Localeur is a community of locals who share recommendations on their favorite places to eat, drink and play to help travelers experience local in their cities. Unlike review sites like Yelp, Localeur has an exclusive community of local insiders who share authentic recommendations on places in the cities they live in, not the ones they visit.
Launched before SXSW 2013, Localeur was dubbed one of the top mobile apps of SXSW by Digital Trends and an “A-Lister” by SXSW and the Greater Austin Chamber of Commerce. Austin Monthly deemed Localeur the “Best New Startup” for 2013.
“Hoping to follow in the steps of established travel review sites such as TripAdvisor and Yelp, Localeur a new travel startup launched…The site will focus on the needs of Millennial travelers by using local recommendations from a selected community of local insiders.” – Black Enterprise
Sign up for the Moguldom newsletter — business news you need to know about economic empowerment for the digital age, delivered to your inbox.
- 11 Travel and Hospitality Startups to Watch in 11 Cities American Inno
Through digital media, events, data and more, American Inno is building the largest network of local innovation, cultivating engaged startup, tech and ...
- Localeur wants to help single business travelers find love with new Match deal Austin Business Journal
The partnership with Match, owner of OKCupid and Tinder, is an intriguing one for homegrown entrepreneur Joah Spearman. Learn what he has to gain from the ...
- Top date spots while traveling on business in Chicago WLS-TV
A joint survey by the dating app Match, and the travel recommendations app Localeur, has found that singles are keeping their love lives alive while traveling.
- Houston a top city for singles who date while traveling for business CultureMap Houston
It's an all-too-familiar dilemma that plagues single business travelers. The hotel pay-per-view is blah — as is the room *service* chicken caesar s.
- Date Hotspots For Frequent Travelers Looking For Romance Black Enterprise
Dating while on the fly is becoming more and more popular, which is why Match and Localeur have teamed up to share the top date spots in 10 different cities ...
- Conversable, Impact Hub, data.world, Localeur, ACC & More TX Tech Xconomy
Let's get caught up with the latest innovation news in Texas. ---Conversable, maker of an AI-enabled chatbot technology, has been acquired by LivePerson,
- New report finds Illinoisans like to travel — a lot Chicago Tribune
A new report by Digital Third Coast ranks Illinois No. 3 in the nation when it comes to travel.
- Austin Startup Week Primer | Localeur + Match.com American Inno
Startup Week kicks off with some pre-party events tonight before going into high gear on Monday with the Women in Tech Summit and much more, big ...
- In town for one night? Here's where you should go out in SF and Oakland SFGate
There's a new list of recommended date spots around the Bay Area — and this isn't your typical roundup. Match and Localeur, a travel recommendations app, ...
- Tech Companies Are Thriving in Austin--the Hard Way Inc.com
Texas's capital has a reputation for being a difficult environment for startup funding. So when the time comes, how do companies in the city handle finding ...
- Meet the 35 UT alums behind some of Austin's leading tech companies Built In Austin
Direct access to the talented minds pouring out from the University of Texas at Austin has been a driving force behind the growth of the Austin tech ecosystem.
- Houston among top cities for singles who date while traveling for work Houston Chronicle
With the introduction of smarter technology and a millennial workforce, traveling for work is becoming increasingly common. But that doesn't mean young ...
- Localeur Raises $3 Million to Help Travelers Find Spots Where Locals Hang Black Enterprise
Have you ever visited a new location and wanted to know the cool spots where the locals hang? Well, Localeur can help you with that.
- Alamo Angels invests in tech startup that projects VC burn rate San Antonio Business Journal
The startups leader went through the Techstars StartupNext program in April 2016.
- Divvy Raises $10.5 Million to Tame Expense Reports: Travel Startup Funding This Week Skift
Divvy, an expense management startup based in Lehi, Utah, enables all company employees to have a virtual or actual company credit card and replaces the ...
- Paying Freelancers With Equity Shares: An Idea For Bootstrapping Startups Fast Company
For new startups, hiring employees can be too steep a cost to shoulder. A platform that allows them to bring on freelancers as partial owners aims to solve that ...
- Travel App Localeur Raises an Additional $500000 from Angel Investors Black Enterprise
Recently the company announced it now has funding from five Texas-based angel groups.
