Localeur is a community of locals who share recommendations on their favorite places to eat, drink and play to help travelers experience local in their cities. Unlike review sites like Yelp, Localeur has an exclusive community of local insiders who share authentic recommendations on places in the cities they live in, not the ones they visit.
Launched before SXSW 2013, Localeur was dubbed one of the top mobile apps of SXSW by Digital Trends and an “A-Lister” by SXSW and the Greater Austin Chamber of Commerce. Austin Monthly deemed Localeur the “Best New Startup” for 2013.
“Hoping to follow in the steps of established travel review sites such as TripAdvisor and Yelp, Localeur a new travel startup launched…The site will focus on the needs of Millennial travelers by using local recommendations from a selected community of local insiders.” – Black Enterprise
- Startup Diversity Pledge Takes National Aim After Start in Austin Xconomy
Austin---There's a diversity initiative in Austin that's gaining interest: The Startup Diversity and Inclusion Pledge has now been signed by some 50.
- Joah Spearman Is Ready to Take Off Austin Monthly
Raised by a single mom, Joah Spearman rarely had the opportunity to travel. Once he got the bug for adventure, he wanted to help others have authentic travel ...
- Austin Startup Funding, M&A and VC Activity: March 2019 American Inno
March was a month of acquisitions in the Austin tech scene. Georgetown, Texas-based agile development software maker AgileCraft to picked up for $166 ...
- Match strikes deal with Austin startup to help business travelers find love Dallas Business Journal
Dallas-based Match Group Inc. is working with Ausitn's Localeur to provide recommendations for the best romantic rendezvous in U.S. cities popular for ...
- Date Hotspots For Frequent Travelers Looking For Romance Black Enterprise
Dating while on the fly is becoming more and more popular, which is why Match and Localeur have teamed up to share the top date spots in 10 different cities ...
- Top date spots while traveling on business in Chicago WLS-TV
A joint survey by the dating app Match, and the travel recommendations app Localeur, has found that singles are keeping their love lives alive while traveling.
- Food Startups, Tech, and Tim Ferriss: Why Austin Is a Surprising Haven for Forward-Thinking Startups Inc.
Austin, Inc.'s No. 1 Surge City, is as dynamic as it is surprising. These four Austin locals (and a recent transplant) represent the thriving parts of the city, as well as ...
- Austin's Localeur, Millennial-Focused Travel Startup, Hits 100 Cities Xconomy
Austin---Localeur, a travel recommendation startup, is celebrating its (nearly) fifth anniversary by announcing its 100th city. The Austin startup focuses.
- The Inherent Utility of Zello | Impact Hub's New Accelerator American Inno
Every now and again a tech tool plays a major role in a historic event. The easiest modern example is the role of social media in the Arab Spring protests and in ...
- Houston a top city for singles who date while traveling for business CultureMap Houston
It's an all-too-familiar dilemma that plagues single business travelers. The hotel pay-per-view is blah — as is the room *service* chicken caesar s.
- How the Favorite DJ of Top Celebrities Became a Startup Investor Inc.
Mick Batyske shares three critical lessons on startup investing and entrepreneurship learned from over a decade of spinning for top celebrities, entrepreneurs, ...
- Austin travel startup Localeur continues growth, now operating in 100 cities Austin American-Statesman
Ever wonder what locals do for fun when you're visiting a new city?Austin-based startup Localeur, an online travel guide, wants to help travelers get away from ...
- Localeur Raises $3 Million to Help Travelers Find Spots Where Locals Hang Black Enterprise
Have you ever visited a new location and wanted to know the cool spots where the locals hang? Well, Localeur can help you with that.
- New report finds Illinoisans like to travel — a lot Chicago Tribune
A new report by Digital Third Coast ranks Illinois No. 3 in the nation when it comes to travel.
- New Survey Shows How People Have Branched Out In Their Dating Parade
Picture this: You're on a business trip, sitting in a hotel lobby and typing away. Suddenly, you see someone across the room. Your eyes lock. You both smile.
- In the money Dec. 18: Five Austin-area companies raise nearly $13 million for tech, agriculture & more Austin Business Journal
Austin's tech scene is known for its B2B businesses. Those were certainly represented in the past week's funding haul, but money also went to a ...
