At Paystack, they are on a mission to deliver a safe, convenient and modern payment experience for customers and merchants in Africa.
- Africa fintech: Branch raises $170 million in Series C round Quartz
In one of the largest Series C funding rounds ever raised by an Africa-focused startup, mobile lending app Branch International has raised $170 million.
- Stripe acquires Irish payments start-up Touchtech The Irish Times
Dublin-based start-up provides SCA-ready authentication technology for card issuers.
- 10 tech companies disrupting Nigeria's startup ecosystem Qwenu!
Nigeria's startup ecosystem experienced a unique spring of new technology companies between 2015 and 2016, with the likes of PayStack, Kobo360 and many ...
- How to build successful digital products The Nation Newspaper
With most digital products and applications doing well in the market, there is the need to build product managers (PMs) capacity. Against this backdrop, a forum ...
- Paystack, with ambitions to become the Stripe of Africa, raises $8M from Visa, Tencent… and Stripe itself TechCrunch
Africa has been one of the least-developed regions globally when it comes to technology and being on the less advanced side of the so-called digital divide.
- Meet the 10 inspiring women ruling Nigeria's tech ecosystem Pulse Nigeria
We take a look at some of the women dominating the tech world in Lagos state.
- Can this two-year-old startup be Africa's Paypal - or Stripe? CNN
Lagos, Nigeria (CNN) If you're making online payments to or from Nigeria, the chances are that a local startup, Paystack is helping you spend your money.
- Africa Signs $170 Million Fintech Deal Business Times
Africa is betting big on new financial technology with $170 million Fintech deal. Branch International, a mobile lending app, raised $170 million which is ...
- Renmoney Launches Mobile Experience Centers Across Lagos Technext
Nigerian fintech lending company, Renmoney has launched its mobile experience centers across Lagos. This is in line with its commitment to provide improved ...
- Payment Co. Nexi’s IPO Raises $2.3B pymnts.com
Digital payment company Nexi has raised $2.3 billion in its initial public offering (IPO), making it the largest European IPO this year so far.
- Ugandan ePayment and eCommerce Startup Xente Makes Risky Expansion into Nigeria, but what are its Chances of Survival? Technext
There's a new player in the Nigerian fintech and ecommerce market. Ugandan startup, Xente has announced its expansion into Africa's most populated country, ...
- Digital Payments In Africa Gain Steam PYMNTS.com
In a PYMNTS interview, Paystack CEO Shola Akinlade talks about the challenges of improving digital payments in Nigeria and the rest of Africa.
- From Software Engineers to Venture Capitalists & Policy Makers! These Tech Women had the AUDACITY to Pursu BellaNaija
Tech Cabal's Tech Women Lagos exhibition AUDACITY, closed on Sunday 24th March 2019, but we are still celebrating women profiled in the series, and ...
- Paystack raises $8 million funding to unlock business potentials Vanguard
In order to achieve better payment tools across African businesses and unlock potentials of its business in Aftics, Nigerian payments company, Paystack, has ...
- What’s Your Commerce Horoscope? pymnts.com
There are many mechanisms in the market designed to help match consumers to offerings that are suited to them. Better algorithms, visual search tools and ...
- Dashlane Raises $30M In New Funding pymnts.com
Dashlane, a password manager and identity management solution, announced that it has raised $30 million in new venture funding from investors.
- How this Akure-based uni dropout stumbled onto becoming an internationally accomplished programmer Techpoint Africa
On the first encounter with Ayomide Aregbede, his charisma is not hard to miss. He's a confident young man who commands respect from his colleagues.
- Nigerian Start-Up Paystack Has Grew Ten Times Last Year and Has Handled Near Us$10 Million in Monthly Transactions AllAfrica.com
Only 1% of payments in Nigeria is currently online but as businesses begin to make the switch, this percentage will undoubtedly grow in the next 3-5 years.
- Jumia Stock Debut Signals Appeal Of African eCommerce pymnts.com
It was a good day for Jumia Technologies on Friday (April 12) — and that's a good signal about the future prospects of eCommerce in Africa, home to some 1.3 ...
- Nigeria: Paystack Partners Truecaller to Enable More African Businesses to Accept Online Payments AllAfrica.com
Paystack has partnered with Truecaller to allow more merchants across Africa accept payments online in a frictionless and secure manner by leveraging ...
