LISNR is a high frequency, inaudible technology; a communication protocol that sends data over audio. We use inaudible sound waves called Smart Tones™ to transmit information. LISNR transmits customizable packets of data every second that enables proximity data transmission, second-screen functionality, authentication and low-fi device to device connectivity on any LISNR-enabled device.
- Cincinnati startup Lisnr partners to roll out mobile payment technology Cincinnati Business Courier
A Cincinnati tech startup that has developed a method to transmit data using ultrasonic tones is partnering with Equinox Payments to roll that out for mobile ...
- Endeavor Louisville accepts Cincinnati-based startup Louisville Business First
The Louisville organization went outside of the metro area to expand its network of entrepreneurs.
- Five things we learned from Lisnr CEO Rodney Williams' CNBC interview Cincinnati Business Courier
Rodney Williams, co-founder and CEO of Cincinnati startup Lisnr, sat down with CNBC's "Make It" to talk about everything from leaving Procter & Gamble to ...
- Lisnr wants to make airline and concert tickets a thing of the past using sound waves CNBC
Imagine a world where your entry ticket to an event, or boarding pass for a flight, or your form of payment for a good or *service* is invisible data transferred by way ...
- This 34-year-old went from a six-figure corporate salary to $100,000 in debt running his start-up — here’s what he learned CNBC
Rodney Williams says life was good — and easy — at Proctor & Gamble. But it was also boring. So he left to build his own company, Lisnr, that's now worth over ...
- Equinox Payments and LISNR® Team Up to Deliver Payments Using Ultrasonic Data Transmission Business Wire
Equinox is the first terminal manufacturer to utilize LISNR's ultrasonic technology to securely process payments from shoppers anywhere in a store.
- Cincinnati financial tech startup relocates to Los Angeles Cincinnati Business Courier
A Cincinnati financial tech startup that helps users secure low-dollar loans without having to resort to a payday lender moved its headquarters to Los Angeles.
- 22. LISNR CNBC
Unlike Bluetooth or Wi-Fi, LISNR audio technology is not dependent on hardware or connectivity; it just needs sound to make a connection. The company says ...
- CNBC puts Cincinnati startup on same list as Elon Musk's SpaceX, Uber Cincinnati Business Courier
CNBC has placed a Cincinnati tech startup on its prestigious Disruptor 50 list, alongside giants like SpaceX, Uber, Lyft and Airbnb, for the third time.
- Tech Company Lisnr Strikes Back In Privacy Battle 02/13/2018 MediaPost Communications
The technology company Lisnr has gone on the offensive in a privacy battle stemming from claims that it helped to eavesdrop on Colts fans. Lisnr, which was ...
- Keep an eye on these Cincinnati startups in 2019 Cincinnati Business Courier
Cincinnati's startup ecosystem continues to grow, and we don't expect that to stop in 2019. Here are six names to look out for in the next year.
- Rodney Williams CEO LISNR 2018 disruptor 50 CNBC
Rodney Williams, LISNR CEO, explains the company's data-over-audio technology, how they're disrupting several industries and what the potential security ...
- As Live Nation Entertainment In (LYV) Share Price Rose, Rwc Asset Management Llp Raised Holding; As Spirit Aerosystems Hldgs (SPR) Market Value Declined, Shareholder Hallmark Capital Management Has Cut Its Position by $499,408 The Yomi Blog
Rwc Asset Management Llp increased its stake in Live Nation Entertainment In (LYV) by 7.98% based on its latest 2018Q3 regulatory filing with the SEC.
- EXCLUSIVE: Key West End properties sold, but door remains open for FC Cincinnati Cincinnati Business Courier
The new owner of four properties in the West End is looking to bring one of Cincinnati's hottest tech startups to the neighborhood, but it's also waiting to see what ...
- Rodney Williams: From 6-figure Procter & Gamble gig to CEO of LISNR CNBC
Rodney Williams left a comfortable job at Procter & Gamble to launch LISNR, a software technology that transmits data over near ultrasonic sound waves.
