Will Packer Media
Will Packer Media, a production and branded content company focused on TV and digital scripted and unscripted series, branded content as well as short-form entertainment targeting young and urban millennial audiences. Will Packer Media was launched with backing from Universal Pictures and Discovery Communications. The company is developing episodic scripted and unscripted series across television and digital platforms along with short-form digital content for brand clients.
Will Packer Media acquired xoNecole in January 2018, a lifestyle site created by, and for, urban millennial women. The deal expands WPM’s media footprint with xoNecole becoming the company’s first owned and operated digital platform and complementing its existing strength in TV, digital and branded content production. WPM will implement an accelerated growth strategy for the cross-platform brand, expanding its video, social and mobile offerings, and building a branded newsletter and multi-faceted event series to further connect with its audience.
- Hasan Minhaj and Ruth E. Carter on Increasing Opportunity in Hollywood Hollywood Reporter
Hasan Minhaj, Oscar-winning 'Black Panther' costume designer Ruth E. Carter and Will Packer Productions president James F. Lopez talked about how they ...
- TLC Revives ‘What Not to Wear’ as Discovery Loads Up on Franchises Variety
TLC will bring back its long-running fashion makeover series "What Not to Wear" next year. The unscripted series that aired from 2003 to 2013 is one of a slew of ...
- 'Shazam!' bests newcomers with $25.1M second weekend Fox Business
Lionsgate's "Hellboy" reboot, the animated Laika Studios release "Missing Link," the college romance "After" and even the long-delayed "Mary Magdalene," ...
- Will Packer’s Companies Name Shayla Cowan Chief Of Staff Deadline
Will Packer has appointed Shayla Cowan as Chief of Staff of Will Packer Productions and Will Packer Media.
- What Did Marsai Martin Learn About Adulthood From ‘Little’? BET
14-year-old Marsai Martin turned heads and tables by becoming one of the youngest producers in Hollywood with her first feature film, "Little."
- ‘Little’ Star, Big Clout The Wall Street Journal
LOS ANGELES—When she was 5 years old, Marsai Martin started modeling in her hometown in Texas. Within a year of moving to Los Angeles at age 9, she ...
- Discovery Upfront: See Slates for HGTV, Food Network, TLC, OWN, ID, Animal Planet and More TheWrap
Discovery, Inc. unveiled the upcoming slates for each of its many cable channels Wednesday at its New York City upfront presentation to advertisers.
- James Packer's crowning glory The Australian Financial Review
If James Packer sells his casino business it will mark the end of an era for a family that has shaped Australia's corporate landscape for four generations.
- Debmar-Mercury Moves Ad Sales to CTD Broadcasting & Cable
With Twentieth Television being absorbed by Disney, Lionsgate-owned Debmar-Mercury is moving its national barter advertising sales operation to CBS ...
- 'Shazam!' In Second Weekend To Overpower 'Hellboy' At Box Office Deadline
5th Update, Sunday AM: after Friday and Saturday posts: New Line/DC's Shazam! bulked up 74% on Saturday over Friday with $11M, putting its second ...
- Discovery Unveils 2019-2020 Programming Slate: New Series From Discovery Channel, HGTV, Investigation Discovery, Travel Channel, More Deadline
Discovery unveiled its 2019-2020 programming slate at its upfront presentation Wednesday in New York.
- Will Packer Productions Appoints Heather Washington To Director of Development Deadline
EXCLUSIVE: Will Packer Productions, the company behind 100+ million grossing comedies Girls Trip and Night School, has named Heather Washington as ...
- Global Swellable Packers Market Will Grow at a CAGR of 6% During 2019-2023 | Technavio Business Wire
LONDON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Technavio has announced the release of their research report on the global swellable packers market for the forecast period ...
- 2019 CPMA features strong buyer presence | Packer The Packer
With more than 300 exhibitors and a strong international presence, the 2019 Canadian Produce Marketing Association Convention delivered for attendees.