- Paystack, the Lagos-based start-up modernizing online payment in Nigeria AFRIKA NEWS
Launched in January 2016 by Shola Akinlade and Ezra Olubi, Paystack is a Lagos-based start-up modernizing payment in Nigeria. The first Nigerian start-up to ...
- Stripe leads $8m fundraising round for Nigerian start-up The Irish Times
The latest round brings Paystack's total investment to date to more than $10m.
- As mPharma Acquires Haltons, is Startup Acquisition Becoming a New Trend? Technext
MPharma acquires Haltons which is Kenya's second largest pharmacy retailer. This is the latest acquisition news involving an African startup in 2019.
- Nigerian fintech startup OneFi acquires payment company Amplify TechCrunch
Lagos based online lending startup OneFi is buying Nigerian payment solutions company Amplify for an undisclosed amount. OneFi will take over Amplify's IP, ...
- ‘Africa’s Stripe,’ Paystack, Snags $8M From Visa, Tencent, Stripe PYMNTS.com
Paystack, the digital payments company in Nigeria, has landed $8 million in venture capital funding led by Stripe, with Visa and Tencent also participating.
- Osinbajo seeks new curriculum for STEAM learning Vanguard
The Vice President, Professor Yemi Osinbajo has called for a prioritize development a new educational curriculum that emphasizes Science, Technology, ...
- Nigeria's informal economy boosted by Paystack, VoguePay online payments Quartz Africa
Unregistered businesses are getting a path into Nigeria's economy thanks to payments startups.
- Meet Sola Akinlade, co-founder of Nigeria's foremost payment platform Paystack Nairametrics
The Nigerian financial space is currently being disrupted by a group of new companies building financial technology (Fintech) solutions.
- From Self-Funded To Series A - How TeamApt Is Transforming Africa's Payment Sector Forbes
Meet Tosin Eniolorunda, the founder of TeamApt, a Nigerian FinTech company that just raised $5 million.
- With a $10 million round, Nigeria’s Paga plans global expansion TechCrunch
Nigerian digital payments startup Paga is gearing up for an international expansion with $10 million in funding let by the Global Innovation Fund. The company ...
- Africa Roundup: Paga goes global and 4 startups raise $99M in VC TechCrunch
Nigerian digital payments startup Paga is gearing up for international expansion with a $10 million round led by the Global Innovation Fund. The company is ...
- Nigerian fintech startup Flutterwave loses ceo Iyin Aboyeji Quartz Africa
Aboyeji's departure comes just as Flutterwave announced an extension of its Series A round which takes the total funding it's raised beyond the $20 million ...
- Online betting firms gamble on soccer-mad Nigeria Reuters
LAGOS (Reuters) - Online sports betting is booming in soccer-mad Nigeria largely thanks to payment systems developed by homegrown technology firms that ...
- Nigerian payments company Paystack raises $8 million in Series A funding IT News Africa
Paystack, a Nigeria-based startup that provides payments tools to businesses in Africa, has raised $8 million in Series A funding. The round was led by Stripe,
- 10 Nigerian Startups to Watch Out for in 2019 Pulse Nigeria
Here is Business Insider SSA by Pulse's list of 10 startups to watch out for in 2019.
- Nigerian Payments Company, PayStack to Expand Operations into Ghana Soon Technext
Nigerian payments company, PayStack to expand operations into Ghana soon. This was announced after its staff visited the West African country.
- CEO discloses how family affair shutdown OyaPay's operation | Nairametrics
One year after its launch into the financial tech space, OyaPay, a Nigerian mobile-based point-of-sale startup has shut down operations at a time Fintech.
- How to use Paystack? Legit.ng
Legit.ng News ☆ In today's article, we want to tell you ☆ how to use Paystack ☆ *service*. It is a modern facility that provides entrepreneurs with the technology to ...
- 5 things you should never put on your CV according to experts Pulse Nigeria
Once a company puts out a job vacancy, their email boxes immediately get swamped with loads of Curriculum vitae (CV) or resumes. A chat with the Human ...
- Paystack secures $8m Series A Funding Guardian Nigeria
Paystack, a Nigeria-based startup providing payments tools to businesses in Africa, has raised $8 million in Series A Funding. The round was led by Stripe, and ...
