Promise provides a cost-effective, more humane alternative to incarceration by extending the capabilities of community supervision, improving long-term outcomes for individuals and communities. Promise is working on a solution to reduce the jail population. County governments pay Promise to work with arrestees who would otherwise be incarcerated because they couldn’t afford bail. Promise provides arrestees with tailored plans that include court-mandated conditions and connection to services such as drug treatment, housing, mental health treatment, job training, and others. The connections and support provided by Promise help participants achieve goals and reduce recidivism
- Are Huawei laptops safe? Intel, Microsoft promise support, but the future remains uncertain PCWorld
The U.S. ban on Huawei calls into question whether the company's Matebook and Matebook Pro laptops are safe to buy. We update you on Intel and Microsoft ...
- GST’s performance versus promise The Hindu
As the Budget draws nearer, the GST revenue picture has assumed great importance. The fiscal projections and the ability to fund welfare schemes hinge on this ...
- Harlem Capital, A Backer Of Minority And Women-Run Companies, Wins Investment From $108 Billion In Assets TPG Forbes
Harlem Capital, a venture firm aiming to back 1000 minority and women-founded companies has won the backing of TPG Capital. The $108 billion in assets ...
- 'Medicare for All' Is A Trap for Businesses and Employees Forbes
Some business leaders are hopping aboard the Medicare for All bandwagon. While Medicare for All might sound like a good deal, it will only hurt businesses, ...
- Another Voice: Promise zone helps transform challenged neighborhoods Sacramento Business Journal
Sacramento's designation in 2015 as a "promise zone" is the catalyst for unprecedented *service* expansion in Sacramento's most economically distressed ...
- Dirty water holds biggest promise for pipeline companies, Jefferies says - News for the Oil and Gas Sector Energy Voice
For companies that haul oil and natural gas, the next big thing may be dirty water, according to Jefferies Group LLC. As booming U.S. oil production unleashes a ...
- 'Sign in With Apple' Promises Better Customer Experiences But Is It Just More Lock-in? mySanAntonio.com
Sign In with Apple is yet another manifestation of Apple's commitment to consumer privacy as a brand. Aaron Parecki. Published 10:00 am CDT, Sunday, June ...
- Recent Developments Confirm the Obrador Administration Will Fulfill Its Campaign Promise to Battle Corruption in Mexico JD Supra
Corruption and bribery have run rampant throughout Mexico for years. However, recent developments and policy changes of the new administration indicate that ...
- Small Hilton Head business gets major collaboration opportunity WTOC
A major collaboration with a big name designer helped one small business owner in the Lowcountry sell out of his latest product.
- Wall Street sees big promise in Facebook coin, with a lot of ifs Chicago Daily Herald
Facebook Inc.'s bid to create a new cryptocurrency has the potential to someday disrupt the global money system, analysts say. That's if the new stablecoin, ...
- 2020 Democratic presidential candidates’ campaign finance pledges Vox.com
Democratic presidential candidates are rejecting special interest campaign donations. But there is usually a catch.
- Genetic Tests Like 23andMe Promise the Moon and Stars—but What Can They Actually Tell Us? Pacific Standard
The darker side of DNA tests reveals itself when a company overpromises their diagnostic abilities, providing an avenue for people to seek astrology-style ...
- Network gets 72 CEOs to sign Equity Pledge Crain's Chicago Business
The Chicago Network, a group of 434 powerful women, has persuaded 72 CEOs to sign its Equity Pledge, a vow to work toward having women in half of ...
- Xiaomi’s new Mi CC brand will develop ‘trendy’ smartphones for young people TechCrunch
Huawei may be on the ropes as it battles sanctions from the U.S. government, but fellow Chinese smartphone rival Xiaomi is in expansion mode with the launch ...
- Dollar Tree is breaking its $1 promise and rolling out pricier products amid pressure from Trump's tariffs Business Insider
Dollar Tree is known for being the discount-store chain that sells products for $1 and under. Not anymore.
- Mike Parker: If a business won't show its real identity, how honest can it be? Neuse News
Just like you, Neuse News columnist Mike Parker is sick of spam and 'spoof' calls.
- Hershey, Nestle and Mars won't promise their chocolate is free of child labor The Washington Post
Nearly 20 years ago, the cocoa industry's biggest companies pledged to eradicate the “worst forms” of child labor in their supply chains. Why haven't they kept ...
