Localeur is a community of locals who share recommendations on their favorite places to eat, drink and play to help travelers experience local in their cities. Unlike review sites like Yelp, Localeur has an exclusive community of local insiders who share authentic recommendations on places in the cities they live in, not the ones they visit.
Launched before SXSW 2013, Localeur was dubbed one of the top mobile apps of SXSW by Digital Trends and an “A-Lister” by SXSW and the Greater Austin Chamber of Commerce. Austin Monthly deemed Localeur the “Best New Startup” for 2013.
“Hoping to follow in the steps of established travel review sites such as TripAdvisor and Yelp, Localeur a new travel startup launched…The site will focus on the needs of Millennial travelers by using local recommendations from a selected community of local insiders.” – Black Enterprise
- Match strikes deal with Austin startup to help business travelers find love Dallas Business Journal
Dallas-based Match Group Inc. is working with Ausitn's Localeur to provide recommendations for the best romantic rendezvous in U.S. cities popular for ...
- Localeur wants to help single business travelers find love with new Match deal Austin Business Journal
The partnership with Match, owner of OKCupid and Tinder, is an intriguing one for homegrown entrepreneur Joah Spearman. Learn what he has to gain from the ...
- Homegrown Love: Startups That Are Helping Local Businesses Thrive Crunchbase News
While our coverage focuses on startups, it's important to not forget the heart of most communities: the “mom and pop” businesses, or companies focused on the ...
- Austin travel startup Localeur continues growth, now operating in 100 cities Austin American-Statesman
Ever wonder what locals do for fun when you're visiting a new city?Austin-based startup Localeur, an online travel guide, wants to help travelers get away from ...
- Date Hotspots For Frequent Travelers Looking For Romance Black Enterprise
Dating while on the fly is becoming more and more popular, which is why Match and Localeur have teamed up to share the top date spots in 10 different cities ...
- Top date spots while traveling on business in Chicago WLS-TV
A joint survey by the dating app Match, and the travel recommendations app Localeur, has found that singles are keeping their love lives alive while traveling.
- Austin's Localeur, Millennial-Focused Travel Startup, Hits 100 Cities Xconomy
Austin---Localeur, a travel recommendation startup, is celebrating its (nearly) fifth anniversary by announcing its 100th city. The Austin startup focuses.
- Food Startups, Tech, and Tim Ferriss: Why Austin Is a Surprising Haven for Forward-Thinking Startups Inc.
For founders and talent bored with the monoculture of San Francisco, Austin's startup scene is rich with flavor.
- Localeur Raises $3 Million to Help Travelers Find Spots Where Locals Hang Black Enterprise
Have you ever visited a new location and wanted to know the cool spots where the locals hang? Well, Localeur can help you with that.
- Joah Spearman Is Ready to Take Off Austin Monthly
Raised by a single mom, Joah Spearman rarely had the opportunity to travel. Once he got the bug for adventure, he wanted to help others have authentic travel ...
- Tech Companies Are Thriving in Austin--the Hard Way Inc.com
Texas's capital has a reputation for being a difficult environment for startup funding. So when the time comes, how do companies in the city handle finding ...
- How the Favorite DJ of Top Celebrities Became a Startup Investor Inc.
Mick Batyske shares three critical lessons on startup investing and entrepreneurship learned from over a decade of spinning for top celebrities, entrepreneurs, ...
- Watch: Let's talk about diversity in tech The Texas Tribune
We're livestreaming our conversation in Austin on demography, inclusion, innovation and social entrepreneurship, moderated by the Tribune's Evan Smith.
- Untapped Opportunity: Minority Founders Still Being Overlooked Crunchbase News
Maybe the VC community is tired of hearing about it; certainly, there are plenty of people who are tired of dealing with it. And yet, the funding landscape for ...
- 11 Travel and Hospitality Startups to Watch in 11 Cities American Inno
Through digital media, events, data and more, American Inno is building the largest network of local innovation, cultivating engaged startup, tech and ...
- Localeur Doubles Team, Introduces New Advisory Board PR Newswire
AUSTIN, Texas, Dec. 1, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Localeur, a community of locals who share their favorite places to eat, drink and play with millennial travelers, ...
- Meet the 35 UT alums behind some of Austin's leading tech companies Built In Austin
Direct access to the talented minds pouring out from the University of Texas at Austin has been a driving force behind the growth of the Austin tech ecosystem.
