Will Packer Media
Will Packer Media, a production and branded content company focused on TV and digital scripted and unscripted series, branded content as well as short-form entertainment targeting young and urban millennial audiences. Will Packer Media was launched with backing from Universal Pictures and Discovery Communications. The company is developing episodic scripted and unscripted series across television and digital platforms along with short-form digital content for brand clients.
Will Packer Media acquired xoNecole in January 2018, a lifestyle site created by, and for, urban millennial women. The deal expands WPM’s media footprint with xoNecole becoming the company’s first owned and operated digital platform and complementing its existing strength in TV, digital and branded content production. WPM will implement an accelerated growth strategy for the cross-platform brand, expanding its video, social and mobile offerings, and building a branded newsletter and multi-faceted event series to further connect with its audience.
Sign up for the Moguldom newsletter — business news you need to know about economic empowerment for the digital age, delivered to your inbox.
- James Packer-backed shopping app Booodl goes into liquidation The Sydney Morning Herald
Booodl, the retail app backed by James Packer and his former wife Erica Baxter, as well as shopping centre owner Scentre Group, has wound up its operations.
- The Alkaline Water Company Expands International Sales Strategy with New Canadian Co-packer, World Choice Bottling Nasdaq
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz., Dec. 12, 2018-- The Alkaline Water Company Inc., with products bottled under the trademark Alkaline88 ®, announced today that it.
- Will Packer Media Acquires Popular Women's Digital Destination xoNecole Business Wire
LOS ANGELES & NEW YORK & ATLANTA--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Will Packer Media announced today the acquisition of xoNecole, a lifestyle site created by, and ...
- Don't Call It 'Shark Tank': Competing for Capital on 'The Pitch' Knowledge@Wharton
Three Philadelphia startups competed for investors in 'The Pitch' podcast, which recorded its first live event recently at Wharton. Who will win?
- Australian Financial Review The Australian Financial Review
It's safe to say 2019 can't come fast enough for corporate Australia after a year that promised so much turned into a dumpster fire.
- Will Packer Starting Production Company With Backing From Discovery and Universal The New York Times
Mr. Packer is best known for his movies, but his new venture will produce everything from advertising campaigns to online videos.
- How ‘Night School’s Will Packer Became The Rare Producer To Open 10 Films Atop The Weekend Gross Charts Deadline
EXCLUSIVE: Universal Pictures has just closed a deal to acquire Beast, an action-thriller for Will Packer to produce. The logline is being kept under wraps, but ...
- Meat Church to open its first storefront on downtown Waxahachie square Waxahachie Daily Light
WAXAHACHIE Barbeque is more than a meal to Matt Pittman – it's a fellowship. That's why he named his barbeque business Meat Church. Although Meat ...
- OWN Orders Two Series From Will Packer Variety
OWN has ordered two new series from executive producer Will Packer and his company Will Packer Media. The first, “Ambitions” is a soap opera-style drama ...
- Packers’ 2018 season is over after unthinkable 20-17 loss to hapless Cardinals Acme Packing Company
Time of death on the 2018 Green Bay Packers season: 3:13 p.m. central time. Mason Crosby's 49-yard field goal to tie the game sailed wide right and the ...
- Mike McCarthy and Baker Mayfield ‘would do great' together says former Packer JC Tretter cleveland.com
BEREA, Ohio — Browns center JC Tretter believes fired Packers coach Mike McCarthy would be a great fit for Baker Mayfield, despite his strained relationship ...
- Will Packer Productions Names James F. Lopez President (EXCLUSIVE) Variety
James F. Lopez has been named Will Packer Production's newest president of production in an exclusive announcement Wednesday.
- Twitter Unveils 30 Collaborations For 2018 Including NBCU, Will Packer, Vice & More – Newfronts Deadline
Twitter has taken wraps off plans for more than 30 new collaborations in the areas of entertainment, news, sports and gaming in 2018.