- Pharmacists promise 'more smiles' at new, independent Casper drug store Casper Star-Tribune Online
Casper's newest — and only — independent pharmacy is the product of a literal dream and a dissatisfaction with corporations.
- Is This the Summer From Hell or Business As Usual for Hollywood? The Ringer
The flops are everywhere. The streamers are lurking. Is a new paradigm for the movie business on the horizon?
- Jersey, Guernsey and Isle of Man promise to reveal company ownership in tax haven crackdown Telegraph.co.uk
Jersey, Guernsey and the Isle of Man are set to bring forward legislation that would grant public access to a central register revealing the true ownership of firms ...
- Blockchain’s real promise: Automating trust MIT Technology Review
Combining the distributed ledger with other technologies such as artificial intelligence cuts costs and makes supply chains traceable.
- The 3D printing promise of weight optimization is not about parts, it’s about systems 3DPMN
The leading aerospace 3D printing companies took over the Paris Air Show 2019 with some exciting innovation and impressive redesigned parts.
- Watch what happened when a father promised his 7-year-old son a PlayStation 5 if he could hit the crossbar 3 times in a row with a soccer ball Business Insider
Chris Charles, a 34-year-old living in Birmingham, England, made a bet with his 7-year-old son, telling him he would get him a PlayStation 5 if he could hit a ...
- Players welcome Ramaphosa promise IOL
President makes commitment that broadband spectrum allocation process will begin in the next 30 days.
- Facebook's Libra, for all of its promise, faces an uphill battle Financial Post
This week, Facebook announced that it will create money for the world to use: Libra, a cryptocurrency that could enable the company's 2.7 billion users to send ...
- 3 Top High-Yield Tech Stocks Motley Fool
The tech industry tends to be less generous with dividend payments than other market segments such as consumer staples and utilities. However, if you know ...
- Ten Companies Join UN Foundation, Promise Better Lives for Women Philanthropy Women
Women comprise a large and growing percentage of the global workforce, yet they often work under unhealthy and difficult conditions, including harassment and ...
- From juvenile delinquent to Juris Doctor: Camden woman keeps her promise to the judge who gave her a break 12 The Philadelphia Inquirer
When a Family Court judge gave her a second chance after a brush with the law, Carmen Day promised to return to his courtroom one day — as a lawyer.
- Is centrism doomed? The cautionary tale of Howard Schultz — and the surprising promise of a populist center. Washington Post
Schultz personifies why the political middle gets a bad rap: It's seen as wishy-washy, corporate, elitist. But what if there's an alternative?
- Businesses Warn Trump of Consequences of New Mexican Tariffs U.S. News & World Report
WASHINGTON (AP) — It was a surprise announcement that could derail a major trade deal. President Donald Trump has announced that he is placing a 5% ...
- Mahathir Says He Underestimated Challenge of Governing Malaysia Bloomberg
Malaysia's Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad said he underestimated the challenges of governing the country before his shock election victory last year.
- With Mandate From India’s Voters, Modi Promises Improved Economy Again The New York Times
NEW DELHI — On Thursday, India's newly re-elected prime minister, Narendra Modi, unveiled his priorities for his second term — and fixing the weakening ...
- Elaine Chao did not divest from stock in construction-materials company despite her promise: report Salon
Secretary of Transportation Elaine Chao never divested herself from stock in a construction-materials company despite promising an ethics official she would do ...
- Democratic Candidates Promise to Close Wealth Gap Between Blacks and Whites The New York Times
CHARLESTON, S.C. — Four top Democratic presidential candidates promised black voters Saturday that, if elected, their administrations would help close the ...
- Banks promise to drop sales incentives for staff RNZ
The country's main retail banks have promised to largely scrap sales incentives for frontline staff and their managers.
- Incyte cream shows promise in treating serious skin disease delawarebusinessnow.com
Incyte announced promising results from use of a cream version of its blockbuster drug Jakafi in treating a skin disease known as vitiligo. The results were being ...
- Top female executives to add to your board of directors Business Insider
A new California law mandates that all public companies headquartered in the state must have at least one female board member by the end of 2019.
- Aptar Pharma of Crystal Lake buys two companies to boost its pharmaceutical packaging business. Crain's Chicago Business
Aptar Pharma of Crystal Lake buys two companies to boost its pharmaceutical packaging business.
