Will Packer Media
Will Packer Media, a production and branded content company focused on TV and digital scripted and unscripted series, branded content as well as short-form entertainment targeting young and urban millennial audiences. Will Packer Media was launched with backing from Universal Pictures and Discovery Communications. The company is developing episodic scripted and unscripted series across television and digital platforms along with short-form digital content for brand clients.
Will Packer Media acquired xoNecole in January 2018, a lifestyle site created by, and for, urban millennial women. The deal expands WPM’s media footprint with xoNecole becoming the company’s first owned and operated digital platform and complementing its existing strength in TV, digital and branded content production. WPM will implement an accelerated growth strategy for the cross-platform brand, expanding its video, social and mobile offerings, and building a branded newsletter and multi-faceted event series to further connect with its audience.
- BET Announces Cast Of New Will Packer Comedy Series, 'Bigger' Blackfilm
- Breaking News - BET Networks Announces the Cast for "Bigger," The Will Packer Executive Produced Original Series The Futon Critic
- BET Reveals Cast For Comedy Series ‘Bigger’ From Will Packer Deadline
- BET Networks Announces the Full Bigger Cast VitalThrills.com
- View full coverage on Google News
- Media Mogul, Necole Kane, Shares 5 Lessons She Learned After Successfully Rebuilding Her Company Forbes
Media Mogul, Necole Kane knows a little something about transitions. When she made the decision to shut down her celebrity gossip blog in 2015, the website ...
- “Little” producer Will Packer on making entertainment for the “new American mainstream” Fast Company
Producer Will Packer's films, such as the NWA biopic Straight Outta Compton, Tiffany Haddish's breakout vehicle Girls Trip, and the dance drama Stomp the Yard ...
- The Mindhunter season finale is frustrating as hell—and that's a good thing The A.V. Club
Wayne Williams, to use a phrase I've heard detectives say on TV, looks good. His stories are inconsistent, his movements suspicious—seriously, who goes out ...
- Will Packer’s Companies Name Shayla Cowan Chief Of Staff Deadline
Will Packer has appointed Shayla Cowan as Chief of Staff of Will Packer Productions and Will Packer Media.
- Will Packer Starting Production Company With Backing From Discovery and Universal The New York Times
Mr. Packer is best known for his movies, but his new venture will produce everything from advertising campaigns to online videos.
- Will Packer Has Big ‘Ambitions’ for the Small Screen Variety
Will Packer made his reputation with such movies as “Girls Trip” but he's moved into TV. “We are *content* creators and I don't want to be limited to one particular ...
- Packer sold share of Crown Resorts to tycoon who was director of 'banned' company The Guardian
NSW parliament launches inquiry into $1.75bn purchase by casino magnate Lawrence Ho, who was involved with a company banned from doing business with ...
- Crown Resorts: Packer's casino group foots bill as 'special relationship' in spotlight The Guardian
The media has focused on tales of sex, drugs and wombat shooting – but a NSW inquiry may delve deeply into the Packer and Ho dynasties. Ben Butler.
- How Billion-Dollar Producer Will Packer Gives Audiences What They Want Variety
Packer scores at the box office by giving audiences what they want.
- Fox TV Stations to Test ‘Central Ave’ Newsmagazine Series From Will Packer Variety
Producer Will Packer and Lionsgate's Debmar-Mercury have teamed with Fox Television Stations for a test run of a newsmagazine focused on entertainment ...
- The Film Stories that Defined the Decade IndieWire
From the Sony Hack to the WGA strike, from the rise of Netflix to the death of the Dark Universe, these film stories defined the 2010s.
- Will Packer Media Makes Key Hires for Television, Digital (Exclusive) Hollywood Reporter
Will Packer Media recently entered into a partnership with Universal Pictures and Discovery Communications for a TV production and branded- *content* deal.
- Jon Gruden: Winnipeg field was fine, ask Green Bay what the problem was NBCSports.com
Raiders coach Jon Gruden did not agree with the decision to play Thursday night's game against the Packers on a makeshift 80-yard field after the NFL's attempt ...
