Promise provides a cost-effective, more humane alternative to incarceration by extending the capabilities of community supervision, improving long-term outcomes for individuals and communities. Promise is working on a solution to reduce the jail population. County governments pay Promise to work with arrestees who would otherwise be incarcerated because they couldn’t afford bail. Promise provides arrestees with tailored plans that include court-mandated conditions and connection to services such as drug treatment, housing, mental health treatment, job training, and others. The connections and support provided by Promise help participants achieve goals and reduce recidivism
- Wine executives debate the promise and peril of millennial wine consumers Sonoma Index-Tribune
Top wine executives on Thursday offered differing views on the promise and peril of marketing wine to millennials, who are poised to overtake baby boomers ...
- In Fresno's Chinatown, Business Owners Conflicted About Promise Of High Speed Rail Valley Public Radio
Ofelia Hemme used to run Ofelia's Cocina, a Mexican restaurant on Kern Street with red and yellow tablecloths and sunny wall murals of beaches and palm.
- Tax Day 2019: Did the GOP tax bill live up to its promises? The Washington Post
Today is Tax Day, the due date for Americans to file their 2018 taxes. It also marks a milestone: The country has made it through a full year of President Trump's ...
- New Fort Lauderdale Apartments in Opportunity Zone Promise Attainable Rents | Daily Business Review Law.com
Construction started on The Six13 apartment building in Fort Lauderdale after the developer secured $19.3 million in project financing. Affiliated Development ...
- Foxconn 'Remains Committed' to Wisconsin Plant and Promise of Eventually Employing 13,000 Workers Mac Rumors
Apple supplier Foxconn today said that it remains committed to its contract to build a display plant and research facility in Wisconsin (via...
- Building Your Company's Brand Promise Contractor Mag
In this brief article we will focus on one key aspect of contractor marketing that is often difficult or confusing to many, the brand promise.
- Congress Weights New Banking Laws That Could Light Up the Pot Business Fortune
These are high times for the American cannabis industry. Recreational marijuana is now legalized in 10 states and the District of Columbia, and myriad products ...
- 5G: World's first commercial services promise 'great leap' BBC News
South Korea and the US have this week launched the world's first commercial 5G services, promising a new wave of capabilities for smartphone users. Samsung ...
- UI reverses promise to pay contractor in Children's Hospital dispute Business Record
Cedar Rapids Gazette: Backed up by the Board of Regents, the University of Iowa is continuing to refuse making court-ordered payment to one of its contract.
- Water companies promise local ownership in renewed merger bid Hartford Courant
Connecticut Water *Service* Inc. and a California water company buying the Clinton-based company have filed a new application with state regulators addressing ...
- The unfulfilled infill promise of The River District Greater Baton Rouge Business Report
The failed River District, in the heart of the Nicholson Corrridor, is a cautionary tale of what can happen with renaissance developments.
- Once upon a time in Silicon Valley: How Facebook's open-data nirvana fell apart NBC News
About 4000 leaked Facebook documents analyzed by NBC News provide insight into just how much perceptions of Facebook, technology and privacy have ...
- Snake oil salespeople: Be sceptical of business coaches who promise you the world SmartCompany.com.au
Entrepreneurialism has given us many things of value: lightbulbs, cars and space travel, to name just a few. However, there is a dark side to entrepreneurialism, ...
- Cape d'Or showcasing promise of RAS salmon SeafoodSource
Cape d'Or salmon in Advocate Harbour, Nova Scotia, has shown that even small-scale recirculating aquaculture system salmon farms can be succesful.
- Save Our Winters Utah Business
How climate change is affecting the greatest snow on earth.
- MGM Resort's Lilian Tomovich goes Vegas-style big on experience The Drum
Whether you love it or hate it, the one thing you have to admit about Vegas is that it's exactly as over-the-top as it promises to be. So, if you have a presence in ...
- Shark Tank Recap: Water Filter Company Hydroviv Gets $400,000 from Mark Cuban Inc.
Hydroviv founder Eric Roy designed a simple water filter product, with one important difference. Here's how he got a deal from Mark Cuban on 'Shark Tank.'
- For Some Legal Weed Businesses, Cryptocurrency Actually Makes Sense Motherboard
Despite being recreationally legal in 10 states, cannabis businesses have to come up with creative ways to accept payment other than cash.