- Consolidated Bank affirms brand promise with an all-inclusive tagline GhanaWeb
Consolidated Bank Ghana (CBG), a wholly owned GhanaianBank has launched a unique tagline as part of efforts to identify itself as a customer focused brand, ...
- In Streaming Age, Classical Music Gets Lost in the Metadata The New York Times
Has music streaming ignored aficionados of Mozart and Beethoven? Two new services, Idagio and Primephonic, address the needs of the genre's discerning ...
- Ellicott City business owner who weathered two major floods will shut her doors Washington Post
Sally Tennant's home and store sustained major damage in 2016 and 2018. She has been operating out of a temporary location that will close on Sunday.
- Cannabidiol shows promise as new antibiotic Business Standard
Read more about Cannabidiol shows promise as new antibiotic on Business Standard. Cannabidiol, the main non-psychoactive chemical compound extracted ...
- China’s economic census uncovers more fake data South China Morning Post
Local officials are under pressure to meet economic growth targets for personal promotion as well as the trade war with the United States.
- AstraZeneca's Lynparza shows promise in treating advanced ovarian cancer delawarebusinessnow.com
AstraZeneca and Merck & Co. have reported impressive results in a late-stage trial of Lynparza in treating late-stage ovarian cancer. The results from the trial, ...
- Fostering an Ethical Culture on Your Sales Team Harvard Business Review
Sales scandals can take a large toll. Beyond devastating consequences to the company in the form of negative publicity and penalties, workers may be held ...
- Libra promises to become a global payment system by 2020, but there's a gaping hole in their plan Business Insider
At the unveiling of Libra, Facebook promised the new digital currency would change the way the world pays but has told Business Insider Australia that 1.4 ...
- AstraZeneca-Merck drug Lynparza shows promise in treating pancreatic cancer. delawarebusinessnow.com
AstraZeneca and Merck & Co., Inc. announced results of a study that show jointly-developed Lynparza extended the lives of people fighting late-stage pancreatic ...
- Justice Dept. Explores Google Antitrust Case The New York Times
WASHINGTON — The Justice Department is exploring whether to open a case against Google for potential antitrust violations, putting renewed scrutiny on the ...
- Neil Gaiman interview on making Amazon's 'Good Omens' miniseries Business Insider
"Good Omens" is one of Amazon's most ambitious shows, and one of the most personal for Neil Gaiman. He made it for the late Terry Pratchett.
- Mario Kart Tour shows promise of mobile hit for Nintendo Chicago Daily Herald
Nintendo Co. remains bereft of a monster smartphone hit more than four years after a much-ballyhooed entry into mobile gaming. The wait may finally be over.
- Another Trump promise kept: Getting the government out of the fetal-harvesting business Washington Examiner
When the Center for Medical Progress began in 2015 releasing its undercover videos proving that the bodies of aborted babies were being harvested for ...
- Your iPhone is Sharing Personal Information at an Alarming Rate, Despite Apple's Promise to Guard Your Privacy Inc.
A Washington Post columnist conducted a test showing that your iPhone is sharing far more of your personal information than you thought. Here's what you ...
- Govt, RBI promise to address concerns on data localization rule Livemint
New Delhi: The government and the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) will address all the concerns of technology and e-commerce firms around India's data storage ...
- Secure transport firm 3 Sixty delivers on market promise Ottawa Business Journal
Almonte-based cannabis transport firm set to challenge industry heavyweights Brink's and GardaWorld after major acquisition.
- The Promise and Problem of Fake Meat The New Republic
It could help improve public health and reduce climate change. But questions remain about the highly processed food—and some producers' coziness with the ...
- Boris's superfast broadband promise is more myth than reality Telegraph.co.uk
Even Boris Johnson's most ardent admirers in the Conservative Party, who now apparently include the neophiliac former broadband minister Matt Hancock, ...
- Scott Morrison flags Trump-style economic plan in pledge to cut more red tape The Guardian
After six years of the Coalition promising to cut red tape, Scott Morrison has used his first major speech since winning the election to promise to continue cutting ...
- Dont fall for the promise of exceedingly high returns in Ponzi schemes Business Standard
News of people losing their money in fraudulent deposit schemes comes with disconcerting regularity. Saradha, Rose Valley, PACL, etc are scams in which ...
