Localeur is a community of locals who share recommendations on their favorite places to eat, drink and play to help travelers experience local in their cities. Unlike review sites like Yelp, Localeur has an exclusive community of local insiders who share authentic recommendations on places in the cities they live in, not the ones they visit.
Launched before SXSW 2013, Localeur was dubbed one of the top mobile apps of SXSW by Digital Trends and an “A-Lister” by SXSW and the Greater Austin Chamber of Commerce. Austin Monthly deemed Localeur the “Best New Startup” for 2013.
“Hoping to follow in the steps of established travel review sites such as TripAdvisor and Yelp, Localeur a new travel startup launched…The site will focus on the needs of Millennial travelers by using local recommendations from a selected community of local insiders.” – Black Enterprise
- Localeur wants to help single business travelers find love with new Match deal Austin Business Journal
The partnership with Match, owner of OKCupid and Tinder, is an intriguing one for homegrown entrepreneur Joah Spearman. Learn what he has to gain from the ...
- Date Hotspots For Frequent Travelers Looking For Romance Black Enterprise
Dating while on the fly is becoming more and more popular, which is why Match and Localeur have teamed up to share the top date spots in 10 different cities ...
- Austin's Localeur, Millennial-Focused Travel Startup, Hits 100 Cities Xconomy
Austin---Localeur, a travel recommendation startup, is celebrating its (nearly) fifth anniversary by announcing its 100th city. The Austin startup focuses.
- Top date spots while traveling on business in Chicago WLS-TV
A joint survey by the dating app Match, and the travel recommendations app Localeur, has found that singles are keeping their love lives alive while traveling.
- Food Startups, Tech, and Tim Ferriss: Why Austin Is a Surprising Haven for Forward-Thinking Startups Inc.
Austin, Inc.'s No. 1 Surge City, is as dynamic as it is surprising. These four Austin locals (and a recent transplant) represent the thriving parts of the city, as well as ...
- Houston a top city for singles who date while traveling for business CultureMap Houston
It's an all-too-familiar dilemma that plagues single business travelers. The hotel pay-per-view is blah — as is the room *service* chicken caesar s.
- 11 Travel and Hospitality Startups to Watch in 11 Cities American Inno
Through digital media, events, data and more, American Inno is building the largest network of local innovation, cultivating engaged startup, tech and ...
- New report finds Illinoisans like to travel — a lot Chicago Tribune
A new report by Digital Third Coast ranks Illinois No. 3 in the nation when it comes to travel.
- How the Favorite DJ of Top Celebrities Became a Startup Investor Inc.
Mick Batyske shares three critical lessons on startup investing and entrepreneurship learned from over a decade of spinning for top celebrities, entrepreneurs, ...
- Tech Companies Are Thriving in Austin--the Hard Way Inc.com
Texas's capital has a reputation for being a difficult environment for startup funding. So when the time comes, how do companies in the city handle finding ...
- Alamo Angels invests in tech startup that projects VC burn rate San Antonio Business Journal
The startups leader went through the Techstars StartupNext program in April 2016.
- Houston among top cities for singles who date while traveling for work Houston Chronicle
With the introduction of smarter technology and a millennial workforce, traveling for work is becoming increasingly common. But that doesn't mean young ...
- Localeur Raises $3 Million to Help Travelers Find Spots Where Locals Hang Black Enterprise
Have you ever visited a new location and wanted to know the cool spots where the locals hang? Well, Localeur can help you with that.
- JCI Simplifies Focus with $13.2B Sale of Car Battery Business Xconomy
The transformation of Johnson Controls International continues. On Tuesday, the company said it reached a deal to sell its power solutions business, which.
- New Survey Shows How People Have Branched Out In Their Dating Parade
Picture this: You're on a business trip, sitting in a hotel lobby and typing away. Suddenly, you see someone across the room. Your eyes lock. You both smile.
- Meet the 35 UT alums behind some of Austin's leading tech companies Built In Austin
Direct access to the talented minds pouring out from the University of Texas at Austin has been a driving force behind the growth of the Austin tech ecosystem.
- Divvy Raises $10.5 Million to Tame Expense Reports: Travel Startup Funding This Week Skift
Divvy, an expense management startup based in Lehi, Utah, enables all company employees to have a virtual or actual company credit card and replaces the ...
