PlayVS is an esports league that gives high school students the chance to compete for a state championship. PlayVS is bringing esports to high schools around the U.S. in a major way, trying to turn the electronic gaming format into a legitimate school sport.
With PlayVS, students will be able to compete in esports in school, just as they would any other sport like baseball or softball. The platform will provide software and help schools define the rules for students to compete; in turn, students will form teams, and even faculty can get involved. Eventually, college recruiters can reach out to schools to scout for talent.
Sign up for the Moguldom newsletter — business news you need to know about economic empowerment for the digital age, delivered to your inbox.
- With investors knocking, PlayVS opens the door to a $30M Series B TechCrunch
- PlayVS Scores $30.5M To Build Infrastructure For High School Esports Crunchbase News
- PlayVS raises another $30 million for high school esports league L.A. Biz
- PlayVS raises $30.5 million for high school esports platform VentureBeat
- PlayVS Raises $30.5M in Series B, Adds Rocket League and SMITE The Esports Observer
- View full coverage on Google News
- How PlayVS founder Delane Parnell is bringing e-sports to high school Fast Company
With his PlayVS e-sports platform, Delane Parnell is creating a valuable scouting grounds for new tech talent.
- eSports Startup PlayVS Announces $30.5M Series B Funding Round Black Enterprise
PlayVS, the startup building the infrastructure and official platform for high school esports - announced its Series B funding of $30.5 million led by Elysian Park ...
- Top VC deals: Chinese AI robots land $150 million; a high school esports league picks up a major league backer CNBC
A weekly recap of the most interesting venture capital deals, funds and start-ups.
- Tristan Walker acquisition by Procter & Gamble Fast Company
Once a beacon for more minorities to join him in Silicon Valley, the former tech and media darling enters a deal that will help to secure his legacy—and P&G's.
- PlayVS scores $30.5 mln Series B PE Hub
PlayVS, which is building the infrastructure and official platform for high school esports, has secured $30.5 million in Series B funding. Elysian Park Ventures led ...
- Black Millennial Entrepreneur Raises $30.5M During Series B Funding News One
An eSports league platform created by a Black millennial from Detroit has garnered $30.5 million in funding.
- High School Esports Company PlayVS Raises $30.5 Million Series B Pulse 2.0
PlayVS is a Los Angeles-based high school esports company that announced it raised $30.5 million in Series B funding led by Elysian Park Ventures.
- High School E-Sports Teams Are About to Explode. Meet the Unusual Entrepreneur Helping Make That Happen Inc.
This fall, video games will be an official high school sport. Delane Parnell's startup is helping make it happen.
- PlayVS Announces 'Season Zero' Launch Date Los Angeles Business Journal
PlayVS Inc., the Santa Monica–headquartered high school e-sports league developer backed by Santa Monica-based Science Inc. announced Sept. 13 that Riot ...
- Bengals hold out hope WR Green could play vs Ravens CityNews Vancouver
CINCINNATI — The Bengals are leaving a slight possibility that receiver A.J. Green could play Sunday at Baltimore even though he hasn't practiced the last two ...
- PlayVS is bringing an eSports league to high schools across America Business Insider
Delane Parnell is the CEO and founder of PlayVS, a startup that's bringing a competitive video gaming league to high schools across the US.
- Electronic sports competitions are coming to high schools, thanks to start-up PlayVS CNBC
PlayVS is an esports platform for high school competitions. The company recently closed a $15 million round of funding from an A-list of investors.
- Term Sheet -- Monday, November 26 Fortune
Good morning, Term Sheet readers. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. To kick off your week, Fortune published an in-depth profile on legendary activist ...
- Oregon State turns the ball over to Oregon in a hilarious and horrendous trick play Yahoo News
Some trick plays are best left on the dry-erase board or the practice field. Just ask Oregon State. The Beavers gave the ball to Oregon in the third quarter on ...
