LISNR is a high frequency, inaudible technology; a communication protocol that sends data over audio. We use inaudible sound waves called Smart Tones™ to transmit information. LISNR transmits customizable packets of data every second that enables proximity data transmission, second-screen functionality, authentication and low-fi device to device connectivity on any LISNR-enabled device.
- How to build a sound business Cincinnati Business Courier
The door to Over-the-Rhine tech startup Lisnr's old Court Street office was a nightmare. The locks were always being serviced, but they never seemed to work.
- 41. LISNR CNBC
Founders: Rodney Williams, Chris Ostoich, Josh Glick CEO: Eric Allen Launched: 2012. Headquarters: Cincinnati Funding: $30 million. Valuation: $66.7 million ...
- Cincinnati startup Lisnr partners to roll out mobile payment technology Cincinnati Business Courier
A Cincinnati tech startup that has developed a method to transmit data using ultrasonic tones is partnering with Equinox Payments to roll that out for mobile ...
- Mobile Payments May Be Key to Better App Experience Payment Week
Businesses are increasingly discovering that their mobile app is one of the best things that ever happened to their business. Providing an excellent source of ...
- Global Automotive Electronics Market Outlook 2019-2025: 3M, General Electric, aecouncil, Lisnr, Quanergy The Market-News 24
The accompanying report contains an elucidation of the promoting plan for “Automotive Electronics Market“. This Automotive Electronics market report offers the ...
- Cincinnati startup Lisnr makes it into Target accelerator Cincinnati Business Courier
Cincinnati tech startup Lisnr is one of nine companies that will participate in retail giant Target's international accelerator program this year.
- LISNR One of 8 Companies in Target, Techstars Accelerator American Inno
Retail-based giant Target has announced participants in some of its accelerator programs. Making the cut in METRO Target Retail Accelerator, Certified by ...
- LISNR Brings the Future of Payments to 2019 CNBC Disruptor 50 List PRNewswire
OAKLAND, Calif., May 17, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- LISNR today announces that they were named to CNBC's Disruptor 50 list—2019 edition. In their seventh year ...
- Mobile Payments Conference Expands Keynote Lineup for MPC19, Aug. 26-28 in Chicago PR Web
PHOENIX & CHICAGO (PRWEB) August 08, 2019 -- PHOENIX & CHICAGO – Aug. 8, 2019 – The Mobile Payments Conference announced today its expanded ...
- Why Retailers Need Better Payments To Boost Mobile App Appeal pymnts.com
LISNR Co-Founder Chris Ostoich talks with PYMNTS about what retailers must do to drum up more interest in and loyalty to their mobile apps.
- Cincinnati startup makes CNBC list of most disruptive WKRC TV Cincinnati
CINCINNATI (Cincinnati Business Courier) - A Cincinnati startup has again made CNBC's list of the 50 companies whose innovations are changing the world.
- Visa: Business Payments Network Paves ‘Highway’ For B2B Payments pymnts.com
Visa and Billtrust said that JPMorgan Chase has joined the Visa and Billtrust Business Payments Network (BPN) to streamline B2B payments for commercial ...
- 22. LISNR CNBC
Unlike Bluetooth or Wi-Fi, LISNR audio technology is not dependent on hardware or connectivity; it just needs sound to make a connection. The company says ...
- KYB, Shell Companies And Pot Payments Gone Rogue pymnts.com
Lessons can be learned from a cannabis industry lawsuit and Trulioo shares how cooperation and sharing data could help defeat digital criminals.
- Challenger Banks Raise Record Funds To Take On Traditional FIs pymnts.com
Digital Banking: Challenger banks are raising money to take on traditional banking competitors and FIs, and have a total of $2 billion from eager investors.
- Payroll Faces Cyber Threats From All Sides pymnts.com
Amid the growing list of cybersecurity concerns businesses must keep on top of, payroll is a growing target for attackers both inside and outside the enterprise.
- How A Retail Incubator Could Produce The Next Big Innovation pymnts.com
PYMNTS talks with Chris Ostoich, co-founder of LISNR, about how retailers like Target are using tech incubators to complete against rivals Amazon and ...
- Lisnr wants to make airline and concert tickets a thing of the past using sound waves CNBC
Imagine a world where your entry ticket to an event, or boarding pass for a flight, or your form of payment for a good or *service* is invisible data transferred by way ...
- Equinox Payments and LISNR® Team Up to Deliver Payments Using Ultrasonic Data Transmission Business Wire
Equinox is the first terminal manufacturer to utilize LISNR's ultrasonic technology to securely process payments from shoppers anywhere in a store.