- Journal Profile: Meet Austin serial entrepreneur Joah Spearman; for him, it isn't about the money Austin Business Journal
Joah Spearman is the poor man's CEO and startup founder — on purpose. Like a superstar athlete who takes a hometown discount to keep a ...
- San Antonio angel investor group shifts gears with new name after first year San Antonio Business Journal
The early-stage seed capital investors network reflects on the past year and plans a new path in 2018.
- TXV Partners Launches In Austin With Focus On Millenials, GenZ Crunchbase News
Since Austin Ventures closed up shop in 2015, the city has seen a flurry of firms moving from other cities, launching new offices, or opening a secondary office to ...
- How the Favorite DJ of Top Celebrities Became a Startup Investor Inc.
Mick Batyske shares three critical lessons on startup investing and entrepreneurship learned from over a decade of spinning for top celebrities, entrepreneurs, ...
- Alamo Angels Aims to Expand Investing Footprint as Dizon Takes Helm Xconomy
San Antonio—[Corrected 9/19/18, 8:15 a.m. See below.] Cat Dizon recently met with the founders of a San Antonio startup focused on cancer research, ...
- Austin Tech Startup, Localeur, Scores Content Deal with JetBlue Black Enterprise
Localeur and JetBlue announce strategic *content* partnership.
- Georgia a possible contender for Apple expansion? Atlanta Journal Constitution
Apple us gearing up for a major U.S. expansion of 20000 jobs and billions in investment.
- Localeur Now in Over 40 Cities, Including Toronto & Vancouver PR Newswire
AUSTIN, Texas, Feb. 20, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Localeur, a community of locals who share their favorite places to eat, drink and play with millennial travelers, ...
- Backstage Capital looks to raise $36 million for black female founders ImpactAlpha
ImpactAlpha, May 8 – Arlan Hamilton's venture capital firm Backstage Capital has made a specialty of investing in underrepresented entrepreneurs to level the ...
- You live in one of America's coolest cities Orlando Business Journal
A desire to be part of the cool crowd lasts long after high school and many cities are fulfilling people's dreams of living in a hip and fun location. Forbes partnered ...
- What's Cooking At The 2018 Fast Company Grill In Austin Fast Company
Chow down and drink up at the Fast Company Grill at Cedar Door, just two blocks from the Austin Convention Center. We're open March 9-12.
- Five Questions For: Joah Spearman, Founder of Austin's Localeur Xconomy
Austin—The tech community in Austin, TX, takes great pride in its reputation as an innovation hub. So when Joah Spearman, co-founder and CEO of online city ...
- 10 of the best apps for independent travellers The Guardian
Looking for holiday inspiration for 2018? These free smartphone apps mean you can carry insider travel tips for hundreds of destinations in your pocket.
- Andy Roddick, Brooklyn Decker Team With Tiff's Treats American Inno
Tiff's Treats is expanding its celebrity reach by adding former tennis star Andy Roddick and model Brooklyn Decker as shareholders and brand ambassadors.
- New Survey Shows How People Have Branched Out In Their Dating Parade
Picture this: You're on a business trip, sitting in a hotel lobby and typing away. Suddenly, you see someone across the room. Your eyes lock. You both smile.
- Austin Startup Funding, Acquisitions and VC Activity May 2018 American Inno
Pingboard, NarrativeDx and Cipherloc were just a few of the companies to report new investments. Meanwhile, Meta SaaS was acquired and Silverton Partners ...
- Localeur Doubles Team, Introduces New Advisory Board PR Newswire
AUSTIN, Texas, Dec. 1, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Localeur, a community of locals who share their favorite places to eat, drink and play with millennial travelers, ...
- Top Austin Startups: 18 Tech Startups to Watch in 2018 American Inno
Bumble, CognitiveScale, data.world and SparkCognition are on our list of the 18 most interesting Austin tech startups to watch in 2018.
- 10 Cool Must Own Travel Apps Forbes Now
Whether you are looking for the next place to visit or just arrived, these must own travel apps can improve the quality of your trip. As you will see, there is a travel ...
- New Startup Group Aims to Encourage Women Founders to Be Brazen Xconomy
Dallas---Jasmin Brand says organizations geared to support women founders tend to focus on personal rather than professional development. “It always.
- Six U.S. Cities For Tech-Savvy Millennials Forbes
Millennials have taken over the workforce. Here are the tech-friendly cities where members of this demographic should look to ply their trades.