- Pro Rata - November 21, 2018 Axios
Get-away day greetings. Pro Rata will be off tomorrow and Friday, but back at it Monday morning. Have a great Thanksgiving, and be sure to subscribe to the Pro ...
- Q&A: Detroit-born PlayVS founder Delane Parnell on esports, entrepreneurship and success Crain's Detroit Business
The entrepreneur closed on a $15 million Series A funding round last week and is gearing up to introduce competitive esports in high schools this fall in hopes of ...
- 49ers and Twitch Co-Founder Back PlayVS in $15M Funding Round The Esports Observer
The financing was led by New Enterprise Associates, a venture capital firm with a portfolio that includes Uber, Buzzfeed, and Tableau Software.
- This Black Millennial Is Disrupting The E-Gaming Industry News One
Delane Parnell, 25, launched a startup called PlayVS which is poised to disrupt the gaming industry.
- This company wants to send kids to college by putting esports in high schools Polygon
Last week, the National Federation of State High Schools, the primary U.S. leadership organization for high school sports, announced that it would roll out ...
- High school esports startup receives a investment from San Francisco 49ers and more Polygon
PlayVS, a start-up building the infrastructure to support high school esports, has received a massive round of funding from a star-studded collection of ...
- PlayVS is Bringing Esports to the High School Level Innovation & Tech Today
PlayVS, a startup out of Los Angeles, has signed an exclusive contract with the National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS) to provide support ...
- Houston's Ed Oliver cleared to play vs. SMU Chron
Ed Oliver was made a late scratch after UH made the announcement, see here for the update. DALLAS – Houston coach Major Applewhite says defensive tackle ...
- Packers Wednesday Injury Report: Kevin King sits out, looks unlikely to play vs. Miami Acme Packing Company
The Green Bay Packers got some fairly solid news on the injury front on Wednesday, as all but two players on the team's active roster suited up for practice.
- Esports Continues To Go Mainstream As Funding Surges In 2018 Crunchbase News
The esports craze is only getting bigger. Global venture investment in the fledgling field of organized professional competitive video gaming surged to $701 ...
- 49ers RB Breida will play vs. Chargers SFGate
CARSON - The 49ers won't have their franchise quarterback, but they will have their starting running back for today's game against the Chargers at StubHub ...
- Packers’ Randall Cobb & Geronimo Allison unlikely to play vs. 49ers, per report Acme Packing Company
All week, it seemed that there was a good chance that the Green Bay Packers would be back to full strength at wide receiver. It was hardly a sure thing, to be ...
- Will Penn State's Juwan Johnson play vs. Iowa? Why Ricky Slade sat at Indiana, and other James Franklin takeaways PennLive.com
Penn State head coach James Franklin before the Indiana game at Memorial Stadium in Bloomington, IN on Oct. 20, 2018. Joe Hermitt | firstname.lastname@example.org ...
- Texans' Jadeveon Clowney says he'll play vs. Giants Chron
Outside linebacker Jadeveon Clowney said Thursday he will play in the Texans' game against the New York Giants on Sunday at NRG Stadium. Clowney was ...
- Golden Knights’ Max Pacioretty could play vs. Maple Leafs Las Vegas Review-Journal
Max Pacioretty will participate in the Golden Knights morning skate, and barring a setback, is expected to play Tuesday against the host Maple Leafs at ...
- 49ers CBs Sherman, Ward won’t play vs. Rams’ top-ranked offense San Francisco Chronicle
In a surprise, the 49ers will be without cornerback Richard Sherman today against the Rams due to a lingering calf injury that had made his status questionable.
- Texas injury report: RB Keaontay Ingram doubtful to play vs. No. 22 USC Chron
AUSTIN – The good news is dynamic freshman running back Keaontay Ingram did not sustain any severe meniscal damage during Saturday's 28-21 win over ...