- Despite Trump’s $4 trillion promise, corporate profits are mostly staying abroad ThinkProgress
President Donald Trump once promised that, following the passage of the GOP tax bill in late 2017, the United States would be awash in repatriated corporate ...
- European Commission - PRESS RELEASES - Press release - From promise to delivery: Commission welcomes final European Parliament votes under 2014-2019 mandate EU News
EU Budget 2021-2027: Commission welcomes Parliament's green light on InvestEU. The European Commission welcomes today's vote in the European ...
- Low-Cost Airline Startup Sees Promise in Smaller Airports Skift
Last week brought news of another new U.S. airline startup, the brainchild of Andrew Levy, United's former chief financial officer who before that.
- Here is how the new owner should fix Jet Airways Business Today
Commoners, actors, politicians, sports people and corporate heads have expressed concerns over the fall of India's most admired private airline.
- Gadkari says Rahul Gandhis minimum income promise is a lie Business Standard
Union minister Nitin Gadkari Friday accused Congress chief Rahul Gandhi of misleading people with a false promise of providing a minimum income of Rs ...
- Here's What Analysts Are Saying About Pinterest Following IPO Fortune
Pinterest stock price jumped following its initial public offering. Analysts are mixed about the company's financial prospects.
- 4 Questions Retailers Need to Ask About Augmented Reality HBR.org Daily
Whether they are shopping for spectacles or a sofa, consumers have no shortage of augmented reality apps to assist them these days. Following the viral ...
- DC Restaurateur Robert Wiedmaier Sues OpenTable for $4.12 Million Washington City Paper
The case hinges on an alleged promise and two pieces of paper Wiedmaier can't find.
- People to know economic development: Lindsey Ransdell Louisville Business First
Lindsey Ransdell is senior project manager, Kentucky Cabinet for Economic Development.
- Gateway surpasses $3 million Promise goal | Local News Kenosha News
Gateway Technical College Foundation has surpassed its Gateway Promise program goal of $3 million, providing a way for students to reach their educational ...
- Here’s what we can learn from Boeing’s unhealthy corporate culture MarketWatch
The crash of a second Boeing Max 737 jet within several months has moved the airline industry to deploy its regular post-mortem approach following such ...
- After serious HIV data breach, businesses promise to end HIV discrimination Gay Star News
Small and large businesses such as, Google and Barclays, have promised to protect their workers living with HIV from discrimination.
- Gene Editing Promise Stalled at FDA Pork Magazine
For the sake of our animals, the environment, consumers and farmer livelihoods, NPPC's Dan Kovich says we need to put regulatory authority over gene-edited ...
- A Madison company has raised $33 million to integrate data between health care providers and apps Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
The company says its platform helps ease one of the biggest challenges in healthcare — exchange of data among organizations and software.
- Marshall launches city branding initiative | News, Sports, Jobs Marshall Independent
MARSHALL — The city of Marshall is going to be taking a closer look at how it presents itself — and the process is going to involve getting feedback from co.
- Theranos Empty Promise to Cure a Fake Problem Crain's Chicago Business
Once called the world's youngest female self-made billionaire, Elizabeth Holmes propagated a medical myth about the powers of testing and prevention.
- Companies offering 359 new jobs ask for development money Dayton Daily News
Cities apply to ED/GE seeking nearly 360 new jobs.
- Carlos Ghosn, Ousted Nissan Chief, Joins Twitter With Promise to ‘Tell the Truth’ The New York Times
The auto executive, who faces criminal charges in Japan, said he would hold a news conference next week “to tell the truth about what's happening.”
- Public company closes purchase of Miami hospital out of bankruptcy South Florida Business Journal
Filled with “must read” stories, industry news and reporter insights, exclusive interviews with local business leaders, and expanded Top 25 Lists.
- Glavkosmos absorbs ILS, promises lower Proton prices SpaceNews
WASHINGTON — International Launch Services, the commercial sales division of Russia's Proton rocket manufacturer Khrunichev, is now part of Glavkosmos, ...
- "Will Be Back Working For You After May 23": PM Modi Promise To Traders NDTV News
Prime Minister Narendra Modi today promised to establish a traders welfare board upon "coming back to power on May 23", the date when votes for the Lok ...
