BEVEL (Walker & Co.)
Walker & Co.’s purpose is to make health and beauty simple for people of color. Their vision is to build the world’s most consumer-centric health and beauty products company, inspiring unprecedented consumer loyalty. The first brand under Walker & Co. is Bevel, a shaving line with sleek, vintage-inspired products that combat razor burn. Bevel is the first and only end to end shaving system designed to help reduce shaving irritation and razor bumps.
Walker & Co. want to completely reinvent the way our community learns about, purchases and enjoys health and beauty products. They’ll do this by developing, designing and testing products and services specifically tailored to our community’s needs and delivering on the promise of great customer service and a simple shopping experience.
Sign up for the Moguldom newsletter — business news you need to know about economic empowerment for the digital age, delivered to your inbox.
- Tristan Walker aims to change the world—starting with razors CNBC
Six years ago, tech entrepreneur Tristan Walker left Wall Street for Silicon Valley with a goal in mind.
- So Fresh, So Clean: Nas Partners With Bevel For Company's Newest Trimmer Vibe
The timeless rapper is a brand ambassador for the latest in the cutting-edge grooming system's product lineup. Calling all fellas: Bevel, the revolutionary shaving ...
- Hidden trends in corporate America’s travel and expenses Recode
The world's $1.4 trillion business travel industry is changing. As companies spend an increasing amount on travel and expenses, online disruptors have sprung ...
- Why Roku isn’t afraid of competition from Apple, Google and Amazon Recode
For years, the TV streaming platform and hardware maker Roku has had to answer the same question a lot: With Apple, Google, Amazon and other tech giants ...
- Watch Scott Galloway’s presentation on the future of retail Recode
Here are some of his most interesting predictions from the Code Commerce stage.
- John Skipper, ESPN’s former president, is back ... at a rival sports media company. Recode
Skipper's new goal is to make watching sports online a big business, starting in the U.S. with boxing.
- Exclusive: Bevel Has Launched An Easy New Way To "Find Your Barber" Nationwide Vibe
Walker & Company Brands has released their new nationwide life-fixer, "Find Your Barber: Bevel's Guide to the Best Barbershops." Ask any woman who cares ...
- 'It's a real community event': Hundreds participate in Elgin Valley Fox Trot Chicago Tribune
Hundreds of runners, walkers, children, spectators and even pets gathered in downtown Elgin for the 41st annual Elgin Valley Fox Trot.
- Amazon’s opposition to Rooney Rule diversity plan is angering employees Recode
Tensions surfaced last week on an employee email thread, viewed by Recode, following Amazon's opposition to a shareholder proposal that would require its ...
- Think Tank: Which In-Store Tech Offerings Do Shoppers Really Care About? WWD
Farla Efros, president of HRC Retail Advisory, shares insights from the firm's recent consumer survey.
- Hearing Scheduled for May 17 Over Jackie Rogers International’s Ownership WWD
A hearing is expected to take place on May 17 in New York State Supreme Court in the ongoing battle between designer Jackie Rogers and a former executive ...
- Amazon’s HQ2 announcement is coming. Compare the finalists. Recode
After more than a year of fanfare, competition and city government prostrations, Amazon's announcement of its second headquarters location is imminent.
- ‘Billions’ co-creator Brian Koppelman says everyone knows how to tell a great story — but few get the chance Recode
On the latest episode of Recode Media with Peter Kafka, filmmaker and writer Brian Koppelman talks with Kafka about co-creating the hit Showtime series ...
- #BuyBlack: ESSENCE List of 89 Black-Owned Businesses to Shop for the Holidays Essence.com
This Christmas, ESSENCE wants you to #BuyBlack! According to a ESSENCE/Nielsen Report, Black buying power is close to $1.3 trillion. So, why not use your ...
- Inequality in Silicon Valley is getting worse: Wages are down for everyone but the top 10 percent Recode
In America's tech capital, the rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer.
- Elites like Amazon’s Jeff Bezos think they’re being philanthropic. But they could do so much more. Recode
"Winners Take All" author Anand Giridharadas says elites only help on their own terms — and never in any way that would endanger their own extreme wealth.
- Whatever Happened to ... Ridge Road Station? Rochester Democrat and Chronicle
The world's largest wagon was on display at one time at this store that started as a model-train dealer. Here's what happened to it.
