Will Packer Media
Will Packer Media, a production and branded content company focused on TV and digital scripted and unscripted series, branded content as well as short-form entertainment targeting young and urban millennial audiences. Will Packer Media was launched with backing from Universal Pictures and Discovery Communications. The company is developing episodic scripted and unscripted series across television and digital platforms along with short-form digital content for brand clients.
Will Packer Media acquired xoNecole in January 2018, a lifestyle site created by, and for, urban millennial women. The deal expands WPM’s media footprint with xoNecole becoming the company’s first owned and operated digital platform and complementing its existing strength in TV, digital and branded content production. WPM will implement an accelerated growth strategy for the cross-platform brand, expanding its video, social and mobile offerings, and building a branded newsletter and multi-faceted event series to further connect with its audience.
- BET Networks and Tyler Perry Studios to Launch BET+ Yahoo Finance
BET Networks, a unit of Viacom Media Networks (NASDAQ: VIAB, VIA), and Tyler Perry Studios today unveiled a new joint venture to launch BET+, a premier ...
- WATCH: Byron Allen honored with ICON Award at Culture Creators Brunch TheGrio
Byron Allen brought the star-studded crowd to its feet when he was honored with the ICON Award at the annual Culture Creators Innovators and Leaders Brunch ...
- Women helping women | Packer The Packer
Women helping women. We know that the *fresh* produce business has traditionally been a male-dominated industry. Look around the room at any big trade ...
- Panelists urge companies to invest in traceability The Packer
AUSTIN, Texas – Panelists at the Center for Produce Safety Symposium described better traceback as essential to containing foodborne illness outbreaks and ...
- Will Packer’s Companies Name Shayla Cowan Chief Of Staff Deadline
Will Packer has appointed Shayla Cowan as Chief of Staff of Will Packer Productions and Will Packer Media.
- Inside James Packer's tragic mental health battle Now To Love
The broken billionaire James Packer has experienced the most extraordinary highs and lows. But following a tragic devastating breakdown, can he come back ...
- Viacom Confirms BET-Tyler Perry Subscription Streaming Launch This Fall – Update Deadline
UPDATED with the official announcement. Viacom has made it official, announcing the fall launch of a new streaming *service* from BET and Tyler Perry, BET+.
- “Little” producer Will Packer on making entertainment for the “new American mainstream” Fast Company
Producer Will Packer's films, such as the NWA biopic Straight Outta Compton, Tiffany Haddish's breakout vehicle Girls Trip, and the dance drama Stomp the Yard ...
- Crown shares fall after James Packer sells 20% stake Financial Times
Casino mogul James Packer has sold half his shares in Crown Resorts for A$1.76bn ($1.2bn), continuing the phased withdrawal from public life of a family that ...
- Billionaire James Packer's Fortune To Plummet With Sell Off Of Casino Empire Celebrity Net Worth
Australian billionaire James Packer has been divesting himself of everything from his fiancée Mariah Carey to his many directorships in companies to his casino ...
- FB Roundup: Bollinger, Springer and Packer Campden FB
Bollinger family buys into UK wine merchant. One of France's most established winemaking families has bought a minority stake in a UK-based fine wine ...
- Will Packer Has Big ‘Ambitions’ for the Small Screen Variety
Will Packer made his reputation with such movies as “Girls Trip” but he's moved into TV. “We are *content* creators and I don't want to be limited to one particular ...
- Will Packer Productions Appoints Heather Washington To Director of Development Deadline
EXCLUSIVE: Will Packer Productions, the company behind 100+ million grossing comedies Girls Trip and Night School, has named Heather Washington as ...
- Will Packer Starting Production Company With Backing From Discovery and Universal The New York Times
Mr. Packer is best known for his movies, but his new venture will produce everything from advertising campaigns to online videos.
- Fox TV Stations to Test ‘Central Ave’ Newsmagazine Series From Will Packer Variety
Producer Will Packer and Lionsgate's Debmar-Mercury have teamed with Fox Television Stations for a test run of a newsmagazine focused on entertainment ...
