AptDeco is an online marketplace for buying and selling quality preowned furniture.
AptDeco offers a complete end-to-end process to bring back the joy of discovering amazing furniture finds again. With a trusted and verified community of buyers and sellers, pre-arranged pick up and delivery and a secure payment process you can finally sit back, relax and enjoy your finds while they take care of those pesky details in the background!
- AptDeco CEO to Entrepreneurs: Fundraising is a Commitment Black Enterprise
For ambitious entrepreneurs, 'fundraising' and 'startup' are attractive words. But they aren't easy to put into action when building a business or raising capital.
- Extending product life to build a circular economy GreenBiz
"Product life extension" is a phrase you may have been hearing more of lately as one part of the multifaceted solutions to create a circular economy. It's a term ...
- Go inside the beautiful home of a former Goldman Sachs engineer-turned-startup-founder Business Insider
Reham Fagiri knows from experience how annoying it can be to sell your used furniture when you're moving. That's why she, along with co-founder Kalam ...
- YC’s AptDeco Gives Apartment-Hopping New Yorkers A Better Way To Buy & Sell Furniture TechCrunch
Moving sucks. Especially if you have to jettison a load of furniture the next time you swap states or switch apartments. AptDeco, just graduating from YC, ...
- AptDeco comes to DC: Used furniture without the weirdo risk Washington Business Journal
AptDeco brings used furniture sellers and buyers together without having to actually meet.
- Want to Help Other Women? Start Talking. Stop Blaming Forbes
Ellen Pompeo and Sharon Stone told a room of some of the most powerful women in business how to be even more powerful. And they didn't mince a single ...
- 26 Women of Color Diversifying Entrepreneurship in Silicon Valley, Media, and Beyond Vanity Fair
The business world has long been a boys' club. Women C.E.O.s and founders of color make up a small portion of entrepreneurs who have reached the top.
- Black Enterprise Magazine March/April 2018 Issue Black Enterprise
Black Enterprise Magazine March/April 2018 Issue: Most Powerful Diversity Executives.
- Arlan Hamilton, founder of Backstage Capital, brings diversity to VC Fast Company
With her venture firm, Backstage Capital, and a new $36 million fund for black female founders, Arlan Hamilton is changing entrepreneurship in the U.S..
- Move Loot, a YC-backed furniture resale marketplace, shuts down, sells customer list to Handy TechCrunch
There's some closure (literally and figuratively) for Move Loot, the furniture resale marketplace that we wrote earlier this month was up for sale. The startup ...
- AptDeco is a Marketplace for Gently Used Furniture AlleyWatch
The city offers more NYC used furniture than most other cities combined and AptDeco is your place to find this furniture.
- Decluttering? Yes, There’s an App The New York Times
Whatever you need to get rid of, chances are there's an app or a website that will help you unload it.
- Morgan Stanley is throwing its support behind five minority-led tech firms Business Insider
Morgan Stanley has launched a new Multicultural Innovation Lab to help propel five minority-led tech startups.
- Where to Buy Vintage Furniture, Lighting, and Decor Online Architectural Digest
What's old will definitely feel new when you adopt a piece of vintage furniture from one of these online shops.
- 6 Alternatives to Buying and Selling on Craigslist | Personal Finance U.S. News & World Report
Wary of Craigslist buyers and sellers? These websites and apps offer safer options.
- Nice move: Sofa, so good for NYC-based used furniture marketplace AptDeco New York Daily News
Kalam Dennis and Reham Fagiri are hoping to give budget-conscious New Yorkers a better option for buying and selling "preowned" home furnishings with ...
- 3 valuable startup lessons I learned from Y Combinator Business Insider
Kalan Dennis, founder of AptDeco Y Combinator Y Combinator has built an impressive reputation for helping countless startups get off the ground quickly.
- Where to sell your unwanted stuff online and earn extra cash The Seattle Times
NEW YORK (AP) — If you're cleaning out your closets for the new year, or need some spare cash after the holidays, your old stuff can help fill up your wallet.
- These are the 65 hottest startups in New York City Pocono Record
There's no shortage of innovative and impressive startups in New York's Silicon Alley. But which are the coolest? Pulled from our recently published Silicon Alley ...
- Morgan Stanley Offers Capital, Connections, and Content to Founders of Color Black Enterprise
Operating from the ninth floor of its corporate offices, the founders gained $250000 in capital from Morgan Stanley for a 3% to 7% stake depending...
- 5 apps to turn your clutter into cash in 2017 MarketWatch
The start of a New Year is a perfect time to get financial, fitness and lifestyle resolutions in order — and a number of apps will help you make a quick buck while ...
- How to Sell, Donate or Recycle Your Stuff The New York Times
If you are starting the new year by saying goodbye to some of your less-than-favorite possessions you might be wondering: Now what? Here's how to get rid of it ...
- 7 Home Decor Startup Trends to Watch Entrepreneur
Home decor is quickly becoming an “it” industry in 2015. Once dominated by big-box retailers and independent interior designers, the home decor industry is ...
- Ranking of the top US women start-up founders and entrepreneurs Quartz at Work
Quartz worked with data from private equity research firm Pitchbook to identify more than 200 rising stars among the venture-backed companies led by female ...
- 1,200 Entrepreneurs of Color Convene at the Black Enterprise Entrepreneurs Summit [Recap] Black Enterprise
BE is officially in the QC! And on day one of the Entrepreneurs Summit presented by Nationwide, we proudly welcomed 1,200 entrepreneurs, business owners, ...
- Morgan Stanley Announces Innovation Lab for Multicultural and Women-led Start-ups Business Wire
Morgan Stanley today announced the launch of the Multicultural Innovation Lab, an accelerator program for technology and technology-enabled start-ups.
