Mars Reel is a fast growing Mobile Sports Network designed for 13 to 24 year old viewers that have shifted away from full length sports programming on traditional cable networks to short highlight videos with cool music delivered to their mobile devices.
Sign up for the Moguldom newsletter — business news you need to know about economic empowerment for the digital age, delivered to your inbox.
- 5 Major Power Moves LeBron James Made in 2018 Black Enterprise
LeBron James has been winning on and off the court all year. Here's a roundup of some of the big moves King James made in 2018.
- 30 Under 30 2019: Meet The Millennials Changing The Face Of Media Forbes
The class of 2019 features the media industry's 30 best young journalists, writers and media entrepreneurs.
- H.S. Sports Venture Mars Reel Completes $4.7 Million Funding Round With Backing From Otter Media, Dwayne Wade And Drake Deadline
The sports media company, that built a brand around coverage of high school athletes, added some big-name players to their investment roster: NBA All-Star ...
- Forbes Releases 2019 Edition of the 30 Under 30 List Markets Insider
NEW YORK, Nov. 27, 2018 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- On Sale Now – Forbes today released the eighth annual "30 Under 30" list, featuring 600 young innovators, ...
- Mars Reel Enters Strategic Partnership with LeBron James and Maverick Carter's Digital Media Company UNINTERRUPTED Business Wire
LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Mars Reel, a leading provider of premium coverage of the most exciting athletes and teams in high school basketball, has ...
- Dwyane Wade, Drake Invest in H.S. Sports Media Startup ‘Mars Reel’ Eurweb.com
H.S. sports venture Mars Reel completes $4.7 Million funding round with backing from Otter Media, NBA star Dwayne Wade and Drake.
- Mars Reel Teams with USA TODAY Sports Media Group for Multi-Platform Content Distribution Partnership Business Wire
USA TODAY Sports Media Group, a subsidiary of Gannett Co, Inc. (NYSE: GCI), and Mars Reel, a leading provider of premium coverage of the most exciting.
- Lebron James Backs Streaming Sports Venture Mars Reel Black Enterprise
Mars Reel, founded by twin brothers Brandon and Bradley Deyo, streams video highlights of athletes and is backed by some heavy hitters.
- Brothers Dump Basketball to Create Highlight-Reel Sports Site VOA News
Twin brothers Brandon and Bradley Deyo used a camera to highlight their basketball skills while they were in high school and posted the videos online, hoping ...
- 30 Under 30 Retail Merchandiser
Retail Merchandiser is a 55 year old, award winning, bi-monthly retail publication which reaches over 180000 decision makers worldwide. Our readers are ...
- Dwyane Wade, Drake invest in Mars Reel startup ClutchPoints
Miami Heat legend Dwyane Wade, as well as musician Drake, are investing nearly five million dollars in something called Mars Reel.
- Mars Ashton's Blog - At Meaningful Play and Beyond: Exhibitor Primer Gamasutra
In this series of articles, Mars Ashton does a deep dive into a number of topics related to submitted papers, talks and games found at this year's Meaningful Play ...
- Pro fisherman guilty plea in SC meth conspiracy mars career The State
Rafael Redmond and his mother were fishing on Lake Murray earlier this year when another fisherman he knew from years before pulled up beside their boat.
- Why Drake, LeBron, Nas, KD and more are investing in high school basketball Kulture Hub
It's common for superstars to have business teams and market insiders, and it's clear they've spotted potential in Generation Z's athletes.
- Overtime Scores Funding In Bid To Build Out Streaming Sports Network Deadline
Emerging sports digital brand Overtime has scored $9.5 million in funding, solidifying its bid to disrupt the world of sports streaming.
- How 3 Entrepreneurs Convinced an NBA Star to Invest Entrepreneur
Shane Battier retired from basketball in 2014 with two championship rings, and is now a philanthropist and an investor working with seven tech companies.
- Arlan Hamilton's Backstage Capital has invested in 100 startups with underrepresented founders Fast Company
As of this week, the firm has invested in 100 companies with at least one founder who is a woman, person of color, or LGBT.
- A+E Exec Kate Gutman Joins Gannett’s USA Today Network as Head of Content Ventures Variety
Kate Gutman has left A+E Networks to join Gannett's USA Today Network in the newly created role of head of *content* ventures.