- Journal Profile: Meet Austin serial entrepreneur Joah Spearman; for him, it isn't about the money Austin Business Journal
Like a superstar athlete who takes a hometown discount to keep a championship-contending team together, the leader and creator of Localeur Inc. has chosen ...
- In town for one night? Here's where you should go out in SF and Oakland SFGate
There's a new list of recommended date spots around the Bay Area — and this isn't your typical roundup. Match and Localeur, a travel recommendations app, ...
- TXV Partners Launches In Austin With Focus On Millenials, GenZ Crunchbase News
Since Austin Ventures closed up shop in 2015, the city has seen a flurry of firms moving from other cities, launching new offices, or opening a secondary office to ...
- Travel App Localeur Raises an Additional $500000 from Angel Investors Black Enterprise
Recently the company announced it now has funding from five Texas-based angel groups.
- Alamo Angels Aims to Expand Investing Footprint as Dizon Takes Helm Xconomy
San Antonio—[Corrected 9/19/18, 8:15 a.m. See below.] Cat Dizon recently met with the founders of a San Antonio startup focused on cancer research, ...
- Austin Startup Funding, Acquisitions and VC Activity May 2018 American Inno
The Austin tech ecosystem closed out spring and opened up summer with a strong flow of funding and acquisition activity. Roughly 15 startups landed significant ...
- Paying Freelancers With Equity Shares: An Idea For Bootstrapping Startups Fast Company
For new startups, hiring employees can be too steep a cost to shoulder. A platform that allows them to bring on freelancers as partial owners aims to solve that ...
- Announcing the 8th Annual Fast Company Grill: An Exclusive Destination in Austin, March 9–12, 2018 Business Wire
AUSTIN, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Fast Company will host its eighth-annual Fast Company Grill in Austin, from March 9 to March 12. The exclusive four-day ...
- Georgia a possible contender for Apple expansion? Atlanta Journal Constitution
Apple us gearing up for a major U.S. expansion of 20000 jobs and billions in investment.
- Localeur Doubles Team, Introduces New Advisory Board PR Newswire
AUSTIN, Texas, Dec. 1, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Localeur, a community of locals who share their favorite places to eat, drink and play with millennial travelers, ...
- Slowdown for Apple could ripple through Austins tech sector Austin American-Statesman
Weakening demand for the iPhone is creating some concern for Apple suppliers with major Austin operations.Apple recently lowered its quarterly revenue ...
- Backstage Capital looks to raise $36 million for black female founders ImpactAlpha
ImpactAlpha, May 8 – Arlan Hamilton's venture capital firm Backstage Capital has made a specialty of investing in underrepresented entrepreneurs to level the ...
- You live in one of America's coolest cities Orlando Business Journal
A desire to be part of the cool crowd lasts long after high school and many cities are fulfilling people's dreams of living in a hip and fun location. Forbes partnered ...
- Five Questions For: Joah Spearman, Founder of Austin's Localeur Xconomy
Austin—The tech community in Austin, TX, takes great pride in its reputation as an innovation hub. So when Joah Spearman, co-founder and CEO of online city ...
- San Antonio angel investor group shifts gears with new name after first year San Antonio Business Journal
About a year after local investors created the San Antonio Angel Network, the organization is changing its name and adding to its mission for 2018. Now called ...
- Austin Inno Tech Madness Round 1 Winners American Inno
The first round of voting in Austin Inno's Tech Madness bracket challenge are in. And there are a ton of big upsets, with 25,000-plus votes cast in round one.
- 10 Cool Must Own Travel Apps Forbes Now
Whether you are looking for the next place to visit or just arrived, these must own travel apps can improve the quality of your trip. As you will see, there is a travel ...
- Capital Factory in Houston, Austin Startup Funding, & More TX Tech Xconomy
Let's catch up with the latest innovation news in Texas. ---Austin's Capital Factory has announced a new partnership with The Cannon in Houston, one that.
- What's Cooking At The 2018 Fast Company Grill In Austin Fast Company
Chow down and drink up at the Fast Company Grill at Cedar Door, just two blocks from the Austin Convention Center. We're open March 9-12.
- ClimaCell Grabs $45M for Weather Data for Airlines, Driverless Cars Xconomy
Aviation, public utilities, and insurance are among the old-line industries that rely on accurate weather forecasts and monitoring to make crucial decisions for ...
- 5 influential black entrepreneurs every Austinite should know about CultureMap Austin
Since the recent uptick in the success of black entrepreneurs in Austin, business has continued to boom for several homegrown brands. It is evident that Aust.
