We are people, people & we know that even in a digital world face-to-face connections drive the most electricity. Our mission is to create valuable community where 50 or more are gathered.
Mixtroz (which stands for “mixer” + “intro”) was created by mother-daughter duo Kerry Schrader and Ashlee Ammons when they recognized that people have a hard time making meaningful connections at events. And, this problem isn’t new, it was coined in the 1950’s as “homophily” basically “birds of a feather flock together” OR as we’ve seen event-goers in the digital age engage with profiles over people!!! Today, Mixtroz services events, meetings, trainings, orientations, weddings, you name it where 25 or more are gathered. We use technology to make human connection simpler, better and more satisfying increasing engagement and collecting data for you.
- PRESS ROOM: World of Opportunity Kickoff Set for June 19 at the CrossPlex Black Press USA
THE BIRMINGHAM TIMES — The World Games 2021 will kick off its World of Opportunity program on Wednesday, June 19 at the Birmingham Crossplex.
- This mother and daughter team with no computer-science background left $350,000-a-year-combined jobs to launch a startup and couldn't be happier Business Insider
They learned to turn their differences into their strengths and capture a $1 million seed round from Steve Case.
- Mixtroz Founders are a Mother-Daughter Entrepreneurial Team StyleBlueprint
With their tech startup Mixtroz, Kerry Schrader and Ashlee Ammons are changing the way people network for business — and breaking barriers along the way.
- Birmingham startup founders to keynote Google event Birmingham Business Journal
The founders of Mixtroz will give the keynote at a Google event in Atlanta.
- Mixtroz is a shining example of the potential of Birmingham's tech economy Alabama NewsCenter
A Nashville-born startup led by an African-American mother-daughter duo is representative of Birmingham's innovation economy. That's a lot to unpack.
- Birmingham startup Mixtroz hits $1 million in funding AL.com
Birmingham tech startup Mixtroz has reached $1 million in funding, a heady milestone for the company that moved its headquarters to the Magic City.
- Mixtroz Mother-Daughter Startup Team Shares Top 5 Things To Consider To Successfully Work With Family PRNewswire
BIRMINGHAM, Ala., May 9, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Mother's Day is a very special occasion for Mixtroz, a software company that created an app-based tool to ...
- Birmingham tech startup Mixtroz reaches historic fundraising goal of $1 million Bham Now
There's been another big win for mother-daughter duo, Kerry Schrader and Ashlee Ammons, co-founders of Birmingham tech startup Mixtroz. The company has ...
- Networking Startup Mixtroz Raises $1 Million Seed Round Following Rise of the Rest Win hypepotamus.com
Mixtroz, a platform that facilitates better networking at events, has raised a $1 million seed round. This follows the mother-daughter founder duo's win of a $100K ...
- Mother and Daughter Tech Founders Raised $1 Million for their Networking App East Texas Review
Posted by East Texas Review | Feb 5, 2019 | Breaking News, Business, Featured | 0 |. Mother and Daughter Tech Founders Raised $1 Million for their ...
- Local tech: I tried Mixtroz at a major Birmingham networking event. Here’s what happened. Bham Now
How do you master networking in a room this size? Bham Now put the Mixtroz app to the test. Photo by Terri Robertson for Bham Now Locally founded and.
- Invest in Birmingham's small businesses Birmingham Times
This week, May 5–11, is National Small Business Week. All across the country, cities are celebrating the small businesses that provide the backbone of their ...
- Birmingham-based Mixtroz to keynote at Google Atlanta’s International Women’s Day event March 14 Bham Now
Birmingham-based Mixtroz will keynote at a fireside chat at Google Atlanta as one of 22 global events for International Women's Day.
- Meet the Birmingham Rise of the Rest Finalists: Mixtroz Birmingham Business Journal
Get to know the finalists that will be competing in the Rise of the Rest pitch competition during its stop in Birmingham.
- Mother-Daughter Tech Founders Share Keys To Balancing Family and Business Essence
Ashlee Ammons and Kerry Schrader face the struggles of balancing their relationship as business partners and as mother and daughter.
- Meet the mother-daughter startup that won the Birmingham Rise of the Rest pitch competition Birmingham Business Journal
Mixtroz, the mother-daughter startup that came to Birmingham for the Velocity Accelerator at Innovation Depot, took home the top prize at the Rise of the Rest ...
- Mixtroz Hopes To Make Networking Events Valuable Again With 'LinkedIn, But Live' Mobile App Forbes Now
The Mixtroz mobile app uses short questionnaires to match attendees in small groups at events, acting as a social lubricant to get conversations started as well ...
