ShotTracker, a wrist sensor, net sensor and an app, is the first piece of affordable, wearable tech for basketball players who want to improve their shooting. ShotTracker automatically tracks shot attempts, makes, and misses.
- Man charged in shooting outside Goodlettsville business WKRN News 2
The 22-year-old man suspected of shooting his coworker earlier this week in the parking lot of a Goodlettsville business was arrested Thursday night. Treondois ...
- Lake Worth business owner died in fatal shooting, family says Palm Beach Post
Jorge Vargas Cruz, who opened Cruz Fashion in Lake Worth in 2017, was shot to death Wednesday at his Lake Avenue business, family members said ...
- Reward offered in shooting death of Lake Worth Beach business owner Palm Beach Post
Jorge Vargas Cruz was found shot to death at his Lake Avenue store on Wednesday, the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office said. LAKE WORTH - Authorities ...
- Colorado teachers get litter boxes to use as toilets during lockdowns INSIDER
In some Colorado schools, teachers are asking parents to bring in buckets filled with kitty litter to act as a toilet if children are trapped in their classrooms during ...
- 251 Mass Shootings Are No Reason To Panic - And Response The Chattanoogan
Every day since the El Paso shootings ABC news has repeatedly referenced the story that there have been 251 mass shootings this year in the USA. That report ...
- Anticipation Is Everything for Teams and Leagues With Tech Accelerators SportTechie
With any business partnership comes legal considerations, particularly when that partnership can involve ground-breaking ideas.
- 2019 Startups to Watch: ShotTracker sensors detect high-scoring year for sports tech firm Startland News
Editor's note: Startland selected 12 Kansas City firms to spotlight for its annual Startups to Watch list. The following is one of 2019's companies. Click here to view ...
- ShotTracker Partners with Mountain West To Provide Instant Basketball Tracking and Analytics Data During Games and Practices PRNewswire
OVERLAND PARK, Kan., May 15, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- ShotTracker, today announced it has partnered with the Mountain West to provide basketball data ...
- Mountain West Continues Innovative Trend, Hopes To Persuade NCAA To Embrace In-Game Technology Forbes
The Mountain West Conference recently agreed to a five-year deal with ShotTracker to use the basketball analytics platform league-wide. But Mountain West ...
- Your Apps Know Where You Were Last Night, and They're Not Keeping It Secret New York Times
Dozens of companies use smartphone locations to help advertisers and even hedge funds. They say it's anonymous, but the data shows how personal it is.
- ShotTracker continues strong growth Silicon Prairie News
In January 2009, Bruce Ianni received the Pipeline Innovator of the Year award, but little did he know that he would be finding his partner for his next venture ...
- In NCAA Experiment, ShotTracker Will Introduce Data Revolution To College Basketball Forbes
Tech disruption is finally coming to college basketball: For the first time in Division I, live updates will be transmitted to the bench via an app during an NCAA ...
- Video shows gunman on February shooting rampage inside Illinois business WTHR
AURORA, Ill. (WTHR) — Police are giving an inside look at a mass shooting in Aurora, Illinois from February. Newly released security video shows police ...
- Tracking Phones, Google Is a Dragnet for the Police New York Times
The tech giant records people's locations worldwide. Now, investigators are using it to find suspects and witnesses near crimes, running the risk of snaring the ...
- CBS Sports Deploys ShotTracker at Mountain West Tourney During Busy Conference-Championship Week Sports Video Group
CBS and CBS Sports Network are once again setting the table for March Madness with a jam-packed schedule of conference-tournament coverage: the Big Ten, ...
- Smartphone apps that golfers will want on the course WTHR
It's the start of golf season and many are hoping this will be the year they take their game to the next level. Adding the right golf app to your smartphone could ...
- HomeCourt: Ex-Apple engineers building an AI app for basketball Business Insider
Apple recently highlighted an app that uses an iPhone and machine learning to understand whether a basketball shot went in the hoop or not. The company ...
- IBM Watson's AI Technology Is Tracking Over 20,000 Shots At The Masters To Automate The Highlights Forbes
While the Masters is rooted in tradition, with many decades of history on the course, this weekend's action will have a very different look, thanks to technology.