- 5 Apps to Help You Travel Like a Local Black Enterprise
Nowadays vacationers and travel enthusiasts are avoiding touristy hot spots to experience city culture from a local point of view.
- New Startup Group Aims to Encourage Women Founders to Be Brazen Xconomy
Dallas---Jasmin Brand says organizations geared to support women founders tend to focus on personal rather than professional development. “It always.
- How to Save Money By Booking a Last-Minute Vacation Shape Magazine
Use travel apps and packing tips to book an exciting last minute trip that will forever change your approach to travel.
- Entrepreneurs Thinking Inside the Box Xconomy
Hackathons usually involve thinking outside of the box. But for myself and four other MIT students, brainstorming, eating, and sleeping inside a 16-foot.
- With $23M in Hand, Rock River Shifts from Fundraising to Investing Xconomy
A young Wisconsin venture capital firm has raised more than $23 million for its first fund, and plans to soon begin drawing on the pool of money to back.
- Localeur Secures $4.2 million in Funding Silicon Hills News
Localeur, a travel recommendation *service* aimed at millennials, has raised nearly $4.2 million of a $4.6 million offering from 43 investors, according to papers ...
- Boston Tech Watch: Nantucket, Lionbridge, Nano-C, Barac & Quick Base Xconomy
Nantucket entrepreneurs welcome, and acquisitions abound. There are also new owners, new offices and new money in the bank for Boston-area technology.
- Tech Events in Austin, Houston Promote Women Founders' Success Xconomy
Austin---The oft-quoted “pipeline” issue---that there aren't enough qualified women or people from other underrepresented groups available to create.
- 10 of the best apps for independent travellers The Guardian
Looking for holiday inspiration for 2018? These free smartphone apps mean you can carry insider travel tips for hundreds of destinations in your pocket.
- Boston Tech Watch: Gradifi, Numerated, Jibo, Corvus, Botkeeper Xconomy
A wave of cash for finance and insurance tech startups, a robotic assistant goes dark, and a medical transportation startup's move across the Bay State.
- Futures Command, SparkCognition, Student Loan Hero, & More TX Tech Xconomy
Let's get caught up with the latest news from Xconomy Texas. ---Austin will be the new home for the U.S. Army's Futures Command, a technology-focused.
- Localeur Provides Local Experience for Travelers Silicon Hills News
“We have a fundamental belief that the future of travel is local, and we're going to beat everyone there,” says Joah Spearman, Co-Founder and CEO of Localeur, ...
- Apps Especially Useful for Retirees Apps Especially Useful for Retirees New York Times
Many smartphone applications can be particularly useful to retirees with time to manage their lives and pursuits. The apps listed below can help keep track of ...
- Top Austin Startups: 18 Tech Startups to Watch in 2018 American Inno
Bumble, CognitiveScale, data.world and SparkCognition are on our list of the 18 most interesting Austin tech startups to watch in 2018.
- Victory Capital Acquires USAA Investment Arm, Moves to San Antonio Xconomy
San Antonio—An Ohio investment firm that recently announced it would acquire an investment management arm of San Antonio-based USAA is now planning to ...
- 101 Layoffs at Atlassian | Fetch is Moving to Austin American Inno
Though its based in San Francisco, Atlassian has had a big presence in Austin. Aside from big parties during Startup Crawl and other events, it has been a major ...
- Mobile Check-In App OpenKey Raises $8 Million: Travel Startup Funding This Week Skift
It's been a quieter year for mobile check-in and room key news as many hotels are on board and offer this technology to guests. But data show many guests ...
- Austin's VC Scene Leads Texas, But Startups May Start Looking Elsewhere for Funding KUT
There's a big debate happening among Austin entrepreneurs over venture capital in the city – specifically, whether there is enough venture capital flowing.
- #BlackBizMatters: Black-Owned Counterparts to Your Favorite Tech Black Enterprise
Apps and services such as Airbnb and Handy, do have black-owned counterparts as does some tech hardware. Here is a list of black-owned tech companies.
- 8 cool Austin startups you need to know right now CultureMap Austin
Out-of-state technology workers may be flocking to Austin right now, but our city already has its fair share of homegrown tech talent. Recently named the No.
- The Biggest Wisconsin Venture Round of the Decade… Didn't Happen Xconomy
Details surrounding a $127.4 million funding round, which groups that track venture capital investments have said Janesville, WI-based Shine Medical.
