BiTHOUSE is a global business / venture development, and technology scouting firm aligned with SMEs, Corps, and Government entities.
BiTHOUSE GROUP enables others to create, align, fund, utilize, and adopt technology solutions for the future. The company is a mentorship and strategic partnership driven business development cultivator, supporting early stage and mid stage, health, agriculture, food, and entertainment (film, media, consumer electronics) driven technology ventures founded by women, minorities, and EU founders. BiTHOUSE offers its network both educational and collaborative environments to initiate adoption and scaleup innovative and disruptive technology solutions needed for the future.
The BITHOUSE initiative was founded in 2013 by Wilhelmina J. Sparks and became a corporate entity in 2017 in order to foster collaboration and innovation culture amongst corporates, innovators, investors, government and community.
- World Beverage Innovation Awards 2018: judges announced FoodBev.com
The judging panel for the World Beverage Innovation Awards 2018, taking place at BrauBeviale in November, has been announced.
- Portland's 2015 Bar of the Year: Bit House Saloon OregonLive.com
Bit House Saloon proved our easy choice for Portland's best new bar of 2015, a welcoming watering hole with warm decor, superlative hospitality, good music ...
- Bullard, 'Top Chef' finalist Doug Adams' Texas-inspired Portland restaurant, opens OregonLive.com
Chef Doug Adams has come a long way from Bullard -- “a little football town in East Texas where I did not fit in” -- to Bullard, the new restaurant he and business ...
- Trump's meeting with House Democrats is brief, contentious PBS NewsHour
President Trump called a Wednesday meeting with Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer a “total waste of time.
- Four Portland Record Labels to Watch in 2019 Robin Bacior, Robert Ham, Ryan J. Prado, Chris Vortex Music Magazine
Author: Robin Bacior, Robert Ham, Ryan J. Prado, and Chris Young; Some of the strongest curatorial forces in the Rose City are not bound by the city's.
- U.S. shutdown: Trump grounds Pelosi after she imperils his big speech CTV News
The shutdown battle between U.S. President Donald Trump and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi is playing out as a surreal game of constitutional brinkmanship, ...
- The 26 Best Concerts to See in Portland: October 11-24 The Portland Mercury
From Kamasi Washington to Old Time Relijun to Yaeji.
- Portland Oregon’s Lgbt Tastemakers: Chefs, Distillers, Bakers, And More! Passport Magazine
Meet six incredible Portland tastemakers from outstanding pastry gurus and vegan chefs to a distiller who makes spirits from kombucha.
- Two Dozen Bars and Tap Rooms are Teaming up with Not OK PDX to Fight Sexual Violence The Portland Mercury
To borrow a somewhat thorny and oftentimes counterproductive phase, we know that when we see something, we say something. But what if we don't know ...
- Ear Trumpet Labs: Amplifying Artists' Natural Noises Vortex Music Magazine
Author: Robin Bacior; Ear Trumpet Labs handcrafts mics for the acoustic world in a NE Portland workshop.
- From Successful Artist to Producer: Chris Funk Vortex Music Magazine
Author: John Chandler; Halfling for hire: The Decemberists' guitar guy puts on his producer hat inside one of the city's most architecturally inspired.
- Portland's Bar Group of the Year: Lightning Bar Collective OregonLive.com
Meet the Portland bar group that's caught lighting in a bottle -- five times over.
- Willamette Weekend: “Friday the 13th,” Tattoo Contests and 10 Other Things To Do and See In Portland, Oct. 13-15 Willamette Week
FRIDAY, OCT. 13. Orbit A quarterly party launches tonight at Bit House with Dandy Warhols keyboardist Zia McCabe and longtime Portland DJ Gregarious, ...
- The 31 Best Things to Do in Portland This (Veg) Week: Oct 15-18 The Portland Mercury
Jump to: Monday | Tuesday | Wednesday | Thursday Monday, Oct 15 MC50 Presents Kick Out the Jams, Starcrawler, Holy Grove You're not going to get a full ...
- From Successful Artist to Producer: Hutch Harris Vortex Music Magazine
Author: Adam Sweeney; As The Thermals began to wind down, Hutch Harris found himself producing records with Victor Nash at Destination: Universe!
- Best Bars in Portland - Beverage Director Thrillist
Portland is stacked with bars. And the sheer volume of places to grab a drink can quickly lead to decision paralysis, putting you in the same dive bar next to your ...
