Solstice Energy Solutions
Solstice Energy Solutions develops integrated IoT and software solutions for intelligent management of distributed energy resources. With an initial focus on emerging markets, Solstice is helping homes and businesses that struggle with unreliable electricity grids to save money and achieve cleaner, more reliable power.
Their first product, the Solstice SHYFT is among the first digital transfer switches of its kind, providing unprecedented levels of intelligence, flexibility, and control of energy resources for residential and commercial buildings. Just as Nest redefined the thermostat, Solstice is bringing much needed innovation to the transfer switch through SHYFT. Now users can monitor, manage, and control all energy sources (utility, generators, solar, and/or batteries) from a simple mobile application, while Solstice helps harmonize and optimize the system.
Co-founders Ugwem Eneyo and Cole Stites-Clayton met while they were engineering graduate students at Stanford University, conducting research on energy systems and sustainability. Through Solstice, they remain committed to driving the clean energy transition in emerging markets.
- Stanford-born energy business wins global competition | The Dish Stanford University News
An idea hatched by two Stanford graduate students in an engineering and entrepreneurship class has won a global competition for climate change-focused ...
- Turning Point: Reflections on the Summer Solstice | Ralph Waldo Emerson prophesied, “The end of the human race will be that it will eventually die of civilisation.” Patheos
we have also reached another turning point for the earth, a point at which the future of the earth's wellbeing hands in the balance...Ralph Waldo Emerson ...
- Mermaid Parade, Lincoln’s Bible, District 12: News from around our 50 states USA TODAY
Theater group reads entire Mueller report aloud in Maine, goats to fly again in Washington, and more.
- Last Week In Venture: A Full Stack Of Decentralized Tech Crunchbase News
Hello and welcome back to Last Week In Venture, the weekly rundown of venture deals that may have flown under your radar. Subscribe to the Crunchbase ...
- MRAK Almanac: Anchorage Assembly to talk trash, homeless solutions Must Read Alaska
PRODUCED BY KOBE RIZK. The MRAK Almanac is your place for political, cultural, and civic events, events where you'll meet political leaders or, if you are ...
- Solstice wins MIT Clean Energy Prize with efficient metering for developing nations MIT News
Solstice Energy Solutions won the MIT Clean Energy Prize for its plan to bring an energy-metering program to Nigerian households, which currently rely on ...
- Cleantech Incubator Powerhouse Launches Seed-Stage VC Fund Greentech Media
Powerhouse, the Oakland-based cleantech incubator and workspace, has launched a seed-stage venture capital fund.
- René García Franceschini: Engineering energy solutions for all MIT News
MIT civil and environmental engineering major René García Franceschini is engineering energy solutions for Puerto Rico and beyond. “The human impact that I ...
- The Daily 202: Joe Biden is desperate to change the subject. The Iran imbroglio may let him pivot to foreign policy. The Washington Post
With Joanie Greve and Mariana Alfaro. THE BIG IDEA: Joe Biden met with senior members of the Congressional Black Caucus last night. He called Cory Booker ...
- Meet the Boss: Ugwem Eneyo, CEO, Solstice Energy Solutions How we made it in Africa
Ugwem Eneyo is a speaker at the 2017 African Diaspora Investment Symposium. 1. What was your first job? My first job as an adult was working at a major oil ...
- Allied Solar Products to distribute CertainTeed's Solstice Solar System Solar Builder
Allied Solar Products, a Beacon Roofing Supply company and one of the nation's largest distributors of photovoltaic panels, inverters, mounting hardware.
- New Quartz Pros: Benjamin J. Butler, Veda Cook, John Gerzema, Allyson Kapin, Stephane Kasriel Quartz
Quartz recently launched an app for smart, constructive discussion about the news. We're working to build that community and regularly adding new features ...
- Shopping for Community Solar? Contract Terms Are Getting Friendlier Greentech Media
Community solar is supposed to make investing in PV easier. But many contracts do exactly the opposite. Common contract terms put customers on the hook for ...
- How to Benefit from Solar Energy Without Installing Solar Panels: Solstice Initiative American Inno
Americans are overwhelmingly in favor of solar energy, according to research from the Yale Program on Climate Change Communication. Yet only one out of ...
- Customer management software can ease workload of community solar developers Solar Power World
The community solar market is set to take off. According to SEIA, 1294 MW of community solar were installed in the United States through Q3 2018, with.