- Will Packer On Being A Brand, Crossover Appeal And Conventional Wisdom Forbes Now
The prolific producer discusses being a brand name, balancing realistic budgets and genre ambitions and a rapidly-changing entertainment landscape.
- CBS CEO Leslie Moonves, ‘Girls Trip’ Producer Will Packer to Keynote at TheGrill 2018 TheWrap
CBS Chairman and CEO Leslie Moonves and Will Packer, producer of blockbusters like “Ride Along” and “Girls Trip,” will headline the 2018 edition of TheGrill, ...
- Breaking News - Development Update: Thursday, November 15 The Futon Critic
LOS ANGELES (thefutoncritic.com) -- The latest development news, culled from recent wire reports: Looking to keep track of all the various projects in ...
- Will Packer Media Makes Key Hires for Television, Digital (Exclusive) Hollywood Reporter
Will Packer Media recently entered into a partnership with Universal Pictures and Discovery Communications for a TV production and branded- *content* deal.
- Will Packer On Kanye West-Donald Trump Love-In: “I Miss The Old Kanye” Deadline
Movie producer and social media force Will Packer enlivened Twitter's NewFronts event with his take on the Kanye West-Donald Trump “expression of love,” as ...
- Will Packer Media Acquires Necole Kane's xoNecole.com Black Enterprise
Necole Kane's urban lifestyle website xoNecole.com is getting a major financial boost from Hollywood producer Will Packer. Packer announced Thursday that ...
- 'Girls Trip' producer Will Packer finds success by targeting an underserved audience Los Angeles Times
Packer has built a successsful career by marketing movies to their target audience.
- Exclusive: Will Packer's OWN drama 'Ambitions' comin Atlanta Journal Constitution
Originally posted Wednesday, June 27, 2018 by RODNEY HOemail@example.com on his AJC Radio & TV Talk blog. Atlanta producer Will Packer, known for such hit ...
- Ludacris, Will Packer hosting Stacey Abrams fundraiser October 21 Atlanta Journal Constitution
Originally posted Saturday, October 20, 2018 by RODNEY HOfirstname.lastname@example.org on his AJC Radio & TV Talk blog. Atlanta producer Will Packer and actor/musician ...
- Thrushwood Farms: The People Behind the Pork Pork Magazine
Thrushwood Farms meat products add value from farm to fork.
- OWN Unveils Three Unscripted Series & Premiere Date For Will Packer’s ‘Ready To Love’ Deadline
OWN unveis three Saturday night unscripted series focusing on love, relationships and marriage and sets a date for its dating series from Will Packer.
- Tech leaders, digital giants push back against ACCC 'over-reach' The Sydney Morning Herald
Some of Australia's top tech industry figures have criticised the competition regulator's plans to rein in Google and Facebook.
- Will Packer on Hollywood Racism, 'Advantage' of Being 'the Only Black Person in the Room' TheWrap
TheGrill 2018: "For me it's more microaggressions than someone saying 'Get that black s--t out of here,'" Packer said of the racism he's encountered.
- ‘Night School’: As Will Packer Scores His Tenth Box Office Hit, Here’s the Secret to His Success IndieWire
With the $28 million opening of Kevin Hart-Tiffany Haddish comedy “Night School” last weekend, producer Will Packer scored his tenth first-place box office ...
- Chris Rock To Direct Kevin Hart In Will Packer-Produced Universal Comedy ‘Co-Parenting’ Deadline
EXCLUSIVE: After an auspicious directorial breakout on the 2014 comedy Top Five, Chris Rock is getting back behind the camera. He is in negotiations to direct ...
- What's The Future Of Entertainment? Girls Trip Producer Will Packer Shares His Plan Forbes
Girls Trip producer Will Packer is looking beyond film to new platforms for his projects. Learn how he chooses great stories and what he believes is the future of ...
- Digital Publishing Company Tapas Media Pacts With THE|MACHINE Deadline
THE|MACHINE, a Hollywood-based production, management and advertising firm founded by Kevin Herrera and Rawn Erickson II, has signed a management ...