- Brockton mayor, restaurateur promise first-class gastropub with rooftop terrace Enterprise News
BROCKTON – About four years ago, when restaurant developers came to downtown Brockton, Mayor Bill Carpenter said a tough question would inevitably ...
- Elizabeth Warren’s Corporate Tax Plan Sounds Reasonable. It Isn’t. Bloomberg
Yes, some profitable companies don't owe much to the government. But there are good reasons to keep it that way.
- 'We'll be taken care of': Manafort's promise and other things you may have missed in the Mueller report Chicago Tribune
Special counsel Robert Mueller's report focuses on the seminal questions of whether President Donald Trump's campaign colluded with the Russians and ...
- In Letters To Senate, Wireless Carriers Downplay Their Latest Location Data Scandal Motherboard
Carriers insist location data scams are rare and they do their best to police them. Government investigators may want to confirm that claim.
- Amify raises its first venture round on a promise: to boost revenue for third-party sellers on Amazon TechCrunch
Small businesses have a complicated relationship with Amazon . While they fear the company because they have no control over it, Amazon's platform is also a ...
- UNC president: NC Promise working as intended The Daily Advance
Wednesday, April 17, 2019. The president of the University of North Carolina System said Tuesday the tuition-lowering NC Promise program is working as ...
- Doug Ford's beer promise could create hundreds of millions of dollars in penalties CBC News
Ontario taxpayers face footing the bill for hundred of millions of dollars in penalties if Premier Doug Ford forges ahead with his plan to allow convenience stores ...
- Is your data promise an empty promise? The Drum
Marketers spend a lot of time thinking about the core promise they're making to their customers, and rightly so. But with such focus on the big, broad promises ...
- Facebook scam: Fraudsters promise fake tax breaks using Trump's photo CBS News
The ads promise huge state tax breaks through solar-energy panels, but it's really a ploy to get users' data.
- Analysis | The Terry Gou I Know Won't Be China's Man Washington Post
After almost two decades covering Foxconn Technology Group, the Taiwanese maker of iPhones, one thing I've noticed about its founder and chairman Terry ...
- Medical Device Companies Ignite A Revolution In Diabetes Treatment Investor's Business Daily
Innovative new products from medical device companies like Abbott, Medtronic and Tandem Diabetes offer improved diabetes treatment for millions of patients.
- Breaking the promise of marriage after having sex is now considered rape in India Business Insider India
The Supreme Court has ruled that sex on the pretext of marriage is rape and a blow to the honour of a woman. A bench of Justices L. Nageshwara Rao and ...
- Tax reform is working now, and the best is yet to come, says the global chairman and CEO of EY Business Insider
Mark Weinberger of EY writes in this opinion piece in just a year, the expected benefits of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act are already being realized.
- One year in, NBCUniversal’s cross-platform measurement framework CFlight shows promise Digiday
The TV advertising industry has rallied around CFlight in a sign of cross-platform measurement's importance to bridging the linear-digital divide.
- Farmers’ group pushing for transparency in land acquisitions San Antonio Express-News
With the state's ever-increasing infrastructure needs, Texas farmers and ranchers are bracing for the likelihood of pipelines, transmission lines and railways ...
- Credit Repair Companies Offer To Fix Your Credit For A Fee. Are They A Scam? HuffPost
Plus, should you ever pay to have your poor credit fixed?
- 'Unfinished business': what the parties offer Indigenous voters in the 2019 election The Guardian
How do election promises stack up against what Aboriginal communities want to see on the policy agenda?
- End of Victoria record shop marks beginning for ailing father, expecting daughter Victoria Advocate
Sealed in their cellophane and flashy paper sleeves, Ramona Flores' inheritance lay all around her in the dim, dusty shop.
- Pizza Hut co-founder’s compassionate-care Alzheimer’s trial leads to hope for others Wichita Eagle
Pizza Hut co-founder Frank Carney was part of an Alzheimer's disease clinical trial that researchers say shows real hope of helping patients, perhaps one day ...
- Nigel Farage launches the Brexit party with promise to fight back against 'betrayal' of referendum result Business Insider
The former UKIP leader launched his new party in Coventry on Friday morning.
- How these entrepreneurs transformed their passion for sustainability into a growing business YourStory
For some, their commitment to sustainability is so strong that they've have literally made it their business.