- Rodney Williams CEO LISNR 2018 disruptor 50 CNBC
Rodney Williams, LISNR CEO, explains the company's data-over-audio technology, how they're disrupting several industries and what the potential security ...
- Five things we learned from Lisnr CEO Rodney Williams' CNBC interview Cincinnati Business Courier
Rodney Williams, co-founder and CEO of Cincinnati startup Lisnr, sat down with CNBC's "Make It" to talk about everything from leaving Procter & Gamble to ...
- Tech Company Lisnr Strikes Back In Privacy Battle 02/13/2018 MediaPost Communications
The technology company Lisnr has gone on the offensive in a privacy battle stemming from claims that it helped to eavesdrop on Colts fans. Lisnr, which was ...
- This 34-year-old went from a six-figure corporate salary to $100,000 in debt running his start-up — here’s what he learned CNBC
Rodney Williams left a cushy corporate gig with a six-figure salary to build a start-up that sunk him six figures in debt. Now, that business, Lisnr, has raised ...
- Weddings, The Millennial Way? There’s A Marketplace For That pymnts.com
Younger consumers — reflecting larger trends — wanted weddings as unique as they are and Mayflower Venues shares how it steps up to the challenge.
- Keep an eye on these Cincinnati startups in 2019 WKRC TV Cincinnati
CINCINNATI (Cincinnati Business Courier) - Cincinnati's startup ecosystem continues to grow, and we don't expect that to stop in 2019. Funds were raised this ...
- Trips Planning App Shuttered By Google pymnts.com
Google's Trips app for travel planning was discontinued in favor of its reworked Search and Maps. The company is now trying to drive users to its Travel page.
- How These Minority Founders Got Tech Execs to Put Their Money Where Their Mouths Are Entrepreneur
Tech executives happily pay lip *service* to diversity, but precious few financially support underprivileged groups.
- Rising Cincinnati star startup Lisnr raises new round of capital Cincinnati Business Courier
A fast-growing Cincinnati startup has raised another round of funding, on top of $14 million the company has already garnered.
- How Merchants Turn Showrooming Into A Sale pymnts.com
Consumers still use their mobile phones to showroom inside brick-and-mortar stores. But Jake Engwerda of LISNR says smart retailers need to go well beyond ...
- 45. LISNR CNBC
Unlike Bluetooth or Wi-Fi, LISNR just needs sound to make a connection, turning any speaker into a beacon that can deliver relevant info to the user.
- What Check Fraud Can Teach Banks About Preparing For The Instant Payments Future pymnts.com
FIs and FinTechs need look no further than the spike in mobile check fraud to see their instant payment future, Ingo CEO Drew Edwards told Karen Webster.
- Cincinnati financial tech startup relocates to Los Angeles Cincinnati Business Courier
A Cincinnati financial tech startup that helps users secure low-dollar loans without having to resort to a payday lender moved its headquarters to Los Angeles.
- Beyond the Silicon Valley app: Many of tech's new disruptive ideas have social missions CNBC
The 2019 CNBC Disruptor 50 list comes at a moment of change for Silicon Valley, highlighted by the fact that an agricultural technology company, Indigo Ag, ...
- 3. The We Company CNBC
Founders: Adam Neumann (CEO) and Miguel McKelvey. Launched: 2010. Headquarters: New York City Funding: $11+ billion. Valuation: $47 billion
- Beyond Registers — What’s Next For Retail Store Payments? pymnts.com
Is the store register on its way out in favor of payments innovation? Target's recent register outage could provide incentive for new technologies.
- Visit Cincinnati Once and You'll Want to Launch Your Startup There Entrepreneur
Two years ago, when I started traveling to and studying startup ecosystems, I was fascinated by what cities would be “next.” I wanted to know where the talent ...
- LISNR aims to disrupt Bluetooth: Founder CNBC
LISNR co-founder and CEO Rodney Williams has a simple explanation for what his start-up does: “we connect.” It's how the the 3-year-old company manages to ...
- How This Entertainment Mogul Pivoted From Representing Top Artists To Funding Women-Led Startups Forbes
Entrepreneur, investor, philanthropist, innovator and multi-hyphenate, Monique Idlett-Mosley is well known within both entertainment and tech industries as a ...
- EXCLUSIVE: Lisnr planning $6.9M headquarters in West End Cincinnati Business Courier
Fast-growing Cincinnati company Lisnr was awarded tax incentives on Monday for a planned $6.9 million headquarters in Over-the-Rhine.
- How I Arrived at My Big Idea Forbes Now
As soon as we stepped off-stage, Pepsi and Disney wanted to arrange calls and we got an offer to have dinner with a local Cincinnati investor, CincyTech, who ...