- How to Save Money By Booking a Last-Minute Vacation Shape Magazine
Use travel apps and packing tips to book an exciting last minute trip that will forever change your approach to travel.
- Austin visit 'inspires' Tim Cook; 4 entrepreneurs get to show off their apps to Apple CEO Austin Business Journal
What this city has done is become a model for tech entrepreneurs,” Cook said. “Austin should just keep doing what it's doing and show everyone what it's doing.
- Localeur Provides Local Experience for Travelers Silicon Hills News
“We have a fundamental belief that the future of travel is local, and we're going to beat everyone there,” says Joah Spearman, Co-Founder and CEO of Localeur, ...
- Localeur Secures $4.2 million in Funding Silicon Hills News
Localeur, a travel recommendation *service* aimed at millennials, has raised nearly $4.2 million of a $4.6 million offering from 43 investors, according to papers ...
- 101 Layoffs at Atlassian | Fetch is Moving to Austin American Inno
Though its based in San Francisco, Atlassian has had a big presence in Austin. Aside from big parties during Startup Crawl and other events, it has been a major ...
- 5 influential black entrepreneurs every Austinite should know about CultureMap Austin
Since the recent uptick in the success of black entrepreneurs in Austin, business has continued to boom for several homegrown brands. It is evident that Aust.
- Tech Events in Austin, Houston Promote Women Founders' Success Xconomy
Austin---The oft-quoted “pipeline” issue---that there aren't enough qualified women or people from other underrepresented groups available to create.
- Travel App Tuesday: Get Locals' Recommendations With Localeur International Business Times
This app promises the inside scoop on local favorites in 16 cities around the United States.
- Futures Command, SparkCognition, Student Loan Hero, & More TX Tech Xconomy
Let's get caught up with the latest news from Xconomy Texas. ---Austin will be the new home for the U.S. Army's Futures Command, a technology-focused.
- Austin's VC Scene Leads Texas, But Startups May Start Looking Elsewhere for Funding KUT
There's a big debate happening among Austin entrepreneurs over venture capital in the city – specifically, whether there is enough venture capital flowing.
- Why exactly is Vice more valuable than Yelp and The New York Times? LinkedIn
As more media enterprises build in-house technology teams and create their own mobile and tech-enabled products and as more technology companies invest ...
- Mobile Check-In App OpenKey Raises $8 Million: Travel Startup Funding This Week Skift
It's been a quieter year for mobile check-in and room key news as many hotels are on board and offer this technology to guests. But data show many guests ...
- Apps Especially Useful for Retirees Apps Especially Useful for Retirees New York Times
A list of apps that are helpful for retirees who like to plan in advance.
- Cannon Ventures, Pensa Systems, FloSports, Kopser Wins & More TX Tech Xconomy
Let's catch up with the latest innovation news from Xconomy Texas. ---The Cannon, a Houston-based venture studio, is creating an angel network that.
- Best Travel Apps for 2015 Forbes
From helping you to plan an adventure to sort out transportation in a new city, this year's list of best travel apps will inspire you to get you off the couch and book ...
- Ideas and Innovation Exchange Between the EU and US at SXSW Silicon Hills News
By LAURA LOREK Publisher and Reporter with Silicon Hills News. Aine Mulloy, Elva Carri and Pamela Newenham, founders of GirlCrew at EU@SXSW. For the ...
- #BlackBizMatters: Black-Owned Counterparts to Your Favorite Tech Black Enterprise
Apps and services such as Airbnb and Handy, do have black-owned counterparts as does some tech hardware. Here is a list of black-owned tech companies.
- How curated 'micro travel' can create a more personal vacation experience The Globe and Mail
Increasingly, Canadians are foregoing see-everything, do-everything vacation junkets for micro travel: focused, less-frantic itineraries that concentrate on limited ...
- Here's Why I'm Not Reading The Google Employee's Anti-Diversity Memo HuffPost
I haven't read the Google employee's anti-diversity memo (or manifesto, as it's being described). And I probably won't. Is this because I don't care to be informed ...
- 8 cool Austin startups you need to know right now CultureMap Austin
Out-of-state technology workers may be flocking to Austin right now, but our city already has its fair share of homegrown tech talent. Recently named the No.
