LISNR is a high frequency, inaudible technology; a communication protocol that sends data over audio. We use inaudible sound waves called Smart Tones™ to transmit information. LISNR transmits customizable packets of data every second that enables proximity data transmission, second-screen functionality, authentication and low-fi device to device connectivity on any LISNR-enabled device.
- How A Retail Incubator Could Produce The Next Big Innovation pymnts.com
PYMNTS talks with Chris Ostoich, co-founder of LISNR, about how retailers like Target are using tech incubators to complete against rivals Amazon and ...
- How These Minority Founders Got Tech Execs to Put Their Money Where Their Mouths Are SFGate
When it comes to diversity, tech companies talk a big game. Their spending, however, tells a different story. Late last year, Melinda Gates and McKinsey ...
- Beyond Registers — What’s Next For Retail Store Payments? pymnts.com
Is the store register on its way out in favor of payments innovation? Target's recent register outage could provide incentive for new technologies.
- Global Automotive Electronics Market Deta Analysis 2019-2026: 3M, General Electric, aecouncil, Lisnr, Quanergy News Daily
The “Automotive Electronics Market” report offers a thorough examination of the diverse patterns and factors affecting the development direction of the worldwide ...
- Bringing The Farmers Market Online With Apps pymnts.com
WhatsGood aims to connect customers with producers through an Instacart-like farm-to-table *service*.
- Goldman Employees Like Apple Card pymnts.com
Credit Card News: Goldman Sachs' CEO said employees are testing the Apple Card app which will feature low interest rates and the feedback has been good ...
- Cincinnati startup Lisnr makes it into Target accelerator Cincinnati Business Courier
Cincinnati tech startup Lisnr is one of nine companies that will participate in retail giant Target's international accelerator program this year.
- 41. LISNR CNBC
Founders: Rodney Williams, Chris Ostoich, Josh Glick CEO: Eric Allen Launched: 2012. Headquarters: Cincinnati Funding: $30 million. Valuation: $66.7 million ...
- Cincinnati startup Lisnr partners to roll out mobile payment technology Cincinnati Business Courier
A Cincinnati tech startup that has developed a method to transmit data using ultrasonic tones is partnering with Equinox Payments to roll that out for mobile ...
- How This Entertainment Mogul Pivoted From Representing Top Artists To Funding Women-Led Startups Forbes
Entrepreneur, investor, philanthropist, innovator and multi-hyphenate, Monique Idlett-Mosley is well known within both entertainment and tech industries as a ...
- Vodafone Users Can Now Make Calls Via Alexa Devices pymnts.com
Voice Assistant News: Users of Vodafone in the U.K. can now make phone calls via Amazon Echo devices.
- Cincinnati startup makes CNBC list of most disruptive Cincinnati Business Courier
A Cincinnati startup has again made CNBC's list of the 50 companies whose innovations are changing the world.
- LISNR One of 8 Companies in Target, Techstars Accelerator American Inno
Retail-based giant Target has announced participants in some of its accelerator programs. Making the cut in METRO Target Retail Accelerator, Certified by ...
- Five things we learned from Lisnr CEO Rodney Williams' CNBC interview Cincinnati Business Courier
Rodney Williams, co-founder and CEO of Cincinnati startup Lisnr, sat down with CNBC's "Make It" to talk about everything from leaving Procter & Gamble to ...
- Endeavor Louisville accepts Cincinnati-based startup Louisville Business First
The Louisville organization went outside of the metro area to expand its network of entrepreneurs.
- This 34-year-old went from a six-figure corporate salary to $100,000 in debt running his start-up — here’s what he learned CNBC
Rodney Williams left a cushy corporate gig with a six-figure salary to build a start-up that sunk him six figures in debt. Now, that business, Lisnr, has raised ...
- Five things you need to know today, and a sequel to the greatest movie ever Cincinnati Business Courier
Good morning, Cincinnati! Here are the five most important things you need to know to help start your busy business day: ...
