We are people, people & we know that even in a digital world face-to-face connections drive the most electricity. Our mission is to create valuable community where 50 or more are gathered.
Mixtroz (which stands for “mixer” + “intro”) was created by mother-daughter duo Kerry Schrader and Ashlee Ammons when they recognized that people have a hard time making meaningful connections at events. And, this problem isn’t new, it was coined in the 1950’s as “homophily” basically “birds of a feather flock together” OR as we’ve seen event-goers in the digital age engage with profiles over people!!! Today, Mixtroz services events, meetings, trainings, orientations, weddings, you name it where 25 or more are gathered. We use technology to make human connection simpler, better and more satisfying increasing engagement and collecting data for you.
- Birmingham startup wins rising star award from women's council Birmingham Business Journal
Birmingham-based startup Mixtroz has won the Rising Star Award from the Women's Business Enterprise Council South, which is a regional partner of the ...
- Mixtroz Wins Women's Business Enterprise Council South Rising Star Award Exhibitor Online
On Wednesday, July 31, Mixtroz was presented with the Rising Star Award by the Women's Business Enterprise Council (WBEC) South at their recent Power ...
- This mother and daughter team with no computer-science background left $350,000-a-year-combined jobs to launch a startup and couldn't be happier Business Insider
They learned to turn their differences into their strengths and capture a $1 million seed round from Steve Case.
- Mixtroz Founders are a Mother-Daughter Entrepreneurial Team StyleBlueprint
With their tech startup Mixtroz, Kerry Schrader and Ashlee Ammons are changing the way people network for business — and breaking barriers along the way.
- Birmingham startup Mixtroz hits $1 million in funding AL.com
Birmingham tech startup Mixtroz has reached $1 million in funding, a heady milestone for the company that moved its headquarters to the Magic City.
- Mixtroz is a shining example of the potential of Birmingham's tech economy Alabama NewsCenter
A Nashville-born startup led by an African-American mother-daughter duo is representative of Birmingham's innovation economy. That's a lot to unpack.
- Mixtroz Mother-Daughter Startup Team Shares Top 5 Things To Consider To Successfully Work With Family PRNewswire
BIRMINGHAM, Ala., May 9, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Mother's Day is a very special occasion for Mixtroz, a software company that created an app-based tool to ...
- Mixtroz App Upgrades Enhance Functionality and Aesthetics, Meeting Customer and User Demands - Press Release Digital Journal
Enhancements to Mobile Event App for Networking and Team Building Benefit Both Event Organizers and Attendees With Enhanced Technology and Usability ...
- 5 entrepreneurs you'll hear on Sloss Tech's "Next Level" startup panel August 2 at The Lyric in Birmingham. Plus, Secret Stages afterparty. Bham Now
Sloss Tech 2019 is gonna be a good one, and its "Next Level" startup panel is the place to be to hear from entrepreneurs who've leveled up.
- More speakers unveiled for Sloss Tech 2019 Birmingham Business Journal
Sloss Tech has unveiled the lineup for its 2019 edition, which will be keynoted by Reddit cofounder Alexis Ohanian. The event registration begins at 8 a.m., and ...
- Birmingham mother-daughter duo get Google's attention with Mixtroz App WVTM13
A Birmingham mother and daughter have captured Google's attention with their Mixtroz App.
- 'Good idea, but you’re a black woman in the South:' Two entrepreneurs detail their struggles in Nashville Nashville Business Journal
Since moving to Birmingham in January 2018, Mixtroz has raised $1 million in funding from outside investors, compared to the $200000 from friends and family it ...
- Birmingham tech startup Mixtroz reaches historic fundraising goal of $1 million Bham Now
There's been another big win for mother-daughter duo, Kerry Schrader and Ashlee Ammons, co-founders of Birmingham tech startup Mixtroz. The company has ...