- The Best Cocktail Bars in Portland Thrillist
It's possible to get a great cocktail damn near anywhere in Portland, but these are our picks for the bars that do mixed drinks best.
- Sobriety Sweeps Service Industry - Lush Life The Portland Mercury
WE'RE WELL INTO the first month of 2017, a time when many people elect to clean up their acts. Regular folks like me, who packed on more than a couple ...
- DoublePlusGood x Butter: 'Best of Us' [Song Premiere] Vortex Music Magazine
Author: Chris Young; Two Portland bands are better than one. Float along to this dreamy collab and catch the pair of music makers celebrating at No Fun on.
- Chanti Darling's Fashionable Synesthesia Vortex Music Magazine
Photo by Sam Gehrke / Styling by Nicholaus PetersenAudio and visual are not separate in the mind of Chanticleer Trü. “I think it's all one in the same,” explains ...
- A Day In The Life: Blacks At The Cutting Edge Of Innovation NPR
Every day until Dec. 20, African-American tech thinkers will live-tweet about their day and answer questions in a special Twitter series hosted by NPR's Tell Me ...
- Michelle Mone: 'I've been told to tone things down a bit in the House of Lords' Telegraph.co.uk
Baroness Mone of Mayfair is telling me about the nightclub she built in her Glasgow townhouse. “I'm going to get into trouble for saying this,” she murmurs with a ...
- Rattlesnake that bit dog captured in Palm City | Video TCPalm
PALM CITY — A large rattlesnake was captured Dec. 30 after it bit a homeowner's dog in the face in Palm City, according to the Martin County Sheriff's Office.
- Historic Recording Rooms in Portland John Chandler Vortex Music Magazine
Author: John Chandler; Portland is a music city and our studios are where we document the sounds of local artists as well as international stars. Legendary.
- Brendan Riley’s Solano Chronicles: Two famous authors, two clashing views on Vallejo Vallejo Times Herald
The annual race that recently brought nearly 200 San Francisco Bay area sailboats up the Mare Island Strait to the Vallejo Yacht Club brings to mind two famed ...
- Best TV shows of 2018 BT TV
From Killing Eve and Bodyguard to Bros and I'm Celebrity - we round up the must-see TV moments of 2018.
- 29 Powerful Women Reveal Their Success Secrets, Leadership Tips & The Awful Advice They Didn't Take Refinery29
Female visionaries, entrepreneurs, thought leaders, and CEOs join us in inspiring women worldwide with their personal stories, sharing insights into important ...
- Gangs are mostly quiet, for now, but local task force stays alert Gainesville Times
Though the boarding of out-of-county inmates in the Hall County Jail ceased years ago, Sgt. Paul House can still see some of its aftermath in the form of gang ...
- Pamplin Media Group - Books to make your mouth water Pamplin Media Group
Books to make your mouth water, Local Features, Portland local Features, Breaking Features alerts for Portland city.
- Drinks Enthusiast Karen Locke's New Book is the Key to Portland's Distilling Scene The Portland Mercury
Karen Locke is pacing herself. When I met with her to talk about her new book—High-Proof PDX: A Spirited Guide to Portland's Craft Distilling Scene—she was ...
- The 150 best bars in America Chicago Tribune
The Daily Meal set out to find the most iconic bars, famous pubs, and legendary cocktail lounges in America.
- Renata hires Chris Frazier; Accanto retools with Erik Van Kley OregonLive.com
As in tax reform, so in restaurants: the rich keep getting richer. Renata, already Portland's best pasta restaurant, has hired chef Chris Frazier, a Portland native ...
- The Neighbourhood, HEALTH and Field Medic at the Crystal Ballroom April 11, 2018 Vortex Music Magazine
Photos by Sydnie Kobza. While The Neighbourhood's brand swirls around black-and-white aesthetics, the Cali band's sold-out Crystal Ballroom set showed a ...
- Dan Cable Presents a Documentary about Tribe Mars [Video Premiere] Vortex Music Magazine
Photo by Adi ZweierNeo soul, jazz, hip-hop, R&B—you can call Tribe Mars all of these things. But above all, they are a group of musicians who thrive in the live ...
- Mamie Gummer on High Fashion in The Collection and Working With Her Mom, Meryl Streep Parade
Mamie Gummer, The Good Wife actress and daughter of Meryl Streep, stars in The Collection, premiering October 8 on PBS' Masterpiece. Gummer, 34, portrays ...
