At Paystack, they are on a mission to deliver a safe, convenient and modern payment experience for customers and merchants in Africa.
Sign up for the Moguldom newsletter — business news you need to know about economic empowerment for the digital age, delivered to your inbox.
- How to use Paystack? Legit.ng
Legit.ng News ☆ In today's article, we want to tell you ☆ how to use Paystack ☆ *service*. It is a modern facility that provides entrepreneurs with the technology to ...
- What It Means to Dress in Lagos The New York Times
LAGOS, Nigeria — Charly Boy decided he would wear rouge. It was the 1970s, the height of the sexual revolution in the West, so it wasn't unusual for men to be ...
- Paystack, with ambitions to become the Stripe of Africa, raises $8M from Visa, Tencent… and Stripe itself TechCrunch
Africa has been one of the least-developed regions globally when it comes to technology and being on the less advanced side of the so-called digital divide.
- Paystack raises $8 million funding to unlock business potentials Vanguard
In order to achieve better payment tools across African businesses and unlock potentials of its business in Aftics, Nigerian payments company, Paystack, has ...
- Top tech startup news stories you need to know this Monday, November 12 TechStartups.com
Good morning! Here are some of the top tech startup news stories for today, Monday, November 12. Clearbanc raises $70 million to fund young startup and ...
- Nigerian Start-Up Paystack Has Grew Ten Times Last Year and Has Handled Near Us$10 Million in Monthly Transactions AllAfrica.com
Only 1% of payments in Nigeria is currently online but as businesses begin to make the switch, this percentage will undoubtedly grow in the next 3-5 years.
- Nigeria: Paystack Partners Truecaller to Enable More African Businesses to Accept Online Payments AllAfrica.com
Paystack has partnered with Truecaller to allow more merchants across Africa accept payments online in a frictionless and secure manner by leveraging ...
- Stripe leads $8m fundraising round for Nigerian start-up The Irish Times
The latest round brings Paystack's total investment to date to more than $10m.
- Nigeria's informal economy boosted by Paystack, VoguePay online payments Quartz
Unregistered businesses are getting a path into Nigeria's economy thanks to payments startups.
- Kola Aina, Tosin Faniro-Dada, Olumide Soyombo… see the #YNaijaPowerList2018 for Technology YNaija
For the seventh consecutive year, YNaija brings you its annual ranking of the most powerful young persons under the age of 40 who are getting things done.
- Digital Payments In Africa Gain Steam PYMNTS.com
In a PYMNTS interview, Paystack CEO Shola Akinlade talks about the challenges of improving digital payments in Nigeria and the rest of Africa.
- Our partnership with Truecaller is to strengthen African businesses – Paystack Boss Vanguard
In a bid to ease Online payment and identify customers across Africa, Paystack has finalise it's partnership with Truecaller.
- Accenture urges Nigeria to leverage innovation for productivity, growth Guardian Nigeria
The Country Managing Director, Accenture Nigeria, Niyi Yusuf, has urged Nigerians to leverage on innovation to boost productivity, economic prosperity and ...
- Op-Ed: Young Africans Are Ready To Make Money More Branches
Having a dream, a start-up, an idea, or any thought that propels to create something from scratch needs a sense of business to blossom fully.
- Paystack secures $8m Series A Funding Guardian Nigeria
Paystack, a Nigeria-based startup providing payments tools to businesses in Africa, has raised $8 million in Series A Funding. The round was led by Stripe, and ...
- ‘Africa’s Stripe,’ Paystack, Snags $8M From Visa, Tencent, Stripe PYMNTS.com
Paystack, the digital payments company in Nigeria, has landed $8 million in venture capital funding led by Stripe, with Visa and Tencent also participating.
- Paystack's continental ambition gets $8 million backing BusinessDay
Nigeria's leading finance and market intelligence news report. Also home to expert opinion and commentary on politics, sports, lifestyle, and more.
- Nigerian Fintech Startup Paystack Raises $1.3 Million Forbes Now
A Q&A with the founders of Paystack, one of Nigeria's most hotly anticipated tech start-ups which has just secured $1.3M Seed investment from both international ...
- Paystack raises series A funding from Stripe, Visa, & Tencent CNBCAfrica.com
Nigeria-based online payment platform, Paystack has completed a Series A funding round from global payments leaders Stripe, Visa, and Tencent.
