BiTHOUSE is a global business / venture development, and technology scouting firm aligned with SMEs, Corps, and Government entities.
BiTHOUSE GROUP enables others to create, align, fund, utilize, and adopt technology solutions for the future. The company is a mentorship and strategic partnership driven business development cultivator, supporting early stage and mid stage, health, agriculture, food, and entertainment (film, media, consumer electronics) driven technology ventures founded by women, minorities, and EU founders. BiTHOUSE offers its network both educational and collaborative environments to initiate adoption and scaleup innovative and disruptive technology solutions needed for the future.
The BITHOUSE initiative was founded in 2013 by Wilhelmina J. Sparks and became a corporate entity in 2017 in order to foster collaboration and innovation culture amongst corporates, innovators, investors, government and community.
- How an Oregon basketball legend found love – and maybe D.B. Cooper – in a wild, long-gone Portland OregonLive
For 50 years Pudgy Hunt held the state's all-time high-school basketball scoring record, until Lake Oswego's Kevin Love finally surpassed the Knappa High ...
- World Beverage Innovation Awards 2018: judges announced FoodBev.com
The judging panel for the World Beverage Innovation Awards 2018, taking place at BrauBeviale in November, has been announced.
- Portland's 2015 Bar of the Year: Bit House Saloon OregonLive.com
Bit House Saloon proved our easy choice for Portland's best new bar of 2015, a welcoming watering hole with warm decor, superlative hospitality, good music ...
- Bullard, 'Top Chef' finalist Doug Adams' Texas-inspired Portland restaurant, opens OregonLive.com
Chef Doug Adams has come a long way from Bullard -- “a little football town in East Texas where I did not fit in” -- to Bullard, the new restaurant he and business ...
- The 27 Best Things to Do in Portland This Week: Feb 4-7 The Portland Mercury
Jump to: Monday | Tuesday | Wednesday | Thursday Monday, Feb 4 WWE Monday Night RAW One of television's longest-running, sweatiest soap operas ...
- Trump's meeting with House Democrats is brief, contentious PBS NewsHour
President Trump called a Wednesday meeting with Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer a “total waste of time.
- Four Portland Record Labels to Watch in 2019 Robin Bacior, Robert Ham, Ryan J. Prado, Chris Vortex Music Magazine
Author: Robin Bacior, Robert Ham, Ryan J. Prado, and Chris Young; Some of the strongest curatorial forces in the Rose City are not bound by the city's.
- The 32 Best Things to Do in Portland This Weekend: March 15-17 The Portland Mercury
Tiffany Haddish From her break-out role in the chick-flick comedy Girls Trip, to becoming the first Black woman comedian to host Saturday Night Live, the last ...
- A Day In The Life: Blacks At The Cutting Edge Of Innovation NPR
Every day until Dec. 20, African-American tech thinkers will live-tweet about their day and answer questions in a special Twitter series hosted by NPR's Tell Me ...
- The 26 Best Concerts to See in Portland: October 11-24 The Portland Mercury
Collate, Cockeye, Trash Romeo, B.R.U.C.E. B.R.U.C.E. is incredibly straightforward: The Portland punk band's name is an acronym for the phrase “Burn Rapists ...
- A Work In Progress: How Portland's Music Scene Can Shift Towards Healing Vortex Music Magazine
Author: Olivia Awbrey; #MeToo is an international movement that affects individuals at all levels, and Portland's creative community is not immune to the.
- Sobriety Sweeps Service Industry - Lush Life The Portland Mercury
WE'RE WELL INTO the first month of 2017, a time when many people elect to clean up their acts. Regular folks like me, who packed on more than a couple ...
- Korgy & Bass: 'The Toy Is Not The Piano' [Video Premiere] Vortex Music Magazine
Author: Chris Young; Delve into the weird, beat-sampling minds of the eclectic duo now and then don't miss them rocking this year's PDX Jazz Festival as part of.
- Two Dozen Bars and Tap Rooms are Teaming up with Not OK PDX to Fight Sexual Violence The Portland Mercury
To borrow a somewhat thorny and oftentimes counterproductive phase, we know that when we see something, we say something. But what if we don't know ...
