Quad Learning, Inc. was founded in 2012 with the goal of creating more affordable pathways for students to earn their bachelor’s degree. Quad Learning is a venture-backed startup that collaborates with leading community colleges to jointly develop and deliver American Honors, a competitive 2-year honors program designed for high ability students who plan to complete the remainder of their bachelor’s degree at a top-tier college or university.
- A good idea that struggled: An inside look at the acquisition of Quad Learning Washington Business Journal
The startup launched with all-star backing in 2012, but it couldn't find a path to profitability.
- DC-based Quad Learning acquired by Wellspring International Education Technical.ly DC
The combined companies will begin their partnership immediately in both the U.S. and internationally to recruit students to go to community and four-year ...
- Struggling College-Pathway Provider Quad Learning Pivots and Sells EdSurge
An experiment to create an inexpensive pathway for students to attend prestigious, four-year universities ended up costing one company a lot of money. ...
- Wellspring International expands with Quad Learning acquisition The PIE News
Student recruiter Wellspring International has acquired Quad Learning in a bid to expand, with company bosses emphasising the opportunities that Quad ...
- To assert relevance, liberal-arts colleges lean into skills training, business partnerships Hartford Business
To assert relevance, liberal-arts colleges are adopting skills-training programs and business partnerships.
- Quad Learning raise cash in order to move to recruitment model The PIE News
Higher education services company Quad Learning is raising another round of financing, to facilitate a 'pivot' in focus towards student recruitment, according to ...
- UIndy to Toast New Student Apartments Inside INdiana Business
The University of Indianapolis will today show off its new $20.5 million student housing development. University Lofts, a 118-unit apartment complex, was ...
- Sector 5 E3 Chromebook Offers a Robust Education and Business Computer That Has Adapted to Today's Needs Business Wire
ALEXANDRIA, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sector 5, Inc. (OTC:SFIV) announced its third Chromebook. The Sector 5 E3 Chromebook features a powerful Intel ...
- EXCHANGE: Firefighters learn to wrangle more than blazes Biloxi Sun Herald
It might not occur to many men and women who sign up to be firefighters that they could have to rescue a horse, a pig or a cow in addition to dousing flames.
- This local ed-tech company is raising new funding — again Washington Business Journal
Higher education services company Quad Learning Inc. is raising another round of financing. The District-based ed-tech company has reached nearly $4.8 ...
- We have to move from talking about safety on the farm Stuff.co.nz
OPINION: Quad bikes are a factor in approximately 25 percent of fatalities on farm. Every single one of us needs to take responsibility.
- Centennial addresses top 3 priorities for legislators | News Press Pubs
Increasing the funding formula by 3 percent, equalizing levy dollars and controlling the district's costs of providing special education services were the top three ...
- Rowland & Company Investment Counsel Increases Position in Illinois Tool Works (ITW); Wagner Bowman Management Raised Its Ibm (IBM) Holding Port Courier
Rowland & Company Investment Counsel increased its stake in Illinois Tool Works (ITW) by 0.82% based on its latest 2018Q3 regulatory filing with the SEC.
- The rise of 400G changing the data center landscape DatacenterDynamics
Tony Campbell is business development and marketing professional at Molex, focused on networking, data center and optical communication solutions.
- Exclusive: D.C. software firm to sell in nine-figure deal Washington Business Journal
District-based Interfolio, which makes software for college and university faculty members, is set to be acquired by Insight Venture Partners. Interfolio did not ...
- Global IoT in Education Markets, 2018-2023: Potential Growth Opportunities for System Integrators & Declining Cost of Connectivity and Connected Devices GlobeNewswire
Dublin, Jan. 23, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The "IoT in Education Market by Component (Hardware, Solutions & Services), End User (Academic Institutions ...
- Quad Learning Enters Partnership with Kilgore College to Recruit International Students Business Wire
Quad Learning has announced a new partnership that will expand access to American Higher Education for international students and increase global dive.
- Sector 5's Chromebook “Flat out Better” and Called “Best in Class” for Education Business Wire
ALEXANDRIA, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sector 5, Inc. (OTC: SFIV), a fast-growing OEM provider of computers and computer equipment is pleased to announce ...
