Localeur is a community of locals who share recommendations on their favorite places to eat, drink and play to help travelers experience local in their cities. Unlike review sites like Yelp, Localeur has an exclusive community of local insiders who share authentic recommendations on places in the cities they live in, not the ones they visit.
Launched before SXSW 2013, Localeur was dubbed one of the top mobile apps of SXSW by Digital Trends and an “A-Lister” by SXSW and the Greater Austin Chamber of Commerce. Austin Monthly deemed Localeur the “Best New Startup” for 2013.
“Hoping to follow in the steps of established travel review sites such as TripAdvisor and Yelp, Localeur a new travel startup launched…The site will focus on the needs of Millennial travelers by using local recommendations from a selected community of local insiders.” – Black Enterprise
- Match strikes deal with Austin startup to help business travelers find love Dallas Business Journal
Dallas-based Match Group Inc. is working with Ausitn's Localeur to provide recommendations for the best romantic rendezvous in U.S. cities popular for ...
- Date Hotspots For Frequent Travelers Looking For Romance Black Enterprise
Dating while on the fly is becoming more and more popular, which is why Match and Localeur have teamed up to share the top date spots in 10 different cities ...
- Food Startups, Tech, and Tim Ferriss: Why Austin Is a Surprising Haven for Forward-Thinking Startups Inc.
Austin, Inc.'s No. 1 Surge City, is as dynamic as it is surprising. These four Austin locals (and a recent transplant) represent the thriving parts of the city, as well as ...
- Austin's Localeur, Millennial-Focused Travel Startup, Hits 100 Cities Xconomy
Austin---Localeur, a travel recommendation startup, is celebrating its (nearly) fifth anniversary by announcing its 100th city. The Austin startup focuses.
- How the Favorite DJ of Top Celebrities Became a Startup Investor Inc.
Mick Batyske shares three critical lessons on startup investing and entrepreneurship learned from over a decade of spinning for top celebrities, entrepreneurs, ...
- Localeur Raises $3 Million to Help Travelers Find Spots Where Locals Hang Black Enterprise
Have you ever visited a new location and wanted to know the cool spots where the locals hang? Well, Localeur can help you with that.
- Austin travel startup Localeur continues growth, now operating in 100 cities Austin American-Statesman
Ever wonder what locals do for fun when you're visiting a new city?Austin-based startup Localeur, an online travel guide, wants to help travelers get away from ...
- Joah Spearman Is Ready to Take Off Austin Monthly
Raised by a single mom, Joah Spearman rarely had the opportunity to travel. Once he got the bug for adventure, he wanted to help others have authentic travel ...
- Tech Companies Are Thriving in Austin--the Hard Way Inc.com
Texas's capital has a reputation for being a difficult environment for startup funding. So when the time comes, how do companies in the city handle finding ...
- New Survey Shows How People Have Branched Out In Their Dating Parade
Picture this: You're on a business trip, sitting in a hotel lobby and typing away. Suddenly, you see someone across the room. Your eyes lock. You both smile.
- Watch: Let's talk about diversity in tech The Texas Tribune
We're livestreaming our conversation in Austin on demography, inclusion, innovation and social entrepreneurship, moderated by the Tribune's Evan Smith.
- The Path to Better Problem-Solving Thrive Global
How becoming a more effective decision-maker can change your life.
- 11 Travel and Hospitality Startups to Watch in 11 Cities American Inno
Through digital media, events, data and more, American Inno is building the largest network of local innovation, cultivating engaged startup, tech and ...
- Untapped Opportunity: Minority Founders Still Being Overlooked Crunchbase News
Maybe the VC community is tired of hearing about it; certainly, there are plenty of people who are tired of dealing with it. And yet, the funding landscape for ...
- Here’s How To Book A Last-Minute Vacation Like A Pro Refinery29
We all know that planning a trip at the last minute isn't the smartest financial strategy out there. With limited time to spare, bargain-hunting is hardly a first priority.
- Houston among top cities for singles who date while traveling for work Houston Chronicle
With the introduction of smarter technology and a millennial workforce, traveling for work is becoming increasingly common. But that doesn't mean young ...
- Houston a top city for singles who date while traveling for business KTRK-TV
HOUSTON, Texas -- It's an all-too-familiar dilemma that plagues single business travelers. The hotel pay-per-view is blah - as is the room *service* chicken caesar ...