- Man shot, killed outside Buckhead businesses WSB Atlanta
Police said a 23-year-old man was shot at the shopping center off Bennett Street and Peachtree Road.
- ShotTracker stepping up its game; Merriam business to bring high-tech analytics to all levels of basketball Shawnee Mission Post
Driving by on I-35, you'd never know one of basketball's newest technological revolutions is about to be launched from a former warehouse on the frontage road ...
- Sun Prairie business in middle of year-long heroin probe WKOW
Federal and state records show a Sun Prairie auto business is in the middle of a year-long heroin investigation that's produced two arrests so far.
- Facebook takes another completely unnecessary shot at Apple’s business model BGR
Facebook and Apple have been taking thinly veiled shots at each other over the last few years, the cadence of which really picked up in the wake of Facebook's ...
- Top 6 Reasons why IoT is the Biggest Innovation for the App Industry Irish Tech News
Image source: www.customerthink.com. While there are a lot of classical definitions of Internet of Things (IoT), cohesively it's an umbrella term describing the ...
- The best sport tracker for golf, soccer, baseball, basketball, boxing Business Insider
If you want to improve at baseball, basketball, soccer, golf, or boxing, there's a great sport-specific activity tracker out there for you.
- Uncertainty over next PM knocks confidence, say UK business leaders The Guardian
Confidence among British business leaders has been knocked by Theresa May's resignation and uncertainty over who will succeed her as prime minister, ...
- Man found dead behind Buckhead business linked to break-ins, police say WSB Atlanta
Investigators say early Monday morning a homeless man found the victim lying outside a car, which was parked in between buildings on Bennett Street, and ...
- Back to work in Aurora: Shock of workplace shooting won't go away soon Crain's Chicago Business
Starting Monday, most of the 210 employees of Henry Pratt Co. are scheduled to return to their jobs. They will find a changed factory floor.
- Police say dispute led to shooting at northwest side business WTHR
Police say a dispute led to two people being shot in the parking lot of a northwest side Autozone.
- Steph Curry's chase for perfection and the wild world of shot analytics NBCSports.com
Ahead of his fifth NBA Finals, Steph Curry is chasing history. Tom Haberstroh takes an inside look at Curry's incredible run at the free-throw line, his chase for ...
- Apple took several swipes at Google and Facebook at its biggest software event of the year CNBC
Apple has been rhetorically attacking Google and Facebook for years over how those companies handle user privacy. At its annual developer's conference on ...
- ShotTracker Named CES 2019 Innovation Awards Honoree SportTechie
OVERLAND PARK, Kan. (Nov. 12, 2018) — ShotTracker, the revolutionary sensor-based system that delivers live stats and analytics via an app to coaches,
- A new business in small satellites orbiting the Earth The Economist
IN MAY 1999 a group of researchers from the Technical University of Berlin launched an unusual satellite. At a time when most of the machinery in orbit weighed ...
- Strong domestic business shot in the arm for Torrent Pharma stock Business Standard
Shares of Torrent Pharmaceuticals have corrected by over 20 per cent since hitting 52-week highs in March. Concerns about the company's US business after ...
- POWER RANKING: Here's who has the best chance of becoming the 2020 Democratic presidential nominee Business Insider
We've combined INSIDER's polling and results of Morning Consult's daily survey to create a power ranking of declared and potential 2020 candidates.
- Deputies: Disgruntled customer fired shots at auto repair shop owner WSOC Charlotte
LINCOLN COUNTY, N.C. - Detectives said they have spoken with the district attorney's office about increasing charges for a man accused of opening fire at an ...
- MAN FIRED BB GUN INTO BUSINESSES: BB gun bandit accused of firing shots into several Caldwell Co. businesses WSOC Charlotte
Deputies have arrested a man accused of firing a BB gun into several Caldwell County businesses.
- This Kansas-based company wants to change basketball — starting with four games in KC The Kansas City Star
ShotTracker, a Kansas-based company, will be partnering with the National Association of Basketball Coaches to provide live stats and analytics for the college ...
- Apple is taking on Facebook and Google by doubling down on privacy, but the plan could backfire in an epic way Business Insider
Apple's unveiled new privacy features on Monday that could help it with consumers, but hurt it with developers and regulators.