- Exits in Austin, Pitch NASA, Diversity in Energy, & More TX Tech Xconomy
Let's catch up with the latest innovation news from Texas. ---Accruent, an Austin-based maker of resource management software, is being acquired by.
- Ford's AV Update, GM's Peer-to-Peer Ridesharing, & More Auto News Xconomy
The “Big Three” Detroit-area automakers have all been making headlines this week. Ford shared more details on its autonomous vehicle division, GM.
- Energy, Real Estate & Other Firms Pledge Capital to HX Venture Fund Xconomy
Houston---Houston Exponential, a group formed last year to boost the city's innovation ecosystem, announced Thursday that its fund of funds has raised $25.
- How curated 'micro travel' can create a more personal vacation experience The Globe and Mail
Increasingly, Canadians are foregoing see-everything, do-everything vacation junkets for micro travel: focused, less-frantic itineraries that concentrate on limited ...
- Six U.S. Cities For Tech-Savvy Millennials Forbes
Millennials have taken over the workforce. Here are the tech-friendly cities where members of this demographic should look to ply their trades.
- LogMeIn to Buy Jive For $342M+, Boost Business Communications Tools Xconomy
LogMeIn is getting more aggressive in the business communications market, inking a deal to acquire Jive Communications for at least $342 million in cash.
- Top 20 Most Useful Mobile Business Apps For 2015 Marketing Land
During the last two years, I've annually dedicated one of the 12 mobile marketing articles I write for Marketing Land to covering some of the most useful mobile ...
- These Three Young Black Men Aim to Increase Diversity in Tech Industry Atlanta Black Star
According to data from the National Science Foundation, the number of science, math and engineering bachelor's degrees awarded to Black men increased ...
- 5 apps for exploring a new city like a local Mashable
There are some things everybody knows about New Yorkers. They pay exorbitant rents, they worship pizza and they never hang out in Times Square.
- Aspect Venture's Jennifer Fonstad on Hot Areas of Tech, Diversity, & More Xconomy
Jennifer Fonstad and Theresia Gouw launched Aspect Ventures with their own money in February 2014—and have hardly looked back. “We closed our first.
- Golden Seeds Seeks to Plant Angel Funds For Women Founders in Houston Xconomy
Houston---Golden Seeds, an angel investing community that focuses on funding women entrepreneurs, has opened a chapter in Houston. The New York-based.
- 45 Great Moments in Black Business – No. 32: Black-Owned Investment Bank Smashes Multibillion-Dollar Corporate Finance Barrier Black Enterprise
For the 45th Anniversary of the BE 100s—the nation's largest black-owned businesses—we share 45 milestone events that have had widespread impact on ...
- Hc1 Snags $7M Series B, Partners with Appriss on Opioid Dashboard Xconomy
Hc1.com, the Indianapolis startup focused on healthcare relationship management and data analytics, recently scored $7 million in new capital to expand.
- Moving On: Dallas Entrepreneur Center Founder Trey Bowles Steps Down Xconomy
Dallas---Five years after founding the Dallas Entrepreneur Center, Trey Bowles is stepping down as its chief executive officer. “What I love to do is.
- 7 Leading Companies Fighting Back Against Racism Post Charlottesville Black Enterprise
7 prominent corporations that have joined the #Resistance movement to combat white supremacy in wake of the deadly tragedy in Charlottesville.
- Austin visit 'inspires' Tim Cook; 4 entrepreneurs get to show off their apps to Apple CEO Austin Business Journal
What this city has done is become a model for tech entrepreneurs,” Cook said. “Austin should just keep doing what it's doing and show everyone what it's doing.
- Must Have Travel Apps and Tech for Your Devices Small Business Trends
If you're hitting the road for business, you're going to want to arm yourself with some must have travel apps from this in-depth list.
- Advice from 24 of Austin's top leaders: Their management tips, career insight & personal quirks Austin Business Journal
Austin Business Journal's weekly profiles of business and civic leaders are a gold mine of career-building advice and interesting executive anecdotes. We've ...
- AI Chip Startup Mythic Reaps $40M from SoftBank, Lockheed Venture Arms Xconomy
Mythic, which last year unveiled its novel computer chip designed for artificial intelligence, announced today that it has raised $40 million in a Series B ...
- DoorDash's $535M Funding Round Means It's Coming to 1000 New Cities Xconomy
DoorDash hit it big with a $535 million Series D round of funding led by Chinese business conglomerate SoftBank Group, the food delivery company ...