- NBC Buys ‘Man. Woman. Child.’ Comedy From Hazy Mills & Will Packer Media Deadline
NBC has put in development Man. Woman. Child., a comedy from Vanessa McCarthy (Rules of Engagement), Sean Hayes and Todd Milliner's Hazy Mills (Hot in ...
- European Drama & Quirky Entertainment Formats Lead Mip TV Slates As Cannes Confab Faces Major Challenges Deadline
This year's Mip TV in Cannes is facing a major challenge as a slew of the largest international companies have shunned the April market and A-list buyers and ...
- Ivanka visiting in Ethiopia | News, Sports, Jobs SalemNews.net
ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia — Far from the din of Washington, Ivanka Trump toured businesses run by women in Ethiopia on Sunday while promoting a White ...
- Will Packer Starting Production Company With Backing From Discovery and Universal The New York Times
Mr. Packer is best known for his movies, but his new venture will produce everything from advertising campaigns to online videos.
- How ‘Night School’s Will Packer Became The Rare Producer To Open 10 Films Atop The Weekend Gross Charts Deadline
EXCLUSIVE: Universal Pictures has just closed a deal to acquire Beast, an action-thriller for Will Packer to produce. The logline is being kept under wraps, but ...
- Will Packer Sets Premiere Date For ‘Power Star Live’, The Series About Twitter On Twitter Deadline
Will Packer Media has set the launch date of Power Star Live, his new live weekly interactive series to stream on Twitter that will focus on the conversation and ...
- William & Mary community unites on One Tribe One Day William & Mary News
One Tribe One Day 2019 was bigger, better and bolder than ever before, with 13144 donors giving on a single day.
- 'Girls Trip' producer Will Packer finds success by targeting an underserved audience Los Angeles Times
Packer has built a successsful career by marketing movies to their target audience.
- Will Packer Productions Names James F. Lopez President (EXCLUSIVE) Variety
James F. Lopez has been named Will Packer Production's newest president of production in an exclusive announcement Wednesday.
- Will Packer Media Makes Key Hires for Television, Digital (Exclusive) Hollywood Reporter
Will Packer Media recently entered into a partnership with Universal Pictures and Discovery Communications for a TV production and branded- *content* deal.
- New documentary from Will Packer to focus on Atlanta Child Murders TheGrio
The deaths of 30 children and adults stretching from 1979-1981 and the fear surrounding them will be examined in the film on the Atlanta Child Murders.
- OWN Orders Two Series From Will Packer Variety
OWN has ordered two new series from executive producer Will Packer and his company Will Packer Media. The first, “Ambitions” is a soap opera-style drama ...
- Untitled Will Packer Romance Pic Eyes Valentine’s Day 2020 Release Deadline
Universal has just announced that an untitled Will Packer romance feature will open next year on Valentine's Day. The movie will square off with a Disney ...
- ‘Ambitions’: Steven Williams & Christina Kirkman Join Will Packer’s OWN Drama Series Deadline
Steven Williams and Christina Kirkman have joined the cast of Ambitions, OWN's family drama from producer Will Packer, Lionsgate and Debmar-Mercury.
- Will Packer Media Acquires Popular Women's Digital Destination xoNecole Business Wire
LOS ANGELES & NEW YORK & ATLANTA--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Will Packer Media announced today the acquisition of xoNecole, a lifestyle site created by, and ...
- James Lopez talks the future of Will Packer Productions, breaking down barriers and idolizing Judd Apatow Metro US
New Will Packer Productions president James Lopez talks us through the future of the company, making more money overseas and their most ambitious film yet.
- What’s Happening With ASX Infant Formula Stocks This Year – BAL, A2M, KTD? Kalkine Media
As per the S&P/ASX 200 Consumer Staples (Sector) on 18 April 2019, the YTD performance of the index is giving a positive return of 8.49% and a price return of ...
- CBS CEO Leslie Moonves, ‘Girls Trip’ Producer Will Packer to Keynote at TheGrill 2018 TheWrap
TheWrap's annual conference about the convergence of entertainment and technology returns October 1-2, 2018, for two full days of hard-hitting conversation.