- Nigerian Fintech Startup Paystack Raises $1.3 Million Forbes Now
A Q&A with the founders of Paystack, one of Nigeria's most hotly anticipated tech start-ups which has just secured $1.3M Seed investment from both international ...
- Paystack raises series A funding from Stripe, Visa, & Tencent CNBCAfrica.com
Nigeria-based online payment platform, Paystack has completed a Series A funding round from global payments leaders Stripe, Visa, and Tencent.
- What It Means to Dress in Lagos The New York Times
In Nigeria's largest city, boundary-breaking style pushes up against tradition and social conservatism.
- TechCabal Daily, 746 – GTB Has Opened a Digital Playground for Children in Lagos Nigeria. TechCabal
Welcome! We've brought you today's edition of TC Daily and you're invited to share with people in your network. If someone shared this with you, please take a ...
- Central Bank Nigeria CBN regulation for fintech startups Quartz
New regulation requirements by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) could make it difficult for some fintech companies to operate. In a draft policy document, CBN ...
- Paystack, BudgIT, 7 Other Nigerian Companies Make London Stock Exchange Group's “Companies to Inspire Africa” List for 2019 Technext
Nigerian payments firm, Paystack and accountability public enlightenment platform, BudgIT were among the 9 Nigerian companies that made it.
- Paystack records N1 billion in monthly transactions value Brandspurng
Paystack recorded a monthly transaction volume of N1 billion three days ago. It was announced via a tweet by Ezra Olubi, Co-founder and CTO of Paystack.
- Tech News Roundup: Paystack, Google, Arik Air all in the news Nairametrics
Welcome once again to Nairametrics' weekly tech news roundup. This week, as always, we bring you a compilation of the major tech events and activities.
- Does Captain Marvel's Brie Larson earn more than other MCU superheroes? South China Morning Post
Larson will walk away from the movie with more than Robert Downey Jnr, Chris Evans and Chadwick Boseman earned for their first MCU movies.
- FinTech Startup, Paystack, Raises $8 Million in Series A funding from Visa, Tencent and Stripe to Aid Expansion Technext
Nigerian payment processing company, Paystack, has raised $8 million in Series A funding from global payments giants –Visa, Tencen, and Stripe. This also ...
- AXA Mansard Partners Paystack For Seamless Transaction Independent Newspapers Limited
In a bid to help customers' carryout seamless transactions, AXA Mansard Plc, a member of the AXA Group and global leader in the insurance and asset ...
- Nigerian tech start-ups proliferate despite hurdles Financial Times
Any entrepreneur in Nigeria faces high operating costs brought on by the country's unstable power supply, shaky internet, and a fluctuating currency. Undaunted ...
- Tencent, Comcast Ventures just invested in Nigeria's payments start-up Paystack Quartz Africa
Tencent, Comcast Ventures and Singularity just invested in Nigeria's Paystack.
- Paystack Celebrates New Milestone; Now Processes Over N10 Billion Worth of Transactions Monthly Technext
Nigerian fintech startup, Paystack celebrates new milestone of processing over N10 billion ($27.5 million) worth of transactions every month.
- #Fintech250: Paystack, Paga and Branch Make List of Fastest Growing Fintech Startups in the World Technext
Fintech250, 3 Nigerian Fintech startups, Paystack, Paga and Branch are among 7 African startups in the list of world's fastest growing fintech startups.
- 4 Nigerian tech companies on the NSE currently trading below their IPO listing price Techpoint Africa
Only seven companies playing in the ICT sector are currently listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE). But in spite of the growing technology ecosystem in ...
- Family Feud: Nigeria's OyaPay closes over investor dispute Finextra
OyaPay, a Nigerian mobile-based point-of-sale startup, has shut down after a year in business thanks to a funding dispute with one of the founder's family ...
- Racing Ahead - These VCs Were The Most Active In Africa in Q1 2019 WeeTracker Media
VC funding have been on the rise in Africa for sevral years and this year has been no different. Here are the most active VCs in Africa for..
- What Happens Next? A Recap of the Tech Women Lagos Portrait Series and Exhibition TechCabal
Since 2014, TechCabal has been committed to doing more to drive inclusion in tech than just writing about or talking about the women in the space. The Tech ...
- Line-up of Tech Women Lagos Events TechCabal
Starting March 16, we will have a line-up of inspiring and educating Tech Women Lagos events. The Tech Women Lagos series profiles 50 women in Lagos' ...