- 30 AND UNDER: The tech industry's rising stars in 2018 Business Insider
BI PRIME: From crypto to AI, these innovators are changing the world, and they're all ages 30 and under.
- Sega shakes up Atlus leadership L.A. Biz
Atlus U.S.A. Inc., a subsidiary of Sega of America Inc. that publishes Japanese video games for the North American market, has new leadership. Ian Curran ...
- Redskins' Trent Williams looks more likely to play vs. Saints, but Josh Doctson might not SFGate
Redskins tackle Trent Williams did not take part in any team drills on Friday's practice but he seems to have recovered enough from bursa sac surgery on his ...
- 13 young venture capitalists in Los Angeles tech to watch INSIDER
BI Prime: These are the young venture capitalists who are shaping the Los Angeles tech scene into the Silicon Valley of tomorrow.
- PLAY vs. SBUX: Which Stock Should Value Investors Buy Now? Zacks.com
Investors interested in Retail - Restaurants stocks are likely familiar with Dave & Buster's (PLAY - Free Report) and Starbucks (SBUX - Free Report) . But which of ...
- After 'great week,' Baldwin set to play vs. Cardinals The Daily Herald
The Seahawks wide receiver will return Sunday after missing the past two games with a knee injury.
- Jaguars' Jalen Ramsey listed as questionable, Marrone says he's 50-50 to play vs. Cowboys CBSSports.com
The Jacksonville Jaguars are coming off a tough loss to the Kansas City Chiefs during which they allowed Patrick Mahomes and company to move the ball up ...
- Trey Flowers injury news: Patriots defensive end expects to play vs. Dolphins WEEI
FOXBORO -- The Patriots should be getting at least one of their best defenders back on the field Sunday against Miami.
- Chandler Will Start, Muscala Ready to Play vs Heat 973espn.com
The Sixers will be without Jimmy Butler on Monday night in Miami against the Heat, he is expected to be ready to play on Wednesday night in Orlando, but they ...
- Bishop Gorman grad, USC safety Bubba Bolden won’t play vs. UNLV Las Vegas Review-Journal
Bubba Bolden, who went to Bishop Gorman and won the starting job at strong safety for Southern California, will not play against UNLV on Saturday. Trojans ...
- Jurgen Klopp: Xherdan Shaqiri Will Not Play vs. Red Star over Reception Concerns Bleacher Report
Jurgen Klopp has explained that Xherdan Shaqiri will not make the trip with Liverpool to face Red Star Belgrade on Tuesday in the UEFA Champions League ...
- Breaking down the Kentucky quarterback play vs. Central Michigan A Sea Of Blue
Breaking down the good and the bad of Terry Wilson and Gunnar Hoak against Central Michigan.
- Manchester United's Alexis Sanchez 'has to play' vs. San Jose Earthquakes - Jose Mourinho KGO-TV
Sources have told ESPN FC Sanchez is due to land in Los Angeles on Friday after he was finally granted permission to travel by U.S. authorities.
- Ranking Mark Dantonio’s 100 wins: Historic play vs. UM comes in at No. 5 The Only Colors
Yeah, like you really need a refresher of this game. The first game in the top five is maybe the one game you'll never forget. At the very least, you'll at least carry ...
- Prep notes: North volleyball handling highs and lows, Martin might not play vs. High Norman Transcript
At first glance, the Norman North volleyball season seems to be going to script.
- Pelicans' Anthony Davis: Won't play vs. Portland CBSSports.com
Davis (elbow) isn't available for Thursday's game against the Trail Blazers. Davis was listed as doubtful and although he managed to participate in pregame ...
- Caesars Entertainment CEO Mark Frissora leaving company Las Vegas Review-Journal
Mark Frissora, Caesars Entertainment Corp.'s CEO since July 2015, will leave the company early next year.
- Jimmy Butler to Play vs. Warriors After Missing Jazz Game Amid Trade Request Bleacher Report NBA
Minnesota Timberwolves head coach Tom Thibodeau said shooting guard Jimmy Butler will play in Friday night's game against the two-time defending NBA ...