- Where Portland's Best Bartenders Go on Their Rare Nights Off Thrillist
One of the remarkable aspects of Portland's bar culture is the bartenders themselves. These hardworking people spend most of their nights slinging drinks, ...
- Homeless, Unemployed, and Surviving on Bitcoins Wired
The bitcoin system could become an equalizer for the country's homeless, a place where the stigma of living on the streets isn't as pronounced. If you're ...
- Portland's Most Influential & Kick-Ass Bartenders of 2016 Thrillist
Portland has a lot of great bartenders, and 2016 has been one of the busiest years yet with a flurry of bar and restaurant openings. Meanwhile, spots that opened ...
- Screenplays and Singani 63: An Interview with Steven Soderbergh Daily Blender
I knew too much, of course. I had spent the morning reading up on him, the acclaimed producer, director, editor, writer. Steven Soderbergh, Oscar winner,
- Where to Find the 2016 Restaurant Guide Willamette Week
Here's an un-pretty list of all the locations the Restaurant Guide will be distributed. Note: If you don't feel like sifting through this, either look at the map (you can ...
- Autonomics' Hymns for the Quarter-Life Crisis - Music The Portland Mercury
For those familiar with Autonomics' sizzling punk rock and sweaty live shows, their new album Debt Sounds may come as a bit of a surprise. Debt Sounds.
- Vortex Marketplace Vortex Music Magazine
Portland and Oregon's vibrant music scene is supported by a bevy of local businesses and artists who value music in our community. The following supporters ...
- FBI employees sport 'Comey is my homey' t-shirts on family day AOL
A group of FBI employees wore “Comey is my homey” t-shirts to the Bureau's Family Day on Friday in a showing of support for the fired FBI Director.
- The Best Spirits And Cocktails For 2016 Forbes
Break out the pirate costumes and flaming torches. I asked a group of top mixologists and spirits writers what they're looking forward to drinking more of in 2016, ...
- Labor on campaign footing and prepared for early election The Guardian
Opposition plans to 'hit the ground running' no matter when Malcolm Turnbull calls election.
- Three Portland Artists to Watch This Summer Jeni Wren Stottrup, Mac Smiff, Ryan J. Prado Vortex Music Magazine
Author: Jeni Wren Stottrup, Mac Smiff, and Ryan J. Prado; What's old to you is new to someone else. From those with established indie creds stemming from.
- How Jägermeister Gained Respect at America's Best Bars Grub Street
The once-reviled frat-house favorite has found a place at some of the country's best bars.
- New #PDXmusic on KINK: Haley Johnsen's 'When I Loved You' [Song of the Week] Vortex Music Magazine
Author: Chris Young; Drawing on her love for the blues, let Haley Johnsen bewitch you with her new single. Then catch her this Memorial Day weekend on the.
- Best of Portland Reader's Poll 2016: The Complete List of Winners Willamette Week
Best Restaurant. Screen Door. 2337 E Burnside St / 503.542.0880. screendoorrestaurant.com. Let's face it: Screen Door had this sealed up from the very ...
- The Future of What: Band Management with Slim Moon, Ingrid Renan and Louie Bandak Vortex Music Magazine
A weekly music industry podcast for newcomers and insiders alike, The Future of What tackles important topics in the business with host Portia Sabin, president ...
- Cedar Teeth: 'Echoes Grounding' [Song Premiere] Vortex Music Magazine
Author: Chris Young; As the familial five-piece ready their most cohesive release yet, you can get a first listen to their foot-stomping roots rock now. Out.
- Portland Rap: Recognized and Rising Vortex Music Magazine
Author: Mac Smiff; From feeling pushed out to making progress, PDX hip-hop goes from surviving to thriving as veteran rappers support new, younger voices ...
- The corner of Tuscany that tourism forgot Telegraph.co.uk
Porto Santo Stefano, on the Monte Argentario peninsula in southern Tuscany, has been bashed about and is the better for it. The Americans did the most ...
- Heart and Soul - Music The Portland Mercury
IN THE LATE 1950s, Ural Thomas started making music on the streets of Portland—North Williams Avenue, to be specific. "We used to do dances in the streets ...