- Gold kiwifruit takes off | Packer The Packer
Kiwifruit operates on a “gold” standard these days, and that's good for business, marketers of fruit from New Zealand say.
- NBC Buys ‘Man. Woman. Child.’ Comedy From Hazy Mills & Will Packer Media Deadline
NBC has put in development Man. Woman. Child., a comedy from Vanessa McCarthy (Rules of Engagement), Sean Hayes and Todd Milliner's Hazy Mills (Hot in ...
- How Billion-Dollar Producer Will Packer Gives Audiences What They Want Variety
Packer scores at the box office by giving audiences what they want.
- Will Packer Sets Premiere Date For ‘Power Star Live’, The Series About Twitter On Twitter Deadline
Will Packer Media has set the launch date of Power Star Live, his new live weekly interactive series to stream on Twitter that will focus on the conversation and ...
- How ‘Night School’s Will Packer Became The Rare Producer To Open 10 Films Atop The Weekend Gross Charts Deadline
EXCLUSIVE: Universal Pictures has just closed a deal to acquire Beast, an action-thriller for Will Packer to produce. The logline is being kept under wraps, but ...
- The Surprising Quality Miranda Kerr Was Not Attracted To of Her Now-Husband Showbiz Cheat Sheet
Supermodel Miranda Kerr has an enviable career as one of the highest-earning models in the world. The Victoria's Secret beauty has expanded her business ...
- Will Packer on Why His Twitter Show ‘Gives Voices to the Voiceless’ Variety
“Power Star Live” sounds very meta: A live show on Twitter about what people are saying on Twitter. But the half-hour show, hosted by Xilla Valentine and Jessie ...
- New documentary from Will Packer to focus on Atlanta Child Murders TheGrio
The deaths of 30 children and adults stretching from 1979-1981 and the fear surrounding them will be examined in the film on the Atlanta Child Murders.
- Uneasy lies the Crown: weary Packer changes direction and Barangaroo with it The Guardian
It's an uncertain road ahead for the billionaire, as he cuts his stake in his beloved empire and looks to diversify • Crown has a new king – but regulators may get ...
- Will Packer Media Acquires Popular Women's Digital Destination xoNecole Business Wire
LOS ANGELES & NEW YORK & ATLANTA--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Will Packer Media announced today the acquisition of xoNecole, a lifestyle site created by, and ...
- Universal Updates Slate of Upcoming Will Packer Films TheWrap
Universal Pictures said on Tuesday that it has officially titled the upcoming Issa Rae and Lakeith Stanfield's generational love story “The Photograph.” The film ...
- 'Ambitions' Trailer & Premiere Date For Robin Givens-Led Drama From Will Packer Deadline
Watch the first trailer for 'Ambitions,' the Atlanta-set soapy drama starring Robin Given from Will Packer that premieres June 18 on OWN.
- 'Girls Trip' producer Will Packer finds success by targeting an underserved audience Los Angeles Times
Packer has built a successsful career by marketing movies to their target audience.
- ‘Ambitions’: Robin Givens To Lead Ensemble Cast Of Will Packer’s OWN Drama Series Deadline
Riverdale's Robin Givens is set to lead the ensemble cast of Ambitions, a soapy family drama from producer Will Packer and Lionsgate.
- ‘Little’ Producer Will Packer Calls For Hollywood to Hire More Black Female Directors Variety
The producer called out the lack of black female directors in Hollywood's studio system at the world premiere of "Little."
- Will Packer Productions Names James F. Lopez President (EXCLUSIVE) Variety
James F. Lopez has been named Will Packer Production's newest president of production in an exclusive announcement Wednesday.
- United Fresh promises memorable Chicago show | Packer The Packer
The June 10-12 United *Fresh* 2019 Convention & Expo in Chicago is having one more fling with the Windy City before moving to San Diego next year for a June ...