- Will Packer Productions Appoints Heather Washington To Director of Development Deadline
EXCLUSIVE: Will Packer Productions, the company behind 100+ million grossing comedies Girls Trip and Night School, has named Heather Washington as ...
- Oprah Winfrey’s OWN Evolves Amid TV-Industry Shifts Variety
Tarrell Alvin McCraney threw up a little in his mouth when Oprah Winfrey sat down in the room to hear his pitch for “David Makes Man.” “I was a lot nervous,” ...
- ‘Little’ Filmmaker Tina Gordon to Direct ‘Praise This’ For Universal, Will Packer Productions Variety
“Little” director Tina Gordon is reuniting with Universal Pictures and Will Packer Productions for “Praise This,” a musical drama centered around the world of ...
- Will Packer on Why His Twitter Show ‘Gives Voices to the Voiceless’ Variety
“Power Star Live” sounds very meta: A live show on Twitter about what people are saying on Twitter. But the half-hour show, hosted by Xilla Valentine and Jessie ...
- Will Packer Media Acquires Popular Women's Digital Destination xoNecole Business Wire
LOS ANGELES & NEW YORK & ATLANTA--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Will Packer Media announced today the acquisition of xoNecole, a lifestyle site created by, and ...
- Crown Barangaroo Casino: Inquiry into James Packer's deal with Chinese investor 7NEWS
A public inquiry with the powers of a royal commission will delve into the dealings of James Packer's Barangaroo casino development in Sydney.
- 'Girls Trip' producer Will Packer finds success by targeting an underserved audience Los Angeles Times
In the run-up to his latest movie “Girls Trip,” producer Will Packer didn't rely on massive billboard campaigns in Los Angeles and New York. Instead, he brought ...
- NBC Buys ‘Man. Woman. Child.’ Comedy From Hazy Mills & Will Packer Media Deadline
NBC has put in development Man. Woman. Child., a comedy from Vanessa McCarthy (Rules of Engagement), Sean Hayes and Todd Milliner's Hazy Mills (Hot in ...
- New documentary from Will Packer to focus on Atlanta Child Murders TheGrio
The deaths of 30 children and adults stretching from 1979-1981 and the fear surrounding them will be examined in the film on the Atlanta Child Murders.
- How ‘Night School’s Will Packer Became The Rare Producer To Open 10 Films Atop The Weekend Gross Charts Deadline
EXCLUSIVE: Universal Pictures has just closed a deal to acquire Beast, an action-thriller for Will Packer to produce. The logline is being kept under wraps, but ...
- (BPRW) OWN'S HIT REALITY SERIES "LOVE & MARRIAGE: HUNTSVILLE" RETURNS SATURDAY NIGHTS WITH ALL NEW EPISODES SEPTEMBER 7 Black PR Wire
(Black PR Wire) Los Angeles - OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network has unveiled the explosive new trailer for its hit reality series "Love & Marriage: Huntsville," which ...
- ‘Little’ Producer Will Packer Calls For Hollywood to Hire More Black Female Directors Variety
The producer called out the lack of black female directors in Hollywood's studio system at the world premiere of "Little."
- OWN Orders Two Series From Will Packer Variety
OWN has ordered two new series from executive producer Will Packer and his company Will Packer Media. The first, “Ambitions” is a soap opera-style drama ...
- The day Brett Favre became a Minnesota Viking Star Tribune
Ten years ago Sunday, Brett Favre descended from a clear blue Minnesota sky. An angel landing in a private jet, after years of playing the devil. Vikings fans, the ...
- Ambitions: Will Packer Celebrates New 'OWN' TV Show in ATL Black Press USA
THE BURTON WIRE — Last night, OWN celebrated the premiere of its new drama series “Ambitions,” from Will Packer Productions, at an Atlanta screening and ...
- Will Packer Sets Premiere Date For ‘Power Star Live’, The Series About Twitter On Twitter Deadline
Will Packer Media has set the launch date of Power Star Live, his new live weekly interactive series to stream on Twitter that will focus on the conversation and ...
- Global Well Intervention Market – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026 US Trade Media
Global Well Intervention Market growing at a CAGR of 5.45% in the forecast period of 2019-2026.