- Tech Companies Are Thriving in Austin--the Hard Way Inc.com
Texas's capital has a reputation for being a difficult environment for startup funding. So when the time comes, how do companies in the city handle finding ...
- Untapped Opportunity: Minority Founders Still Being Overlooked Crunchbase News
Maybe the VC community is tired of hearing about it; certainly, there are plenty of people who are tired of dealing with it. And yet, the funding landscape for ...
- Meet the 35 UT alums behind some of Austin's leading tech companies Built In Austin
Direct access to the talented minds pouring out from the University of Texas at Austin has been a driving force behind the growth of the Austin tech ecosystem.
- 11 Travel and Hospitality Startups to Watch in 11 Cities American Inno
Through digital media, events, data and more, American Inno is building the largest network of local innovation, cultivating engaged startup, tech and ...
- Houston among top cities for singles who date while traveling for work Houston Chronicle
With the introduction of smarter technology and a millennial workforce, traveling for work is becoming increasingly common. But that doesn't mean young ...
- Divvy Raises $10.5 Million to Tame Expense Reports: Travel Startup Funding This Week Skift
Divvy, an expense management startup based in Lehi, Utah, enables all company employees to have a virtual or actual company credit card and replaces the ...
- Here’s How To Book A Last-Minute Vacation Like A Pro Refinery29
We all know that planning a trip at the last minute isn't the smartest financial strategy out there. With limited time to spare, bargain-hunting is hardly a first priority.
- In town for one night? Here's where you should go out in SF and Oakland SFGate
There's a new list of recommended date spots around the Bay Area — and this isn't your typical roundup. Match and Localeur, a travel recommendations app, ...
- Alamo Angels Aims to Expand Investing Footprint as Dizon Takes Helm Xconomy
San Antonio--- Cat Dizon recently met with the founders of a San Antonio startup focused on cancer research, a complicated area of healthcare that is more.
- New Startup Group Aims to Encourage Women Founders to Be Brazen Xconomy
Dallas---Jasmin Brand says organizations geared to support women founders tend to focus on personal rather than professional development. “It always.
- Localeur Doubles Team, Introduces New Advisory Board PR Newswire
AUSTIN, Texas, Dec. 1, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Localeur, a community of locals who share their favorite places to eat, drink and play with millennial travelers, ...
- Paying Freelancers With Equity Shares: An Idea For Bootstrapping Startups Fast Company
For new startups, hiring employees can be too steep a cost to shoulder. A platform that allows them to bring on freelancers as partial owners aims to solve that ...
- Georgia a possible contender for Apple expansion? Atlanta Journal Constitution
Apple us gearing up for a major U.S. expansion of 20000 jobs and billions in investment.
- TXV Partners Launches In Austin With Focus On Millenials, GenZ Crunchbase News
Since Austin Ventures closed up shop in 2015, the city has seen a flurry of firms moving from other cities, launching new offices, or opening a secondary office to ...
- 5 Apps to Help You Travel Like a Local Black Enterprise
Nowadays vacationers and travel enthusiasts are avoiding touristy hot spots to experience city culture from a local point of view.
- Tech Madness 2019 Update: The Austin Startups in Round 2 American Inno
Tech Madness is in full swing. And the upsets are already rolling in. Round 1 of voting in our annual Austin startup tournament closed on Thursday afternoon, ...
- Capital Factory in Houston, Austin Startup Funding, & More TX Tech Xconomy
Let's catch up with the latest innovation news in Texas. ---Austin's Capital Factory has announced a new partnership with The Cannon in Houston, one that.
- Travel App Tuesday: Get Locals' Recommendations With Localeur International Business Times
This app promises the inside scoop on local favorites in 16 cities around the United States.
- Austin Startup Funding, Acquisitions and VC Activity May 2018 American Inno
The Austin tech ecosystem closed out spring and opened up summer with a strong flow of funding and acquisition activity. Roughly 15 startups landed significant ...
- Backstage Capital looks to raise $36 million for black female founders ImpactAlpha
ImpactAlpha, May 8 – Arlan Hamilton's venture capital firm Backstage Capital has made a specialty of investing in underrepresented entrepreneurs to level the ...