- Will Packer Media Makes Key Hires for Television, Digital (Exclusive) Hollywood Reporter
Will Packer Media recently entered into a partnership with Universal Pictures and Discovery Communications for a TV production and branded- *content* deal.
- Untitled Will Packer Romance Pic Eyes Valentine’s Day 2020 Release Deadline
Universal has just announced that an untitled Will Packer romance feature will open next year on Valentine's Day. The movie will square off with a Disney ...
- ‘Ambitions’: Steven Williams & Christina Kirkman Join Will Packer’s OWN Drama Series Deadline
Steven Williams and Christina Kirkman have joined the cast of Ambitions, OWN's family drama from producer Will Packer, Lionsgate and Debmar-Mercury.
- APA Signs Showrunner And Executive Producer Devon Shepard Deadline
APA has signed Devon Shepard, the current showrunner and executive producer of Will Packer's Bigger on BET.
- Will Packer taps Issa Rae and LaKeith Stanfield to lead romcom ‘The Photograph’ TheGrio
Super-producer Will Packer has tapped Insecure's Issa Rae and Atlanta's LaKeith Stanfield to lead his romcom The Photograph for Universal Pictures.
- Trailer: Regina Hall Turns Into Marsai Martin In Will Packer And Tina Gordon's 'Little' Forbes
Universal's big trailer drop for M. Night Shyamalan's Glass isn't one of their super-duper huge releases, but then they are presumably saving Hobbs and Shaw's ...
- Will Packer's 'Little' Again Shows The Value Of Race-Swapping Classic Hollywood High Concepts Forbes
Tina Gordon's Little, opening tomorrow night, is the latest in a recent race-bent and/or gender-bent variations on known high concepts. By that, I mean that the ...
- OWN Orders Two Series From Will Packer Variety
OWN has ordered two new series from executive producer Will Packer and his company Will Packer Media. The first, “Ambitions” is a soap opera-style drama ...
- Will Packer, 'OITNB,' 'Good Place' Stars on Barriers to More Inclusion Hollywood Reporter
Will Packer and 'OITNB' and 'Good Place' stars and Hello Sunshine CEO Sarah Harden and 'This Changes Everything' doc team Maria Giese and Tom ...
- James Lopez talks the future of Will Packer Productions, breaking down barriers and idolizing Judd Apatow Metro US
New Will Packer Productions president James Lopez talks us through the future of the company, making more money overseas and their most ambitious film yet.
- ‘Night School’: As Will Packer Scores His Tenth Box Office Hit, Here’s the Secret to His Success IndieWire
With the $28 million opening of Kevin Hart-Tiffany Haddish comedy “Night School” last weekend, producer Will Packer scored his tenth first-place box office ...
- OWN Unveils Three Unscripted Series & Premiere Date For Will Packer’s ‘Ready To Love’ Deadline
OWN unveis three Saturday night unscripted series focusing on love, relationships and marriage and sets a date for its dating series from Will Packer.
- Will Packer on Hollywood Racism, 'Advantage' of Being 'the Only Black Person in the Room' TheWrap
TheGrill 2018: "For me it's more microaggressions than someone saying 'Get that black s--t out of here,'" Packer said of the racism he's encountered.
- Will Packer's New Series Prompts Atlanta Police To Re-examine Murders Of 22 Black Children HuffPost
With his latest docu-series, “The Atlanta Child Murders,” film producer Will Packer is calling our attention to the cases of more than two dozen black children who ...
- Chris Rock To Direct Kevin Hart In Will Packer-Produced Universal Comedy ‘Co-Parenting’ Deadline
EXCLUSIVE: After an auspicious directorial breakout on the 2014 comedy Top Five, Chris Rock is getting back behind the camera. He is in negotiations to direct ...
- Box Office: 'Little' Nabs Solid $16 Million Debut, 'After' Goes Out Of Style, 'Missing Link' Flops Forbes
The biggest of the newbies was Universal's Little. The Will Packer-produced comedy, about a micromanaging business owner (Regina Hall) who gets turned ...