- Uber’s retreat from Southeast Asia makes India, the Middle East and Latin America the next battlegrounds Recode
Uber is whittling down the international markets it operates in so it can focus on core regions it feels like it can win.
- Wearables pioneer Jawbone is back with a new mission: Warning you about health problems you didn’t know you h… Recode
Jawbone Health CEO Hosain Rahman reflects on past mistakes and explains what's next on Recode Decode.
- Annakiki RTW Spring 2019 WWD
Chinese designer Anna Yang, who has dressed Beyoncé's daughter Blue Ivy, has more camera-ready outfits up her sleeve.
- Whatever Happened to ... Lipani’s Italian bakery? Rochester Democrat and Chronicle
Lipani's sold goodies like cookies and brownies, but the main business was bread. The business may be gone, but the memories live on.
- Courrèges RTW Spring 2019 WWD
The collection oscillated between crazy club gear telegraphing cool kids of the Berlin scene that the designer is part of and tamer items.
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg’s Congress testimony: Live updates, video Recode
We're back for Day 2 of Mark Zuckerberg-fest here in Washington, D.C. The Facebook CEO is set to testify again today about the company's data and privacy ...
- Gen Xers spend more on financial 'vices' than other age groups - Bizwomen The Business Journals
Anne Stych, Contributing Writer Sep 17, 2018, 10:02am EDT. Gen Xers spend more on financial 'vices' than other age groups. Getty Images (JoeLena). And no ...
- How Martin Luther King Jr. helped Memphis sanitation workers fight for their dignity The Commercial Appeal
Back in 1968, the black sanitation workers' strike pushed Memphis into the forefront of the civil rights struggle.
- Land transactions for the week of Oct. 10, 2018 - Shelby County Reporter Shelby County Reporter
The following deeds were transferred in Shelby County from Sept. 10-18: Sept. 10. -Wendell Rotenberry to Conrex Master LLC, for $126,500, Lot 11 of Monte ...
- Amazon merchants selling more than $1M a year doubles from year before Recode
Nineteen percent of these merchants grossed more than $1 million in sales, up from 10 percent last year.
- Facebook took down almost 1.3 billion fake accounts in last six months Recode
Facebook disabled nearly 1.3 billion "fake" accounts over the past two quarters, many of them bots "with the intent of spreading spam or conducting illicit ...
- Mary Meeker: China has nine of the world’s biggest internet companies Recode
China is catching up as a hub to the world's biggest internet companies. Five years ago, China had just two of the world's biggest public tech companies by ...
- Resy is winning newer, cooler restaurants away from OpenTable Recode
For more than a decade, online restaurant reservations pioneer OpenTable was seemingly the only place you could go to book a table online. Now, in four years ...
- Apple earnings: R.I.P. for real, iPhone X ‘super cycle’ Recode
That's up three percent from the same time last year.
- Coalescence-induced jumping of droplets on superomniphobic surfaces with macrotexture Science Advances
When two liquid droplets coalesce on a superrepellent surface, the excess surface energy is partly converted to upward kinetic energy, and the coalesced ...
- Elon Musk says he ‘probably’ wouldn’t take money from Saudi Arabia now Recode
Elon Musk unintentionally avoided a real crisis of happenstance this fall. Just a few weeks after Musk shelved an ambitious plan to take Tesla private — financed ...
- Nicopanda RTW Spring 2019 WWD
Nicola Formichetti's Nicopanda spring 2019 collection was a tribute to people who like to party hard. Really hard.
- Olivier Theyskens RTW Spring 2019 WWD
There was something quite seductive and badass about the clothes, even the delicate ones, in Olivier Theyskens spring 2019 collection.
- Whatever Happened to ... Rochester's swimmobile? Rochester Democrat and Chronicle
There are still plenty of ways for kids to keep cool in the summer. But the times of the swimmobile coming to a neighborhood are long gone.
- Memphis sanitation strike met with hostility, misunderstanding from media The Commercial Appeal
The city's media generally responded with tepid interest to the workers' plight and unalloyed hostility to the walkout and “outsiders” like Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Whatever Happened to ... J. B. Hunter stores? Rochester Democrat and Chronicle
The Hunter stores had restaurants and beauty parlors to go along with all kinds of merchandise offerings.
- Ne-Yo on Being a ‘Good Man’ WWD
"I feel like a new artist again," explained the singer-songwriter ahead of releasing his seventh studio album next month.
