ShearShare is the first global marketplace that connects salon and barbershop owners to independent stylists to fill empty salon chairs on demand. As a pioneer in the beauty-tech space, ShearShare was founded by veteran salon owners and master stylists out of “shear necessity” as they were trying to solve their own excess capacity problem.
Sign up for the Moguldom newsletter — business news you need to know about economic empowerment for the digital age, delivered to your inbox.
- Steve Case on why he's investing more in startups outside of Silicon Valley and New York Business Insider
At IGNITION 2018, AOL founder Steve Case explains why his venture capital firm Revolution invests in startups outside of Silicon Valley and New York.
- WATCH LIVE: Sallie Krawcheck, Ray Dalio, and more speak at IGNITION right now Business Insider
IGNITION is Business Insider's flagship conference featuring the biggest names in business, tech, and media.
- Support Creates Successful Black Female Entrepreneurs BlackNews.com
Becoming a successful black entrepreneur isn't easy, but with support & inspiration, more successful black female entrepreneurs are making their mark every ...
- DI People: Humphreys Appoints Dimmer as CEO; Signify Names Jasser Chief Medical Officer, EVP dallasinnovates.com
Across North Texas, companies are promoting and hiring people to take on leadership positions within their organizations. Dallas Innovates covers prominent ...
- This App Lets Salons And Stylists Cut More Hair And Bigger Paychecks Fast Company
ShearShare, which lets freelance stylists rent out unused salon space, sees an opportunity to help the beauty and grooming industry adapt to the gig economy.
- ShearShare Is Gaining Traction, Proving Beauty Is a Beast in Business Tech.Co
Several months ago, ShearShare took home the title of Startup of the Year. Now working with 500 Startups, we checked in to see how they've been progressing.
- ShearShare wins $100K in Diversity & Inclusion Investment Challenge Black Enterprise
ShearShare, a platform that connects salon and barbershop owners to independent stylists to fill unused suites and stations on-demand, recently won $100K in ...
- The ShearShare Power Couple Takes Their Startup to The Next Level Black Enterprise
ShearShare founders talk taking their business to the next level by giving stylists' access to stubs, tax savings accounts, and business taxes.
- For Women And Non-White Entrepreneurs, The Idea Comes Easy — The Money Does Not KERA News
Starting a successful business requires a great idea, paying customers and access to capital if you want it to grow. The business world is tough, but even tougher ...
- FreshBooks and Fidelity Labs Announce Winners of First Reshape the World Challenge Business Wire
FreshBooks, the #1 invoicing and accounting software in the cloud designed exclusively for self-employed professionals and their teams, in collaborati.
- McKinney couple wants to cut obstacles for cosmetologists, stylists with ShearShare Dallas News
THE CONNECTORS: Conversations with visionaries, investors and entrepreneurs from North Texas who are making a mark in the business world. Tye and ...
- ShearShare On-Demand Salon Space Rental App - News SalonToday
ShearShare, an app-based global marketplace with listings in more than 300 cities and 11 countries, allows licensed beauty and barbering professionals to rent ...
- Mark Cuban, Cindy Robbins, and more: new IGNITION speakers INSIDER
Prolific entrepreneur Mark Cuban will return to the stage after speaking at 2014's event. He'll be joined by Felicity Conrad and Kristen Sonday, the cofounders of ...
- ShearShare Snags Win in Capital Factory Diversity Challenge dallasinnovates.com
ShearShare founders Courtney and Tye Caldwell won $100,000 in the Dallas Diversity & Inclusion Investment Challenge Tuesday evening, clearing the way for ...
- Learn why billionaire AOL cofounder Steve Case is investing in companies outside the major coastal startup hubs at IGNITION 2018 Business Insider
For the past four years, AOL cofounder and entrepreneur Steve Case has been focused on an investing approach and seed fund he calls "Rise of the Rest," ...
- Capital Factory, Dallas Entrepreneur Center and DivInc Award $100,000 to ShearShare of Dallas Silicon Hills News
In Dallas, ShearShare, a startup that created an app to allow barbers and hair stylists to rent salon space on the fly, won $100,000 in a diversity investment ...
- ShearShare New Partnership Simplifies the Financials for Solo Artists - News SalonToday
ShearShare, a global marketplace that allows salon and barbershop owners to rent their excess suites and booths to licensed cosmetologists and barbers on ...