- Will Packer Drama 'Ambitions' Brings Star Power to OWN charlestonchronicle.net
By Nsenga K. Burton, Nsenga K. Burton, Ph.D., NNPA Newswire Entertainment Editor. Entertainment juggernaut Will Packer, the man behind hit films like Girls ...
- Will Packer Productions Names James F. Lopez President (EXCLUSIVE) Variety
James F. Lopez has been named Will Packer Production's newest president of production in an exclusive announcement Wednesday.
- Will Packer's 'Little' Again Shows The Value Of Race-Swapping Classic Hollywood High Concepts Forbes
Tina Gordon's Little, opening tomorrow night, is the latest in a recent race-bent and/or gender-bent variations on known high concepts. By that, I mean that the ...
- Ten things we learned at Packers training camp over the past week The Athletic
An unlikely contender at inside linebacker, Dexter Williams' drops, an injury update and more as the Packers prepare to travel to Baltimore.
- This Week in Bearcats: LB Bryan Wright on his final camp at Higher Ground The Athletic
WEST HARRISON, Indiana — Bryan Wright has witnessed and experienced a lot in his five seasons with the Bearcats. Recruited under Tommy Tuberville, ...
- Will Packer Sees Sea Change in Hollywood When It Comes to Diversity Bloomberg
Will Packer, founder of Will Packer Productions, discusses the efforts to increase diversity in Hollywood with Bloomberg's Scarlet Fu and Caroline Hyde on ...
- Rob Riggle Sets "Shark Week" Return With Star-Studded Show From Will Packer (Exclusive) Hollywood Reporter
Anthony Anderson, Adam Devine, Joel McHale and Damon Wayans Jr. will join Rob Riggle in the special 'Shark Trip: Eat. Prey. Chum.' from producer Will ...
- Trading Day: ASX gains in rush of results The Australian
Thats it for the Trading Day blog for Thursday, August 22. Australian stocks finished higher in the busiest day on the earnings calendar. Qantas investors were ...
- Byron Allen, ‘Black-ish’ Star Marsai Martin to Receive Culture Creators Honors Variety
Culture Creators' annual "Innovators and Leaders" Awards brunch will honor Byron Allen, "Black-ish" star Marsai Martin and more on June 22.
- Australian Billionaire James Packer’s Fortune To Fall After Deal To Sell Part of Crown Casino Forbes
Australian casino mogul James Packer agreed to sell nearly 50% of his remaining stake in Crown Resorts Limited to Macau billionaire Lawrence Ho's Melco on ...
- ‘Ambitions’: Robin Givens To Lead Ensemble Cast Of Will Packer’s OWN Drama Series Deadline
Riverdale's Robin Givens is set to lead the ensemble cast of Ambitions, a soapy family drama from producer Will Packer and Lionsgate.
- 'Ambitions' Trailer & Premiere Date For Robin Givens-Led Drama From Will Packer Deadline
Watch the first trailer for 'Ambitions,' the Atlanta-set soapy drama starring Robin Given from Will Packer that premieres June 18 on OWN.
- APA Signs Showrunner And Executive Producer Devon Shepard Deadline
APA has signed Devon Shepard, the current showrunner and executive producer of Will Packer's Bigger on BET.
- Emotional John Alexander makes case for defence The Australian
He was know for decades as the hardman of the Australian media. In more recent years, he has carried that reputation into the gaming sector, cutting a swathe ...
- Issa Rae, LaKeith Stanfield to Star in Stella Meghie’s ‘The Photograph’ Variety
Issa Rae and LaKeith Stanfield will star in Universal's “The Photograph,” sources tell Variety. Stella Meghie will direct and Will Packer will produce for his ...
- Trailer: Regina Hall Turns Into Marsai Martin In Will Packer And Tina Gordon's 'Little' Forbes
Universal's big trailer drop for M. Night Shyamalan's Glass isn't one of their super-duper huge releases, but then they are presumably saving Hobbs and Shaw's ...
- Exclusive clip: Investigation Discovery's “The Atlanta Child Murders” Realscreen
Realscreen - the best in non-fiction, is about the global business of factual entertainment.
