AptDeco is an online marketplace for buying and selling quality preowned furniture.
AptDeco offers a complete end-to-end process to bring back the joy of discovering amazing furniture finds again. With a trusted and verified community of buyers and sellers, pre-arranged pick up and delivery and a secure payment process you can finally sit back, relax and enjoy your finds while they take care of those pesky details in the background!
- How a Creepy Incident Prompted AptDeco’s CEO to Launch Her Startup Observer
Five years ago Reham Fagiri and Kalam Dennis co-founded AptDeco, a startup that streamlines buying and selling moderate to high-end used furniture in ...
- AptDeco CEO to Entrepreneurs: Fundraising is a Commitment Black Enterprise
For ambitious entrepreneurs, 'fundraising' and 'startup' are attractive words. But they aren't easy to put into action when building a business or raising capital.
- YC’s AptDeco Gives Apartment-Hopping New Yorkers A Better Way To Buy & Sell Furniture TechCrunch
Moving sucks. Especially if you have to jettison a load of furniture the next time you swap states or switch apartments. AptDeco, just graduating from YC, ...
- Go inside the beautiful home of a former Goldman Sachs engineer-turned-startup-founder Business Insider
Reham Fagiri knows from experience how annoying it can be to sell your used furniture when you're moving. That's why she, along with co-founder Kalam ...
- How furniture resale site Kaiyo plans to out-green the competition Business of Home
In 2019, there's no shortage of places to buy and sell used furniture. You've got Chairish, AptDeco, Poshmark and Craigslist (if you dare), just to name a few.
- The ‘Circular Economy’ Rolls Into New York City The Wall Street Journal
Some circular-economy startups—companies that focus on recycling and re-use—say it's tough to get most consumers to participate, but they're “on the path to ...
- AptDeco is a Marketplace for Gently Used Furniture AlleyWatch
The city offers more NYC used furniture than most other cities combined and AptDeco is your place to find this furniture.
- Nice move: Sofa, so good for NYC-based used furniture marketplace AptDeco New York Daily News
Kalam Dennis and Reham Fagiri are hoping to give budget-conscious New Yorkers a better option for buying and selling "preowned" home furnishings with ...
- Extending product life to build a circular economy GreenBiz
"Product life extension" is a phrase you may have been hearing more of lately as one part of the multifaceted solutions to create a circular economy. It's a term ...
- Move Loot, a YC-backed furniture resale marketplace, shuts down, sells customer list to Handy TechCrunch
There's some closure (literally and figuratively) for Move Loot, the furniture resale marketplace that we wrote earlier this month was up for sale. The startup ...
- How to Sell, Donate or Recycle Your Stuff The New York Times
If you are starting the new year by saying goodbye to some of your less-than-favorite possessions you might be wondering: Now what? Here's how to get rid of it ...
- Want to Help Other Women? Start Talking. Stop Blaming Forbes
Ellen Pompeo and Sharon Stone told a room of some of the most powerful women in business how to be even more powerful. And they didn't mince a single ...
- Where to sell your unwanted stuff online and earn extra cash The Seattle Times
NEW YORK (AP) — If you're cleaning out your closets for the new year, or need some spare cash after the holidays, your old stuff can help fill up your wallet.
- 26 Women of Color Diversifying Entrepreneurship in Silicon Valley, Media, and Beyond Vanity Fair
The business world has long been a boys' club. Women C.E.O.s and founders of color make up a small portion of entrepreneurs who have reached the top.
- Morgan Stanley is throwing its support behind five minority-led tech firms Business Insider
Morgan Stanley has launched a new Multicultural Innovation Lab to help propel five minority-led tech startups.
- 3 valuable startup lessons I learned from Y Combinator Business Insider
Kalan Dennis, founder of AptDeco Y Combinator Y Combinator has built an impressive reputation for helping countless startups get off the ground quickly.
- Where to Buy Vintage Furniture, Lighting, and Decor Online Architectural Digest
What's old will definitely feel new when you adopt a piece of vintage furniture from one of these online shops.
- Decluttering? Yes, There’s an App The New York Times
Whatever you need to get rid of, chances are there's an app or a website that will help you unload it.
- These are the 65 hottest startups in New York City Pocono Record
There's no shortage of innovative and impressive startups in New York's Silicon Alley. But which are the coolest? Pulled from our recently published Silicon Alley ...
- Arlan Hamilton, founder of Backstage Capital, brings diversity to VC Fast Company
With her venture firm, Backstage Capital, and a new $36 million fund for black female founders, Arlan Hamilton is changing entrepreneurship in the U.S..
- Morgan Stanley Offers Capital, Connections, and Content to Founders of Color Black Enterprise
Operating from the ninth floor of its corporate offices, the founders gained $250000 in capital from Morgan Stanley for a 3% to 7% stake depending...
- Good Stuff: A Pop Up Experience of Living Well in the Circular Economy PRNewswire
NEW YORK, May 13, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Good Stuff is a pop up experience of living well in the circular economy, May 31st through June 28th, 2019, at South ...
- 6 Alternatives to Buying and Selling on Craigslist | Personal Finance U.S. News & World Report
Craigslist has an enormous global user base – the site gets more than 50 billion page views, and users post over 80 billion classified ads per month, according ...
- 2015 Silicon Alley 100 - Business Insider Business Insider
Samantha Lee/Business Insider New York tech moves as fast as the city, with new rounds of fundraising, acquisitions, and startups forming daily, so we culled ...