- Collisons' Stripe turns investor with €7m punt on Nigerian startup Independent.ie
Stripe, the $9bn online payments firm founded by Limerick brothers Patrick and John Collison, has led an investment round of $8m (€7m) in a Nigerian ...
- AXA Mansard, Paystack partner on seamless transaction Daily Trust
In a bid to help customers carry out seamless transactions, AXA Mansard Plc, a member of the AXA Group, has partnered with Paystack to offer clients a platform ...
- E-Settlement Partners SERIATE For Acquisition and Deployment of 20,000 mPOS Proshare Nigeria Limited
One of Nigeria's fastest growing agency banking provider, E-Settlement has partnered Seriate Limited, a Tech focused investment company to acquire and ...
- Nigeria's Paystack partners Truecaller for secure payments Disrupt Africa
Nigerian startup Paystack has partnered Swedish caller ID firm Truecaller to allow more merchants across Africa to accept payments online in a frictionless and ...
- Meet Sola Akinlade, co-founder of Nigeria’s foremost payment platform Paystack Nairametrics
The Nigerian financial space is currently being disrupted by a group of new companies building financial technology (Fintech) solutions.
- Tech News Roundup: Paystack, Google, Arik Air all in the news Nairametrics
Welcome once again to Nairametrics' weekly tech news roundup. This week, as always, we bring you a compilation of the major tech events and activities.
- Online betting firms gamble on soccer-mad Nigeria Reuters
LAGOS (Reuters) - Online sports betting is booming in soccer-mad Nigeria largely thanks to payment systems developed by homegrown technology firms that ...
- Theresa May In Africa: The Future Of Fintech In South Africa, Nigeria And Kenya Forbes Now
A delegation of UK fintech specialists joined Prime Minister Theresa May on her first official trip to Africa and will visit South Africa, Nigeria and Kenya to meet ...
- AXA Mansard Partners Paystack For Seamless Transaction Independent Newspapers Limited
In a bid to help customers' carryout seamless transactions, AXA Mansard Plc, a member of the AXA Group and global leader in the insurance and asset ...
- E-Settlement partners Seriate for acquisition, deployment of 20000 mPOS The Eagle Online
Nigeria's fastest growing agency banking provider, E-Settlement, has partnered Seriate Limited, a Tech focused investment company, to acquire and deploy up ...
- Nigeria’s Fintech Weakest Link Brandspurng
There is a major weak link in the Nigerian fintech sector. It is not electricity. It is not customer digital illiteracy, and it is neither distrust nor fraud. The weakest link ...
- Africa Roundup: Paga goes global and 4 startups raise $99M in VC TechCrunch
Nigerian digital payments startup Paga is gearing up for international expansion with a $10 million round led by the Global Innovation Fund. The company is ...
- Nigerian Fintech Company, Flutterwave gets CBN approval for USSD More Branches
Flutterwave, is one of Nigeria's top Fintech companies, the company is focused on helping banks and businesses provide seamless and secure payment ...
- With a $10 million round, Nigeria’s Paga plans global expansion TechCrunch
Nigerian digital payments startup Paga is gearing up for an international expansion with $10 million in funding let by the Global Innovation Fund. The company ...
- Tencent, Comcast Ventures just invested in Nigeria's payments start-up Paystack Quartz
Tencent, Comcast Ventures and Singularity just invested in Nigeria's Paystack.
- Two years after it was founded, Paystack raises $8 million from Stripe, Visa, and Tencent Brandspurng
Africa has been one of the least-developed regions globally when it comes to technology and being on the less advanced side of the so-called digital divide.
- AXA Mansard Partners Firm on Digital Payment THISDAY Newspapers
Ebere Nwoji AXA Mansard Plc a member of the AXA Group has partnered a digital payment firm, Paystack to offer clients a platform that provides friendly digital ...
- AXA Mansard partners Paystack for seamless transactions Punchng
Nike Popoola. AXA Mansard Plc, a member of the AXA Group and global leader in insurance and asset management, has partnered Paystack, an online ...
- Are You Underpaid? In a First, U.S. Firms Reveal How Much They Pay Workers Wall Street Journal
American workers, for the first time, are discovering how much employees earn at the biggest U.S. companies and how that pay compares with the chief ...
- Lagos to host biannual Africa Fintech Summit - Tech Pulse Nigeria
The two-day event will feature investor missions from the US, UK, and UAE, an Alpha Expo featuring the most exciting startups and entrepreneurs in Nigeria.