- Norman Sylvester, Mel Brown, Jon Koonce, Karen Lovely, LaRhonda Steele, Jarrod Lawson and More Locals at the Waterfront Blues Festival on July 4-5, 2018 Vortex Music Magazine
Your browser does not currently recognize any of the video formats available. Click here to visit our frequently asked questions about HTML5 video.
- Cloud Castle: 'Better Today' [Song Premiere] Vortex Music Magazine
Author: Dan Cable; Need a track to bob your head to and lift up your spirits? Emcee Cloud Castle and producer Alex Meltzer of Korgy & Bass have just the fix.
- Y La Bamba Soundtracks A Movement Elizabeth Seward Vortex Music Magazine
Author: Elizabeth Seward; A synchronous accompaniment to #MeToo, Y La Bamba's fifth record is a testament to the strength of women. “We are women, we ...
- The 16 coolest new businesses in Portland Business Insider
Samantha Lee/Business Insider Known for its "Keep Portland Weird" slogan, the City of Roses certainly has its fair share of cool, offbeat businesses.
- Made In Portland Chris Young - Nov 16, 2018 Meet the Portlanders who are crafting innovative, world Vortex Music Magazine
Author: Chris Young; Meet the Portlanders who are crafting innovative, world-renowned instruments, gear and technology—fueling our music scene and.
- From Successful Artist to Producer: Hutch Harris Vortex Music Magazine
Author: Adam Sweeney; As The Thermals began to wind down, Hutch Harris found himself producing records with Victor Nash at Destination: Universe!
- The Wild Body: 'Housefire' [Video Premiere] Vortex Music Magazine
Author: Joel Sommer; Get angsty and aggressive only to find some cathartic release in The Wild Body's new single, and then celebrate their second EP at the.
- “In Dreams” Featuring Composer Cait Nishimura: University of Portland Wind Symphony and Women's Chorale Saturday, November 27th, 2018 / Review Oregon Music News
By MICHAEL CONLEY // A world premiere on Saturday afternoon in a performance by the University of Portland Wind Symphony conducted by Dr. Patrick ...
- Kentucky football linebacker Jordan Jones sidelined with injury again Courier Journal
Kentucky football star linebacker Jordan Jones is sidelined due to injury again.
- Portland Oregon’s Lgbt Tastemakers: Chefs, Distillers, Bakers, And More! Passport Magazine
Meet six incredible Portland tastemakers from outstanding pastry gurus and vegan chefs to a distiller who makes spirits from kombucha.
- Biamp PDX Jazz Festival Vortex Music Magazine
The 16th annual festival will feature the likes of Christian Scott, Terence Blanchard, Patrice Rushen, The Bad Plus, The Vanguard Jazz Orchestra, Pharoah ...
- Red Bird Live from The Rye Room [Video Premiere] Vortex Music Magazine
Author: Kelsey Greco; The latest Rye Room Session features local band Red Bird performing “Make Me Go.”
- Portland's Bar Group of the Year: Lightning Bar Collective OregonLive.com
Meet the Portland bar group that's caught lighting in a bottle -- five times over.
- DoublePlusGood x Butter: 'Best of Us' [Song Premiere] Vortex Music Magazine
Author: Chris Young; Two Portland bands are better than one. Float along to this dreamy collab and catch the pair of music makers celebrating at No Fun on.
- Best TV shows of 2018 BT TV
From Killing Eve and Bodyguard to Bros and I'm Celebrity - we round up the must-see TV moments of 2018.
- Starover Blue: 'Anemone' [Song Premiere] Vortex Music Magazine
Author: Kelsey Greco; Starover Blue channel a Japanese writer to produce an interdimensional study on romance. And after their two-week tour, catch 'em back.
- Chanti Darling's Fashionable Synesthesia Vortex Music Magazine
Photo by Sam Gehrke / Styling by Nicholaus PetersenAudio and visual are not separate in the mind of Chanticleer Trü. “I think it's all one in the same,” explains ...
- Metallica and Jim Breuer at Moda Center on Dec. 5, 2018 Vortex Music Magazine
Photos by Alyssa Herrman. For many years, when people would ask me what my favorite band to see live was, my answer would be Metallica. It had been nearly ...