- Networking Startup Mixtroz Raises $1 Million Seed Round Following Rise of the Rest Win hypepotamus.com
Mixtroz, a platform that facilitates better networking at events, has raised a $1 million seed round. This follows the mother-daughter founder duo's win of a $100K ...
- Mother and Daughter Tech Founders Raised $1 Million for their Networking App East Texas Review
Posted by East Texas Review | Feb 5, 2019 | Breaking News, Business, Featured | 0 |. Mother and Daughter Tech Founders Raised $1 Million for their ...
- Local tech: I tried Mixtroz at a major Birmingham networking event. Here's what happened. Bham Now
How do you master networking in a room this size? Bham Now put the Mixtroz app to the test. Photo by Terri Robertson for Bham Now Locally founded and.
- Birmingham-based Mixtroz to keynote at Google Atlanta's International Women's Day event March 14 Bham Now
Birmingham-based Mixtroz will keynote at a fireside chat at Google Atlanta as one of 22 global events for International Women's Day.
- Schedule of Events for Birmingham Freedom Fest on Saturday Birmingham Times
Birmingham Freedom Fest provides attendees with thought-provoking discussions, workshops and forums that will shine a light on issues of equality and civic ...
- Invest in Birmingham's small businesses Birmingham Times
This week, May 5–11, is National Small Business Week. All across the country, cities are celebrating the small businesses that provide the backbone of their ...
- Mixtroz Hopes To Make Networking Events Valuable Again With 'LinkedIn, But Live' Mobile App Forbes Now
The Mixtroz mobile app uses short questionnaires to match attendees in small groups at events, acting as a social lubricant to get conversations started as well ...
- Meet the mother-daughter startup that won the Birmingham Rise of the Rest pitch competition Birmingham Business Journal
Mixtroz, the mother-daughter startup that came to Birmingham for the Velocity Accelerator at Innovation Depot, took home the top prize at the Rise of the Rest ...
- Mother-Daughter Tech Founders Share Keys To Balancing Family and Business Essence
Ashlee Ammons and Kerry Schrader face the struggles of balancing their relationship as business partners and as mother and daughter.
- The Rising Black Founders Building In the South hypepotamus.com
In honor of Black History Month, Hype has put together a list of the South's next top black founders. Meet these inspiring entrepreneurs.
- Mixtroz: This Alabama-Based Startup Launched By A Mother-Daughter Team Raises Over $1 Million Pulse 2.0
Mixtroz is a Birmingham, Alabama-based minority owned startup founded by a mother-daughter team that has raised $1 million. Here are the details.
- Bronze Valley Invests in Four StartUps Birmingham Times
Bronze Valley announced investments in four startup companies founded by people of color, including two companies founded by African-American women, ...
- World of Opportunity Kickoff Set for June 19 at the CrossPlex Birmingham Times
The World Games 2021 will kick off its World of Opportunity program on Wednesday, June 19 at the Birmingham Crossplex. The program helps connect certified, ...
- Local startup, Mixtroz, awarded $100K in Rise of the Rest pitch competition Birmingham Times
Birmingham's startup scene got a major boost on Wednesday, as a traveling caravan of national tech and innovation leaders met some of the city's most dynamic ...
- 7 tech startups pitch for investment on April 30 at Innovation Depot's Velocity Accelerator 2019 Demo Day. Join the audience. Bham Now
Do you enjoy watching Shark Tank and hearing business owners pitch their ideas to investors? We have our own version right here in Birmingham.
- Woodfin talks priorities with Birmingham business community AL.com
Birmingham Mayor Randall Woodfin tonight marked the end of a year when he said the Magic City saw the largest amount of capital investment in the city's ...
- Ultimate guide to Birmingham's Freedom Fest. 12 acts. 8 panels. Mayor Woodfin, 'Funnymaine', American Idol's Ruben Studdard and more Bham Now
The first ever Birmingham Freedom Fest, a new music and empowerment festival, will take place at the Birmingham Civil Rights District on July 27.
