Sweeten is an award-winning website that matches homeowners who have renovation needs to Sweeten Certified General Contractors selected from a carefully screened and curated network. Currently the site hosts over $300M in construction projects for thousands of homeowners in the New York City area. Each of the top 10% of Sweeten Contractors have completed over $500K in Sweeten renovation deals.
- Here's How Sweeten Founder Jean Brownhill Plans to Diminish Construction's Gender Gap Architectural Digest
*Fresh* off a flight from Aspen, Colorado, Jean Brownhill is brimming with a new business initiative when we chat over the phone. While the adventurous ...
- A woman's journey breaking down barriers in two male-dominated fields Fox Business
Jean Brownhill is one of the few black female entrepreneurs to raise $1 million in venture capital.
- 15 must-try frozen treats to sweeten up Salem this summer Statesman Journal
We're talking churro ice cream sundae, Halo Halo and fronuts.
- India buying more US coking coal after disruptions in Australian supply Business Standard
India is buying more US coking coal after disruptions in top supplier Australia, and as US miners seek new markets due to declining demand from America's ...
- The Lakers' draft pick could become the key to the Anthony Davis trade saga Business Insider
If the Lakers want Anthony Davis, it may hinge on who they can get in return for the fourth pick to sweeten their offer to the Pelicans.
- Rolling in Dough The Chicago Cusader
Black baker rising on global stage two years after opening a second shop at Navy Pier By Erick Johnson It's Thursday morning at Brown Sugar Bakery. Owner ...
- Take Our Survey: What's on Your Contact Center/CX Roadmap? No Jitter
Share insight into the importance of your contact center to your business and the path you're taking toward the future.
- These companies are revamping paid parental leave ABC News
The importance of an adequate paid parental leave policy was made clear for Reddit co-founder and venture capitalist Alexis Ohanian after he encountered ...
- Not requiring an ‘added sugars’ label is a sweet relief, but not for all The Boston Globe
The FDA has ruled that while maple syrup producers needn't include an 'added sugars' line on their labels, another classic New England food — cranberries ...
- Tanduay to sweeten offer for Central Azucarera Philippine Star
Taipan Lucio Tan's Tanduay Distillers Inc. (TDI) is sweetening its offer for Central Azucarera Don Pedro Inc. after losing in an earlier round of bidding, a ranking ...
- Jean Brownhill Isn't Afraid To Joke About Being The Only Woman In The Room Refinery29
Sweeten CEO Jean Brownhill is one of just 26 Black women to raise more than $1m in venture captial. She talks to Refinery29 about her business.
- Pols Try to Sweeten Sports Betting Bill The Forum Newsgroup
File Photo. Senator Addabbo (c.) has said that he believes that legalizing sports betting, and enabling people to place wagers from their phones and other ...
- Sugar or sugar substitute? Here's the scoop on non-nutritive sweeteners. Knoxville News Sentinel
Should you opt for sugar or a sugar substitute? Our wellness columnist breaks down what you need to know.
- Sweeteners and Sweetening Solutions Market To Maintain Healthy CAGR In Coming Years with Focusing Key players like ADM, Doehler, Beverage Flavors International (BFI), etc. Market Research Tribunal
Sweeteners are food additives that sweeten soft drinks and food. The prime objective of the Sweeteners and Sweetening Solutions market report is to help the ...
- Big business commercialises Paraguay’s traditional stevia plant Diálogo Chino
Indigenous communities in Paraguay claim share of profitable global trade in sweetener stevia as exports to China fall foul of diplomacy.
- Kate Nash: Underestimate the Girl — the unsquashable singer vs the music industry Financial Times
While not quite as saddening as the recent Avicii documentary, Kate Nash: Underestimate the Girl (from Sunday, iPlayer) is another indictment of the music ...
- More Hong Kong homebuyers expected in ‘Greater Bay Area’. Here’s why South China Morning Post
More young Hongkongers looking to get on to the property ladder are expected to seek homes in the “Greater Bay Area” cities of Zhuhai, Zhongshan and ...
- Philip Green cheers 'last-minute winner' as landlords back Arcadia rescue - business live The Guardian
Victory for Sir Philip Green as landlords back a CVA that spares Top Shop, Miss Selfridge, Burton and Dorothy Perkins from closure.
- Transactional Attorney - Enova Built In Chicago
Enova is hiring for a Transactional Attorney in Chicago. Find more details about the job and how to apply at Built In Chicago.
- How to use Audible to listen to more than 500000 audiobooks and audio shows Business Insider
Audible is a monthly subscription *service* that gives you access to 500000 audiobooks and shows. Here's how to use the Audible app.