- School Shooting Tracker: Counting school shootings since 2013 NBC News
The NBC News school shooting tracker follows gun violence in schools across the U.S. and is updated daily.
- Shots fired at occupied car, business windows in Bellevue KIRO Seattle
Gunshots struck two cars, one of them occupied, as well as the windows of a business at a Bellevue shopping center late Monday.
- Gene Therapy Appears to Be Beating Once-Incurable Diseases Bloomberg
Gene therapy appears to successfully treat once-incurable patients like “bubble boy” Omarion Jordan. But progress like this doesn't come cheap.
- The Masters: All New 'Track' Feature Garnering Rave Reviews Forbes
The Masters has minted a new tradition that's already almost right up there on the high-esteem leaderboard with the honorary starters opening tee shots and the ...
- Man killed by officer after stabbing victim at business in Renton KIRO Seattle
Video shows a knife-wielding man lunging for a customer in a Renton bar. That man was shot and killed by a Renton police officer.
- Holy police tech, Batman! Denver officers can now shoot your car with a GPS tracker if you try to flee The Denver Post
Denver police are testing technology that allows officers to shoot an adhesive GPS tracker at your car if you try to run from officers in hopes that it will help ...
- Bartonville police say no shooting happened near business week.com
BARTONVILLE, Ill. (WEEK) -- Bartonville Police Chief Brian Fengel says officers have determined there was no shooting Friday night at SC2. In a statement,
- Lemnis Technologies to Exhibit at SIGGRAPH 2019 Business Wire
SIGGRAPH 2019: Lemnis Technologies to unveil Verifocal™ mixed reality headsets with new generation eye tracker.
- Fitbit’s newest fitness tracker is just for employees and health insurance members TechCrunch
Fitbit has a new fitness tracker, but it's one that you can't buy in stores. The company quietly uncorked the Inspire on Friday, releasing its first product that is ...
- 2018 'worst year for US school shootings' BBC News
This year, 113 people have been killed or injured in school shootings in the United States. That's the sobering finding of a project to count the annual toll of gun ...
- A Tech Expert Says Google Chrome Has Become Spy Software ScienceAlert
You open your browser to look at the Web. Do you know who is looking back at you? Over a recent week of Web surfing, I peered under the hood of Google ...
- The Daily Shot: Small Business Sentiment Sours Wall Street Journal
To receive the Daily Shot newsletter in your inbox, please sign up at our Email Center. Previous issues of the Daily Shot are available online at ...
- Go hunt or stay home? Social apps take some of the guesswork out Crain's Detroit Business
What's better than turning a hobby into a business? Turning it into a business that has attracted eager venture-capital funding, a rapid rise in customer adoption ...
- All-Clear: "Active shooter" alarm causes scare at Alpharetta business WSB Atlanta
Police said the Fiserv financial tech company was evacuated Tuesday morning after an "audible" alarm went off inside the building warning of an active shooter.
- Lawmakers, businesses warned as Sacramento awaits Stephon Clark decision Sacramento Bee
As Sacramento, California, awaits decision on possible charges for officers who killed Stephon Clark, lawmakers were told to avoid the Capitol and businesses ...
- ShotTracker Raises $10.4 Million Series A, Including Repeat Participation By David Stern Forbes Now
Basketball statistical and analytical company ShotTracker has raised $10.4 million in a Series A round of funding, including participation by former NBA ...
- No Coast finalists: Startup heavyweights among award contenders Startland News
KC Tech Council released finalists Wednesday for its No Coast awards — a celebration of trailblazing innovators across the tech industry in KC.
- Suspect wanted after non-fatal shooting at business in Southfield Fox 2 Detroit
Police are looking for a suspect after a shooting at a business in Southfield.
- GE's Larry Culp Faces Ultimate CEO Test in Trying to Save a Once-Great Company Bloomberg
The new chief executive is trying to summon his inner Jack Welch.
- Providence business damaged after car rams into building WPRI.com
PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WPRI) — A local business was significantly damaged after a car slammed into it Monday night. The incident happened at A&M International ...
- Watch how ShotTracker technology works in real time Kansas City Star
Kansas-based company ShotTracker will partner with the NCAA's Hall of Fame Classic at Sprint Center in November to provide real-time stats and analytics to ...