- Visa taps Cincinnati startup Lisnr for mobile payment push - Cincinnati Business Courier Cincinnati Business Courier
Visa has selected a Cincinnati startup to head an initiative to drive digital commerce and develop a new way to make mobile payments. Lisnr was one of three ...
- Startup Alley to showcase food service technology bake Magazine
The National Restaurant Association Restaurant, Hotel-Motel Show is excited to announce the 14 Startup Alley exhibitors that will be in attendance at the 2019 ...
- When Wi-Fi Won't Work, Let Sound Carry Your Data WIRED
Birds encode data in their chirps. Now businesses are encoding data in sound waves, as a way to authenticate users, pair devices, and complete other tasks.
- POS Payments At The Speed Of Sound (Waves) pymnts.com
LISNR discusses how pay-by-sound technology could progress the often friction-filled effort to create true omnichannel retail consumer experiences at the POS.
- D.C. startup opening up shop in Cincinnati to take advantage of Amazon Air hub – and it just raised $5.8M Cincinnati Business Courier
A Washington, D.C. startup that helps brands and small businesses sell on Amazon is opening up shop in Cincinnati to take advantage of the e-commerce ...
- Combat Flip Flops’ CEO, Matthew Griffin, Named Aspen Institute Henry Crown Fellow SNEWS
The Aspen Institute has announced its 2019 Class of Henry Crown Fellows, including Combat Flip Flops' CEO, Matthew 'Griff' Griffin. The Henry Crown ...
- These 28-Year-Olds Have A Plan To Make 1 Million Millennials Homeowners In 5 Years Forbes
Find out what the founders of Remodelmate want to do in five years for 1 million millennials buying their first home.
- Inside the rise and fall of Everything But The House: Can Ohio's hottest startup rebound? Cincinnati.com
Cincinnati-based startup Everything But The House set out to build an empire selling second-hand goods via the internet, from Murano Glass vases to vintage ...
- Goldman Employees Like Apple Card pymnts.com
Credit Card News: Goldman Sachs' CEO said employees are testing the Apple Card app which will feature low interest rates and the feedback has been good ...
- Target Takes Retail Accelerator Program Global With Nine Startups - Retail TouchPoints Retail TouchPoints
For the fourth consecutive year, Target is operating an accelerator for startups seeking to bring their products and services to market through t...
- Beyond Silicon Valley, surprising threats emerge: City, state governments funding disruptive start-ups CNBC
Local and state governments are stepping up to fund disruptive start-ups in a challenge to Silicon Valley's supremacy. The competition is also increasing ...
- Longtime Cincinnati jewelry family opening Hyde Park shop Cincinnati Business Courier
A Cincinnati family that has operated a local jewelry store for more than two decades is introducing a new retail concept to Hyde Park this summer.
- Ticketmaster will soon admit you to events using audio data transmitted from your phone VentureBeat
Ticketmaster will soon be able to admit you to live events using nothing more than a discrete digital audio broadcast from your smartphone.
- Looking to launch a startup? Forget Silicon Valley and stay in Cincinnati. Cincinnati.com
The Queen City ranked among seven of the best cities in the U.S. for start-ups, according to a new report from CNBC.
- CincyTech set to make its next big move (Video) - Cincinnati Business Courier Cincinnati Business Courier
CincyTech has had plenty of big successes of late from its seed-capital investments. VIDEO.
- White House honors Lisnr CEO Rodney Williams - Cincinnati Business Courier Cincinnati Business Courier
A Cincinnati entrepreneur was invited to the White House to be honored during an event meant to promote American innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Audio-Beacon Startup LISNR Raises $10 Million Series B Round Led By Intel Capital TechCrunch
Smart tone startup LISNR just raised a $10 million series B round led by Intel Capital to further advance the product as “a true protocol to connect devices across ...
- Hennessy Launches 'WE ARE' Content Series Inspiring Others to Push the Limits of Potential PRNewswire
NEW YORK, Feb. 6, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Hennessy, the world's best-selling Cognac, celebrates Black History Month with the launch of WE ARE – a powerful...
- As Live Nation Entertainment In (LYV) Valuation Rose, Dsam Partners Llp Has Upped by $2.57 Million Its Stake; Bogle Investment Management LP Has Boosted Its Position in Grupo Aeroportuario Ct Spon Ad (OMAB) by $1.48 Million as Stock Price Rose The EN Herald
Dsam Partners Llp increased its stake in Live Nation Entertainment In (LYV) by 13.5% based on its latest 2019Q1 regulatory filing with the SEC. Dsam Partners ...