- 7 tech startups pitch for investment on April 30 at Innovation Depot’s Velocity Accelerator 2019 Demo Day. Join the audience Bham Now
Do you enjoy watching Shark Tank and hearing business owners pitch their ideas to investors? We have our own version right here in Birmingham.
- Woodfin talks priorities with Birmingham business community AL.com
Birmingham's mayor said much work still remains in lifting all aspects of the city.
- The Rising Black Founders Building In the South hypepotamus.com
In honor of Black History Month, Hype has put together a list of the South's next top black founders. Meet these inspiring entrepreneurs.
- Mixtroz: This Alabama-Based Startup Launched By A Mother-Daughter Team Raises Over $1 Million Pulse 2.0
Mixtroz is a Birmingham, Alabama-based minority owned startup founded by a mother-daughter team that has raised $1 million. Here are the details.
- Past 'Rise of the Rest' winners say Steve Case investment boosted fortunes Orlando Sentinel
A business tour led by former America Online CEO and Chairman Steve Case could provide a much-needed boost to an Orlando startup next month if results ...
- Black Female Founders Face Constant Rejection. They're Thriving Anyway. Entrepreneur
Despite the lack of funding, black women are the fastest-growing group of entrepreneurs today. Here's why.
- Guest Notebook: Invest in Birmingham's small businesses Birmingham Business Journal
Two city leaders advocate for investing in Birmingham's small businesses.
- Texan investors sound off on Bham tech startup, success in businesses Birmingham Business Journal
What is the most important part of the success of any business? 'Rooster & Butch' have a clear answer.
- Where are they now? A look at Nashville startups founded 2010-2015 The Tennessean
Some Nashville startups launched from 2010 through 2015 are booking massive returns while others are no longer operating.
- Scenes of Birmingham featured in 60 Minutes profile about Steve Case and Rise of the Rest Bham Now
Steve Case and his initiative 'Rise of the Rest' were featured on 60 Minutes this Sunday night, March 17th.
- 5 Birmingham business leaders get real about inclusivity ROI on March 21 Bham Now
Clara Green, Dawn Bulgarella and Lee S. Price (top row); J.W. Carpenter and Kris Dunn (bottom row). Photos submitted It's one of Birmingham's premiere.
- Scenes from the BBJ's 2018 Women's Summit Birmingham Business Journal
The BBJ's 2018 Women's Summit was a day of inspiring speakers, networking and connections. Here's a look at scenes from the event.
- Local startup, Mixtroz, awarded $100K in Rise of the Rest pitch competition Birmingham Times
Birmingham's startup scene got a major boost on Wednesday, as a traveling caravan of national tech and innovation leaders met some of the city's most dynamic ...
- Meet the mother-daughter duo whose local tech startup earned $100K investment Birmingham Times
Different networking experiences led to the same result for Ashlee Ammons and Kelly Schrader, the mother-and-daughter duo who founded local tech startup ...
- Mother-Daughter Power Team Launch Tech Startup, Mixtroz Black Enterprise
A mother and daughter combine their business skills into tech startup, Mixtroz.
- Forbes, VentureBeat put spotlight on Birmingham tech scene Birmingham Business Journal
Two major publications have run features on Birmingham's tech scene.
- Inside Birmingham's Bid To Become The Southern Silicon Valley Forbes Now
Yoga balls rolled gently in the corner of the wide back office I'm in. Here, staff in hoodies clacked away on Macbooks covered in slogan decals. Mini fridges filled ...
- Alabama ranks second to last in the country for startup activity WBRC FOX6 News - WBRC.com
Alabama ranks second to last in the country for startup activity, according to The Kauffman Foundation, a group that studies entrepreneurial success. Now a ...
- Birmingham unveils inaugural Small Business Council members Birmingham Business Journal
The city of Birmingham has named the inaugural members of the Small Business Council that will advise the city on small business issues.
- Innovation Depot reveals 2019 Velocity Accelerator companies Birmingham Business Journal
Eight companies – including five Birmingham-based firms – have been selected for the 2019 cohort of the Velocity Accelerator program at Innovation Depot.
- Birmingham's first Small Business Council selected AL.com
The council will act as an advisory group to Mayor Randall Woodfin and the city's Department of Innovation and Economic Opportunity,
- AOL founder Steve Case is traveling the US investing in local businesses through his $150 million seed fund — here are the 5 most recent entrepreneurs to get $100,000 each Business Insider
Steve Case and JD Vance brought their Rise of the Rest Seed fund to the southeastern United States in May, with the goal of empowering entrepreneurial ...
