We are people, people & we know that even in a digital world face-to-face connections drive the most electricity. Our mission is to create valuable community where 50 or more are gathered.
Mixtroz (which stands for “mixer” + “intro”) was created by mother-daughter duo Kerry Schrader and Ashlee Ammons when they recognized that people have a hard time making meaningful connections at events. And, this problem isn’t new, it was coined in the 1950’s as “homophily” basically “birds of a feather flock together” OR as we’ve seen event-goers in the digital age engage with profiles over people!!! Today, Mixtroz services events, meetings, trainings, orientations, weddings, you name it where 25 or more are gathered. We use technology to make human connection simpler, better and more satisfying increasing engagement and collecting data for you.
- Local tech: I tried Mixtroz at a major Birmingham networking event. Here’s what happened. Bham Now
Locally founded and minority owned, Mixtroz has sent waves rippling far beyond Birmingham. So naturally I've been eager to try the networking app in the wild.
- Mixtroz - MogulWatch Moguldom
The only way to increase engagement & collect data in real-time. While they mix – you learn. We are people, people & we know that even in a digital world ...
- Where are they now? A look at Nashville startups founded 2010-2015 The Tennessean
Some Nashville startups launched from 2010 through 2015 are booking massive returns while others are no longer operating.
- Mixtroz founders to keynote Google event - Bizwomen The Business Journals
The founders of Mixtroz will give the keynote at a Google event in Atlanta.
- This mother and daughter team with no computer-science background left $350,000-a-year-combined jobs to launch a startup and couldn't be happier INSIDER
They learned to turn their differences into their strengths and capture a $1 million seed round from Steve Case.
- Birmingham startup Mixtroz hits $1 million in funding AL.com
Birmingham tech startup Mixtroz has reached $1 million in funding, a heady milestone for the company that moved its headquarters to the Magic City.
- Techstars LegalTech Firm Is the Latest Startup Heading to Birmingham For New Opportunity hypepotamus.com
It's not often that you hear a founder describe the process of working with an investor as “really falling in love,” but that's what Lauren Sturdivant describes when ...
- Mixtroz is a shining example of the potential of Birmingham's tech economy Alabama NewsCenter
A Nashville-born startup led by an African-American mother-daughter duo is representative of Birmingham's innovation economy. That's a lot to unpack.
- Birmingham tech startup Mixtroz reaches historic fundraising goal of $1 million Bham Now
There's been another big win for mother-daughter duo, Kerry Schrader and Ashlee Ammons, co-founders of Birmingham tech startup Mixtroz. The company has ...
- Black Female Founders Face Constant Rejection. They're Thriving Anyway. Entrepreneur
Despite the lack of funding, black women are the fastest-growing group of entrepreneurs today. Here's why.
- Birmingham mother-daughter duo get Google's attention with Mixtroz App WVTM13
A Birmingham mother and daughter have captured Google's attention with their Mixtroz App.
- Networking Startup Mixtroz Raises $1 Million Seed Round Following Rise of the Rest Win hypepotamus.com
Mixtroz, a platform that facilitates better networking at events, has raised a $1 million seed round. This follows the mother-daughter founder duo's win of a $100K ...
- Birmingham-based Mixtroz to keynote at Google Atlanta’s International Women’s Day event March 14 Bham Now
Birmingham-based Mixtroz will keynote at a fireside chat at Google Atlanta as one of 22 global events for International Women's Day.
- Mother and Daughter Tech Founders Raised $1 Million for their Networking App East Texas Review
Posted by East Texas Review | Feb 5, 2019 | Breaking News, Business, Featured | 0 |. Mother and Daughter Tech Founders Raised $1 Million for their ...
- Mother-Daughter Tech Founders Share Keys To Balancing Family and Business Essence
Ashlee Ammons and Kerry Schrader face the struggles of balancing their relationship as business partners and as mother and daughter.
- Meet the mother-daughter startup that won the Birmingham Rise of the Rest pitch competition Birmingham Business Journal
Mixtroz, the mother-daughter startup that came to Birmingham for the Velocity Accelerator at Innovation Depot, took home the top prize at the Rise of the Rest ...