- Houston a top city for singles who date while traveling for business KTRK-TV
HOUSTON, Texas -- It's an all-too-familiar dilemma that plagues single business travelers. The hotel pay-per-view is blah - as is the room *service* chicken caesar ...
- Houston among top cities for singles who date while traveling for work Houston Chronicle
With the introduction of smarter technology and a millennial workforce, traveling for work is becoming increasingly common. But that doesn't mean young ...
- Austin Tech Events to Attend in May Silicon Hills News
May 1-2. FUND Conference. When: May 1st and May 2nd. Where: Fairmount Hotel in Downtown Austin. Why: FUND Conference hosts an event in Austin ...
- Travel App Tuesday: Get Locals' Recommendations With Localeur International Business Times
This app promises the inside scoop on local favorites in 16 cities around the United States.
- Flywheel's New Owner: About WP Engine Silicon Prairie News
Flywheel is an Omaha-based startup that has helped designers create, build, host, and manage WordPress sites. The deal was described as the largest of its ...
- Paying Freelancers With Equity Shares: An Idea For Bootstrapping Startups Fast Company
For new startups, hiring employees can be too steep a cost to shoulder. A platform that allows them to bring on freelancers as partial owners aims to solve that ...
- Georgia a possible contender for Apple expansion? Atlanta Journal Constitution
Apple us gearing up for a major U.S. expansion of 20000 jobs and billions in investment.
- 3 Atlanta professionals on how they get the job done without setting foot in an office Atlanta Magazine
The Digital Nomad | Larry Luk Head of brand and design, Localeur. I do creative work, and I'm not always creative nine-to-five. I experienced burnout when I was ...
- Divvy Raises $10.5 Million to Tame Expense Reports: Travel Startup Funding This Week Skift
Divvy, an expense management startup based in Lehi, Utah, enables all company employees to have a virtual or actual company credit card and replaces the ...
- Five Questions For: Joah Spearman, Founder of Austin's Localeur Xconomy
Austin—The tech community in Austin, TX, takes great pride in its reputation as an innovation hub. So when Joah Spearman, co-founder and CEO of online city ...
- Startup Diversity Pledge Takes National Aim After Start in Austin Xconomy
Austin---There's a diversity initiative in Austin that's gaining interest: The Startup Diversity and Inclusion Pledge has now been signed by some 50.
- In town for one night? Here's where you should go out in SF and Oakland SFGate
There's a new list of recommended date spots around the Bay Area — and this isn't your typical roundup. Match and Localeur, a travel recommendations app, ...
- Localeur Secures $4.2 million in Funding Silicon Hills News
Localeur, a travel recommendation *service* aimed at millennials, has raised nearly $4.2 million of a $4.6 million offering from 43 investors, according to papers ...
- Alamo Angels Aims to Expand Investing Footprint as Dizon Takes Helm Xconomy
San Antonio--- Cat Dizon recently met with the founders of a San Antonio startup focused on cancer research, a complicated area of healthcare that is more.
- You live in one of America's coolest cities Orlando Business Journal
A desire to be part of the cool crowd lasts long after high school and many cities are fulfilling people's dreams of living in a hip and fun location.
- Capital Factory in Houston, Austin Startup Funding, & More TX Tech Xconomy
Let's catch up with the latest innovation news in Texas. ---Austin's Capital Factory has announced a new partnership with The Cannon in Houston, one that.
- Apps Especially Useful for Retirees New York Times
Many smartphone applications can be particularly useful to retirees with time to manage their lives and pursuits. The apps listed below can help keep track of ...
- 10 Cool Must Own Travel Apps Forbes Now
Whether you are looking for the next place to visit or just arrived, these must own travel apps can improve the quality of your trip. As you will see, there is a travel ...
- TXV Partners Launches In Austin With Focus On Millenials, GenZ Crunchbase News
Since Austin Ventures closed up shop in 2015, the city has seen a flurry of firms moving from other cities, launching new offices, or opening a secondary office to ...
- 5 influential black entrepreneurs every Austinite should know about CultureMap Austin
Since the recent uptick in the success of black entrepreneurs in Austin, business has continued to boom for several homegrown brands. It is evident that Aust.
- New Startup Group Aims to Encourage Women Founders to Be Brazen Xconomy
Dallas---Jasmin Brand says organizations geared to support women founders tend to focus on personal rather than professional development. “It always.