- Philip Green: Arcadia rescue on the brink as vote dramatically delayed - business live The Guardian
Crucial CVA that would have saved Arcadia from administration has been postponed for a week as some landlords refuse to help Philip Green.
- If You Want Your Crush To Text More Often, A Dating Coach Has Tips For Making That Happen Elite Daily
Ding!” Is there any sweeter sound than your phone alerting you to a text from your crush? It gives you an instant rush that TBH, surpasses any thrill you could get ...
- Cooper: Volkswagen workers make right choice | Times Free Press Chattanooga Times Free Press
Tennessee Gov. Bill Lee, U.S. Rep. Chuck Fleischmann and Hamilton County Mayor Jim Coppinger could find other things to talk about. Politicians have little ...
- Air India deal may be sweetened by shifting more loans to SPV Times of India
India Business News: NEW DELHI: Moving at jet speed, the two-stage bid process for selling of entire 100% equity stake in national carrier Air India could ...
- Beaumont Financial Partners Maintains Holding in Boeing Co (BA); As Starbucks Com (SBUX) Stock Price Rose, Girard Partners LTD Lowered Stake Stocks Beat
Beaumont Financial Partners Llc increased its stake in Boeing Co (BA) by 553.51% based on its latest 2019Q1 regulatory filing with the SEC. Beaumont ...
- FiercePharmaAsia—Japan's global first nods; Celgene hands back PD-1; China's copycat invite FiercePharma
Japan grants global first nods to drugs from Roche, Daiichi Sankyo and AstraZeneca. Celgene hands back PD-1 to BeiGene amid Bristol-Myers merger. China is ...
- Who are Trillian? The firm ordered to repay almost R600m to Eskom The South African
If Eskom can find 750 more contracts this dodgy, they could plug their R400 billion debt-hole. Here's what you need to know about the Trillian firm.
- IXS reinforces capabilities through SD-WAN SunStar Philippines
Pushing the enterprise fiber internet services forward, IXS recently unveiled a new product that's set to give a seamless connectivity experience to its enterprise ...
- Op-ed: Purchasing Anadarko is a bad move for Occidental Petroleum Houston Business Journal
Lurie: Occidental Petroleum and Anadarko are headed in opposite directions.
- Is Buying Cott Corporation (NYSE:COT), Having Higher Short Interest a Winning Strategy? The MAK Daily
Investors sentiment increased to 1.2 in 2019 Q1. Its up 0.12, from 1.08 in 2018Q4. It improved, as 10 investors sold Cott Corporation shares while 49 reduced.
- Chevron may have to sweeten offer for Anadarko after rival Occidental bid CNBC
Energy giant Chevron may have to sweeten its offer for Anadarko Petroleum after fellow driller Occidental Petroleum put a higher bid on the table, analysts say.
- ‘You give an inch and they want a mile’: Extended payment terms are still a problem for agencies and vendors Digiday
The long-simmering issue of agency payment windows has been brought back to a boil. Last month, General Mills announced it was looking for a new creative ...
- The race to disrupt general contracting heats up Business of Home
Without the right contractor, a renovation, whether it's a small bathroom remodel or a whole-house makeover, can easily go awry. This central issue—finding the ...
- Sweeteners and Sweetening Solutions Market 2019 SWOT Analysis & Key Business Strategies by Leading Industry Players and Forecast 2024 Market Mirror
Sweeteners and Sweetening Solutions Market 2019 SWOT Analysis & Key Business Strategies by Leading Industry Players and Forecast 2024.
- Manchester United offered Gareth Bale, Isco to sweeten Paul Pogba deal? Sports Mole
A report claims that unwanted Real Madrid pair Gareth Bale and Isco will be offered to Manchester United to help push through a move for Paul Pogba.
- Air India deal to be sweetened further, PIM likely by July 7 Times Now
Multiple sources said that selling of Air India is the unfinished agenda of the previous government and now that they have made a comeback, the deal would be ...
- Business notes: Candy store aims to sweeten White River Junction Valley News
Every town needs a candy store around the corner. Now Hartford has one.Ava's Candy Corner, a new candy store on Gates Street across from Northern Stage in ...
- First Media's Food and Life Hacking Videos Will Sweeten the Commute for Over 13 million Working Professionals in North America Starting This Summer PR Web
New Distribution Deal with TEGNA Co-Owned Captivate will Bring Short-form *Content* from First Media's So Yummy and Blossom to Nearly 12,000 Lobby and ...