- 10 CEOs On How They Coped With 2017's Unrelenting News Cycle Fast Company
Ten busy execs share how they got through 2017 without being consumed by an endless barrage of push notifications.
- The best ways to make the most of small storage space The Independent
Q: I just purchased a condo with limited cupboard space. Do you have suggestions for getting the most out of it? I'm looking for organising ideas for the tiny coat ...
- 11 Ways to Save $1,000 by Black Friday 2018 Kiplinger's Personal Finance
Try these quick and easy tactics to pocket extra cash for your Black Friday holiday shopping this year.
- The Most Coveted Hand-Me-Down: An Apartment in the City The New York Times
A group of friends shares more than similar interests: They also pass along an affordable apartment in Astoria, Queens, to one another.
- These Three Black Women Are Making Tech History Forbes Now
We caught up with the three women who recently launched Black Women Talk Tech, an event featuring black women entrepreneurs in tech. Read about their ...
- Brett Topche launched a new venture firm (well, kinda) Technical.ly Philly
The active part of MentorTech Ventures is now Red + Blue Ventures. It will also spot companies from within the Penn community, but there's a sharper focus.
- How Comcast invests in racial diversity Fortune
Laurence “Lo” Toney recently joined Comcast Ventures in San Francisco as part of its minority-oriented venture-capital fund, called Catalyst Fund. It is his first ...
- The 19 hottest female-founded startups of 2015 Business Insider
Some of them launched or came out of beta, while others raised funding or launched new services.
- Business Insider 2015 Silicon Alley 100 Business Insider
Samantha Lee/Business Insider New York tech moves as fast as the city, with new rounds of fundraising, acquisitions, and startups forming daily, so we culled ...
- 10 Women Entrepreneurs Share Their Best Advice For Having A Successful Career Elite Daily
Being an ambitious lady with an eye for entrepreneurship has never easier than it is today. In 2016, a plethora of smart women in charge prove running a ...
- Furnishr Hires 20-Year-Old College Student Marketer Who's Earned his Clients $175000 in the Last 3 Months PR Web
Furnishr, a startup disrupting the home furnishing industry, hires a 20-year-old marketing maven, Daniel Wallock, to help them scale. Daniel, a full-time Sarah ...
- Silicon Alley 100 under 35 Business Insider
Harry's The New York tech scene is exploding with talent, from serial entrepreneurs and investors who have been buildling companies for years to a crop of ...
- Meet 23 of the most innovative and inspiring women in New York City tech Business Insider
Julie Rice (left) and Elizabeth Cutler Courtesy of SoulCycle We recently released our annual list of the coolest, most inspiring people in New York City tech right ...
- Ways to Make Extra Cash Kiplinger's Personal Finance
Coming up with extra cash to pay the bills, cover unexpected expenses, boost savings, accelerate your 401(k) or perhaps even finance a dream vacation isn't as ...
- PHOTOS: 100 of the coolest people in NYC tech partying at the top of the One World Trade Center Business Insider Australia
This year's Silicon Alley 100 party was held at the top of One World Trade Center. Sari Goodfriend. The observatory at One World Trade Center has breathtaking ...
- Moving survival guide: how to make your new place feel like home The Guardian
I've moved nearly 25 times in my life, and in the process I've become an expert on how to do it right. Step one: get rid of those boxes, fast.
- Old is gold: GoZefo promises to sell your old furniture Economic Times
We clean, disinfect and polish all our products, making it like new while still being 50% cheaper than other options,” he said.
- Refurbished furniture marketplace GoZefo expands to Delhi-NCR Economic Times
BENGALURU: GoZefo.com has launched its services in Delhi NCR, six months after starting and aggressively expanding in Bangalore. The city launch comes in ...
- Couch Wars: The Startup Trying to Corner the Used-Furniture Market Bloomberg
In the race to disrupt Craigslist's saggy-sofa trade, a little startup called Move Loot just took a big step. On Thursday morning, the company began connecting ...
- The Insider: High/Low, Dark/Light, Moody Blues, Creative Sourcing Refresh Ridgewood Row House Brownstoner
Interior design ideas: Clever, clean-lined and budget-conscious design from Brooklyn-based White Arrow refreshes a dated row house in Ridgewood, Queens.
- 400+ Tech Leaders Sign Letter Calling On Trump To Revoke Immigration Order ValueWalk
In addition to all of the humanitarian reasons to welcome refugees, it is dangerous to discourage immigration when the facts show.
- Morgan Stanley's diversity-focused innovation lab welcomes first cohort Banking Technology
Morgan Stanley's new innovation lab, which aims to support multiculturalism and diversity in financial services, has onboarded five start-ups for its three-month ...
- Furniture portal GoZefo revamps website for Diwali; sales up 7 times Economic Times
GoZefo.com, a startup that sells used furniture, defied the norm of deep discounting and blitz marketing this Diwali and instead revamped each item in its ...
- Web design: These sites and apps can help you decorate your home Digital Trends
These apps and sites can help you figure out your home decor by selecting color schemes or just finding nice furniture.
- The White List tracks which startups investors have their eye on VentureBeat
When an investor decides to put money into a startup, effectively putting a stamp of approval on that company, the tech industry pays attention to the startup's ...
- SILICON ALLEY 100: A-Z Business Insider Australia
We recently released our annual Silicon Alley 100 list — a ranking of the coolest, most inspiring people in the New York tech industry. We ranked our list based ...
- How to Make Money for Christmas - Making Money from Home Womans Day
Make extra money for Christmas! Follow these money-making tactics to keep your wallet full this holiday season.