Civic Eagle is a SaaS for political and policy advocacy. We use machine learning to help you track policies, predict policy outcomes, and measure the potential impact on the communities you serve at the Federal, State, and local levels of government. We help you manage the stakeholders of your organization more effectively with our industry leading engagement toolkit. White-label our award winning mobile application and help the communities you serve become educated on policy, provide video testimonials, and engage with their elected officials.
- Profile in Excellence: Shawntera Hardy | Business | insightnews.com Insight News
In the early nineties in Youngstown, Ohio, sixth grader Shawntera Hardy made a contractual investment that would change the trajectory of her life.
- Historic Eagle Cotton Mill will be transformed in Madison Batesville Herald Tribune
The historic Eagle Cotton Mill building along the Ohio River in downtown Madison will be rehabilitated, according to officials at Riverton LLC, in collaboration ...
- Government Oversight: Business leaders weigh in on politics Dothan Eagle
One of the more fascinating aspects of the Dothan Area Chamber of Commerce's annual Eggs and Issues legislative breakfast occurs before the meeting begins ...
- Southeast Alabama Dance Company puts its spin on Barnum tribute Dothan Eagle
When Ashlie Wells attended one of the final performances of the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus in 2017, she felt inspired.
- Government Oversight: Historic Preservation Commission debates enforcement, education procedures Dothan Eagle
While the action items of any of Dothan's government meetings are often what attract media and residents, sometimes the discussion portions yield equally ...
- Business leaders suggest Illinois budget cut, tax hike Bryan-College Station Eagle
CHICAGO (AP) — A combination of tax increases and budget cuts of $8 billion are being proposed by a group of Chicago businessmen to fix Illinois' finances.
- Hundreds attend 21st annual Bridal Extravaganza | Business Dothan Eagle
The 21st annual Bridal Extravaganza sponsored by the Dothan Eagle brought dozens of wedding-related vendors to the Dothan Civic Center Sunday afternoon.
- Nicaragua: New talks explored but opposition sets conditions Wichita Eagle
Nicaragua says it has held talks on restarting a long-stalled dialogue following political violence that left more than 300 dead last year, but opposition groups ...
- 'Taste of Madison' chases away winter blues March 18 New Jersey Hills
MADISON – The end of the winter doldrums is in sight.
- Business Calendar | Calendar Winston-Salem Journal
Networking referral groups of the Winston-Salem Chamber of Commerce meet regularly at the following times: Triad Synergy, 8 to 9 a.m. Tuesday; Lions, 3:30 to ...
- US warns Hungary, other allies to shun business with Huawei Reading Eagle
U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo says that America might be forced to scale back certain operations in Europe and elsewhere if countries continue to do ...
- With a little help from our friends | Editorials Dothan Eagle
One might think there's nothing unusual about a truck pulling up to a school building to deliver boxes of supplies. They would have been wrong on Tuesday.
- Sedgwick County Commission moves to hire familiar face as new manager without a search Wichita Eagle
The Sedgwick County Commission moved to hire Tom Stolz to replace Michael Scholes, the county manager who was forced out in December.
- Project to Transform Historic Madison Mill Inside INdiana Business
A collaboration has been formed to rehabilitate the historic Eagle Cotton Mill along the Ohio river in downtown Madison. Riverton LLC has joined forces with the ...
- Insuring against risk for more than 90 years: 'That's what we're here for' Dothan Eagle
Ben Slingluff told Slingluff United Insurance staff members to come to work the morning after Hurricane Michael only if they felt safe doing so.
- Olympic volunteers: One-time chance, or exploitation? Wichita Eagle
Olympic volunteers: Is it a case of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, or economic exploitation.
- Longtime San Francisco Giants owner Peter Magowan dies Wichita Eagle
Peter Magowan, the lifelong Giants fan who formed the ownership group that kept the team in San Francisco with a sparkling waterfront ballpark, died Sunday ...
- Zimbabwe leader: Violence by security forces 'unacceptable' Wichita Eagle
Zimbabwe's president on Tuesday said "unacceptable" violence by security forces will be investigated after a days-long crackdown on economic unrest, while a ...
- Our Opinion: Reviving historic Mohawk would boost North Adams Berkshire Eagle
On Thursday, North Adams Mayor Thomas Bernard delivered his annual State of the City address to a group of citizens and dignitaries, and as such speeches ...