- From Debt to a $62.5M Startup: Rodney Williams on His ‘Internet of Sound’ Software ETF Trends
I was in debt, I had depleted my savings… I maxed out every credit card that I could.” From having a comfortable six-figure corporate job at Procter & Gamble to ...
- Forget Silicon Valley, these 7 cities are great for start-ups CNBC
Cities like San Francisco and New York are magnets for entrepreneurs, but the competition among start-ups is tough and everything is expensive. So where else ...
- 10 startups outside Silicon Valley to watch in 2018 VentureBeat
Analysis Here are 10 startups outside of Silicon Valley you should watch in 2018: Uptake, Pendo, Skuid, Lisnr, Duo Security, Cradlepoint, Lessonly, Qualtrics, ...
- Bringing The Farmers Market Online With Apps pymnts.com
WhatsGood aims to connect customers with producers through an Instacart-like farm-to-table *service*.
- Pay By Sound: It’s Back! PYMNTS.com
Swipe to pay, EMV chip cards, QR codes and even near field communication (NFC) are about to be old news. LISNR has introduced Internet of Sound payment ...
- ArtsWave event seeks tech solutions to some of the arts' biggest problems Cincinnati Business Courier
An ArtsWave event taking place this weekend seeks to engage the tech community to solve some of the biggest problems arts groups face. The third annual ...
- Eye on POS Terminals: Equinox Sounds Out Payments; Verifone Helps the Blind Make a Payment; Ingenico's Semi-Integrated Service Digital Transactions
Point-of-sale terminal maker Equinox Payments announced an audible way to pay with the integration of LISNR ultrasonic technology. Phoenix-based Equinox ...
- Why Every Founder Needs A Wingman Forbes Now
Founders have a role, too. They need to understand that a wingman needs the latitude to speak truth to power, and that they're driven by many of the same ...
- ESSENCE Festival 2019: Get Ready For Our First-Ever Global Black Economic Forum Essence
Get your tickets now for this meeting of the minds unlike any other that you can only experience at ESSENCE Fest!
- 2 big reasons high-profile start-ups attract top talent despite US skills gap crisis CNBC
High-profile successful start-ups say attracting top talent has gotten easier. But for the average small business, finding great talent is still their No. 1 problem.
- Partner Fund Management LP Has Lifted Its Live Nation Entertainment In (LYV) Position by $26.45 Million as Share Value Rose; Jefferies Group Trimmed Its Gnc Hldgs (GNC) Stake by $1.22 Million Stocks Beat
Partner Fund Management Lp increased its stake in Live Nation Entertainment In (LYV) by 443.92% based on its latest 2019Q1 regulatory filing with the SEC.
- With Lisnr, Ticketmaster could soon use audio data as your ticket to a concert Digital Trends
Lisnr's new "smart tones" technology purports to transmit data between devices, which could mean the end to long queues and impatient fans.
- BE Modern Man Spotlights - The Ad Men: Meet Rodney Williams Black Enterprise
BE Modern Man Spotlights a few of the advertising and marketing industry ad men.
- Rodney Williams: From 6-figure Procter & Gamble gig to CEO of LISNR CNBC
Rodney Williams left a comfortable job at Procter & Gamble to launch LISNR, a software technology that transmits data over near ultrasonic sound waves.
- The Weekly Notable Startup Funding Report: 5/20/19 AlleyWatch
Notable startup fundings for the week ending 5/18/19 featuring funding details for Trumid, Feather, Brave and much more…
- Jp Morgan Chase & Co (JPM) Market Value Rose While Philadelphia Trust Company Has Decreased Its Position by $3.13 Million; Live Nation Entertainment In (LYV) Shareholder Sandler Capital Management Trimmed Its Position by $1.66 Million Stocks Beat
Philadelphia Trust Company decreased its stake in Jp Morgan Chase & Co (JPM) by 51.94% based on its latest 2019Q1 regulatory filing with the SEC.
- How Lisnr CEO Rodney Williams Plans To Use Crypto In His Firms: Black Tech Week 2018 Moguldom
Rodney Williams has a strong opinion on cryptocurrency, as in “don't put your money in nothing you don't understand.” As Williams paces across the stage at ...
- 49. Uptake CNBC
Founder: Brad Keywell (CEO) Launched: 2014. Headquarters: Chicago Funding: $258 million. Valuation: $2.3 billion (PitchBook) Key technologies: Artificial ...
- Choosing The Right Investor: More Science Than Art Forbes Now
Any venture-backed startup founder knows that choosing the right investor is just as important as building the right team. I've seen my fair share of great ...
- Startup Spotlight: Lisnr grows quickly in Cincinnati Cincinnati.com
Startup's software platform drives engagement between *content* creators and their audiences.