- It's lights out for Sears on Tuesday unless Eddie Lampert can sweeten his bid CNBC
Sears and its chairman, Eddie Lampert, have been so far unable to resolve disagreements over his $4.4 billion bid to save Sears and 50,000 jobs by buying it ...
- Euronext may sweeten offer for Oslo Bors as Nasdaq makes rival bid Reuters
PARIS (Reuters) - Stock markets operator Euronext said on Monday it may increase its offer for Oslo Bors VPS after Nasdaq made a higher rival bid.
- Conservative leadership: MPs await results of fourth vote BBC News
Jeremy Hunt, Michael Gove, Sajid Javid and Boris Johnson are vying be one of the final two candidates.
- Colchester new dessert lounge opening in Crouch Street called Tub and Cone | Suffolk and Essex Business News East Anglian Daily Times
A family run business serving waffles, milkshakes, crepes, and ice creams is set to open in Colchester next week for those with a sweet tooth.
- Stevia/Stevia Rebaudiana Market by Key Players, Sales, Demand, Market Dynamic Forces & Forecast 2024 Northwest Arkansas Politics
The Stevia/Stevia Rebaudiana market report provides a unique, first-time market and competitive analysis of the size, segmentation, competition, trends and ...
- US redoubles threat to Turkey over purchase of Russian missile system South China Morning Post
The US government on Thursday said economic sanctions over Turkey's planned purchase of a Russian missile defence system remained a “very viable” option ...
- South Korean Lotte Group to sweeten investment in local candy company Astana Times
NUR-SULTAN – The Rakhat Shymkent confectionery company plans to launch new product lines to produce marmalade by 2019 and sugar biscuits by 2020, ...
- Videogame subscription services are scary PC Gamer
Each year, E3 ends up being a proving ground for what could be the next big trend in gaming. Last year, for example, reflected the rise of the battle royale format ...
- South Asheville's Hopey & Company to close after 22-years in business WLOS
After 22-years in business a South Asheville favorite is closing their doors. Hopey and Company began in 2004 at the Dreamland Flea Market with a warehouse ...
- Sweeten Founder Shares How She Rises to Meet Every New Learning Curve With Confidence Entrepreneur
'You have to accept that you're the type of person that likes the challenge. When you make that switch, it's game on,' says Jean Brownhill.
- Valassis Research: Consumers More Likely to Dine out if Restaurants Sweeten the Deal Business Wire
Valassis' “Defining the Coupon & Value Restaurant Consumer” study, provides insights for restaurants and industry marketers to attract diners.
- Sweeten brings client/contractor matchmaking service to area Westfair Online
Sweeten, a company that matches homeowners with general contractors in an attempt to streamline the process into what is promised to be a positive ...
- CT Water, SJW sweeten $1.1B deal for state regulators Hartford Business
Connecticut Water *Service* Inc. and the California company attempting to acquire it for $1.1 billion recently offered a new slate of commitments to state regulators, ...
- Hedge fund said to sweeten Sears bid The Gazette
Eddie Lampert presented a new bid for Sears on Tuesday that included some concessions as talks to save the bankrupt retailer from liquidation continue, ...
- Barrick, Randgold sweeten dividend ahead of takeover deal vote Reuters
LONDON/TORONTO (Reuters) - Canada's Barrick Gold and takeover target Randgold Resources are boosting their dividend payouts ahead of shareholder ...
- Block Renovation makes home renovations cheaper and easier Fast Company
Block Renovation won't just redo your bathroom for you. The new startup will finish it in three weeks, for 25% less than you'd pay a regular contractor.
- Free cinnamon rolls and baseball: Businesses make their bids to keep Barnes on Rocky Top WBIR.com
Just what would it take to keep Barnes at UT? Local businesses put forward their tasty incentives to sweeten the pot.
- Sweeten your summer with strawberries Newnan Times-Herald
For eight years, area families have made a tradition of annual treks to Whitley Farms. The Sharpsburg pick-your-own operation, established in 2011, offers *fresh*, ...
- Hopey & Co. liquidating soon-to-close Sweeten Creek grocery store Asheville Citizen-Times
ASHEVILLE — Hopey & Co., the family-owned discount and artisan grocery store first opened as Amazing Savings, plans to close its 121 Sweeten Creek Road ...
- “Bird or Lime Might Help Sweeten the Deal”: Inside Uber’s I.P.O. Endgame Vanity Fair
Once the uncontested titans of ride-sharing, Lyft and Uber were quick to act when they noticed electric bike and scooter-sharing start-ups eating away at their ...