- Meet the 2018 Women in Technology Awards honorees Dallas Business Journal
For the 5th annual Women in Technology Awards, the Dallas Business Journal will honor 25 leaders that are making a difference through technology at their ...
- Dr. Tye and Courtney Caldwell give beauty pros freedom with ShearShare Rolling Out
ShearShare let's aspiring beauty professionals rent salon space whenever, wherever for ultimate freedom in the style seat.
- Prepare for 2019 with the world's brightest business minds: Join us at IGNITION in New York Business Insider South Africa
Prepare for the year ahead with insights from today's brightest minds. Join us at Business Insider's flagship conference, IGNITION: Media, Technology ...
- Capital Factory exec sees more Dallas family offices investing in tech startups Dallas Business Journal
Dallas technology startups are attracting more investments from the area's strata of wealthy family offices, according to a partner in the newly opened arm of ...
- Follow the Money: Wildcat Capital Leads $11M Raise, KonaTel Reaches $1.3M Goal, Upventur Buys Yonder dallasinnovates.com
Wildcat Capital Management of Fort Worth led an $11 million Series C financing round as part of a $15 million raise for Sacramento, California-based ...
- Announcing IGNITION 2018 speakers: Don't miss Mark Cuban, Sir Martin Sorrell, Danica Patrick, Troy Carter, and more! Business Insider
Prepare for the year ahead with insights from today's brightest minds. Join us at Business Insider's flagship conference, IGNITION: Media, Technology ...
- ShearShare Founders Kill It at Startup Grind in Silicon Valley Black Enterprise
Tye and Courtney Campbell are tech entrepreneurs. They just unveiled their app at Startup Grind. Black Enterprise catches up with the couple.
- Austin-Based Accelerator Capital Factory to Open First Dallas Location D Magazine
Capital Factory got a taste of Dallas in August when it joined forces with the Dallas Entrepreneur Center with a shared goal of growing Texas' startup and ...
- D CEO's Women's Leadership Symposium Speakers Announced D Magazine
Reserve your seat today for D CEO magazine's third annual Women's Leadership Symposium at 7:30 a.m. until 12:30 p.m. on May 31, 2018 at the Hilton Anatole ...
- Black History's Hidden Figures That Inspired Today's Innovators Fast Company
Five groundbreaking black innovators you should know, and the modern entrepreneurs they inspired.
- After 500 Startups, ShearShare Plans Silicon Valley Move Tech.Co
After taking home TechCo's title of Startup of the Year, ShearShare headed to 500 Startups. Here's what they learned, and how they are plan for the future.
- 3 Bad Habits CEOs Picked Up In 2017 And How They Plan To Break Them Fast Company
Six CEOs share the least productive behaviors and blind spots they acquired over the past 12 months. On the agenda for 2018? Self-care and unplugging.
- Married Couple to Pitch Their Startup at Startup Grind Black Enterprise
Tye and Courtney Caldwell are co-founders of ShearShare, an app that pairs professional stylists, cosmetologists and other beauty professionals with salon ...
- Gigging It In An Age of Skepticism Forbes
It's an interesting time for freelancers. For many independent workers, it's obvious that self-employment is more than a passing fad, but recent headlines have all ...
- Join us at IGNITION: Media, Technology & Transformation! INSIDER
Our ninth annual IGNITION: Media, Technology & Transformation conference is just six weeks away, happening at Spring Studios in New York City, December ...
- This VC firm just made its 50th investment in underrepresented founders Mashable
Backstage Capital launched with a mission: to support underrepresented founders and to invest in 100 of them by 2020. Almost two years after getting off the ...
- Former entrepreneur investing skills in next generation's founders of companies Dallas Business Journal
Bryan Chambers is using his experience as an entrepreneur to teach students at the University of Texas at Dallas how companies are founded.
- 7 Best Venture Capitalists for Black Entrepreneurs Black Enterprise
These venture capitalists are not only some of the top investors but many of them are committed to spending dollars with black-owned businesses.
- 5 Beauty Tech Companies Founded by Black Entrepreneurs Black Enterprise
In a world dominated by mobile applications, here are some standouts in the beauty industry that were created by black entrepreneurs.