- James Harden Injured, Will Not Play vs. Trail Blazers Blazer's Edge
When the Portland Trail Blazers line up against the Houston Rockets next Tuesday, they will not face All-NBA guard James Harden, who is down with a ...
- Redskins Injury Updates: Chris Thompson and Jamison Crowder not expected to play vs Panthers Hogs Haven
Adam Schefter dropped two late Saturday night tweets that are not good for the Redskins offense today. WR Jamison Crowder and RB Chris Thompson are not ...
- Redskins Injury Update: Chris Thompson not expected to play vs Cowboys Hogs Haven
Chris Thompson should not be allowed to play the New Orleans Saints anymore. Last year he broke his leg and missed the rest of the season. This year he ...
- Florida’s CJ Henderson expected to play vs. Missouri Alligator Army
The Gators should get their most valuable defender back after a back bruise suffered against Georgia.
- Grading Michael Dickson’s drop kicks, the Seahawks’ best play vs. Bears SB Nation
The plays of the night between the Seahawks and the Bears weren't made by Russell Wilson, Khalil Mack, or Prince Amukamara. They were made by one of the ...
- Bucs DT Vita Vea, CB Brent Grimes return to practice, could play vs. Steelers Tampa Bay Times
TAMPA — For the first time in seven weeks, Vita Vea played football Thursday.At least it looked like the rookie defensive tackle was playing football when he ...
- With Cassell away, South takes annual match play vs. North Terre Haute Tribune Star
After shooting a 35 and outdueling Terre Haute North senior Brandon O'Neal, Abe Nasser sent the "Nassell Cup" trophy home with freshman Ryan Lieberman.
- Pelicans star Anthony Davis (elbow) to play vs. Warriors NBA.com
All-Star Anthony Davis will return tonight for the New Orleans Pelicans after missing the last two games because of an elbow injury. Pelicans coach Alvin Gentry ...
- Jose Mourinho Talks Paul Pogba Incident, Says Star Will Play vs. West Ham Bleacher Report
Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho has addressed reports that he has stripped Paul Pogba of his vice-captaincy by saying "no player is bigger than the ...
- Anthony Davis Will Not Play vs. Jazz After Elbow Injury Diagnosed as Sprain Bleacher Report
The New Orleans Pelicans will be without center Anthony Davis against the Utah Jazz on Saturday night after he was diagnosed with a sprained right elbow.
- Rob Gronkowski Won't Play vs. Packers Because of Back Injury Bleacher Report NFL
The New England Patriots announced tight end Rob Gronkowski will not play Sunday's game against the Green Bay Packers because of a back injury.
- NC State transfer TE Cary Angeline cleared to play vs Marshall Backing The Pack
One silver lining from the cancellation of the NC State-West Virginia game is an update on the status of Redshirt Sophomore TE Cary Angeline. There had been ...
- Bryce Love Will Not Play vs. Utah Because of Ankle Injury Bleacher Report
Stanford running back Bryce Love has been ruled out for Saturday night's game against Utah because of an ankle injury, the team announced on Twitter.
- Tyler Eifert, Vontaze Burfict among Bengals not expected to play vs. Cowboys Cincy Jungle
Burfict is battling an ankle injury that's kept him sidelined for much of the past week.
- June Esports Investment Recap: A Quiet Month, $26M Invested The Esports Observer
Despite a precipitous fall compared to last month, June saw esports investment activity across the industry, from professional teams to startups.
- Oregon State QB Jake Luton unlikely to play vs. Arizona Arizona Desert Swarm
The Oregon State Beavers have split quarterbacking duties this season, but it looks like that won't be an option for them Saturday when they host the Arizona ...
- QB Tagovailoa will play vs. The Citadel Local 5 - WeAreIowa.com
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (AP) Alabama coach Nick Saban says he has no plans not to play quarterback Tua Tagovailoa this week against The Citadel.