- LISNR® Announces Biggest Innovation in Mobile Payments and Authentication PR Newswire
CINCINNATI, Oct. 24, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- LISNR®, the global data-over-audio leader, announces the KAB® (Kilo Audio Bit), the first data-over-audio solution ...
- Beyond Silicon Valley, surprising threats emerge: City, state governments funding disruptive start-ups CNBC
Local and state governments are stepping up to fund disruptive start-ups in a challenge to Silicon Valley's supremacy. The competition is also increasing ...
- Rising Cincinnati star startup Lisnr raises new round of capital Cincinnati Business Courier
A fast-growing Cincinnati startup has raised another round of funding, on top of $14 million the company has already garnered.
- EXCLUSIVE: Lisnr planning $6.9M headquarters in West End Cincinnati Business Courier
Fast-growing Cincinnati company Lisnr was awarded tax incentives on Monday for a planned $6.9 million headquarters in Over-the-Rhine.
- CNBC calls Cincinnati one of best cities for startups Cincinnati Business Courier
CNBC, already no stranger to Cincinnati startups after naming one of them to its Disruptor 50 list, has taken a broader look at the Queen City and is now calling it ...
- EPS for EQM Midstream Partners, LP (EQM) Expected At $1.27; Diker Management Has Lifted Its Live Nation Entertainment In (LYV) Stake The Yomi Blog
Analysts expect EQM Midstream Partners, LP (NYSE:EQM) to report $1.27 EPS on February, 21.They anticipate $0.01 EPS change or 0.78% from last quarter's ...
- These 28-Year-Olds Have A Plan To Make 1 Million Millennials Homeowners In 5 Years Forbes
Find out what the founders of Remodelmate want to do in five years for 1 million millennials buying their first home.
- From Debt to a $62.5M Startup: Rodney Williams on His ‘Internet of Sound’ Software ETF Trends
I was in debt, I had depleted my savings… I maxed out every credit card that I could.” From having a comfortable six-figure corporate job at Procter & Gamble to ...
- Axel Capital Management Has Boosted Its Position in Live Nation Entertainment In (LYV) as Market Valuation Rose; Facebook (FB) Stock Value Declined While Beach Investment Counsel Decreased by $13.95 Million Its Position The Hi New Ulm
Axel Capital Management Llc increased its stake in Live Nation Entertainment In (LYV) by 125% based on its latest 2018Q3 regulatory filing with the SEC.
- Forget Silicon Valley, these 7 cities are great for start-ups CNBC
Cities like San Francisco and New York are magnets for entrepreneurs, but the competition among start-ups is tough and everything is expensive. So where else ...
- Global Automotive Electronics Market Insights 2019-2025: 3M, General Electric, aecouncil, Lisnr, Quanergy Industry News Report
The global “Automotive Electronics market” research report is crafted with the concise assessment and extensive understanding of the realistic data of the global ...
- Inno Blazers: Meet the Category Winners of Cincy Inno's 50 on Fire [Photos] American Inno
On Sept. 27, Cincy Inno came to Union Hall in to celebrate the 50 on Fire 2018 winners at our inaugural 50 on Fire awards event. It was a celebration of the ...
- Lisnr raises $10 million Series B round - Cincinnati Business Courier Cincinnati Business Courier
Cincinnati audio technology startup Lisnr has raised a $10 million round of funding led by one of the biggest tech firms in the United States.
- 45. LISNR CNBC
Unlike Bluetooth or Wi-Fi, LISNR just needs sound to make a connection, turning any speaker into a beacon that can deliver relevant info to the user.
- How I Arrived at My Big Idea Forbes Now
Rodney Williams, CEO and Founder of LISNR, leads one of the most disruptive companies in mobile connectivity and the Internet of Things. In this column ...
- BE Modern Man Spotlights - The Ad Men: Meet Rodney Williams Black Enterprise
BE Modern Man Spotlights a few of the advertising and marketing industry ad men.
- 9 startups and the lowdown on how their ambitious business plans are faring WCPO Cincinnati
A progress report on nine of the 75 startups that WCPO.com has reported on in the last year, including LISNR, Feasty and Gamejoule.
