Credit Hero is a platform for financial empowerment geared to the needs of working people.
- Business briefs: Litchfield Bancorp receives Community Hero recognition Torrington Register Citizen
LITCHFIELD — Litchfield Bancorp was selected as one of 18 community banks and credit unions throughout New England as a Community Hero by American ...
- Company Notebook Business West
HOLYOKE — Accounting Today, a leading publication in the certified public accounting industry, has named Meyers Brothers Kalicka, P.C. a regional leader in ...
- Honda, Hero MotoCorp cut India two-wheeler production amid slowing demand Nikkei Asian Review
MUMBAI (NewsRise) -- Hero MotoCorp and Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India are slashing production as the nation's top two-wheeler makers grapple with.
- Introducing Apple Card, a new kind of credit card created by Apple Apple Newsroom
Apple today announced Apple Card, a new kind of credit card created by Apple and designed to help customers lead a healthier financial life.
- Henderson: Lumley knows first-hand how important voices are at government table Windsor Star
The retired University of Windsor chancellor and former Liberal minister knows a seat at the cabinet table can determine a city's fate.
- LinkedIn Founder Reid Hoffman Gives This Rousing Speech to Startups Facing Their Darkest Moments Inc.
It offers lessons for anyone struggling in the face of a massive challenge.
- How the Japanese super robots of our youth have become highly collectible ABS-CBN News
Japanese super robots first took popular culture by storm in the early 70s. These days, those too young among us to afford them during that period are making ...
- How This Man Built a Successful Zip Line Business With a Personal Loan Student Loan Hero
Using a personal loan to build a business can be scary, mostly because you're personally on the hook to pay it off. But this man did it. Here's his advice.
- The lending gap narrows for women business owners, but it's still 31% less than for men CNBC
The number of women-owned businesses that applied for funding in 2018 increased by 13 percent, according to an annual study of 30000 companies ...
- Do Business Credit Cards Affect Your Personal Credit? U.S. News & World Report
A business credit card can help or hurt your personal credit score. Here's what you need to know.
- Top 5 Business Cards Available For December 2018 Forbes
The end of 2018 has seen a huge number of new and improved business credit card welcome bonuses, including updates to a few of my favorite cards. If you're ...
- Personal Loans vs. Business Loans: Which Is Best? Student Loan Hero
Need funding for your business? Make sure you understand the pros and cons of personal loans versus business loans. Find out which is best for you.
- The Start-Up Offering Credit to Other Start-Ups The New York Times
In less than two years, Brex has soared to a $1.1 billion valuation by helping new companies secure vital credit.
- Best Credit Card for Travelers? Probably Not One From an Airline The New York Times
You've heard the pitch on your flights: Apply for an airline's credit card and get perks like waived bag fees, priority boarding and miles for every dollar you spend.
- Why You Should Stay in College Even If You're a Future CEO Student Loan Hero
Some future entrepreneurs may see college as unnecessary, but here are a few reasons you might not have thought of to stay in college despite the cost.
- Where to Find Grants and Loans for Young Entrepreneurs Student Loan Hero
There's no age minimum for becoming an entrepreneur. Many people started their companies while they were still in college — examples include Mark ...
- Low Credit Score? Experian Uses Cellphone and Utility Bills to Improve It The New York Times
Experian's Boost *service* aims to help consumers who pay their bills on time get loans and credit cards.
- 6 Pros and Cons of Using a Personal Loan for Business Expenses Student Loan Hero
Need financing for your startup? Make sure you consider these six benefits and drawbacks of using a personal loan for business expenses before you apply.
- 5 Famous Moguls Who Used Loans to Start Their Empires Student Loan Hero
Successful entrepreneurs such as Barbara Corcoran and Walmart's Sam Walton used a bit of cash to create massive businesses. Here's how they did it.
- LendingTree to acquire personal finance website in $105M deal Charlotte Business Journal
LendingTree Inc. announced Friday its plans to acquire Value Holding Inc., the parent company of personal finance website ValuePenguin.com, in a $105 ...
