CurlMix started as a Do It Yourself subscription box for curly hair products, think Blue Apron for but for curly hair. Now they focus on haircare solutions that have been selected by their loyal CurlMixers.
CurlMix is a monthly subscription service that sends customers five to seven all-natural ingredients, along with step-by-step instructions, to mix their own hair products.
Sign up for the Moguldom newsletter — business news you need to know about economic empowerment for the digital age, delivered to your inbox.
- Roseland Couple Behind CurlMix Help Women Make Their Own Hair-Care Products DNAinfo
CHICAGO — When Kim Lewis decided to eschew chemical-based hair products and cut off her heat-damaged hair, she tried to find natural ingredients to make ...
- CurlMix ships kits for naturalistas to blend their own hair products Chicago Tribune
Chicago startup CurlMix is targeting naturalistas with a box subscription *service* for those who want to mix their own hair care products.
- CurlMix Offers DIY Subscription Service Essence.com
As a natural girl of five years and entrepreneur in the beauty space for two, Kim Lewis realized the benefits of making her own hair care products first hand.
- Chicago couple creates subscription box for women with curly hair WLS-TV
A local Chicago couple is changing the way women take care of their hair with a DIY subscription box for women with curly hair.
- The Best Subscription Boxes for Black Women STYLECASTER
Subscription boxes aren't as popular as they used to be, but these services, created for and by people of color, continue to thrive.
- Lupe Fiasco, Google exec team to fund startups in Englewood, Lawndale Chicago Tribune
Entrepreneurs in Chicago neighborhoods will get a shot at funding from an organization founded by Chicago rapper Lupe Fiasco and Google executive Di-Ann ...
- [Beautifully Brown] Natural Hair Happy Hour: 3 Do-It-Yourself Cocktail Hair Lines EBONY.com
Are you constantly pairing different moisturizers to create your own hair concoction? Is your medicine cabinet stocked with empty bottles waiting for your next ...
- New Start Up Builds Tomorrow's Black Leaders By Backing Their Businesses DNAinfo
PILSEN — A new organization plans to build black businesses across the city by starting at the source — by backing the ideas of Chicago's black youth.
- 16 Beauty Services Designed Specifically for Women of Color Allure Magazine
Whether you're looking for the right foundation shade, beginning a stressful hair transition, or trying to find a stylist who knows the difference between bantu ...
- DIY Beauty Product Boxes Refinery29
Some beauty brands are coming out with DIY kits and beauty boxes to help you learn to make your own products.
- News in photos: Lost cat found after 4 years, Dallas Chanel robbed after minivan crash and more photos from around the world OCRegister
Anastasija Sevastova of Latvia hits a backhand return to Jarmila Wolfe of Australia during their first round match at the Australian Open tennis championships in ...