- Where are they now? A look at Nashville startups founded 2010-2015 The Tennessean
Some Nashville startups launched from 2010 through 2015 are booking massive returns while others are no longer operating.
- Black Female Founders Face Constant Rejection. They're Thriving Anyway. Entrepreneur
Despite the lack of funding, black women are the fastest-growing group of entrepreneurs today. Here's why.
- Sloss Tech moves into its 4th year without Sloss Fest AL.com
Sloss Tech seeks to galvanize local and regional innovators in technology with a day-long program of events.
- Past 'Rise of the Rest' winners say Steve Case investment boosted fortunes Orlando Sentinel
A business tour led by former America Online CEO and Chairman Steve Case could provide a much-needed boost to an Orlando startup next month if results ...
- Scenes of Birmingham featured in 60 Minutes profile about Steve Case and Rise of the Rest Bham Now
Steve Case and his initiative 'Rise of the Rest' were featured on 60 Minutes this Sunday night, March 17th.
- Forbes, VentureBeat put spotlight on Birmingham tech scene Birmingham Business Journal
Two major publications have run features on Birmingham's tech scene.
- Meet the mother-daughter duo whose local tech startup earned $100K investment Birmingham Times
Different networking experiences led to the same result for Ashlee Ammons and Kelly Schrader, the mother-and-daughter duo who founded local tech startup ...
- 5 Birmingham business leaders get real about inclusivity ROI on March 21 Bham Now
Clara Green, Dawn Bulgarella and Lee S. Price (top row); J.W. Carpenter and Kris Dunn (bottom row). Photos submitted It's one of Birmingham's premiere.
- Innovation Depot reveals 2019 Velocity Accelerator companies Birmingham Business Journal
Eight companies – including five Birmingham-based firms – have been selected for the 2019 cohort of the Velocity Accelerator program at Innovation Depot.
- Inside Birmingham's Bid To Become The Southern Silicon Valley Forbes Now
Yoga balls rolled gently in the corner of the wide back office I'm in. Here, staff in hoodies clacked away on Macbooks covered in slogan decals. Mini fridges filled ...
- Alabama ranks second to last in the country for startup activity WBRC FOX6 News - WBRC.com
Alabama ranks second to last in the country for startup activity, according to The Kauffman Foundation, a group that studies entrepreneurial success. Now a ...
- AOL founder Steve Case is traveling the US investing in local businesses through his $150 million seed fund — here are the 5 most recent entrepreneurs to get $100,000 each Business Insider
Steve Case and JD Vance brought their Rise of the Rest Seed fund to the southeastern United States in May, with the goal of empowering entrepreneurial ...
- How These Black Women With A Startup Became 'Unhidden Figures' Forbes
Within moments of arriving at the Collision tech conference, I met two women with t-shirts that read,. Black. Female. Founder. Fund Me. The duo in question is a ...
- Birmingham unveils inaugural Small Business Council members Birmingham Business Journal
The city of Birmingham has named the inaugural members of the Small Business Council that will advise the city on small business issues.
- Birmingham’s first Small Business Council selected AL.com
The council will act as an advisory group to Mayor Randall Woodfin and the city's Department of Innovation and Economic Opportunity,
- Speaking for first time about pedophilia scandal, YouTube CEO promises to keep comments off of kids videos Business Insider India
Stephen Lam/ReutersSusan Wojcicki is CEO of YouTube.YouTube's CEO is trying to tell parents and advertisers that the company will do more to keep its ...
- Steve Case: 'Great things happening in Birmingham' Made In Alabama
During the Rise of the Rest bus tour, entrepreneurial champion Steve Case said Birmingham is a city on the rise.
- Meet the Nashville startup that wants to help you meet more people Nashville Business Journal
Look around at a networking event, and you'll spot them: the uncomfortable folks skulking to the side, scrolling on their phones to look busy. With her new ...