- Will Packer, Nephew Tommy, Trina Braxton headline OWN’s new “Ready to Love” show The Atlanta Voice
In addition to ordering three new unscripted television shows, the network has presented us with “Ready To Love,” a dating series from Will Packer Media and ...
- Issa Rae Joins ‘Black-ish’ Star Marsai Martin In ‘Little’ From Universal & Will Packer Productions Deadline
Insecure creator and star Issa Rae has signed on for Universal Pictures' comedy Little, starring Marsai Martin (Black-ish), who came up with the idea for the film.
- OWN Announces Will Packer's 'Ambitions' & 'Ready to Love' Eurweb.com
OWN announced today two new series from prolific hit-maker Will Packer (“Girls Trip,” “Straight Outta Compton,” “Ride Along,” “Roots”) and his Will Packer ...
- Will Packer and His Wife Heather Packer Are Making The Most Out Of Date Night In New York City Essence
Will Packer may be gearing up for the premiere of Night School, but his media tour doesn't stop him from spending some quality time with his wife, Heather ...
- Facts About Hollywood Heavyweight, Will Packer Black Enterprise
Will Packer has a great body of work that has netted millions in Hollywood. We list several facts about him you may not have known.
- Annual Industry Brunch with Influencers Will Packer and Malcolm D. Lee Radio Facts
4th ANNUAL INFLUENCER BRUNCH FEATURES CONVERSATION WITH HOLLYWOOD INDUSTRY GIANTS MALCOLM D. LEE AND WILL PACKER Will ...
- Twitter Announces 30-Plus Content Deals at NewFront Broadcasting & Cable
NBCU, ESPN, Viacom, Hearst among the programming partners.
- James Lopez talks the future of Will Packer Productions, breaking down barriers and idolizing Judd Apatow Metro US
New Will Packer Productions president James Lopez talks us through the future of the company, making more money overseas and their most ambitious film yet.
- TheGrill Starts Today: See Will Packer, LA Times Owner Patrick Soon-Shiong and Showtime and AMC Bosses TheWrap
Topics at TheWrap's annual conference, TheGrill, include studio mergers, the rise of esports and the impact of cryptocurrency in the entertainment industry.
- Can Will Packer's 'Night School' with Kevin Hart... MyAJC
Originally posted Wednesday, September 26, 2018 by RODNEY HOemail@example.com on his AJC Radio & TV Talk blog. During the week before any of his films ...
- Universal Sets Dates For Three Will Packer Comedies Including ‘Little’ With ‘Black-ish’s Marsai Martin Deadline
Universal announced release dates for three Will Packer comedies in the next two-plus years including 'Little,' starring Marsai Martin of 'Black-ish.'
- The Scene at TheGrill 2018: Will Packer, Patrick Soon-Shiong and More at TheWrap’s Media Leadership Conference (Photos) TheWrap
Will Packer, Jason Hirschhorn and other thought leaders join TheGrill in discussions on Cryptocurrency, The Remaking of the Studio System and more.
- 'Girls Trip' producer Will Packer creates reality dating show New York Post
“Girls Trip” and “Straight Outta Compton” producer Will Packer is behind the upcoming reality dating show, “Ready to Love,” on Oprah Winfrey's OWN network.
- Will Packer Media acquires Necole Kane’s xoNecole Rolling Out
Will Packer is an entertainment juggernaut. On Jan. 18, news broke that prominent director Will Packer acquired lifestyle blogger Necole Kane's platform, ...
- Roma Downey’s LightWorkers Teams With Will Packer On ‘The Baxters’ Digital Series Deadline
LightWorkers Media is partnering with producer Will Packer (Girls Trip) to executive produce The Baxters, a 12-episode digital series that will air on the newly ...
- Universal, Will Packer Get In Ring On ‘Fight Night’ Action Comedy Deadline
Universal Pictures and producer Will Packer have teamed for Fight Night, a movie based on a true story about the most daring of heists.
- Filmmakers Will Packer and Malcolm Lee shared insider tips at influencer brunch Rolling Out
Influencer's Will Packer and Malcolm D. Lee shared their experience and professional insight on their humble beginnings, their journey's into Hollywood, the.