- As Intl Business Mchn (IBM) Shares Declined, Mrj Capital Cut by $332,200 Its Stake; Provident Investment Management Upped Its Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Holding by $1.09 Million; Market Value Declined D Minute
Mrj Capital Inc decreased its stake in Intl Business Mchn (IBM) by 11.79% based on its latest 2018Q3 regulatory filing with the SEC. Mrj Capital Inc sold 2200 ...
- I Ran Windows 10 on Raspberry Pi So You Don't Have To Tom's Hardware
Using a set of hacks, you can run full Windows 10 on a Raspberry Pi board, but the user experience leaves a lot to be desired.
- 5 Reasons Intel Would Never Buy Advanced Micro Devices The Motley Fool
Intel needs *fresh* strategies, but acquiring its biggest rival is an absurd idea.
- K-12 Dealmaking: Online Tutoring Startup Vedantu Raises $11 Million; Sandbox & Co. Makes Acquisition Education Week
In the latest dealmaking news, online tutoring startup Vedantu has raised $11 million, while London-based investor Sandbox & Co. has acquired Constructive ...
- This D.C. ed-tech company has just raised $2.5 million Washington Business Journal
In a short time, the company has amassed more than $40 million in debt and equity investments from some of the region's most prominent investors.
- Q-C providers say the child care crisis 'can't be left to those of us in the trenches' Quad City Times
As a third-shift mom, Takala Campbell's search for quality, affordable child care took years.
- Meet the finalists for Davenport Schools superintendent Quad City Times
Davenport Schools announced the three finalists for its superintendent position Thursday, narrowed from an initial field of 40 applicants. The finalists — Eric ...
- The Learning Experience Changes Hands Forbes Now
The Learning Experience, one of the top early learning and childcare franchises in the country, announced it had been acquired by San Francisco-based private ...
- DC-based edtech company Interfolio to be acquired, report says Technical.ly DC
The company will be acquired by Insight Venture Partners by year-end in a $110 million deal, the Washington Business Journal reports. DC-based edtech ...
- Carlyle, Quad Partners to invest in Accelerate Learning PE Hub
Carlyle Group and Quad Partners said Dec. 10 that they have agreed to invest in Accelerate Learning. Financial terms weren't announced. Rice Management ...
- Yolo Magazine: Winter/spring events (2019) Davis Enterprise
Port, Wine & Chocolate Lover's Weekend Feb. 9-10, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.. The Old Sugar Mill, 35265 Willow Ave., Clarksburg. Annual regional event of wine, port, ...
- Carnegie Mellon Community Celebrates Opening of Tepper Quad Yahoo Finance
David A. Tepper Quadrangle marks the start of new vision for business school. PITTSBURGH, Sept. 12, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Carnegie Mellon University will ...
- Harris Williams & Co. Advises the Learning Experience® on Its Sale to Golden Gate Capital Business Wire
Harris Williams & Co., a preeminent middle market investment bank focused on the advisory needs of clients worldwide for more than 25 years, annou.
- Businesses can learn about making websites accessible for people with disabilities Quad City Times
As more businesses in the past few years have faced lawsuits claiming their websites are not accessible for people with disabilities, leaders of Tag ...
- How to build a thriving media company: Take a deep industry dive Washington Business Journal
For Sean Griffey, building a thriving and profitable media enterprise in an age of continued layoffs, news consolidation and self-pitying navel-gazing among ...
- Brazilian agro-tourists interested in Quad-Cities agriculture Quad-Cities Online
MOLINE — Julio Bravo, the CEO of AgroBravo Viagens Corporativas, works at making agro-tourism easy.
- Private equity firm buys The Learning Experience South Florida Business Journal
Deerfield Beach-based early education center company The Learning Experience has been sold to San Francisco-based Golden Gate Capital, a $15 billion ...
- Q Da Fool Talks New Project 'Bad Influence,' Signing to Roc Nation and Supporting His DMV Peers Billboard
Billboard sat with Q Da Fool to talk about Bad Influence, learning from the past and creating a future beyond what he imagined.
- Campus tutoring options for finals season Indiana Daily Student
With finals season right around the corner, many students find themselves scrambling for last minute study and tutoring sessions to help maintain or round up a ...
- Cash Course: Learning how to start building better credit Quad City Times
I grew up with a lot of mixed messages about credit. My parents basically treated credit cards like they were evil, while friends touted using multiple cards as the ...
