Promise provides a cost-effective, more humane alternative to incarceration by extending the capabilities of community supervision, improving long-term outcomes for individuals and communities. Promise is working on a solution to reduce the jail population. County governments pay Promise to work with arrestees who would otherwise be incarcerated because they couldn’t afford bail. Promise provides arrestees with tailored plans that include court-mandated conditions and connection to services such as drug treatment, housing, mental health treatment, job training, and others. The connections and support provided by Promise help participants achieve goals and reduce recidivism
- Procuring Small Business Can Promise Success Too Entrepreneur
The prominence of startups in the ecosystem has precipitated a misconception. It is vastly reckoned that success can be achieved through a disruptive business ...
- Amazon vs Ocasio-Cortez: 25K NYC job promise had holes Fox Business
The congresswoman said when Amazon was asked for more details about the jobs, they failed to respond.
- Bklyn Dem leaders reluctantly promise more time for debate after protests erupt at biannual meeting Brooklyn Paper
They're open to discussion. Kings County Democratic Committee leaders reluctantly committed to implementing a dedicated time slot for open discussion and ...
- A Tall Promise Business Today
A look at the key announcements of this government's last Budget and a brief snapshot of its spends and earnings.
- China seeks to woo US with promise of big chip purchases - Business News The Star Online
BEIJING: China is counting on promises of big purchases of U.S. semiconductors and other goods to ease trade tensions and persuade President Trump to ...
- Roche executive sees promise in diagnostics San Francisco Business Times
Paul Brown has worked for 33 years at Roche — the parent company of Genentech — including 22 in various leadership roles in the pharmaceutical division ...
- 2019 and the 5G promise Business Today
As 2019 paves the way for innovative technologies to drive transformation and take us to the next era of human-machine partnerships, all eyes are on the fifth ...
- Jawo vows to play in PBA legends game sequel: 'Promise yan' Rappler
The Living Legend works his magic along the sidelines as Barangay Ginebra foils Purefoods.
- Reliance Group lenders promise not to sell shares till September 1 Business Today
Reliance Group will pay the principal and interest amounts to the lenders on the scheduled due dates. It has also appointed investment bankers for part ...
- Aboard Train 18: A promise that could not be kept Business Standard
It was an offer one couldn't resist -- a journey back home in Delhi, quicker by at least six hours, by the high-speed Train 18, rechristened Vande Bharat Express.
- Why businesses are worried about Rahul Gandhi's minimum income promise Economic Times
NEW DELHI: India's main opposition Congress Party is promising to introduce a minimum income guarantee for the poor if it wins power in an election due by ...
- Small businesses in Long Island City see promise in Amazon's impending arrival TimesLedger
Amazon offices in Long Island City mean business for a number of stores and restaurants on Vernon Boulevard, one of the area's main roadways.
- Financial classes offered at Norfolk church promise peace of mind Virginian-Pilot
Charles Shannon and his wife Jackie had about $33,000 in debt in 2009. Then the couple applied principles they learned in Financial Peace University – a ...
- 11 counties promise high returns on investment Business Daily
Agriculture and services account for the largest share of economic activities in all the counties.
- Cultured meat: Good or bad, promise or peril? AG Week
Across America, people both in and out of agriculture are hearing more about cell-based meat, aka "clean meat" and "fake meat," among other terms. Whether ...
- Family Promise to assist homeless in Greenville: Belk donation helps launch effort in 10 cities Greenville Daily Reflector
Monday, February 18, 2019. Bright red and pink signs with the words “Share the Love” dot the department-store landscape at Belk at the Greenville Mall, part of ...
- AIA GOING STRONG ON ITS BRAND PROMISE - Business News The Star Online
KUALA LUMPUR: Life insurer AIA Bhd is upholding firmly to its brand promise amid surging healthcare costs and fierce competition among insurers in the ...
- New York Should Be Happy Amazon Has Changed Its Mind Investor's Business Daily
It's official. After first saying yes to an offer that most people thought they couldn't refuse, Amazon has changed its mind and will not be building a new ...