- Free agency tracker: More bench players coming off the board on Day 3 NBCSports.com
This is one of the biggest offseasons in franchise history for the Sixers. Keep track of all the latest NBA free agency rumors and rumblings right here.
- Rhinos now wear GPS trackers in their horns Fast Company
In a sprawling wildlife preserve in Zimbabwe larger than Grand Canyon National Park, some of the rhinos roaming the park have sensors embedded in their ...
- Business check turns into Goodlettsville drug bust WKRN News 2
A business check turned into a drug investigation for police in Goodlettsville Thursday afternoon.
- Shot in the arm for Apollo: New hospitals to inject profits, revenue grows Business Standard
A robust March quarter performance and expectations of a stronger 2019-20 (FY20) helped the Apollo Hospitals stock gain 13 per cent in two trading sessions.
- Tesla’s Top-Line Shot Awaits Bottom-Line Chaser Bloomberg
Investors don't know whether record second-quarter deliveries will add up to meaningful profit or cash flow.
- Recode Daily: Facebook can't afford to miss the next big thing. Vox
After “nearly missing” the mobile revolution, Facebook saved itself in 2011 by making a company-wide pivot away from desktop and toward mobile use of its ...
- Rich Women Increasingly Calling the Shots, Wealth Heads Say Bloomberg
Rich women mean big business for some of the world's largest wealth managers.
- Disney's 'Avengers: Endgame' on pace to dethrone 'Avatar' with $3 billion at the box office CNBC
"Avengers: Endgame" is on pace to do something no other film has ever been able to do — surpass $3 billion at the global box office.
- Virginia shooting: 12 killed after disgruntled employee opens fire Business Standard
A disgruntled veteran public utilities employee stormed a government building in the US State of Virginia and fired indiscriminately at his co-workers, killing at ...
- 'Next thing I know, he is pulling a gun': Colorado student on school shooting that killed 1, injured 8 NBC News
Nui Giasolli, a senior at STEM School Highlands Ranch, where two gunmen opened fire killing one and injuring eight others, spoke to the Today Show.
- No-Deal Brexit Threat Is Act of Self-Harm, Business Chief Says Bloomberg
Threatening to leave the European Union without a deal isn't likely to win Britain concessions from the bloc, the country's biggest business group said in a ...
- Step inside ShotTracker’s new high-tech headquarters [PHOTOS] Kansas City Business Journal
ShotTracker COO Davyeon Ross talks about ShotTracker's progress and gives a guided tour of the company's new high-tech headquarters.
- Suspect named in murder of Fayetteville man found outside business WRAL.com
Police in Fayetteville were searching for clues after a man's body was found outside a business overnight Friday, authorities said.
- null Inc.
Kansas City-based ShotTracker develops wearable tech for athletes and teams, projecting their stats in real-time to coaches and fans.
- BASF Profit Warning Ripples Through Economy From Cars to Crops Bloomberg
BASF SE fired a warning shot signaling a weakening global economy, as the world's largest chemical company said slowing markets from cars to crops and the ...
- J&J Ebola Shot Languishes, Making Merck Vaccine Only Option Bloomberg
Johnson & Johnson's experimental Ebola vaccine sits idle in a Dutch warehouse, ready to help counter the international crisis erupting in Africa -- if authorities ...
- South Korea jets fires warning shots at Russian military aircraft Business Standard
South Korean warplanes fired hundreds of warning shots at a Russian military aircraft that entered South Korean airspace on Tuesday, defence officials said, ...
- Pakistan closes its airspace after claiming to shoot down 2 Indian jets in a rapidly escalating conflict Business Insider
Pakistan says it shot down two Indian aircraft that crossed into Pakistan's line of control in the disputed Kashmir region.
- Meal Delivery Startup DoorDash Has a Shot at Profits. Yes, Really Bloomberg
A year ago, DoorDash Inc. looked like just another meal delivery app maker on its way out. The company was burning cash as it struggled to differentiate its ...
- ‘I’m Not Apple’: Small Businesses Squeezed by Trump’s Tariffs Bloomberg
Figuring out how to pay another looming tariff bill isn't the way Robert Heiblim would've chosen to spend National Small Business Week.
- Business First names Albuquerque's 40 Under Forty KOB
Rachel Sams of Albuquerque Business First came by KOB to discuss the reveal of their 40 Under Forty list!