- San Diego mayor unveils plan to integrate immigrants Wichita Eagle
San Diego's Republican mayor has unveiled an ambitious plan to integrate immigrants and hire a manager to oversee the effort.
- Killeen helps support revitalization of downtown area Wichita Eagle
In a quiet corner of downtown Killeen, one man's vision is slowly coming together as part of a renovated structure.
- Progressive politician seeks Polish ‘Spring’ with new party Wichita Eagle
A former Polish lawmaker who is openly gay has launched a progressive party ahead of two upcoming elections, presenting a program that includes phasing out ...
- St. Louis broadcaster will temporarily leave anchor desk Wichita Eagle
A St. Louis newscaster who uttered what he called an unintentional racial slur while discussing Martin Luther King Jr. says he will step away from the anchor ...
- Capitol Watch: Glass ceiling in Albany gets cracked open Wichita Eagle
In New York state government news, the gender mix of Albany's often-criticized "three men in a room" method for reaching spending and legislative agreements ...
- County Fare | Black Excellence Awards for 2 Berkshire activists Berkshire Eagle
Pittsfield residents Ty Allan Jackson and Shirley Edgerton were honored at the Statehouse on Monday with the 2019 Black Excellence on the Hill Award.
- GPICA elects board members Pine Island Eagle
The Greater Pine Island Civic Association held its monthly meeting last Tuesday to elect five new members to its board of director.
- Kaepernick murals spring up in Atlanta after art demolished Wichita Eagle
An Atlanta artist says a building with his mural of Colin Kaepernick was destroyed days before the Super Bowl, so eight more are being made.
- Commentary: Want to stop fake news? Pay for the real thing Republican Eagle
Facebook and Google have been brutal to the news business. But this primarily reflects a failure of imagination. The tech giants are the world's best distribution ...
- Opposition parties jittery of Buhari's footprints in Niger Delta – Dokubo The Eagle Online
The Special Adviser to the President on Niger Delta and Coordinator, Amnesty Programme, Prof. Charles Dokubo, has expressed dismay over unverified posts ...
- Greely's unbeaten girls' basketball team getting even better for playoffs Press Herald
The Greely High girls' basketball team was clearly the best in the area in the regular season. Not only did the Rangers earn the top seed in Class A South with ...
- Park house removal 'big win' for Railroad Historical Center Wichita Eagle
What happens when an ambitious plan to celebrate a city's past meets present circumstances that stand in the way?.
- Political Tech Company Uses AI to Aid Advocacy Campaigns American Inno
Just when you thought politics couldn't become anymore nuanced, there's Civic Eagle, a tech startup founded by four African Americans that uses artificial ...
- Byron, Bowman start from front row in 61st Daytona 500 WCTI12.com
William Byron will start from the pole in the 61st running of the Daytona 500, combining with teammate Alex Bowman to create the youngest front row in the ...
- Little League sign-ups this Thursday and Saturday Pine Island Eagle
Pine Island Little League will be holding sign-ups for its Spring Season in the upcoming weeks.
- Historic Eagle Cotton Mill to Undergo Major Upgrades Building Indiana
Riverton LLC, the city of Madison, and the IEDC announced plans to rehabilitate the historic Eagle Cotton Mill building in downtown Madison.
- North Carolina editorial roundup Wichita Eagle
Summary of recent North Carolina newspaper editorials.
- Howard Happenings | News, Sports, Jobs Lock Haven Express
MISSIONS TRIP: Yancy Sagastume, owner of Brothers Pizza in Howard, is planning a missions trip to Honduras and is leaving on Feb. 27. Yancy would like to ...
- Study forecasts how bad Roaring Fork Valley's affordable housing shortage will be by 2027 Aspen Times
A final draft of regional affordable-housing needs has been released and it paints a grim picture. There is expected to be a deficit of 5700 units for households ...
- DDA backs civic square proposal | Business Traverse City Record Eagle
TRAVERSE CITY — Downtown officials are hip to the idea of a civic square.
- Redeeming the Cyclorama: Why the century-old attraction is anything but a monument to the Confederacy Atlanta Magazine
In the fall of 1892, a series of advertisements appeared in the Atlanta Constitution promoting a colossal 360-degree painting depicting the Battle of Atlanta.