- Solar Power to the People NationSwell
For one startup, harnessing solar power isn't just a matter of technology — it's also a matter of access. Five years ago, Steph Speirs was working to bring solar ...
- #Solar100's Emily Kirsch: The Oprah of Clean Energy pv magazine USA
In this #Solar100 interview, Richard Matsui, Founder and CEO of kWh Analytics, speaks with Emily Kirsch, Founder and CEO of Powerhouse.
- Identity and the Summer Soltice by Holiday Mathis Boston Herald
firstname.lastname@example.org (Holiday Mathis). There are multiple versions of each and every person. There's the version in your head, the version in theirs and the ...
- Solstice Becomes a Premier Google Cloud Partner PRNewswire
CHICAGO, April 17, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- SOLSTICE, an award-winning emerging technology and innovation consulting firm that serves Fortune 500 clients, ...
- 60 Women-Led Startups That Are Shaking Up Tech Across The Globe Forbes
We have a big problem in the startup and tech world that is not only squashing innovation, but is leaving billions of dollars on the table for every single investor.
- Coverage of Global Climate Action Summit KQED
Follow KQED Science for live updates of the Global Climate Action Summit, where business leaders, politicians, scientists, and activists from around the wo.
- Kevin de León Wants Cleantech to Focus More on Equity and Access Greentech Media
Former California Senator Kevin de León will advise cleantech startups on how to make better outreach to disadvantaged communities.
- Thin Man Brewery’s 2019 Summer Solstice Street Festival Buffalo Rising
Ever since Thin Man has come onto the Elmwood Avenue scene, it has helped to amp up the energy of the street via its live music taproom shows, parties, and ...
- Honeywell sees cool future for refrigeration Contracting Business
by George Koutsaftes, President, Honeywell Advanced Materials. New and innovative technologies making society more productive and energy efficient are ...
- Yes, Even Millennial Households Can Afford Solar Energy Forbes Now
Getting solar energy is easier than you think, and it can save you money. Learn three tactics that utility companies don't want you to know.
- California subdivision gets ahead of the solar mandate, re-roofs with CertainTeed products Solar Builder
Across the country, more subdivisions are choosing rooftop solar as a way to attract and retain earth-conscious home buyers. The California Energy.
- Tennesseans for Solar Choice coalition says TVA's solar programs are broken Solar Power World
On what is usually a celebration of sunshine on the longest day of the year, this Summer Solstice the Tennesseans for Solar Choice coalition is shining a.
- Founder of Solstice, J Schwan, Named St Ives New CEO PR Newswire
CHICAGO, Aug. 1, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- St Ives Group PLC announced that J Schwan will be appointed as the group's CEO. Schwan has been with St Ives for ...
- Cosmic coincidence: Solstice, full moon and meteor shower The Mercury News
Even before all of Santa Claus's reindeer prance over our rooftops, the night skies are abuzz with action. This weekend offers a rare celestial trifecta: the winter ...
- CIVCO Radiotherapy Announces FDA 510k Clearance and CE Mark of their Solstice SRS Immobilization System PR Newswire
CORALVILLE, Iowa, Oct. 15, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- CIVCO Radiotherapy, the leading global provider of high quality, innovative, patient-centric radiotherapy ...
- Call for Work: Silo City Summer Solstice Project 2019 Buffalo Rising
For the first time ever, in 2019, Buffalo Arts Studio is teaming up with Silo City to conduct an immersive arts project called Silo City Summer Solstice Project.
- Pentagram's Marina Willer creates African entrepreneur network's new look Design Week
Pentagram partner Marina Willer has created a “modern” new visual identity for Harambeans, an association of African entrepreneurs which pushes for social ...
- 10 Questions With Alex Cooley & Max Salinger of Solstice Cannabis Business Times
The brain power behind Seattle-based Solstice shares secrets to the company's years-long success.
- Solstice Energy Opens in Nevada PR Web
LAS VEGAS, Nevada (PRWEB) November 28, 2017 -- Utah-based Solar company, Solstice Energy, has announced its expansion into the Nevada Solar market ...
- The 50 Best Workplaces in Technology Fortune
This year's best tech companies to work for, an annual list from Fortune and Great Place to Work, include Ultimate Software and Workday.
- Rocky year continues for Olympus 69News WFMZ-TV
Growth in the Medical Business and Scientific Solutions Business in the first nine months of fiscal 2019 was not enough to stem a serious drop in operating profit ...