- These Three Young Black Men Aim to Increase Diversity in Tech Industry Atlanta Black Star
According to data from the National Science Foundation, the number of science, math and engineering bachelor's degrees awarded to Black men increased ...
- 7 Leading Companies Fighting Back Against Racism Post Charlottesville Black Enterprise
7 prominent corporations that have joined the #Resistance movement to combat white supremacy in wake of the deadly tragedy in Charlottesville.
- 5 apps for exploring a new city like a local Mashable
There are some things everybody knows about New Yorkers. They pay exorbitant rents, they worship pizza and they never hang out in Times Square.
- Top 20 Most Useful Mobile Business Apps For 2015 Marketing Land
During the last two years, I've annually dedicated one of the 12 mobile marketing articles I write for Marketing Land to covering some of the most useful mobile ...
- Start-ups and the founder’s dilemma Financial Times
When is the right time for an entrepreneur to pull the plug on their start-up? “Never!” is likely to be the knee-jerk response, if you ask one directly. Perhaps they ...
- Advice from 24 of Austin's top leaders: Their management tips, career insight & personal quirks Austin Business Journal
Austin Business Journal's weekly profiles of business and civic leaders are a gold mine of career-building advice and interesting executive anecdotes. We've ...
- 45 Great Moments in Black Business – No. 32: Black-Owned Investment Bank Smashes Multibillion-Dollar Corporate Finance Barrier Black Enterprise
For the 45th Anniversary of the BE 100s—the nation's largest black-owned businesses—we share 45 milestone events that have had widespread impact on ...
- The ShearShare Power Couple Takes Their Startup to The Next Level Black Enterprise
ShearShare founders talk taking their business to the next level by giving stylists' access to stubs, tax savings accounts, and business taxes.
- 10 scenes out of the protests at the Austin airport | All MyStatesman.com
Hundreds of protesters gathered outside the Austin-Bergstrom International airport Sunday afternoon to collectively protest President Donald Trump's executive ...
- 5 Apps to Help You Travel Like a Local Black Enterprise
Nowadays vacationers and travel enthusiasts are avoiding touristy hot spots to experience city culture from a local point of view.
- SXSW Interactive Guide: The top official SXSW events in 2018 American Inno
Welcome to Austin Inno's list of top SXSW panels and events. This list includes mostly sessions that require a SXSW badge for entry, although be sure to double ...
- 7 things to know in San Marcos, Kyle, Buda and Hays County this week, July 17-22 Community Impact Newspaper
Jul 17, 2017: Here are seven news items to note if you live in the San Marcos, Kyle, Buda and Hays County area. 1. The city of San Marcos has implemented ...
- Top 5 reasons the RIDE Conference was amazing Rolling Out
Rolling Out Innovation Digital Entertainment conference was held at the Louder Milk conference center in downtown Atlanta and it was a huge success.
- Tech Talk: Five apps that encourage users to leave the house The Bakersfield Californian
Nine months ago, pedestrian traffic crowded sidewalks in downtown Bakersfield and every park in the city.
- Remembering Dick Gregory: Comedian, Activist, and Entrepreneur Black Enterprise
Iconic comedian and activist Dick Gregory passed away on Saturday at the age of 84. Beginning his career in 1953, Dick Gregory used his comedy to convey his ...
- The Best Travel Apps For 2017 Forbes Now
This year's list of hottest travel apps. From curated, downloadable itineraries to trip organizers, 2017 will be a banner year for technology and travel.
- What happened after we were rejected from YCombinator LinkedIn
I originally posted this on Medium, but got such positive feedback from it, that I wanted to end 2015 by sharing it here on LinkedIn as well. What happened after ...
- Industry Spotlight: Pete Gross [Summit] Your EDM
Pete Gross serves as the Director of Music at Summit, a group working to catalyze entrepreneurship, express global issues and create a permanent place for.
- 20 Apps Every New College Grad Should Know About NerdWallet
After college graduation, something as simple as a mobile app can make your future easier to navigate. We've compiled a list of 20 great apps that can help you ...
- The 10 Best Free Apps for Travel Junkies TIME
Odds are you use no more than two travel apps to get from point A to point B, and that's fine — surveys show you're not alone. But consider for a moment these ...
- 5 Apps No Traveler Should Leave Home Without Men's Journal
From finding a hotel fast to browsing the night life, here are the apps every traveler should have.