- Entrepreneurs have no Shame! by Fisayo Durojaiye Nairametrics
Yes! They have no shame. But come to think of it, how will you have shame as an entrepreneur? It takes a lot of guts to start and build a sustainable business.
- What's Next In Nigerian Internet Tech? Stears Business
Looking at the past few decades of tech innovation in Nigeria as a guide to the future.
- African fintech startups like Flutterwave and Paystack are raising funds to drive financial inclusion Quartz
Since 2015, fintech startups in Africa had raised $93 million in investment as of June 2017.
- Nigerian fintech startup Flutterwave loses ceo Iyin Aboyeji Quartz
Aboyeji's departure comes just as Flutterwave announced an extension of its Series A round which takes the total funding it's raised beyond the $20 million ...
- N3.6bn FDI: Nigerian Startups Emerge Tech Investors’ Bride Leadership Newspaper
In the last one month, Nigerian technology startups have become the brides sought after by global investors seeking early stage companies that are viable ...
- Can African Tech Startups Succeed in a World Dominated by Facebook and Google? HBR.org Daily
Last year Facebook became the second largest e-commerce company in Africa after Jumia, the industry leader. The American social media giant did not ...
- IBM, SWIFT Cap X-Border Payments Initiatives PYMNTS.com
Blockchain and beyond, cross border payments held the focus of IBM, and others this past week. SWIFT grabbed some headlines too — and not simply due to ...
- Five ways fintech is improving access to financial services Raconteur
Firms around the world are providing fintech solutions to many local problems, including financial inclusion, microfinance and online payments. rcnt.eu/kcmu0.
- CowryWise has been accepted into YCombinator Summer 2018 - Tech Pulse Nigeria
Ycombinator, Based in California, USA, provides seed funding for startups from around the world with access to investors and business growth mentorship.
- Todd Combs, Warren Buffett's protégé, is making a bet on Paytm in India Quartz
After Todd Combs joined Berkshire Hathaway in 2010, he made an early bet on the payment industry through his investment in Visa. The card payment ...
- Term Sheet -- Thursday, August 30 Fortune
Venture capitalist Ashmeet Sidana believes that some of the best Silicon Valley companies owe their success to a technical insight. After parting ways with ...
- Building the Future, with Shola Akinlade: How to build a big business by solving painful problems TechCabal
On the podcast today, we have the CEO and Co-Founder of Paystack, Shola Akinlade. Paystack is a payments processing company which lets businesses ...
- How Does Your Pay Stack Up? Forbes
Great employers know they need to pay competitive wages to attract the best employees. A cool culture isn't a currency that pays the landlord or the grocery ...
- Dangote, Naspers, MTN, should fund African startups to help both sides grow Quartz
"African corporations are starting to establish internal innovation divisions that work with local startups but they need to evolve into more open platforms"
- Lagos to Host Biannual Africa Fintech Summit THISDAY Newspapers
Africa's premier Fintech event, the Africa Fintech Summit, will be held for the first time in Lagos, Nigeria, between November 8 and 9, 2018. The event comes on ...
- Lagos Startup Week 2018 is here, save the date Pulse Nigeria
The event focused on showcasing Lagos' ever growing startup community and will bring together entrepreneurs, innovators, investors and tech enthusiasts for a ...
- Paystack raises $1.3 million in seed funding Ventures Africa
Paystack, the Nigerian payments company, has raised $1.3 million in a seed funding round from local and international investors. The funds will be primaril.
- Re: Truecaller, Vconnect collaborate on business app Vanguard
To strengthen Africa's Small and Medium Entrepreneurs, SMEs, visibility, Truecaller says it will integrate VConnect's business directory to its app.
- Africa's 'API Economy' Has A Lot To Offer Its Ecosystem But It's Not Quite There Yet TechCabal
Right now the African API economy is still in its formative stages but it holds immense potential - for consumers and the tech ecosystem as a whole.
- Why Nigeria's Vice President Osinbajo Choosing Not To Visit Any Women-Owned Spaces On The #VPTourofTech Sets A Dangerous Precedent By Mary Olushoga SaharaReporters.com
Why are women innovators largely ignored in Nigeria's male-dominated technology spaces? Why didn't Vice President Osinbajo visit any women-owned spaces ...