- Why Hero Leaders Promote Failure For You, The Business And Themselves Forbes
Hero Leaders are often held in awe and esteem by those around them, yet in believing their own heroics, they do untold damage to the organisation, their ...
- 5 Best Businesses to Start on a Budget Student Loan Hero
Dream of becoming an entrepreneur? You don't need tons of cash to get started. Here are five of the best businesses to start for less than $2000.
- The 10 Best Business Books of 2018 Inc.
For the entrepreneurs and executives on your gift list, here are 10 great titles to read by the fire.
- Delivery Hero sells its German business to Takeaway.com in a $1.1B deal TechCrunch
One more big consolidation play is underway in the highly competitive European food delivery business, amid more pressure from newer players like Uber Eats ...
- Sorry your mom is dead. If only she’d been hit by a bus, we’d pay your claim Los Angeles Times
Credit card protection is a form of insurance. But after a Citi cardholder died of heart trouble, her family learned that she wasn't "the right kind of dead."
- Business Credit Card Tips for Freelancers U.S. News & World Report
If you're a freelancer, a business credit card can help you track your spending and earn rewards on everyday expenses.
- 12 Companies Offering Student Loan Forgiveness Hiring Now Student Loan Hero
Agonizing over student loans? You are not alone — in 2018, Americans owed over $1.48 trillion in student loan debt according to Student Loan Hero. While that ...
- 7 Best Side Hustle Podcasts to Help You Build a Better Business Student Loan Hero
If you're starting or growing a side hustle, tune in to these side hustle podcasts to learn faster, fail less, and do more with your small business.
- OneMain Financial Personal Loan Review Student Loan Hero
This OneMain Financial personal loan review reveals everything you need to know about the lender's loan product. See if OneMain Financial is the right fit for ...
- 20 Business Ideas You Can Start With Less Than $10,000 Entrepreneur
Want to be your own boss? Here are some low-cost business ideas to help you achieve your dream.
- 6 Small Business Tax Deductions | Taxes U.S. News & World Report
Small business owners looking to reduce their tax burden can take advantage of several money-saving deductions. These include existing deductions, such as ...
- Maxine Waters proposes consumer-friendly overhaul of credit reporting industry Los Angeles Times
Rep. Maxine Waters on Tuesday called for a consumer-friendly overhaul of the nation's credit reporting system as she brought the chief executives of Equifax, ...
- How to Be a Business Hero: Insights from Celebrity Entrepreneur Jeffrey Hayzlett Inc.
There's something to the idea that building a company around "heroic" values is good for business. To support the development and growth of value-driven ...
- Year of Free Credit Report Monitoring Is Ending. Here’s What to Do Now. The New York Times
The free *service* started after Equifax's huge breach in 2017. Consumer advocates suggest placing a security freeze — not a lock — on credit files.
- RSA Conference 2019: 10 Execs On Who's The Biggest 'Unsung Hero' For Their Business CRN
CRN asks 10 cybersecurity CEOs, sales executives, and technical leaders who in their organization flies under the radar and doesn't get the attention, credit and ...
- Study: See the Most-Googled Money-Related Terms in Your State Student Loan Hero
Find out what money terms and questions people in your state are Googling in this state-by-state breakdown of the top searches.
- OppLoans Personal Loan Review Student Loan Hero
This OppLoans personal loan review reveals everything you need to know about the lender's loan product. See if OppLoans is the right fit for you.
- Synchrony has a lot to lose in fight with Walmart American Banker
After the retail giant filed an $800 million lawsuit against its former credit card partner, shares in Synchrony plunged. Now analysts fear its relationship with Sam's ...
- Why do you (still) have to sign so many credit card receipts? Vox
This April, several major credit card networks made a wild decision: They would no longer require customers to sign receipts. “Credit card networks are finally ...
- Eloan Personal Loan Review Student Loan Hero
This Eloan personal loan review reveals everything you need to know about the lender's loan product. See if Eloan is the right fit for you.
- The Best Consumer Loans and Lines of Credit of 2019 Student Loan Hero
If you're planning to borrow money, the best consumer loans and lines of credit offer competitive rates and terms. Here are some of our top picks.
