CurlMix started as a Do It Yourself subscription box for curly hair products, think Blue Apron for but for curly hair. Now they focus on haircare solutions that have been selected by their loyal CurlMixers.
CurlMix is a monthly subscription service that sends customers five to seven all-natural ingredients, along with step-by-step instructions, to mix their own hair products.
- CurlMix ships kits for naturalistas to blend their own hair products Chicago Tribune
Chicago startup CurlMix is targeting naturalistas with a box subscription *service* for those who want to mix their own hair care products.
- Roseland Couple Behind CurlMix Help Women Make Their Own Hair-Care Products DNAinfo
Do-it-yourself kits save time and let women know exactly what's going in their hair, the company says.
- Chicago couple creates subscription box for women with curly hair WLS-TV
A local Chicago couple is changing the way women take care of their hair with a DIY subscription box for women with curly hair.
- CurlMix Offers DIY Subscription Service Essence.com
As a natural girl of five years and entrepreneur in the beauty space for two, Kim Lewis realized the benefits of making her own hair care products first hand.
- The Best Subscription Boxes for Black Women STYLECASTER
Subscription boxes aren't as popular as they used to be, but these services, created for and by people of color, continue to thrive.
- [Beautifully Brown] Natural Hair Happy Hour: 3 Do-It-Yourself Cocktail Hair Lines EBONY.com
Are you constantly pairing different moisturizers to create your own hair concoction? Is your medicine cabinet stocked with empty bottles waiting for your next ...
- New Start Up Builds Tomorrow's Black Leaders By Backing Their Businesses DNAinfo
PILSEN — A new organization plans to build black businesses across the city by starting at the source — by backing the ideas of Chicago's black youth.
- Lupe Fiasco, Google exec team to fund startups in Englewood, Lawndale Chicago Tribune
Entrepreneurs in Chicago neighborhoods will get a shot at funding from an organization founded by Chicago rapper Lupe Fiasco and Google executive Di-Ann ...
- 10 best products for ethnic hair The Independent
Living with curly hair can be a real pain if you don't know how to care for it. My Greek mum has thick, straight hair, and I inherited my curls from my Algerian dad ...
- 16 Beauty Services Designed Specifically for Women of Color Allure Magazine
Whether you're looking for the right foundation shade, beginning a stressful hair transition, or trying to find a stylist who knows the difference between bantu ...
- This Beauty Box Is Bringing Women of Color the Products They Deserve Mic
Your mailbox just got the chance to be way more interesting. Essence magazine announced they will launch their own beauty box subscription *service* called ...
- DIY Beauty Product Boxes Refinery29
Some beauty brands are coming out with DIY kits and beauty boxes to help you learn to make your own products.