- Will Packer on Hollywood Racism, 'Advantage' of Being 'the Only Black Person in the Room' TheWrap
TheGrill 2018: "For me it's more microaggressions than someone saying 'Get that black s--t out of here,'" Packer said of the racism he's encountered.
- Chris Rock To Direct Kevin Hart In Will Packer-Produced Universal Comedy ‘Co-Parenting’ Deadline
EXCLUSIVE: After an auspicious directorial breakout on the 2014 comedy Top Five, Chris Rock is getting back behind the camera. He is in negotiations to direct ...
- ‘Night School’: As Will Packer Scores His Tenth Box Office Hit, Here’s the Secret to His Success IndieWire
With the $28 million opening of Kevin Hart-Tiffany Haddish comedy “Night School” last weekend, producer Will Packer scored his tenth first-place box office ...
- ‘Ambitions’: Robin Givens To Lead Ensemble Cast Of Will Packer’s OWN Drama Series Deadline
Riverdale's Robin Givens is set to lead the ensemble cast of Ambitions, a soapy family drama from producer Will Packer and Lionsgate.
- APA Signs Showrunner And Executive Producer Devon Shepard Deadline
APA has signed Devon Shepard, the current showrunner and executive producer of Will Packer's Bigger on BET.
- Ludacris, Will Packer hosting Stacey Abrams fundraiser October 21 Atlanta Journal Constitution
Originally posted Saturday, October 20, 2018 by RODNEY HO/rho@ajc.
- Issa Rae & LaKeith Stanfield To Star In ‘The Photograph’ At Universal Deadline
Insecure's Issa Rae and Atlanta's LaKeith Stanfield are set to lead Universal/ Will Packer Productions' romantic drama The Photograph, written and directed by ...
- Trailer: Regina Hall Turns Into Marsai Martin In Will Packer And Tina Gordon's 'Little' Forbes
Universal's big trailer drop for M. Night Shyamalan's Glass isn't one of their super-duper huge releases, but then they are presumably saving Hobbs and Shaw's ...
- OWN Unveils Three Unscripted Series & Premiere Date For Will Packer’s ‘Ready To Love’ Deadline
OWN unveis three Saturday night unscripted series focusing on love, relationships and marriage and sets a date for its dating series from Will Packer.
- Will Packer and His Wife Heather Packer Are Making The Most Out Of Date Night In New York City Essence
Will Packer may be gearing up for the premiere of Night School, but his media tour doesn't stop him from spending some quality time with his wife, Heather ...
- Twitter Unveils 30 Collaborations For 2018 Including NBCU, Will Packer, Vice & More – Newfronts Deadline
Twitter has taken wraps off plans for more than 30 new collaborations in the areas of entertainment, news, sports and gaming in 2018.
- TheGrill Starts Today: See Will Packer, LA Times Owner Patrick Soon-Shiong and Showtime and AMC Bosses TheWrap
Topics at TheWrap's annual conference, TheGrill, include studio mergers, the rise of esports and the impact of cryptocurrency in the entertainment industry.
- Atlanta social media comedian catches a Hollywood break The Atlanta Voice
Popular social media funny guy, Desi Banks, has managed to up through the ranks of social media to land a role in the highly anticipated Will Packer Production.
- 5 Things We Learned at TCA: Day 15 Variety
Will Packer is bringing a series to Investigation Discovery; Travel Channel expands its slate, including resurrecting "America Unearthed."
- Will Packer Media Acquires Necole Kane's xoNecole.com Black Enterprise
Necole Kane's urban lifestyle website xoNecole.com is getting a major financial boost from Hollywood producer Will Packer.
- AAFCA Podcast – Episode 8: Will Packer on ‘What Men Want’ Eurweb.com
What Men Want" is not a sequel but is loosely based on the film “What Women Want” from 2000 that starred Mel Gibson and Helen Hunt.