- African fintech startups innovate, boost financial inclusion Quartz
African fintech startups remain prominent on investors' radar due to the sheer necessity of the work they do in plugging gaps in local financial services sectors.
- Nigeria plays its online card payment hand African Independent
Nigeria's payments scene is hotting up while in South Africa card payment innovators such as Yoco, Sureswipe and Ikhokha are in full PR-mode as they try to ...
- Business Insider talks to the Africa Fintech Summit chairman Pulse Nigeria
Business Insider talks to Leland Rice, Chairman of the Africa Fintech Summit, about the event and how well fintech is booming in Nigeria.
- These are the 10 worst countries for business in Africa in 2018 Pulse Nigeria
South Africa clinched the first position on the index for best country to do business on the continental.
- NSE, others to examine sustainable economic growth The Punch
Feyisayo Popoola The Nigerian Stock Exchange and other stakeholders will converge on Lagos this week for the fourth edition of the NSE-Bloomberg C...
- Nigerian Merchants With Shopify Accounts Can Now Accept Payments Via Paystack TechCabal
Nigerian merchants on Shopify can now rest easy as Paystack has launched an integrated payments solution for the site. The launch of this payments gateway ...
- Africa Roundup: Safaricom unveils Bonga, Africa’s Talking gets $8.6M, TechCrunch visits Nigeria, Ghana TechCrunch
March and April saw *fresh* VC in Africa, mobile money merge with social media, motorcycle taxis digitize, and TechCrunch in Nigeria and Ghana. Africa's Talking ...
- How does Barron's pay stack up to that of other Big Ten leaders? Centre Daily Times
The Penn State Board of Trustees likes its president enough to keep him around for another four years, approving a contract extension through June 2022 at its ...
- VC Firm, GreenTree holds Pitch Day for over 20 promising Startups Nairametrics
Over the weekend, GreenTree Investment Company, a venture capitalist firm based in Lagos, organised a Pitch Day for promising Nigerian startups; many of ...
- Nigeria's tech leaders like Konga, Jumia, Paga and Y-Combinator's Flutterwave are in a race to fix a multi-billion dollar payments problem Quartz
Three years ago, whenever Larry Eghosa, a Lagos-based sound engineer, tried to pay for products online it was always a crapshoot. After submitting his order ...
- Flutterwave sounds awesome, but how long before it competes with its customers? TechCabal
Is there room for more than one payment processor in this market?
- Nigeria's Paystack launches solution for Shopify merchants Disrupt Africa
Nigerian payments startup Paystack has launched a payment solution for Shopify merchants, aimed at opening up the e-commerce market for thousands of ...
- Google Pairs With Indian Banks On Consumer Loans PYMNTS.com
Google has announced that it is partnering with select Indian banks to offer consumers instant, pre-approved loans via Google Pay (formerly known as Tez).
- Azimo partners with African payments business Interswitch - Tech Pulse Nigeria
The fintech firm said the new partnership will help to tackle the problem of financial exclusion in a country where 40% of the population is unbanked.
- Rahul Ghosh: How Singapore companies can support Africa's e-commerce boom How we made it in Africa
Internet connectivity has the power to catapult social and economic growth in many developing nations. A Deloitte study estimates that extending internet access ...
- Nigeria country focus: Playing monopoly | West The Africa Report
Vested interests and cartels are major stumbling blocks for Nigeria's development. New faces, ranging from younger politicians to app developers and ...
- Paystack records N1 billion in monthly transactions value Brandspurng
Paystack recorded a monthly transaction volume of N1 billion three days ago. It was announced via a tweet by Ezra Olubi, Co-founder and CTO of Paystack.
- Merrill Lynch: Compensation plan paying off in new business InvestmentNews
Over the first half of the year, the wirehouse said gross new household acquisitions by experienced Merrill Lynch advisers were up 71% over the same period in ...
- Nigerian Fintechs Adopt Open Banking API Standards Leadership Newspapers
Nigerian Fintechs Adopt Open Banking API Standards Some of Nigeria's most innovative Fintech firms have announced their support and adoption of Open ...
- Swiss FINMA Plans AML FinTech Rule Revisions PYMNTS.com
Swiss financial regulator FINMA is planning to soften anti-money laundering rules for smaller FinTech firms in an attempt to help the country become a tougher ...