- Emanuel Ungaro RTW Spring 2019 WWD
Emanuel Ungaro has never been shy about breaking the fashion mold. In 2009, it tapped Lindsay Lohan as artistic adviser alongside an almost unknown chief ...
- A Stronger Tika Sumpter in the Spotlight WWD
Tika Sumpter's years of hard work are finally reaping the rewards, with a slew of projects hitting — first being David Lowery's "The Old Man and the Gun.".
- Crystal Moselle, in With the ‘Skate Kitchen’ Crew WWD
"Skate Kitchen" and "Wolfpack" director Crystal Moselle on working with Jaden Smith and the female skate crew Skate Kitchen.
- Big Country Player of the Week: Coahoma QB Zack Schneider leads team to first district win ReporterNews.com
When facing Coahoma, a defense must contend with the passing and rushing ability of quarterback Zack Schneider.
- Ulla Johnson RTW Spring 2019 WWD
A variety of cultural references and artisanal techniques informed this feminine, effortlessly chic collection.
- 15 black-owned skincare lines to buy from Blavity
Black-owned beauty brands have taken the cosmetics world by storm. Not only are black-owned companies making high-quality products, they're making them ...
- Spotify’s first day of trading ended up being surprisingly normal Recode
If you were expecting Spotify stock to fluctuate wildly on its first day of trading, you were wrong. Spotify and its direct listing had a fairly unremarkable public ...
- Seed investor and lacrosse player Paul Rabil on Too Embarrassed: transcript Recode
On this episode of Too Embarrassed to Ask, professional lacrosse player, entrepreneur and investor Paul Rabil talks with Recode's Kara Swisher and her son ...
- Church members head to crime scene | Local News | northwestgeorgianews.com Northwest Georgia News
As Rome police are questioning the surviving victims of a Calhoun Avenue gunfight that left one man dead, members of a nearby church are preparing to walk ...
- Uber’s first diversity report under CEO Khosrowshahi: Still white, male Recode
Uber, long opposed to reporting the demographics of its employees, has released its second diversity report ever and first public report under new CEO Dara ...
- Happy Halloween From Lily-Rose Depp and V Magazine WWD
Lily-Rose Depp celebrated her V Magazine cover with a Halloween party thrown with Chanel in New York.
- “Swiped” HBO documentary - director Nancy Jo Sales explains why swiping on Tinder is addictive Recode
Journalist Nancy Jo Sales talks about the gamification of dating and her new HBO documentary "Swiped" on the latest Recode Decode podcast.
- Eyeing a 2020 run, Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti explains how he (or someone else) could beat Trump Recode
In U.S. history, no one has been directly elected out of the mayor's office and into the presidency — but Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti is “thinking hard” about ...
- Tech diversity: How Facebook compares to other tech companies Recode
Here's how Facebook compares with other companies as far as overall employment, leadership and tech employment for women, blacks and LatinX people.
- Police blotter 8-10-18 Wyoming Tribune
Recently arrested by the Cheyenne Police Department: David W. Kaser, 48, transient, for entering onto another person's property at 7:23 p.m. Tuesday in the ...
- Chanel, Serpentine Galleries Light Up Hyde Park WWD
The Serpentine joined forces with Chanel again for its annual summer gala to bring the fashion and art crowds for an evening in Hyde Park.
- Unlike some athletes, former NFL star Maurice Jones-Drew doesn’t want to be a venture capitalist Recode
When he moved home to the San Francisco Bay Area for his final season in the NFL, Maurice Jones-Drew was thinking about playing football in front of his ...
- Cozy redecorated Tosa bungalow filled with meaningful pieces Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
Vilas Kraut's home is filled with furniture and accent pieces that he says give it a “cozy clutter” sort of look. But he didn't just fill his Lannon stone bungalow with ...
- Evidence of an early projectile point technology in North America at the Gault Site, Texas, USA Science Advances
American archeology has long been polarized over the issue of a human presence in the Western Hemisphere earlier than Clovis. As evidence of early sites ...
- West Texas Fair & Rodeo results 2018 ReporterNews.com
Adult Clothing Best of Show – Yvonne Collison Ladies Suit-Jacket & Skirt or Jacket & Pants – 1. Yvonne Collison; 2. Lidia Samya Ladies Long Dress – 1.
- Amazon and Snapchat are eating into Google and Facebook ad market share Recode
Google and Facebook — the world's biggest online ad companies — could see their share of U.S. digital advertising decline for the first time, thanks to slowing ...