- 'Little' and the Evolution of Will Packer Black Girl Nerds
By Alisha Netis. Since producing his very first film Chocolate City, Will Packer has come a very long way. He is now considered the “it” producer in the Hollywood ...
- Will Packer and His Wife Heather Packer Are Making The Most Out Of Date Night In New York City Essence
Will Packer may be gearing up for the premiere of Night School, but his media tour doesn't stop him from spending some quality time with his wife, Heather ...
- AAFCA Podcast – Episode 8: Will Packer on ‘What Men Want’ Eurweb.com
What Men Want" is not a sequel but is loosely based on the film “What Women Want” from 2000 that starred Mel Gibson and Helen Hunt.
- Kevin Hart and producer Will Packer, partners in funny, team up again for 'Night School' Chicago Sun-Times
Hart and Will Packer, teamed again on 'Night School,' share a belief in surrounding the superstar with people just as funny.
- Hollywood Hitmaker: 10 Facts About Will Packer Black Enterprise
Will Packer has a great body of work that has netted millions in Hollywood. We list several facts about him you may not have known.
- Friday Box Office: 'Little' Tops 'Hellboy' As 'After' Overperforms And 'Missing Link' Bombs Forbes
'Hellboy' is a domestic miss as 'Little' is the biggest of this weekend's new releases.
- What's The Future Of Entertainment? Girls Trip Producer Will Packer Shares His Plan Forbes
Girls Trip producer Will Packer is looking beyond film to new platforms for his projects. Learn how he chooses great stories and what he believes is the future of ...
- TV/radio briefs: Former 99Xer Brian Phillips, Will Packer's ... Atlanta Journal Constitution
Brian Phillips, program director for 99X during the alternative rock station's rise to prominence in the 1990s, returns to Atlanta for the first time in two decades as ...
- Ludacris, Will Packer hosting Stacey Abrams fundraiser October 21 Atlanta Journal Constitution
Originally posted Saturday, October 20, 2018 by RODNEY HO/rho@ajc.
- Super-producer Will Packer speaks on ‘The Atlanta Child Murders,’ his 3-part documentary on the ID Channel TheGrio
A new docu-series from Will Packer called The Atlanta Child Murders will explore that terrifying era when Black families were gripped in fear.
- Emmy Winner Courtney B. Vance Hops In ‘The Photograph’ Deadline
Courtney B. Vance, an Emmy winner for his performance as Johnnie Cochran in FX's The People v. O. J. Simpson series, has signed on for the Universal/ Will ...
- TheGrill Starts Today: See Will Packer, LA Times Owner Patrick Soon-Shiong and Showtime and AMC Bosses TheWrap
Topics at TheWrap's annual conference, TheGrill, include studio mergers, the rise of esports and the impact of cryptocurrency in the entertainment industry.
- CBS CEO Leslie Moonves, ‘Girls Trip’ Producer Will Packer to Keynote at TheGrill 2018 TheWrap
CBS Chairman and CEO Leslie Moonves and Will Packer, producer of blockbusters like “Ride Along” and “Girls Trip,” will headline the 2018 edition of TheGrill, ...
- Will Packer On Being A Brand, Crossover Appeal And Conventional Wisdom Forbes Now
The prolific producer discusses being a brand name, balancing realistic budgets and genre ambitions and a rapidly-changing entertainment landscape.
- 5 Things We Learned at TCA: Day 15 Variety
Will Packer is bringing a series to Investigation Discovery; Travel Channel expands its slate, including resurrecting "America Unearthed."
- Will Packer reverses 'Big' with 'Little&rsquo... Atlanta Journal Constitution
Originally posted Tuesday, April 9, 2019 by RODNEY HO/rho@ajc.
- Twitter Unveils 30 Collaborations For 2018 Including NBCU, Will Packer, Vice & More – Newfronts Deadline
Twitter has taken wraps off plans for more than 30 new collaborations in the areas of entertainment, news, sports and gaming in 2018.