- The 55 Best Companies to Work For in Chicago Fortune
Information technology, health care, financial services—and a school district. This year's list of best companies to work for in Chicago contains quite a variety of ...
- Honeywell Unveils Environmentally-Friendly Refrigerant, Solstice N41 Energy Manager Today
The nonflammable and lower global warming potential refrigerant from Honeywell will be avialable in 2019. SolsticeN41 is for ujse in stationary ar conditioni9ng ...
- Blue economy investments, growing protein on trees, banking for migrants, equitable edtech, jobs in Mexico City, London and Washington D.C. ImpactAlpha
Greetings, Agents of Impact! Featured: ImpactAlpha Original. With oceans in peril, investors find new ways to invest in the 'blue economy.' Bad news about the ...
- From Its Business Structure to Its Refrigerants, Honeywell Makes Big Changes ACHR NEWS
ATLANTA — From spin-offs to new refrigerants, Honeywell has made several changes to its business — some that were reflected at this year's expo. One of the ...
- Tired of daylight saving time? These places are trying to end it. National Geographic
It doesn't save energy, and it seems to put health at risk. Now, efforts to stop the twice-yearly time shifts are inching closer to success.
- The State of Clean Energy Innovation in Boston American Inno
This is the first story in our “Green Tech” editorial series, which is running several stories on clean tech startups and trends in the Boston innovation ecosystem ...
- Summer Solstice 2018: What You Need to Know About the Longest Day of the Year Fortune
The longest day of the year for people in the Northern Hemisphere — the summer solstice — is Thursday, June 21. It's easy to forget that the first day of summer ...
- Why Today Is the First Day of Spring: Before You Balance That Egg, Read This Fortune
On Wednesday, March 20, 2019, at 5:58 p.m. ET, the spring equinox, also known as vernal equinox, will bring the first day of spring in the Northern Hemisphere.
- A bipartisan message of clean energy progress MIT News
In the face of global challenges, leading women in energy and climate convene at MIT for the C3E 2017 Clean Energy Symposium.
- Startup competitions seeking cleantech companies VatorNews
Startup competitions seeking cleantech companies. They include Climate Launchpad, Cleantech University Prize and 76West Clean Energy Competition by ...
- Editorial Agenda 2019: Transportation & Energy - WISC Channel3000.com - WISC-TV3
Being in the solution business means solving problems collectively and relying more on innovation and entrepreneurship than on government. There are a ...
- Generate - May 16, 2019 Axios
Good morning, and welcome to Friday Eve. Let's get to it. 1 big thing: Climate activists dismiss nuclear power. Illustration of nuclear symbol made out of plants.
- 15 finalists announced for Hawaii startup pitch competition GreenBiz
VERGE Hawaii Accelerate to feature global startups accelerating a clean economy.
- Editorial: Consumers embrace renewable energy, so should N.C. legislative leaders WRAL.com
Friday, Jan. 18, 2019 -- Duke Energy's roof top solar rebates were gone in a flash. That should be a bright signal to North Carolina policy makers. It is past time to ...
- Honeywell International Inc (HON) Q4 2018 Earnings Conference Call Transcript The Motley Fool
HON earnings call for the period ending December 31, 2018.
- America’s business lobby shifting on climate change Axios
The chamber has in the past been critical of acting on climate change.
- Bankruptcy Charges Knock First Energy into the Red in Third Quarter 69News WFMZ-TV
FirstEnergy Corp., parent company of Met Ed and JCP&L, reported a third quarter loss primarily due to charges related to FirstEnergy's court-approved ...
- The Largest Compound Semiconductor Device Maker in China Selects ClassOne Solstice® CopperMax™ Electroplating System PR Newswire
KALISPELL, Mont., Aug. 23, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- ClassOne Technology, the premier supplier of new electroplating and wet process tools to the 200mm and ...
- Dane County working to become a national leader in renewable energy Channel3000.com - WISC-TV3
In 2017, Madison became the first Wisconsin city (and the 25th in the nation) to formally commit to 100 percent renewable energy.
- State awards grants for three Kendall County area solar projects Kendall County Now
Three Kendall County area solar energy projects and a fourth at the Mooseheart Child City and School in Batavia have been awarded funding from a State of ...
