Civic Eagle is a SaaS for political and policy advocacy. We use machine learning to help you track policies, predict policy outcomes, and measure the potential impact on the communities you serve at the Federal, State, and local levels of government. We help you manage the stakeholders of your organization more effectively with our industry leading engagement toolkit. White-label our award winning mobile application and help the communities you serve become educated on policy, provide video testimonials, and engage with their elected officials.
- Ahead Of Civic Park Opening, L'burg Redevelopment Commission Lands Restaurant Agreement Eagle 99.3 FM WSCH
Hrezo Engineering and the Lawrenceburg Redevelopment Commission reach a deal on turning the old firehouse into a trendy new restaurant.
- New England newspaper owner fights to save local journalism The Business Journal
It's a leap of faith at a time of relentlessly bad news for the local news industry: Newsroom employment down by nearly half over the past 15 years...
- Project finds many poor people still suffering in Georgia Wichita Eagle
A University of Georgia researcher says life has gotten worse for people who remain in poverty in Clarke County.
- Florida Land and Title – Making a difference in Marianna Dothan Eagle
You probably drive by Florida Land and Title most every day. However, have you ever thought about what an asset the business and family behind the business ...
- Indigenous artists, businesses will showcase work at first 'Trading... Jamestown Sun
FARGO — Indigenous business owners will gather Saturday afternoon, June 22, for the first-ever “Trading at the Red River” event — showcasing Native ...
- Apartments in Boise. Houses in Meridian. Rooftop dining in Eagle. What’s coming near you Idaho Statesman
Rooftop dining at a proposed Eagle restaurant. A subdivision in Meridian. A store with odd pets in Nampa. Our latest weekly roundup of new construction, ...
- Demolition Planned for Terra-Cotta Survivor and Its Neighbors in Downtown Brooklyn Brownstoner
A whimsical, early 20th century low-scale holdout may soon disappear from the increasingly tower-filled skyline of Downtown Brooklyn. Completed in 1911, the ...
- New England newspaper owners fight to save local journalism Brattleboro Reformer
PITTSFIELD, Mass. — The Berkshire Eagle has an expanded investigative team. There's a new 12-page lifestyle section for the Eagle's Sunday editions. There's ...
- Seattle DJC.com local business news and data - Business - Newspaper owner fights to save local journalism Seattle Daily Journal of Commerce
PITTSFIELD, Mass. — The Berkshire Eagle has an expanded investigative team. There's a new 12-page lifestyle section for the Eagle's Sunday editions. There's ...
- Business Calendar | Business Calendar Winston-Salem Journal
Networking referral groups of the Winston-Salem Chamber of Commerce meet regularly at the following times: Triad Synergy, 8 to 9 a.m. Tuesday; Lions, 3:30 to ...
- Lawrenceburg Main Street Invites You To Inside Out Project At New Civic Park Eagle 99.3 FM WSCH
The Inside Out Project portraits of area citizens will be lit up at night at the Lawrenceburg Civic Park through Friday, June 7.
- Rhode Island congressmen to meet with business leaders Reading Eagle
Rhode Island congressmen are meeting with business and community leaders to discuss issues facing the local business community and current events in ...
- Latest Hong Kong protest ends peacefully with demands unmet Wichita Eagle
Demonstrators in Hong Kong besieged police headquarters before ending a day of protests, their demands unmet.
- The Leadership Berks Class of 2019 drew working adults from local companies — and one stay-at-home dad Reading Eagle
The nine-month program designed to develop leaders has minted 961 ambitious, community-minded graduates since its inception in 1985.
- Building Permits: 06/14/2019 | Business Traverse City Record Eagle
Patrick Farris, 4569 Fairway Drive, Long Lake Township, outbuilding, $13920.
- Westville Road bridge in Plaistow to close June 25 Eagle-Tribune
PLAISTOW — The Westville Road bridge will be completely closed for construction starting June 25 through Aug. 24.
- 71% think local newspapers are doing OK financially. They're wrong. LancasterOnline
Across the United States, newspapers are disappearing. Over 60 dailies and 1700 weeklies have ceased publication since 2004 as the internet disrupted ...
- Apartments. Change at Whole Foods. What’s coming in Boise, Meridian, Eagle, Caldwell Idaho Statesman
Downtown Boise apartments. Renovations at Whole Foods. See what's coming near you in Boise, Meridian, Eagle, Kuna and Caldwell. Our latest weekly ...
