ShotTracker, a wrist sensor, net sensor and an app, is the first piece of affordable, wearable tech for basketball players who want to improve their shooting. ShotTracker automatically tracks shot attempts, makes, and misses.
- Steph Curry's chase for perfection and the wild world of shot analytics NBCSports.com
Ahead of his fifth NBA Finals, Steph Curry is chasing history. Tom Haberstroh takes an inside look at Curry's incredible run at the free-throw line, his chase for ...
- ShotTracker scores big win with NCAA conference Kansas City Business Journal
What started as a pilot project for ShotTracker has transformed into a much bigger partnership with one of the top NCAA basketball conferences. ShotTracker ...
- ShotTracker makes big debut in NCAA tournament at Sprint Center [PHOTOS] Kansas City Business Journal
ShotTracker LLC has checked off a number of firsts, several of which happened during this week's Hall of Fame Classic, an NCAA Division I basketball ...
- ShotTracker gets OK for coaches to use in-game (Video) - Kansas City Business Kansas City Business Journal
The NCAA will let coaches at the Hall of Fame Classic use ShotTracker LLC's technology during games at Sprint Center — a first for Division I basketball.
- ShotTracker partners with entire Mountain West NCAA conference Startland News
The game is all about proliferating ShotTracker's technology, said Davyeon Ross, announcing a new partnership with the Mountain West conference.
- 2019 Startups to Watch: ShotTracker sensors detect high-scoring year for sports tech firm Startland News
Editor's note: Startland selected 12 Kansas City firms to spotlight for its annual Startups to Watch list. The following is one of 2019's companies. Click here to view ...
- School Shooting Tracker: Counting school shootings since 2013 NBC News
The NBC News school shooting tracker follows gun violence in schools across the U.S. and is updated daily.
- ShotTracker scores big deal: NCAA early-season tourney (Video) - Kansas City Business Kansas City Business Journal
For the first time, Merriam-based ShotTracker will deploy its sensor-driven data system at an NCAA Division I basketball game. The rollout also will include a fan ...
- In NCAA Experiment, ShotTracker Will Introduce Data Revolution To College Basketball Forbes
Tech disruption is finally coming to college basketball: For the first time in Division I, live updates will be transmitted to the bench via an app during an NCAA ...
- Your Apps Know Where You Were Last Night, and They're Not Keeping It Secret New York Times
Dozens of companies use smartphone locations to help advertisers and even hedge funds. They say it's anonymous, but the data shows how personal it is.
- HomeCourt: Ex-Apple engineers building an AI app for basketball Business Insider
Apple recently highlighted an app that uses an iPhone and machine learning to understand whether a basketball shot went in the hoop or not. The company ...
- Mountain West Continues Innovative Trend, Hopes To Persuade NCAA To Embrace In-Game Technology Forbes
The Mountain West Conference recently agreed to a five-year deal with ShotTracker to use the basketball analytics platform league-wide. But Mountain West ...
- CBS Sports Deploys ShotTracker at Mountain West Tourney During Busy Conference-Championship Week Sports Video Group
CBS and CBS Sports Network are once again setting the table for March Madness with a jam-packed schedule of conference-tournament coverage: the Big Ten, ...
- ShotTracker Named CES 2019 Innovation Awards Honoree PRNewswire
OVERLAND PARK, Kan., Nov. 12, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- ShotTracker, the revolutionary sensor-based system that delivers live stats and analytics via an app to ...
- The best sport tracker for golf, soccer, baseball, basketball, boxing Business Insider
If you want to improve at baseball, basketball, soccer, golf, or boxing, there's a great sport-specific activity tracker out there for you.
- NCAA to Permit ShotTracker Technology on Benches at 2018 Hall of Fame Classic PR Newswire
KANSAS CITY, Mo., Oct. 11, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- For the first time ever in Division I men's college basketball, teams competing at the 2018 Hall of Fame ...
- Merriam sports tech company scores $10.4M funding boost Kansas City Business Journal
The additional funding will allow ShotTracker to focus on not only securing global partnership opportunities, but on boosting the number of its technology ...
- Tiger Tracker: Shot-by-shot recap of Tiger Woods' final round at Players Championship Golfweek
We'll be tracking every shot from Tiger Woods' final round of the Players Championship Sunday at TPC Sawgrass in Ponte Vedra, Fla.