- Calling all Birmingham techies, Innovate Birmingham's summer enrollment ends April 19. Secure your spot today Bham Now
The Birmingham tech industry is growing… and fast. Tech start-ups like Mixtroz and Shipt are popping up all around the Magic City, so there's surely no.
- Magic City featured in New York Times column Birmingham Business Journal
Birmingham has received more positive press in the mainstream media — this time from a native son. In a column for The New York Times, Roy Wood Jr.
- Techstars LegalTech Firm Is the Latest Startup Heading to Birmingham For New Opportunity hypepotamus.com
It's not often that you hear a founder describe the process of working with an investor as “really falling in love,” but that's what Lauren Sturdivant describes when ...
- Mother-daughter duo wins $100,000 investment for their start-up app WBRC FOX6 News - WBRC.com
A mother and daughter team have 100000 reasons to celebrate after winning the Rise of the Rest pitch competition in Birmingham.
- Nashville Black Chamber Celebrates 20 Years tntribune.com
NASHVILLE, TN — October 25th was an exciting day of celebration honoring Mrs. Rosetta Miller Perry visionary and founder of the Nashville Black Chamber of ...
- KonMari dropouts, rejoice! Birmingham organizers can help Bham Now
Mari Kondo's recent breakout Netflix series Tidying up with Mari Kondo is inspiring to watch - it's a little harder to implement IRL.
- Retha Nichole helps small businesses succeed | Bham Now Bham Now
Have you ever thought about starting your own business, but realized maybe the million reasons why it would be extremely difficult, and then just given up?
- DIG SOUTH gathers South's tech industry in Charleston for 3-day summit WRAL Tech Wire
CHARLESTON, SC — Next month, more than 2000 entrepreneurs, investors and executives in the South's tech industry will assemble for the DIG SOUTH Tech ...
- Birmingham Velocity Accelerator elevator speech: Fledging Alabama NewsCenter
The third group of cohort companies are two weeks into the intense boot camp that is the Velocity Accelerator at Birmingham's Innovation Depot. Alabama ...
- The Uber of property maintenance: How Birmingham startup Maestro is disrupting the industry through technology Bham Now
The startup is Maestro Maintenance Management, and they're leveraging technology to make property management more efficient.
- For Roy Wood Jr., Alabama Is Painful History, New Hope and Home The New York Times
The “Daily Show” correspondent is moved by the memorial to lynching victims in Montgomery and inspired by Birmingham's mayor, business startups and ...
- Metro Diner and ALDI to open in Trussville, March 26 and April 4 Bham Now
More businesses are gearing up to open their doors in Trussville. Get ready for Metro Diner (March 26) and ALDI (April 4).
- Birmingham home sales in January up 6 percent from a year ago Alabama NewsCenter
Sales: According to the Greater Alabama Multiple Listing *Service*, Birmingham-area residential sales totaled 833 units during January, up 6.1 percent from 785 ...
- The Bham Now team reveals their New Year's resolutions for 2019 Bham Now
Have you chosen your New Year's resolution yet? For some ideas, here's a look at what the Bham Now team chose for theirs.
- Milk Mother's StyleBlueprint
Since founding Mother's Milk of Alabama, Mary Michael Kelley is proof that it's possible to survive — and thrive — after losing a child.
- Birmingham, get bendy with Goat Yoga BHM Bham Now
First we had cat yoga. Then, there were glow yoga and happy hour yoga at local breweries. Now we introduce to you... Goat Yoga BHM in Helena.
- How Birmingham’s Innovation Depot secured more public and private support for Alabama’s startups VentureBeat
Guest Alabama is not exactly startup central. But the Innovation Depot, a collaboration between the public and private sector, has generated unique programs ...
- Invest Georgia-Backed Knoll Ventures Fills A Funding Gap for the Southeast's Early-Stage Startups hypepotamus.com
Knoll Ventures is an Atlanta-based early-stage venture capital fund with a focus on companies beyond the seed stage but pre-Series A.