- How Civic Eagle's pivot to B2B boosted revenue and won over investors Minneapolis / St. Paul Business Journal
Since early 2018, Civic Eagle has raised $600000 and has gone from zero to $8500 in monthly recurring revenue. It's also a part of Techstars' 2019 class.
- Where a Kohan-owned mall went to ground Berkshire Eagle
I was taking one last look across the 100-acre moonscape of the former Woodville Mall, not quite obeying no-trespassing signs, when a blue pickup pulled up ...
- Government Oversight: Houston County Commission may lease land to Dothan Downtown Redevelopment Authority Dothan Eagle
The Houston County Commission may consider an agreement with the Dothan Downtown Redevelopment Authority Monday that could improve the downtown ...
- Lamb Weston Opens Expanded Operations in Hermiston, Oregon Business Wire
Lamb Weston Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: LW) joined with community and civic leaders on June 13 to celebrate the completed expansion of its operations in Her.
- Former Thai Prime Minister Prem Tinsulanonda dies at 98 Wichita Eagle
Prem Tinsulanonda, who as army commander, prime minister and adviser to the royal palace was one of Thailand's most influential political figures over four ...
- Here's why Terry Gray is Dare County's Citizen of the Year The Outer Banks Voice
Gray refers to his wife Jane as a partner and supporter in virtually every aspect of his community work. More often than not, when we have a conversation with ...
- 2 men indicted in sidewalk shooting of Memphis civic leader Bryan-College Station Eagle
MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) — Two Tennessee men have been indicted on first-degree murder charges in the fatal shooting of a civic leader and former airline ...
- Major gift advances preeminence of FSU College of Business to honor FSU alumnus James M. Seneff Florida State News
A generous $5 million gift commitment from CNL Charitable Foundation, founded by alumnus James M. Seneff, will establish an honors program at the Florida ...
- Bobby James Sargent Daily Mountain Eagle
January 06, 1931 - June 02, 2019. Bobby James Sargent, 88, of Jasper, passed away on Sunday, June 2, 2019 at Shadescrest Nursing Home. Bob was a local ...
- Greater Enid Chamber of Commerce honors community members Enid News & Eagle
Greater Enid Chamber of Commerce honored members of the community at its annual meeting and banquet Tuesday night.
- Jeff Wassmer, CEO and founder of Spectrum | Firstperson Virginian-Pilot
He picked up the phone in his hotel room and dialed 1-800-incorporate, and that's how Spectrum Communications Inc. was born.
- A mall 'save' advances in 'River City' Berkshire Eagle
MASON CITY, Iowa — Two decades ago, Jean Thompson left her hometown here in north-central Iowa for a new life in Texas. A tragedy brought her back.
- Fireworks may get a lot more expensive soon. Here’s why, and how it affects you Wichita Eagle
Fireworks are included in a broad list of Chinese-made items that will be subject to a 25-percent tariff set to go into effect on July 1. Pyrotechnics companies are ...
- Alvernia elevates outgoing President Thomas Flynn to emeritus status Reading Eagle
It's the first time in the university's history that an individual in the role of president has received such a distinction.
- Editorials from around Pennsylvania Wichita Eagle
Editorials from around Pennsylvania: SPENDING $1 PER RESIDENT WILL HELP ENSURE ACCURATE CENSUS COUNT AND SAVE Pa. BILLIONS.
- Former Colgate plant could become hotel, commercial space Wichita Eagle
A former Colgate-Palmolive plant in southern Indiana could become the home of a hotel and residential and commercial space.
- McCann Awards & Scholarships Berkshire Eagle
Adam Ziarnik Memorial Scholarship: Ryan BednarzAdams Community Bashipnk Scholar: Emma Marino, Megan Goyette, Krista Furlon, Samuel Parks, Hope ...
- Chamber crowns new Mango Queen Pine Island Eagle
The Greater Pine Island Chamber of Commerce named the new Mango Queen at its monthly card exchange meeting Wednesday night at Century 21 Sunbelt.
- 800 gather to salute Alvernia's Tom Flynn Reading Eagle
The event raises $1.88 million for the Reading Collegiate Scholars Program.
- Bankruptcy Judge Approves Sale of Reading Eagle to Chain U.S. News & World Report
READING, Pa. (AP) — A federal judge says he intends to approve the sale of the Reading Eagle to a company known for taking over struggling newspapers and ...