- Dr. Phil’s TV Company Accused of Breaking Promise to Treat Cancer Patient Variety
A cancer patient who was featured on the daytime show “The Doctors” is accusing the producers of backing out on a promise to help her get a free prosthesis.
- Democrats offer European allies the promise of a post-Trump future. But can they deliver? The Washington Post
MUNICH — Amid the gloom of a security conference focused on the breakdown in transatlantic relations under President Trump, Joe Biden offered beleaguered ...
- H-E-B makes good on Heights store promise Houston Chronicle
Major retailers, such as H-E-B, have increasingly pushed communities in the Houston area to strike down their dry laws to pave way for new stores and ...
- Company sees promise in PLA recycling - Plastics Recycling Update Plastics Recycling Update
PLA is marketed to consumers for its ability to degrade in composting systems. But a Los Angeles startup sees mechanical recycling in the material's future.
- El Dorado Promise boosts enrollment, college degree completion talkbusiness.net
Almost 2,500 students have benefitted from the El Dorado Promise scholarship program since it was implemented on Jan. 22, 2007, with students attending 140 ...
- UConn women remain all business as regular season winds down Hartford Courant
The UConn women's basketball team may have made it past the hardest part of the regular season, but the Huskies are not taking their final opponents lightly.
- Ideo turning to blockchain Business Insider
Ideo, the design firm that helped Steve Jobs design the first Apple mouse, is now investing in what it calls distributed web technologies to revolutionize the ...
- These Bay Area projects promise to transform the waterfront - San Francisco Business Times San Francisco Business Times
High-profile waterfront projects have grabbed headlines in recent years, but a host of lesser-known projects throughout the Bay Area are nearly as ambitious.
- Consumer Staples Offering Promise In 2019 Forbes
With all the volatility in the market, the repeat purchases earned by consumer staples stocks deliver consistent dividend growth with a track record of capital ...
- 5G: How Much Are Customers Willing to Pay for the Promise? Business Wire
As carriers worldwide continue the race to 5G, MATRIXX Software recently connected with over 4000 mobile users across the United States and the UK to.
- Budget tests Gretchen Whitmer's promise to repeal Michigan pension tax Bridge Michigan
Gov. Whitmer faces likely Republican opposition to her campaign vow. And a repeal blows a $330 million hole in the state's already strained budget.
- Amazon Web Services makes pitch to retailers Business Insider
In the face of competition from other cloud services, AWS is telling retailers it can make them more like Amazon.com.
- Trump's fulfilled his promise of prosperity: Varney Fox Business
However, the Democrats and the media do not want the president re-elected.
- Nissan was offered secret state aid to cope with Brexit, minister concedes The Guardian
The business secretary has been forced to admit the existence of a previously secret package of state aid to Nissan that could have been worth up to £80m had ...
- California, New York promise legal challenges to Trump's emergency declaration Yahoo News
California and New York suggested on Friday they would take legal action against President Donald Trump's national emergency declaration aimed at freeing ...
- 4 Ways Lying Becomes the Norm at a Company HBR.org Daily
Many of the corporate scandals in the past several years — think Volkswagen or Wells Fargo — have been cases of wide-scale dishonesty. It's hard to fathom ...
- Brexit gets Trump boost while Obama poo-pooed it Fox Business
In April 2016, less than two months before Britons went to the polls to vote on whether the U.K. should be in or out of the European Union, then-President Barack ...
- Volunteers to build Promise Pointe tiny home at Home Product Show Victoria Advocate
About 25 volunteers will try to complete a tiny home from start to finish at the 2019 Crossroads Builders Association Home Product Show.
- New Brunswick business community surprised by Higgs's deficit-free promise CBC.ca
New Brunswick Premier Blaine Higgs used his first state of the province speech to announce the province is deficit-free, and the upcoming 2019-20 budget will ...
- Sustainability is key to fisheries bill The Guardian
Letter: If the government's plans are implemented, our marine environment will be less protected after Brexit than it is now, say signatories including Sandy Luk ...