- Ramaphosa's job creation promise is not enough, says Cosatu EWN
With over 10 million people unemployed and over three million working but still poor, Cosatu said the president's proposal to create 155000 jobs in the next five ...
- The long-shot science that attracted Brad Pitt and Neil Woodford Financial Times
Promise of abundant nuclear power propelled 'cold fusion' company to $918m valuation.
- Realising the promise of smart cities The Business Times
ConnecTechAsia 2019: THE BUSINESS TIMES Hub - What progress have we seen in the past few years regarding the development of smart cities in Asia?
- Mindtree promoters promise higher growth amid L&T takeover ETtech.com
Larsen & Toubro (L&T)'s acquisition bid will be handled in such a way that it increases shareholder value, mid-tier IT services company Mindtree said, adding it ...
- Dr M: I made a promise, and I'll keep to my promise New Straits Times
KUALA LUMPUR: Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad reiterates today that he will keep to his promise with regard to passing the baton to PKR president Datuk Seri ...
- How will Modi handle India's economy? BBC News
With an even bigger electoral mandate, India's new government is in a position to push ahead with reforms.
- Crunch time: why Prataap Snacks is struggling to live up to its promise of being a small-town winner Economic Times
Soon after its fabulous listing in 2017, Prataap Snacks began to slip on the bourses. A struggle to break consumer preferences, lack of pricing power, and ...
- Telecoms stocks rise after Ramaphosa’s spectrum promise Business Day
Mobile operators have said for years that their limited access to radio waves, or spectrum, is pushing up costs for consumers.
- Take a look inside an Amazon Air Boeing 737, the latest weapon in Jeff Bezos' master plan to win the delivery wars INSIDER
Amazon uses its own planes to ensure a speedy delivery, and it just announced that it was taking on 15 more Boeing 737-800BCFs as part of this.
- EDITORIAL: Fulfil plates promise Business Daily
NTSA has announced that digital number plates will now be rolled out in January.
- Dad delivers on promise to dying son to end social exclusion of sick children Stuff.co.nz
A promise to his dying son led Ben Martel to create a life-enhancing technology to reduce the social isolation of children with long-term illnesses. Martel's son ...
- BIS: Facebook’s Foray into Cryptocurrency Poses New Risks for Banks Cointelegraph
The Bank of International Settlements warns that financial services offered by big tech firms such as Facebook, Google and Amazon could create new risks for ...
- ASL Marine: No promise that controlling Ang family will fully take up rights warrants The Business Times
OFFSHORE and marine group ASL Marine has clarified that its controlling shareholders, the Ang family, will not provide an irrevocable undertaking to fully ...
- Ten tips for young entrepreneurs launching businesses in a struggling economy eNCA
What does it take to be, and remain a successful entrepreneur in the struggling local economy and competitive global economy?
- New platform claims agents will soon NOT have to 'double-enter' data The Negotiator
Best Agent claims 76 suppliers including nine CRM platform are to attend its technical conference in Bicester on Wednesday.
- Consolidated Bank launches 'We Stand With You' tagline to affirm brand promise Myjoyonline.com
Consolidated Bank Ghana, a wholly owned Ghanaian Bank, has launched a unique tagline as part of efforts to identify itself as a customer-focused brand.
- Chiefs promise fans things are changing Business Day
More signings on the horizon, assures Amakhosi spokesman.
- Ex-Employee Sues Startup Behind Zcash for $2 Million Over Unpaid Stock CoinDesk
A former employee, Simon Liu, is suing the Zerocoin Electric Coin Company for $2 million over unpaid shares, breach of contact, and damages, according to ...
- Water bottling consents rise despite Government's pre-election promise to reduce exports TVNZ
Water bottling consents have increased in New Zealand, despite pledges by the now-Government while in Opposition that action would be taken to stem the ...
- Chinese City Offers Rent Subsidies, Cash Rewards to Blockchain Businesses Cointelegraph
Fuzhou, China is offering rent subsidies to blockchain businesses in a bid to accelerate the industry's growth, the state-run People's Daily reported on June 11.
- Airport operators promise return on €5m Govt investment RTE.ie
The operators of Waterford Airport say the €5m State investment in the facility will be paid back in less than four years.
- Major Crypto Exchange Bitfinex to Briefly Go Offline for Upgrade Next Week Cointelegraph
Cryptocurrency exchange Bitfinex announced that it will be offline for up to seven hours next week in a Medium post published on June 20. Per the ...