- Start-ups and the founder’s dilemma Financial Times
Entrepreneurs who flounder weigh the value of perseverance over yielding to rejection.
- The ShearShare Power Couple Takes Their Startup to The Next Level Black Enterprise
ShearShare founders talk taking their business to the next level by giving stylists' access to stubs, tax savings accounts, and business taxes.
- Geekdom and Alamo Angels Offer “Pre-Accelerator” to Local Startups Xconomy
San Antonio---Co-working space Geekdom and angel network Alamo Angels are launching a “pre-accelerator” program that gives mentorship and advice to ...
- BE Modern Man: Meet 'The Breaux' Ras Asan Olugbenga Black Enterprise
BE Modern Man Ras Asan Olugbenga co-founded BREAUX Capital, the first financial technology company for black male millennials.
- 10 scenes out of the protests at the Austin airport | All MyStatesman.com
Hundreds of protesters gathered outside the Austin-Bergstrom International airport Sunday afternoon to collectively protest President Donald Trump's executive ...
- 7 things to know in San Marcos, Kyle, Buda and Hays County this week, July 17-22 Community Impact Newspaper
Jul 17, 2017: Here are seven news items to note if you live in the San Marcos, Kyle, Buda and Hays County area. 1. The city of San Marcos has implemented ...
- The Best Travel Apps For 2017 Forbes Now
This year's list of hottest travel apps. From curated, downloadable itineraries to trip organizers, 2017 will be a banner year for technology and travel.
- PathAI Grabs $11M to Build AI Tools for Pathology Xconomy
Investors continue to pour millions of dollars into startups attempting to apply artificial intelligence technologies to various problems in healthcare.
- Phoenix Pulls in $12M to Fuel Growth of Neutron Generators Xconomy
Things are accelerating at Phoenix. The Monona, WI-based business, which manufactures particle accelerator-based neutron generators and other machines,
- Remembering Dick Gregory: Comedian, Activist, and Entrepreneur Black Enterprise
Iconic comedian and activist Dick Gregory passed away on Saturday at the age of 84. Beginning his career in 1953, Dick Gregory used his comedy to convey his ...
- Murray Asks Businesses to Help Homeless as Seattle Opposes Trump Xconomy
Washington state's emergence as a capital of resistance to the Trump administration has been abetted by many prominent tech companies. Now Seattle Mayor.
- Sumeru Leads $45M Growth Equity Round in Treasury Fintech Kyriba Xconomy
The venture rounds are over for Kyriba, a cloud-based provider of corporate treasury and financial management software that is based in New York and San.
- Bayer Signs Deal with San Diego's SlantRange to Analyze Farm Data Xconomy
SlantRange, a San Diego startup that specializes in providing agricultural data and analytics for farmers, has landed its first strategic agreement with a.
- Loom helps entrepreneurs lure freelance developers with equity TechCrunch
According to Loom founder Chase White, there's a familiar cycle that tech entrepreneurs go through: When they're first getting started, they sell equity to angel ...
- Why Companies Are Not Startups Xconomy
In the last few years we've recognized that a startup is not a smaller version of a large company. We're now learning that companies are not larger.
- SXSW Interactive Guide: The top official SXSW events in 2018 American Inno
Welcome to Austin Inno's list of top SXSW panels and events. This list includes mostly sessions that require a SXSW badge for entry, although be sure to double ...
- 20 Apps Every New College Grad Should Know About NerdWallet
After college graduation, something as simple as a mobile app can make your future easier to navigate. We've compiled a list of 20 great apps that can help you ...
- Top 5 reasons the RIDE Conference was amazing Rolling Out
The Rolling Out Innovation Digital Entertainment (RIDE) Conference was held at the Loudermilk Conference Center in downtown Atlanta and it was a huge ...
- The 10 Best Free Apps for Travel Junkies TIME
Odds are you use no more than two travel apps to get from point A to point B, and that's fine — surveys show you're not alone. But consider for a moment these ...
- 27 must-have travel apps for every step of your journey The Next Web
Travel is one of the industries that has completely transformed by the smartphone evolution and as a result, there is an abundance of ingenious apps designed ...
- Cybersecurity Firm Iboss Expands in Boston, Not Abandoning San Diego Xconomy
Iboss, a San Diego-based cybersecurity firm that opened a small satellite office in Boston last year, has expanded its presence in Massachusetts and.