- Kirkland"s, Inc. (KIRK) EPS Estimated At $1.11; Sterling Capital Management Has Lowered Its Live Nation Entertainment In (LYV) Stake Lives Advice
Analysts expect Kirkland's, Inc. (NASDAQ:KIRK) to report $1.11 EPS on March, 15.They anticipate $0.32 EPS change or 40.51% from last quarter's $0.79 EPS.
- How Lisnr CEO Rodney Williams Plans To Use Crypto In His Firms: Black Tech Week 2018 Moguldom
Rodney Williams has a strong opinion on cryptocurrency, as in “don't put your money in nothing you don't understand.” As Williams paces across the stage at ...
- Lisnr lures exec from one of America's largest music tech companies: EXCLUSIVE - Cincinnati Business Courier Cincinnati Business Courier
Cincinnati startup Lisnr has hired a new president who cut his teeth growing one of the country's largest music tech companies into a $250 million business.
- When Wi-Fi Won't Work, Let Sound Carry Your Data WIRED
Birds encode data in their chirps. Now businesses are encoding data in sound waves, as a way to authenticate users, pair devices, and complete other tasks.
- Here are Ohio's 50 most-promising startups, according to VentureOhio Columbus Business First
The organization dedicated to growing Ohio's entrepreneurial ecosystem has released a new list identifying the state's most-promising startup companies.
- Cincinnati-based financial tech startup raises $1.2 million Cincinnati Business Courier
A Cincinnati-based financial tech startup that aims to help users secure low-dollar loans without having to resort to a payday lender raised $1.2 million in venture ...
- Lisnr joining accelerator run by Techstars and R/GA - Cincinnati Business Courier Cincinnati Business Courier
Cincinnati-based tech startup Lisnr is joining one of the nation's top accelerators. Lisnr is joining a program run by No. 2-ranked seed-stage startup accelerator ...
- Meet the 2018 CNBC Disruptor 50 companies CNBC
In the sixth annual Disruptor 50 list, CNBC features private companies — from biotech and machine learning to transportation and retail and even exploring ...
- 2 big reasons high-profile start-ups attract top talent despite US skills gap crisis CNBC
High-profile successful start-ups say attracting top talent has gotten easier. But for the average small business, finding great talent is still their No. 1 problem.
- How silent signals from your phone could be recording and tracking you The Conversation AU
Inaudible sounds are being used to transmit data from our devices. While not new technology, these ultrasonic beacons may be in breach of laws regarding ...
- Lisnr CEO Rodney Williams joins UC trustees Cincinnati.com
Rodney Williams, co-founder and CEO of Cincinnati-based startup Lisnr, was appointed as the newest member of the University of Cincinnati Board of Trustees ...
- The Queen City Quarterly Report: Cincinnati's Q4 Deals and Fundings American Inno
As Q4 wraps up, we bid farewell to the last three months of Cincy innovation with our Queen City Quarterly Report, a roundup of the fundings, deals, mergers ...
- #CultureHouse Brings More than Culture to SXSW Black Enterprise
There were tons of activations this year that reflected black culture at SXSW, much more than we've seen in the past, but Culture House claims to have done ...
- Three Cincinnati startups accepted into Techstars, nation's largest accelerator program Cincinnati Business Courier
Three Cincinnati startups, the most in a single year for the city, are entering Techstars, a top-rated and the nation's largest accelerator program.
- Eye on POS Terminals: Equinox Sounds Out Payments; Verifone Helps the Blind Make a Payment; Ingenico's Semi-Integrated Service Digital Transactions
Point-of-sale terminal maker Equinox Payments announced an audible way to pay with the integration of LISNR ultrasonic technology. Phoenix-based Equinox ...
- LISNR's Ultrasonic Technology Named CES Innovation Award Honoree Tech.Co
LISNR is developing a truly innovative ultrasonic technology, with many applications in the real world. Now, it was named to the CES 2017 Innovation Award.