- Celtics continue tournament play vs Portland Trail Blazers Liberty Ballers
The Celtics face the 2nd seeded Portland Trailblazers in the quarterfinals of Las Vegas Summer League playoffs.
- Hot Jeremy Hellickson makes Nationals the play vs. Brewers New York Post
In an effort to make the Daily News great again the 12 people working the photo desk were rumored to be fired. New York's Picture Newspaper … In the...
- Le'Veon Bell Won't Play vs. Chiefs as Contract Holdout Continues Bleacher Report NFL
Le'Veon Bell will sit out the Pittsburgh Steelers ' home opener against the Kansas City Chiefs on Sunday and miss his second consecutive game, according to ...
- Panthers coach Rivera optimistic Olsen will play vs Redskins WRALSportsFan.com
Panthers coach Ron Rivera is optimistic that three-time Pro Bowl tight end Greg Olsen will play Sunday against the Redskins after participating in his third ...
- Vikings' Everson Griffen to Play vs. Saints; His 1st Game Since Hotel Incident Bleacher Report NFL
The Minnesota Vikings will have defensive end Everson Griffen back for Sunday's game against the New Orleans Saints ...
- Clemson QB Trevor Lawrence to Play vs. Wake Forest After Suffering Injury Bleacher Report
After leaving last week's game against Syracuse because of neck and head injuries, Clemson Tigers quarterback Trevor Lawrence is expected to play against ...
- Mariota practices for Titans, expected to play vs. Texans Tampa Bay Times
Titans quarterback Marcus Mariota has practiced fully and is expected to play this week after being knocked out of Tennessee's season opener with an injury to ...
- Report: Jimmy Butler Expected to Play vs. Clippers Amid Trade Rumors Bleacher Report NBA
Jimmy Butler 's hiatus will reportedly be just one game. According to Chris Haynes of Yahoo Sports, Butler "is expected to be available" for Monday's contest ...
- Stephon Gilmore came to play vs the Bills...again Pats Pulpit
The former Buffalo Bill seems to enjoy making life miserable for the team that let him walk in 2017. So do we.
- Anthony Davis Will Not Play vs. Nuggets Because of Elbow Injury Bleacher Report
New Orleans Pelicans superstar Anthony Davis will not play Monday night against the Denver Nuggets because of an elbow injury . Davis also sat out ...
- Tom Brady says he expects to play vs. Eagles KYW Newsradio 1060
By Andrew Porter. PHILADELPHIA (94WIP SportsRadio) — Tom Brady told WEEI on Tuesday that he "absolutely" expects to play in Thursday's preseason game ...
- Rob Gronkowski Unlikely to Play vs. Bears with Back, Ankle Injuries Bleacher Report NFL
New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski is "highly unlikely" to play against the Chicago Bears on Sunday as he continues to nurse back and ankle ...
- Wisconsin football: Isaiahh Loudermilk expected to play vs. New Mexico Bucky's 5th Quarter
Plus, reaction to Zack Baun's first game action in over a season.
- Kawhi Leonard Will Not Play vs. Lakers Because of Foot Injury Bleacher Report NBA
Toronto Raptors star Kawhi Leonard will not play Sunday's game against the Los Angeles Lakers because of a sore left foot. Tim Bontemps of ESPN.com ...
- Blackhawks’ Patrick Kane will play vs. Oilers Second City Hockey
Patrick Kane will be back in action Thursday against the Oilers in Edmonton after sitting out the Blackhawks' game Wednesday in Vancouver due to an illness.
- Report: Aaron Rodgers 'Clearly Pushing to Play' vs. Vikings with Knee Injury Bleacher Report NFL
Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers is hoping to play in Sunday's key NFC North matchup against the Minnesota Vikings , according to Ian Rapoport ...