- Kerry Schrader: What happened to my right to choose? AL.com
By Kerry Schrader, co-founder, Mixtroz, living in Birmingham. Alabama is being perceived as “woman unfriendly” which will further impede efforts to attract 50 ...
- Magic City featured in New York Times column Birmingham Business Journal
American comedian and Birmingham native Roy Wood Jr. writes that the Magic City leaves you with a "sense of optimism for what's to come."
- Calling all Birmingham techies, Innovate Birmingham’s summer enrollment ends April 19. Secure your spot today Bham Now
The Birmingham tech industry is growing… and fast. Tech start-ups like Mixtroz and Shipt are popping up all around the Magic City, so there's surely no.
- Steve Case: 'Great things happening in Birmingham' Made In Alabama
During the Rise of the Rest bus tour, entrepreneurial champion Steve Case said Birmingham is a city on the rise.
- Mother-daughter duo wins $100,000 investment for their start-up app WBRC FOX6 News - WBRC.com
A mother and daughter team have 100000 reasons to celebrate after winning the Rise of the Rest pitch competition in Birmingham.
- Retha Nichole, Small Business and Life Coach, on giving entrepreneurs the push they need to succeed Bham Now
Have you ever thought about starting your own business, but realized maybe the million reasons why it would be extremely difficult, and then just given up?
- Techstars LegalTech Firm Is the Latest Startup Heading to Birmingham For New Opportunity hypepotamus.com
It's not often that you hear a founder describe the process of working with an investor as “really falling in love,” but that's what Lauren Sturdivant describes when ...
- How These Black Women With A Startup Became 'Unhidden Figures' Forbes
Within moments of arriving at the Collision tech conference, I met two women with t-shirts that read,. Black. Female. Founder. Fund Me. The duo in question is a ...
- Nashville Black Chamber Celebrates 20 Years tntribune.com
NASHVILLE, TN — October 25th was an exciting day of celebration honoring Mrs. Rosetta Miller Perry visionary and founder of the Nashville Black Chamber of ...
- Meet the Nashville startup that wants to help you meet more people Nashville Business Journal
Look around at a networking event, and you'll spot them: the uncomfortable folks skulking to the side, scrolling on their phones to look busy. With her new ...
- Ashlee Ammons: 'More women in Alabama will die' AL.com
In places where abortion has been illegal, women have for centuries found other ways. And women have died.
- DIG SOUTH gathers South's tech industry in Charleston for 3-day summit WRAL Tech Wire
CHARLESTON, SC — Next month, more than 2000 entrepreneurs, investors and executives in the South's tech industry will assemble for the DIG SOUTH Tech ...
- For Roy Wood Jr., Alabama Is Painful History, New Hope and Home The New York Times
The “Daily Show” correspondent is moved by the memorial to lynching victims in Montgomery and inspired by Birmingham's mayor, business startups and ...
- Birmingham Velocity Accelerator elevator speech: S(w)ervice Alabama NewsCenter
The third group of cohort companies are two weeks into the intense boot camp that is the Velocity Accelerator at Birmingham's Innovation Depot. Alabama ...
- KonMari dropouts, rejoice! Birmingham organizers are here to help Bham Now
Mari Kondo's recent breakout Netflix series Tidying up with Mari Kondo is inspiring to watch - it's a little harder to implement IRL.
- Chinese team triumph in Creative Business Cup The Copenhagen Post - Danish news in english
Winning entry 'Cell Robot' see off fierce competition from Iceland and Lebanon. Chinese team triumph in Creative Business Cup.
- The Bham Now team reveals their New Year’s resolutions for 2019 Bham Now
Have you chosen your New Year's resolution yet? For some ideas, here's a look at what the Bham Now team chose for theirs.
- Rise of the Rest: Is tour stop the startup of something big in Birmingham? Birmingham Business Journal
Between Shipt's acquisition by Target and the Rise of the Rest's pending tour spot in Birmingham, the local startup scene is on the radar. Can this be the startup ...
- Metro Diner and ALDI to open in Trussville, March 26 and April 4 Bham Now
More businesses are gearing up to open their doors in Trussville. Get ready for Metro Diner (March 26) and ALDI (April 4).