- Company News Viacom's Acquisition of Pluto TV and the Promise of a Free Streaming Future By Viacom Corporate
In the ever-shifting ecosystem of streaming video, ad-supported platforms offer *content* creators and audiences something new: premium *content* for free.
- Nvidia shares jump on promise of recovery later this year Financial Times
Nvidia's shares bounced more than 7 per cent in extended trading on Thursday after the US chipmaker gave its first guidance about the direction of its business ...
- Hornville Tavern north of Evansville for sale, but owners promise it's not closing Evansville Courier & Press
Hornville Tavern's roots date to the 1930s. Some of its enduring specialties are chicken, ribs and thick-cut pork shops, all smoked on-site.
- China, Germany promise closer financial cooperation Milbank Monitor
By JOE McDONALD – Associated Press – Friday, January 18, 2019. BEIJING (AP) – China and Germany promised Friday to open their markets wider to each ...
- Clinical Movement Expected in 2019 on Pharma Firms Gene Therapy Promise Streetwise Reports
A number of data readouts are expected in the coming months, which could derisk and accelerate development programs, according to an H.C. Wainwright ...
- Pritzker's job training effort shows promise Herald-Whig
DURING a whirlwind first week in office, Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker signed an executive order that represents a hopeful sign for the business sector.
- Rep. Clere says Jeffersonville's Promise is a misuse of TIF dollars Evening News and Tribune
JEFFERSONVILLE – A bill in the Indiana House seeks to stop Jeffersonville's Promise — and any similar programs — before the educational initiative even ...
- Using Blockchain: A Strategic Roadmap for Companies Knowledge@Wharton
Saikat Chaudhuri from Wharton's Mack Institute discusses the promise and potential pitfalls of implementing the blockchain.
- Girona promise easy pickings for Real Madrid Business Standard
Read more about Girona promise easy pickings for Real Madrid on Business Standard. Real Madrid will look to maintain their winning streak when struggling ...
- Dan Haar: Lessons for CT as corporate giants stun NY, Boston CTPost
For entirely different reasons, two of the best known, blue-chip names in corporate America — Amazon and General Electric — stunned nameplate cities of the ...
- The art of the fake victory lap: In Trump's mind, he never loses The Age
Even as a businessman, in the face of obvious failure, Trump never admitted to coming off second best.
- Ikea roasts Tidying Up With Marie Kondo in fantastic ad Fast Company
It feels like everyone is Kondo-ing right now. Ikea has some helpful suggestions.
- A.I. Shows Promise Assisting Physicians The New York Times
A neural network analyzed the medical records of 600000 hospital patients in China, and diagnosed their conditions as accurately as doctors did in some cases.
- Sony in 2019: Playing catch-up Android Authority
It shouldn't come as any surprise by now that Sony unleashed a metric ton of phones in 2019. Unfortunately for Sony, it once again failed to capture a wide ...
- BuzzFeed's layoffs and the false promise of "unions aren't for us" Fast Company
Things may have seemed bad a year ago, but we're entering into an even darker age for the media industry. advertisement. Two of the biggest digital news ...
- The promise and the reality of the A380 Australian Aviation
From the point of view of the aviation enthusiast, it was an awesome sight. From the point of view of the rational aviation journalist, it was a sobering backdrop to ...
- Lenders promise big savings on your student loans, but here's why the reality is different than advertised CNBC
Student loan refinancing companies say they offer borrowers a way to save thousands of dollars on their debt, by allowing them to pay off their loans at a lower ...
- Google sister company wants a cut of Toronto's property taxes for developing smart city Yahoo Style
Alphabet's Sidewalk Labs, a sister company of Google, wants a cut of Toronto's property taxes to build out its vision of a futuristic data-driven smart city.
- The A380 proves that it’s profit that really makes an airliner fly The Guardian
Even a great aeronautical achievement like a superjumbo can be brought low by the vagaries of economics.
- GE comes up big, Blue Apron shows promise, polar vortex hits GM Yahoo Finance
General Electric, Blue Apron, General Motors, Blackstone and Charles Schwab are the companies to watch.