- Google knows everywhere you go — here's how to stop it from tracking you and delete the logs CNBC
If you use Google apps on your phone, Google keeps a log of everywhere you go with stunning detail. Here's how to stop Google from tracking your location and ...
- Tiger Tracker: Shot-by-shot recap from Tiger Woods' final round of WGC-Mexico Golfweek
Tiger Woods is 6 under overall and looking for a top-10 finish Sunday in the final round of the WGC-Mexico Championship. We'll be tracking every shot from ...
- Greenwood snowplow tracker helps drivers, business owners WISH-TV
Greenwood GIS technician Tom Maggard said the mapping system has been in place for snowplow drivers for about two years. Now, it's public.
- Tiger Woods misses the cut at PGA Championship The Washington Post
Tiger Woods's lengthy comeback from a litany of physical and personal problems peaked last month at the Masters. His fifth win at Augusta National Golf Club ...
- Many apps on your phone are tracking everywhere you go — here's how to stop them CNBC
A report from The New York Times recently revealed that it can be pretty easy to identify someone using location data collected by apps on our phones.
- Dressbarn is going out of business, plans to shut all 650 stores CNBC
Ascena Retail Group said Monday it's winding down its Dressbarn business and plans to shut all 650 or so of the women's clothing stores in order to focus on its ...
- Colorado STEM school shooting: Suspects appear in court and everything else we know NBC News
STEM School Highlands Ranch shooters have been identified as Devon Erickson and a juvenile. The school is in a Denver suburb in Colorado.
- Shots fired at occupied car, business windows in Bellevue KIRO Seattle
Gunshots struck two cars, one of them occupied, as well as the windows of a business at a Bellevue shopping center late Monday.
- Marriott plans to launch home-rental market platform that would compete with Airbnb, report says CNBC
Marriott International is gearing up to be the first major hotel company to launch a platform aimed at the home-rental business with the goal of competing with ...
- 2018 'worst year for US school shootings' BBC News
This year, 113 people have been killed or injured in school shootings in the United States. That's the sobering finding of a project to count the annual toll of gun ...
- Student wounded in 'premeditated' Arkansas middle school shooting NBC News
An Arkansas eighth-grader brought a concealed weapon to school and shot a fellow classmate on Monday morning in what police described as a "premeditated ...
- Colorado STEM school shooting: One dead, 8 injured, 2 in custody NBC News
One person died after two suspected student shooters opened fire at a STEM school in the Denver suburb of Highlands Ranch. Eight others were injured and ...
- Most Wanted: Man sought in shooting outside of Nashville business WKRN News 2
Metro police identified Deundre Bridges, 30, as the man who shot another man in the chest outside of Cameron's Janitorial *Service* on Jefferson Street around ...
- Fitbit’s newest fitness tracker is just for employees and health insurance members TechCrunch
Fitbit has a new fitness tracker, but it's one that you can't buy in stores. The company quietly uncorked the Inspire on Friday, releasing its first product that is ...
- UNC Charlotte shooting suspect Trystan Terrell had no interest in guns, grandfather says NBC News
Trystan Terrell is accused of killing two and wounding four in a shooting at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte.
- Holy police tech, Batman! Denver officers can now shoot your car with a GPS tracker if you try to flee The Denver Post
Denver police are testing technology that allows officers to shoot an adhesive GPS tracker at your car if you try to run from officers in hopes that it will help ...
- ShotTracker Raises $10.4 Million Series A, Including Repeat Participation By David Stern Forbes Now
Basketball statistical and analytical company ShotTracker has raised $10.4 million in a Series A round of funding, including participation by former NBA ...
- POWER RANKING: Here's who has the best chance of becoming the 2020 Democratic presidential nominee Business Insider
The Democratic 2020 presidential field is set to be one of the largest, most competitive, and most unpredictable in modern history with 24 declared candidates.
- Convicted felon wanted after man shot outside Jefferson Street business WKRN News 2
Metro police are searching for a convicted felon after a man was shot in Nashville Monday night.
- Disney's 'Avengers: Endgame' on pace to dethrone 'Avatar' with $3 billion at the box office CNBC
"Avengers: Endgame" is on pace to do something no other film has ever been able to do — surpass $3 billion at the global box office.