- Which Credit Cards Can Get You Airport Lounge Access? U.S. News & World Report
Make sure your credit card gives you the kind of airport lounge access you want. Some cards only offer you entree to one lounge network.
- The 6 Levels of the Hero Factor Entrepreneur
Get the skinny on each level of the Hero Factor scale to help you determine where you are and how to get to the top.
- How to Raise Your Credit Score 200 Points in 5 Steps Student Loan Hero
If you're looking to boost your credit score by 200 points or more — as quickly as possible — here are five steps you can take to lift your FICO to a better place.
- Small Businesses Say Amazon Has a Huge Counterfeiting Problem. This 'Shark Tank' Company Is Fighting Back Inc.
Note: Following the weekslong Inc. investigation detailed below into Amazon's handling of sellers' counterfeiting complaints, Amazon announced a small-scale ...
- Tips for Aggressively Paying Down Credit Card Debt U.S. News & World Report
Staying motivated is the top priority when trying to eliminate your debt.
- Businesses offer furlough freebies, shutdown specials and assistance to federal workers USA TODAY
Wireless providers including AT&T, Verizon and Sprint are willing to work with furloughed federal government workers on payment programs.
- LendingTree to buy Austin's Student Loan Hero for $60 million Austin Business Journal
LendingTree is paying $60 million for Student Loan Hero, an Austin company that helps student loan borrowers become more financially savvy and pay down ...
- Uber plays hero to Lyft's villain in NYC driver wage dispute Fast Company
Today, ride-hail drivers in New York City will begin receiving a new wage: a minimum of $17.22 per hour excluding expenses, thanks to new rules from the Taxi ...
- 5 factors affecting credit card lending in 2019 | 2018-10-12 CUNA News
As has been the case for the past few years, 2018 has had its ups and downs but was largely successful in the card lending space. Here are five factors that will ...
- This Legislation Could Force Stores to Take Your Cash The New York Times
The bills come amid a trend toward “cash-free” stores, which supporters say are more convenient. Critics counter that they discriminate against the poor.
- Roof Replacement Cost: 5 Ways to Pay for It Student Loan Hero
Installing a new roof can cost thousands of dollars. Learn about five financing options you can use to cover a roof replacement cost.
- Marriott Hacking Exposes Data of Up to 500 Million Guests The New York Times
The personal information of customers at its Starwood hotels, including names, dates of birth, passport numbers and payment numbers could be at risk, the ...
- 5 ways you didn't know your credit score influences your life NBCNews.com
Beyond securing a credit card, here are some lesser-known ways that credit can impact your life.
- Free Online Business Classes for Entrepreneurs: From Accounting to User Testing American Inno
For first-time entrepreneurs and people who are just getting started on a new business, Internet classes are an endless resource. In this list, we rounded up six ...
- 31 Quick and Dirty Finance Tips to Get Your Money in Shape Student Loan Hero
With the new year now underway, you may be looking to make a *fresh* financial start. But sometimes change can be tough to actually achieve — especially when ...
- Small Businesses Have a New Tax Break, but There Are Many ‘Ifs’ The New York Times
Small businesses may be able to receive a big tax break this year, thanks to the new rules. They also may face a big headache: figuring out whether the tax ...
- What to Do if Your Small Business is Robbed Nav
So you've managed to grow your business with consistent revenue, a good name in the community, and a trustworthy, friendly staff. All of this is helping to bring ...
- Upgrade Personal Loan Review Student Loan Hero
Upgrade is an online lender that offers affordable personal loans and lines of credit along with credit health monitoring tools. The company, founded in 2016, ...
- Are College Expenses Tax Deductible? Surprisingly These 8 Are Student Loan Hero
In some cases, the answer is yes. Getting an education can be a worthwhile investment and, in many ways, the IRS agrees. There are many tax breaks available ...
- How Equifax Complicates a Simple Task: Freezing a Child’s Credit The New York Times
A number of Your Money readers took Ron Lieber's advice to freeze their children's credit. Equifax's process didn't always work. Please keep trying.