- Twin Brothers Recruit Lebron James, Steve Stoute As Investors For Sports Streaming Venture Blavity
Brandon and Bradley Deyo are twin brothers who turned not...
- Former Montverde star RJ Barrett is living out his ‘Matrix Moment’ USA TODAY High School Sports
RJ Barrett broke the Duke freshman debut points record. For those who have followed him since Montverde Academy, it was more of the same.
- Sonos Stock Up 22% as Company Debuts on Nasdaq Variety
Sonos' stock initially saw just modest gains as the company started trading on Nasdaq Thursday morning, but started to gain steam soon after: The company's ...
- Class of 2020 Standouts: Jalen Green and Kyree Walker USA TODAY High School Sports
Kyree Walker and Jalen Green are two stars in the class of 2020. Check out their recent highlights and a look at what the future may hold.
- Martin Sorrell’s New Business Plan: Cut Creative Agencies Out of the Loop Altogether Adweek
The prospectus does, however, note the decreasing value of traditional advertising as clients demand ever more digital services. Even more significantly, it lists ...
- The billionaires fuelling a space race BBC News
Dubbed "NewSpace", an increasing number of entrepreneurs are joining in the race to create cheap, commercialised space travel. Among these are billionaires ...
- M&S boss turns to hi-fi entrepreneur to amp up profits The Guardian
High-street chain turns to Richer Sounds founder for new ideas.
- This Angel Network Is Committed To Funding Tech Startups With Black, Brown & Women Founders Moguldom
Rashad Moore heads up Score 3 Angel Network. He's committed to funding tech startups led by people who look like him. That means Black, brown and women ...
- Why This VC Is Betting on Women, People Of Color, and LGBTQ Founders Fortune
Backstage Capital's Arlan Hamilton is focused on getting venture dollars in the hands of underrepresented entrepreneurs.
- The DC Investors' Startups to Watch in 2018 American Inno
Each year, DC Inno publishes its own list of the local startups to watch in the coming year. Now, D.C. area VCs and investors are weighing in.
- The rise of Mac McClung: The viral star's game beyond the dunks USA TODAY High School Sports
The first time Mac McClung dunked, he says, was the summer after ninth grade. Or it was during ninth grade. He can't really remember. He does recall, however, ...
- Martin Sorrell Has A Startling Business Plan For His Agency: Disintermediating His Old Firm Forbes
When Sir Martin Sorrell left Saatchi & Saatchi as its finance director more than 30 years ago, he took over the publicly traded Wire and Plastic Products plc, a tiny ...
- Fil-Am Bruno Mars wins at 2018 BET Awards Philippine Star
Despite being accused of “cultural appropriation” or “taking things from a culture” allegedly not of his own, American singer with Filipino roots Bruno Mars has ...
- NBN prepares to take on business market in earnest Computerworld Australia
NBN Co is launching a range of new services that target Australia's SMBs and enterprises, which are expected to play a key role in delivering the revenue the ...
- Sale of bankrupt companies stuck in litigations Business Today
One year after the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) first directed the commercial banks to invoke immediate bankruptcy proceedings against 12 big corporate ...
- Detroit Pistons' Stanley Johnson works out with Carmelo Anthony Detroit Free Press
Detroit Pistons forward Stanley Johnson has a lot to prove as he enters his fourth season since being drafted in the first round in 2015.
- Why Dimension Data and NTT are merging ARNnet
News that Dimension Data, NTT Communications, NTT Data, NTT Security and NTTi3 will merge to create a heavyweight technology provider has sent ...
- Six Startups Primed To Disrupt The Sports Industry Thanks To 500 Accelerator Forbes
Entrepreneurship is hard. Building a company from scratch - especially one whose value proposition is inherently different from anything else that exists in the ...
- National Geographic to delve deeper into life on the red planet with ‘Mars’ season 2 Scroll.in
The show will be premiered on National Geographic and Hotstar on November 17.
- Elon Musk: Mars ship test flights 'next year' BBC News
Elon Musk, a man prone to ludicrous deadlines, has birthed another: test flights of his Mars spaceship next year. "I think we'll be able to do short flights, up and ...