- The spin on skating: Area's lakes, bays gave winter pastime early boost Traverse City Record Eagle
TRAVERSE CITY — Many “Up North” residents will literally skate through winter, their blades slicing across ice, brisk air reddening their cheeks.
- WillowWorks Invests in Civic Eagle PR Web
WillowWorks and Civic Eagle announce strategic partnership. Civic Eagle is a tech startup based in St. Paul, Minneapolis focused on making legislative ...
- Earthquake-Weary Alaskans Still Grappling With Damage | Business News U.S. News & World Report
Life is beginning to return to normal in Alaska following the powerful earthquake, but people were still grappling with damage that closed public buildings and ...
- Backstage Capital Invests in Civic Eagle and HabitAware American Inno
Two local startups have received funding from Backstage Capital, a Los Angeles, California-based venture capital firm that has been making headlines ...
- Honda Manufacturing Of Indiana Marks 10 Years Eagle 99.3 FM WSCH
Lawrenceburg's $10 million grant to Greensburg helped lure Honda to Indiana.
- Americaneagle.com opens 100-person downtown office to fuel continued growth Built In Chicago
Headquartered in Des Plaines, the web development firm launched a Chicago office this summer with room for 100 employees.
- Pioneering Detroit business, civic leader William Brooks dies at 85 Detroit Free Press
William C. “Bill” Brooks, a long-respected Detroit icon whose reputation as a fearless civil, political and business pioneer reverberated across the country, died ...
- TwentyTables takes first place at 2018 Startup Week DC pitch competition Technical.ly DC
Six tech startup founders got the opportunity to pitch to an audience and a panel of judges at the conclusion of this year's Startup Week DC. The final event took ...
- Visiting Our Past: Eagle Street business brimmed behind City Hall Asheville Citizen-Times
Asheville's main street for black-owned businesses was full of activity in the early to mid-20th century.
- Trump Taps Ex-Monsanto Executive to Lead Wildlife Agency U.S. News & World Report
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump says he will nominate a former executive at agribusiness giant Monsanto to head the Fish and Wildlife *Service*.
- Hyundai Elantra grows better established | Business Eagle-Tribune
Cars like the Honda Civic and Toyota Corolla don't travel with a lot of fanfare because they don't need to. They've attained the rarefied status of indispensable ...
- AMX celebrates 30 years with 30 kind acts | Business Dothan Eagle
Ashford-based Alabama Motor Express recently celebrated 30 years of existence and decided to celebrate with something more substantial than a cake and ...
- Connecticut Businesses Warned of Fake State Filing Scam U.S. News & World Report
HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) — Connecticut businesses are being warned about a bogus mailing from "Workplace Compliance Services" claiming a payment is ...
- Canada Court Halts Pacific Pipeline in Blow to Trudeau U.S. News & World Report
TORONTO (AP) — Canada's Federal Court of Appeal has quashed the approval of the contentious Trans Mountain pipeline expansion that would nearly triple ...
- 22 Innovative Technology Startups To Watch At CES 2019 Forbes
Of the more than 1100 startups that are coming to CES, here are 22 startup finalists that will pitch on stage at CES, competing at Richard Branson's Extreme ...
- Eagle Bancorp: 4Q Earnings Snapshot | Maryland News U.S. News & World Report
BETHESDA, Md. (AP) _ Eagle Bancorp Inc. (EGBN) on Wednesday reported fourth-quarter earnings of $40.3 million.
- Lawrence Partnership teams up with Harvard Business School Eagle-Tribune
LAWRENCE — Leaders from the front lines of grassroots organization to the upper echelons of real estate development in Lawrence are teaming up for an ...
- Second Lead-Poisoning Eagle Euthanized at Raptor Center U.S. News & World Report
ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) — The University of Minnesota Raptor Center has euthanized a second eagle this hunting season because of lead poisoning.
- Tender unreserved apology to Nigerian voters: CISLAC, Adamu urge INEC The Eagle Online
Nigerians have continued to react to the last minute postponement of the general elections by the Independent National Electoral Commission. By The Eagle ...
- Venture capitalist Arlan Hamilton on building an inclusive economy Minnesota Public Radio News
Venture capitalist Arlan Hamilton of Backstreet Capital speaks in the Twin Cities about building an inclusive economy. Only a few years ago, Arlan Hamilton was ...