- Will Packer On Kanye West-Donald Trump Love-In: “I Miss The Old Kanye” Deadline
Movie producer and social media force Will Packer enlivened Twitter's NewFronts event with his take on the Kanye West-Donald Trump “expression of love,” as ...
- 'Little' and the Evolution of Will Packer Black Girl Nerds
By Alisha Netis. Since producing his very first film Chocolate City, Will Packer has come a very long way. He is now considered the “it” producer in the Hollywood ...
- NFLPA president: Voluntary means voluntary NBC Sports
Jaguars executive V.P. of football operations Tom Coughlin say that all players should be present for voluntary offseason workouts. The president of the NFL ...
- Taraji P. Henson, Will Packer and more talk making black history in Hollywood - Revolt REVOLT TV
REVOLT TV's Isha Thorpe spoke with stars on the red carpet of the L.A. premiere for the movie "What Men Want" starring Taraji P. Henson and executive ...
- Exclusive: Will Packer's OWN drama 'Ambitions' coming... Atlanta Journal Constitution
Originally posted Wednesday, June 27, 2018 by RODNEY HO/rho@ajc.
- 2018 Creative All Star: Tricia Clarke-Stone 12/26/2018 MediaPost Communications
After cutting her teeth repping media at radio broadcaster Emmis Communications, then leading digital for its seminal Emmis Interactive division, Tricia ...
- Universal Pacts With ‘Black-ish’ Actress Marsai Martin & Her Genius Productions Deadline
Universal Pictures today announced that the studio has entered into a first-look production agreement with 14 year-old actress/producer Marsai Martin and her ...
- What's The Future Of Entertainment? Girls Trip Producer Will Packer Shares His Plan Forbes
Girls Trip producer Will Packer is looking beyond film to new platforms for his projects. Learn how he chooses great stories and what he believes is the future of ...
- 'The Breakfast Club' | Nephew Tommy & Will Packer (FULL INTERVIEW) - Revolt REVOLT TV
Nephew Tommy & Will Packer talk new show 'Ready To Love', paying it forward in Hollywood and more.
- OWN’s New Family Saga ‘Ambitions’ Starring Robin Givens Starts Production in Atlanta Eurweb.com
*Los Angeles – OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network announced today the start of production in Atlanta of the new multigenerational family saga “Ambitions,” produced ...
- Will Packer, Nephew Tommy, Trina Braxton headline OWN’s new “Ready to Love” show The Atlanta Voice
In addition to ordering three new unscripted television shows, the network has presented us with “Ready To Love,” a dating series from Will Packer Media and ...
- 'Night School' Producer on Star Friends, Watch Collection Hollywood Reporter
'Think Like a Man' director Tim Story, Kevin Hart and Queen Latifah have shown their box-office gratitude to 'Night School' super-producer Will Packer with ...
- 10 of the Most Successful Black Producers in Hollywood Black Enterprise
Just who are the most successful black producers in Hollywood? Well, according to the Producers Guild of America they are engaged in decision-making ...
- 'Girls Trip' producer Will Packer creates reality dating show New York Post
“Girls Trip” and “Straight Outta Compton” producer Will Packer is behind the upcoming reality dating show, “Ready to Love,” on Oprah Winfrey's OWN network.
- Producer Will Packer Returns to Drama With 'Black America' Alt-History Series | Multicultural Youth News Human Nature magazine
*Fresh* on the heels of the box-office success of “Girls Trip” and his partnership with Discovery Communications and Universal Pictures, mega-producer Will ...
- Filmmakers Will Packer and Malcolm Lee shared insider tips at influencer brunch Rolling Out
Influencer's Will Packer and Malcolm D. Lee shared their experience and professional insight on their humble beginnings, their journey's into Hollywood, the.
- Can Will Packer's 'Night School' with Kevin Hart... Atlanta Journal Constitution
Originally posted Wednesday, September 26, 2018 by RODNEY HO/rho@ajc.