- Meet the 35 UT alums behind some of Austin's leading tech companies Built In Austin
Direct access to the talented minds pouring out from the University of Texas at Austin has been a driving force behind the growth of the Austin tech ecosystem.
- Austin-Based Travel Startup Localeur Expands to Add Houston Black Enterprise
With a successful launch inÂ Austin, TXÂ since its debut at South by Southwest Festival,Â Localeur today announced plans to expand intoÂ HoustonÂ onÂ May ...
- Journal Profile: Meet Austin serial entrepreneur Joah Spearman; for him, it isn't about the money Austin Business Journal
Like a superstar athlete who takes a hometown discount to keep a championship-contending team together, the leader and creator of Localeur Inc. has chosen ...
- In the money May 14: Nearly $15M raised by Austin startups fighting cancer and simplifying road toll payments Austin Business Journal
A startup that fights cancer with gene therapy and two travel-focused companies were among the businesses that obtained funding in the past week. Plus, a fund ...
- Austin Tech Events to Attend in May Silicon Hills News
May 1-2. FUND Conference. When: May 1st and May 2nd. Where: Fairmount Hotel in Downtown Austin. Why: FUND Conference hosts an event in Austin ...
- Alamo Angels invests in tech startup that projects VC burn rate San Antonio Business Journal
The startups leader went through the Techstars StartupNext program in April 2016.
- 3 Atlanta professionals on how they get the job done without setting foot in an office Atlanta Magazine
The Digital Nomad | Larry Luk Head of brand and design, Localeur. I do creative work, and I'm not always creative nine-to-five. I experienced burnout when I was ...
- Localeur Doubles Team, Introduces New Advisory Board PR Newswire
AUSTIN, Texas, Dec. 1, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Localeur, a community of locals who share their favorite places to eat, drink and play with millennial travelers, ...
- Entrepreneurs criticize Austin's funding scene Austin Business Journal
The missives reiterate a common complaint among local startups: There is seed funding aplenty in Central Texas but a lack of investment capital for businesses ...
- Slowdown for Apple could ripple through Austins tech sector Austin American-Statesman
Weakening demand for the iPhone is creating some concern for Apple suppliers with major Austin operations.Apple recently lowered its quarterly revenue ...
- Entrepreneurs to launch Austin travel advice website Localeur Austin Business Journal
A couple of Austin entrepreneurs plan to launch Friday a website designed to enable users to capitalize on the expertise of local residents when visiting selected ...
- Divvy Raises $10.5 Million to Tame Expense Reports: Travel Startup Funding This Week Skift
Divvy, an expense management startup based in Lehi, Utah, enables all company employees to have a virtual or actual company credit card and replaces the ...
- Paying Freelancers With Equity Shares: An Idea For Bootstrapping Startups Fast Company
For new startups, hiring employees can be too steep a cost to shoulder. A platform that allows them to bring on freelancers as partial owners aims to solve that ...
- Alamo Angels Aims to Expand Investing Footprint as Dizon Takes Helm Xconomy
San Antonio--- Cat Dizon recently met with the founders of a San Antonio startup focused on cancer research, a complicated area of healthcare that is more.
- In town for one night? Here's where you should go out in SF and Oakland SFGate
There's a new list of recommended date spots around the Bay Area — and this isn't your typical roundup. Match and Localeur, a travel recommendations app, ...
- Executive Director of Alamo Angels Resigns to Focus on Seed Fund Job Xconomy
San Antonio---Cat Dizon is stepping down from her role as executive director of Alamo Angels, the angel investing network in San Antonio founded in 2016.
- Georgia a possible contender for Apple expansion? Atlanta Journal Constitution
Apple us gearing up for a major U.S. expansion of 20000 jobs and billions in investment.
- Startup Diversity Pledge Takes National Aim After Start in Austin Xconomy
Austin---There's a diversity initiative in Austin that's gaining interest: The Startup Diversity and Inclusion Pledge has now been signed by some 50.
- Travel App Tuesday: Get Locals' Recommendations With Localeur International Business Times
This app promises the inside scoop on local favorites in 16 cities around the United States.
- Capital Factory in Houston, Austin Startup Funding, & More TX Tech Xconomy
Let's catch up with the latest innovation news in Texas. ---Austin's Capital Factory has announced a new partnership with The Cannon in Houston, one that.