- High time to move the needle Nashville Post
Meet some of the problem-solvers targeting the complex — and not-unique-to-Nashville — issues of diversity and inclusion in tech.
- BLUEPRINT York 2019 VentureBeat
A plan to spread tech prosperity across America with a focus on how to prepare the workforce for AI and robotics.
- Fashion Designer Kenya Buchanan: FACES of Birmingham StyleBlueprint
Fashion designer Kenya Buchanan won Magic City Fashion Week's competition and is committed to growing her fashion empire from right here in Birmingham.
- 3 things I learned about Innovate Birmingham from candidate, Loni Vaughn. Apply for courses + scholarships by Aug. 9. Bham Now
Hear from Innovate Birmingham Data Analytics candidate Loni Vaughn, plus how to apply for courses and scholarships today.
- Success Plus initiative aims to add 500,000 high-skill workers Made In Alabama
Success Plus aims to prepare a pipeline of Alabama workers with industry-recognized skills obtained through earning certificates, credentials or degrees.
- Innovation Depot-based company Clutch! LLC makes parking on game days simple with new app Bham Now
The days of driving around in circles in search of a parking spot on game day is soon to be a thing of the past. Get ready to download the app, Clutch!
- Ron Cadman & Travis Cadman Launch Site for Aspiring Real Estate Investors PRUnderground
Real estate investor Travis Cadman, the brother and business partner of Ron Cadman, has launched a new blog site for those interested in excelling in real ...
- Earn while you learn: Innovate Birmingham to team up with Central Six AlabamaWorks for IT Apprenticeship Program. Apply by July 26! Bham Now
Innovate Birmingham & Central Six AlabamaWorks are joining forces to get Birmingham tech talent working with their IT Apprenticeship Program!
- Experience Birmingham's Restaurants in a Whole New Way StyleBlueprint
Thanks to Foodgroup, a free mobile app, you can now connect with your favorite restaurants — and find out about the latest eats!
- Ocasio-Cortez wants to abolish the Dept of Homeland Security The Chestnut Post
Your browser does not currently recognize any of the video formats available. Click here to visit our frequently asked questions about HTML5 video.
- SoRichIam Media- Mentioning the Unmentionables – A Call to Action PRUnderground
Author and CEO of SoRichIam Media and One Crownz Productions, LeTicia Lee, is placing a call to action this summer. She wants to restore dignity to those ...
- #DMWF on The Rising Importance of Customer Experience in Marketing Strategy PRUnderground
Customer experience (CX) is rising in importance within companies marketing strategy. Organisations that drive attention to customer experience enjoy ...
- Blacks in Tech Uses Collegiate Experiential Learning Opp to Attract 1000 Students to BITCON2019 PRUnderground
Blacks in Technology partners with St. Cloud State University Herberger Business School to get 1000 students to BITCON2019. As BITCON2019 is the 2nd ...
- 3 things I learned at Innovate Birmingham's Demo Day 2019 Bham Now
Sponsored First up are a few ThinkData Analytics candidates presenting their data on workers' commutes in and out of Birmingham. Photo submitted I've I ...
- Become an expert negotiator with Carol Frohlinger on Nov. 16 Bham Now
Register by Nov. 14 to attend a negotation workshop led by Internationally renowned expert Carol Frohlinger in Birmingham on Nov. 16, 2018.
- PassRight: US Needs to do More to Attract Foreign Talent as IT Engineer Shortage Continues PRUnderground
1 million technology jobs are predicted to go unfilled in the US by 2020. Experts believe that the solution lies in bringing in foreign talent and that more needs to ...
- Rise of the Rest bus tour to showcase Birmingham innovation ecosystem Alabama NewsCenter
Birmingham's entrepreneurial and innovation landscape is in the spotlight today as the city hosts a national tour of supporters of early-stage startups. The Rise of ...
- High-Style Living on Lake Tuscaloosa StyleBlueprint
Birmingham architect Tyler Price created a one-of-a-kind escape on Lake Tuscaloosa that's rich in Mediterranean personality both inside and out.