- 5 apps to turn your clutter into cash in 2017 MarketWatch
The start of a New Year is a perfect time to get financial, fitness and lifestyle resolutions in order — and a number of apps will help you make a quick buck while ...
- 10 Women Entrepreneurs Share Their Best Advice For Having A Successful Career Elite Daily
Being an ambitious lady with an eye for entrepreneurship has never easier than it is today. In 2016, a plethora of smart women in charge prove running a ...
- Black female startup founders raise less funding than white male founders whose startups failed Quartz
It's no secret that Silicon Valley has a diversity problem: women, black people, and Latinos are all embarrassingly underrepresented in the tech industry. A new ...
- Brett Topche launched a new venture firm (well, kinda) Technical.ly Philly
The active part of MentorTech Ventures is now Red + Blue Ventures. It will also spot companies from within the Penn community, but there's a sharper focus.
- Morgan Stanley Announces Innovation Lab for Multicultural and Women-led Start-ups Business Wire
Morgan Stanley today announced the launch of the Multicultural Innovation Lab, an accelerator program for technology and technology-enabled start-ups.
- 7 Home Decor Startup Trends to Watch Entrepreneur
Home decor is quickly becoming an “it” industry in 2015. Once dominated by big-box retailers and independent interior designers, the home decor industry is ...
- These Three Black Women Are Making Tech History Forbes Now
We caught up with the three women who recently launched Black Women Talk Tech, an event featuring black women entrepreneurs in tech. Read about their ...
- The Rise Of The Circular Economy & What It Means For Your Home mindbodygreen.com
Here are a few shifts happening in the home space right now that prove that the future is circular, including the new Loop program and IKEA's makeover.
- Ranking of the top US women start-up founders and entrepreneurs Quartz at Work
Quartz worked with data from private equity research firm Pitchbook to identify more than 200 rising stars among the venture-backed companies led by female ...
- Meet 23 of the most innovative and inspiring women in New York City tech Business Insider
Julie Rice (left) and Elizabeth Cutler Courtesy of SoulCycle We recently released our annual list of the coolest, most inspiring people in New York City tech right ...
- The 19 hottest female-founded startups of 2015 Business Insider
Some of them launched or came out of beta, while others raised funding or launched new services.
- 1,200 Entrepreneurs of Color Convene at the Black Enterprise Entrepreneurs Summit [Recap] Black Enterprise
On the first day of the Entrepreneurs Summit presented by Nationwide, we proudly welcomed 1200 entrepreneurs, business owners, and professionals for a ...
- The Most Coveted Hand-Me-Down: An Apartment in the City The New York Times
A group of friends shares more than similar interests: They also pass along an affordable apartment in Astoria, Queens, to one another.
- Silicon Alley 100 under 35 Business Insider
Harry's The New York tech scene is exploding with talent, from serial entrepreneurs and investors who have been buildling companies for years to a crop of ...
- 13 sneaky costs of college — and how to keep them under control Business Insider UK
College Board found that non-tuition-related expenses at public four-year schools account for 61% of average cost.
- Refurbished furniture marketplace GoZefo expands to Delhi-NCR Economic Times
BENGALURU: GoZefo.com has launched its services in Delhi NCR, six months after starting and aggressively expanding in Bangalore. The city launch comes in ...
- PHOTOS: 100 of the coolest people in NYC tech partying at the top of the One World Trade Center Business Insider Australia
This year's Silicon Alley 100 party was held at the top of One World Trade Center. Sari Goodfriend. The observatory at One World Trade Center has breathtaking ...
- Old is gold: GoZefo promises to sell your old furniture Economic Times
BENGALURU: When Deepa, an interior designer, moved from New Delhi to Bengaluru, her company found her a rented accommodation and gave her a budget ...
- 38 Ways to Earn Extra Cash in 2019 Kiplinger's Personal Finance
You can cash in on our right to vote on Election Day. Many localities need election officers, especially those who are bilingual. And while the hours may be long, ...
- The best ways to make the most of small storage space The Independent
Q: I just purchased a condo with limited cupboard space. Do you have suggestions for getting the most out of it? I'm looking for organising ideas for the tiny coat ...
- Moving survival guide: how to make your new place feel like home The Guardian
I've moved nearly 25 times in my life, and in the process I've become an expert on how to do it right. Step one: get rid of those boxes, fast.
- 10 Things in Your House You Can Sell to Make Money Fast The Cheat Sheet
Ready to turn your closet chaos into a financial windfall? From VHS tapes to scrap metal, here are 10 items you can sell to make money today.
- Furnishr Hires 20-Year-Old College Student Marketer Who's Earned his Clients $175000 in the Last 3 Months PR Web
Furnishr, a startup disrupting the home furnishing industry, hires a 20-year-old marketing maven, Daniel Wallock, to help them scale. Daniel, a full-time Sarah ...
- Unpakt Launches a Tool for Instant Quotes from Movers The Next Web
Moving is a huge pain, and finding affordable movers that you can trust is one of the most difficult steps.Unpakt, the self-described “Kayak for home moving,” has ...
- Web design: These sites and apps can help you decorate your home Digital Trends
These apps and sites can help you figure out your home decor by selecting color schemes or just finding nice furniture.
- 400+ Tech Leaders Sign Letter Calling On Trump To Revoke Immigration Order ValueWalk
In addition to all of the humanitarian reasons to welcome refugees, it is dangerous to discourage immigration when the facts show.
- Ways to Earn Extra Cash for the Holidays Kiplinger Personal Finance
Coming up with extra cash to cover Christmas presents or take the family to Grandma's house isn't as hard as it seems.