- Floyd Mayweather should disappear into retirement forever, because a comeback could end in tears INSIDER
Floyd Mayweather has teased three comeback bouts lately, but his last was so shoddy that a return to boxing could prove disastrous.
- Why customer trust is more vital to brand survival than it's ever been CMO
Customer trust is not only vital in an environment where customer expectations are increasing daily and competition is fierce, it is a brand differentiator that could ...
- Despite red tide, mostly business as usual for local economy Palm Beach Post
A week after red tide noxious odors arrived on the shores of Palm Beach County, local businesses are themselves beginning to feel its effect.This week alone ...
- ESA: Liquid water detected on Mars hidden under planet's south pole WDIV ClickOnDetroit
Radar data collected by the European Space Agency has unveiled a pond of liquid water buried under layers of ice near the south pole of Mars.
- Facebook gave user data to a Chinese company considered a national security threat Vox.com
It wasn't just Apple, Amazon, and BlackBerry that Facebook gave access to its user data. The social media company also has data-sharing partnerships with at ...
- Life on Mars: What do we know? BBC News
After scientists discovered a liquid water lake on the Red Planet, Victoria Gill takes a look at what we know so far about this mysterious planet and the life that ...
- Big Fish Games migrates to new HQ, with plans to reel in top talent with eye-catching space GeekWire
Big Fish Games has a new headquarters to go along with its new leader. The Seattle-based gaming company, which was acquired by Australia's Aristocrat ...
- Stealthy blockchain startup Core Scientific raising $100M, could reel in as much as $250M GeekWire
Secretive Seattle-area blockchain startup Core Scientific is raising a big $100 million investment round that could grow to $250 million. Aber Whitcomb ...
- Elon Musk tells Boeing to put its money where its mouth is over claims it will beat SpaceX to Mars Alphr
Boeing is adamant that it'll be the first company to send a craft to Mars, beating SpaceX to the punch. Understandably, Elon Musk wasn't too happy about that ...
- Forget the car in space: why Elon Musk's reusable rockets are more than a publicity stunt The Guardian
The onboard Tesla Roadster grabbed the headlines, but the real success of this week's space adventure was the Falcon Heavy launch vehicle.
- Better Known for Candy, Mars Makes a Big Bet on Pets The New York Times
The maker of M&M's, Snickers and Dove will add to its growing pet care business with a $7.7 billion deal for the owner of pet hospitals, a lab and dog day care.
- Term Sheet -- Wednesday, January 24 Fortune
Four years ago, Arlan Hamilton was living out of a hotel room that she shared with her mom. At that point, she had given up a career as a live music production ...
- Elon Musk wants to colonize Mars with SpaceX but has yet to explain how people will survive there Business Insider
Experts are eager to know what life support systems SpaceX is researching to keep Martian explorers alive for years.
- How Roku Morphed From a Quirky Hardware Startup to a TV Streaming Powerhouse Variety
Founder Anthony Wood has outsmarted tech titans to turn Roku into a TV streaming sensation.
- Nasa's InSight rocket takes off for Mars BBC News
The American space agency Nasa has launched its latest mission to Mars.
- Take a look at the 'Best Groomsmen Dance Ever' Cincinnati.com
Dubbed "The Best Groomsmen Dance" on the Internet, a video is going viral of Northern Kentucky native Joey Frederick leading his groomsmen in a dance ...
- 2018 summer music guide: Longmont, Boulder, Loveland, Fort Collins Longmont Times-Call
Oh, Colorful Colorado. You jam-band junkie, bluegrass-bellowing and electronic-encrusted beautiful mess. Here's where to find the music you love this summer.
- Support Your Small and Local Businesses: Council approves overhaul of Chapter 380 agreements - News Austin Chronicle
After months of briefings and a lengthy final discussion, City Council last week approved the overhaul to the city's Chapter 380 Agreements, the economic ...
- Nasa: Building blocks of life on Mars found BBC News
Nasa says organic matter found at the bottom of a crater on the Red Planet suggests there might have been life there once. Samples of the matter were analysed ...
- #SayHerName Nia Wilson tributes roll in from Kehlani, Anne Hathaway, Bruno Mars and others SF Gate
As the Bay Area continues to reel and BART riders remain on edge following the violent death of 18-year-old Nia Wilson and the assault of her older sister ...