- Like many Marvel characters, Stan Lee was a flawed hero The Conversation UK
Stan Lee was the voice of my childhood. As I sat transfixed by Spider-Man cartoons on Saturday mornings, his energetic narration welcomed me into the story; ...
- Meet the Winners of the Student Loan Hero Spring 2019 Scholarship Student Loan Hero
Student Loan Hero is thrilled to announce the six winners of our scholarship for the spring 2019 semester. Read about them here, and find out how you can ...
- What Should You Do If You Can't Refinance Your Student Loans? U.S News & World Report Money
Refinancing your student loans can save you money, but it's not always an option. If you're set on refinancing your student loans, consider working on your credit ...
- How Does Crowdfunding for Business Capital Work? Student Loan Hero
To launch or grow your business, consider crowdfunding for business capital. Use these eight tips to make your crowdfunding campaign a success.
- Tesla Scrambles to Sell Cars Before a Tax Break Fades The New York Times
Demand for the company's electric cars could weaken in January, when a $7500 federal tax credit is cut in half for buyers of Tesla's luxury models.
- A Deadly Blaze in the Alps Made a Biker a Hero and Tunnels Safer for All The New York Times
Two decades ago, 39 people died inside the Mont Blanc Tunnel in a fire so horrific it changed safety standards forever. The truth eventually caught up to the ...
- Toyota is replacing the melted truck of a Paradise fire hero Fast Company
Four days ago, Paradise, California, nurse Allyn Pierce posted a picture of his damaged truck to Instagram, with a message of gratitude to his crispy vehicle.
- I Grew Up Believing My Grandfather Was a War Hero. Army Records Said Otherwise. The New York Times
Home from World War II, my grandfather told family members about being in a fierce tank battle. Years after his death, I started doing research and piecing the ...
- How to Invest $5,000 Using These 7 Strategies Student Loan Hero
Investing is one way to build wealth over time, putting your money to work on your behalf. It's possible to start investing even when you don't have a lot of money, ...
- 3 Online Business Owners Share the Worst Ways to Make Money Online Student Loan Hero
Making money online is possible, but many money-making opportunities are a waste of time. In this article, three online business owners share their worst ...
- You should be your own privacy hero, but Apple makes it easier Fast Company
In a recent article, Bloomberg's Sara Frier asks the question “Is Apple Really Your Privacy Hero?” It's a click-baity enough headline on its own, but the article's ...
- How to Get Garage Loans for Additions or Remodeling Student Loan Hero
Are garage loans a good idea? How about other options? Consider the pros and cons of these four methods for financing your garage.
- The Top 5 Small Business Credit Cards For 2018 Forbes Now
If you're in the market for a new credit card, it's important to consider the full lineup of products available to you. From signup bonuses, to travel credits, ...
- Zomato sells UAE business to Delivery Hero Group for $172 million Business Standard
Online food technology giant Zomato has sold its food delivery business in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) to the Delivery Hero Group for around $172 million, ...
- Hero MotoCorp drives into used two-wheeler business with Hero Sure brand Business Standard
Hero MotoCorp, the country's biggest two-wheeler maker, has made an entry into the used two-wheeler business to offer buyers an option to exchange their old ...
- Best Personal Loans for Good Credit Student Loan Hero
Good credit opens a lot of doors in the world of borrowing. You'll have no problem finding personal loans to pay down higher-interest debt, buy big-ticket items or ...
- Marvel Icon Stan Lee Leaves a Legacy as Complex as His Heroes The Daily Beast
Stan Lee supercharged Marvel Comics into one of the most important cultural forces on the planet. But how much credit does he really deserve?
- Dare to Be 'Boring': The Best Businesses Are the Ones No One Talks About Entrepreneur
The era of billion-dollar valuations for shiny, sexy startups -- factors that used to attract VC money -- may be over.
- Is Cloudflare an internet hero or villain? Depends who you ask Fast Company
When it comes to the debate over online *content*, Facebook, Google, Twitter, Comcast, and Verizon get a lot more attention than Cloudflare. But the San ...