- Meet the Birmingham Rise of the Rest Finalists: Mixtroz Birmingham Business Journal
Get to know the finalists that will be competing in the Rise of the Rest pitch competition during its stop in Birmingham.
- Past 'Rise of the Rest' winners say Steve Case investment boosted fortunes Orlando Sentinel
A business tour led by former America Online CEO and Chairman Steve Case could provide a much-needed boost to an Orlando startup next month if results ...
- Mixtroz Hopes To Make Networking Events Valuable Again With 'LinkedIn, But Live' Mobile App Forbes Now
The Mixtroz mobile app uses short questionnaires to match attendees in small groups at events, acting as a social lubricant to get conversations started as well ...
- Woodfin talks priorities with Birmingham business community AL.com
Birmingham's mayor said much work still remains in lifting all aspects of the city.
- Mixtroz: This Alabama-Based Startup Launched By A Mother-Daughter Team Raises Over $1 Million Pulse 2.0
Mixtroz is a Birmingham, Alabama-based minority owned startup founded by a mother-daughter team that has raised $1 million. Here are the details.
- Local startup, Mixtroz, awarded $100K in Rise of the Rest pitch competition Birmingham Times
Birmingham's startup scene got a major boost on Wednesday, as a traveling caravan of national tech and innovation leaders met some of the city's most dynamic ...
- AOL founder Steve Case is traveling the US investing in local businesses through his $150 million seed fund — here are the 5 most recent entrepreneurs to get $100,000 each Business Insider
Steve Case and JD Vance brought their Rise of the Rest Seed fund to the southeastern United States in May, with the goal of empowering entrepreneurial ...
- The Rising Black Founders Building In the South hypepotamus.com
In honor of Black History Month, Hype has put together a list of the South's next top black founders. Meet these inspiring entrepreneurs.
- Nashville’s leaders didn't dream big enough with Amazon | Opinion The Tennessean
Nashville should have asked Amazon to help build a robust, diverse and inclusive tech ecosystem right here in their new home.
- 5 Birmingham business leaders get real about inclusivity ROI on March 21 Bham Now
Clara Green, Dawn Bulgarella and Lee S. Price (top row); J.W. Carpenter and Kris Dunn (bottom row). Photos submitted It's one of Birmingham's premiere.
- Texan investors sound off on Bham tech startup, success in businesses Birmingham Business Journal
What is the most important part of the success of any business? 'Rooster & Butch' have a clear answer.
- Inside Birmingham's Bid To Become The Southern Silicon Valley Forbes Now
Yoga balls rolled gently in the corner of the wide back office I'm in. Here, staff in hoodies clacked away on Macbooks covered in slogan decals. Mini fridges filled ...
- Meet the mother-daughter duo whose local tech startup earned $100K investment Birmingham Times
Different networking experiences led to the same result for Ashlee Ammons and Kelly Schrader, the mother-and-daughter duo who founded local tech startup ...
- Scenes from the BBJ's 2018 Women's Summit Birmingham Business Journal
The BBJ's 2018 Women's Summit was a day of inspiring speakers, networking and connections. Here's a look at scenes from the event.
- Alabama ranks second to last in the country for startup activity WBRC FOX6 News - WBRC.com
Alabama ranks second to last in the country for startup activity, according to The Kauffman Foundation, a group that studies entrepreneurial success. Now a ...
- Steve Case: 'Great things happening in Birmingham' Made In Alabama
During the Rise of the Rest bus tour, entrepreneurial champion Steve Case said Birmingham is a city on the rise.
- Nashville tech startup to be featured on A&E business show Nashville Business Journal
A Birmingham tech startup will be featured on a show hosted by Texan millionaires.
- Innovation Depot reveals 2019 Velocity Accelerator companies Birmingham Business Journal
Eight companies – including five Birmingham-based firms – have been selected for the 2019 cohort of the Velocity Accelerator program at Innovation Depot.
- Speaking for first time about pedophilia scandal, YouTube CEO promises to keep comments off of kids videos Business Insider India
Stephen Lam/ReutersSusan Wojcicki is CEO of YouTube.YouTube's CEO is trying to tell parents and advertisers that the company will do more to keep its ...