- Lisnr wants to make airline and concert tickets a thing of the past using sound waves CNBC
Imagine a world where your entry ticket to an event, or boarding pass for a flight, or your form of payment for a good or *service* is invisible data transferred by way ...
- Global Automotive Electronics Market Research Analysis by top key players, Industy status and outlook 2019-2025. The Industry Updates
This research study on “Automotive Electronics market” reports offers the comparative assessment of Automotive Electronics market and consist of Historical ...
- 22. LISNR CNBC
Unlike Bluetooth or Wi-Fi, LISNR audio technology is not dependent on hardware or connectivity; it just needs sound to make a connection. The company says ...
- Equinox Payments and LISNR® Team Up to Deliver Payments Using Ultrasonic Data Transmission Business Wire
Equinox is the first terminal manufacturer to utilize LISNR's ultrasonic technology to securely process payments from shoppers anywhere in a store.
- LISNR Brings the Future of Payments to 2019 CNBC Disruptor 50 List PRNewswire
OAKLAND, Calif., May 17, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- LISNR today announces that they were named to CNBC's Disruptor 50 list—2019 edition. In their seventh year ...
- Tech Company Lisnr Strikes Back In Privacy Battle 02/13/2018 MediaPost Communications
The technology company Lisnr has gone on the offensive in a privacy battle stemming from claims that it helped to eavesdrop on Colts fans. Lisnr, which was ...
- As Live Nation Entertainment In (LYV) Market Value Rose, Findlay Park Partners Llp Raised Holding; Jp Morgan Chase & Co (JPM) Holder Beacon Financial Group Raised Its Position by $780,326 as Valuation Rose The NBO News
Findlay Park Partners Llp increased its stake in Live Nation Entertainment In (LYV) by 10.83% based on its latest 2019Q1 regulatory filing with the SEC. Beacon ...
- Beyond the Silicon Valley app: Many of tech's new disruptive ideas have social missions CNBC
The 2019 CNBC Disruptor 50 list comes at a moment of change for Silicon Valley, highlighted by the fact that an agricultural technology company, Indigo Ag, ...
- Donaldson Capital Management Has Cut Its Northrop Grumman Com (NOC) Holding; Marshall Wace Llp Increased Live Nation Ente (LYV) Holding Stocks Beat
Donaldson Capital Management Llc decreased Northrop Grumman Corp Com (NOC) stake by 58.64% reported in 2019Q1 SEC filing. Donaldson Capital ...
- Five things you need to know and it's time to cut the cord Cincinnati Business Courier
Good morning, Cincinnati! Here are the five most important things you need to know to help start your busy business day: ...
- Cincinnati financial tech startup relocates to Los Angeles Cincinnati Business Courier
A Cincinnati financial tech startup that helps users secure low-dollar loans without having to resort to a payday lender moved its headquarters to Los Angeles.
- CNBC puts Cincinnati startup on same list as Elon Musk's SpaceX, Uber Cincinnati Business Courier
CNBC has placed a Cincinnati tech startup on its prestigious Disruptor 50 list, alongside giants like SpaceX, Uber, Lyft and Airbnb, for the third time.
- Keep an eye on these Cincinnati startups in 2019 WKRC TV Cincinnati
CINCINNATI (Cincinnati Business Courier) - Cincinnati's startup ecosystem continues to grow, and we don't expect that to stop in 2019. Funds were raised this ...
- EXCLUSIVE: Lisnr planning $6.9M headquarters in West End Cincinnati Business Courier
Fast-growing Cincinnati company Lisnr was awarded tax incentives on Monday for a planned $6.9 million headquarters in Over-the-Rhine.
- 3. The We Company CNBC
Founders: Adam Neumann (CEO) and Miguel McKelvey. Launched: 2010. Headquarters: New York City Funding: $11+ billion. Valuation: $47 billion
- D.C. startup opening up shop in Cincinnati to take advantage of Amazon Air hub – and it just raised $5.8M Cincinnati Business Courier
A Washington, D.C. startup that helps brands and small businesses sell on Amazon is opening up shop in Cincinnati to take advantage of the e-commerce ...