- ShotTracker stepping up its game; Merriam business to bring high-tech analytics to all levels of basketball Shawnee Mission Post
Driving by on I-35, you'd never know one of basketball's newest technological revolutions is about to be launched from a former warehouse on the frontage road ...
- Pakistan closes its airspace after claiming to shoot down 2 Indian jets in a rapidly escalating conflict Business Insider
Pakistan says it shot down two Indian aircraft that crossed into Pakistan's line of control in the disputed Kashmir region.
- Lawmakers, businesses warned as Sacramento awaits Stephon Clark decision Sacramento Bee
As Sacramento, California, awaits decision on possible charges for officers who killed Stephon Clark, lawmakers were told to avoid the Capitol and businesses ...
- Five civilians dead, five police officers injured in Aurora, Illinois, business shooting STLtoday.com
Police have identified the gunman who killed five people at a suburban Chicago business and shot and wounded five police officers.
- Rich Women Increasingly Calling the Shots, Wealth Heads Say Bloomberg
Rich women mean big business for some of the world's largest wealth managers.
- Meal Delivery Startup DoorDash Has a Shot at Profits. Yes, Really Bloomberg
A year ago, DoorDash Inc. looked like just another meal delivery app maker on its way out. The company was burning cash as it struggled to differentiate its ...
- Here Are the 'Shark Tank' Judges' Investment Track Records Inc.
This company didn't get a deal. But that didn't matter: Since its appearance in season 4, its revenue growth of over 2,000 percent has made it the best performer ...
- Welcome to the Data-Charged Future of Sports SportTechie
At the Nov. 19-20 Hall of Fame Classic, ShotTracker will provide basketball coaches with in-game data for the first time ever.
- Facebook May Actually Launch a Functional Privacy Tool New York Magazine
The company warned advertisers that ad-targeting may suffering as a result of the long-delayed tool announced more than a year ago.
- Two teens turn themselves in, face charges in St. Johnsbury shooting vtdigger.org
Arther Butler (left), 17, of Topsham, and John Emerson III, 18, of Newbury, turned themselves into police on Tuesday. St. Johnsbury Police photos. This story was ...
- No Coast finalists: Startup heavyweights among award contenders Startland News
KC Tech Council released finalists Wednesday for its No Coast awards — a celebration of trailblazing innovators across the tech industry in KC.
- Atlanta Fed's closely watched GDP tracker shows next to no growth for first quarter CNBC
The Atlanta Fed's GDPNow initial model estimate shows negligible growth for the first quarter — just 0.3 percent.
- RI launches online tool to support small business owners WPRI 12 Eyewitness News
PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WPRI) -- To coincide with National Small Business Week, Rhode Island launched an interactive online tool to support small business ...
- Watch as Charles Barkley’s terrible round of golf is given hilarious shot tracer treatment The Sun
NBA great and notoriously dreadful golfer had the flight of his ball traced... with calamitous results.
- What we know about the company behind the KMCO Crosby plant fire Houston Chronicle
The Crosby chemical plant where a fire Tuesday killed one and injured two is owned by the specialty chemical company KMCO LLC, a subsidiary of an Austin ...
- Police: Man broke into padlocked Church Street business to have sex, steal liquor WKRN News 2
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) — The man suspected of burglarizing a padlocked business on Church Street last month told investigators he did it “to have sexual ...
- Nashville business owner fights back after multiple robberies, burglaries WKRN News 2
Surveillance video shows thieves breaking into the Sprint store on Bell Road in Antioch on Mar. 29.
- BBB Tip: Booking a Hotel Room Better Business Bureau
When booking a hotel room for your upcoming trip, be sure to follow these tips from the Better Business Bureau and the American Hotel and Lodging Association ...
- 23 celebrities, professional athletes, and politicians Trump has golfed with as president Business Insider
President Donald Trump has golfed with dozens of athletes, celebrities, and lawmakers at his courses around the world since taking office.
- The best characters to play in 'Apex Legends,' ranked Business Insider
Of the eight playable characters in "Apex Legends," some have clear advantages over others.
- Columbine school shooting 20 years later: Victims' families reflect on what has changed and what hasn't NBC News
20 years after the mass shooting at Columbine High School, survivors and parents say it 'makes you feel sometimes hopeless' that school shootings still ...