- Atlas and ManageBac Join Forces to Develop Next Generation of Curriculum-First Learning Platforms Business Wire
Faria Education Group acquires Rubicon, combining ManageBac and Atlas curriculum management for over 10000 schools in 130 countries.
- As workplaces evolve, local business schools get flexible with online programs Quad City Times
One year after announcing a plan to phase-out its full-time MBA program, officials of the University of Iowa Tippie College of Business unveiled a new strategy to ...
- New Tepper Quad designed to create collaborative environment Pittsburgh Business Times
As the first academic building built on the new Tepper Quad on Forbes Avenue, the Tepper school is based on the idea of intersectionality between the various ...
- Developer of the Quad in Scottsdale plans Phoenix redevelopment project Phoenix Business Journal
The company bought an office complex in central Phoenix for $16.5 million with plans to redevelop the property.
- A sustainable Thanksgiving - @UofSC @UofSC
The second annual Thanksliving will be Nov. 13 from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at the Green Quad Learning Center. The Housing Association, Eco Reps and ...
- An Interview with Malcolm Page about the 2019 World Cup Series Miami Sail World
Let's face it: Team USA hasn't had a strong Olympic regatta showing since the Beijing Olympics 2008, when Anna Tunnicliffe proudly captured a gold medal in ...
- Digital marketing company REQ acquires tech PR firm SpeakerBox Technical.ly
Washington, D.C.–based digital marketing company REQ has acquired strategic communications and tech public relations firm SpeakerBox. The combined ...
- Why Quad/Graphics Inc (NYSE:QUAD) Looks Like A Quality Company Simply Wall St
Many investors are still learning about the various metrics that can be useful when analysing a stock. This article is for those who would like to learn about ...
- Deal Roundup: The Biggest DC-Area Tech Acquisitions in November American Inno
It's been hot, hot, hot in the D.C. metro area's tech scene this year, with November proving to be no exception. A lot of money changed hands – $95 million in ...
- Fresno elementary school helping special education students learn the aspects of the business world KFSN-TV
A group of special education students at Lincoln Elementary are learning to run a business called "Wildcat Café" on campus.
- First Look: Carnegie Mellon University unveils Tepper Quad Pittsburgh Business Times
On Thursday, Carnegie Melon University held its grand opening for the David A.Tepper School of Business building, part of the upgraded Tepper Quad on ...
- Business across borders: Moline summit helps immigrants foster their entrepreneurial spirits Quad City Times
Diana Haynie had lived in the Quad-Cities for around 15 years before deciding to start her own business. But when she began sifting through the initial ...
- Moline's Mercado on Fifth a launching pad for aspiring business owners Quad City Times
Erika Ubeda was carving out a career in plant pathology when she was uprooted from her life in Venezuela a few years ago.
- Eldridge eyes future 500-acre business park | Economy | qctimes.com Quad City Times
Long recognized as a bedroom community to the Quad-Cities, Eldridge is looking to become a bigger player in the region's business development game.
- New St. Ambrose College of Business dean promoting sustainability, social justice Quad City Times
With Maritza Espina now at the helm of the College of Business, St. Ambrose University is rethinking its business program to greater emphasize environmental ...
- A top Facebook exec said the company uses so much AI that it gives him 'chills' Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
What people don't realize is that actually AI is at the core of Facebook's business,” explained Jerome Pesenti, VP of AI for the company.
- KinderCare Education Acquires Rainbow Child Care Center, Expanding to More than 1500 Learning Centers, Serving 185000 Children across the United States Business Wire
Further cementing its leadership role as the largest childcare provider in the United States, KinderCare Education (KCE) announced today the successfu.
- Colorado Springs program helps college students become community leaders Colorado Springs Gazette
Silver Key Senior Services needed ideas. The Colorado Springs nonprofit turned to a partnership that assigns local college students to community projects for ...
- How Bite Squad serves up more than just food for Quad Citians OurQuadCities
There's a new delivery *service* in the Quad Cities area that puts good food at your fingertips.
- American Honors Results Are In – 95% of American Honors Students Who Apply to Four-Year Colleges Gain Acceptance Business Wire
Quad Learning today announced the release of its updated transfer results for its American Honors Program. Ninety-five percent of American Honors stud.
- New businesses rush to ready for Bix boom Quad City Times
With an extra 20000 people expected to flood downtown Davenport and the Quad-Cities this weekend, it makes sense that new businesses are rushing to make ...