- Walgreens Drops as U.S. Drugstores Feel Health-Care Pressure Bloomberg
Walgreens Boots Alliance Inc. closed at its lowest price since 2013 after the company, the U.S.'s biggest standalone drugstore chain, fell victim to many of the ...
- Apple wants to be the only tech company you trust The Verge
With Apple Card and its News, Games, and TV products, Apple is positioning itself as a privacy-focused alternative to competitors like Google and Facebook.
- Kenney’s threat to ‘turn off the taps’ to B.C. ‘doesn’t make any business sense:’ experts Global News
At a campaign rally in Edmonton Friday night, Kenney renewed his promise to “turn off the taps” of gasoline “within an hour” of being sworn in as premier.
- How Amazon Can Deliver On Its Promise To Reduce Emissions International Business Times
To reduce its carbon footprint, Amazon will need to do more than leverage its influence with suppliers and carriers, address operational issues and push for ...
- Apple's new credit card holds a lot of promise, but read the fine print before signing up CNBC
The new Apple Card will have a variable interest rate, and will probably be available to people with only fair credit scores. While it has no fees attached, there ...
- In our quest to become more well-rounded, we're all missing an important skill that translates to better success, experts agree Business Insider
Marcus Buckingham and Ashley Goodall argue in a new book, "Nine Lies About Work," that being well-rounded does not equal success.
- CIBC accelerates push into startup financing, spurring competitors to follow The Globe and Mail
CIBC's acquisition of Wellington Financial makes it a serious contender in technology banking. Competitors have noticed and are making inroads. Can CIBC ...
- As IPO soars, can Uber and Lyft survive long enough to replace their drivers with computers? The Washington Post
SAN FRANCISCO — Millions of drivers are betting their livelihoods on Uber and Lyft. On Friday, Wall Street bet billions of dollars that the companies won't need ...
- John Lewis spokesperson says the brand will stick with price-matching even if it costs employees Daily Mail
Peter Cross, director of customer experience at John Lewis & Partners in London, revealed the company are committed to its price-match promise - even if it ...
- Op-ed | Ensuring peaceful use of space an important goal for US and allies SpaceNews
On April 11, for the first time ever, I met with 11 air chiefs from around the world to begin mapping out our future as space allies. Fifty years ago this summer, ...
- Rahul Gandhi's promise to scrap angel tax a little too late, says startup sector Moneycontrol.com
Only last month, the current government widened the definition of a startup, making it smoother for investors to put in their money in these companies.
- DIARY-Top Economic Events to May 29 Reuters Africa
April 20 (Reuters) -. For other diaries, please see: Top Economic Events. Emerging Markets Economic Events. Government Debt Auctions. Political and General ...
- March saw income tax department go on an overdrive Livemint
Mumbai: Every year in March, the income tax department chases tax collections in order to fulfil targets for the financial year. But this year the department had ...
- 10 promises Rahul Gandhi has made to uproot Modi's BJP Business Today
Heres a look at Rahul Gandhi's promises that could attract voters' attention in the run up to the 2019 Lok Sabha elections.
- Civica Rx Opens New Headquarters Associated Press
Press release *content* from Business Wire. The AP news staff was not involved in its creation.
- Brewers promise lower prices for fan gear at Miller Park Team Stores Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
Until now, a visit to a Brewers Team Store or kiosk at Miller Park typically meant a fan would be paying a premium to buy a cap, T-shirt or other merchandise at ...
- Microsoft’s Surface Hub 2 hands-on: a collaborative PC for the future The Verge
Microsoft is launching its Surface Hub 2 device for $8999. It's a PC that's designed for the future of meeting rooms and for workers to collaborate.
- How a crafty potter's petition got a promise from Australia Post CEO The Age
Designer Sally Flannery was paying a fortune for posting her ceramic pots to customers so she went right to the top of the post office.
- Sports Business Organization's First Semester Shows Promise PC The Cowl
At the start of this semester, the Sports Business Organization Club was formed for students interested in entering the sports industry. The club has already ...
- Northern internet providers support the Liberal budget's broadband promise—with conditions Nunatsiaq News
The Liberal government's March 19, 2019 budget promises that all Canadians, including people who live in remote regions of Nunavut, will gain access to ...
