Zuvaa is an online community and marketplace that presents customers with an unique online shopping experience.
- This Founder Walked Away From a Major 'Shark Tank' Deal--and It Might Have Been Her Best Decision Yet Inc.
The investors on Shark Tank repeatedly tell contestants to know the value of their company, and they just put that advice to the test. On the most recent episode, ...
- African fashion: How to turn $500 into $2 million CNN
26-year-old Kelechi Anyadiegwu started her online African clothing retailer Zuvaa two years ago with $500. This year the company will make $2 million.
- 12 million-dollar businesses that turned down deals on 'Shark Tank' INSIDER
On ABC's "Shark Tank," entrepreneurs present their golden idea to a panel of business-savvy individuals. The entrepreneurs' goal is to get at least one of the ...
- Zuvaa Marketplace Is a Treasure Trove of Unique Fashion Finds STYLECASTER
Zuvaa Marketplace, an online boutique that connects artisans with customers seeking African-inspired clothing, is a treasure trove of unique fashion finds.
- ESSENCE 50: 'Zuvaa' Founder Kelechi Anyadiegwu Says Removing Negative People From Your Life Will Help You Thr Essence.com
ESSENCE is proud to celebrate extraordinary Black women who are breaking glass ceilings as flourishing entrepreneurs with compelling backstories.
- Zuvaa After Shark Tank - 2018 Update Gazette Review
Four ladies dressed in bright, stimulating African regalia enter the Shark Tank. With them, they bring the idea of connecting African designers to a global ...
- Enterprising Immigrants Fuel Apparel Market With Contemporary African Ankara Print Styles Forbes
Entrepreneurial designers and producers from Africa are creating a profitable apparel market in the U.S. by mixing African Ankara prints with modern silhouettes.
- New Crowdfunding Rules Let the Small Fry Swim With Sharks New York Times
Starting Monday, new regulations will permit anyone, not just the moneyed, to invest in small companies in exchange for a stake in the business.
- ESSENCE Network: How Kelechi Anyadiegwu Launched A Global Marketplace for African Fashion Essence.com
This entrepreneur combined her talents and passions to launch an online fashion empire that spans all across the globe.
- Behind the Click: Kelechi Anyadiegwu Merges Fashion & Nigerian Culture To Create Zuvaa Madame Noire
Kelechi Anyadiegwu, a Nigerian American, lamented the lack of fashion representing her heritage. So she created Zuvaa to fill the void.
- Op-Ed | Investors Would be Wise to Watch Africa's Designer Brands The Business of Fashion
LUSAKA, Zambia — The African continent has seen substantial growth in its fashion industry over the past decade, overcoming challenges such as inadequate ...
- 50 Black Women Founders To Watch Essence.com
These days it seems as if "wantrepreneurs" are everywhere, looking to claim their piece of the proverbial business pie. But if you want to know what it really takes ...
- African-inspired Zuvaa pop-up shop comes to Atlanta Atlanta Journal Constitution
Kelechi Anyadiegwu shopped around traditional retailers and never found clothes that contained the rich colors and textiles of Africa.
- Shop the Fine Prints at Zuvaa's African Fashion Pop-Up Houstonia Magazine
Good news, fashionistas—bold, colorful prints continue to be a major trend this spring and summer, with designers from Diane von Furstenberg and Marc ...
- Nigerian Women Rocking the Online Business World AllAfrica.com
The internet has completely changed the way business is being done and more women are leveraging on this tool to start their businesses and pursue their ...
- It's Hard To Start A Business When You're A Black Woman In America Refinery29
It's 2017, and yet women are still fighting for equality. Data suggests it will take until 2152 to close the gender wage gap, but it shouldn't take a century to get ...
- Zuvaa: African Clothing Raises Eyebrows of Daymond John on Shark Tank 2paragraphs.com
Zuvaa, the website that sells African-inspired clothing, asks for $460k for 10 percent equity on Shark Tank which raises Daymond John's eyebrows.