- Reforms in land sector hold great promise Business Daily
It is precisely ten years since the passing of the Sessional No. 3 of 2009 National Land Policy. In the last ten years, we have experienced many legislative and ...
- Promise of MBBS admission in Karnataka : Parent duped of Rs 1.5 crore Education Medical Dialogues
Bengaluru: There seems no cessation for miscreants who promise medical seats to MBBS aspirants and flee with a huge amount of money extracted from them.
- These 5 PSU stocks have now become good buys for long term investors Economic Times
The governments strategy of using the exchange-traded fund (ETF) route to divest its stake in them has led to some short-term technical pressure.
- Report: Crypto Exchanges Saw Trading Volumes Plummet in January Bitcoin Magazine
Blockchain and cryptocurrency research firm Diar has released a report that reveals a sizeable drop in crypto trade volumes in January 2019 for popular crypto ...
- 'We won't be trampled on': striking Mexican workers vow to fight the fight The Guardian
Strikes close or slow production at dozens of assembly plants and factories as workers demand better salaries.
- Cowboys on the Block: Inside Wyoming’s Race for Crypto Prominence Cointelegraph
Analysis. In the first month of 2019, the state of Wyoming has performed yet another series of power moves showcasing its continued commitment to becoming ...
- Smart Contract Auditor Lets Go 80% of Staff in Crypto Winter Cutbacks CoinDesk
Hosho was founded under the premise it could safely sell smart contract shovels in a tokenized gold rush – in fact, the company's name itself means “security” in ...
- Can Businesses Capitalize On The Promise Of AI? Forbes
Those organizations that can capture the most data in the shortest amount of time may be the ones that capitalize on the promise of AI.
- Washington’s life sciences sector posts massive growth despite death of state fund Puget Sound Business Journal (Seattle)
A new economic impact report breaks down the latest data in Washington's often obscure life sciences industry.
- Coincheck Owner Monex Warns of Scammers Impersonating Its Businesses Cointelegraph
News. Japanese online broker Monex Group, owner of hacked cryptocurrency exchange Coincheck, warned of a new scam claiming to be related to its business ...
- Do Analysts See Any Promise for Humana Inc. (NYSE:HUM)? Weston Business Review
Research brokerage firms on Wall Street are offering a consensus “Buy” rating on shares of Humana Inc. (NYSE:HUM). Using the following ratings scale: 1.0 ...
- Chinese Leaders Promise Tax Cuts, Help for Entrepreneurs U.S. News & World Report
BEIJING (AP) — News reports say Chinese leaders are promising tax cuts and more help to entrepreneurs in their 2019 economic plan amid official efforts to ...
- TVA rebuffs Trump, votes to close coal plants POLITICO
A federally owned utility dealt another blow to President Donald Trump's effort to revive the coal industry, voting on Thursday to close two coal-fired power plants ...
- NSW man sentenced over $429K fraud St George and Sutherland Shire Leader
A NSW tour company worker who defrauded more than $429000 from his employer has been spared jail and place on a community intensive corrections order.
- Biz groups will push lawmakers to honor their promise to end health care assessments The Boston Globe
Can the state's business groups persuade the Legislature to shut off its shiny $300 million spigot, now that the money flows like water?
- Seven Businesses That Promise Digital Can Be Ethical Forbes
Meet seven digital companies that hope a commitment to ethical business will prove to be a crucial differentiator.
- STEM toys promise to turn kids into tech geniuses. Grown-up coders are skeptical The Boston Globe
There's a growing market for so-called STEM toys, which promise to teach science, technology, engineering, and math skills. Do they work?
- The One Promise Entrepreneurs Should Make to Themselves Before They Start a Business Entrepreneur
In this latest video from Business Rockstars, the Entrepreneur Network partner sits down with Lewis Howes, the creator and host of The School of Greatness ...