- Hillary Clinton is pretty critical of Facebook, including its executives Recode
Unlike Mark Zuckerberg, "I'm not hiding anybody's data," she joked in a live taping of the Recode Decode podcast.
- Kim Kardashian, Zendaya Up the Star Wattage at MTV Movie & TV Awards 2018 Red Carpet WWD
The show, airing Monday, was hosted by Tiffany Haddish and drew Chris Pratt, Nick Jonas, Chadwick Boseman, Aubrey Plaza, Olivia Munn & more.
- Tesla’s latest Autopilot crash is just one of many problems it is now dealing with Recode
A fatal crash, production problems and now a recall.
- 1899 Queen Anne-style Waukesha home is perfect fit at 3,200 square feet Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
An 1899 Waukesha home had been restored and updated recently. That enabled Greg and Michele Young to add stylish touches of their own.
- Benchmark is selling $900 million of its holdings in Uber Recode
Benchmark Capital will end up selling about $900 million of its Uber stock to SoftBank and other buyers, or about 14.5 percent of the venture capital firm's ...
- Ford CEO: Together, let’s take back the streets for living Recode
This is a contributed article by Jim Hackett, president and CEO of Ford Motor Company, who is delivering a keynote address at CES on Tuesday, Jan. 9, at 9 am ...
- AmfAR Marks New Chapter in Cannes WWD
AmfAR marked its 25th birthday with a new all-female group of chairs, a performance by Grace Jones and a record-breaking clothing sale.
- Red Valentino RTW Spring 2019 WWD
After taking his girl to the moon for his resort offering, Pierpaolo Piccioli has grounded his Red Valentino girl for Spring Summer.
- These 27 Young Influentials Are Shaking Up Media, Marketing, Tech and Entertainment Adweek
Adweek introduces the 2015 class of Young Influentials, 27 individuals from media, marketing, tech and entertainment who are remaking business and culture.
- "Game of Thrones" Leads Way With 22 Emmy Nominations; Netflix Tops Networks With 112 SHOOT Online
"Game of Thrones" roared back onto the Emmy battlefield, topping Thursday's nominations with 22 bids but with a formidable opponent in last year's winner "The ...
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s royal wedding offers media an epic, planned news event Recode
On Saturday, a hundred thousand people are expected to crowd the tiny town of Windsor, England, to watch the royal wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan ...
- Standard Journal Area Calendar of Events from the Wednesday, Aug. 8, 2018 edition Northwest Georgia News
The revival at Lakview Baptist Church got underway this past Sunday and continues through Saturday night, Aug. 11. Come to the church this week at 7:30 p.m. ...
- Amazon could receive nearly 44 percent of U.S. e-commerce sales in 2017 Recode
Amazon's e-commerce sales are expected to grow 32 percent to $196.8 billion dollars this year in the U.S., or 43.5 percent of total e-commerce sales, according ...
- Whatever Happened to ... Jay's Record Ranch? Rochester Democrat and Chronicle
Jay's Record Ranch was a Rochester record shop where kids flocked to buy the latest rock-and-roll 45s that were climbing the pop charts.
- The 55 Unknown Rock Stars In Tech, According To Marc Andreessen Business Insider
This time, Andreessen was inspired by Jessica Lessin's article in The Information, "Silicon Valley's Frontman Problem." In it, Lessin questioned whether Silicon ...
- INFLUENCE PEDDLER: Lilit Caradanian, From MUA to Multimillion-Dollar Beauty Brand WWD
Lilit Caradanian officially “retired” as a makeup artist after 15 years last November to focus on her burgeoning cosmetics brand, Elcie Cosmetics — much to the ...
- P.E. Nation Wins National Designer Prize in Melbourne WWD
The award is the latest accolade for the up-and-coming ath-leisure brand from Sydney, which boasts over 100 stockists.
- Direct Traffic Rules Global E-commerce — Especially in Fashion WWD
In its annual study of e-commerce, online solution provider SEMrush noted that direct traffic to sites remains the largest portion of e-commerce while as mobile ...
- The 50th Anniversary of the Sanitation Workers Strike that cleaned up Memphis The Chicago Cusader
By Charlene Crowell, Chicago Crusader Newspaper Group Special Edition As much of the nation paused to commemorate the Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday...