- Birmingham's first Small Business Council selected AL.com
The council will act as an advisory group to Mayor Randall Woodfin and the city's Department of Innovation and Economic Opportunity,
- Scenes of Birmingham featured in 60 Minutes profile about Steve Case and Rise of the Rest Bham Now
Steve Case and his initiative 'Rise of the Rest' were featured on 60 Minutes this Sunday night, March 17th.
- Finalists named for Birmingham's Rise of the Rest tour stop Birmingham Business Journal
Eight startups will vie for $100,000 in funding on May 9 during the Rise of the Rest bus tour in Birmingham. The finalists companies include: • O3 Solution, an ...
- Nashville Black Chamber Celebrates 20 Years tntribune.com
NASHVILLE, TN — October 25th was an exciting day of celebration honoring Mrs. Rosetta Miller Perry visionary and founder of the Nashville Black Chamber of ...
- Retha Nichole helps small businesses succeed | Bham Now Bham Now
Have you ever thought about starting your own business, but realized maybe the million reasons why it would be extremely difficult, and then just given up?
- High time to move the needle Nashville Post
Meet some of the problem-solvers targeting the complex — and not-unique-to-Nashville — issues of diversity and inclusion in tech.
- Rise of the Rest bus tour to showcase Birmingham innovation ecosystem Alabama NewsCenter
Birmingham's entrepreneurial and innovation landscape is in the spotlight today as the city hosts a national tour of supporters of early-stage startups. The Rise of ...
- DIG SOUTH gathers South's tech industry in Charleston for 3-day summit WRAL Tech Wire
CHARLESTON, SC — Next month, more than 2000 entrepreneurs, investors and executives in the South's tech industry will assemble for the DIG SOUTH Tech ...
- For Roy Wood Jr., Alabama Is Painful History, New Hope and Home The New York Times
The “Daily Show” correspondent is moved by the memorial to lynching victims in Montgomery and inspired by Birmingham's mayor, business startups and ...
- How These Black Women With A Startup Became 'Unhidden Figures' Forbes
Within moments of arriving at the Collision tech conference, I met two women with t-shirts that read,. Black. Female. Founder. Fund Me. The duo in question is a ...
- Meet the Nashville startup that wants to help you meet more people Nashville Business Journal
Look around at a networking event, and you'll spot them: the uncomfortable folks skulking to the side, scrolling on their phones to look busy. With her new ...
- Birmingham Velocity Accelerator elevator speech: S(w)ervice Alabama NewsCenter
The third group of cohort companies are two weeks into the intense boot camp that is the Velocity Accelerator at Birmingham's Innovation Depot. Alabama ...
- How Birmingham’s Innovation Depot secured more public and private support for Alabama’s startups VentureBeat
Guest Alabama is not exactly startup central. But the Innovation Depot, a collaboration between the public and private sector, has generated unique programs ...
- Chinese team triumph in Creative Business Cup The Copenhagen Post - Danish news in english
Winning entry 'Cell Robot' see off fierce competition from Iceland and Lebanon. Chinese team triumph in Creative Business Cup.
- BLUEPRINT York 2019 VentureBeat
A plan to spread tech prosperity across America with a focus on how to prepare the workforce for AI and robotics.
- Innovation Depot Velocity Accelerator program chooses 8 teams AL.com
Four teams were picked from the Birmingham area, along with San Jose, Chicago, Atlanta and Nashville, from about 100 applicants.
- Success Plus initiative aims to add 500,000 high-skill workers Made In Alabama
Success Plus aims to prepare a pipeline of Alabama workers with industry-recognized skills obtained through earning certificates, credentials or degrees.
- Birmingham home sales in January up 6 percent from a year ago Alabama NewsCenter
Sales: According to the Greater Alabama Multiple Listing *Service*, Birmingham-area residential sales totaled 833 units during January, up 6.1 percent from 785 ...
- Innovation Depot-based company Clutch! LLC makes parking on game days simple with new app Bham Now
The days of driving around in circles in search of a parking spot on game day is soon to be a thing of the past. Get ready to download the app, Clutch!
- Alabama apps: Planet Fundraiser brings customers, good causes together Alabama NewsCenter
Alabama NewsCenter is highlighting apps developed in the state. This is the third story in a series. You can also read the first and second stories. Like many ...