- Rising Cincinnati star startup Lisnr raises new round of capital Cincinnati Business Courier
A fast-growing Cincinnati startup has raised another round of funding, on top of $14 million the company has already garnered.
- Wendy Lea's Cincinnati legacy lives on with eponymous grant for female entrepreneurs Cincinnati Business Courier
Cincinnati's Main Street Ventures awarded its first grant for female entrepreneurs named in honor of former Cintrifuse CEO Wendy Lea.
- Lisnr lures exec from one of America's largest music tech companies: EXCLUSIVE - Cincinnati Business Courier Cincinnati Business Courier
Cincinnati startup Lisnr has hired a new president who cut his teeth growing one of the country's largest music tech companies into a $250 million business.
- Target Corp (TGT) Share Value Declined While Palisade Asset Management LLC Has Trimmed by $4.18 Million Its Stake The MAK Daily
Palisade Asset Management Llc decreased its stake in Target Corp (TGT) by 24.58% based on its latest 2019Q1 regulatory filing with the SEC. Palisade Asset.
- CNBC calls Cincinnati one of best cities for startups Cincinnati Business Courier
CNBC, already no stranger to Cincinnati startups after naming one of them to its Disruptor 50 list, has taken a broader look at the Queen City and is now calling it ...
- Target accelerator programs go into launch phase Chain Store Age
Target's newest tech accelerators are moving forward. First announced in October 2018, Target Incubator is designed to support Gen Z entrepreneurs who run ...
- How I Arrived at My Big Idea Forbes Now
Rodney Williams, CEO and Founder of LISNR, leads one of the most disruptive companies in mobile connectivity and the Internet of Things. In this column ...
- Lisnr’s data-over-audio technology aims to replace QR code scanning, NFC TechCrunch
A startup called Lisnr wants to replace NFC and QR codes with a new technology that sends data over audio -- a communication protocol it's calling Smart Tone.
- 45. LISNR CNBC
Unlike Bluetooth or Wi-Fi, LISNR just needs sound to make a connection, turning any speaker into a beacon that can deliver relevant info to the user.
- Forget Silicon Valley, these 7 cities are great for start-ups CNBC
Cities like San Francisco and New York are magnets for entrepreneurs, but the competition among start-ups is tough and everything is expensive. So where else ...
- From Debt to a $62.5M Startup: Rodney Williams on His ‘Internet of Sound’ Software ETF Trends
I was in debt, I had depleted my savings… I maxed out every credit card that I could.” From having a comfortable six-figure corporate job at Procter & Gamble to ...
- 9 startups and the lowdown on how their ambitious business plans are faring WCPO Cincinnati
A progress report on nine of the 75 startups that WCPO.com has reported on in the last year, including LISNR, Feasty and Gamejoule.
- As Exxon Mobil (XOM) Stock Value Rose, Timber Hill Has Decreased Stake; Ibis Capital Partners Llp Holding in Live Nation Entertainment In (LYV) Has Cut by $2.04 Million The NBO News
Timber Hill Llc decreased its stake in Exxon Mobil Corp (XOM) by 42.91% based on its latest 2019Q1 regulatory filing with the SEC. Timber Hill Llc sold 4348 ...
- Clal Insurance Enterprises Holdings LTD Trimmed Its Position in Live Nation Entertainment In Com (LYV) by $3.81 Million; As Waters (WAT) Share Value Rose, Bamco Has Trimmed Stake by $5.95 Million The NBO News
Clal Insurance Enterprises Holdings Ltd decreased its stake in Live Nation Entertainment In Com (LYV) by 9.27% based on its latest 2018Q4 regulatory filing ...