- Dallas Mayor Mike Rawlings: Startups Are Setting the Tone for the City D Magazine
Mayor Mike Rawlings saluted startups at the State of Entrepreneurship Wednesday evening for re-energizing the city, celebrating diversity, and providing one ...
- Google picks Durham startup Fathom to participate in Demo Day WRAL Tech Wire
DURHAM - Fathom, a startup focusing on development of wearable-enabled AI system to mitigate injury risk through personalized athletic training, will be going.
- Black, queer and female: VC founder starts her 'own league' CNN
Arlan Hamilton's firm Backstage Capital is dedicated to funding underrepresented founders who identify as LGBTQ, women and people of color.
- Oska Wellness Wins TechCo's 2017 Startup of the Year Competition TechCo
Oska Wellness, a health-tech, wearable pain relief device startup based out of Carlsbad, CA, is the 2017 Startup of the Year winner. The announcement,
- LaunchPad Director Wins Tech Titans Award for Seed Fund Efforts - News Center University of Texas at Dallas
Sept. 17, 2018. It was always his dream class — a class he wishes he could have taken in college. portrait of Chambers inside Blackstone LaunchPad ...
- Capital Factory Officially Moves into its First Dallas Space dallasinnovates.com
The Dallas startup scene has a new hub as Capital Factory has moved into its first Dallas location on Oak Lawn Avenue. Capital Factory, which bills itself as the ...
- Entrepreneurs Make Their Pitch on the Big Stage at Big Idea Competition - News Center University of Texas at Dallas
Dec. 14, 2017. Two attendees take a selfie together. Veena Somareddy, co-founder of NeuroRehab VR, delivers the winning presentation at the 2017 Big Idea ...
- Pitch Perfect: North Texas Events Boosting Entrepreneurial Ideas dallasinnovates.com
Here's a list of some of the notable pitch events last year. Check DallasInnovates.com for upcoming dates for 2018. Codelaunch. CodeLaunch is the seed ...
- 500 Startups Announces Batch 19, Introduces New Acceleration Programme Inc42 Magazine
Dave McClure-led California-based 500 Startups, an early-stage seed fund startup accelerator has announced its 19th batch. In a blogpost founder Dave ...
- Here’s the 19th batch of 500 Startups companies TechCrunch
500 Startups just wrapped up its 18th batch of company launches last month — which means it's already looking forward to the next one. This time around, in its ...
- Heartland Tech Weekly: Preparing the trucking industry for driverless vehicles VentureBeat
Tech companies and automobile makers don't really know yet what a trucking job will look like when drivers no longer have to take the wheel.
- 7 Leading Companies Fighting Back Against Racism Post Charlottesville Black Enterprise
7 prominent corporations that have joined the #Resistance movement to combat white supremacy in wake of the deadly tragedy in Charlottesville.
- Who Will Be TechCo's 2017 Startup of the Year? Tech.Co
These startups from around the world need your vote to get to the semi-finals of TechCo's 2017 Startup of the Year competition.
- Watch 500 Startups Demo Day today TechCrunch
TechCrunch is pleased to bring you 500 Startups Demo Day today, February 15th at 12:00pm to 3:00pm PST. If you are just tuning in, 500 Startups is an ...
- Patti LaBelle, Yolanda Adams, Hill Harper to Speak at Black Enterprise Entrepreneurs Summit Eurweb.com
*Patti LaBelle, Yolanda Adams and Hill Harper are among the keynote speakers lined up for Black Enterprise's 2017 Entrepreneurs Summit hosted by ...
- 10 Unique Black Women-Owned Tech Startups Black Enterprise
Here are ten black women-owned tech startups, which represent the height of innovation.
- 16 Ways Leading Entrepreneurial Women Balance Work and Life Tech.Co
For both International Women's Day and Day Without a Woman, we spoke to 16 entrepreneurial women on the balance of work and life.
- Claim It! App Founder Got Idea for App While Living on the Streets Black Enterprise
Ali Abdullah finds success with a brilliant tech marketing idea.The app is Claim It! and its founder, Ali Abdullah is also generating buzz.
- Medical VR Startup Takes First at UTD Big Idea Competition dallasinnovates.com
From giving attraction maps the augmented reality treatment via a mobile app to an unmanned aerial system capable of monitoring air quality, University of ...