- Most Americans think big tech should be regulated like big banks Recode
Some 53 percent of Americans believe big tech companies should be regulated by the federal government, much like big banks are, according to a new survey ...
- Prada Sets 65 Million Euros Sponsorship for Luna Rossa WWD
Privately owned by Patrizio Bertelli, the Luna Rossa sailing team will make its return to the America's Cup.
- GVGV RTW Fall 2018 WWD
Name: G.V.G.V.. Main message: The designer who goes by the name Mug showed a psychedelic offering of relaxed wide-leg pants, sweatshirts and track ...
- Joel Kinnaman on The Power of Transformation WWD
Joel Kinnaman pulls up a photo on his phone of intricately wrapped gifts, one of the perks of a worldwide press tour. His bounty from Seoul — where he'd visited ...
- Carolina Herrera RTW Fall 2018 WWD
Carolina Herrera's retirement show was both an ode to her legacy of glamour and polish and a welcome party for her successor, Wes Gordon.
- Recent home sales in central Ohio The Columbus Dispatch
Delaware 43015 947 Ballater Dr.; $400,000 130 Beech Dr.; $260,000 453 Blaisdell Dr.; $234,900 127 Bricknell Way; $250,000 882 Brittany Dr.; $217,750
- Sundance Film Festival 2018: 15 Films You Need to See WWD
These buzzy indies star Kristen Stewart, Daisy Ridley, Chloë Grace Moretz, Suki Waterhouse, Tessa Thompson, Rose Byrne and Robert Pattinson.
- Will Facebook be regulated? A recap of Mark Zuckerberg’s trip to Congress. Recode
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg spent a lot of this week talking to lawmakers, testifying in front of representatives from both houses of Congress over a two-day ...
- New Zeeland: happy returns to the Netherlands coast The Guardian
As a child, Caroline van Keeken hated family trips to this sleepy coast. But it's now a popular holiday destination – and it turns out travelling with her livewire ...
- Jacksonville man convicted of killing father and son has death sentence reversed because of ineffective attorneys Florida Times-Union
A Jacksonville man convicted of killing a drug dealer and the dealer's 13-year-old son had his death sentence overturned Thursday when the Florida Supreme ...
- For MLK50, Memphis pledges $900K to surviving 1968 sanitation strikers The Commercial Appeal
Nearly 50 years after the Memphis sanitation strike, the city will offer the 14 living strikers $50000 grants and will also contribute more to current workers' ...
- Education shoutouts - Salisbury Post Salisbury Post
Shive Elementary. The following students made the All A honor roll for the third quarter: Second grade: Alyssa Erickson, Kinsley Moore, Jenny Pless, Bryson ...
- Business Insider 40 Under 40: People To Watch Business Insider
Courtesy of Theranos Age, as they say, ain't nothing but a number, and that's especially true when it comes to how much a person can achieve at a young age.
- The 46 Most Important African-Americans In Technology Business Insider
But that is changing. In February of this year, Apple appointed Denise Young Smith to lead its worldwide human resources division — a position previously held ...
- Investigation: Drug court rehabs survive on forced labor The Spokesman-Review
Judges across the country are ordering defendants into recovery centers that are little more than work camps for private industry, an investigation by Reveal from ...
- Blake Lively, Emily Blunt and Zendaya Show Love for Michael Kors WWD
The designer presented his fall 2018 collection with a show at Lincoln Center on New York Fashion Week's final day.
- On ‘SNL,’ Will Ferrell advertises deodorant for the harassers outed by #TimesUp Recode
Will Ferrell returned to “Saturday Night Live” last night, and his best sketch was a topical one: “Next: For Men,” an advertisement for deodorant targeted at the ...
- Meet Tim Kendall — the exec making sure Pinterest lives up to its $12 billion valuation Recode
Each morning, Tim Kendall wakes at 5:30 and draws himself a bath. Then the 40-year-old president of Pinterest dumps in a tray full of ice, uses a rubber duck ...
- More than 80 percent of women in tech say they feel pressure to return early from parental leave Recode
Tech employers are ahead of the national average in offering paid parental leave, but a new study shows that many women in tech are afraid to use those ...
- New Silicon Valley Stars Business Insider
Business Insider presents its annual list of the coolest people in Silicon Valley.
- HBO gives 'Insecure' star Issa Rae two-show deal - Bizwomen The Business Journals
HBO has announced it was offering "Insecure" star Issa Rae a development deal to create two more shows.