- KonMari dropouts, rejoice! Birmingham organizers are here to help Bham Now
Mari Kondo's recent breakout Netflix series Tidying up with Mari Kondo is inspiring to watch - it's a little harder to implement IRL.
- Tech investor, Hollywood studio execs and more will convene in Atlanta Rolling Out
The Rainbow PUSH Coalition will host its 18th Annual Creating Opportunity Conference, October 12 – 13, 2017. This conference is a continuation of Reverend ...
- GE Aviation opens Alabama factory complex to produce unique materials Made In Alabama
HUNTSVILLE, Alabama – GE Aviation opened a factory complex in Alabama today that will be the only U.S. location to produce unique materials used to ...
- Key takeaways from a memorable Innovation Week Birmingham Business Journal
Events gave Birmingham – and Alabama – a chance to showcase innovations from a range of Birmingham industries.
- Emma, UAB's new 90-ton cancer-fighting cyclotron, is the coolest thing since sliced bread Bham Now
Talk about an entrance. On March 5, the roof was removed from the UAB Proton Therapy Center for the delivery of a new 90-ton cyclotron.
- 6 ways you can protect Alabama's public lands including becoming a Wilderness Ranger Bham Now
Whether its building trails, planting trees, picking up litter or re-building a greenhouse, Alabama's public lands need our help.
- Birmingham native, novelist Daniel Wallace named 2019 Harper Lee Award Winner Bham Now
Daniel Wallace. Photo by Iman Woods Author Daniel Wallace, born and raised in Birmingham, has reeled in a big fish—the 2019 Harper Lee Award for.
- Startups at Gigtank's Pitch Night aim to leverage Chattanooga's high-speed Internet Chattanooga Times Free Press
It's estimated that 70 percent of Americans will need end-of-life long-term care, and 50 percent of them will suffer depression — something that Reed Hayes ...
- Funding wave boosts Birmingham tech startup scene Alabama NewsCenter
Entrepreneurs and innovators are getting noticed for their work in Birmingham, attracting millions of dollars in new investment for their technology-based startups ...
- Birmingham's Velocity Accelerator program unveils its inaugural class Alabama NewsCenter
Homegrown startups and entrepreneurs from as far away as the Ukraine are part of the inaugural class of Birmingham's Velocity Accelerator program. The 10 ...
- The Future of Event Design and Diversity — Meetings Innovation Report Skift
The Future of Meetings & Events This week we have a collection of stories focusing on innovation in event design and the many ongoing challenges in.
- Birmingham's Velocity Accelerator holds its first Demo Day Alabama NewsCenter
The Velocity Accelerator program at Birmingham's Innovation Depot had promised its inaugural class it would make one year's worth of growth in three months ...
- Birmingham's Velocity Accelerator inaugural class member: Glow Alabama NewsCenter
As a mother of three and a former corporate employee, Yazmin Cavale knew how inconvenient it was to try to schedule an appointment at a beauty salon and ...
- Biotech firm Blondin to collaborate on breast cancer research project in Finland Alabama NewsCenter
A key executive for Blondin Bioscience LLC is a collaborator on a prestigious grant awarded by the Academy of Finland that will aid in the study of breast cancer ...
- Birmingham's Velocity Accelerator inaugural class member: Quantalytix Alabama NewsCenter
While working at a Birmingham bank, Will Bryant and Chris Aliotta felt there had to be a better way to manage balance sheets and risks when it came to ...
- Birmingham mayor emphasizes growth, development in 'State of the City' address Alabama NewsCenter
Birmingham Mayor William Bell said building permits throughout the city's neighborhoods are up 11.6 percent, and downtown is experiencing a building boom of ...
- Alabama Power names new Birmingham External Affairs manager Alabama NewsCenter
Terry Smiley has been named External Affairs manager for Alabama Power's Birmingham Division. Smiley comes to Alabama Power from Alagasco, where he ...
- Alabama Legacy Moment: Pizitz Alabama NewsCenter
Alabama Public Television is producing a series of videos titled “Alabama Legacy Moments” that offer a quick history of the people, places and stories that have ...
- Q&A: Brand Wise's Jamie Dunham Nashville Post
Jamie Dunham is president of the Nashville American Marketing Association (NAMA) and founder of Brand Wise and blog Lipstick Economy. Dunham is putting ...