- What's The Future Of Entertainment? Girls Trip Producer Will Packer Shares His Plan Forbes
Girls Trip producer Will Packer is looking beyond film to new platforms for his projects. Learn how he chooses great stories and what he believes is the future of ...
- Will Packer, 'OITNB,' 'Good Place' Stars on Barriers to More Inclusion Hollywood Reporter
Will Packer and 'OITNB' and 'Good Place' stars and Hello Sunshine CEO Sarah Harden and 'This Changes Everything' doc team Maria Giese and Tom ...
- 'First Wives Club,' Will Packer Comedy to Launch on Upcoming BET Streaming Service Hollywood Reporter
BET+, eyed to launch in the fall, will also feature scripted originals from Tyler Perry (among others).
- Box Office: 'Little' Nabs Solid $16 Million Debut, 'After' Goes Out Of Style, 'Missing Link' Flops Forbes
The biggest of the newbies was Universal's Little. The Will Packer-produced comedy, about a micromanaging business owner (Regina Hall) who gets turned ...
- Wendy Williams Producing Lifetime Biopic About Her Life, Teams Up With Will Packer balleralert.com
When it comes to getting bags, the gossip queen won't stop for anything. Despite Williams' recent breakup with longtime husband #KevinHunter, the talk show ...
- All eyes on Gina Rinehart in Victoria Senate race The Australian
Watch out Barnaby Joyce: a new Gina Rinehart favourite could be coming to Canberra.
- Taraji P. Henson, Will Packer and more talk making black history in Hollywood - Revolt REVOLT TV
REVOLT TV's Isha Thorpe spoke with stars on the red carpet of the L.A. premiere for the movie "What Men Want" starring Taraji P. Henson and executive ...
- James Lopez talks the future of Will Packer Productions, breaking down barriers and idolizing Judd Apatow Metro US
New Will Packer Productions president James Lopez talks us through the future of the company, making more money overseas and their most ambitious film yet.
- ‘Night School’: As Will Packer Scores His Tenth Box Office Hit, Here’s the Secret to His Success IndieWire
With the $28 million opening of Kevin Hart-Tiffany Haddish comedy “Night School” last weekend, producer Will Packer scored his tenth first-place box office ...
- 'Little' and the Evolution of Will Packer Black Girl Nerds
By Alisha Netis. Since producing his very first film Chocolate City, Will Packer has come a very long way. He is now considered the “it” producer in the Hollywood ...
- Will Packer Moves Production Company to CAA Hollywood Reporter
The producer, whose string of recent hits include 'Ride Along 2,' 'Straight Outta Compton' and 'The Wedding Ringer,' was previously at UTA.
- Will Packer On Being A Brand, Crossover Appeal And Conventional Wisdom Forbes Now
The prolific producer discusses being a brand name, balancing realistic budgets and genre ambitions and a rapidly-changing entertainment landscape.
- TV/radio briefs: Former 99Xer Brian Phillips, Will Packer's ... Atlanta Journal Constitution
Brian Phillips, program director for 99X during the alternative rock station's rise to prominence in the 1990s, returns to Atlanta for the first time in two decades as ...
- Packer's 'Ambitions' brings star power to OWN Florida Courier
BY DR. NSENGA K. BURTON NNPA NEWSWIRE ENTERTAINMENT EDITOR. Entertainment juggernaut Will Packer, the man behind hit films like “Girls Trip,'' ...
- Untitled Will Packer Romance Pic Eyes Valentine’s Day 2020 Release Deadline
Universal has just announced that an untitled Will Packer romance feature will open next year on Valentine's Day. The movie will square off with a Disney ...
- ‘Ambitions’: Steven Williams & Christina Kirkman Join Will Packer’s OWN Drama Series Deadline
Steven Williams and Christina Kirkman have joined the cast of Ambitions, OWN's family drama from producer Will Packer, Lionsgate and Debmar-Mercury.
- Will Packer on Hollywood Racism, 'Advantage' of Being 'the Only Black Person in the Room' TheWrap
Power producer Will Packer currently has the No. 1 comedy in the country in “Night School,” and he says he got to where he is by first having success outside of ...
- Hollywood Takes on the Red States – What’s at Stake in Abortion Showdown TheWrap
Hollywood threw down the gauntlet on Thursday in lining up and threatening to pull their business out of states that have adopted severe anti-abortion laws.