- No Kind of Rider, Fritzwa and Samuel Eisen-Meyers Are Three Portland Artists to Watch Vortex Music Magazine
You could say it's been a long time coming for these artists. They've been putting in the work for years and the fruits of these labors are ripe and ready to be ...
- 29 Powerful Women Reveal Their Success Secrets, Leadership Tips & The Awful Advice They Didn't Take Refinery29
This week leaders in advertising and media descend on Cologne, Germany for the annual Dmexco conference. Ahead of the event, we sat down to profile 29 ...
- Willamette Weekend: “Friday the 13th,” Tattoo Contests and 10 Other Things To Do and See In Portland, Oct. 13-15 Willamette Week
FRIDAY, OCT. 13. Orbit A quarterly party launches tonight at Bit House with Dandy Warhols keyboardist Zia McCabe and longtime Portland DJ Gregarious, ...
- Leo Dolan Live from The Rye Room [Video Premiere] Vortex Music Magazine
Author: Kelsey Greco; The latest Rye Room Session features local musician and session veteran Leo Dolan (Simone & Leo) performing “Lion's.
- The Oregon Music Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony feat. Monti Amundson, Ural Thomas & the Pain, The Kingsmen and more at the Aladdin Theater on Oct. 13, 2018 Vortex Music Magazine
Photos by Joe Duquette. Though not the best-known hall of fame in the land, the talent within the Oregon Music Hall of Fame (OMHOF) and the organization's.
- A tribute to Drew Norman : A Life Drinking and Thinking with Professor Gall Oregon Music News
By MATT KALINOWSKI // There will be a Celebration of His Life and Music on Thursday, August 16 at 7 PM at Mississippi Pizza Pub....complete with a Second ...
- In Conversation with Roses & Revolutions Brendan Swogger Vortex Music Magazine
Author: Brendan Swogger; Prior to their opening set for Gin Wigmore at the Wonder Ballroom, Matt Merritt and Alyssa Coco of the band Roses & Revolutions.
- Pamplin Media Group - Art of collaboration thrives Pamplin Media Group
COURTESY: 180 - The Xurroli, stuffed with sweetened ricotta, is the featured xurro through April at 180 on Northeast Broadway. It kicks off a chefs' collaboration ...
- Pamplin Media Group - Books to make your mouth water Pamplin Media Group
Books to make your mouth water, Local Features, Portland local Features, Breaking Features alerts for Portland city.
- Gangs are mostly quiet, for now, but local task force stays alert Gainesville Times
Though the boarding of out-of-county inmates in the Hall County Jail ceased years ago, Sgt. Paul House can still see some of its aftermath in the form of gang ...
- Elke Robitaille: 'Mercy' [Video Premiere] Vortex Music Magazine
Author: Chris Young; A protest song and a hopeful ballad, get your fill of "Mercy" now and at the video release party at the Alberta Street Pub with.
- Adebisi: 'Here It Comes' [Video Premiere] Vortex Music Magazine
Author: Dan Cable; Peep the neo-soul six-piece's debut single and video now! Then catch 'em in action at their single release show at the Goodfoot on May.
- Spotify is causing a major problem for economists Business Insider
HSBC The global economy is baffling economists, particularly those employed at central banks. Government mints have printed a vast amount of (electronic) ...
- The Forever Agos: 'Want & Need' [Song Premiere] Vortex Music Magazine
Author: Ryan Voelker; "Chronicling tales of whiskey and woe," the Portland septet are slated to release their debut album and celebrate its release at.
- Noah Kite Live from The Rye Room [Video Premiere] Vortex Music Magazine
Author: Kelsey Greco; The latest Rye Room Session features local experimental chamber rock artist Noah Kite performing “Corvallis.”
- Drinks Enthusiast Karen Locke's New Book is the Key to Portland's Distilling Scene The Portland Mercury
Karen Locke is pacing herself. When I met with her to talk about her new book—High-Proof PDX: A Spirited Guide to Portland's Craft Distilling Scene—she was ...