- Fiserv Patches Security Loophole In Messaging Feature PYMNTS.com
Fiserv recently had to fix a security weakness in its web platform that exposed the personal and financial customer data across hundreds of bank websites.
- At Facebook, Median Pay Tops $240,000 The Wall Street Journal
Facebook employees earned a median pay package of more than $240000 last year while Chief Executive Mark Zuckerberg's total compensation was more ...
- Paystack - MogulWatch Moguldom
At Paystack, they are on a mission to deliver a safe, convenient and modern payment experience for customers and merchants in Africa. Sign up for the ...
- Paga raises $10m funding, plans global expansion - Tech Pulse Nigeria
Going forward, Paga said it is looking into more services such as savings and loans in partnership with banks and other financial institutions.
- Investors: five amazing innovations from Nigerian fintech entrepreneurs The Nation Newspaper
ice President Yemi Osinbajo recently addressed key players in the technology arena at the Silicon Valley to support and investment into Nigeria's budding ...
- Corporate Purchasing Takes Too Much Time, Says Soldo PYMNTS.com
A new report from Soldo says companies spend significant amounts of time making a single purchase, and the larger the company, the longer a purchase takes.
- Africa fintech: Cellulant raises $47.5 million from TPG Growth's Rise Fund Quartz
The streak of big-ticket investment in African fintech companies shows no signs of stopping. Cellulant, the digital payments solutions company operating in 11 ...
- Nigeria’s booming start-up scene draws foreign investment Financial Times
Even with eyes half closed, the gritty Yaba district in Lagos bears scant resemblance to Shoreditch, the hipster heart of the start-up scene in London. That ...
- Here's what you need to know about Nigeria's tech startup ecosystem Ventureburn
Curious about where startups from Nigeria are raising funding or getting help? Here's a guide to the tech startup ecosystem in Nigeria.
- Omowale David-Ashiru becomes Andela Nigeria country director - Tech Pulse Nigeria
Omowale will lead Andela Nigeria ensuring that the organisation continue to advance its objectives of developing Africa's future technology leaders.
- Multichoice is cutting down jobs as DSTV faces stiff competition in South Africa and regulatory hurdles in Nigeria Pulse Nigeria
Multichoice is said to be cutting down jobs as the pay TV company struggles to get the hold on stiff competition in the South African market and regulatory ...
- Unilag as a missing piece in Nigeria’s tech ecosystem Nairametrics
While some technology entrepreneurs have stressed that Nigeria does not have a tech ecosystem, this may be unfair to the work done by the Co-Creation Hub ...
- Nigerian startups sceptical of state's sudden interest in ecosystem [Opinion] Ventureburn
The Nigerian government may have moved to get stakeholders in the country's tech ecosystem on its side, but those in the ecosystem remain sceptical. It follows ...
- VIDEO: Osinbajo in Lagos, plays basketball Punchng
Oluwakemi Abimbola Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo was videoed playing basketball in Lagos during a visit to the state on Tuesday. Several colou...
- The Rise and Rise of FinTech in Africa Celebrating Progress Africa
FinTech in Africa is on the rise, as startups in various countries across the continent mobilize to solve financial problems, including payments, credit, and savings ...
- African Banking A Hotbed Of Innovation And Most Exciting In World -- McKinsey Forbes
Driven by mobile money and a digital-first attitude by Africans, the continent's banking landscape is "among the most exciting in the world" and "a hotbed of ...
- Chinese investors are catching up with the UK in Nigeria Pulse Nigeria
Other leading partners in Nigeria include US, India, France, Spain, South Africa, Belgium and the Netherlands.
- How to get into Y Combinator: CEO Michael Seibel's advice to Nigerian start-up founders Quartz
When a group of start-up founders meet with a CEO from the world's most powerful tech company incubator, one thing is likely to be top of their minds: how to get ...
- Stripe Finds C-Suite Anxieties Over Developer Talent PYMNTS.com
A new Stripe and Harris Poll survey finds that C-Suite executives are more concerned about access to software developer talent than access to working capital.
- ONLINE BETTING FIRMS BANK ON SOCCER-MAD NIGERIA Brandspurng
For years, mobile payments failed to take off in Nigeria as they have in countries such as Kenya, where Safaricom's M-Pesa money transfers have fostered a ...
- ‘Why artificial intelligence, data remain critical to banking’ Guardian Nigeria
Globally, the banking industry is witnessing growing demands from customers who are being empowered by ongoing digital transformation.