- Rodney Williams: The Pampers problem Cincinnati.com
Just an intern when he joined the company, Rodney Williams was thrust to the front lines of cutting-edge marketing efforts – and saw that it was losing ground.
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Reaches $39.40 After 3.00% Down Move; Ci Investments Has Trimmed Live Nation Entertainment In (LYV) Holding The NBO News
The stock of Morgan Stanley (NYSE:MS) is a huge mover today! The stock increased 0.18% or $0.07 during the last trading session, reaching $39.4.
- 1. Indigo Ag CNBC
Founders: Noubar Afeyan, David Berry, Geoffrey von Maltzahn CEO: David Perry Launched: 2014. Headquarters: Boston Funding: $650 million. Valuation: $3.5 ...
- Courier announces finalists for 2019 Innovation & Technology Awards - Cincinnati Business Courier Cincinnati Business Courier
The Cincinnati Business Courier announced the finalists today for its ninth annual Innovation & Technology Awards.
- Vodafone Users Can Now Make Calls Via Alexa Devices pymnts.com
Voice Assistant News: Users of Vodafone in the U.K. can now make phone calls via Amazon Echo devices.
- Former Cincinnati private company changes name after sale Cincinnati Business Courier
One of Greater Cincinnati's largest private companies was sold in July, and now its name is going away as well.
- Lisnr focuses on top management team Cincinnati.com
Local startup Lisnr, which launched two years ago on the Startup Bus to South by Southwest and hasn't looked back, is announcing a new senior management ...
- With Beacons And Audio, LISNR Uses Proximity Marketing To Amplify Listeners Forbes
Armed with audio-beacon and smart app engine technology, Cincinnati-based startup LISNR has capitalized on this extra limb by providing consumers with ...
- The 25th Anniversary ESSENCE Festival Announces the Addition of Square CEO Jack Dorsey to First Annual Global Black Economic Forum July 5-6 in New Orleans Business Wire
ESSENCE, the number one media, technology and commerce company dedicated to Black women, announces addition of Square CEO Jack Dorsey to its first ...
- Inside the Weird, and Booming, Industry of Online Influence WIRED
In the past 10 years, “sponcon,” the business of getting paid to promote a company via your social media, has spread pandemic-like. Sponsored *content* may be ...
- #CultureHouse Brings More than Culture to SXSW Black Enterprise
There were tons of activations this year that reflected black culture at SXSW, much more than we've seen in the past, but Culture House claims to have done ...
- 43. Houzz CNBC
Founders: Adi Tatarko (CEO), Alon Cohen Launched: 2008. Headquarters: Palo Alto, California Funding: $613.6 million. Valuation: $4 billion (PitchBook)
- 17. Phononic CNBC
Founder: Tony Atti (CEO) Launched: 2009. Headquarters: Durham, North Carolina Funding: $161 million. Valuation: $284 million (PitchBook) Key technologies: ...
- 25. Fanatics CNBC
Founder: Michael Rubin CEO: Doug Mack Launched: 2011. Headquarters: San Mateo, California Funding: $1.7 billion. Valuation: $4.5 billion (PitchBook)
- Meet the 2018 CNBC Disruptor 50 companies CNBC
CNBC reveals the 2018 Disruptor 50 list, identifying start-ups on the cutting edge of huge consumer, technology and business shifts — and already worth ...
- Aspen Institute Mobilizes New Generation of Leaders to Positively Impact Society GlobeNewswire
The 2019 Class of Henry Crown Fellows pledge to take action through new leadership Ventures.
- What will the sports stadium of the future look like? SportsPro Media
The sports stadium of the future will be more accessible and seamlessly integrated into surrounding transport infrastructure, resulting in increasingly frictionless ...
- 46. 23andMe CNBC
Founders: Anne Wojcicki (CEO), Linda Avey, Paul Cusenza Launched: 2006. Headquarters: Mountain View, California Funding: $790.7 million (PitchBook)
- 5. Rent the Runway CNBC
Founders: Jennifer Hyman (CEO) and Jenny Fleiss Launched: 2009. Headquarters: New York City Funding: $337 million. Valuation: $1 billion (PitchBook)
- 44. Veritas Genetics CNBC
Founders: Mirza Cifric (CEO), George Church, Preston Estep, Jonathan Zhao Launched: 2014. Headquarters: Danvers, Massachusetts Funding: $50 million
- Blue Ash tech firm lands state tax breaks, will triple workforce Cincinnati Business Courier
A Blue Ash tech firm has landed Ohio tax credits and plans to nearly triple its 35-member workforce over the next three years.