- Longtime Cincinnati jewelry family opening Hyde Park shop Cincinnati Business Courier
A Cincinnati family that has operated a local jewelry store for more than two decades is introducing a new retail concept to Hyde Park this summer.
- Startup Alley to showcase food service technology bake Magazine
The National Restaurant Association Restaurant, Hotel-Motel Show is excited to announce the 14 Startup Alley exhibitors that will be in attendance at the 2019 ...
- Combat Flip Flops’ CEO, Matthew Griffin, Named Aspen Institute Henry Crown Fellow SNEWS
The Aspen Institute has announced its 2019 Class of Henry Crown Fellows, including Combat Flip Flops' CEO, Matthew 'Griff' Griffin. The Henry Crown ...
- As Target (TGT) Share Price Declined, Shareholder Legg Mason Asset Management Japan Has Trimmed Holding; Sectoral Asset Management Has Lifted Its Assembly Biosciences (ASMB) Stake by $10.61 Million The NBO News
Legg Mason Asset Management Japan decreased its stake in Target Corp (TGT) by 22.67% based on its latest 2019Q1 regulatory filing with the SEC.
- EXCLUSIVE: Key West End properties sold, but door remains open for FC Cincinnati Cincinnati Business Courier
The new owner of four properties in the West End is looking to bring one of Cincinnati's hottest tech startups to the neighborhood, but it's also waiting to see what ...
- LISNR aims to disrupt Bluetooth: Founder CNBC
LISNR co-founder and CEO Rodney Williams has a simple explanation for what his start-up does: “we connect.” It's how the the 3-year-old company manages to ...
- These 28-Year-Olds Have A Plan To Make 1 Million Millennials Homeowners In 5 Years Forbes
Find out what the founders of Remodelmate want to do in five years for 1 million millennials buying their first home.
- Beyond Silicon Valley, surprising threats emerge: City, state governments funding disruptive start-ups CNBC
Local and state governments are stepping up to fund disruptive start-ups in a challenge to Silicon Valley's supremacy. The competition is also increasing ...
- Ticketmaster will soon admit you to events using audio data transmitted from your phone VentureBeat
Ticketmaster will soon be able to admit you to live events using nothing more than a discrete digital audio broadcast from your smartphone.
- Hennessy Launches 'WE ARE' Content Series Inspiring Others to Push the Limits of Potential PRNewswire
NEW YORK, Feb. 6, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Hennessy, the world's best-selling Cognac, celebrates Black History Month with the launch of WE ARE – a powerful...
- Cincinnati named ‘absolute best model for startup success’ Cincinnati Business Courier
A national business publication has recognized Cincinnati for its startup efforts, going as far as calling it the best model in the nation.
- When Wi-Fi Won't Work, Let Sound Carry Your Data WIRED
Birds encode data in their chirps. Now businesses are encoding data in sound waves, as a way to authenticate users, pair devices, and complete other tasks.
- Lisnr joining accelerator run by Techstars and R/GA - Cincinnati Business Courier Cincinnati Business Courier
Cincinnati-based tech startup Lisnr is joining one of the nation's top accelerators. Lisnr is joining a program run by No. 2-ranked seed-stage startup accelerator ...
- 10 startups outside Silicon Valley to watch in 2018 VentureBeat
Analysis Here are 10 startups outside of Silicon Valley you should watch in 2018: Uptake, Pendo, Skuid, Lisnr, Duo Security, Cradlepoint, Lessonly, Qualtrics, ...
- Mailchimp acquires Ocean Accelerator startup Cincinnati Business Courier
Mailchimp, an Atlanta-based marketing platform for small business, has acquired Sawa, a startup that graduated Cincinnati's Ocean Accelerator in 2018.
- Why Every Founder Needs A Wingman Forbes Now
Founders have a role, too. They need to understand that a wingman needs the latitude to speak truth to power, and that they're driven by many of the same ...