- How Much Does It Cost to Renovate in Westchester? Westchester Magazine
Renovating your Westchester County home can be a thrilling experience — a way to flex your creativity and add enduring value. It's easy to get caught up in the ...
- T-Mobile Under Pressure to Sweeten Sprint Package for DOJ Nod Bloomberg
T-Mobile US Inc. suffered a significant setback in its bid for regulatory approval of its takeover of Sprint Corp. after failing to win over the U.S. Justice Department ...
- How to Start a Business, According to Female Founders Who Did It MarieClaire.com
Last year, women launched 1821 new businesses every day— yet taking the leap to start a company can feel scary. It shouldn't— thanks to our know-it-all guide ...
- Plant City Looking to Sweeten Its Downtown Image Bay News 9
Plant City is known for strawberries, but now the community is looking to sweeten its downtown image.
- Stocks close little changed as Wall Street gets set for the start of the corporate earnings season CNBC
Stocks closed along the flatline on Thursday as Wall Street looked ahead to the start of the earnings season.
- Biz Buzz: New soda barn offers quick and easy way to sweeten your palate East Idaho News
Do you want to know what's happening on the eastern Idaho business scene? We've got you covered. Here is a rundown of this week's business news across ...
- Anadarko likely to deem Occidental's buyout offer superior to Chevron's bid on Monday: Sources CNBC
Anadarko is likely to determine that Occidental's buyout offer is superior to the agreement its board reached last month with Chevron, sources tell CNBC's David ...
- Interserve lenders to sweeten terms of £500m rescue Sky News
US hedge fund Coltrane has tabled a rival restructuring plan that includes a £75m rights issue, Sky News learns.
- Viacom New (VIAB) Stake Held by Permit Capital Llc; International Business Machs (IBM) Market Valuation Declined While Norinchukin Bank The Has Cut Its Stake by $2.56 Million The NBO News
Permit Capital Llc increased its stake in Viacom Inc New (VIAB) by 9.59% based on its latest 2019Q1 regulatory filing with the SEC. Permit Capital Llc bought ...
- Marvell Goes Shopping to Sweeten 5G Story Light Reading
A couple of years removed from its $6B deal to buy Cavium, Marvell suddenly agrees to buy two companies so far this month. There's still 11 days left in May, ...
- Jaypee Infratech lenders ask NBCC, Suraksha Group to sweeten takeover bids Business Today
A meeting of the Committee of Creditors (CoC) was held to discuss resolution plans submitted by NBCC and Suraksha Group. The CoC will soon formally write ...
- 7 social issues CEOs will prioritize in 2019 Fast Company
This year, CEOs will focus their efforts on issues like climate change and sexual misconduct.
- Ask 13: Is landmark Asheville lawn and garden business closed for good? WLOS
An Asheville lawn and garden business that was once a local landmark has closed it's doors, but is it gone for good? Bob Lawrence Power Equipment was open ...
- Here's why Levi Strauss, the world's biggest denim brand, is going public CNBC
For the first time in more than three decades, investors can buy shares of Levi Strauss & Co., the world's biggest jeans seller.
- Walmart Gives Workers Paid Sick Leave to Sweeten Broader Attendance Crackdown Bloomberg
The nation's biggest private employer takes a carrot-and-stick approach to reducing absenteeism.
- Anadarko weighs Occidental offer, possibly setting off bidding war for shale oil assets The Washington Post
Anadarko Petroleum is reopening acquisition talks with Occidental Petroleum — two weeks after agreeing to sell itself to Chevron — setting up a possible faceoff ...
- Stocks in Asia mixed; China's March trade surplus soars past expectations CNBC
Shares in Asia were mixed on Friday, with the Chinese markets slipping even as official trade data came in soaring past expectations.
- Sweeten the Holidays with the 2018 Aflac Holiday Duck PR Newswire
COLUMBUS, Ga., Nov. 7, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Aflac, the leader in voluntary insurance sales at the worksite in the United States and a committed corporate ally ...
- Occidental seals deal with Anadarko after Chevron drops out WTOP
DALLAS (AP) — Occidental Petroleum wrapped up a $38 billion deal to acquire Anadarko on Thursday after Chevron declined to sweeten its offer, ending a rare ...
- A healthier way to sweeten your drinks: Agave'D Cafe to open in East Memphis The Commercial Appeal
Agave'D Cafe is set to open in East Memphis in June. The company started in California selling organic agave syrups to naturally sweeten cocktails.
- United Airlines sweetening the deal for corporate accounts Chicago Business Journal
The Chicago-based carrier is offering a variety of benefits in a new three-tier program for corporate accounts.