- Five Questions For: Joah Spearman, Founder of Austin's Localeur Xconomy
Austin—The tech community in Austin, TX, takes great pride in its reputation as an innovation hub. So when Joah Spearman, co-founder and CEO of online city ...
- TXV Partners Launches In Austin With Focus On Millenials, GenZ Crunchbase News
Since Austin Ventures closed up shop in 2015, the city has seen a flurry of firms moving from other cities, launching new offices, or opening a secondary office to ...
- San Antonio angel investor group shifts gears with new name after first year San Antonio Business Journal
The early-stage seed capital investors network reflects on the past year and plans a new path in 2018.
- New Startup Group Aims to Encourage Women Founders to Be Brazen Xconomy
Dallas---Jasmin Brand says organizations geared to support women founders tend to focus on personal rather than professional development. “It always.
- Apps Especially Useful for Retirees New York Times
Many smartphone applications can be particularly useful to retirees with time to manage their lives and pursuits. The apps listed below can help keep track of ...
- 5 influential black entrepreneurs every Austinite should know about CultureMap Austin
Since the recent uptick in the success of black entrepreneurs in Austin, business has continued to boom for several homegrown brands. It is evident that Aust.
- Austin Startup Funding, M&A and VC Activity: March 2019 American Inno
March was a month of acquisitions in the Austin tech scene. Georgetown, Texas-based agile development software maker AgileCraft to picked up for $166 ...
- 10 Cool Must Own Travel Apps Forbes Now
Whether you are looking for the next place to visit or just arrived, these must own travel apps can improve the quality of your trip. As you will see, there is a travel ...
- Localeur Secures $4.2 million in Funding Silicon Hills News
Localeur, a travel recommendation *service* aimed at millennials, has raised nearly $4.2 million of a $4.6 million offering from 43 investors, according to papers ...
- Backstage Capital looks to raise $36 million for black female founders ImpactAlpha
ImpactAlpha, May 8 – Arlan Hamilton's venture capital firm Backstage Capital has made a specialty of investing in underrepresented entrepreneurs to level the ...
- Must Have Travel Apps and Tech for Your Devices Small Business Trends
If you're hitting the road for business this summer, you're going to want to arm yourself with some must have travel apps and tech for your devices. That's right ...
- You live in one of America's coolest cities Orlando Business Journal
A desire to be part of the cool crowd lasts long after high school and many cities are fulfilling people's dreams of living in a hip and fun location.
- Localeur Provides Local Experience for Travelers Silicon Hills News
“We have a fundamental belief that the future of travel is local, and we're going to beat everyone there,” says Joah Spearman, Co-Founder and CEO of Localeur, ...
- Announcing the 8th Annual Fast Company Grill: An Exclusive Destination in Austin, March 9–12, 2018 Business Wire
AUSTIN, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Fast Company will host its eighth-annual Fast Company Grill in Austin, from March 9 to March 12. The exclusive four-day ...
- Austin Startup Funding, Acquisitions and VC Activity May 2018 American Inno
The Austin tech ecosystem closed out spring and opened up summer with a strong flow of funding and acquisition activity. Roughly 15 startups landed significant ...
- Zion in Atlanta would be a win for the culture The Undefeated
Don't try to tease Atlanta with a good time. It is, after all, the city that birthed the phrase “turn up.” Whose residents bear the name of a genre-shifting rap…
- Austin Monthly - April 2019 - Austin, TX Austin Monthly
Learn about the history of these beautiful public works of art. By Sarah Thurmond | Photography by Zoe MacDonough and Kristin Zaccaria ...
- #BlackBizMatters: 10 Black-Owned Counterparts to Your Favorite Tech Black Enterprise
Apps and services such as Airbnb and Handy, do have black-owned counterparts as does some tech hardware. Here is a list of black-owned tech companies.
- What's Cooking At The 2018 Fast Company Grill In Austin Fast Company
If you're headed to Austin, Texas, this weekend, swing by the eighth-annual Fast Company Grill at Cedar Door, just two blocks from the Austin Convention ...
- Start-ups and the founder’s dilemma Financial Times
When is the right time for an entrepreneur to pull the plug on their start-up? “Never!” is likely to be the knee-jerk response, if you ask one directly. Perhaps they ...