- Brendan Riley’s Solano Chronicles: Two famous authors, two clashing views on Vallejo Vallejo Times Herald
The annual race that recently brought nearly 200 San Francisco Bay area sailboats up the Mare Island Strait to the Vallejo Yacht Club brings to mind two famed ...
- Dan Cable Presents: Maxwell Cabana Live from The Hallowed Halls [Video Premiere] Vortex Music Magazine
Author: Dan Cable; Watch Portland's Maxwell Cabana perform “Welcome 2 (The Beginning of the Rest of Your Night)” plus listen to the entire.
- Michelle Mone: 'I've been told to tone things down a bit in the House of Lords' Telegraph.co.uk
Baroness Mone of Mayfair is telling me about the nightclub she built in her Glasgow townhouse. “I'm going to get into trouble for saying this,” she murmurs with a ...
- Where's the Music Industry in Portland? Vortex Music Magazine
Author: Chris Young; If you are a part of the local music scene, it's time to stand up and make your presence known: Take the Music Portland Census now!
- The Portland Underground: Defining Community Vortex Music Magazine
Author: Ollie Collins; In the underground, we define community as word-of-mouth inclusivity in order to create genuine and constructive connections.
- The 150 best bars in America Los Angeles Times
The Daily Meal set out to find the most iconic bars, famous pubs, and legendary cocktail lounges in America.
- Millennials forking out for a CLEANER insist they're not lazy Daily Mail
MailOnline spoke to three young women from across the UK who employ cleaners to complete household chores for them, freeing up more time to do the more ...
- Black Techie Live! A SXSW Journal, Day 2 EBONY.com
I spent day one of SXSW settling in and I spent day two going completely in. I jumped into a friend's car and prepared to take the conference head on with my ...
- All for One, One for All: Dave Holland in Conversation Vortex Music Magazine
Author: Nathan Rizzo; The talismanic jazz bassist speaks with Vortex in advance of his can't-miss April 7 performance at Portland's Revolution Hall.
- Abronia: 'Glass Butte Retribution' [Video Premiere] Vortex Music Magazine
Author: Ryan J. Prado; Watch the mystical new video from the tribal Portland six-piece, and then catch them live at The Fixin' To—where they'll.
- Jul 21 Jul 21 - 22 PDX Pop Now! Vortex Music Magazine
Returning to AudioCinema for the fifth consecutive year, the 15th annual edition of Portland's premier all-ages, free music festival—which features only.
- Camp Crush: 'Take Me Back' [Video Premiere] Vortex Music Magazine
Author: Chris Young; Formerly Santiam, the four-piece are leaving Americana behind and embracing inspirations from the '80s. Check out their new horn-filled,
- Mamie Gummer on High Fashion in The Collection and Working With Her Mom, Meryl Streep Parade
Mamie Gummer, The Good Wife actress and daughter of Meryl Streep, stars in The Collection, premiering October 8 on PBS' Masterpiece. Gummer, 34, portrays ...
- Vortex Marketplace Vortex Music Magazine
Portland and Oregon's vibrant music scene is supported by a bevy of local businesses and artists who value music in our community. The following supporters ...
- Dan Cable Presents a Documentary about Tribe Mars [Video Premiere] Vortex Music Magazine
Photo by Adi ZweierNeo soul, jazz, hip-hop, R&B—you can call Tribe Mars all of these things. But above all, they are a group of musicians who thrive in the live ...
- Screenplays and Singani 63: An Interview with Steven Soderbergh Daily Blender
I knew too much, of course. I had spent the morning reading up on him, the acclaimed producer, director, editor, writer. Steven Soderbergh, Oscar winner,
- Renata hires Chris Frazier; Accanto retools with Erik Van Kley OregonLive.com
As in tax reform, so in restaurants: the rich keep getting richer. Renata, already Portland's best pasta restaurant, has hired chef Chris Frazier, a Portland native ...
- Hailey Niswanger: 'River of Perception' [Song Premiere] Vortex Music Magazine
Author: Joel Sommer; The NYC via PDX saxophonist is back with a new record, but this time she's also leading her new group. Welcome MAE.SUN to the world ...