- Where is Lansing getting this renewable energy? City Pulse
Lansing aims to be the first city in Michigan fueled entirely by renewable energy sources by the summer. But other cities have had that goal for years. How is ...
- The Green New Deal Needs These 5 Cutting-Edge Energy Innovations To Succeed Popular Mechanics
The Green New Deal proposed by Rep. Ocasio-Cortez and Sen. Ed Markey is ambitious, which it must be if it's going to combat climate change. But reaching ...
- Risk Of Natural Gas Price Hike Looms As Oregon Lawmakers Finalize Cap And Trade OPB News
UPDATE (Monday, May 6, 9:24 a.m. PT) – A rooftop vent creaks open inside a warm, humid greenhouse at Woodburn Nursery and Azaleas. It's controlled by a ...
- Three Yale women named finalists for Environmental Genius Award Yale News
Of the 20 finalists named for this year's Pritzker Emerging Environmental Genius Award, three — all women — are from Yale.
- Irish sustainable energy company to hire 50 in Wicklow in €10m investment Siliconrepublic.com
Crowley Carbon aims to reduce Ireland's carbon emissions by 250000 tonnes per annum through a series of solar energy projects.
- Businesses say federal stormwater rules are causing them headaches 69News WFMZ-TV
A newly enacted water runoff fee in Allentown is supposed to help the environment, but businesses say all that's running off is the services they can now provide.
- Does The Spring Equinox 2019 Affect Zodiac Signs? The Vibes Will Be Extremely Positive Bustle
After what feels like a never-ending winter, spring is mercifully just days away. Along with longer days and warmer weather, spring also means a shift in the ...
- Viewpoint: Mass. needs comprehensive climate action now Boston Business Journal
Gov. Charlie Baker's proposal to fund climate-smart infrastructure and nature-based climate resiliency tools, financed by a real estate transfer fee, is an ...
- Amazon will pay to help workers start delivery businesses WFMZ Allentown
Amazon wants its employees to quit their jobs and create their own delivery businesses. It turns out that's an expensive proposition. So Amazon is upping the ...
- Four takeaways from the 2018 S3 Solar Software Summit Solar Power World
The 2018 S3 Solar Software Summit brought developers, investors, installers and more solar stakeholders together to talk about how software can make life.
- Duke Energy pitches new way to get state approval for rate increases WRAL.com
Legislation has key support as environmentalists, advocates for ratepayers sound alarm.
- Local candle maker set to make $1 million in sales this year. He's 17 69News WFMZ-TV
A local teenager had trouble finding a job, so he took matters into his own hands. Now he's running a half-a-million dollar business at the age of just 17.
- Solstice Leadership Updates Strengthen Chicago's Presence on the Global Tech Stage PR Newswire
CHICAGO, Jan. 11, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- J Schwan, founder and CEO of Solstice, has been appointed to the newly created role of Chief Digital Officer of ...
- Easton's Weyerbacher Brewing Company files for bankruptcy as part of restructuring 69News WFMZ-TV
The company has finalized a restructuring partnership with 1518 Holdings, LLC, an investment group.
- Honeywell develops lower GWP non-flammable refrigerant Contracting Business
Honeywell develops lower GWP non-flammable refrigerant.
- Honeywell Reports Strong Finish to 2018; Expects 2019 Earnings Per Share of $7.80 - $8.10 PRNewswire
MORRIS PLAINS, N.J., Feb. 1, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Honeywell (NYSE: HON) today announced financial results for the fourth quarter and full year 2018 and ...
- Saudi Arabia wants to buy tons of American natural gas 69News WFMZ-TV
Saudi Arabia has placed a huge bet on American natural gas.
- Boeing 737 Max crisis prompts calls for shakeup at company 69News WFMZ-TV
In the wake of the 737 Max crisis, two leading shareholder advisory firms are urging Boeing stock owners to shake up the company's management and board.
- William Brent Axios
Shell, Engie, Schneider Electric and other multinational energy companies have recently announced ambitious goals to extend electricity access to about 200 ...
- Monroe, Ruston Fred's stores going out of business Monroe News Star
Fred's is closing 104 more stores, which represent 18% of the company. Mississippi, Arkansas, Georgia and Tennessee losing the most locations.
- ON Semiconductor Showcases Automotive CMOS Image Sensors, LiDAR and Radar Solutions at AutoSens 2019 Yahoo Finance
Complete automotive sensing portfolio on display, including sensors for in-cabin, rear view and surround view cameras, ADAS front view cameras, and camera ...