- As Express Sc (ESRX) Stock Value Rose, Lingohr & Partner Asset Management Gmbh Cut by $316,592 Its Position; Ngam Advisors LP Has Lowered Its Holding in Live Nation Entertainment (LYV) by $1.67 Million as Stock Rose Thе Mоnіtоr
Lingohr & Partner Asset Management Gmbh decreased its stake in Express Sc (ESRX) by 14.95% based on its latest 2018Q3 regulatory filing with the SEC.
- 7 tech companies you need to know Rolling Out
Often overlooked, but never outdone, people of color are taking matters into their own hands by starting their own organizations and tech and software ...
- 2018 Is Shaping Up as a Pivotal Year for African-American Entrepreneurship Entrepreneur
According to the U.S. Black Chamber of Commerce, “African-American businesses have grown at an exponential rate in the 21st century.” Four months in and ...
- With Beacons And Audio, LISNR Uses Proximity Marketing To Amplify Listeners Forbes
Armed with audio-beacon and smart app engine technology, Cincinnati-based startup LISNR has capitalized on this extra limb by providing consumers with ...
- Cincinnati foodie tech startup shutters Cincinnati Business Courier
A Cincinnati tech startup that aimed to incentivize diners to patronize their favorite restaurants has closed up shop for good.
- Forbes Announces Speaker Lineup For The Inaugural Forbes I.D.E.A Summit -- An Event Focused On Diversity And Inclusion In Business Forbes Now
Featured speakers include Jesse Williams, Actor & Activist; Tina Tchen, Former Chief of Staff to Michelle Obama; Antonio Lucio, Chief Marketing ...
- Why Every Founder Needs A Wingman Forbes Now
Founders have a role, too. They need to understand that a wingman needs the latitude to speak truth to power, and that they're driven by many of the same ...
- CincyTech set to make its next big move (Video) - Cincinnati Business Courier Cincinnati Business Courier
CincyTech has had plenty of big successes of late from its seed-capital investments. VIDEO.
- As Sunstone Hotel Invs New (SHO) Market Value Declined, Apg Asset Management Us Has Boosted by $338,544 Its Position; Live Nation Entertainment In (LYV) Valuation Rose While Ibis Capital Partners Llp Upped Stake by $732,942 D Minute
Apg Asset Management Us Inc increased its stake in Sunstone Hotel Invs Inc New (SHO) by 0.74% based on its latest 2018Q3 regulatory filing with the SEC.
- As Live Nation Entmt (LYV) Stock Value Rose, Bluestein RH & Company Lifted Its Holding by $764,640; Goldman Sachs Group (GS) Stock Price Declined While CM Bidwell & Associates LTD Has Upped by $407,680 Its Holding D Minute
Bluestein R H & Company increased its stake in Live Nation Entmt Inc (LYV) by 2.77% based on its latest 2018Q3 regulatory filing with the SEC. Bluestein R H ...
- 10 startups outside Silicon Valley to watch in 2018 VentureBeat
Earlier this week, I wrote that the two questions I get most frequently from people who are interested in learning about Heartland Tech are about what cities they ...
- LISNR aims to disrupt Bluetooth: Founder CNBC
CNBC Disruptor LISNR sends messages over ultrasonic waves, turning microphones into communications devices.
- EXCLUSIVE: The newest evolution of the Brandery names a leader Cincinnati Business Courier
The newest investment venture for the organization that formerly ran the top-ranked Brandery accelerator has a new leader.
- ArtsWave event seeks tech solutions to some of the arts' biggest problems Cincinnati Business Courier
An ArtsWave event taking place this weekend is seeking to engage the tech community to solve some of the biggest problems arts groups face.
- Analysts See $0.39 EPS for Globant SA (GLOB); Live Nation Entertainment (LYV) Has 1.05 Sentiment Port Courier
Analysts expect Globant S.A. (NYSE:GLOB) to report $0.39 EPS on February, 21.They anticipate $0.09 EPS change or 30.00% from last quarter's $0.3 EPS.