- Five Questions For: Joah Spearman, Founder of Austin's Localeur Xconomy
Austin—The tech community in Austin, TX, takes great pride in its reputation as an innovation hub. So when Joah Spearman, co-founder and CEO of online city ...
- San Antonio angel investor group shifts gears with new name after first year San Antonio Business Journal
The early-stage seed capital investors network reflects on the past year and plans a new path in 2018.
- Announcing the 8th Annual Fast Company Grill: An Exclusive Destination in Austin, March 9–12, 2018 Business Wire
AUSTIN, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Fast Company will host its eighth-annual Fast Company Grill in Austin, from March 9 to March 12. The exclusive four-day ...
- 5 influential black entrepreneurs every Austinite should know about CultureMap Austin
Since the recent uptick in the success of black entrepreneurs in Austin, business has continued to boom for several homegrown brands. It is evident that Aust.
- Localeur Secures $4.2 million in Funding Silicon Hills News
Localeur, a travel recommendation *service* aimed at millennials, has raised nearly $4.2 million of a $4.6 million offering from 43 investors, according to papers ...
- Localeur Provides Local Experience for Travelers Silicon Hills News
“We have a fundamental belief that the future of travel is local, and we're going to beat everyone there,” says Joah Spearman, Co-Founder and CEO of Localeur, ...
- You live in one of America's coolest cities Orlando Business Journal
A desire to be part of the cool crowd lasts long after high school and many cities are fulfilling people's dreams of living in a hip and fun location.
- Advice from 24 of Austin's top leaders: Their management tips, career insight & personal quirks Austin Business Journal
Austin Business Journal's weekly profiles of business and civic leaders are a gold mine of career-building advice and interesting executive anecdotes. We've ...
- Mobile Check-In App OpenKey Raises $8 Million: Travel Startup Funding This Week Skift
It's been a quieter year for mobile check-in and room key news as many hotels are on board and offer this technology to guests. But data show many guests ...
- What's Cooking At The 2018 Fast Company Grill In Austin Fast Company
If you're headed to Austin, Texas, this weekend, swing by the eighth-annual Fast Company Grill at Cedar Door, just two blocks from the Austin Convention ...
- Must Have Travel Apps and Tech for Your Devices Small Business Trends
If you're hitting the road for business, you're going to want to arm yourself with some must have travel apps from this in-depth list.
- Apps Especially Useful for Retirees New York Times
Many smartphone applications can be particularly useful to retirees with time to manage their lives and pursuits. The apps listed below can help keep track of ...
- 10 Cool Must Own Travel Apps Forbes Now
Whether you are looking for the next place to visit or just arrived, these must own travel apps can improve the quality of your trip. As you will see, there is a travel ...
- 7 Leading Companies Fighting Back Against Racism Post Charlottesville Black Enterprise
7 prominent corporations that have joined the #Resistance movement to combat white supremacy in wake of the deadly tragedy in Charlottesville.
- 10 influential black Austinites to follow on Instagram right now CultureMap Austin
In less than a decade, social media has permeated almost every aspect of our lives. Memes are exchanged more than phone numbers, algorithms are changing ...
- Austin's VC Scene Leads Texas, But Startups May Start Looking Elsewhere for Funding KUT
There's a big debate happening among Austin entrepreneurs over venture capital in the city – specifically, whether there is enough venture capital flowing.
- Localeur Lists 'Manly Sh*t' in Houston, SF's 'Best Places to Om' Xconomy
Xconomy Texas —. Travel suggestions on the Web abound, but one Austin, TX, startup says it can provide tourists with the inside scoop on a destination through ...
- How to Save Money By Booking a Last-Minute Vacation Shape Magazine
Use travel apps and packing tips to book an exciting last minute trip that will forever change your approach to travel.
- 10 of the best apps for independent travellers The Guardian
Looking for holiday inspiration for 2018? These free smartphone apps mean you can carry insider travel tips for hundreds of destinations in your pocket.
- News you might have missed: Safer trains coming; Who should pay when it comes to noise complaints? Austin Business Journal
A brief look at some of Austin's economic development news from the past week.
- With $5.75M Start, Neighborhood Goods to Create Stores Within a Store Xconomy
Dallas---A not-yet-open retailer called Neighborhood Goods announced it has raised $5.75 million to help develop what co-founder Matt Alexander calls the.