- How Lisnr CEO Rodney Williams Plans To Use Crypto In His Firms: Black Tech Week 2018 Moguldom
Rodney Williams has a strong opinion on cryptocurrency, as in “don't put your money in nothing you don't understand.” As Williams paces across the stage at ...
- Cincinnati pharma company raises city's largest-ever Series A Cincinnati Business Courier
A Cincinnati biopharmaceutical company that was founded in 2018 raised a $50 million Series A round led by a Silicon Valley investor.
- ArtsWave event seeks tech solutions to some of the arts' biggest problems Cincinnati Business Courier
An ArtsWave event taking place this weekend is seeking to engage the tech community to solve some of the biggest problems arts groups face.
- 2019 Innovation & Technology Awards winner: Encore Technologies - Cincinnati Business Courier Cincinnati Business Courier
Since its launch in January 2016, Norwood-based Encore Technologies has experienced astronomical growth.
- Eye on POS Terminals: Equinox Sounds Out Payments; Verifone Helps the Blind Make a Payment; Ingenico's Semi-Integrated Service Digital Transactions
Point-of-sale terminal maker Equinox Payments announced an audible way to pay with the integration of LISNR ultrasonic technology. Phoenix-based Equinox ...
- LISNR's Ultrasonic Technology Named CES Innovation Award Honoree Tech.Co
LISNR is developing a truly innovative ultrasonic technology, with many applications in the real world. Now, it was named to the CES 2017 Innovation Award.
- Cincinnati startup uses artificial intelligence to keep tabs on your competition Cincinnati Business Courier
A Cincinnati tech startup is launching an artificial intelligence product that can save companies dozens of hours in analyzing competitors' marketing.
- See who came to celebrate 2019 Innovation & Technology Awards (Video) - Cincinnati Business Courier Cincinnati Business Courier
The Business Courier honored the winners and finalists of its 2019 Innovation & Technology Awards during a ceremony Thursday night at the Monastery Event ...
- RoundTower Technologies looks to add 128 high-paying jobs (Video) - Cincinnati Business Courier Cincinnati Business Courier
One of the fastest-growing companies in Greater Cincinnati is looking to add more than 100 high-paying jobs. VIDEO.
- 2 big reasons high-profile start-ups attract top talent despite US skills gap crisis CNBC
High-profile successful start-ups say attracting top talent has gotten easier. But for the average small business, finding great talent is still their No. 1 problem.
- Fast-growing Cincinnati business that helps companies sell on Amazon names president Cincinnati Business Courier
A fast-growing Cincinnati business that helps companies sell their products on Amazon and other e-commerce platforms has added a president and opened an ...
- Tech company plans new Cincinnati HQ, 100 jobs Cincinnati Business Courier
AssureCare will create 100 new jobs and build a headquarters in the city of Cincinnati under an agreement with the state of Ohio announced Monday.
- Lisnr CEO Rodney Williams joins UC trustees Cincinnati.com
Rodney Williams, co-founder and CEO of Cincinnati-based startup Lisnr, was appointed as the newest member of the University of Cincinnati Board of Trustees ...
- Courier announces finalists for 2019 Innovation & Technology Awards - Cincinnati Business Courier Cincinnati Business Courier
The Cincinnati Business Courier announced the finalists today for its ninth annual Innovation & Technology Awards.
- Blue Ash tech firm lands state tax breaks, will triple workforce Cincinnati Business Courier
A Blue Ash tech firm has landed Ohio tax credits and plans to nearly triple its 35-member workforce over the next three years.
- Cincinnati foodie tech startup shutters Cincinnati Business Courier
A Cincinnati tech startup that aimed to incentivize diners to patronize their favorite restaurants has closed up shop for good.
- Salt Lake City entrepreneur returns to Cincinnati to launch startup with Brandery alum Cincinnati Business Courier
A Salt Lake City entrepreneur returned to his native Queen City to launch a dog training app alongside a Brandery alum and another veteran of Cincinnati's ...