- 17 Young Women of Color Breaking Barriers in STEM TechCo
Here are 17 young women of color in STEM breaking through barriers in their industries, showing others a path to positions they can aspire to.
- Things to do in and around Atlanta this weekend Atlanta Journal Constitution
Greek Festival preview: Top things to do this weekend in Atlanta, plus the weekend weather forecast, including Marietta Greek Festival, fun at Callaway Gardens, ...
- Africa Tech Summit (Americas) announces 25 Speakers for exclusive summit overlooking NYC skyline Face2Face Africa
To accelerate developments within Africa's tech ecosystem, the Global Startup Ecosystem is to host the first annual Africa Tech Summit on December 14, 2018.
- Dreamers And Doers: Seven Nigerian-American Women In Tech Trailblazers Forbes Now
There is something to be said about the positive contributions that immigrants and their offspring make to the American society. With some inspiration from ...
- 25 Gifts To Consider Getting For The Magical Women In Your Life Blavity
It's the end of the year, which means holiday season is...
- Top trending African print styles for office YEN.COM.GH
Who said that office wear should be conventional and wretched up? Well, it is clear there is a whole new, *fresh* and bright fashion sense with the current African ...
- Penn grad expanding fashion company, plans to stay in Philly long-term Philadelphia Business Journal
A University of Pennsylvania alumna will stay in Philadelphia for her new fashion line and eventual brick-and-mortar location after the company exceeded its ...
- 27 African Fashion Designers Who Are Killin The Game BuzzFeed News
Atlanta-based owner and creative director Charlene Dunbar was born in Liberia. She makes dresses, jumpsuits, skirts, and accessories. You can find her ...
- EBONY Women Up Salutes Women in Media, Fashion & Entertainment EBONY.com
To continue its commitment to commemorate the intelligence, ambition, and determination of Black women, Ebony with the support of Hilton is back on the road ...
- How African Textiles Have Influenced The Fashion Industry HelloBeautiful
We explore the influence of African fashion and textiles within the fashion industry, speaking with industry experts and curators.
- The 2017 World's Most Innovative Companies Fast Company
This year marks the 10th edition of the Fast Company World's Most Innovative Companies ranking. Our reporting team sifts through thousands of enterprises ...
- Here are four brands that will help you add bright and bold African prints to your wardrobe Los Angeles Times
Big, expressive and colorful prints echo through the fall 2017 fashion collections in an international hybrid of themes that stretches across centuries and ...
- 5 Things We Learned At 'EmpowerHer Conference' That All Black Girls Should Know Huffington Post
Blavity's inaugural EmpowerHer Conference hosted in New York City on Saturday was insightful, inspiring and downright magical. More than 300 participants ...
- How 'Black Panther' Is Bringing African-Inspired Fashion Back To The Mainstream GOOD
A friend recently shared this story with me — and this happened two weeks after the “Black Panther” premiere in Hollywood: She and a few other people were in ...
- Successful Black Owned Tech Companies to Check Out CampusLATELY
Black-owned businesses have increased by 34 % between 2007 and 2012. Technology firms are among one of the top businesses owned by African-Americans ...
- 5 African Fashion Brands You Need In Your Life MadameNoire
These five African fashion brands you should be on your radar whether you're on the hunt for a simple bracelet or a full matching ensemble.
- 2016's Women to Watch #WomenToWatch Entrepreneur
Champions of entrepreneurship and advocates of diversity, sexual equality and work force empowerment, these ground-breaking women are making a big ...
- Beautiful dinner wear for ladies in Ghana YEN.COM.GH
Yen.com.gh News ☛ Whether dressed up or down, African inspired ☆DINNER WEAR☆ is a must have for any lady who wants to turn heads at a special ...
- #BuyBlack 2016: 50 Holiday Gift Ideas That'll Keep Money in Our Community The Root
Today is Black Friday, so it's time to start plottin' and plannin' those holiday gift lists for your loved ones. But instead of trying to catch those big deals at your ...