- Jupiter Entertainment Inks Overall Co-Production Deal With Chris Deaux’s Two Fifteen West Deadline
Jupiter Entertainment has signed an overall co-production deal with veteran producer Chris Deaux and his Two Fifteen West Entertainment.
- Issa Rae Joins ‘Black-ish’ Star Marsai Martin In ‘Little’ From Universal & Will Packer Productions Deadline
Insecure creator and star Issa Rae has signed on for Universal Pictures' comedy Little, starring Marsai Martin (Black-ish), who came up with the idea for the film.
- ‘Almost Christmas’ Producer Will Packer Keeps Packing Them In Deadline
Statistically speaking, financiers often say that it's the tentpoles that profit the most in the long run, however, producer Will Packer has a knack for yielding big ...
- Will Packer: Hollywood Hitmaker Talks Business and Boss Moves Black Enterprise
Will Packer produces some of Hollywoodâ€™s most profitable hits. In this exclusive with Black Enterprise he talks boss moves and getting greenlit.
- Universal Cable Productions Inks Two-Project Development Deal With Kronicle Media Deadline
Korin Huggins and Monique Nash have signed a two-project development deal with Universal Cable Productions via their Kronicle Media. Under the pact ...
- Will Packer Addresses Black Male Stereotypes in ‘What Men Want’ (Watch) Eurweb.com
"The scene you are referring to is about the stereotypes of what young black male athletes should want to be or what some people think they aspire to be."
- Ex-Will Packer TV Execs Korin Huggins & Monique Nash Launch Prod. Company Aimed At Diverse Content About Women Deadline
Korin Huggins, former head of TV at Will Packer Productions, has teamed with fellow Will Packer alum Monique Nash to launch Kronicle Media.
- Will Packer On Being A Brand, Crossover Appeal And Conventional Wisdom Forbes Now
The prolific producer discusses being a brand name, balancing realistic budgets and genre ambitions and a rapidly-changing entertainment landscape.
- Will Packer Media acquires Necole Kane's xoNecole Rolling Out
Will Packer is an entertainment juggernaut. On Jan. 18, news broke that prominent director Will Packer acquired lifestyle blogger Necole Kane's platform, ...
- Twitter Announces 30-Plus Content Deals at NewFront Broadcasting & Cable
NBCU, ESPN, Viacom, Hearst among the programming partners.
- Oprah, Will Ferrell among Hollywood stars playing part in Georgia governor's race Atlanta Business Chronicle
Media icon Oprah Winfrey is the latest star scheduled for a visit to the Peach State, using her celebrity to campaign for the Stacey Abrams. Alyssa Milano ...
- Facts About Hollywood Heavyweight, Will Packer Black Enterprise
Will Packer has a great body of work that has netted millions in Hollywood. We list several facts about him you may not have known.
- In making a deal, know what you can disclose The Packer
You know your company well. In fact, many people might consider you an expert on the elements of your business that put you at the head of the pack in your ...
- Oscar-Nominated Producer Launches New Republic Production Company TheWrap
Brian Oliver's new film financing and production company has a first-look co-financing deal at Paramount it was announced at Cannes.
- Annual Industry Brunch with Influencers Will Packer and Malcolm D. Lee Radio Facts
4th ANNUAL INFLUENCER BRUNCH FEATURES CONVERSATION WITH HOLLYWOOD INDUSTRY GIANTS MALCOLM D. LEE AND WILL PACKER.
- African-American Hollywood stars raise $300K for Stacey Abrams Atlanta Journal Constitution
Originally posted Tuesday, October 23, 2018 by RODNEY HO/rho@ajc.
- Potato marketing is an information business | Packer The Packer
Marketers have a stronger price this year on which to base their sales of potatoes, perhaps thanks, in part, to strong demand from the processing sector.
- Foam and fortune: retail royalty kicks on The Australian
Stef Dadon will never forget a simple piece of advice she received almost three years ago from her billionaire grandfather when she and younger sister Jess ...