- Reverse IPOs Slowly Growing as Cryptos Look to Go Public in the Long Bear Market Cointelegraph
Analysis. In a transaction that has all the hallmarks of a reverse initial public offering (IPO) — also called a reverse merger — OKC Holdings Corp., which is the ...
- UK Firm Gets Regulatory Green Light to Offer Crypto Derivatives CoinDesk
B2C2, an electronic OTC trading firm and crypto liquidity provider, has just got the green light to offer crypto derivatives in the U.K.. The London-based firm ...
- Owners of Brandsmart Nunawading promise revamp, despite empty shops Herald Sun
A factory outlet centre in a prized location in Melbournes east is riddled with empty shops, but managers have knocked back speculation the shopping centre ...
- The shutdown threatens the promise of government jobs — and a way of life The Washington Post
For many, the careful career calculation has been undercut by a partial government closure that is now the longest in history, with 800000 employees not getting ...
- Why Dallas' 66-bed Promise Hospital is staying open after parent company's bankruptcy Dallas News
The owner of the 66-bed Promise Hospital of Dallas filed for bankruptcy this week in Delaware federal court and is seeking to reorganize after...
- Amazon HQ2 in 2 cities breaks major promise INSIDER
The most important part of Amazon's HQ2 was that it would be equal to its HQ in Seattle. By splitting it in two, Amazon is breaking that promise.
- Wyoming Passes New Friendly Regulations for Crypto Assets Bitcoin Magazine
The Wyoming state government has been expanding its status as a hub for crypto and blockchain technology by passing several new bills this February.
- Investors Said My Business Was Insane. I Raised $3 Million Anyway Inc.
Many of the two million prisoners in the U.S. are nonviolent offenders awaiting trial. Oakland, California-based Promise has an audacious solution: Work with ...
- University of Evansville partnering with Promise Zone to support small businesses 14 News WFIE Evansville
EVANSVILLE, IN (WFIE) - A new partnership between the University of Evansville's Business School and the Promise Zone is supporting small business owners.
- Age of Scale: How Can Blockchain Systems Become Powerful Enough for a Global Audience? Cointelegraph
Opinion. In the history of blockchain to be written in textbooks, 2018 will probably be known as the year of failing at scaling. An outcry for scalable blockchain ...
- Blockchain-Based Digital ID Systems Are Increasingly Finding Real-World Use Cointelegraph
Analysis. According to the latest estimates, we generate around 2.5 quintillion bytes of data every day. That's 2.5 followed by 17 zeros — or rather 2.5 trillion ...
- Fall brings promise of new business in Sedalia Sedalia Democrat
Editor's note: This article has been updated to correct the number of Dollar General locations in Sedalia.
- Business, industry, education leaders make a 'Promise' in Cherokee Sioux City Journal
CHEROKEE, Iowa -- Dr. Matt Johnson had the floor, as they say, during a meeting to discuss what would become "The Cherokee County Promise," an incentive ...
- AMD Cites ‘Absence’ of GPU Sales to Crypto Miners in Q1 Estimate CoinDesk
Graphics card maker AMD announced its “highest profitability in [seven] years” Tuesday, but expects its revenue to drop next quarter due at least in part to falling ...
- Blockchain, DLTs, and a Lot of Crypto-Bashing: Main Takeaways From Davos WEF Cointelegraph
Follow up. This year's World Economic Forum (WEF) Annual Meeting has finished, and it's time to recap the highlights. The forum — held in Davos, Switzerland, ...
- We Asked 66 Startups Just How Bad This Crypto Winter Has Been CoinDesk
“Crypto winter” has come and taken its toll on a number of prominent payrolls. However, a survey by CoinDesk of 66 startups has found that the majority say ...
- Wall Street Crypto Products May Have to Wait as US Regulators Confront Backlog CoinDesk
The U.S. government may be open again, but don't hold your breath for regulatory approvals of crypto investment products. The shutdown, which began on Dec.
- How To Solidify Your Brand Promise When Your Company Is Evolving Forbes
To deliver the promise of your brand and realize the return on the creative capital you put into it while your company pursues new opportunities, you need to ...