- Ruthenberg: A poignant way to remember Joan Allen Edmond Sun
Joan was in frail health, but she was there, accompanied by her caretaker. She wasn't going to miss this, especially not at the ballpark that she and Paul gave to.
- What will Wichita’s riverfront look like in 100 years? The next several months could tell Wichita Eagle
A new “Riverfront Legacy Master Plan” is being designed by a group of local organizations and downtown boosters. The plan will examine what to do with ...
- Profile in Excellence: Shawntera Hardy | Business | insightnews.com Insight News
In the early nineties in Youngstown, Ohio, sixth grader Shawntera Hardy made a contractual investment that would change the trajectory of her life.
- Senior Expo sets record | Business Traverse City Record Eagle
TRAVERSE CITY — Marie Mayor and Cookie Kalember took stock of their stuffed cloth bags before leaving the 18th annual Ideas for Life Senior Expo.
- Meet Minne Inno's 2019 'Inno on Fire' Winners American Inno
Every story and newsletter published by Minne Inno seeks to highlight local individuals and businesses driving change in Minnesota. With our second annual ...
- Shawntera Hardy, Vivek Agrawal elected to MPR board of trustees Insight News
Minnesota Public Radio (MPR) has elected two new members to its board of trustees; Shawntera Hardy and Vivek Agrawal.
- Political Tech Company Uses AI to Aid Advocacy Campaigns American Inno
Just when you thought politics couldn't become anymore nuanced, there's Civic Eagle, a tech startup founded by four African Americans that uses artificial ...
- 22 Innovative Technology Startups To Watch At CES 2019 Forbes
Of the more than 1100 startups that are coming to CES, here are 22 startup finalists that will pitch on stage at CES, competing at Richard Branson's Extreme ...
- The Rising Black Founders Building In the South hypepotamus.com
In honor of Black History Month, Hype has put together a list of the South's next top black founders. Meet these inspiring entrepreneurs.
- Lawrenceburg Main Street Has Helped Downtown "Turn A Corner" Eagle 99.3 FM WSCH
After a successful 2018, the main street organization and downtown businesses aim to go to the next level in 2019.
- Use BQE rehab to get cars off DUMBO streets, groups say Brooklyn Daily Eagle
"Imagine Farragut residents trying to get to Downtown Brooklyn to work having a friendly, air pollution-free way to walk."
- Casey Cowell: Our greatest economic opportunity — water | Grand Traverse Business Traverse City Record Eagle
Our Great Lakes are the largest source of the world's surface *fresh* water — and Traverse City is right in the middle of it all. Lake Michigan always has been.
- Eagle County hosts Small Business Development Center in Edwards Vail Daily News
EDWARDS — A lot of people have great ideas that might make good business sense. But getting started — or growing — can be hard. That's where a Small ...
- 300 apartments, townhouses in Eagle were proposed. Criticism followed. Now they’re back Idaho Statesman
A Boise developer wants to build a high-density neighborhood with 216 apartments and 91 townhouses in Eagle. It would feature bike lanes and public park ...
- Ideas for Life Senior Expo returns | Business Traverse City Record Eagle
TRAVERSE CITY — Come for the freebies, stay for the information.
- Memoranda: 03/06/2019 | Business Traverse City Record Eagle
Senior Center Network Manager Lori Wells has been appointed to the State Advisory Council on Aging. The council is comprised of 40 members who serve as ...
- PHOTOS: Sneak Peek Of The Lawrenceburg Civic Park Eagle 99.3 FM WSCH
Construction is almost complete on the City of Lawrenceburg's new $6 million park.
- MediaNews Offers to Buy Reading Eagle Out of Bankruptcy U.S. News & World Report
READING, Pa. (AP) — A news media company with a history of taking over struggling newspapers and then cutting jobs has offered to buy the Reading Eagle ...
- Students create fishing lure company | Business Traverse City Record Eagle
TRAVERSE CITY — Two Traverse City Central High School students went fishing on Grand Traverse Bay and caught the entrepreneurial spirit.
- 'If we are not making investments in our future, we will be in trouble': a Q&A with outgoing DEED Commissioner Shawntera Hardy MinnPost
Shawntera Hardy, the commissioner of the Department of Employment and Economic Development (DEED), is one of the many Cabinet members from Gov.
- Business people Minneapolis Star Tribune
Moving up. Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, named Jamica Quillin assistant vice president and associate director of the office of minority and women ...