- Enosix names new CEO - Cincinnati Business Courier Cincinnati Business Courier
Coming off the heels of a $4.2 million Series B round, a Cincinnati tech startup has named a new CEO.
- Three Cincinnati startups accepted into Techstars, nation's largest accelerator program Cincinnati Business Courier
Three Cincinnati startups, the most in a single year for the city, are entering Techstars, a top-rated and the nation's largest accelerator program.
- What will the sports stadium of the future look like? SportsPro Media
The sports stadium of the future will be more accessible and seamlessly integrated into surrounding transport infrastructure, resulting in increasingly frictionless ...
- Here are Ohio's 50 most-promising startups, according to VentureOhio Columbus Business First
The organization dedicated to growing Ohio's entrepreneurial ecosystem has released a new list identifying the state's most-promising startup companies.
- Cincinnati company lands $35M in financing Cincinnati Business Courier
A Cincinnati manufacturer working to expand the use of electric transportation has closed a major financing round.
- BE Modern Man Spotlights - The Ad Men: Meet Rodney Williams Black Enterprise
BE Modern Man Spotlights a few of the advertising and marketing industry ad men.
- 2019 Innovation & Technology Awards winner: 80 Acres Farms - Cincinnati Business Courier Cincinnati Business Courier
Founded in October 2016, 80 Acres Farms has quickly established itself as a leader in the rapidly growing industry of indoor vertical farming.
- Event-goers check in with audio data from their phones Tech Xplore
(Tech Xplore)—If you hate the hassles associated with long lines at events, technology can make your event arrivals easy going. Something that has to do with ...
- White House honors Lisnr CEO Rodney Williams - Cincinnati Business Courier Cincinnati Business Courier
A Cincinnati entrepreneur was invited to the White House to be honored during an event meant to promote American innovation and entrepreneurship.
- EXCLUSIVE: HCDC names business center director Cincinnati Business Courier
The business incubator of Hamilton County's economic development arm, HCDC Inc., has a new leader.
- Everything but the House lays off more employees Cincinnati Business Courier
Cincinnati-born online estate sale auction house Everything but the House has engaged in another round of layoffs in a continued effort to improve its fortunes.
- Here's Wendy Lea's next gig Cincinnati Business Courier
Wendy Lea announced her exit from Cintrifuse earlier this year but didn't share where she was headed. Now we know what's in her future.
- Cincinnati company acquires artificial intelligence startup Cincinnati Business Courier
A Cincinnati-based company that specializes in job placement and employer services has acquired an artificial intelligence startup.
- With Lisnr, Ticketmaster could soon use audio data as your ticket to a concert Digital Trends
Lisnr's new "smart tones" technology purports to transmit data between devices, which could mean the end to long queues and impatient fans.
- Pay By Sound: It’s Back! PYMNTS.com
Swipe to pay, EMV chip cards, QR codes and even near field communication (NFC) are about to be old news. LISNR has introduced Internet of Sound payment ...
- #CultureHouse Brings More than Culture to SXSW Black Enterprise
There were tons of activations this year that reflected black culture at SXSW, much more than we've seen in the past, but Culture House claims to have done ...
- Cintrifuse CEO Pete Blackshaw: We have the talent here (Video) - Cincinnati Business Courier Cincinnati Business Courier
Cintrifuse CEO Pete Blackshaw just wrapped up his first week on the job, and he has a message for Silicon Valley giants like Google and Facebook: You need ...
- Cincinnati is a top city for startups to open their doors, study says Cincinnati Business Courier
Cincinnati is one of the best cities in the nation for startups to launch, according to a new study from online startup cost calculator VCArbitrage.com.
- Cincinnati tech firm acquired Cincinnati Business Courier
A Cincinnati technology firm that helps companies manage their employees has been acquired by a growing Minneapolis software business.
- Frameri's technology hits auction block after startup shutters Cincinnati Business Courier
Just more than a year after longtime Cincinnati startup Frameri shut its doors for good, the company is putting its patented eyewear technology up for sale.