- Will Packer's New Series Prompts Atlanta Police To Re-examine Murders Of 22 Black Children HuffPost
With his latest docu-series, “The Atlanta Child Murders,” film producer Will Packer is calling our attention to the cases of more than two dozen black children who ...
- OWN Unveils Three Unscripted Series & Premiere Date For Will Packer’s ‘Ready To Love’ Deadline
OWN unveis three Saturday night unscripted series focusing on love, relationships and marriage and sets a date for its dating series from Will Packer.
- Atlanta social media comedian catches a Hollywood break The Atlanta Voice
Popular social media funny guy, Desi Banks, has managed to up through the ranks of social media to land a role in the highly anticipated Will Packer Production.
- T.I., Will Packer, Bozoma Saint John among speakers for 2019 A3C Festival and Conference Atlanta Journal Constitution
The conference portion of the event, which will take place Oct. 8-12 at the Atlanta Convention Center and Hotel Indigo downtown, will feature a list of names from ...
- Friday Box Office: 'Little' Tops 'Hellboy' As 'After' Overperforms And 'Missing Link' Bombs Forbes
'Hellboy' is a domestic miss as 'Little' is the biggest of this weekend's new releases.
- “I don't want any more firsts in the industry”: Little star Marsai Martin is leading Hollywood's youth revolt Fast Company
At just 14 years old, Black-ish star Marsai Martin became the youngest executive producer of a major film with her comedy Little. Age aside, Martin being a black ...
- Will Packer Media Acquires Necole Kane's xoNecole.com Black Enterprise
Necole Kane's urban lifestyle website xoNecole.com is getting a major financial boost from Hollywood producer Will Packer.
- OWN’s New Family Saga ‘Ambitions’ Starring Robin Givens Starts Production in Atlanta Eurweb.com
*Los Angeles – OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network announced today the start of production in Atlanta of the new multigenerational family saga “Ambitions,” produced ...
- Debmar-Mercury & Will Packer Join Forces for Newsmag Show - TVREAL World Screen
Lionsgate's Debmar-Mercury and Will Packer (Night School, Girls Trip) have teamed up for Central Ave, a multicultural entertainment news magazine show.
- Will Packer reverses 'Big' with 'Little&rsquo... Atlanta Journal Constitution
Originally posted Tuesday, April 9, 2019 by RODNEY HO/rho@ajc.
- 5 Things We Learned at TCA: Day 15 Variety
Will Packer is bringing a series to Investigation Discovery; Travel Channel expands its slate, including resurrecting "America Unearthed."
- 2018 Creative All Star: Tricia Clarke-Stone 12/26/2018 MediaPost Communications
After cutting her teeth repping media at radio broadcaster Emmis Communications, then leading digital for its seminal Emmis Interactive division, Tricia ...
- AAFCA Podcast – Episode 8: Will Packer on ‘What Men Want’ Eurweb.com
What Men Want" is not a sequel but is loosely based on the film “What Women Want” from 2000 that starred Mel Gibson and Helen Hunt.
- ‘Girls Trip’ Co-Writer Tracy Oliver Inks First-Look Deal At Topic Studios Deadline
Topic Studios has signed Girls Trip co-writer and The First Wives Club series creator Tracy Oliver to a first-look deal.
- Ludacris, Will Packer hosting Stacey Abrams fundraiser October 21 Atlanta Journal Constitution
Originally posted Saturday, October 20, 2018 by RODNEY HO/rho@ajc.
- Issa Rae and LaKeith Stanfield Romantic Drama ‘The Photograph’ Sets Valentine’s Day 2020 Release Variety
Universal Pictures is getting in on the Valentine's Day spirit, releasing Issa Rae and LaKeith Stanfield's romantic drama “The Photograph” on Feb. 14, 2020.
- Ex-Will Packer TV Execs Korin Huggins & Monique Nash Launch Prod. Company Aimed At Diverse Content About Women Deadline
Korin Huggins, former head of TV at Will Packer Productions, has teamed with fellow Will Packer alum Monique Nash to launch Kronicle Media.