- The Top 50 Startups at Innovate! and Celebrate 2016 Tech.Co
Tech.Co is hosting Innovate! and Celebrate 2016 in late September. And the Startup of the Year competition features 50 startups from around the world.
- Enterprise Resource Planning Software – Streamlines and Scales Business Processes Virtual-Strategy Magazine
Exact-ERP-Software Listed UnderTags:* Enterprise Resource Planning* Erp Software Systems* ERP Software noidaIndustry:* SoftwareLocation:* Noida - Uttar ...
- Admincontrol adds another seasoned Director to the Board Virtual-Strategy Magazine
1 2 Charlie Horrell Christian Petersen - CEO Admincontrol OSLO, Norway - June 9, 2017 - PRLog -- Admincontrol, a leading provider of Board Portals and ...
- University Officially Marks Launch of New Space for Entrepreneurs - News Center - The University University of Texas at Dallas
May 18, 2017. The ribbon-cutting for UT Dallas Blackstone Launchpad included (back row, from left Bill Stein, (on the dais, far left) senior managing director of ...
- 8-Year-Old Nia Mya Reese Writes Best-Selling Book About Her 'Annoying' Brother Black Enterprise
At just 8 years old, Nia Mya Reese has officially become a best-selling author, which is no easy feat for an adult, let alone a child. Reese, a third-grader from ...
- BC in the Cloud Debuts in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for BCPS, Worldwide Virtual-Strategy Magazine
Listed UnderTags:• Business Continuity• Disaster Recovery• Business PlanningIndustry:• TechnologyLocation:• Eagleville - Pennsylvania - USSubject:•
- 5 Finalists Announced In Innovate! and Celebrate Startup of the Year Competition Tech.Co
These are Tech.co's finalists for the 2016 Startup of the Year competition.
- Google and Bing Sued for False Advertisement Virtual-Strategy Magazine
1 2 3 Google,Bing sued by Titob Titob Loading Titob main SEOUL, South Korea - June 19, 2017 - PRLog -- Choi, Titob's chief executive, claimed for damages in.
- Voyager Maritime Alliance Group (VMAG) partners with 1 Touch Designs Virtual-Strategy Magazine
Advanced level programming *service* with 'best of breed' practices Listed UnderTags:• AV Automation• Marine Electronics• Systems IntegrationIndustry:•
- GIS Cloud Crowdsourcing Solution Released Virtual-Strategy Magazine
1 2 3 4 5 GIS Cloud Crowdsourcing Solution Crowdsourcing Solution Branded Mobile Application Crowdsourcing Solution Public Web Application ...
- AKO Enterprise Services Contract Award for the US Army Virtual-Strategy Magazine
EC2M_Logo_300dpi Listed UnderTag:* AwardIndustry:* TechnologyLocation:* Gainesville - Virginia - USSubject:* AwardsGAINESVILLE, Va. - April 28, 2017 ...
- Wi-Fi Technology is Due for a Major Paradigm Shift Toward More Scalable Solutions — Jon Walkenhorst, CTO Technicolor Connected Home Virtual-Strategy Magazine
Jon Walkenhurst, Technicolor LAS VEGAS – April 24, 2017 – PRLog — NAB 2017 – In a podcast interview for journalists, Jon Walkenhorst, CTO of Technicolor's ...
- Finxera Receives SOC 2 Type I Attestation, HIPAA Security Rule Compliance Report, and PCI Repo Virtual-Strategy Magazine
Listed UnderTags:• Hipaa• Payment Solutions• Payment Card IndustryIndustry:• SoftwareLocation:• San Jose - California - USSubject:• WebsitesSAN JOSE, ...
- Technicolor's Brian Jentz Explains How New Over-The-Air and Over-The-Top Services Create New HDR Opportunities for Broadcasters Virtual-Strategy Magazine
Brian Jentz, Technicolor LAS VEGAS – April 24, 2017 – PRLog — NAB 2017 — New devices like the Android TV-based AirTV devices that integrate over-the-air ...
- Grand Launch of AlphaOne, Amritsar -- Richa Katiyar PRLog.Org (press release)
Grand Launch of AlphaOne, Amritsar. Over 150000 People Throng AlphaOne, Amritsar At the Grand Weekend Launch of Punjab's Largest Retail, Entertainment ...