- Rise of the Rest bus tour to showcase Birmingham innovation ecosystem Alabama NewsCenter
Birmingham's entrepreneurial and innovation landscape is in the spotlight today as the city hosts a national tour of supporters of early-stage startups. The Rise of ...
- How Birmingham’s Innovation Depot secured more public and private support for Alabama’s startups VentureBeat
Guest Alabama is not exactly startup central. But the Innovation Depot, a collaboration between the public and private sector, has generated unique programs ...
- Birmingham home sales in January up 6 percent from a year ago Alabama NewsCenter
Sales: According to the Greater Alabama Multiple Listing *Service*, Birmingham-area residential sales totaled 833 units during January, up 6.1 percent from 785 ...
- 5 places for new moms to get some R&R in Birmingham Bham Now
New mom Jamie Cash with her daughter. One of her go-tos is Patriot Park in Homewood! Being a new mom is exhausting. As much as we love our babies, the.
- Reserve your seat today for the InnovateHER Panel Discussion happening March 26 at Forge Bham Now
Sponsored Photo via Innovate Birmingham Innovate Birmingham is celebrating Women's History Month with the InnovateHER Panel Discussion on 3/26 at ...
- Innovation Depot-based company Clutch! LLC makes parking on game days simple with new app Bham Now
The days of driving around in circles in search of a parking spot on game day is soon to be a thing of the past. Get ready to download the app, Clutch!
- BLUEPRINT York 2019 VentureBeat
A plan to spread tech prosperity across America with a focus on how to prepare the workforce for AI and robotics.
- Birmingham, get bendy with Goat Yoga BHM Bham Now
First we had cat yoga. Then, there were glow yoga and happy hour yoga at local breweries. Now we introduce to you... Goat Yoga BHM in Helena.
- High time to move the needle Nashville Post
Meet some of the problem-solvers targeting the complex — and not-unique-to-Nashville — issues of diversity and inclusion in tech.
- Invest Georgia-Backed Knoll Ventures Fills A Funding Gap for the Southeast's Early-Stage Startups hypepotamus.com
Knoll Ventures is an Atlanta-based early-stage venture capital fund with a focus on companies beyond the seed stage but pre-Series A.
- Alabama apps: Planet Fundraiser brings customers, good causes together Alabama NewsCenter
Alabama NewsCenter is highlighting apps developed in the state. This is the third story in a series. You can also read the first and second stories. Like many ...
- Success Plus initiative aims to add 500,000 high-skill workers Made In Alabama
Success Plus aims to prepare a pipeline of Alabama workers with industry-recognized skills obtained through earning certificates, credentials or degrees.
- Sky Law Group, Celebrates 10 years, offers Free DIY Claims Handling Book PRUnderground
The Ten Things Insurance Companies DON'T Want You to Know is the ultimate guide to maximizing any personal injury settlement claim. It's written from the ...
- Emma, UAB’s new 90-ton cancer-fighting cyclotron, is the coolest thing since sliced bread Bham Now
Talk about an entrance. On March 5, the roof was removed from the UAB Proton Therapy Center for the delivery of a new 90-ton cyclotron.
- High-Style Living on Lake Tuscaloosa StyleBlueprint
Birmingham architect Tyler Price created a one-of-a-kind escape on Lake Tuscaloosa that's rich in Mediterranean personality both inside and out.
- 6 ways you can protect Alabama’s public lands including becoming a Wilderness Ranger Bham Now
Whether its building trails, planting trees, picking up litter or re-building a greenhouse, Alabama's public lands need our help.
- Birmingham named one of the best cities for jobs in 2018 Bham Now
Birmingham ranked 13th out of 25 on Glassdoor's list of “Best Cities for Jobs in 2018.” We certainly agree! New jobs are flooding the Birmingham market day by ...
- IoT Tech Expo: Hear industry leaders explore the future of Industrial IoT – Amsterdam 2019 PRUnderground
The IoT Tech Expo Europe; will arrive in Amsterdam this June to host 500+ industry leaders exploring the future of enterprise technology with a two-day ...
- Birmingham native and novelist Daniel Wallace named 2019 Harper Lee Award Winner Bham Now
Daniel Wallace. Photo by Iman Woods Author Daniel Wallace, born and raised in Birmingham, has reeled in a big fish—the 2019 Harper Lee Award for.
- Startups at Gigtank's Pitch Night aim to leverage Chattanooga's high-speed Internet Chattanooga Times Free Press
Reed Hayes, left, and Dennis Lally make their pitch for their company, Rendever, Wednesday, July 27, 2016 at Gigtank365's Pitch Night at the Edney Innovation ...