- Turn Your Concert into an Experience Vortex Music Magazine
Author: Chris Young; Con Bro Chill and Chanti Darling break down what makes a good performance. Then, don't miss our free, all-ages panel on this topic,
- House Rules' Ryan and Marlee deny rumours of a split after filming ended Daily Mail
House Rules' feisty couple Ryan Rebbeck and Marlee Murphy have hit back at reports that they've ended their two-year relationship.
- The 30 Best Things to Do in Portland This Weekend: January 19-21 The Portland Mercury
We're really almost done with January already? Seems weird that the month coulda sped by that fast, but then you look at what's on deck for the weekend and ...
- Pickathon is Portland's Little Big Festival in the Woods The Portland Mercury
I'M SKEPTICAL of big music festivals. They are expensive. They are crowded. They are depressing displays of modern consumerism. The portable toilet ...
- An Open Letter to Jazz Musicians Vortex Music Magazine
Author: Chris Young; The conversation about Portland jazz does not have to begin and end with Jimmy Mak's or the Portland Jazz Festival. And while local.
- When House messed with the formula, it showed its addictive side A.V. Club Austin
House, “Three Stories” (season one, episode 21; originally aired 5/17/2005)
- The Portland Playlist: Hailey Niswanger [Song Premiere] Vortex Music Magazine
Author: Chris Young; Her new record isn't due out nationally until April but Portlanders can get it early at the exclusive local release at Jimmy Mak's on February ...
- Cholo Goths Close Out MusicfestNW 2015: Prayers at the Star Theater Vortex Music Magazine
Author: Sam Gehrke; The Cholo goth duo brought hell to earth for their performance at the Star and also proved that you should never judge a book by its cover.
- Moving to the Rose City: A Q&A with Drive-By Truckers Frontman Patterson Hood Vortex Music Magazine
The sharp literacy and punchy rock aesthetic championed by guitarist and vocalist Patterson Hood have been a hallmark of Drive-By Truckers' 20-year tenure.
- Summer Cannibals and Cherry Glazerr Bring Rock to All Ages Vortex Music Magazine
Author: Brendan Swogger; At the tail end of March, Los Angeles' Cherry Glazerr and Portland's Summer Cannibals filled the Star Theater with a.
- This photo of waiters holding up umbrellas has sparked a debate on food groups DAWN.com
If there's one thing Kolachi is known for, it's their exemplary customer *service*. Well, that and their paneer reshmi and chicken karahi but that's a conversation for ...
- Moorea Masa: A Woman Is An Island Vortex Music Magazine
Author: Andrea Janda; From backing Ural Thomas and The Decemberists, the soul-folk singer strikes out on her own for the first time with a new EP of.
- Sydney rave scene 1989-1994: An oral history Red Bull
Two-toned flyers with party names like Flim Flam, Pie 'n' Mash and All in the Bubble of Yum. 0055 numbers. Massive soundsystems pumping Balearic beat and ...
- Reflecting on the Gorge: 10 Things I Learned at Sasquatch! 2015 Vortex Music Magazine
Author: Eric Skelton; It's the day after the 2015 Sasquatch! Music Festival and I'm stretched out on a futon in SW Portland. The floor is littered.
- Ethiopian government made ‘honest mistake’ Nazret.com
Ethiopia's government says that mistakes contained in school textbooks were an honest mistake. The ministry of education had revealed that several text books.
- Cops take kids on shopping spree at Pen Centre Niagarathisweek.com
40 children, 70 officers take part in eighth annual CopShop.
- American Idol XIV Top 9 Revealed + Performance Recap (VIDEO) Rickey.org
Welcome to the live blog and recap for American Idol XIV, “Top 9 Perform”! Last week's controversial save of Qaasim Middleton means two singers will be going ...
- Roxie the would-be guide dog is a bundle of cuteness with a big job | News Local dailytelegraph.com.au
Roxie may be a cute labrador puppy but she has a big future as a Guide Dog.
- Five Tech Organizations Working to Close the Gender Diversity Gap, One Coder at a Time India.com
The lack of gender and racial diversity within the tech industry workforce, which is predominantly white, Asian and male, is so ubiquitous that it is hardly ...
- London property: Alison Cork's bargain Belgravia - Telegraph Telegraph.co.uk
She got the townhouse of her dreams at half price, and is still in pocket after the refurb. Alison Cork, goddess of deal-making, reveals all to Cassandra Jardine.