- Trump Urged Homeland Security Official to Close Border Despite an Earlier Promise of a Delay The Indian Express
President Trump last week privately urged Kevin McAleenan, the border enforcement official he was about to name as acting secretary of homeland security, ...
- The potentially perilous promise of food allergen sensors The Verge
Nima, the parent company for a line of portable food sensors intended for people with allergies and sensitivities, says its culture is based on five core values, the ...
- Study shows promise in repairing damaged myelin EurekAlert
A new study shows that a synthetic molecule developed by Oregon Health & Science University scientists stimulates repair of the protective sheath that covers ...
- ‘What’s under the hood is driving evolution of the travel industry’ Livemint
In an interview, founder Deep Kalra talks about how technology is disrupting the travel space.Blockchain is considered an emerging technological force that ...
- Labor shortages, regulation and the promise of new technology: A discussion with farmers and food distributors Sacramento Business Journal
The Business Journal assembled a panel of leaders from the agricultural industry to discuss challenges and changes, including trying to find skilled labor, ...
- Erdogan’s Opponents Promise Scrutiny of Istanbul’s Books After Turkey Elections The New York Times
ISTANBUL — Even before the important election of Istanbul's mayor has been settled, the opposition candidate, who claims to have won, is challenging ...
- Google Stadia has promise — if it can resolve these 3 questions VentureBeat
At the Game Developers Conference 2019 this week, Google stole the show by announcing Stadia, its on-demand streaming *service* for video games. Set to ...
- Company at centre of door-to-door sales complaint in Winnipeg faces class action lawsuit in Calgary CBC.ca
The company at the centre of a complaint about misleading door-to-door sales in Winnipeg is facing a proposed class action lawsuit over new allegations in ...
- Next Generation SD-WANs Deliver on the Promise of Resilient, Flexible, and Inexpensive Enterprise WANs TechBullion
SD-WAN has been surging in popularity the last few years. As an ever increasing amount of traffic is traversing the public Internet and more and more workloads ...
- Midnight's Promise: Old shoes help rescue horses - Salisbury Post Salisbury Post
Old Shoes Help Rescue Horses. Submitted. Your old shoes help a nonprofit animal rescue and pull families out of poverty. Midnight's Promise, a local horse ...
- An Empty Lot in the District Shows Promise Columbia Business Times
After a lengthy cleanup process and years of vacancy, will the City of Columbia and Ameren reach an agreement on a North Village Arts property? The North ...
- JUDITH FEBRUARY: Implementing anti-corruption plans is better than promises EWN
While all our political parties have intentions to end corruption, it's the implementation that's lacking, writes Judith February.
- #Elections2019: Research reveals how parties buy votes IOL
T-shirts, a meal or even the promise of a post-election job - all are the currency of the corrupt and are used to buy votes.
- Do you earn enough to sustain your lifestyle? - Business News The Star Online
DO you know how much you need to sustain your lifestyle every month? Are you living within your budget or stretching to make ends meet?
- Province's anti-carbon tax ad promises to hold polluters accountable CTV News
Ontario has released a new ad against the federal carbon tax that the opposition decried as publicly funded partisan advertising, which the Tories railed against ...
- Blockchain Smartphone Startup Sirin Labs Lays Off a Quarter of Its Workforce Cointelegraph
News. Blockchain smartphone startup Sirin Labs laid off a quarter of its workforce, Israeli business media Globes reported on April 15. Per the report, the startup ...
- Coinbase Makes LinkedIn’s ‘Top Companies 2019’ List as Lone Crypto Firm Cointelegraph
The crypto exchange also placed higher than Twitter and Intel in the listings, which refer to the U.S. market.
- Mexico’s Proposed Crypto Laws Create New Barriers For Exchanges, Adoption Bitcoin Magazine
The Bank of Mexico (Banxico) has published a circular, wherein it laid out a plan to issue permits to bitcoin exchange platforms and other crypto-related ...
- Rome, Paris, promise 'initatives' on Libya crisis Business Recorder
France and Italy will work on "initiatives" for Libya as there is no military solution to the crisis, the countries' foreign ministers said on Friday. The.
- Top US Energy Provider Ameren Eyes Blockchain Promise in Clean Energy Boost Cointelegraph
News. Major United States energy firm Ameren and Canadian software engineering and solutions company Opus One Solutions will explore the potential use of ...