- Kevin Schlueter: Volunteers drive our success | Business Traverse City Record Eagle
Another successful summer season is starting to wind down in the Grand Traverse region.
- Berks County loses noted business leader, community proponent Reading Eagle
Berks County has lost a noted business leader and community proponent. The death of Carl D. Herbein, 71, of Reading was announced Sunday in a statement ...
- Southeast Alabama Dance Company welcomes holidays with 'The Nutcracker' Dothan Eagle
The Christmas season would hardly be complete without a performance of “The Nutcracker.” The Southeast Alabama Dance Company has performed the ...
- Civic hears from county commission candidate Pine Island Eagle
Candidate for county commissioner Bill Taylor spoke at the Greater Pine Island Civic Association last Tuesday night, touting the need for better...
- Entertainers express disappointment over election postponement The Eagle Online
The Lagos State Government has issued *fresh* directives on the resumption of schools following the postponement of the general elections in the country by the ...
- Secretly Handmade for CIA: Pottery From Poland | Business News U.S. News & World Report
WARSAW, Poland (AP) — It was secret handiwork done for the CIA by experts in Poland: painted tableware with the intelligence agency's logo.
- 'If we are not making investments in our future, we will be in trouble': a Q&A with outgoing DEED Commissioner Shawntera Hardy MinnPost
Shawntera Hardy, the commissioner of the Department of Employment and Economic Development (DEED), is one of the many Cabinet members from Gov.
- CEO Talks: Carlos Jereissati Filho on 'Beautiful Coexistence,' Technology and Civic Duty WWD
The CEO of Brazil's Iguatemi Empresa de Shopping Centers SA discusses retail's changing realities, and his firm's experiential approach.
- Philip Stenger dies at 89, banker saluted as 'Brooklyn's Statesman' Brooklyn Daily Eagle
Philip F. Stenger, a business and civic leader in Downtown Brooklyn for more than half a century, died Friday, June 15 at his home in Wantagh. He was 89.
- Grey Eagle Distributors’ donations help aid the families of first responders St. Louis Business Journal
As the largest Anheuser-Busch wholesaler in Missouri, Grey Eagle Distributors for nearly 60 years has focused on giving back to St. Louis nonprofits that support ...
- Eagle Watching Event Set at Northern Indiana Reservoir U.S. News & World Report
PERU, Ind. (AP) — State wildlife officials are planning a bald eagle watching event at a northern Indiana reservoir that's a gathering spot for large numbers of the ...
- Massport makes first Seaport office deal with ‘public realm’ requirement The Boston Globe
The Massachusetts Port Authority is striking back to improve the look of what some critics have called “Houston-by-the-Sea.” The first concrete example: the ...
- Small Business Saturday celebrated in St. James City Pine Island Eagle
Last Saturday was Small Business Saturday for local businesse.
- Lawrence Partnership: Charting a course through disaster Eagle-Tribune
LAWRENCE – On Sept. 13, officials at Groundwork Lawrence were making final preparations for the annual late-summer cleanup of the Spicket River that ...
- Dothan’s New Year’s Eve Downtown Countdown expanding Dothan Eagle
Third time could be the charm for the New Year's Eve Downtown Countdown.
- Atlanta business leaders give thanks - Atlanta Business Chronicle Atlanta Business Chronicle
Hard-working metro Atlantans in business had a lot to be thankful for in 2018. In their own words in time for Thanksgiving, they share the personal triumphs and ...
- Bald-Eagle Watching Under Way in Illinois U.S. News & World Report
ROCK ISLAND, Ill. (AP) — The season for bald-eagle watching in Illinois takes off this month.
- 2016 Eureka! awards winner: Civic Eagle - Minneapolis / St. Paul Minneapolis / St. Paul Business Journal
Eureka! idea: The Eagle app helps promote civic engagement.
- U.S. Event, Market Closures for Funeral of Former President Bush U.S. News & World Report
NEW YORK (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump signed an order to close the federal government on Wednesday, Dec. 5, in a day of mourning for former ...
- Schipp Johnston named Business Person of Year at Florence Chamber luncheon SCNow
FLORENCE, S.C. – Schipp Johnston, the owner of Crown Beverages in Florence, was named the 2018 Business Person of the Year during the Greater Florence ...