- David Ortiz Flown to Boston After Being Shot in Dominican Republic Bloomberg
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic (AP) -- David Ortiz was back in Boston for medical care after authorities said the former Red Sox slugger affectionately ...
- Five civilians dead, five police officers injured in Aurora, Illinois, business shooting STLtoday.com
Police have identified the gunman who killed five people at a suburban Chicago business and shot and wounded five police officers.
- TBI: 'Man charged in deadly shooting outside Marion County business' WRCB-TV
The TBI says 35-year-old Benjamin Desrosier is charged with criminal homicide in the shooting death of 30-year-old Timothy Matthew Shirley in the 6400 block ...
- Shooting in India was intimidating: Chris Hemsworth Business Standard
Read more about Shooting in India was intimidating: Chris Hemsworth on Business Standard. Chris Hemsworth, whose daughter is named India, holds the ...
- Moon shot: Toyota Motor Corp, Japan space agency plan lunar mission Business Standard
Read more about Moon shot: Toyota Motor Corp, Japan space agency plan lunar mission on Business Standard. 'It's an extremely challenging project, and we ...
- Bill tracker: From car tab to bus-only lanes, which transportation proposals still have a shot in Olympia? Seattle Times
Below is a list of the bills Traffic Lab is tracking in the final weeks of the legislative session, which is set to end April 28. We'll be updating the...
- SPN report: KC underperformed on venture deals by $100M in 2018 Startland News
Google Fiber infrastructure isn't enough to power a vibrant startup ecosystem rich with venture-backed investments, according to a new report.
- Employee shot twice during robbery at Kannapolis cab company WSOC Charlotte
Officials in Cabarrus County told Channel 9 the shooting happened around 7 a.m. at Carolina Taxi on South Main Street.
- Kansas Lawsuits over shootings at Kansas business settled for $2M Associated Press 4:54 PM KSHB
The families of victims of a mass shooting at a central Kansas business in 2016 have won a $2 million legal settlement from a pawn shop that sold the firearms to ...
- Matt Kuchar-caddie controversy not black or white or anyone's business Golf Channel
The Matt Kuchar-caddie controversy that erupted over Twitter last week didn't paint a full picture and, really, shouldn't have been brought to public light.
- Three shot, one trampled at teen hangout on Main Street KSHB
Three people were shot and a fourth person was trampled Saturday night inside Local Legends Gaming in the 3900 block of Main Street in Kansas City, ...
- Look closely: Independence businesses to be featured in Super Bowl commercial KSHB
Kansas City area residents might notice a few familiar places in a commercial set to air during the Super Bowl.
- Tracking your pregnancy on an app may be more public than you think The Denver Post
Like millions of women, Diana Diller was a devoted user of the pregnancy-tracking app Ovia, logging in every night to record new details on a screen asking ...
- Man shot multiple times in armed carjacking, family says KSHB
A man closing up his family-owned business on Wednesday night was shot multiple times during an armed carjacking, according to family and Kansas City, ...
- Cutting edge: How Kansas State women's basketball is staying ahead of the curve with ShotTracker Manhattan Mercury
This past summer, Kansas State women's basketball assistant coach Chris Carr, who considers himself a forward thinker, brought an idea that could change the ...
- LTFS gives rural women shot at pitching a business plan BusinessLine
L&T Financial Services (LTFS) has conceptualised a 'Digital Sakhi' programme for women from rural under-resourced communities. As part of the ...
- The best characters to play in 'Apex Legends,' ranked Business Insider
Of the eight playable characters in "Apex Legends," some have clear advantages over others.
- WeWork's Rapid Growth Has Some Lenders Cautious Over Losses Bloomberg
The owner of a London office building negotiated a lease with a company that wanted all eight floors. To his surprise, his bankers at ING Groep NV shot it down.
- Qatar Air Still Crossing Iran as Airspace Ban Limits Options Bloomberg
Qatar Airways is among a handful of carriers still flying over the Strait of Hormuz amid ratcheting tensions between the U.S. and Iran that saw an American drone ...
- 2nd victim dies from shooting at East Texas plumbing company WRDW-TV
Authorities say a second person injured during a shooting last week at an East Texas plumbing company has died.