- Austin Startup Funding, M&A and VC Activity: March 2019 American Inno
March was a month of acquisitions in the Austin tech scene. Georgetown, Texas-based agile development software maker AgileCraft to picked up for $166 ...
- Harlem's Lenox Lounge Set to Re-Open in a New Location Black Enterprise
Lenox Lounge owner plans to reopen the club in a new location. What do you think of the new site?
- Executive Director of Alamo Angels Resigns to Focus on Seed Fund Job Xconomy
San Antonio---Cat Dizon is stepping down from her role as executive director of Alamo Angels, the angel investing network in San Antonio founded in 2016.
- Must Have Travel Apps and Tech for Your Devices Small Business Trends
If you're hitting the road for business this summer, you're going to want to arm yourself with some must have travel apps and tech for your devices. That's right ...
- 10 of the best apps for independent travellers The Guardian
Looking for holiday inspiration for 2018? These free smartphone apps mean you can carry insider travel tips for hundreds of destinations in your pocket.
- Localeur Lists 'Manly Sh*t' in Houston, SF's 'Best Places to Om' Xconomy
Xconomy Texas —. Travel suggestions on the Web abound, but one Austin, TX, startup says it can provide tourists with the inside scoop on a destination through ...
- Zion in Atlanta would be a win for the culture The Undefeated
Don't try to tease Atlanta with a good time. It is, after all, the city that birthed the phrase “turn up.” Whose residents bear the name of a genre-shifting rap…
- Austin's VC Scene Leads Texas, But Startups May Start Looking Elsewhere for Funding KUT
There's a big debate happening among Austin entrepreneurs over venture capital in the city – specifically, whether there is enough venture capital flowing.
- Austin Startup Funding, Acquisitions and VC Activity May 2018 American Inno
The Austin tech ecosystem closed out spring and opened up summer with a strong flow of funding and acquisition activity. Roughly 15 startups landed significant ...
- 5 Apps to Help You Travel Like a Local Black Enterprise
Nowadays vacationers and travel enthusiasts are avoiding touristy hot spots to experience city culture from a local point of view.
- #BlackBizMatters: 10 Black-Owned Counterparts to Your Favorite Tech Black Enterprise
Apps and services such as Airbnb and Handy, do have black-owned counterparts as does some tech hardware. Here is a list of black-owned tech companies.
- What's Cooking At The 2018 Fast Company Grill In Austin Fast Company
If you're headed to Austin, Texas, this weekend, swing by the eighth-annual Fast Company Grill at Cedar Door, just two blocks from the Austin Convention ...
- Kenyon Martin's $3 Million Home in Texas is for Sale Black Enterprise
The 15,000 square-foot Arlington, Texas mansion Los Angeles Clippers forward Kenyon Martin bought for about $3 million in 2008 is for sale. For $5 million!
- Top Austin Startups: 18 Tech Startups to Watch in 2018 American Inno
Bumble, CognitiveScale, data.world and SparkCognition are on our list of the 18 most interesting Austin tech startups to watch in 2018.
- Andy Roddick, Brooklyn Decker Team With Tiff's Treats American Inno
Tiff's Treats is expanding its celebrity reach by adding former tennis star Andy Roddick and model Brooklyn Decker as shareholders and brand ambassadors.
- These Three Young Black Men Aim to Increase Diversity in Tech Industry Atlanta Black Star
According to data from the National Science Foundation, the number of science, math and engineering bachelor's degrees awarded to Black men increased ...
- The 10 Best Free Apps for Travel Junkies TIME
Odds are you use no more than two travel apps to get from point A to point B, and that's fine — surveys show you're not alone. But consider for a moment these ...
- Backstage Capital looks to raise $36 million for black female founders ImpactAlpha
ImpactAlpha, May 8 – Arlan Hamilton's venture capital firm Backstage Capital has made a specialty of investing in underrepresented entrepreneurs to level the ...
- Top 20 Most Useful Mobile Business Apps For 2015 Marketing Land
During the last two years, I've annually dedicated one of the 12 mobile marketing articles I write for Marketing Land to covering some of the most useful mobile ...
- Your Official and Unofficial Guide to SXSW Interactive 2019 American Inno
In this post, we'll do our best to show you the events we think are the most interesting. We know, it's totally subjective.
- What happened after we were rejected from YCombinator LinkedIn
I originally posted this on Medium, but got such positive feedback from it, that I wanted to end 2015 by sharing it here on LinkedIn as well. What happened after ...