- 101 Layoffs at Atlassian | Fetch is Moving to Austin American Inno
Though its based in San Francisco, Atlassian has had a big presence in Austin. Aside from big parties during Startup Crawl and other events, it has been a major ...
- The ShearShare Power Couple Takes Their Startup to The Next Level Black Enterprise
ShearShare founders talk taking their business to the next level by giving stylists' access to stubs, tax savings accounts, and business taxes.
- Top Austin Startups: 18 Tech Startups to Watch in 2018 American Inno
Bumble, CognitiveScale, data.world and SparkCognition are on our list of the 18 most interesting Austin tech startups to watch in 2018.
- Start-ups and the founder’s dilemma Financial Times
When is the right time for an entrepreneur to pull the plug on their start-up? “Never!” is likely to be the knee-jerk response, if you ask one directly. Perhaps they ...
- Your Official and Unofficial Guide to SXSW Interactive 2019 American Inno
In this post, we'll do our best to show you the events we think are the most interesting. We know, it's totally subjective.
- 8 cool Austin startups you need to know right now CultureMap Austin
Out-of-state technology workers may be flocking to Austin right now, but our city already has its fair share of homegrown tech talent. Recently named the No.
- Remembering Dick Gregory: Comedian, Activist, and Entrepreneur Black Enterprise
Iconic comedian and activist Dick Gregory passed away on Saturday at the age of 84. Beginning his career in 1953, Dick Gregory used his comedy to convey his ...
- BE Modern Man: Meet 'The Breaux' Ras Asan Olugbenga Black Enterprise
BE Modern Man Ras Asan Olugbenga co-founded BREAUX Capital, the first financial technology company for black male millennials.
- Top 20 Most Useful Mobile Business Apps For 2015 Marketing Land
During the last two years, I've annually dedicated one of the 12 mobile marketing articles I write for Marketing Land to covering some of the most useful mobile ...
- Top 5 reasons the RIDE Conference was amazing Rolling Out
The Rolling Out Innovation Digital Entertainment (RIDE) Conference was held at the Loudermilk Conference Center in downtown Atlanta and it was a huge ...
- These Three Young Black Men Aim to Increase Diversity in Tech Industry Atlanta Black Star
According to data from the National Science Foundation, the number of science, math and engineering bachelor's degrees awarded to Black men increased ...
- How curated 'micro travel' can create a more personal vacation experience The Globe and Mail
Increasingly, Canadians are foregoing see-everything, do-everything vacation junkets for micro travel: focused, less-frantic itineraries that concentrate on limited ...
- 5 apps for exploring a new city like a local Mashable
There are some things everybody knows about New Yorkers. They pay exorbitant rents, they worship pizza and they never hang out in Times Square.
- 20 Apps Every New College Grad Should Know About NerdWallet
After college graduation, something as simple as a mobile app can make your future easier to navigate. We've compiled a list of 20 great apps that can help you ...
- Austin visit 'inspires' Tim Cook; 4 entrepreneurs get to show off their apps to Apple CEO Austin Business Journal
What this city has done is become a model for tech entrepreneurs,” Cook said. “Austin should just keep doing what it's doing and show everyone what it's doing.
- Loom helps entrepreneurs lure freelance developers with equity TechCrunch
According to Loom founder Chase White, there's a familiar cycle that tech entrepreneurs go through: When they're first getting started, they sell equity to angel ...
- The 11 most exciting startups in Austin right now CultureMap Austin
SXSW has come to an end, but the city is still buzzing over some of the groundbreaking technologies on display. While tech companies from all over the g.
- The 10 Best Free Apps for Travel Junkies TIME
Odds are you use no more than two travel apps to get from point A to point B, and that's fine — surveys show you're not alone. But consider for a moment these ...
- Tech Talk: Five apps that encourage users to leave the house The Bakersfield Californian
Nine months ago, pedestrian traffic crowded sidewalks in downtown Bakersfield and every park in the city.
- Six U.S. Cities For Tech-Savvy Millennials Forbes
Millennials have taken over the workforce. Here are the tech-friendly cities where members of this demographic should look to ply their trades.
- 7 things to know in San Marcos, Kyle, Buda and Hays County this week, July 17-22 Community Impact Newspaper
Jul 17, 2017: Here are seven news items to note if you live in the San Marcos, Kyle, Buda and Hays County area. 1. The city of San Marcos has implemented ...