- Emma, UAB's new 90-ton cancer-fighting cyclotron, is the coolest thing since sliced bread Bham Now
Talk about an entrance. On March 5, the roof was removed from the UAB Proton Therapy Center for the delivery of a new 90-ton cyclotron.
- CEO of Air Repair Skincare on Using Clean Chemistry To Fight Against Seasonal Stressors, Flight Fatigue Cheddar
Denise Spanek, CEO and founder of Air Repair Skincare, joins ChedHER to discuss being an inclusive, cruelty-free, and sustainable beauty brand. thumbnail.
- Registration Opens for Prosper Show Amazon Sellers Event in Las Vegas PRUnderground
Internet sellers and marketers can now sign up for annual Amazon seller conference and trade show scheduled for March 17-19 in Las Vegas.
- 8 Hours Pillow Launches to Make a Good Night's Sleep Adjustable, Attainable, and Cool PRUnderground
In a world where stress is high and sleep habits wain a new product offers to help consumers secure the un-gettable get. Rest. Who would have thought it would ...
- 6 ways you can protect Alabama's public lands including becoming a Wilderness Ranger Bham Now
Whether its building trails, planting trees, picking up litter or re-building a greenhouse, Alabama's public lands need our help.
- Birmingham native, novelist Daniel Wallace named 2019 Harper Lee Award Winner Bham Now
Daniel Wallace. Photo by Iman Woods Author Daniel Wallace, born and raised in Birmingham, has reeled in a big fish—the 2019 Harper Lee Award for.
- Innovation Depot Velocity Accelerator program chooses 8 teams AL.com
Four teams were picked from the Birmingham area, along with San Jose, Chicago, Atlanta and Nashville, from about 100 applicants.
- Taylor Tennis Courts Builds Professional Tennis Court Construction and Resurfacing Designed to Last PRUnderground
Whether a homeowner wants a tennis court for private use or a new sports club wants to install a tennis court for their members to enjoy Taylor Tennis Courts is ...
- Todd Moní Presents Bags With Character For Women With Class PRUnderground
Made with passion, creativity and professionalism – Todd & Moní launch their first handbags edition, just in time for the global celebration of women.
- TriboTEX Awarded AFWERX SBIR Innovation Grant to Explore Nanomaterial Coating Platforms to Extend Operational Lifetimes of Helicopter Gearboxes PRUnderground
Washington-based TriboTEX has been awarded one of the U.S. Air Force's Small Business Innovation Research grants of $50,000. Under the special topic, ...
- Ident Solutions to Present its Security Screening Software at National Summit PRUnderground
Ident Solutions will display the capabilities of its security screening software (known as FedCheck) at the Critical National Infrastructure Summit, taking place ...
- Cheri Partridge, Named Multi-Line Rep of the Year by PPB Magazine PRUnderground
Outdoor Cap is proud to share the success of Cheri Partridge as PPB Magazine named her one of the Best Multi-Line Reps of 2019 along with seven other ...
- PressWise to Exhibit Several Enhancements at Dscoop Edge PRUnderground
SmartSoft will be demonstrating the latest enhancements to PressWise, the all-in-one, print workflow system, at the upcoming Dscoop show in Orlando, Florida.
- 5 things I learned at Red Letter Day The Tennessean
I recently had the opportunity to attend Red Letter Day, a mini marketing conference solely focused on marketing to women. Marketing to women is profoundly ...
- Deerwalk Releases Integrated Cost & Quality Reporting to Support the Delivery of High-Value Healthcare PRUnderground
Deerwalk, Inc., is proud to bring customers a suite of new reports that integrate claims information with provider quality ratings.
- Birmingham's Velocity Accelerator holds its first Demo Day Alabama NewsCenter
The Velocity Accelerator program at Birmingham's Innovation Depot had promised its inaugural class it would make one year's worth of growth in three months ...