- Nigerian fintech firm TeamApt raises $5M, eyes global expansion TechCrunch
Nigerian fintech startup TeamApt has raised $5.5 million in capital in a Series A round led by Quantum Capital Partners. The Lagos based firm will use the funds ...
- AXA Mansard Partners Firm on Digital Payment THISDAY Newspapers
Ebere Nwoji AXA Mansard Plc a member of the AXA Group has partnered a digital payment firm, Paystack to offer clients a platform that provides friendly digital ...
- 7 Things We Learned About Shola Akinlade & Paystack From His Y Combinator Interview Technext
Some days ago, American seed accelerator, Y Combinator posted a new episode of an interview with Shola Akinlade, CEO of Paystack, by Craig Cannon, on its ...
- Fintech companies to watch out for in 2019 Nairametrics
Recently, more Nigerians have been relying on financial technology (fintech) firms for quick fixes to their financial needs. A cross section of the population use ...
- Our partnership with Truecaller is to strengthen African businesses – Paystack Boss Vanguard
In a bid to ease Online payment and identify customers across Africa, Paystack has finalise it's partnership with Truecaller.
- African fintech startups like Flutterwave and Paystack are raising funds to drive financial inclusion Quartz Africa
Since 2015, fintech startups in Africa had raised $93 million in investment as of June 2017.
- Seven Africa-focused startups present at Y Combinator’s Demo Day TechCrunch
The seven Africa-focused companies that presented as part of Y Combinator's Winter 2019 class of 200 startups may seem like a small percentage for such a ...
- Theresa May In Africa: The Future Of Fintech In South Africa, Nigeria And Kenya Forbes Now
A delegation of UK fintech specialists joined Prime Minister Theresa May on her first official trip to Africa and will visit South Africa, Nigeria and Kenya to meet ...
- Lagos is hosting the biannual Africa Fintech Summit for the first time and tech leaders are lined up Pulse Nigeria
The two-day event will feature investor missions from the US, UK, and UAE, an Alpha Expo featuring the most exciting startups and entrepreneurs in Nigeria.
- AXA Mansard partners Paystack for seamless transactions Punchng
Nike Popoola AXA Mansard Plc, a member of the AXA Group and global leader in insurance and asset management, has partnered Paystack, an online pay...
- Paystack and Truecaller Link Up to Promote Online Businesses News Ghana
One of Nigeria's largest payment companies' partners with one of the world's largest mobile identity and communication platforms to enable secure online ...
- The 20 most important people in Nigerian tech Pulse Nigeria
In Africa, Nigeria's tech ecosystem is the most talked about. This is not unexpected -- Nigeria is both Africa's largest economy and most populous nation; its tech ...
- Experts say this is the right way to structure your CV Pulse Nigeria
To have the perfect CV, you need to follow certain guidelines.
- With 2018 coming to close, it seems that Fintech is still the preferred sector in Africa for global VCs to invest in Pulse Nigeria
Investors (locally and internationally) are still backing the new wave of Fintech startups that are levelling the playing field for the unbanked and underserved in ...
- Top 15 FinTech companies to watch in 2019 Ventures Africa
There are a number of impressive financial technology (FinTech) companies operating around the continent, and 2019 could be a very important year for their ...
- Nigeria's Paystack partners Truecaller for secure payments Disrupt Africa
Nigerian startup Paystack has partnered Swedish caller ID firm Truecaller to allow more merchants across Africa to accept payments online in a frictionless and ...
- Meet Shola Akinlade and Ezra Olubi of Paystack Pulse Nigeria
Paystack is a payment platform that makes the online payments process seamless for both the consumers and the businesses they are trying to pay.
- Celestine Omin Leaves Andela, Joins PayStack as Engineering Manager Technext
Celestine Omin leaves Andela to join Paystack as its new Engineering Manager as the payments processing company adds a new senior level player to its rank.
- African fintech startups innovate, boost financial inclusion Quartz
It is hard to miss news of the several funding rounds recently raised by fintech startups in Africa. After pulling in almost a third of total funding raised by startups ...
- What's Next In Nigerian Internet Tech? Stears Business
Looking at the past few decades of tech innovation in Nigeria as a guide to the future.