- Will Packer talks new dating show based in Atlanta 'Ready to Love' 11Alive.com WXIA
Award-winning producer Will Packer is back at it again with his newest production and no, this time it is not a movie. Francesca Amiker sat down with him and ...
- Shooting at Dayton business leaves 1 man dead, another injured Fox 28
Sheriff's officials say a shooting at a business in Ohio has left one man dead and another seriously injured. The Montgomery County Sheriff's Office in Dayton ...
- Universal Cable Productions Inks Two-Project Development Deal With Kronicle Media Deadline
Korin Huggins and Monique Nash have signed a two-project development deal with Universal Cable Productions via their Kronicle Media. Under the pact ...
- Twitter doubles down on original shows with NBCUniversal, Disney, Viacom and more CNBC
Twitter will bring original shows from NBCUniversal, Disney and Viacom among others to its platform, including a version of "SportsCenter" from Disney-owned ...
- James Packer, billionaire in retreat after series of crises Financial Times
Casino tycoon beset by personal and business woes has quit his 24 Australian directorships.
- James Packer quits all his Australian company directorships ABC News
Billionaire James Packer quits all of his Australian board directorships as he withdraws from corporate life to focus on his mental health.
- Billionaire casino owner James Packer quits business interests The Guardian
Billionaire James Packer has resigned from 22 Australian company directorships in the past few weeks and no longer holds any board seats in his home country ...
- Will Packer's Ready To Love Dating Series Coming Soon To OWN And The Focus Is On Men This Time MadameNoire
The man behind "Girls Trip" is hoping to bring his magic touch over to the Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN) with "Ready to Love."
- Will James Packer take Crown private? Don't bet on it The Sydney Morning Herald
When James Packer first quit the board of Crown Resorts in 2015, the casino business he built from his late father's media empire, he did it three days after ...
- Twitter's Top Content Blackbird Pushes Ad Revenues To New Highs Forbes
The inability for Twitter to make money has definitely changed since its posted four profitable quarters, following Kay Madati, Head of *Content* Partnerships ...
- #NineFairfax deal end of an era for Australia's media titans The Conversation AU
Competition and co-operation. The former may seem an obvious aspect of the Australian media landscape, but it has always gone hand-in-hand with pragmatic ...
- Oprah, Will Ferrell among Hollywood stars playing part in Georgia governor's race Atlanta Business Chronicle
Media icon Oprah Winfrey is the latest star scheduled for a visit to the Peach State, using her celebrity to campaign for the Stacey Abrams. Alyssa Milano ...
- Twitter doubles down on video Business Insider
This story was delivered to Business Insider Intelligence "Digital Media Briefing" subscribers hours before appearing on Business Insider. To be the first to know, ...
- 'Boomerang' Reboot Among 3 Series Orders as BET Doubles Down on Scripted (Exclusive) Hollywood Reporter
New president Scott Mills talks with THR about his vision for the Viacom network, which also has picked up a Will Packer comedy and a drama inspired by the ...
- Ex-Will Packer TV Execs Korin Huggins & Monique Nash Launch Prod. Company Aimed At Diverse Content About Women Deadline
Korin Huggins, former head of TV at Will Packer Productions, has teamed with fellow Will Packer alum Monique Nash to launch Kronicle Media.
- Will Packer & Taraji P. Henson Break Down The Magic Of 'What Men Want' In First-Look Photo BET
Taraji P. Henson and Will Packer have reunited for the R-Rated comedy What Men Want, the reimagining of the 2000 film What Women Want with a special, ...
- Medical Marijuana Heist Spec ‘Green Rush’ Lands At New Republic In Brian Oliver & Will Packer Team-Up Deadline
Brian Oliver and Will Packer are teaming on Green Rush, a medical marijuana heist movie based on a spec screenplay by Matt Tente.