- 6 Black-owned fashion brands to shop for all of your “Black Panther” premiere needs HelloGiggles
BlackTie4BlackPanther encourages Black moviegoers to don their most colorful African prints & suits to celebrate "Black Panther," so shop these brands!
- Call for digital start-ups to enter Demo Africa ITWeb
Digital start-ups from SA and the rest of the African continent are invited to enter the 2017 edition of the African continent's launch pad for emerging technologies, ...
- 'Afropean' brand Melange Mode takes on Atlanta's fashion scene Atlanta Journal Constitution
What is 'Afropean'? That's how Atlanta-based fashion designer Yvonne Pearson describes herself and her brand Melange Mode. Afropean, a play on ...
- 9 Young Women Who Are Making Black History STYLECASTER
From art world professionals to emerging designers, these nine young people are making black history in the present.
- Houston designer inspired by African roots, travels Houston Chronicle
It's just been nearly three years since Onyii (pronounced "Own-Yee") Brown launched her African-inspired collection, Onyii & Co., and now she's basking in the ...
- Latest fashion Gh 2019 YEN.COM.GH
Yen.com.gh News ☛ Everyone desires to look fashionable. We have come up with *fresh* ideas of ☆FASHION GH☆ that will improve your fashion sense.
- She Leads Africa is taking these 8 female entrepreneurs to pitch in the US Ventureburn
In the spirit of celebrating women in tech and entrepreneurship, She Leads Africa will be taking the following exciting 8 startups to Diaspora Demo Day.
- September in Africa: All the tech news you shouldn’t miss from the past month The Next Web
Don't miss out on what's been happening in Africa's rapidly-growing tech ecosystem.
- Houston's Onyii Brown Is Making African Fashion Modern Houstonia Magazine
The first image on the online home of Onyii & Co. is of a woman resplendent in a vibrant halter dress, the patterned fabric a swirl of pinks, yellows and blues.
- Appeared on Shark Tank | Shark Tank ABC.com
A list of businesses that have been featured on ABC's Shark Tank.
- How Philly Notables Are Spending Their Last Days of Summer Philadelphia Style Magazine
Now that we're in the dog days of summer, Philadelphians are finding ways to beat the heat and make the most of it. Here, we caught up with nine locals to find ...
- The Clothes People Are Wearing To See Black Panther Are Just As Good As The Movie MadameNoire
Moviegoers are not playing when it comes to showing up and showing out to see Black Panther. See some of the best outfits so far.
- Georgia Toffolo Net Worth 2018 Gazette Review
A television personality, Georgia Toffolo is best known for her appearances in the E4 reality program, Made in Chelsea. What is her 2018 net worth?
- Scott Timlin Net Worth 2018 Gazette Review
A reality star, Scott Timlin aka Scotty T, rose to fame on MTV's reality program, Geordie Shore. What is his 2018 net worth?
- Guzzle Buddy on Shark Tank: Watch ‘Cougar Town’ Wine Glass Infomercial 2paragraphs.com
Guzzle Buddy the wine glass that screws on top of a wine bottle eliminating the need to pour on Shark Tank was inspired by Courteney Cox's Cougar Town.
- ‘Arunma Oteh, Tara Fela-Durotoye, Yasmine Belo-Osagie & more | These are Nigeria’s 100 Most Inspiring Women – #YWomen100 #LLA100Women YNaija
In its quest to inspire a generation of women to do greater things in diverse fields of endeavour, Y!/YNaija.com, in partnership with Leading Ladies.
- Thank you BellaNaija
It's been a long road to 2018. Many had to deal with a lot of hardships this year - an economic recession in Nigeria and the 21st-century slave trade in ...
- Meningitis Outbreak: Number of New Cases Dropping – NCDC Bella Naija
The number of new cases of suspected meningitis being reported has begun to decline as outbreak control measures take effect. the Nigeria Centre for ...