- 200 people attend largest abandoned vehicles auction in Reading towing company's history Reading Eagle
Vince's Towing & Recovery is a kind of halfway house for vehicles that are illegally parked, owned by people who didn't pay their parking tickets, or that are ...
- De Blasio appoints slate of activists to NYC's new Civic Engagement Commission Brooklyn Daily Eagle
Mayor Bill de Blasio announced his pick of eight new members of the city's new Civic Engagement Commission on Tuesday. All of his choices are activists with ...
- Venturi named Small Business of the Year | Business Traverse City Record Eagle
TRAVERSE CITY — The Traverse City Area Chamber of Commerce named Venturi its 2019 Hagerty Small Business of the Year. The award was presented ...
- Beer distributor makes $13 million purchase of Raleigh facility Triangle Business Journal
One of the largest beer and wine distributors in North Carolina now owns a prominent Raleigh distribution center.
- After 151 years of local ownership Reading Eagle
State leaders, local readers and community news makers reflect on the paper's past and look at what's in store for the future.
- Venture capitalist Arlan Hamilton on building an inclusive economy Minnesota Public Radio News
Venture capitalist Arlan Hamilton of Backstreet Capital speaks in the Twin Cities about building an inclusive economy. Only a few years ago, Arlan Hamilton was ...
- Hyundai Elantra grows better established | Business Eagle-Tribune
Cars like the Honda Civic and Toyota Corolla don't travel with a lot of fanfare because they don't need to. They've attained the rarefied status of indispensable ...
- Historic Eagle Cotton Mill will be transformed in Madison Batesville Herald Tribune
The historic Eagle Cotton Mill building along the Ohio River in downtown Madison will be rehabilitated, according to officials at Riverton LLC, in collaboration ...
- Southeast Alabama Dance Company puts its spin on Barnum tribute Dothan Eagle
The Southeast Alabama Dance Company will present “The Greatest Show” at the Dothan Civic Center March 7-10.
- Young entrepreneurs sweep into Suttons Bay | Grand Traverse Business Traverse City Record Eagle
Editor's note: This article was published in Grand Traverse Business magazine's Winter 2019 issue. For more stories from the magazine, click here to read GT ...
- Seven Bald Eagles Dead After Poisonings U.S. News & World Report
Authorities believe the birds were poisoned by a banned pesticide.
- Honda Manufacturing Of Indiana Marks 10 Years Eagle 99.3 FM WSCH
Lawrenceburg's $10 million grant to Greensburg helped lure Honda to Indiana.
- Reading Eagle Newspaper Gets 'Multiple Bids' | Pennsylvania News U.S. News & World Report
READING, Pa. (AP) — A bid deadline is nearing for the Reading Eagle newspaper, whose owners recently filed for bankruptcy protection.
- Don Owens named Dothan Chamber’s Small Business Person of the Year Dothan Eagle
Don Owens, owner of Dothan Powersports, has been named the Dothan Area Chamber of Commerce 2019 Small Business Person of the Year.
- Bald Eagle Deaths Are Rare, but Not in This Part of Maryland U.S. News & World Report
BALTIMORE (AP) — A once-common farm pesticide killed millions of birds before the U.S. government took steps to restrict its use in the 1990s and ban it in ...
- Pioneering Detroit business, civic leader William Brooks dies at 85 Detroit Free Press
William C. “Bill” Brooks, a long-respected Detroit icon whose reputation as a fearless civil, political and business pioneer reverberated across the country, died ...
- Eagle With 8-Foot Wing Span Crashes Into Alaska Home U.S. News & World Report
KODIAK, Alaska (AP) — Everyone's had uninvited guests unexpectedly crash at the house, but an eagle took such a scenario to new heights in Kodiak.
- Teamwork makes Lawrence a city on the move The Boston Globe
In office buildings throughout the city, few Boston business leaders have Lawrence on the brain. A city of 80,000 just 30 miles north of Boston, this old mill city is ...
- Tom's Food Markets to close Acme store | Business Traverse City Record Eagle
ACME — Tom's is closing its Acme store. Tom's Food Markets, Inc. President Christy Kuhnke said in a release that it no longer is economically feasible to ...
- Officials: Eagle Fed Fish Snagged With Hooks, Line to Eaglet U.S. News & World Report
PITTSBURGH (AP) — Authorities say a bald eagle carried a fish snagged with multiple hooks and fishing line back to its Pittsburgh nest and fed it to one of the ...