- The Waning Fortunes of the Time Inc. Magazines Printing Impressions
Over the past couple of years, as advertisers have moved their advertising budgets from the printed page to digital channels, Fortune magazine has gotten ...
- Samsung Galaxy A9 (2018) review: How well do these quad cameras work? Business Standard
How would you react if you saw four cameras instead of one at the rear on a phone? Would you feel a bit confused and astonished? Perhaps, curious enough to ...
- Toddler learning to live after quad amputation: ‘He’s going to be great, aren’t you Jeremiah?’ FOX 59 Indianapolis
INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. – A young boy is discovering a new way to live after a mystery illness forced doctors to amputate the latter portion of all four of his limbs.
- Money Talks: A Q&A with Iowa American Water President Randy Moore Quad City Times
Despite leading the state's largest investor-owned water utility, Iowa American Water President Randy Moore said he's yet to reach his peak.
- The art of selling: Davenport businesses help local artists make a living Quad City Times
Weeks before Bon-Ton announced Younkers stores would close across the country, Lisa Mahar quit her 11-year position with the company to pursue being a ...
- Dubai Police start training on flying motorbikes CNN
Dubai Police now have a revamped model of the hoverbike -- and they've taken it for a test flight.
- Glimpsing the man behind the Hill Top hotel project Martinsburg Journal
HARPERS FERRY—Fredrick Schaufeld has commonly been identified as the big-wheel driving force behind the Hill Top House Hotel redevelopment in town for ...
- Leverage Content Strategy to Create 'Sticky' Learning Experiences Chief Learning Officer
Take a page from the marketing book, establish a framework and create a *content* strategy to better engage learners and drive performance.
- A Brave New World: St. Thomas Leads in AI, Internet of Things, Machine Learning University of St. Thomas Newsroom
Smart devices are everywhere and may help solve more and more complex problems.
- Exelon unveils newly expanded training facility at Quad Cities Station WQAD Moline
CORDOVA, Illinois - Exelon Generation unveiled a newly completed multi-million dollar expansion of the nuclear plant's Professional Learning Center at a ...
- Who Are the Highest Paid College Coaches? The Quad at TheBestSchools.org Ranks the Top 25 PRNewswire
GEORGETOWN, Ky., Jan. 17, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- When the game is on the line, every decision second-guessed, many college sports fans scream, "Just what ...
- Terry College makes changes to fall application Red and Black
The Terry College of Business at the University of Georgia will have a new application for students applying to the college in fall 2018.
- Cash Course: Talking to kids about money Quad City Times
The first time I remember my parents schooling me on money was in eighth grade. Back before the days of unlimited texting, I'd routinely go over the limit and ...
- Micron's bet: Quad-level cell NAND SSDs will finally replace HDDs ZDNet
The company's Micron 5210 ION enterprise SATA SSD is now generally available and aimed at artificial intelligence, machine learning, deep learning and other ...
- Montessori school makes way for more students and hands-on learning Quad City Times
Toddlers watch through the fence while the addition to their school becomes a reality. During outdoor playtime, one little boy hauls dirt to mimic the actions of ...
- OnCourse Learning names new CEO BizTimes.com (Milwaukee)
Brookfield-based professional training webinar provider OnCourse Learning has promoted Brett Shively to be its new president and chief executive officer.
- $201 million Tepper Quad will change the skyline of Carnegie Mellon, Oakland NEXTpittsburgh
If you've looked up in Oakland recently, you may have noticed that — for the first time in years — the skyline is changing. Carnegie Mellon University's Tepper ...
- IBM, Apple, and Facebook represent new tilt toward business for venerable AI conference ZDNet
The Neural Information Processing Systems conference, one of the most prestigious events for machine learning and artificial intelligence, kicked off its 32nd ...
- Colleges, universities partner for 'QC Colleges' campaign Quad City Times
Joe Gomez summed up his college education in four words: “It saved my life.”
- Biz Bytes: Dress for Success Quad-Cities launches new program Quad City Times
Benefiting from Dress for Success Quad-Cities will no longer stop after landing a job or participating in a year-long program.
- Subscription box service Surprise Ride acquired by Fat Brain Toys Technical.ly
The cofounders of D.C.-based kids activity subscription *service* Surprise Ride will continue developing products with Fat Brain Toys under the acquisition terms.