- China to send Wang Qishan to forum for business elites in Singapore South China Morning Post
Beijing will send Vice-President Wang Qishan to a new economic forum organised by American tycoon Michael Bloomberg, where he is expected to offer ...
- Business booming for giant cargo planes BBC News
tn of goods travel by air every year. Much of it goes in the hold of normal airliners. But for those big, awkward loads, something rather larger is required.
- Is Big Food acting like Big Tobacco? Mars thinks so Foodprocessing
More and more consumers are expressing distrust in the food industry — comparing its actions and ethics with the tobacco industry. The Center for Science in ...
- SpaceX CEO Elon Musk unveils Mars voyage plan CNBC
Musk provided on Friday an update to his vision of creating a permanent, self-sustaining human presence on Mars.
- InSight: The jeopardy of landing on Mars BBC News
The American space agency releases a video describing the perilous journey its InSight probe will make to the surface of Mars later this month.
- Beyond tariffs: China’s ‘precision strikes’ on US businesses South China Morning Post
American firms in China report higher costs and much greater regulatory scrutiny, and fear a major drop-off in business from rising nationalism, observers say.
- Why Alibaba’s chip company is named after the honey badger South China Morning Post
'A chip is small [like the honey badger], and we hope that such a small thing will produce great power,' said Alibaba chief technology officer Jeff Zhang.
- Akshay Kumar, Fox Star Studios to kick-off three-film deal with space movie ‘Mission Mangal’ Scroll.in
Fox Star Studios has signed a three-film deal with actor Akshay Kumar's production house, Cape of Good Films. First on the slate is a space movie titled Mission ...
- Auto racing: Mars shoots for the moon in Twin 25s Duluth News Tribune
Jimmy Mars won his first Late Model feature in Superior in 1992, and every time he returns, he is tough to beat. But when Mars wins his heat and gets the luck of ...
- Project Green Light Detroit expands to businesses in Corktown WDIV ClickOnDetroit
Project Green Light Detroit is a system of monitored, interconnected security cameras outside businesses and it has spread from the original eight businesses to ...
- The 50 best sports movies of all time, according to critics Business Insider
At the heart of great sports is usually great drama. So, it's no surprise that Hollywood has frequently mined the arena of sports for storytelling inspiration.
- ‘Rocketry – The Nambi Effect’ teaser: Madhavan presents scientist Nambi Narayanan’s story Scroll.in
The Indian scientist and aerospace engineer was accused of being a spy and imprisoned for 50 days in a case that was later ruled to be false.
- 55km mega bridge may fail to drive business, Hong Kong cabbies say South China Morning Post
The long-awaited opening of southern China's 55km bridge between Hong Kong, Zhuhai and Macau is set to trigger a lucrative boost in business for many firms, ...
- Elon Musk’s weakness for self-promotion masks his potential Financial Times
There has never been anyone quite like Elon Musk in my lifetime. Other tech billionaires have built extraordinary companies, disrupted industries and launched ...
- How Alibaba is using AI to power the future of business CMO
Alibaba Group is powering ahead with a range of AI research and initiatives in a bid to realise its vision: To make it easy to do business everywhere and ...
- Watch: This animated video of Mars will give you the impression of flying over the red planet Scroll.in
The simulation was created using actual data from cameras on the Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter.
- Jollibee, Potato Corner get a boost from fan base of foreign domestic helpers South China Morning Post
Despite Hong Kong's notoriously high rents, a number of Southeast Asian businesses are expanding.
- Ending modern slavery in business is possible. Here’s how South China Morning Post
At a recent board meeting, one of our directors listed the reasons that business should be concerned with modern slavery. These included new legislation ...
- SF Holding buys DHL’s supply chain unit to diversify from delivery South China Morning Post
SF will pay DHL an upfront payment of 5.5 billion yuan, with a revenue-based fee over 10 yearsThe deal doesn't affect DHL's existing business in global express ...
- The Terrific 10: NJ.com's boys basketball Player of the Year watchlist NJ.com
A look at the 10 players on the watchlist for Player of the Year.
- InSight steers toward Mars Phys.org
NASA's InSight lander has made its first course correction toward Mars.