- Ex-Will Packer TV Execs Korin Huggins & Monique Nash Launch Prod. Company Aimed At Diverse Content About Women Deadline
Korin Huggins, former head of TV at Will Packer Productions, has teamed with fellow Will Packer alum Monique Nash to launch Kronicle Media.
- Will Packer Media Acquires Necole Kane's xoNecole.com Black Enterprise
Necole Kane's urban lifestyle website xoNecole.com is getting a major financial boost from Hollywood producer Will Packer.
- 'Night School' Producer on Star Friends, Watch Collection Hollywood Reporter
'Think Like a Man' director Tim Story, Kevin Hart and Queen Latifah have shown their box-office gratitude to 'Night School' super-producer Will Packer with ...
- Will Packer, Nephew Tommy, Trina Braxton headline OWN’s new “Ready to Love” show The Atlanta Voice
In addition to ordering three new unscripted television shows, the network has presented us with “Ready To Love,” a dating series from Will Packer Media and ...
- ‘Almost Christmas’ Producer Will Packer Keeps Packing Them In Deadline
Statistically speaking, financiers often say that it's the tentpoles that profit the most in the long run, however, producer Will Packer has a knack for yielding big ...
- Will Packer Media acquires Necole Kane's xoNecole Rolling Out
Will Packer is the force that won't let up. Yesterday, January 18, news broke that prominent director Will Packer acquired lifestyle blogger Necole Kane's platform ...
- "I Need to Be Careful": Texts Reveal Warner Bros. CEO Promoted Actress Amid Apparent Sexual Relationship Hollywood Reporter
Hundreds of leaked text messages between Kevin Tsujihara, actress Charlotte Kirk and partners Brett Ratner and James Packer show the powerful executive, ...
- Will Packer, Iyanla Vanzant, Spike Lee and More To Attend 2019 American Black Film Festival Broadway World
The 23rd annual American Black Film Festival (ABFF), taking place in Miami June 12-16, continues to deliver on their promise to showcase some of today's ...
- Will Packer Moves Production Company to CAA Hollywood Reporter
The producer, whose string of recent hits include 'Ride Along 2,' 'Straight Outta Compton' and 'The Wedding Ringer,' was previously at UTA.
- ID explores 'Atlanta Child Murders' March 23 two days after... Atlanta Journal Constitution
Originally posted Thursday, March 21, 2019 by RODNEY HOemail@example.com on his AJC Radio &.
- How Kevin Hart became a ‘comedic rock-star’ Metro US
Producers Will Packer and James Lopez talk us through the rise and rise of Kevin Hart, revealing the key to his success and their future plans.
- Exclusive: Will Packer's OWN drama 'Ambitions' coming... Atlanta Journal Constitution
Originally posted Wednesday, June 27, 2018 by RODNEY HO/rho@ajc.
- Georgia Governor Puts Hollywood Trip On Hold After “Heartbeat Bill” Signing Deadline
Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp has postponed an upcoming trip to Hollywood in the wake of signing a controversial abortion law in his state.
- 'Girls Trip' filmmaker coming back to New Orleans for 'The Photograph' NOLA.com
Will Packer's Universal-backed 'The Photograph' is scheduled for a local shoot.
- UPDATED: H. Brooks & Co., J&J Distributing acquired, renamed The Packer
Long-time Twin City produce companies H. Brooks & Co. and its affiliates, and J&J Distributing are being acquired and consolidated into a new company, known ...
- Filmmakers Will Packer and Malcolm Lee shared insider tips at influencer brunch Rolling Out
Influencer's Will Packer and Malcolm D. Lee shared their experience and professional insight on their humble beginnings, their journey's into Hollywood, the.
- Can Will Packer's 'Night School' with Kevin Hart... Atlanta Journal Constitution
Originally posted Wednesday, September 26, 2018 by RODNEY HO/rho@ajc.
- Potato marketing is an information business | Packer The Packer
Marketers have a stronger price this year on which to base their sales of potatoes, perhaps thanks, in part, to strong demand from the processing sector.