- Climate change: can individual consumer choices make a difference? Vox.com
Individual consumer choices are a small contributor to climate change. That doesn't mean they don't matter.
- Why these companies are giving employees a mental health break WFMZ Allentown
Tech companies may be known for their hustle culture, in which working around the clock is the norm. But on Wednesday, more than 60 companies including ...
- Southern Oregon Residents Are Wary About An Energy-Storing Lake OPB News
When Leonard Jespersen thinks about the Swan Lake North pumped hydro storage project, he gets the feels — but not in a good way. “I mean everything ...
- Consumers Energy breaks ground on Tawas service center location Iosco County News Herald
BALDWIN TWP. – Consumers Energy officials have said ground has been officially broken on the agency's new Lincoln Street *service* facility, with crews already ...
- Twitter co-founder calls Trump 'master of the platform' 69News WFMZ-TV
President Donald Trump is a "master" of Twitter, according to the company's co-founder Ev Williams.
- Alzbeta Klein Axios
While countries like the U.S. and EU member states have to backpedal their heavy carbon emissions, emerging markets could still leapfrog the most ...
- Duke Energy rate bill clears first hurdle WRAL.com
No opposition voiced as Senate committee focuses only on bill's less controversial section.
- Lehigh County non-profit breaks ground on net-zero building, wants other companies to think green 69News WFMZ-TV
SCHNECKSVILLE, Pa. - A Lehigh County nonprofit organization that finances energy conservation is digging in on some new digs. It's hoping to inspire other ...
- The Mad Science Plan to Power the World With Poop Gizmodo
Most people don't give a second thought to the poop they flush away. But perhaps they should, because the energy contained within our repellent remains is ...
- ULRICH TOMBUELT: Wind energy poised to boost N.C.'s economy WRAL.com
Thursday, Feb. 21, 2019 -- The end of 2018 marked the end of North Carolina's two-year moratorium on wind energy developments. The moratorium kept the ...
- Company Core Values: 70 Examples From Top Employers Built In
Check out the company core values of 70 of the best places to work in America & get some ideas for developing/rewriting your company values.
- More companies boycott Brunei over anti-gay laws WFMZ Allentown
A British TV awards show and a Swiss-owned travel agency have joined a growing boycott of businesses owned by the kingdom of Brunei, after the country ...
- Be you, unapologetically: Advice from 12 women leading teams in Chicago tech Built In Chicago
We spoke to female leaders at 12 companies about their backgrounds, their advice for other women entering the field and what their companies are doing to ...
- Siemens adding 10000 jobs as it refocuses on future technologies 69News WFMZ-TV
Siemens has announced plans to spin off its energy businesses while creating 10000 new jobs in digital industries and smart infrastructure.
- List: Duke Energy's tips to keep energy bills low this summer WRAL.com
Duke Energy offers a few easy changes that homeowners and renters can make immediately to trim their electric costs while staying cool.
- Going global: McDonald's menu to feature worldwide favorites 69News WFMZ-TV
McDonald's customers will soon be able to take their taste-buds on a trip around the world without the need for a passport.
- Winter Solstice: What and When Is It? Fortune
The winter solstice for 2017 will be at 11:28 am ET on Thursday, Dec. 21, marking the first day of winter and the shortest day of the year.
- Amazon will no longer sell Chinese goods in China WFMZ Allentown
Amazon is partially retreating from the world's biggest market for online shopping.
- Olympus profits hit by legal issues WFMZ Allentown
Olympus Corporation, which has its Olympus Corporation of America headquarters in Center Valley, Pa., reported operating profit declined 92 percent.
- Results up across the board for Knoll 69News WFMZ-TV
It was another gangbuster quarter for Knoll, the designer and manufacturer of furnishings, textiles and fine leathers for the workplace and home.
- The darkest day of the year is here — here are some science-backed ways to fight winter blues Business Insider
Psychologists debate whether Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) is real. But they agree on a few ways to maintain mental health in the dark of winter.
- Meet the 11 startups accelerating change at VERGE Hawaii GreenBiz
One great joy of producing VERGE events is not only showcasing the big companies and progressive cities at the forefront of the clean economy, but also the ...
- State investigating two companies in Durham explosion WRAL.com
Two companies are under investigation by the state Department of Labor in connection with a fatal gas explosion in Durham two weeks ago.