- This Week In The Business: Development Challenges, Big and Small Kotaku
QUOTE | “If a player sees our game, [and] intuitively he or she is not able to compare it immediately with another game, then we have succeeded.” – Remedy ...
- Assignar lifts game with sales and marketing overhaul CMO
Sydney startup, Assignar, has overhauled the communications of its sales and marketing departments, both internally and externally, a move that's increased ...
- Tesla exec exits, CEO smokes pot on webcast, shares reel Nasdaq
By Vibhuti Sharma and Arjun Panchadar. Sept 7 (Reuters) - Tesla Inc Chief Executive Elon Musk was filmed smoking marijuana and wielding a sword on a ...
- LivePerson opening tech center in Seattle for messaging business; Amazon Alexa vet on board GeekWire
LivePerson, a company whose messaging platform helps businesses communicate with customers, has a message for Seattle: they're setting up shop in South ...
- PwC launches CMO growth agenda program CMO
PwC Australia has taken the wrappers off a new CMO Growth Agenda program aimed at helping marketing chiefs better link business transformation, customer ...
- Planning for life on Mars BBC News
Would you like to live on Mars? The United Arab Emirates Space Agency is continuing work to send people to colonize Mars in the 22nd Century.
- The 10 best (and 2 worst) Super Bowl halftime performances — watch Business Insider
Legendary artists like Prince, Michael Jackson, and Beyoncé have taken on the stage of the Super Bowl halftime show.
- Forecast: Cloudy with a chance of good data management Techworld Australia
The journey to the cloud is one many, if not most, organisations are taking to increase business and IT agility and modernise outdated data centres. However ...
- China’s export base courting foreign investors as trade war bites South China Morning Post
As the trade war hits Guangdong's export businesses hard, the province cuts business costs, seeks foreign investment to stabilise the local economy.
- Uber narrows 2Q loss as company polishes tarnished image Phys.Org
Uber is still struggling to make money while the ride-hailing *service's* CEO deals with the headaches left behind by his predecessor.
- Life on Mars? BBC News
Is or was there ever life on the red planet? This video has been optimised for mobile viewing on the BBC News app. The BBC News app is available from the ...
- Eddie Alvarez blames UFC ‘business model’ for exit South China Morning Post
Former UFC lightweight champion says 'everyone expressed interest' in him but that Singapore's One Championship gives him chance to make history.
- Elon Musk is a total fraud: Truth about Tesla billionaire exposed NEWS.com.au
ONE disastrous tweet has finally revealed Elon Musk for what he is: a fraud. Enraged that a British cave diver called his idea to rescue the Thai soccer team for ...
- 3D-printed gun maker, accused of sex with minor, flies to Taiwan South China Morning Post
The owner of a Texas company that makes untraceable 3D-printed guns is wanted on an arrest warrant tied to an accusation that he had sex with an underage ...
- Construction firms accused of bid-rigging scheme on housing estate South China Morning Post
Hong Kong's competition watchdog on Thursday filed a court action against three construction companies and two directors over a market-rigging scheme on a ...
- Ishq Tera: Poor script mars this love story (IANS Review, Rating: *1/2) Business Standard
Film: "Ishq Tera"; Director: Jojo D'Souza; Cast: Hrishitaa Bhatt, Mohit Madaan, Mozhgan Taraneh, Shahbaaz Khan, Aman Verma, Ganesh Yadav and Manoj ...
- LANL, NASA work on powering an outpost on Mars or the moon Albuquerque Journal
SANTA FE, N.M. — 'KRUSTY' tests show the small reactor could work.
- Who is Elon Musk? BBC News
Meet the man who inspired Iron Man's alter ego Tony Stark.
- Trump claims he and Mueller had ‘nasty business relationship’ South China Morning Post
US president makes one of his most direct attacks on the special counsel and his 'conflicts of interest', citing a supposed business relationship that may be a ...
- Many Chinese firms ‘will go bankrupt, if US delivers on tariff threat’ South China Morning Post
China's judiciary should prepare itself for a possible spike in the number of corporate bankruptcy cases as a result of the trade dispute between Beijing and ...
- Hong Kong broadcaster TVB fires 150 staff amid business losses South China Morning Post
Hong Kong's biggest television station fired another 150 people on Friday arising from losses in its international business and operational restructuring.