- Where the top 500 CEOs spend their time on social media The American Genius
I think it's kind of neat that some of our most renowned, famous, rich (continue with any other superlatives you want to add) CEOs have fan pages and tons of ...
- Texas is the only US destination in Lonely Planet's Tops 10 Regions for 2014 Northdallasgazette
Lonely Planet has named Texas fifth in its Top 10 Regions for 2014 list. The Lone Star State is the only United States destination on the list this year.
- Industry Spotlight: Pete Gross [Summit] Your EDM
Pete Gross serves as the Director of Music at Summit, a group working to catalyze entrepreneurship, express global issues and create a permanent place for.
- 27 must-have travel apps for every step of your journey The Next Web
Travel is one of the industries that has completely transformed by the smartphone evolution and as a result, there is an abundance of ingenious apps designed ...
- The Best Travel Apps For 2017 Forbes Now
This year's list of hottest travel apps. From curated, downloadable itineraries to trip organizers, 2017 will be a banner year for technology and travel.
- 2012: The Year of the Designer Sock Huffington Post
December is here, which means it's about time for everything from Hanukkah to college football's Heisman Trophy winner to be honored. It also means it's ...
- 3 Steps to Planning the Perfect Road Trip Huffington Post
We know staycations are awesome, but sometimes you truly need to get a breath of *fresh* air away from your city, right? As much as a quick flight to the opposite ...
- SXSW Interactive Guide: The top official SXSW events in 2018 American Inno
Welcome to Austin Inno's list of top SXSW panels and events. This list includes mostly sessions that require a SXSW badge for entry, although be sure to double ...
- Airfordable - MogulWatch Moguldom
Airfordable is payment plans for airline tickets. Airfordable allows users to secure tickets with a deposit upfront and pay the remaining balance in bi-weekly ...
- The 50 Best Apps for Travel in 2017 Travel+Leisure
Choosing the right app can be just as confusing as deciding where to stay or how to get there. So we've combed through dozens of the latest travel apps (and a ...
- Austin Under 40 announces 2014 nominees, including Camille Styles, Paul Qui and Colin Pope CultureMap Austin
Austin Under 40 is shining a light on the most influential young professionals in Austin with the announcement of its 16th annual Austin Under 40 nominees.
- 1920s Circus-Themed Fort Worth Event Will Ring New Year dallasinnovates.com
A new Fort Worth events firm is planning a 1920s circus-themed New Years Eve event that feature a burlesque show, aerialists, and jugglers. Ritz and Wonders: ...
- 5 Reasons Why Sports Matter in American Cities Huffington Post
With football season nearly here and Major League Baseball approaching the dog days of summer, it's the perfect time to consider the overall importance o...
- The Most Underrated Labor Day Destinations Forbes
Hamptons, Nantucket, Martha's Vineyard. What do these East Coast holiday hot spots have in common? Crowds. Skip the hustle this Labor Day and check out ...
- App review: New tools to help you look forward to that next vacation Washington Post
The holidays (and perhaps your most recent vacation) are a distant memory, and unbroken weeks of work and late-winter weather stretch before you. Now's the ...
- The 11 Best Last-Minute Spring Break Destinations Forbes
It is that time of year. Spring Break. And thanks to social media, it might seem like everyone but you is at the beach. But, if you haven't booked yet, don't despair.
- Is travel ecommerce reaching a saturation point? Tnooz
Travel ecommerce (online travel, digital travel - the terms often vary) has been on a roll for quite a while now.
- Millennials Spend More Time Planning Brunch Than They Do Looking for a Date TIME
Young people are poring over menus in preparation for their next meal.
- How to Experience South by Southwest Like a Local Huffington Post
I won't be dishing out any advice on how to find some secret stash of hotel rooms in this post so good luck with that. However, what I can give you is th...
- 11 Most Underrated Summer Vacation Destinations Forbes
Skip the high prices, crowds and traffic and hit up these underrated summer destinations instead.
- X Games Style: All Grown Up & Going Global Huffington Post
In case you missed this year's Summer X Games in Los Angeles, here's the short rundown: snowboard-skate star Shaun White didn't compete, ...