- Austin's VC Scene Leads Texas, But Startups May Start Looking Elsewhere for Funding KUT
There's a big debate happening among Austin entrepreneurs over venture capital in the city – specifically, whether there is enough venture capital flowing.
- Localeur Lists 'Manly Sh*t' in Houston, SF's 'Best Places to Om' Xconomy
Xconomy Texas —. Travel suggestions on the Web abound, but one Austin, TX, startup says it can provide tourists with the inside scoop on a destination through ...
- Advice from 24 of Austin's top leaders: Their management tips, career insight & personal quirks Austin Business Journal
Austin Business Journal's weekly profiles of business and civic leaders are a gold mine of career-building advice and interesting executive anecdotes. We've ...
- Localeur looks to Portland, New Orleans for next markets, plans big 2015 expansion Austin Business Journal
Localeur LLC is expanding to Portland, Oregon and New Orleans and said it plans to nearly double the number of cities it serves by the end of the year.
- The ShearShare Power Couple Takes Their Startup to The Next Level Black Enterprise
ShearShare founders talk taking their business to the next level by giving stylists' access to stubs, tax savings accounts, and business taxes.
- 10 of the best apps for independent travellers The Guardian
Looking for holiday inspiration for 2018? These free smartphone apps mean you can carry insider travel tips for hundreds of destinations in your pocket.
- What happened after we were rejected from YCombinator LinkedIn
I originally posted this on Medium, but got such positive feedback from it, that I wanted to end 2015 by sharing it here on LinkedIn as well. What happened after ...
- 10 influential black Austinites to follow on Instagram right now CultureMap Austin
In less than a decade, social media has permeated almost every aspect of our lives. Memes are exchanged more than phone numbers, algorithms are changing ...
- Top Austin Startups: 18 Tech Startups to Watch in 2018 American Inno
Bumble, CognitiveScale, data.world and SparkCognition are on our list of the 18 most interesting Austin tech startups to watch in 2018.
- Inno Approved: The Top Austin Tech and Startup Events of May 2019 American Inno
We all know that Mother's Day is the most important calendar item of May, followed by Memorial Day. But that leaves a lot of space for Austin's top tech and ...
- How to Save Money By Booking a Last-Minute Vacation | Shape Shape Magazine
Use travel apps and packing tips to book an exciting last minute trip that will forever change your approach to travel.
- These Three Young Black Men Aim to Increase Diversity in Tech Industry Atlanta Black Star
According to data from the National Science Foundation, the number of science, math and engineering bachelor's degrees awarded to Black men increased ...
- News you might have missed: Safer trains coming; Who should pay when it comes to noise complaints? Austin Business Journal
A brief look at some of Austin's economic development news from the past week.
- 8 cool Austin startups you need to know right now CultureMap Austin
Out-of-state technology workers may be flocking to Austin right now, but our city already has its fair share of homegrown tech talent. Recently named the No.
- Top 20 Most Useful Mobile Business Apps For 2015 Marketing Land
During the last two years, I've annually dedicated one of the 12 mobile marketing articles I write for Marketing Land to covering some of the most useful mobile ...
- Two-week ACL Fest means double the dollars - Austin Business Journal Austin Business Journal
Everyone expects the Austin City Limits Festival to be bigger than ever this year. Twice as big in fact, since the festival is expanding to two weekends running ...
- 5 Apps to Help You Travel Like a Local Black Enterprise
Nowadays vacationers and travel enthusiasts are avoiding touristy hot spots to experience city culture from a local point of view.
- 101 Layoffs at Atlassian | Fetch is Moving to Austin American Inno
Though its based in San Francisco, Atlassian has had a big presence in Austin. Aside from big parties during Startup Crawl and other events, it has been a major ...
- With $5.75M Start, Neighborhood Goods to Create Stores Within a Store Xconomy
Dallas---A not-yet-open retailer called Neighborhood Goods announced it has raised $5.75 million to help develop what co-founder Matt Alexander calls the.
- 20 Apps Every New College Grad Should Know About NerdWallet
After college graduation, something as simple as a mobile app can make your future easier to navigate. We've compiled a list of 20 great apps that can help you ...
- The 10 Best Free Apps for Travel Junkies TIME
Odds are you use no more than two travel apps to get from point A to point B, and that's fine — surveys show you're not alone. But consider for a moment these ...