- Procuring Small Business Can Promise Success Too Entrepreneur
The prominence of startups in the ecosystem has precipitated a misconception. It is vastly reckoned that success can be achieved through a disruptive business ...
- Threat or promise? E-auto boom could cost industry jobs Fox Business
Over 115 years the auto industry in the east German town of Zwickau has lived through wrenching upheavals.
- In Fresno's Chinatown, Business Owners Conflicted About Promise Of High Speed Rail Valley Public Radio
Ofelia Hemme used to run Ofelia's Cocina, a Mexican restaurant on Kern Street with red and yellow tablecloths and sunny wall murals of beaches and palm.
- Visa and App Provider LINE Pay to Use Blockchain in New Fintech Offerings CoinDesk
Japanese app provider LINE Pay Corporation has inked a deal with Visa to create new fintech services for their retail and merchant customers. In a joint ...
- Water companies promise local ownership in renewed merger bid Hartford Courant
Connecticut Water *Service* Inc. and a California water company buying the Clinton-based company have filed a new application with state regulators addressing ...
- Blockchain Hits Top 10 Future Skills in LinkedIn Asia Pacific Report Cointelegraph
Blockchain is one of the top ten most important employee skills in the Asia Pacific region, a new report from professional social network LinkedIn confirmed in ...
- Joe Biden And The Disappearing America BuzzFeed News
Joe Biden's presidential campaign sometimes seems like a promise to restore us to the Obama years. But what's been lost? And when did we have it?
- Tracking Drugs on Blockchain: How Significant Is Walmart and IBM's New Collaboration? Cointelegraph
Walmart is no stranger to distributed ledger technology (DLT). Back in October 2016, the multinational food retailer began collaborating with IBM on a ...
- Building Your Company's Brand Promise Contractor Mag
In this brief article we will focus on one key aspect of contractor marketing that is often difficult or confusing to many, the brand promise.
- Companies promise quick turnaround on nuclear reactor decommissioning Press Herald
PLYMOUTH, Mass. — Companies specializing in the handling of radioactive material are buying retired U.S. nuclear reactors from utilities and promising to ...
- A bride says her bridesmaid posted a photo of her wedding dress weeks before the big day and tagged the groom Business Insider South Africa
A bride-to-be on the parenting forum Mumsnet said her bridesmaid wasn't very accommodating when she asked her to remove the photo from Facebook.
- Global Banking Giant HSBC Launches Tokenization-Based Receivables System for India Cointelegraph
Major global banking group HSBC has implemented tokenization technology into its receivables infrastructure for corporate clients in India, according to an ...
- Grand Theft Crypto: The State of Cryptocurrency-Stealing Malware and Other Nasty Techniques Cointelegraph
In 2019, centralized exchanges and individual hodlers are losing record-breaking sums of digital money to hackers and scammers.
- Firm That Saw Stock Boost After Crypto 'Pivot' Hit With New SEC Charges CoinDesk
The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) filed new charges against fintech company Longfin Corp. and its CEO, Venkata Meenavalli, alleging that ...
- Theranos Empty Promise to Cure a Fake Problem Crain's Chicago Business
Once called the world's youngest female self-made billionaire, Elizabeth Holmes propagated a medical myth about the powers of testing and prevention.
- Can Businesses Capitalize On The Promise Of AI? Forbes
Those organizations that can capture the most data in the shortest amount of time may be the ones that capitalize on the promise of AI.
- SBI Virtual Currencies: The Bank-Backed Japanese Exchange With Big Plans Cointelegraph
Japan has been a land of firsts when it comes to crypto, even if "Satoshi Nakamoto" isn't really Japanese. It's the country where Mt. Gox — the first major crypto ...
- 5G: World's first commercial services promise 'great leap' BBC News
South Korea and the US have this week launched the world's first commercial 5G services, promising a new wave of capabilities for smartphone users. Samsung ...
- How blockchain helps companies keep their brand promise ClickZ
Blockchain can help companies keep their brand promise when it comes to proving ethical and legitimate sourcing of supplies. Examples of how that happens.
- Dutch Billionaire Yet Another Victim of Deceptive Crypto Ads, Sues Facebook Cointelegraph
Earlier this week, Dutch billionaire John De Mol launched a lawsuit against Facebook over crypto ads using his image without permission. De Mol claims that ...