- 20 Apps Every New College Grad Should Know About NerdWallet
After college graduation, something as simple as a mobile app can make your future easier to navigate. We've compiled a list of 20 great apps that can help you ...
- 10 influential black Austinites to follow on Instagram right now CultureMap Austin
In less than a decade, social media has permeated almost every aspect of our lives. Memes are exchanged more than phone numbers, algorithms are changing ...
- Wonderschool Raises $2 Million to Help Educators Provide Quality Preschool Black Enterprise
Are you an educator? Wonderschool is helping teachers get back into the workforce—and earn more money—by opening their own quality preschool.
- With $5.75M Start, Neighborhood Goods to Create Stores Within a Store Xconomy
Dallas---A not-yet-open retailer called Neighborhood Goods announced it has raised $5.75 million to help develop what co-founder Matt Alexander calls the.
- Industry Spotlight: Pete Gross [Summit] Your EDM
Pete Gross serves as the Director of Music at Summit, a group working to catalyze entrepreneurship, express global issues and create a permanent place for.
- 5 apps for exploring a new city like a local Mashable
There are some things everybody knows about New Yorkers. They pay exorbitant rents, they worship pizza and they never hang out in Times Square.
- The Best Travel Apps For 2017 Forbes Now
This year's list of hottest travel apps. From curated, downloadable itineraries to trip organizers, 2017 will be a banner year for technology and travel.
- 101 Layoffs at Atlassian | Fetch is Moving to Austin American Inno
Though its based in San Francisco, Atlassian has had a big presence in Austin. Aside from big parties during Startup Crawl and other events, it has been a major ...
- Austin visit 'inspires' Tim Cook; 4 entrepreneurs get to show off their apps to Apple CEO Austin Business Journal
What this city has done is become a model for tech entrepreneurs,” Cook said. “Austin should just keep doing what it's doing and show everyone what it's doing.
- How curated 'micro travel' can create a more personal vacation experience The Globe and Mail
Increasingly, Canadians are foregoing see-everything, do-everything vacation junkets for micro travel: focused, less-frantic itineraries that concentrate on limited ...
- Six U.S. Cities For Tech-Savvy Millennials Forbes
Millennials have taken over the workforce. Here are the tech-friendly cities where members of this demographic should look to ply their trades.
- Robbins: 8 apps that can make travel a breeze Calgary Herald
Admittedly, I'm not much of a tech person, so the apps I have in my iPhone have to make the cut. Digital tools can improve your travel experience, but with so ...
- 7 things to know in San Marcos, Kyle, Buda and Hays County this week, July 17-22 Community Impact Newspaper
Jul 17, 2017: Here are seven news items to note if you live in the San Marcos, Kyle, Buda and Hays County area. 1. The city of San Marcos has implemented ...
- Where the top 500 CEOs spend their time on social media The American Genius
I think it's kind of neat that some of our most renowned, famous, rich (continue with any other superlatives you want to add) CEOs have fan pages and tons of ...
- The Most Underrated Labor Day Destinations Forbes
Save money and avoid crowds with these under-the-radar Labor Day hotspots.
- 27 must-have travel apps for every step of your journey The Next Web
Travel is one of the industries that has completely transformed by the smartphone evolution and as a result, there is an abundance of ingenious apps designed ...
- The 50 Best Apps for Travel in 2017 Travel+Leisure
Choosing the right app can be just as confusing as deciding where to stay or how to get there. So we've combed through dozens of the latest travel apps (and a ...
- The 11 Best Last-Minute Spring Break Destinations Forbes
It is that time of year. Spring Break. And thanks to social media, it might seem like everyone but you is at the beach. But, if you haven't booked yet, don't despair.
- Austin Under 40 finalists set, gala this week at Austin Music Hall Austin Business Journal
The Austin Under 40 Awards reach another milestone as they turn 16 this week.
- App review: New tools to help you look forward to that next vacation Washington Post
The holidays (and perhaps your most recent vacation) are a distant memory, and unbroken weeks of work and late-winter weather stretch before you. Now's the ...
- Millennials Spend More Time Planning Brunch Than They Do Looking for a Date TIME
Young people are poring over menus in preparation for their next meal.
- 11 Most Underrated Summer Vacation Destinations Forbes
Skip the high prices, crowds and traffic and hit up these underrated summer destinations instead.
- Vacation Bucket List Summer Activity Apps Refinery29
Nine apps that make it easy to find the coolest things to do on your vacation (or staycation) this summer.