- Innovation Depot Velocity Accelerator program chooses 8 teams AL.com
Four teams were picked from the Birmingham area, along with San Jose, Chicago, Atlanta and Nashville, from about 100 applicants.
- Nashville’s leaders didn't dream big enough with Amazon | Opinion The Tennessean
Nashville should have asked Amazon to help build a robust, diverse and inclusive tech ecosystem right here in their new home.
- GE Aviation opens Alabama factory complex to produce unique materials Made In Alabama
HUNTSVILLE, Alabama – GE Aviation opened a factory complex in Alabama today that will be the only U.S. location to produce unique materials used to ...
- Tech investor, Hollywood studio execs and more will convene in Atlanta Rolling Out
The Rainbow PUSH Coalition will host its 18th Annual Creating Opportunity Conference, October 12 – 13, 2017. This conference is a continuation of Reverend ...
- 15 Gifts He'll Actually Love: Our 2018 Men's Gift Guide StyleBlueprint
Struggling to find something special for the men on your holiday gifting list? These 15 options are guaranteed to delight. Here is our 2018 men's gift guide!
- Connecting: Don't stop networking - Bizwomen The Business Journals
The more you put into the building better, more meaningful connections, the so much more you get in return.
- Birmingham's Velocity Accelerator holds its first Demo Day Alabama NewsCenter
The Velocity Accelerator program at Birmingham's Innovation Depot had promised its inaugural class it would make one year's worth of growth in three months ...
- Birmingham's Velocity Accelerator program unveils its inaugural class Alabama NewsCenter
Homegrown startups and entrepreneurs from as far away as the Ukraine are part of the inaugural class of Birmingham's Velocity Accelerator program. The 10 ...
- #BlackBizMatters: 10 Black-Owned Counterparts to Your Favorite Tech Black Enterprise
Apps and services such as Airbnb and Handy, do have black-owned counterparts as does some tech hardware. Here is a list of black-owned tech companies.
- Birmingham's Velocity Accelerator inaugural class member: Glow Alabama NewsCenter
As a mother of three and a former corporate employee, Yazmin Cavale knew how inconvenient it was to try to schedule an appointment at a beauty salon and ...
- Neighborhoods USA Conference in Birmingham May 23-26 Birmingham Times
Neighborhood representatives from around the nation will gather in the Magic City May 23-26 when Birmingham opens its doors for the 2018 Neighborhoods ...
- Birmingham's Velocity Accelerator inaugural class member: Quantalytix Alabama NewsCenter
While working at a Birmingham bank, Will Bryant and Chris Aliotta felt there had to be a better way to manage balance sheets and risks when it came to ...
- Biotech firm Blondin to collaborate on breast cancer research project in Finland Alabama NewsCenter
A key executive for Blondin Bioscience LLC is a collaborator on a prestigious grant awarded by the Academy of Finland that will aid in the study of breast cancer ...
- The Future of Event Design and Diversity — Meetings Innovation Report Skift
The Future of Meetings & Events This week we have a collection of stories focusing on innovation in event design and the many ongoing challenges in.
- Fairview Developments Singapore Launch Of Belgravia Green Freehold Landed PRUnderground
One of the leading property development companies in Singapore proudly announced the launch of their latest project: Belgravia Green after the tremendous ...
- Franchise Gator Announces Top Emerging & Fastest Growing Franchises for 2018 PRUnderground
Franchise Gator has announced its picks for the Top Emerging and Fastest Growing franchise opportunities for 2018. The online franchise directory spotlights ...
- Birmingham mayor emphasizes growth, development in 'State of the City' address Alabama NewsCenter
Birmingham Mayor William Bell said building permits throughout the city's neighborhoods are up 11.6 percent, and downtown is experiencing a building boom of ...
- On this day in Alabama history: Miss Baker flew into space Alabama NewsCenter
The Alabama Animal Hall of Fame has a famous eagle, two horses and lots of other animals but among the inductees is just one monkey: Miss Baker. On May ...
- Q&A: Brand Wise's Jamie Dunham Nashville Post
Jamie Dunham is president of the Nashville American Marketing Association (NAMA) and founder of Brand Wise and blog Lipstick Economy. Dunham is putting ...
- The Art of Letter Writing StyleBlueprint
Claire: It's that time of year again. The time for baby showers, graduation parties, weddings, and, yes … the dreaded stack of thank you notes. In a world of ...