- James Packer resigns from Consolidated Press Holdings family board The Australian Financial Review
James Packer resigned from the board of his private investment company, Consolidated Press Holdings, last month, taking another step away from active ...
- Titletown District: Packers, Microsoft add UW support to TitletownTech business development Green Bay Press Gazette
UWGB will have entrepreneur-in-residence at Packers/Microsoft's TitletownTech building.
- Photos show a happy couple as Karl Stefanovic marries Jasmine Yarbrough in Mexico The Australian
Today show host Karl Stefanovic and shoe designer Jasmine Yarbrough finally tied the knot yesterday, in what was the culmination of a four-day rum-soaked ...
- Campbell's Soup to divest Bolthouse, other fresh businesses The Packer
Campbell's Soup Co., which purchased Bolthouse Farms six years ago, plans to sell off the carrot and *fresh* juice company.
- James Packer resigns from Consolidated Press Holdings board ABC News
Billionaire businessman James Packer resigns from the board of his own family company, Consolidated Press Holdings (CPH), as he continues a recovery from ...
- Kronicle Media Inks Unscripted Development Deal With Authentic Entertainment Deadline
Korin Huggins and Monique Nash's Kronicle Media has signed a development deal with Authentic Entertainment to develop and produce character-driven ...
- THE REAL Kicks Off Chicago Week With a Visit from Producer Will Packer - WATCH Eurweb.com
*On Monday, October 29, The Real kicks off Chicago Week, and co-host Loni Love shocks a Dolla Holla Back winner with a special bonus! Loni also welcomes ...
- ‘Almost Christmas’ Producer Will Packer Keeps Packing Them In Deadline
Statistically speaking, financiers often say that it's the tentpoles that profit the most in the long run, however, producer Will Packer has a knack for yielding big ...
- Will Packer blasts Mo’Nique for comparing him to disgraced Harvey Weinstein Rolling Out
Famed filmmaker Will Packer is getting tired of comedienne Mo'Nique putting his name in her mouth and then spitting it out onto the sidewalk to step over.
- Will Packer Suggests 'Night School' Dir. Malcolm D. Lee Fund A School For Nas (Watch) Eurweb.com
EUR correspondent Fahnia Thomas sat down with film producer Will Packer and director Malcolm D. Lee and joked about school founders and school courses.
- EXCLUSIVE: Kevin Hart Roasts Producer Will Packer Promoting 'Adult School' [WATCH] Eurweb.com
No topic is off limits in the studio and Hart sets off the entire crew when he roasts Packer. Watch the hilarity go down in this exclusive clip.
- Oscar-Nominated Producer Launches New Republic Production Company TheWrap
Brian Oliver's new film financing and production company has a first-look co-financing deal at Paramount it was announced at Cannes.
- Bananas Marketing business updates The Packer
Fort Lauderdale, Fla.-based Chiquita has numerous marketing programs planned for the remainder of the year. The company recently marked World Education ...
- Kevin Hart, Will Packer Team For Action Comedy ‘On The Run’ In Universal Pitch Deal Deadline
Universal acquired On the Run, an action-comedy pitch by Aeysha Carr. Kevin Hart has attached to star and he will produce with Will Packer.
- Australia’s Fairfax Media and Nine Entertainment will merge The Economist
Ever since John Fairfax took over the fledgling Sydney Morning Herald newspaper in 1841, the Fairfax name has straddled Australia's media. After 177 years, it ...
- ‘Infinity War’ Is Now Second-Fastest To Half Billion; ‘Life Of The Party’ No Pizzazz With $18M+ Deadline
Box office newcomers Life of the Party and Breaking In won't be able to top Avengers: Infinity War, which is looking at a $60 million frame.
- How Data Drives Studio Decisions as Much as Gut Instinct in Netflix Era TheWrap
Data is driving studio decisions just as much as instinct in the era of Netflix and other streaming services, according to studio executives.
- Universal Bets On Lower-Budget Movies Against Next Year's Disney Onslaught Forbes
Universal's 2019 is hoping its low-budget brands will deliver big bucks against the coming Disney onslaught.