- IBM, SWIFT Cap X-Border Payments Initiatives PYMNTS.com
Blockchain and beyond, cross border payments held the focus of IBM, and others this past week. SWIFT grabbed some headlines too — and not simply due to ...
- Todd Combs, Warren Buffett's protégé, is making a bet on Paytm in India Quartz
After Todd Combs joined Berkshire Hathaway in 2010, he made an early bet on the payment industry through his investment in Visa. The card payment ...
- A Guide To The Payments and Fintech Landscape in Nigeria Proshare Nigeria Limited
The year 2018 has been an interesting one for FinTech startups in Africa. From major funding announcements to ground breaking events to new policy ...
- OyaPay shutdown: A sad case of family investment gone wrong Techpoint Africa
It is a sad story for the Nigerian fintech space as one of its very promising startups, OyaPay (site is yet to be taken down) shut down operations last week. OyaPay ...
- Reasons why entrepreneurs are shameless Nairametrics
Are you considering being an entrepreneur? I believe that you have to assess your shame level. You need to know if you can do some things mere mortals ...
- Retooling Nigerian banks through technology and innovation The Punch
Ejiro Obodo Branch networks in premier business districts, traditionally believed to measure the stature of financial providers are being replaced...
- Nigeria's tech leaders like Konga, Jumia, Paga and Y-Combinator's Flutterwave are in a race to fix a multi-billion dollar payments problem Quartz Africa
Three years ago, whenever Larry Eghosa, a Lagos-based sound engineer, tried to pay for products online it was always a crapshoot. After submitting his order ...
- Investors: five amazing innovations from Nigerian fintech entrepreneurs The Nation Newspaper
ice President Yemi Osinbajo recently addressed key players in the technology arena at the Silicon Valley to support and investment into Nigeria's budding ...
- Visa Announces Fintech Fast Track Program In Central & Eastern Europe, Middle East And Africa iAfrica.com
Visa (NYSE: V) today announced it is expanding its Fintech Fast-Track Program in the Central and Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa (CEMEA) region as ...
- Hustle, innovation, and opportunity - here are all the reasons why Lagos is hosting the Africa Fintech Summit Pulse Nigeria
Ahead of the first ever Africa Fintech Summit on Africa, Business Insider Sub-Saharan Africa talks to Leland Rice, chairman of the event, about the growth of ...
- Africa Roundup: Kenya’s BRCK acquires EveryLayer, Nigeria’s TeamApt eyes global expansion TechCrunch
Kenyan communications hardware company BRCK acquired the assets of Nairobi-based internet provider Surf and its U.S. parent EveryLayer in a purchase ...
- Africa fintech: Cellulant raises $47.5 million from TPG Growth's Rise Fund Quartz Africa
Cellulant's $47.5 million Series C round is one of the largest ever for an Africa-focused fintech company.
- Ten Women with Tech Careers That Don't Involve Coding TechCabal
The business of tech continues to be redefined by innovators in a wide array of professional fields. These women, though not 'techies', have discovered a way to ...
- Nigeria elections 2019 pulls in tech startups for politicians Quartz
Nigeria's tech ecosystem has come in for praise over the past decade given the rise of startups solving problems and serving addressable market needs using ...
- Are these the 10 biggest disclosed African tech startup deals of 2018? [Updated] Ventureburn
Africa tech startups raised over $178-million from 48 venture capital disclosed deals reported by Ventureburn in 2018.
- What Does the New CBN License Regime Mean for Nigerian Fintech Companies? Technext
The CBN has finally stepped up its measures to regulate Nigerian fintech companies in the country. And has unveiled new CBN license regulatory measures.
- Five ways fintech is improving access to financial services Raconteur
Lack of access to finance is a major issue for entrepreneurs and small businesses across Africa. According to a report by charity Graça Machel Trust, 71 per cent ...
- Pro Rata - August 29, 2018 Axios
Hey Boston: We're (finally) doing our first Axios live event near the home office. It takes place at Cyclorama in the South End on Friday, Sept. 7, and will include ...
- Dangote, Naspers, MTN, should fund African startups to help both sides grow Quartz Africa
"African corporations are starting to establish internal innovation divisions that work with local startups but they need to evolve into more open platforms"
- IWD: The women shaping Nigeria's tech revolution Stears Business
Tech startups have blossomed in Nigeria. We chart the stories of the women that made it happen.