- Insanity and Family: Creating Typhoon's New Dystopian Magnum Opus Vortex Music Magazine
Author: Thacher Schmid; Exploring what it's like to lose your mind, Portland's beloved eight-piece rock orchestra come together to lose themselves and.
- The Neighbourhood, HEALTH and Field Medic at the Crystal Ballroom April 11, 2018 Vortex Music Magazine
Photos by Sydnie Kobza. While The Neighbourhood's brand swirls around black-and-white aesthetics, the Cali band's sold-out Crystal Ballroom set showed a ...
- Music Marketing Meetup: The DIY Musician: Jessica Boudreaux, The Slants, and Yardsss at Doug Fir Lounge Vortex Music Magazine
Want to school yourself before the meetup? Vortex, J-Fell Presents and MOGO Music Festival have organized several past music marketing meetups and here ...
- Growing The Circle In Portland Chris Young Vortex Music Magazine
The Domestics and Myke Bogan got in the pool together for our cover shoot: Photo by Jason QuigleyPortland is a series of circles. Circles come in varying sizes ...
- Changes for Jacob Miller and the Bridge City Crooners: Hear the Band's Final Soulful Tune [Song Premiere] Vortex Music Magazine
On Friday, July 28 at the Doug Fir, Jacob Miller and the Bridge City Crooners will play their final show, and, apropos, the band's going-away present is a new, ...
- Lords of Portland: Portugal. The Man Stake Their Claim as the Rose City's Best Band Vortex Music Magazine
Author: Thacher Schmid; After boldly throwing away three years of work only to start from scratch, Portugal. The Man are set to emerge with their most.
- Where to Find the 2016 Restaurant Guide Willamette Week
Here's an un-pretty list of all the locations the Restaurant Guide will be distributed. Note: If you don't feel like sifting through this, either look at the map (you can ...
- Golden Brown's Casey Burge Talks Craft Vanessa Soza Vortex Music Magazine
Author: Vanessa Sosa; The Minden frontman talks about his solo work and what keeps him going in our vibrant local music scene.
- The corner of Tuscany that tourism forgot Telegraph.co.uk
Porto Santo Stefano, on the Monte Argentario peninsula in southern Tuscany, has been bashed about and is the better for it. The Americans did the most ...
- Crystal Lariza Live from The Rye Room [Video Premiere] Vortex Music Magazine
Author: Kelsey Greco; The latest Rye Room Session features Portland's Crystal Lariza performing “Snake.” Don't miss her live at.
- The 30 Best Things to Do in Portland This Weekend: January 19-21 The Portland Mercury
We're really almost done with January already? Seems weird that the month coulda sped by that fast, but then you look at what's on deck for the weekend and ...
- Terry Time Brother: 'Pick A Winner' [Song Premiere] Vortex Music Magazine
Author: Chris Young; The man behind Benson Amps puts his solo project to tape, creating a timeless, folky vibe on his debut. Celebrate the release of.
- The Future of What: Tape Op Magazine's 20th Anniversary with Larry Crane, Tucker Martine, Tyler Stone and Dave Gross Vortex Music Magazine
Author: Anna McClain; A weekly music industry podcast for newcomers and insiders alike, The Future of What tackles important topics in the business.
- Mordecai: 'Control' [Song Premiere] Vortex Music Magazine
Author: Ryan Voelker; The three-piece are set to reveal their debut record of dark electronic pop, 'It's Never Enough,' at Holocene on August 30 before.
- Contact Us | Staff & Contributors Oregon Music News
You can contact Oregon Music News at firstname.lastname@example.org Submit story ideas or mp3s Please note that OMN's physical mailing address is: P.O. ...
- Homeless, Unemployed, and Surviving on Bitcoins Wired
The bitcoin system could become an equalizer for the country's homeless, a place where the stigma of living on the streets isn't as pronounced. If you're ...
- The Future of What: Band Management with Slim Moon, Ingrid Renan and Louie Bandak Vortex Music Magazine
A weekly music industry podcast for newcomers and insiders alike, The Future of What tackles important topics in the business with host Portia Sabin, president ...
- FBI employees sport 'Comey is my homey' t-shirts on family day AOL
A group of FBI employees wore “Comey is my homey” t-shirts to the Bureau's Family Day on Friday in a showing of support for the fired FBI Director.