- Your Official and Unofficial Guide to SXSW Interactive 2019 American Inno
In this post, we'll do our best to show you the events we think are the most interesting. We know, it's totally subjective.
- Tech Talk: Five apps that encourage users to leave the house The Bakersfield Californian
Nine months ago, pedestrian traffic crowded sidewalks in downtown Bakersfield and every park in the city.
- Loom helps entrepreneurs lure freelance developers with equity TechCrunch
According to Loom founder Chase White, there's a familiar cycle that tech entrepreneurs go through: When they're first getting started, they sell equity to angel ...
- Austin visit 'inspires' Tim Cook; 4 entrepreneurs get to show off their apps to Apple CEO Austin Business Journal
What this city has done is become a model for tech entrepreneurs,” Cook said. “Austin should just keep doing what it's doing and show everyone what it's doing.
- 5 apps for exploring a new city like a local Mashable
There are some things everybody knows about New Yorkers. They pay exorbitant rents, they worship pizza and they never hang out in Times Square.
- How curated 'micro travel' can create a more personal vacation experience The Globe and Mail
Increasingly, Canadians are foregoing see-everything, do-everything vacation junkets for micro travel: focused, less-frantic itineraries that concentrate on limited ...
- Six U.S. Cities For Tech-Savvy Millennials Forbes
Millennials have taken over the workforce. Here are the tech-friendly cities where members of this demographic should look to ply their trades.
- The Best Travel Apps For 2017 Forbes Now
This year's list of hottest travel apps. From curated, downloadable itineraries to trip organizers, 2017 will be a banner year for technology and travel.
- 7 things to know in San Marcos, Kyle, Buda and Hays County this week, July 17-22 Community Impact Newspaper
Jul 17, 2017: Here are seven news items to note if you live in the San Marcos, Kyle, Buda and Hays County area. 1. The city of San Marcos has implemented ...
- Where the top 500 CEOs spend their time on social media The American Genius
I think it's kind of neat that some of our most renowned, famous, rich (continue with any other superlatives you want to add) CEOs have fan pages and tons of ...
- Industry Spotlight: Pete Gross [Summit] Your EDM
Pete Gross serves as the Director of Music at Summit, a group working to catalyze entrepreneurship, express global issues and create a permanent place for.
- Robbins: 8 apps that can make travel a breeze Calgary Herald
Admittedly, I'm not much of a tech person, so the apps I have in my iPhone have to make the cut. Digital tools can improve your travel experience, but with so ...
- 27 must-have travel apps for every step of your journey The Next Web
Travel is one of the industries that has completely transformed by the smartphone evolution and as a result, there is an abundance of ingenious apps designed ...
- The Most Underrated Labor Day Destinations Forbes
Save money and avoid crowds with these under-the-radar Labor Day hotspots.
- Austin Under 40 finalists set, gala this week at Austin Music Hall Austin Business Journal
The Austin Under 40 Awards reach another milestone as they turn 16 this week.
- The Best Books To Read Right Now, According To LinkedIn's Top Writers MensXP.com
It's quite the task when you have so many great books hitting stands and no idea which ones you absolutely need to grab right away. Which is why, I'm thanking ...
- Airfordable - MogulWatch Moguldom
Airfordable is payment plans for airline tickets. Airfordable allows users to secure tickets with a deposit upfront and pay the remaining balance in bi-weekly ...
- The 11 Best Last-Minute Spring Break Destinations Forbes
It is that time of year. Spring Break. And thanks to social media, it might seem like everyone but you is at the beach. But, if you haven't booked yet, don't despair.
- The 50 Best Apps for Travel in 2017 Travel+Leisure
Choosing the right app can be just as confusing as deciding where to stay or how to get there. So we've combed through dozens of the latest travel apps (and a ...
- SXSW Interactive Guide: The top official SXSW events in 2018 American Inno
Welcome to Austin Inno's list of top SXSW panels and events. This list includes mostly sessions that require a SXSW badge for entry, although be sure to double ...
- Austin Under 40 announces 2014 nominees, including Camille Styles, Paul Qui and Colin Pope CultureMap Austin
Austin Under 40 is shining a light on the most influential young professionals in Austin with the announcement of its 16th annual Austin Under 40 nominees.
- 11 Most Underrated Summer Vacation Destinations Forbes
Skip the high prices, crowds and traffic and hit up these underrated summer destinations instead.