- Winter Storm Results In Hundreds Of School And Business Closings KTRS | St Louis News and Talk Radio | The Big 550 AM
School Closings. Academy at Day Spring | CLOSED Academy of St. Louis – Chesterfield | CLOSED Affton School District | CLOSED Al Manara Academy | ...
- Going Back To College After 50: The New Normal? Forbes Now
Growing numbers of people in their 50s and 60s are going back to college and some schools are making it more attractive for them.
- Community Spotlight: Equine learning part of a passion at Black Hawk College East Campus OurQuadCities
The two equine degree programs at Black Hawk College East Campus are unique for a 2-year school in Illinois.
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro review: Bigger screen, quad-camera, pocket-friendly Business Standard
Chinese smartphone manufacturer Xiaomi, known for its affordable handsets, launched yet another value-for-money device on November 22 -- Redmi Note 6 ...
- Ducky’s keeps Van De Sande learning new skills Galesburg Register-Mail
About this story: In 2017, The Register-Mail featured the young entrepreneurs of Galesburg. Now we're exploring the opposite end of the spectrum: those ...
- EICC, Moline Foundation form Talent Link | Education Quad-Cities Online
MOLINE — Talent Link, a workforce development partnership, has been formed by The Moline Foundation and Eastern Iowa Community College.
- QUAD Makerspace opens in downtown Reno library KOLO
Gone are the days the downtown Reno library was a place dedicated to reading only.
- NJRetina, NJEye and Quad-C Management Announce Strategic Affiliation Markets Insider
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va., Sept. 18, 2018 /PRNewswire-PRWeb/ -- Quad-C Management, Inc. ("Quad-C"), a leading middle market private equity firm, today ...
- OnCourse Learning acquires Waunakee banking webinar provider BizTimes.com (Milwaukee)
Brookfield-based OnCourse Learning announced today that it has acquired Waunakee-based Total Training Solutions.
- MN company develops video game for kids with learning disabilities KARE11.com
MINNETONKA, Minn. - A Minnesota-based company has developed a video game to help kids with learning disabilities. BrainyAct is the flagship product from ...
- Range businesses prepped for Small Business Saturday | News | virginiamn.com Mesabi Daily News
An old-fashioned bell drop will ring in Small Business Saturday in Virginia, and businesses across the Range will join in the celebration with discounts, ...
- Moline business owner reacts to survey failing Illinois in small business friendliness WQAD Moline
MOLINE, Illinois--Rebecca Burns opened The Shameless Chocoholic in Moline last November after being in business in Le Claire for about 17 years. “We ran ...
- Money Talks: Q&A with Ascentra Credit Union CEO Dale Owen Quad City Times
Dale Owen is celebrating his 30th year in the finance industry — a career that's allowed him to work with five community banks and lead one of the Quad-Cities' ...
- The Waning Fortunes of the Time Inc. Magazines—November 2018 M&A Activity What They Think
Meredith sells off iconic American magazine titles, Quad/Graphics acquires Periscope, PE continues love affair with labels, and more… By Mark R. Hahn
- 5 Things No One Tells You About Running a Million-Dollar Business Entrepreneur
It sounds counterintuitive, but the more zeroes you see behind the dollar sign, the more headaches you may endure.
- UPDATE: Stolen bike from East Moline is found, teacher says it's in bad condition KWQC-TV6
EAST MOLINE, Ill (KWQC) - UPDATE 12/27: A bike stolen from two junior high students in East Moline has been found but it's in bad condition. The bike ...
- FiscalNote officially acquires CQ Roll Call from Economist Group Technical.ly
With the $180-million deal complete, FiscalNote says it's now one of the largest tech employers headquartered in D.C.. FiscalNote officially acquires CQ Roll ...
- Mold is coming back to some rooms already cleaned multiple times. IU doesn't know why. Indiana Daily Student
Since September, IU students living in residence halls have been dealing with widespread mold problems. There has been visible mold found in 467 rooms in ...
- After $205 million and three years of construction, Carnegie Mellon University's David A. Tepper Quad is complete PGH City Paper
It's a praiseworthy achievement across many of its stated goals, but it also falls terribly short in some crucial areas of architecture.
- Tablo's new DVR for cord cutters skips the commercials for you TechCrunch
Nuvyyo, the makers of the Tablo OTA DVR aimed at cord cutters who want to watch and record live TV, just gave their DVR a big upgrade. At the Consumer ...