- Learn a lesson (or two) from Aldi The Packer
Aldi is a company that I have always been fascinated by; with over 1800 locations in 35 states, it has a revenue projection by retail analysts just north of $11 ...
- 7 secrets to selling your TV show and movie ideas to Hollywood, according to a successful producer Business Insider
Jamie Primak Sullivan – who has sold ideas for television shows, books, and movies – told Business Insider the methods that worked for her.
- Mo’Nique Threatens To Expose Hollywood Heavyweight Will Packer For Trying To ‘Intimidate, Bully and Ruin’ H... BET
Mo'Nique has set her sights on her next target, and she's taken to Instagram, her platform of choice as of late, threatening to expose him of allegedly ruining her ...
- Disney to create live sports, entertainment shows for Twitter Reuters
(Reuters) - Walt Disney Co will create live sports, news and entertainment programming specifically for Twitter Inc's social network, a move to attract online ...
- Twitter Boasts 30 New or Renewed Video Pacts, Details ESPN, NBCUniversal Live Programming Variety
Twitter is ready to pump even more premium video into your tweet-stream from a range of new and existing partners -- with an emphasis on live-streamed ...
- Nine's Fairfax takeover: what is the deal and what will it mean? The Guardian
The takeover is expected to be complete before the end of the year, pending approval from Fairfax's shareholders and from the Australian Competition and ...
- KHS USA expands packaging business with acquisition The Packer
Waukesha, Wis.-based KHS USA Inc. plans to purchase the assets of Fairfield, N.J., packaging equipment manufacturer Scandia Packaging Machinery Co.
- Kevin Hart Talks Diversity in Hollywood at 'Night School' Premiere Black Enterprise
Comedian Kevin Hart and producer Will Packer talk about diversity in Hollywood during the premiere of their new film "Night School" at the Urbanworld Film ...
- Gabrielle Union and Will Packer hold screening for ‘Breaking In’ in Atlanta Rolling Out
Gabriel Union and Will Packer were joined by A Mayor named Kesha Lance Bottoms, Producer Jaime Primak Sullivan and James Lopez. Jaime Primak Sullivan ...
- Will Packer Moves Production Company to CAA Hollywood Reporter
The producer, whose string of recent hits include 'Ride Along 2,' 'Straight Outta Compton' and 'The Wedding Ringer,' was previously at UTA.
- Twitter announces over 30 premium video content deals at Digital Content NewFronts, expands depth and breadth of programming slate PR Newswire
NEW YORK, April 30, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Twitter, the first place to see what's happening, returned to the Digital *Content* NewFronts with an expanded slate of ...
- 10 of the Most Successful Black Producers in Hollywood Black Enterprise
Just who are the most successful black producers in Hollywood? Well, according to the Producers Guild of America they are engaged in decision-making ...
- The Boss: Tricia Clarke-Stone Refinery29
With Black Is The New Black, R29's Black writers spotlight 20 women who are inspiring us right now — Black women who are kicking down the doors of their ...
- Khalil Mack to the Packers? At least one oddsmaker thinks so Green Bay Press Gazette
The oddsmakers have spoken, and at least one is saying the Green Bay Packers have the best chance to land Oakland Raiders star linebacker Khalil Mack by ...
- Aaron Jones Could Spark Packers' Offense, But Will Mike McCarthy Let Him? Forbes
Aaron Jones is the Packers' most explosive running back, but received just six carries last week.
- Exclusive: Mo’Nique’s emails reveal her real issue with Hollywood Rolling Out
Mo'Nique and her hubby-manager Sidney Hicks came on this writer's radio show "Real Talk with Rashad Richey" (the interview will be posted soon) and ...
- Packers announce housing, office building for Titletown District Green Bay Press Gazette
Townhouses, apartments and commercial building part of Phase 2 of Packers' Titletown District.
- The Lachlan ascendancy: is News Corp heading for a cultural change? The Guardian
In the final part of this series, we examine the forces likely to shape Australia's Murdoch news empire post-Rupert.