- BET Readies BET+ Streaming Service Multichannel News
BET Networks will jump into the digital streaming video arena with the fall debut of BET+, headed up by veteran digital executive Devin Griffin.
- Viacom Partners With Tyler Perry for BET Plus Streaming Service Variety
Viacom's BET Networks has teamed with Tyler Perry to create a subscription streaming *service* that combines the prolific auteur's library of movies and TV shows ...
- Hollywood Hitmaker: 10 Facts About Will Packer Black Enterprise
Will Packer has a great body of work that has netted millions in Hollywood. We list several facts about him you may not have known.
- Will Packer, Nephew Tommy, Trina Braxton headline OWN's new "Ready to Love" show The Atlanta Voice
In addition to ordering three new unscripted television shows, the network has presented us with “Ready To Love,” a dating series from Will Packer Media and ...
- Mate Versus Mate: Inside ScoMo's billion-dollar visa privatisation Michael West News
Is Scott Briggs – Scott Morrison mate, Liberal staffer, News Corp lobbyist and Packer empire crisis consultant – now the front-runner to win the Government's ...
- Will Packer and His Wife Heather Packer Are Making The Most Out Of Date Night In New York City Essence
Will Packer may be gearing up for the premiere of Night School, but his media tour doesn't stop him from spending some quality time with his wife, Heather ...
- Chris Rock To Direct Kevin Hart In Will Packer-Produced Universal Comedy ‘Co-Parenting’ Deadline
EXCLUSIVE: After an auspicious directorial breakout on the 2014 comedy Top Five, Chris Rock is getting back behind the camera. He is in negotiations to direct ...
- 'Black-ish' Creator Kenya Barris and Producer Will Packer Accused of Stealing 'Girls Trip', Sued For Millions Yahoo Entertainment
“Black-ish” creator Kenya Barris and mega-producer Will Packer have been hit with a federal lawsuit accusing them of stealing the idea for the hit film “Girls Trip” ...
- OWN Orders More Episodes Of ‘Ready To Love’ & ‘Love & Marriage: Huntsville’ Deadline
OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network has ordered additional episodes of its hit Saturday night dating series Ready to Love and Love & Marriage: Huntsville.
- 'Night School' Producer on Star Friends, Watch Collection Hollywood Reporter
'Think Like a Man' director Tim Story, Kevin Hart and Queen Latifah have shown their box-office gratitude to 'Night School' super-producer Will Packer with ...
- Lionsgate's Michael Burns Predicts the Bundle Will Survive – and Go Over-the-Top TheWrap
Speculation about the demise of cable bundles has been exaggerated, says Lionsgate vice chairman Michael Burns, who spoke at TheGrill.
- Will Packer, Iyanla Vanzant, Spike Lee and More To Attend 2019 American Black Film Festival Broadway World
The 23rd annual American Black Film Festival (ABFF), taking place in Miami June 12-16, continues to deliver on their promise to showcase some of today's ...
- ‘Almost Christmas’ Producer Will Packer Keeps Packing Them In Deadline
Statistically speaking, financiers often say that it's the tentpoles that profit the most in the long run, however, producer Will Packer has a knack for yielding big ...
- "I Need to Be Careful": Texts Reveal Warner Bros. CEO Promoted Actress Amid Apparent Sexual Relationship Hollywood Reporter
Hundreds of leaked text messages between Kevin Tsujihara, actress Charlotte Kirk and partners Brett Ratner and James Packer show the powerful executive, ...
- Will Packer Media acquires Necole Kane’s xoNecole Rolling Out
Will Packer is an entertainment juggernaut. On Jan. 18, news broke that prominent director Will Packer acquired lifestyle blogger Necole Kane's platform, ...
- Justin Hartley Launches Production Company, Inks Pod Deal With 20th TV Deadline
EXCLUSIVE: Justin Hartley is branching out into TV producing. The popular This Is Us star has signed a pod deal with 20th Century Fox TV, the studio behind ...
- Kevin Hart and producer Will Packer, partners in funny, team up again for 'Night School' Chicago Sun-Times
Hart and Will Packer, teamed again on 'Night School,' share a belief in surrounding the superstar with people just as funny.