Start Selling Your Startup Now Forbes
If you're waiting around for your startup to be bought, you're going to leave a lot of money on the table. Start selling now.
- 16 MassChallenge Texas Finalists | An App to Connect Motorcyclists American Inno
JASK Appoints Vice Chairman. JASK, a cybersecurity startup co-headquartered in Austin and San Francisco, announced it has appointed former FireEye and ...
- Global Air Quality Sensor Market 2019 – foobot, Airbeam (AirCasting), Nest, Air Guard K – Mild Monopoly MildMonopoly
The Global Air Quality Sensor Market intelligence assessment report gives clear picture of market size, market value, CAGR, drivers, opportunities, industry ...
- Jeff Simon: When columnists led journalism's way Buffalo News
Jimmy Breslin wasnt my hero. Not when I first started as a News reporter in 1969, he w…
- Business Mentor: What Encourages People To Buy? ABS-CBN News
The main concern of business owners is how to ethically influence consumers to purchase what they offer.
- Layoffs at Cratejoy | Austin M&A: A September to Remember American Inno
Layoffs at Cratejoy. Cratejoy, a curated box subscription startup in Austin, has laid off 18 of its 43 employees, TechCrunch reported this afternoon. Co-founder ...
- What the Best Mentors Do HBR.org Daily
Mentorship comes in many flavors. It doesn't always work unless leaders bear in mind a few common principles. Over the past three years, as part of my ...
- 6 Ways official mentor programs help the business People Matters
“Companies that allocate the time and resources or encourage initiatives for mentorship programs can create a positive impact on their recruiting efforts, overall ...
- Tech Events in Austin, Houston Promote Women Founders' Success Xconomy
Austin---The oft-quoted “pipeline” issue---that there aren't enough qualified women or people from other underrepresented groups available to create.
- It's National Mentoring Month: What 8 Experts Want You to Know About Mentoring HuffPost
Written with Alice Stankovitch Most of us wouldn't dream of starting a fitness program or learning a new language without an instructor to guide us...
- Mentoring: How does it impact your business? Training Journal
Does your business have a mentoring programme? If not, why not? Michael O' Flynn recaps on the positive impact to business.
- 15 Effective Coaching Strategies To Use With New Hires Forbes
New and young talent can benefit greatly from coaching. Here's how you can create those opportunities for your team.
- 5 Women of Color Making D.C. The Next Impact Tech Hub Black Enterprise
Being the nation's capital, Washington D.C. is known for creating companies that possess impact at their core. These five women of color discuss why they chose ...
- SXSW 2018: Meet the 6 Gov Tech Startup Finalists That Pitched Mayors at SXSW Government Technology
Six gov tech startups pitched mayors from around the country for a chance to win $10000. Four of the startups were also recognized GovTech 100 companies for ...
- Mentoring can reduce anxiety, study finds Medical Xpress
Mentoring of junior colleagues can reduce anxiety and improve the mental health of the mentors themselves, finds a new study.
- Tech roundup: Bumble launches investment branch, 4 companies raise funding, and more Built In Austin
Consero raised one of the largest single rounds of funding for Austin tech this year, in the form of a $50 million investment from a Boston private equity firm.
- Find a Business Mentor -- or Fail Trying Entrepreneur
The right mentor can connect you with the right tools, experiences and opportunities.
- When worlds collide: does 'reverse mentoring' work? The Guardian
Can young workers teach their elders anything about careers, politics and getting the most out of life – and vice versa? Two Guardian journalists give it a try.
- These 8 impact-minded startups are getting investor-ready Technical.ly DC
Village Capital's Pathways DC is looking to help mission-driven founders from underrepresented groups get access to early stage capital. Let's meet the cohort.
- Two women, two mentorship models Livemint
Online or offline, seeking mentorship can be helpful.But which approach do you choose?
- How DC Solidified Its Place as a Top Tech Hub in 2017 American Inno
In 2017, Washington came into its own as a tech hub, and the national tech sector responded.
- Austin Startup Funding, Acquisitions August 2018 American Inno
We're running a bit behind with our August funding and acquisition wrap up. But better late than never, especially with some of these big moves: Opcity is being ...
- Something to Think About for the Coming New Year: You're Not Too Old to Be an Entrepreneur Entrepreneur
Worried that your graying hair is a sign that you've missed your chance? Don't fret -- you're not over the entrepreneurial hill yet.
- The Best Mentors Think Like Michelangelo HBR.org Daily
Michelangelo approached the craft of sculpting with the humble conviction that a unique and beautiful piece of art already existed within the stone, and his job ...
- $510,000 awarded to 10 startups at inaugural MassChallenge Texas finale Austin Business Journal
One could imagine Julia Taylor Cheek was speaking to founders of those roughly 450 startups who didn't make it into the MassChallenge Texas initial cohort.
- Pass skills on and make a success of mentoring Public Finance
Mentoring is a flexible, cost-effective way to improve staff skills and workplace wellbeing. Business school professor Max Neal gives some top tips to avoid ...
- How To Make Lifting Up Young Entrepreneurs Your Legacy Forbes
The truth is that there are as many aspiring entrepreneurs out there as ever. But without a mentor, money, or real-world business experience, few feel confident ...
- Tech roundup: HomeAway to open another local office, Cratejoy's new accelerator, and more Built In Austin
HomeAway's internal growth has outpaced office construction, leading to the opening of a third Domain office. Plus, Cratejoy launches new accelerator program ...
- Checklist for Finding a Small Business Mentor Small Business Trends
Finding a business mentor that meets all of the requirements listed here ensures you find one who is going to be helpful and relevant to your business.