- 100 women you should invite to speak at your next Twin Cities tech event Minneapolis / St. Paul Business Journal
Editor's note: This story comes from our online sister publication, Minne Inno, which focuses on the Twin Cities startup scene. Want more stories about tech and ...
- Cheyenne business leaders honored at annual Chamber banquet Wyoming Tribune
CHEYENNE – Local businesswoman Linda Weppner was recognized as the Greater Cheyenne Chamber of Commerce's 2018 Person of the Year on Friday.
- Bankruptcy court approves initial loan to keep Reading Eagle Company operating Reading Eagle
The company is borrowing $550000 from Black Walnut Media LLC.
- Pugsley redevelopment proceeds, Kmart out | Business Traverse City Record Eagle
KINGSLEY — More than two years after it ceased housing prisoners, the Pugsley Correctional Facility will soon be the site of activity of a different variety.
- Eagle honored with John F. Kennedy Commonwealth Award Berkshire Eagle
BOSTON — The Berkshire Eagle has received the 2019 John F. Kennedy Commonwealth Award for 'demonstrating the enduring civic value of community ...
- Lead Kills 1st Yellowstone Golden Eagle Fitted With Tracker U.S. News & World Report
CHEYENNE, Wyo. (AP) — Officials say the first golden eagle in Yellowstone National Park to be fitted with a tracking device has died of lead poisoning.
- BCC coordinator named top Latina leader Berkshire Eagle
PITTSFIELD — Eleanore Velez, coordinator of the Multicultural Center at Berkshire Community College, has been recognized by Amplify Latinx as a 2019 Latina ...
- Exeter Community Library joins statewide literacy initiative Reading Eagle
The project's goal is to strengthen libraries through education, advocacy and leadership.
- Savoy pavilion project gets boost at town meeting Berkshire Eagle
SAVOY — A long-awaited civic gathering place stands nearly complete off Route 116 in the town's center. It's about to get prettier. In their final act at annual town ...
- Earthquake-Weary Alaskans Still Grappling With Damage | Business News U.S. News & World Report
ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) — The supply chain of food and other goods delivered to the Port of Anchorage from the Lower 48 has not been disrupted by the ...
- Chamber presents small businesses awards at luncheon 280 Living
Of the 33 nominees for small business of the year, five took home the award at Wednesday's event.
- Think Company CEO, a Kutztown University grad, promotes core values Reading Eagle
Russ Starke was the keynote speaker for the university's Entrepreneurship Week.
- Royal Oak businesses opposed to civic center turn to Supreme Court C&G Newspapers
ROYAL OAK — In December, a group of Royal Oak business owners submitted an application to the Michigan Supreme Court to reverse the Aug. 8 decision of ...
- Project to Transform Historic Madison Mill Inside INdiana Business
A collaboration has been formed to rehabilitate the historic Eagle Cotton Mill along the Ohio river in downtown Madison. Riverton LLC has joined forces with the ...
- Northern Michigan Angels invest $1M in 2018 | Business Traverse City Record Eagle
TRAVERSE CITY — Capital investment group Northern Michigan Angels set records in 2018 for dollars invested in startup companies and new membership.
- Vail Valley businesses need lots of seasonal help: there are 1600 job openings Vail Daily News
EAGLE COUNTY — With the busy Christmas season looming, many local businesses still have “help wanted” signs out. At this point, though, there are more ...
- Reading Zoning Hearing Board allows distillery on Penn Street Reading Eagle
The business on Madison Avenue, which produces rum and vodka, plans to move and/or expand.
- TwentyTables takes first place at 2018 Startup Week DC pitch competition Technical.ly DC
Six tech startup founders got the opportunity to pitch to an audience and a panel of judges at the conclusion of this year's Startup Week DC. The final event took ...
- Celebrate start of summer with Third Thursday Berkshire Eagle
PITTSFIELD — Berkshire young people will dance and sing to open the 13th season of Third Thursday in downtown Pittsfield.The traditional youth theme for ...
- Newcomer challenging Williamstown Planning Board chairwoman Berkshire Eagle
WILLIAMSTOWN — Amy Jeschawitz, the incumbent chairwoman of the Planning Board, is facing a challenge for her seat from political newcomer Dante Birch.
- Reading Hospital names COO Reading Eagle
Plus May 7 newsmakers from The Highlands, Berks County Community Foundation and The Manor at Market Square.