- Choosing The Right Investor: More Science Than Art Forbes Now
Any venture-backed startup founder knows that choosing the right investor is just as important as building the right team. I've seen my fair share of great ...
- CNBC lists Chattanooga as one of the best cities for start-ups WRCB-TV
Chattanooga listed by CNBC as one of seven cities that are shining bright for start-ups.
- With Lisnr, Ticketmaster could soon use audio data as your ticket to a concert Digital Trends
Lisnr's new "smart tones" technology purports to transmit data between devices, which could mean the end to long queues and impatient fans.
- A look back at the CNBC Disruptor 50: 6 years, 167 companies CNBC
A brief history of the CNBC Disruptor 50 list, with details on every start-up to make the list between 2013 and 2018.
- Pay By Sound: It’s Back! PYMNTS.com
Swipe to pay, EMV chip cards, QR codes and even near field communication (NFC) are about to be old news. LISNR has introduced Internet of Sound payment ...
- R/GA stays ahead of the curve with its global accelerator network The Architect's Newspaper
The Architect's Newspaper is the most authoritative voice on architecture and design in the United States.
- Work Life 10 CEOs Predict What We'll All Be Talking About A Year From Now Fast Company
We asked CEOs across a wide range of industries to put on their futurist hats and predict which issues and ideas we'll be debating by this time next year.
- Audio ticketer Lisnr welcomes new investment IQ Magazine
Lisnr, the Cincinnati start-up whose audio technology is being utilised for Ticketmaster Presence, has secured new strategic investment from consumer financial ...
- Introducing Cincy Inno's Inaugural 50 on Fire American Inno
In the 11 month since Cincy Inno's official debut, we've published more than 175 original stories to showcase the people, companies and trends that are helping ...
- Cincinnati startup has teachers rowing across ocean, running Appalachian Trail Cincinnati Business Courier
A Cincinnati educational tech startup has teachers running the Appalachian Trail and rowing across an ocean to create lessons for their students.
- Jillian Zatta of Lisnr finds community and pride in Cincinnati Soapbox Cincinnati
Jillian Zatta, head of business development for Cincinnati start-up Lisnr, is enthusiastic and energetic. She has a palpable vibe of excitement that is easy to ...
- FinTech among topics to covered by industry masters at Tech Beach Jamaica Observer
Financial innovation is often referred to as 'FinTech' — a portmanteau of the words finance and technology which has been, and will continue to be, a focal point ...
- These were Cincinnati’s biggest venture capital deals of 2017 Cincinnati Business Courier
Tech, medical and consumer goods companies were among the biggest recipients of venture capital in 2017 as Cincinnati's startup community continued to soar ...
- Local startup Lisnr finds a home with Techstars and R/GA Soapbox Cincinnati
Lisnr, a well-established Cincinnati startup, has decided to join forces with national accelerator Techstars and design and advertising firm R/GA to further the ...
- Too many startup names are nonsense, and too many Columbus drivers are bad - plus switching to fall beers - Columbus Business First Columbus Business First
Let's play a game of word association: Ethex, Oros, Oris and Xact – what do all these words have in common? Villians in recent Marvel Comics movies?
- Parnassus Investments Maintains Holding in Hologic (HOLX); Live Nation Entertainment In (LYV) Holder Ibis Capital Partners Llp Raised Its Stake by $732,942 as Shares Rose The FinReviewer
Parnassus Investments increased its stake in Hologic Inc. (HOLX) by 0.58% based on its latest 2018Q3 regulatory filing with the SEC. Parnassus Investments ...
- Is your company looking for a solution to a problem? Maybe a hackathon is your answer WCPO Cincinnati
Companies are increasingly turning to weekend marathon events, such as hackathons and data jams, to generate new ideas or solutions to problems, both from ...
- How Sound Will Shape The Advertising Industry Forbes
LISNR is making a bet that using sound as a data delivery system can radically change how marketers access audiences and what value they can then add.