- Medical Marijuana Heist Spec ‘Green Rush’ Lands At New Republic In Brian Oliver & Will Packer Team-Up Deadline
Brian Oliver and Will Packer are teaming on Green Rush, a medical marijuana heist movie based on a spec screenplay by Matt Tente.
- Kevin Hart Talks Diversity in Hollywood at 'Night School' Premiere Black Enterprise
Comedian Kevin Hart and producer Will Packer talk about diversity in Hollywood during the premiere of their new film "Night School" at the Urbanworld Film ...
- Stella Meghie Is Quietly Defying Hollywood Convention, One Film at a Time IndieWire
Filmmaker Stella Meghie is building a distinct body of work while managing to maintain some level of anonymity.
- Will Packer Suggests ‘Night School’ Dir. Malcolm D. Lee Fund A School For Nas (Watch) Eurweb.com
EUR correspondent Fahnia Thomas sat down with film producer Will Packer and director Malcolm D. Lee and joked about school founders and school courses.
- Marsai Martin Comedy ‘Little,’ Two Other Will Packer Films Get Release Dates Variety
Universal Pictures has announced the release dates for three upcoming comedies from prolific producer Will Packer.
- Robin Givens leads new drama on OWN The Philadelphia Tribune
Actress Robin Givens is coming back to network television with a new show on OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network in the multi-generational saga “Ambitions,” ...
- Will Packer talks new dating show based in Atlanta 'Ready to Love' 11Alive.com WXIA
Award-winning producer Will Packer is back at it again with his newest production and no, this time it is not a movie. Francesca Amiker sat down with him and ...
- Kevin Tsujihara out as CEO of Warner Bros. amid sex scandal Los Angeles Times
Two weeks ago, Warner Bros. Chairman and Chief Executive Kevin Tsujihara seemed to be on the rise. His new boss at AT&T Inc.-owned WarnerMedia had just ...
- Packers announce details for Paul McCartney concert at Lambeau Green Bay Press Gazette
GREEN BAY - Get ready for a few silly love songs and a whole lot of Beatlemania when Paul McCartney plays June 8 at Lambeau Field. The music legend and ...
- OWN Announces Will Packer's 'Ambitions' & 'Ready to Love' Eurweb.com
OWN announced today two new series from prolific hit-maker Will Packer (“Girls Trip,” “Straight Outta Compton,” “Ride Along,” “Roots”) and his Will Packer ...
- Mastronardi Produce named one Canada's best-managed companies The Packer
Greenhouse company Mastronardi Produce, Kingsville, Ontario, has been named one of Canada's Best Managed Companies, for the 10th time.
- The Hollywood Reporter 100: The Most Powerful People in Entertainment 2018 Hollywood Reporter
The annual pecking order of the most powerful people in Hollywood is revealed as Disney's Bob Iger leads the list, the Murdochs tumble from the Top 10 and ...
- Why Taraji P. Henson Is the ‘Comedy Love Baby of Carol Burnett and Will Smith’ Variety
Taraji P. Henson not only stars in the movie “What Men Want,” but she says she does indeed know what men want. “The same things women want,” Henson told ...
- Twitter doubles down on original shows with NBCUniversal, Disney, Viacom and more CNBC
Twitter will bring original shows from NBCUniversal, Disney and Viacom among others to its platform, including a version of "SportsCenter" from Disney-owned ...
- Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms and actress Taraji P. Henson attend screening of 'What Men Want' | BlackPressUSA Black Press USA
ATLANTA VOICE — A special screening of producers Will Packer and James Lopez's film, “What Men Want,” was recently held for Atlanta's tastemakers and ...
- James Packer, billionaire in retreat after series of crises Financial Times
Casino tycoon beset by personal and business woes has quit his 24 Australian directorships.
- New NW apple company has sights on growth The Packer
A North Carolina agriculture asset management firm has purchased Yakima Valley, Washington-based apple companies Legacy Fruit Packers, Valley Fruit and ...