- The 50 Best Apps for Travel in 2017 Travel+Leisure
Choosing the right app can be just as confusing as deciding where to stay or how to get there. So we've combed through dozens of the latest travel apps (and a ...
- Paranoid Fan Growing Global Presence With Madrid Office dallasinnovates.com
Finding beer, T-shirt shops, and tailgate hotspots can be a challenge at a massive concert or sporting event. And once you do find it, the lines could be too long ...
- BE Modern Man: Meet 'The Breaux' Ras Asan Olugbenga Black Enterprise
BE Modern Man Ras Asan Olugbenga co-founded BREAUX Capital, the first financial technology company for black male millennials.
- Where the top 500 CEOs spend their time on social media The American Genius
I think it's kind of neat that some of our most renowned, famous, rich (continue with any other superlatives you want to add) CEOs have fan pages and tons of ...
- 1920s Circus-Themed Fort Worth Event Will Ring New Year dallasinnovates.com
A new Fort Worth events firm is planning a 1920s circus-themed New Years Eve event that feature a burlesque show, aerialists, and jugglers. Ritz and Wonders: ...
- Meet the 2017 BE Modern Men of Distinction: Week 2 Black Enterprise
This year's BE Modern Men continue to inspire. Meet the second 10 of the 2017 100 Men of Distinction, including ambassador Cornell Belcher.
- Mark Zuckerberg Announces Woman of Color as New CFO of Chan Zuckerberg Initiative Black Enterprise
Zuckerberg wrote on his Facebook page that he was “excited” to welcome Abkemeier Alford and also discussed the challenges of running the initiative.
- Shout out to some fellow local travel pioneers! Spotted by Locals
When we started Spotted by Locals in January 2008, we had a mission: expanding the worldview of travelers by helping them learn more about the local culture ...
- The Most Underrated Labor Day Destinations Forbes
Save money and avoid crowds with these under-the-radar Labor Day hotspots.
- The 11 most exciting startups in Austin right now CultureMap Austin
SXSW has come to an end, but the city is still buzzing over some of the groundbreaking technologies on display. While tech companies from all over the g.
- The 11 Best Last-Minute Spring Break Destinations Forbes
It is that time of year. Spring Break. And thanks to social media, it might seem like everyone but you is at the beach. But, if you haven't booked yet, don't despair.
- Austin Under 40 finalists set, gala this week at Austin Music Hall Austin Business Journal
The Austin Under 40 Awards reach another milestone as they turn 16 this week.
- FlightHub's 7 Best Travel Apps That Even Your Parents Could Use Vulcan Post
As a technologically-based online travel agency, FlightHub knows a thing or two when it comes to maximizing your travel plans. Travel apps are a booming ...
- 11 Most Underrated Summer Vacation Destinations Forbes
Skip the high prices, crowds and traffic and hit up these underrated summer destinations instead.
- 27 must-have travel apps for every step of your journey The Next Web
Travel is one of the industries that has completely transformed by the smartphone evolution and as a result, there is an abundance of ingenious apps designed ...
- App review: New tools to help you look forward to that next vacation Washington Post
The holidays (and perhaps your most recent vacation) are a distant memory, and unbroken weeks of work and late-winter weather stretch before you. Now's the ...
- Casino Tours Dallas focuses on customer service Northdallasgazette
Yolanda Edwards certainly knows how to reinvent herself. She has actually retired three times – before her latest endeavor Casino Tours Dallas. Rather than ...
- 'Girls Trip' and Other High-Grossing, Black-Directed Movies Black Enterprise
In honor of 'Girls Trip' becoming the first all-black film to earn $100M, here's a look at 5 other high-grossing movies directed by black filmmakers.
- UM Student Accelerator TechArb Churns Out Success Stories Xconomy
The University of Michigan's entrepreneurship efforts have been steadily gaining attention and acclaim---U-M's graduate program in entrepreneurship was.
- 2012: The Year of the Designer Sock Huffington Post
December is here, which means it's about time for everything from Hanukkah to college football's Heisman Trophy winner to be honored. It also means it's ...
- Austin Under 40 announces 2014 nominees, including Camille Styles, Paul Qui and Colin Pope CultureMap Austin
Austin Under 40 is shining a light on the most influential young professionals in Austin with the announcement of its 16th annual Austin Under 40 nominees.