- Workers Overdose on the Job, and Employers Struggle to Respond The New York Times
Many businesses are ill-equipped or unwilling to deal with opioid addiction even as it has driven up health costs and hurt productivity.
- null Inc.
Kansas City-based ShotTracker develops wearable tech for athletes and teams, projecting their stats in real-time to coaches and fans.
- United Neuroscience's Alzheimer Vaccine Just Might Work Bloomberg
United Neuroscience's small Phase II trial appears to have overcome a decades-old hurdle.
- A shot in the arm for electric mobility BusinessLine
FAME 2.0's focus on buses and its model of delivering subsidies are laudable. It could serve as a template for other countries.
- CEO Ritch Allison Personally Pitches Domino's From Pizza's Pinnacle Chief Executive Group
CEO Ritch Allison is presiding over an extension of Domino's dominance of the pizza industry after taking over the company last summer.
- Seven People Shot at House Party Near Ball State University Bloomberg
Police say seven people have been shot at an off-campus party near Ball State University in Indiana.
- 2019 NBA trade deadline: Completed deals USA TODAY
All of the completed deals leading up to the NBA's Feb. 7 trade deadline are below. For all of the deals, rumors and analysis from deadline day, check out our ...
- Zillow Wants to Flip Your House Bloomberg
A new breed of high-tech real estate flippers is using algorithms (and a healthy dose of Silicon Valley venture capital) to buy at massive scale.
- The 25 best new apps of 2018 Fast Company
Just when you thought there weren't any more apps worth downloading, along comes 2018 with plenty of *fresh* ideas. Some of these apps first appeared this ...
- Step inside ShotTracker’s new high-tech headquarters [PHOTOS] Kansas City Business Journal
ShotTracker COO Davyeon Ross talks about ShotTracker's progress and gives a guided tour of the company's new high-tech headquarters.
- IIIT-H incubator offers PhDs a shot at entrepreneurship BusinessLine
The Centre of Innovation and Entrepreneurship (CIE) at the International Institute of Information Technology Hyderabad (IIIT-H) has launched a Post-Doctoral ...
- Massachusetts woman charged with running illegal cannabis business WSOC Charlotte
A Massachusetts woman was arrested and charged in connection with a black-market marijuana delivery *service*.
- Family believes road rage shooting that killed man could be hate crime WTHR
Ayoubi's family say he drove into the Lakeview Crossing at Eagle Creek apartments to get away from the other driver but the road rage shooting resulted in his ...
- WeWork's Rapid Growth Has Some Lenders Cautious Over Losses Bloomberg
The owner of a London office building negotiated a lease with a company that wanted all eight floors. To his surprise, his bankers at ING Groep NV shot it down.
- In-depth look at complete Cincinnati Bengals 2019 draft class Cincinnati.com
The NFL Draft is taking place in Nashville, Tennessee this weekend, continuing with the second and third round on Friday (7 p.m.) and the final four rounds on ...
- Uber Proposals Value Company at $120 Billion in a Possible IPO The Wall Street Journal
The ride-hailing company recently received proposals from banks valuing it at as much as $120 billion in an initial public offering that could take place early next ...
- Man shot to death outside Jacksonville laundry business The Florida Times-Union
A man was shot and killed Tuesday afternoon next to a coin laundry at Merrill Road and Red Oak Drive, according to the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office.Officers ...
- Camera-based launch monitors, radar trigger golf range revolution Golfweek
Many golf ranges have offered pretty much the same experience for decades. Buckets or bags of balls, a space to swing, a sprinkling of targets. Conditions vary ...
- Iceland’s Wow Air Shuts Down After Failing to Raise New Cash Bloomberg
Wow Air Hf has gone out of business, stranding thousands of passengers and creating potentially huge risks for Iceland's tiny economy and its growing reliance ...
- Snoop Dogg-Backed Firm Enters Race for Precise Marijuana Dosing Bloomberg
Legal weed is looking for its shot glass. Investors are pouring money into the race to develop devices that promise precise marijuana dosing. It's part of an effort ...
- Georgia abortion bill: Hollywood's elite, including Alyssa Milano, Amy Schumer and Alec Baldwin, threatens Georgia boycott over "heartbeat" bill abortion ban as other states try to poach business CBS News
Members of Hollywood's elite have banded together to urge Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp to veto the state's controversial "heartbeat bill," a piece of legislation that ...