- Roma Downey’s LightWorkers Teams With Will Packer On ‘The Baxters’ Digital Series Deadline
LightWorkers Media is partnering with producer Will Packer (Girls Trip) to executive produce The Baxters, a 12-episode digital series that will air on the newly ...
- Will Packer Addresses Black Male Stereotypes in 'What Men Want' (Watch) Eurweb.com
"The scene you are referring to is about the stereotypes of what young black male athletes should want to be or what some people think they aspire to be."
- Medical Marijuana Heist Spec ‘Green Rush’ Lands At New Republic In Brian Oliver & Will Packer Team-Up Deadline
Brian Oliver and Will Packer are teaming on Green Rush, a medical marijuana heist movie based on a spec screenplay by Matt Tente.
- Universal Bets On Lower-Budget Movies Against Next Year's Disney Onslaught Forbes
Universal's 2019 is hoping its low-budget brands will deliver big bucks against the coming Disney onslaught.
- Harris Ranch Beef Co. sold to Hanford meat packer The Business Journal
Harris Farms, Inc. has sold its beef division to Hanford-based Central Valley Meat Company, Inc. The deal, announced today, takes effect immediately.
- Will Packer Suggests 'Night School' Dir. Malcolm D. Lee Fund A School For Nas (Watch) Eurweb.com
EUR correspondent Fahnia Thomas sat down with film producer Will Packer and director Malcolm D. Lee and joked about school founders and school courses.
- Universal Sets Dates For Three Will Packer Comedies Including ‘Little’ With ‘Black-ish’s Marsai Martin Deadline
Universal today announced dates for a trio of Will Packer comedies in the next two-plus years, contining their successful partnership. Little, starring Blackish's ...
- JBT to acquire tray-sealing company Proseal The Packer
JBT Corp., Chicago, is purchasing United Kingdom-based Proseal, which specializes in tray sealing technology for the produce and other industries.
- Why Taraji P. Henson Is the ‘Comedy Love Baby of Carol Burnett and Will Smith’ Variety
Taraji P. Henson not only stars in the movie “What Men Want,” but she says she does indeed know what men want. “The same things women want,” Henson told ...
- 'Girls Trip' producer Will Packer creates reality dating show New York Post
“Girls Trip” and “Straight Outta Compton” producer Will Packer is behind the upcoming reality dating show, “Ready to Love,” on Oprah Winfrey's OWN network.
- Thursday Box Office: 'Hellboy' Earns $1.38 Million, 'Little' Nabs $735,000 Forbes
So, can Hellboy survive its frankly miserable reviews? That's the $50 million question this weekend, as Lionsgate and Millennium's reboot of the Mike ...
- Director Stella Meghie Teams With Will Packer on ‘The Photograph’ (EXCLUSIVE) Variety
Universal Pictures has acquired “The Photograph,” an original spec by Stella Meghie with Will Packer producing for his eponymous production company.
- Ty Montgomery Wears The Goat Horns In Packers' Loss To Rams Forbes
In a game filled with heroes and zeroes, Ty Montgomery's late-game fumble made him the Green Bay Packers' biggest zero.
- New NW apple company has sights on growth The Packer
A North Carolina agriculture asset management firm has purchased Yakima Valley, Washington-based apple companies Legacy Fruit Packers, Valley Fruit and ...
- Banana companies invest in sustainability, efficiencies | Packer The Packer
In the quest for sustainability and social responsibility, banana companies are looking for ways to create efficiencies, conserve resources and improve conditions ...
- EXCLUSIVE: Kevin Hart Roasts Producer Will Packer Promoting ‘Adult School’ [WATCH] Eurweb.com
No topic is off limits in the studio and Hart sets off the entire crew when he roasts Packer. Watch the hilarity go down in this exclusive clip.
- Duncan Family Farms hires Will Feliz as president The Packer
Will Feliz has returned to Duncan Family Farms, Goodyear, Ariz., as president. The company also hired Ryan Borer as chief financial officer. Feliz has more than ...