- Trade war with US pushes China to sweeten relations with India RT
The US-China trade row is prompting the world's second-largest economy to expand its ties with India. Chinese sugar refiners are already lining up to buy up to ...
- Businesses, cities laud grant approval for I-49 project Joplin Globe
PINEVILLE, Mo. — Gregg Sweeten had difficulty last week putting his reaction into words.
- Dell Sweetens Key Deal Terms in Path Back to Public Markets The Wall Street Journal
Dell Technologies plans to sweeten a $22 billion deal to buy out an affiliate and return to the public markets, five months after its initial proposal sparked ...
- New rules sweeten the deal for clinical trials by Indian pharma cos BusinessLine
The latest set of clinical trial rules, likely to be notified in March, will fast-track proposal clearances for Indian companies rather than their multinational ...
- Analysis | What the Swiss Vote on Taxes Means for Multinationals Washington Post
Switzerland is trying to hold on to its appeal as an attractive place for companies. In a May 19 referendum, voters will decide whether to accept or reject a new ...
- Sweeten beverage sales with drinkable desserts Restaurant Business Online
Restaurants who want to shake things up and offer their customers memorable and social media-worthy menu choices may want to consider drinkable desserts.
- Celgene Stock Rises After Roche-Partnered Cancer Treatment Gains Accelerated OK Investor's Business Daily
Celgene sweetened the pot for Bristol on Tuesday after its Roche-partnered breast cancer treatment grabbed accelerated approval. Celgene stock rose.
- How to Find the Best Contractor for your Main Line Renovation Mainline Today
The Main Line area just west of Philadelphia offers much to attract today's homebuyer, from fantastic shopping and dining to family-friendly attractions. It's also ...
- How Uber, Lyft, and Taxi Drivers Get Kickbacks in Vegas CityLab
For decades, Vegas night clubs have paid taxi drivers to bring in new customers. Now ride-sharing drivers find that a good hustle can pay off.
- T-Mobile under pressure to sweeten Sprint package The Australian Financial Review
Washington | T-Mobile US suffered a significant setback in its bid for regulatory approval of its takeover of Sprint after failing to win over the US Justice ...
- Scout24 Gets $5.5 Billion Boost to Rival Axel Springer, EBay Bloomberg
Germany's Scout24 AG received a $5.5 billion boost by two U.S. private equity firms as it battles Axel Springer SE and EBay Inc. for dominance of Europe's ...
- Navient Rises as Canyon Says It May Sweeten Rejected Bid Bloomberg
Navient Corp. shares surged after Canyon Capital Advisors LLC said it could boost a $3.1 billion takeover offer that was rejected by the student-loan servicer.
- Trump team weighs surprise tariff cut in hopes of securing China trade deal The Washington Post
The Trump administration is considering eliminating tariffs on billions of dollars of Chinese imports to spur progress toward a trade deal, less than two weeks ...
- CMP sweetens its offer for approval of transmission corridor, to $258 million Press Herald
In confidential documents, the power company and its partners offer incentives over 40 years if regulators approve the 145-mile project through western Maine.
- This source of tax-free cash can sweeten or ruin your retirement CNBC
You just might have a pot of tax-free cash among your assets. It's your permanent life insurance policy. Here's the right way and the wrong way to use it.
- Sears to Stay Open Another Week; Auction Set for Monday The New York Times
After a flurry of last-minute negotiations, Sears, which filed for bankruptcy protection in October, will live on for at least another week. The deal, announced on ...
- Blankfein Ignores Bank News to Help Push Daughter-in-Law's Business Bloomberg
Boy, I really miss my old job,” Lloyd Blankfein sarcastically tweeted last week as lawmakers grilled current bank CEOs on Capitol Hill.
- It’s Not the Stuff of a Playful BuzzFeed Quiz The New York Times
“Do You Still Have a Job at BuzzFeed?” For about 220 BuzzFeed employees, the answer to the question posed by that quiz, which was posted on the BuzzFeed ...
- As companies sweeten dividend payouts, this is what investors need to know CNBC
Companies are raising their dividends at a record pace, and the average increase is about 14%. Tax reform has fueled the trend.
- Fox Regional Sports Network sale nears conclusion as final round bids come due April 15 Fox Business
The sale of the 21 Fox regional sports networks (RSNs) is finally nearing an end with bankers telling companies the third and final round of bids are due April ...
- Ex-BuzzFeed Writer Publishes ‘Unionize Your Media Company’ BuzzFeed Quiz Mediaite
As BuzzFeed continues to face backlash for laying off roughly 200 employees, an ex-writer weaponized the company's famed quizzes against them and ...