- In-depth analysis of the Steelers backup QB play vs. the Eagles Behind the Steel Curtain
BTSC takes a closer look at Thursday's performances by the three understudies to Ben Roethlisberger.
- Pierre Garcon Doubtful to Play vs. Cardinals in Week 8 Due to Knee Injury Bleacher Report NFL
The San Francisco 49ers may have to play in Week 8 without wide receiver Pierre Garcon . Per NBC Sports Bay Area's Jennifer Lee Chan , Garcon is officially ...
- Forget Friday Night Lights, Esports Is Becoming the Next Varsity Obsession Bleacher Report
In the early 2000s, Mason Mullenioux was trying to find where he fit in at Blue Springs High School. Located in a suburb outside Kansas City, Missouri, Blue ...
- Ben Simmons Won't Play vs. Pistons Due to Back Injury Bleacher Report NBA
Philadelphia 76ers star point guard Ben Simmons will not play in Tuesday's game against the Detroit Pistons due to a back injury. Keith Pompey of the Philly ...
- Film Review: inside linebacker play vs. New England Arrowhead Pride
Buckle up, it's time to have a serious talk about the inside linebacker position and what's going on.
- Report: Jarvis Landry to Play vs. Jets; Listed as Questionable with Knee Injury Bleacher Report NFL
Cleveland Browns wide receiver Jarvis Landry is reportedly expected to play in Thursday night's Week 3 game against the New York Jets despite a knee injury...
- Discovery to launch PGA Tour streaming service outside U.S. L.A. Biz
Discovery has signed a 12-year, multibillion-dollar deal for global multiplatform rights to the PGA Tour outside the United States.
- Silicon Valley's AfroTech chooses Detroit for first regional conference Crain's Detroit Business
A minority technology conference in San Francisco is branching out for the first time to shine its light on Detroit's tech community. AfroTech, an annual forum ...
- UK Football: Dorian Baker was suspended vs. Tennessee Vols; will play vs. MTSU Blue Raiders A Sea Of Blue
Wide receiver Dorian Baker was absent from Kentucky's game at Tennessee due to a suspension.
- Football: Wildcatz survive sloppy play vs. Clippers SaukValley.com
AMBOY – The record might say 2-0, but first-year Eastland-Pearl City coach Jared McNutt was at a loss for words Friday night following the Wildcatz's 26-16 road ...
- Blackhawks’ Brandon Saad will play vs. Coyotes Second City Hockey
Brandon Saad will play against the Coyotes Thursday at the United Center after wearing a white jersey as a healthy scratch earlier this week.
- Richard Sherman injury: 49ers cornerback expected to play vs. Cardinals Niners Nation
Heck of a turnaround for the 49ers veteran cornerback!
- Adam Jones, Tramaine Brock Expected To Play vs. Chiefs CBS Denver
By Zack Kelberman. DENVER (247 SPORTS) – If there's a silver lining to facing Patrick Mahomes and the high-flying Chiefs, it's that Denver should be at full ...
- Marvin Lewis says Bengals center Billy Price could play vs. Buccaneers Cincy Jungle
Billy Price, the Bengals' first-round rookie center, has been sidelined since the Bengals' Week 2 Thursday night game against the Ravens. He suffered a foot ...
- Don't expect Yankees to be an automatic play vs. league's worst New York Post
Though there will be some added emotion when the Yankees visit Derek Jeter's Marlins on Tuesday and Wednesday nights, the pinstripes will still be heavy...
- Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Will Play vs. Chiefs Despite Elbow Injury Bleacher Report NFL
Le'Veon Bell may not be in the backfield for the Pittsburgh Steelers in Week 2, but quarterback Ben Roethlisberger reportedly will be...
- Ben Roethlisberger’s play vs. the blitz in 2018 has been tremendous Behind the Steel Curtain
The Pittsburgh Steelers franchise quarterback, Ben Roethlisberger, is known for a very unique skill set. There are just certain aspects of the quarterback position ...