- Barrington Stage Company, Williamstown Theatre Festival lead the field of Berkshire Theatre Awards nominees Berkshire Eagle
PITTSFIELD — Nominations for the Berkshire Theatre Critics Association's Third Annual Berkshire Theatre Awards — the "Berkies" — are in and Barrington ...
- Eagle Ford Shale in South Texas Sees Drilling Comeback U.S. News & World Report
CALDWELL, Texas (AP) — Three years ago, Allen Startz found himself in an unwanted kinship with thousands of other oilfield workers in South Texas' Eagle ...
- Trump Org: Presidential Seals at Golf Club Came From Members U.S. News & World Report
NEW YORK (AP) — The Trump Organization says replicas of the presidential seal displayed at one of its golf clubs were given to the company by club members ...
- Airlines, Consumer Groups Ready for Fight Over Proposed Bill U.S. News & World Report
As summer vacationers start to pack up and head home, Congress is considering a sweeping tally of proposals that could affect travelers, from dictating seat size ...
- Kansas Celebrates 30 Years of Documented Bald Eagle Nesting U.S. News & World Report
LAWRENCE, Kan. (AP) — About three decades ago, a remarkable ecological comeback started in Lawrence, local eagle biologist Mike Watkins said.
- The Latest: G20 Leaders Attend Show in Argentine Opera House U.S. News & World Report
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina (AP) — The Latest on the Group of 20 summit (all times local):
- Investor Arlan Hamilton urges peers to support diverse startups Finance and Commerce
Three years ago Arlan Hamilton was homeless and on a good day had $12 in the bank. Today she is founder and managing partner of Los Angeles-based ...
- Kentucky Parks Announce Dates for Eagle Watch Tours U.S. News & World Report
FRANKFORT, Ky. (AP) — The Kentucky Tourism, Arts and Heritage Cabinet has announced the dates for next year's Eagle Watch Weekends at state parks.
- Houston Chronicle Business News Deputy Named Beaumont Editor U.S. News & World Report
BEAUMONT, Texas (AP) — Ronnie Crocker has been promoted from deputy business news editor at the Houston Chronicle to editor of the Beaumont Enterprise ...
- How will Wichita respond to a 'wake-up call' for its economy? The Wichita Eagle
Residents and officials in the public and private sector agree that Wichita must change how it approaches growth - but what will that change look like?
- Eagle Rescued After Becoming Stranded on Sitka Power Pole U.S. News & World Report
SITKA, Alaska (AP) — Officials say an eagle is recovering after it became stranded on a power pole in downtown Sitka.
- Sunny future for Civic Center Park | Local News Traverse City Record Eagle
TRAVERSE CITY — Borrow a bike for your kid, munch on food truck grub, watch an outdoor play or do all three at once.
- Member of Congress, Member of Corporate Board? It's Allowed | Washington, DC News U.S. News & World Report
The indictment of Rep. Chris Collins on insider trading charges is drawing new attention to the freedom members of Congress have to serve on corporate boards ...
- AI and Personalized Learning That Goes Beyond Tech: The Latest Camelback Ventures Cohort EdSurge
Aaron Walker, founder and CEO of an incubator based in New Orleans called Camelback Ventures, believes there's talent everywhere. That's why his ...
- McCownGordon Construction selects former Associated space for new Old Town office The Wichita Eagle
One business' decision to not take the former Associated office in Old Town freed the more than 3,200-square-foot space for McCownGordon Construction, ...
- Iconic Dodge City moves its only polling place outside town Wichita Eagle
Access to the ballot box in November will be more difficult for some people in Dodge City, where Hispanics now make up 60 percent of its population and have ...
- Man Shoots Bald Eagle Over Dead Deer Used as Coyote Bait U.S. News & World Report
CAROLINE, N.Y. (AP) — State environmental conservation officials have charged an upstate New York man with fatally shooting a bald eagle drawn to dead ...
- Women's Civic League holds annual poinsettia sale The Herald Journal
The Women's Civic League is once again holding a fundraiser to bring some holiday cheer into local homes and businesses while raising money for the many ...
- Civic leader McGeary tapped for Arlington Business Hall of Fame Inside NoVA
Scott McGeary, who has spent most of his life in Arlington and long has been active in the civic and business arenas at the local, regional and state levels, will.
- Lawrenceburg Civic Park Groundbreaking Set For May 4 Eagle 99.3 FM WSCH
The civic park has been in the works for a couple years now.