- The Simple Truth No Boss Will Ever Tell You Inc.
What's worse, many bosses expend vast effort to keep you from figuring the secret out yourself.
- Why it is Important to Have a Shifu in Life Entrepreneur
Your big dreams of building a successful business will materialize much faster if you realize that you should not solely rely on your own ability. We have to ...
- Don't Make The Mistake Of Asking Your Manager To Mentor You Forbes Now
Millennials are hungry to learn and grow, and they expect their managers to drive their development. But this is a mistake.
- Giving back: Ridgewood students recognized for their mentoring work Chicago Tribune
Ridgewood student mentors were recognized for their contributions in a short ceremony at the start of a School District 234 board meeting.
- 5 Steps To Becoming An Amazing Mentor Fast Company
If you've just been asked to mentor someone, it's time for a little reality check. The truth is many prospective new mentors don't fully understand what it takes to ...
- Does government help enough? Survey says startup founders feel isolated Startland News
Early stage entrepreneurs struggle with the technical steps to getting started, a Kauffman survey found; founders don't believe the government is helping.
- How to Adjust Your Business Strategy as Your Company Grows Inc.
Key strategy differences between large and small companies, and how to match strategy to your growth stage.
- Sports Coach Mentoring – Impacts on the Mentors, not the 'Mentees'. A Case Study of the Active Sussex Coach Support Officers Scheme. United States Sports Academy Sports Journal
Authors:Philippe Crisp University of Chichester College Lane, Chichester, West Sussex PO19 6PE, United Kingdom e) firstname.lastname@example.org, tel.) 01243 816000.
- #BuiltByGirls Wave Program Mentors Young Women Interested in Careers in Technology Noozhawk
Mentorship at social media giant Facebook has exceeded Amanda Moores' wildest expectations. The rising senior at San Marcos High School in Santa Barbara ...
- 5 Female Entrepreneurs Reveal How They Triumphed Over 2018's Business Challenges Forbes
From coast to coast, I spoke with five female entrepreneurs who revealed their biggest challenge in business in 2018 — and how they triumphed over it to grow ...
- These are the 20 most promising startups in DC: realLIST 2018 Technical.ly DC
From health to digital media to new learning approaches, here are the companies worth paying attention to this year. These are the 20 most promising startups ...
- The Often Overlooked but Invaluable Benefits of Mentorship Forbes
The value of a mentor who can help cultivate leadership skills one-on-one in real-time, reduce the anxiety in taking big steps, and focus leaders on achieving ...
- Why I Shut Down a Multi-Million Dollar Business to Solve the 'Entrepreneur's Dilemma' Entrepreneur
Scott Oldford has been a million dollars up and down. In just a few years, he created a seven-figure business to get himself out of six-figure debt. Then he quit it ...
- Michael Douglas Refuses to Age Gracefully in ‘The Kominsky Method’ The New York Times
Sandy Kominsky is hardly a man in the prime of his life. Once a sought-after acting coach to the stars, he now makes his living teaching Hollywood wannabes ...
- How Can You Be Sure What Your Business Is Worth? Forbes
There's got to be an easy way to value your privately-owned business, right? A quick rule of thumb that gives you a realistic market price, give or take a few ...
- Vytjie Mentor: I have been ridiculed and mocked before. Check if I care? Citizen
The former MP and state capture whistleblower confused many with her nervous and often rambling testimony on Monday. Following hours of testimony before ...
- How to Mentor a Narcissist HBR.org Daily
No workplace is immune to the self-absorbed and self-important employee. You know the one. Preoccupied with status, appearance, and power, narcissists ...
- 16 startups on the rise; first class of MassChallenge finalists unveiled Austin Business Journal
The finalists in the first class of MassChallenge Texas will compete for a piece of a $500000 pie.
- Willow Reiki brings the alternative to the mainstream News-Herald.com
Licensed massage therapist Maggie Kimble wants to teach people the importance of reiki.
- Why Harvard’s case studies are under fire Financial Times
Students love the classroom buzz and collaborative approach, but critics are circling.
- Students prepare to pitch their business ideas at LITE WREG NewsChannel 3
MEMPHIS, Tenn. — There is a big competition for some local students this week, and if they get it right, they could get a jump start to starting their own business.
- These programs just got awarded grants to help DC's women entrepreneurs Technical.ly DC
BEACON DC announced the women-led ventures that will receive support from the inaugural round of its grant program this week. The grants are designed to ...
- Key Differences Between Coaching And Consulting (And How To Decide What Your Business Needs) Forbes Now
Coaching can help turn an entrepreneur into a great leader. Consulting, on the other hand, provides that much-needed expertise and assistance. Oftentimes, the ...
- Why mentorship matters for women Generocity
And advice on how to find a great mentor, from three Philadelphia-based nonprofit and business leaders. Why mentorship matters for women. Danielle Corcione.
- 10 Questions to Consider When Working With a Business Mentor Entrepreneur
Consulting a wise, experienced mentor can take your business to the next level. Here's what you should consider to get the most out of the relationship.
- When young people start to mentor their own bosses EL PAÍS English Edition
As a veteran hotelier found when he joined Airbnb, a process of constant learning allows us to reinvent ourselves and be happier in our lives and career.
- Reverse mentoring a need not a choice anymore in Zimbabwe NewsDay
IN the wise words of Greengard in 2002: “Executives are beginning to realise that knowledge isn't a one-way street. It's in everyone's best interest to share ...
- Suzy Welch: Here's why everything you've been told about mentors is wrong CNBC
Most millennial employees have heard this all-too-familiar advice: Find a mentor. According to the prevailing wisdom, a mentor should be an older colleague, ...