- Investigators: Teen tried to scam state out of $20M+ with online business WSB Atlanta
SOUTH FULTON COUNTY, Ga. - UPDATE Thursday 7:45 p.m.: The city of South Fulton confirmed suspicion of more local bank fraud in the investigation into ...
- UK bankers on standby as City readies no-deal contingency plans The Guardian
Hundreds of UK bankers at JP Morgan and dozens from Goldman Sachs are on standby for relocation to EU offices by 29 March, regardless of parliament's vote ...
- NHL tests puck and player tracking in regular-season games The Associated Press
LAS VEGAS (AP) — On one screen live video was showing how many feet per second Erik Karlsson was skating. On another was a video-game-like ...
- AAF 2019: What went wrong and what happens next following league's sudden shutdown CBS Sports
A lot has led to the AAF's fall, so let's dive into the main issues.
- How To Invest In Cannabis IPOs Forbes
The cannabis market is heating up and recent cannabis IPOs have allowed early investors to reap big gains. Investing in IPOs and RTOs has risks, and many ...
- Cutting edge: How Kansas State women's basketball is staying ahead of the curve with ShotTracker Manhattan Mercury
This past summer, Kansas State women's basketball assistant coach Chris Carr, who considers himself a forward thinker, brought an idea that could change the ...
- Facebook reportedly gets deeply personal info, such as ovulation times and heart rate, from some apps CNBC
Facebook receives highly personal information from apps that track your health and help you find a new home, testing by The Wall Street Journal found.
- Fitbit's new trackers are cheap and work well, but they're super basic CNBC
CNBC reviews the new Fitbit Inspire HR and Versa Lite, two affordable health trackers that work well but are very basic.
- Barnwell's 2019 NFL free-agency and trade grades - Tracking every big signing and move ESPN
Welcome to 2019 NFL free agency. I'm grading the most notable offseason moves -- signings and trades -- below, so come back throughout the month for ...
- Woman robbed, stabbed after winning money at Catawba County gaming business WSOC Charlotte
A woman was robbed and stabbed Wednesday after winning money at a gaming business in Catawba County, deputies said.
- He’s Worth About $700 Million. And He Says It's ‘Ridiculous’ Bloomberg
When he graduated from university in Japan, Tomohiro Ohno didn't know what he wanted to do. But he knew what he didn't want to do, which was work for a ...
- Amazon to employees: We'll pay you to quit and haul packages CBS News
Hurtling towards one-day shipping deadlines, Amazon is offering its employees $10000 to start delivery businesses.
- Five things on my desk, with ShotTracker’s Davyeon Ross Kansas City Star
Working with partners like Golden State Warriors guard Klay Thompson and coaches like Bill Self and John Calipari, tech firm ShotTracker makes plenty of ...
- Chicago’s Foul-Tasting Malört Liquor Is Returning to Its Ancestral Home The Ringer
Describing Malört's flavor profile is a favorite parlor game among Chicagoans. It was recently purchased by a local distillery that has not only pledged to return ...
- Deals on the Train Are Everyone’s Business Bloomberg
If you are an investment banker, and you settle into your seat on a train after a long day of doing investment banking, and after a while you look up from your ...
- 100 million people in path of India's strongest cyclone in 20 years CNN
India is preparing for the strongest tropical cyclone to make landfall in 20 years. Track Tropical Cyclone Fani as it moves up the east coast of the subcontinent.
- Apple puts third-party screen time apps on notice TechCrunch
A number of app developers building third-party screen time trackers and parental control applications are worried that Apple's increased scrutiny of their apps in ...
- Hotel demand, revenue slips for Charlotte's most lucrative annual tourism event Charlotte Business Journal
Maybe fans of the Central Intercollegiate Athletic Association basketball tournament are ready to go someplace other than Charlotte. The city's top tourism ...
- With fitness trackers in the workplace, bosses can monitor your every step — and maybe more The Mercury News
By Christopher Rowland · The Washington Post. IRVING, Texas – On his 21st day back at work after a heart attack and triple bypass surgery, Chris Zubko ...
- CEO Made $357 Million From Small Businesses, $3.50 at a Time Bloomberg
In her 35 years running a small business, Maria Kirk dealt with only one company that made her physically ill: fuel-card provider FleetCor Technologies Inc. and ...