- Jonny Cool featuring Free WiLL Vibin: 'Quit Your Job' [Song Premiere] Vortex Music Magazine
Author: Chris Young; Thankfully, Jonny Cool got fired so I could stumble upon him freestyling late one night at Pickathon. Take his advice and don't miss him.
- Horror, Identity and Glitter: An Interview with Sweeping Exits Vortex Music Magazine
Author: Kathryn Hensch; Finding inspiration in 'Rocky Horror' and multifaceted storytelling, Sweeping Exits deliver a richly developed tale on 'Glitter &
- Silver Lake 66 Live from The Rye Room [Video Premiere] Vortex Music Magazine
Author: Kelsey Greco; The latest Rye Room Session features Portland's Silver Lake 66 performing “Devil's Looking For Me.” Don't.
- Pickwick: 'Lying Awake In The Dark' [Song Premiere] Vortex Music Magazine
Author: Chris Young; The ever-restless Seattle standouts return with their strong, slinky sophomore record after four years wait. Listen to a new track from.
- Eyelids: Pretty Music Played Loud Vortex Music Magazine
Author: Ryan J. Prado; Having shared studios and stages with The Decemberists, Guided By Voices, Dharma Bums, The Minus 5 and Elliott Smith, the five-piece ...
- Will the real Penny Lane please stand up? Oregon Music News
BY ANA AMMANN with ANN LASOCKI // “I was discovered by a musician at one of the first concerts I went to, Three Dog Night with Steppenwolf.
- Three Portland Artists to Watch This Summer Jeni Wren Stottrup, Mac Smiff, Ryan J. Prado Vortex Music Magazine
Author: Jeni Wren Stottrup, Mac Smiff, and Ryan J. Prado; What's old to you is new to someone else. From those with established indie creds stemming from.
- Daniel Rafn Reenvisions His Exploratory Pop with Help from Old Grape God and Neo G Yo [EP Premiere] Vortex Music Magazine
Author: Chris Young; On 'The Hanged Man: Features,' Rafn is joined by two Portland rappers to rework three songs from his fourth LP.
- Sound Thinking With Larry Crane Vortex Music Magazine
Jackpot! Recording Studio owner, engineer, musician, writer, editor and recording entrepreneur Larry Crane reflects on his job(s) and reminisces about some of ...
- New #PDXmusic on KINK: Haley Johnsen's 'When I Loved You' [Song of the Week] Vortex Music Magazine
Author: Chris Young; Drawing on her love for the blues, let Haley Johnsen bewitch you with her new single. Then catch her this Memorial Day weekend on the.
- Vortex Music Magazine Release Party: at Cravedog Vortex Music Magazine
free. Did someone say FREE BEER AND SNACKS? Join Cravedog, Aspect Law Group, The Weed Blog, Mama Lou's and Vortex on Last Thursday from 4-7pm ...
- King Black Acid: 'Big Gummo - It's Cool To Be In Love' [Song Premiere] Vortex Music Magazine
King Black Acid at the Crystal Ballroom's Sabertooth Micro Fest in 2016—click to see more photos by Miss EllaneaKing Black Acid is the sonically amorphous ...
- Three For Silver's Juxtaposition and Literary Easter Eggs [Song Premiere] Vortex Music Magazine
Photo by James RexroadSince 2013, Portland's Three For Silver have been delighting us with their mix of seemingly incongruent sounds—furiously paced string ...
- Want to Sell Out Your Next Show? Vortex Music Magazine
Author: Chris Young; Take these concert promotion tips from local music marketing pros and add them to your checklist—then pick up plenty more when Vortex.
- Cedar Teeth: 'Echoes Grounding' [Song Premiere] Vortex Music Magazine
Author: Chris Young; As the familial five-piece ready their most cohesive release yet, you can get a first listen to their foot-stomping roots rock now. Out.
- Dan Cable Presents: Young Hunter Live from Mountain Air Studios [Video Premiere] Vortex Music Magazine
Author: Dan Cable; Watch Portland's Young Hunter perform “Dark Age” plus listen to the entire live session and interview with Dan.