- What you need to know about the Spider-Man villain who appears in the 'Venom' after-credits scene INSIDER
The "Venom" after-credits scene features actor Woody Harrelson as the serial killer Cletus Kasady, who in the comic books becomes the Spider-Man/Venom foe, ...
- Why I Skipped Spring Break and Made Money Instead Student Loan Hero
Traveling during spring break can be a great way to step back from the demands of college, but it's expensive. If you want to ease some of your financial stress ...
- An entrepreneur won $40,000 to build his startup, but abandoned the idea after a matter of weeks — 6 years later, the company he built instead sold for $60 million INSIDER
Student Loan Hero, a personal finance site, was acquired for $60 million. But that milestone never would have happened if CEO Andy Josuweit stuck with his ...
- NASA engineer Mark Rober builds Amazon thief glitter bomb trap Fast Company
If you live in a heavily trafficked area, there's a good chance you've fallen prey to the Amazon thief–the person who sees a package on your doorstep and steals ...
- Move Over, Uber and Airbnb. These Are the Hottest Companies in San Francisco Inc.
Many of the Inc. 5000 companies that landed on this year's ranking of fastest-growing businesses in San Francisco are first-timers. They come from industries as ...
- How Useful Is a Business Education for the Aspiring Entrepreneur? Entrepreneur
When one plans to start their own business, no one will ask about their education. No one cares about the fact that Richard Branson dropped out of high school.
- How Important Is Your Credit Score When Getting a Loan? Student Loan Hero
Personal loan lenders are looking at your credit score when you apply for a loan. Here's what makes your score so important.
- 5 ways you're hurting your credit score Student Loan Hero
Sometimes we spend so much time trying to boost our credit score that we don't realize that we might be hurting it instead. Your credit score is typically made up ...
- 15 Free Online Business Courses You Can Take From Harvard, Yale, MIT and Other Amazing Schools Entrepreneur
Check out these free online courses from some of the most prestigious schools in the world.
- How 'Good' Debt Actually Helps You Boost Your Finances Student Loan Hero
Some types of debt can help you get ahead when it comes to your finances. Learn about good debt, how to keep it from going bad, and how to take your ...
- 9 Best Medical Loans in 2018 Student Loan Hero
Are you having trouble paying medical debt or are unable to afford an upcoming procedure? Here's where to find the best medical loans.
- New Southwest Cardholders Can Earn a Companion Pass Sign-up Bonus U.S. News & World Report
New cardholders earn the Southwest Companion Pass after spending $4000 in the first three months.
- NetCredit Personal Loan Review Student Loan Hero
This NetCredit personal loan review reveals everything you need to know about the lender's loan product. See if NetCredit is the right fit for you.
- Phil Knight on the Controversial Kaepernick Ad and Nike's Never-Give-Up Attitude Stanford Report
Silicon Valley is famous for the start-ups that began life in someone's garage. Nike, the iconic maker of athletic shoes, got its start in 1964 when its cofounder ...
- CircleBack Lending Is Gone: Here are Better Personal Loan Options Student Loan Hero
CircleBack Lending was one of the first peer-to-peer lenders but has since shut down. Here are five other top personal loan companies to consider.
- Why You Should Start a Business Only While You Have a Job Entrepreneur
If you are dreaming about starting your own business, I say go for it -- but do it wisely!
- Bajaj Auto, Hero MotoCorp in price war for two-wheeler market share Business Standard
The country's two biggest two-wheeler makers have quietly begun a price war and are banking on aggressive discounts and schemes, even in a month that ...
- What Happens to Your Credit Score When You Change Your Name? Student Loan Hero
Have you gotten married or divorced, or are you just looking for a change? Here's how changing your name impacts your credit score.
- What Happens to Personal Loan Liability in a Divorce? Student Loan Hero
When it comes to debt, the answers to these three questions can help determine who is liable for repayment of outstanding balances.
- How to Qualify for a Personal Loan (Without Putting Up Collateral) Student Loan Hero
An unsecured personal loan can help you reach your goals without putting up collateral, but you have to first qualify for one. Here are seven steps you can take ...