- Digital Diversity Network to Celebrate the 3rd Annual Innovation & Inclusion Awards Honorees with a Reception at Galvanize NYC on Thursday, October 18 PR Web
Special recognitions to be conferred upon top executives from Google, LISNR, Mercer and Vimeo. Ceremony to include select honorees in fireside chats with ...
- Cincy Inno's 25 Under 25 American Inno
With Cincy Inno's first-ever 25 Under 25 list, we take a few moments to celebrate some of those entrepreneurs — the most illustrious members of the ecosystem's ...
- Event-goers check in with audio data from their phones Tech Xplore
(Tech Xplore)—If you hate the hassles associated with long lines at events, technology can make your event arrivals easy going. Something that has to do with ...
- Edgy new startups like Juble it! are diversifying Cincinnati's tech ecosystem WCPO Cincinnati
Cincinnati tech entrepreneurs are designing and building what's next: the X in disruptive technology and changing the internet of data, food media and ...
- Black-Founded MoviePass Becomes Fastest-Growing Entertainment Subscription Service News One
MoviePass—a Black-founded ticketing platform—recently became the fastest-growing entertainment subscription *service* in history.
- 10 Ways Your Startup Can Rise Above The Noise At SXSW Forbes
To stand out at SXSW, you have to do more than just show up.
- CNBC ANNOUNCES SPEAKER LINEUP FOR DISRUPTOR 50 ROADSHOW CNBC
Half-Day Event Featuring Disruptor 50 Companies to Be Held on May 23rd in Los Angeles. Keynote Interview with Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti.
- DSP Group and LISNR partner to develop audio as data transmission solution KnowTechie
When we think about data transmission, audio hardly comes to mind as a means of doing so. But a partnership between LISNR and DSP Group is changing that.
- 10 audio marketing trends for 2018 SmartBrief
Audio-based user experiences are stepping into the spotlight as a *fresh* medium for sensory stimuli, and brands are taking notice. With the recent innovations in ...
- Entrepreneurs and investors offer advice to startups: Think big and think globally Crain's Cleveland Business
During last week's Ohio Venture Summit, leaders from CoverMyMeds and firms across Ohio described the mindset needed to achieve huge exits.
- Website ranks Cincinnati’s 10 hottest startups Cincinnati Business Courier
An international technology website focusing on global innovation has released its list of 10 hottest startups in Cincinnati. The list comes from Geektime, based ...
- Cleveland venture capital firm investing millions in Cincinnati startups Cincinnati Business Courier
A Cleveland venture capital firm has made two big investments in Cincinnati startup companies, with several more on the way.
- City Spotlight: Cincinnati isn't what most people expect | CMO Strategy AdAge.com
"Welcome to Cincinnati—Branding Capital of the World," read a sign at Brandemonium's first conference, held last year. That wasn't meant as hyperbole.
- The 5 Coolest Startups We Discovered at TechCrunch Disrupt NY Observer
The best startups we found at TechCrunch Disrupt NY 2017 include RecordGram, Exchimp, Lisnr, Brightlamp and Rentah.
- 9. Rent the Runway CNBC
Subscription clothing company Rent the Runway has grown to more than 6 million members and north of $100 million in revenue since its launch in 2009.
- For Students By Students "The Sports and Entertainment Summit at Howard University School of Business" CampusLATELY
Howard University's students have organized their own 2-day conference to learn from and network with professionals in the Sports and Entertainment industry.
- Hilton accepts pitches in push to become ‘most innovative’ hotel brand Washington Business Journal
Hilton's on a hunt. The McLean-based hotel company is searching for the coolest, most innovative tech products around — so it opened an Innovation Gallery at ...
- Cincinnati launches Midwest's first women and minority tech startup accelerator, Hillman Accelerator (Video) - Cincinnati Business Courier Cincinnati Business Courier
A new startup accelerator focused on helping women and minorities who have founded tech companies has launched in downtown Cincinnati. The Hillman ...
- Five Leading-Edge Technology Innovations Spotted at 2018 BPAMA Convention CSNews Online
PHOENIX — Consumers are getting more tech-savvy and they are demanding that the companies they deal with follow suit. This includes convenience channel ...