Will Packer Media
Will Packer Media, a production and branded content company focused on TV and digital scripted and unscripted series, branded content as well as short-form entertainment targeting young and urban millennial audiences. Will Packer Media was launched with backing from Universal Pictures and Discovery Communications. The company is developing episodic scripted and unscripted series across television and digital platforms along with short-form digital content for brand clients.
Will Packer Media acquired xoNecole in January 2018, a lifestyle site created by, and for, urban millennial women. The deal expands WPM’s media footprint with xoNecole becoming the company’s first owned and operated digital platform and complementing its existing strength in TV, digital and branded content production. WPM will implement an accelerated growth strategy for the cross-platform brand, expanding its video, social and mobile offerings, and building a branded newsletter and multi-faceted event series to further connect with its audience.
- New documentary from Will Packer to focus on Atlanta Child Murders TheGrio
The deaths of 30 children and adults stretching from 1979-1981 and the fear surrounding them will be examined in the film on the Atlanta Child Murders.
- ‘Little’ and the Evolution of Will Packer Black Girl Nerds
By Alisha Netis. Since producing his very first film Chocolate City, Will Packer has come a very long way. He is now considered the “it” producer in the Hollywood ...
- Will Packer’s Companies Name Shayla Cowan Chief Of Staff Deadline
Will Packer has appointed Shayla Cowan as Chief of Staff of Will Packer Productions and Will Packer Media.
- Broetje, other apple orchards sell amid consolidation trend The Packer
Two recent purchases of Washington state growers and packers of apples and other tree fruit signal a trend that will continue, according to industry and financial ...
- The Uphill Battles of Black Talent Agents in Hollywood The New York Times
With few colleagues of color in the four big agencies, these representatives have an impact on what is produced. But they also face isolation and other barriers.
- NBC Buys ‘Man. Woman. Child.’ Comedy From Hazy Mills & Will Packer Media Deadline
NBC has put in development Man. Woman. Child., a comedy from Vanessa McCarthy (Rules of Engagement), Sean Hayes and Todd Milliner's Hazy Mills (Hot in ...
- Patricia Karvelas in running for prized Q&A, morning radio gigs The Australian
Back at your ABC, Diary hears it has finalised the line-up for its federal election night TV coverage in May.
- Making Money on Sneaker Collabs Isn’t Why They Exist — Here’s Why They’re Important Footwear News
Major players in the sneaker industry discuss why making money on collaborations isn't the main goal and why they're important.
- Atlanta: The center of Black thought, artistry and entrepreneurship Rolling Out
Atlanta is a bastion of Black intellectual capital cultivated in music, business and centers of higher education, including Spelman College, Clark Atlanta ...
- How ‘Night School’s Will Packer Became The Rare Producer To Open 10 Films Atop The Weekend Gross Charts Deadline
EXCLUSIVE: Universal Pictures has just closed a deal to acquire Beast, an action-thriller for Will Packer to produce. The logline is being kept under wraps, but ...
- Will Packer Starting Production Company With Backing From Discovery and Universal The New York Times
Mr. Packer is best known for his movies, but his new venture will produce everything from advertising campaigns to online videos.
- Will Packer Media Acquires Popular Women's Digital Destination xoNecole Business Wire
LOS ANGELES & NEW YORK & ATLANTA--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Will Packer Media announced today the acquisition of xoNecole, a lifestyle site created by, and ...
- OWN Orders Two Series From Will Packer Variety
OWN has ordered two new series from executive producer Will Packer and his company Will Packer Media. The first, “Ambitions” is a soap opera-style drama ...
- Will Packer Productions Names James F. Lopez President (EXCLUSIVE) Variety
James F. Lopez has been named Will Packer Production's newest president of production in an exclusive announcement Wednesday.
- 'Aquaman' Tops 'Suicide Squad' And Faces Its First Box Office Challenge Forbes
Aquaman's domestic total now sits at $325.248 million as it enters its eighth weekend. It now faces its first big competition ironically in the form of WB's own ...
- Twitter Unveils 30 Collaborations For 2018 Including NBCU, Will Packer, Vice & More – Newfronts Deadline
Twitter has taken wraps off plans for more than 30 new collaborations in the areas of entertainment, news, sports and gaming in 2018.
- 'Girls Trip' producer Will Packer finds success by targeting an underserved audience Los Angeles Times
Packer has built a successsful career by marketing movies to their target audience.
- Will Packer Media Expands Exec Team With Sheila Ducksworth, Jaime Primak Sullivan & Kelly Smith Deadline
Will Packer Media is building out its executive team, adding three industry vets. Sheila Ducksworth joins as Head of Scripted Television; Jaime Primak Sullivan ...
- Chris Rock To Direct Kevin Hart In Will Packer-Produced Universal Comedy ‘Co-Parenting’ Deadline
EXCLUSIVE: After an auspicious directorial breakout on the 2014 comedy Top Five, Chris Rock is getting back behind the camera. He is in negotiations to direct ...
- Ludacris, Will Packer hosting Stacey Abrams fundraiser October 21 Atlanta Journal Constitution
Originally posted Saturday, October 20, 2018 by RODNEY HOemail@example.com on his AJC Radio & TV Talk blog. Atlanta producer Will Packer and actor/musician ...
- CBS CEO Leslie Moonves, ‘Girls Trip’ Producer Will Packer to Keynote at TheGrill 2018 TheWrap
CBS Chairman and CEO Leslie Moonves and Will Packer, producer of blockbusters like “Ride Along” and “Girls Trip,” will headline the 2018 edition of TheGrill, ...
- ‘Ambitions’: Steven Williams & Christina Kirkman Join Will Packer’s OWN Drama Series Deadline
Steven Williams (Yellowstone) and Christina Kirkman (All That) have joined the ensemble cast of Ambitions, a soapy family drama from producer Will Packer, ...
- Will Packer On Being A Brand, Crossover Appeal And Conventional Wisdom Forbes Now
The prolific producer discusses being a brand name, balancing realistic budgets and genre ambitions and a rapidly-changing entertainment landscape.
- OWN’s New Family Saga ‘Ambitions’ Starring Robin Givens Starts Production in Atlanta Eurweb.com
*Los Angeles – OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network announced today the start of production in Atlanta of the new multigenerational family saga “Ambitions,” produced ...
- Will Packer's OWN family drama 'Ambitions' begins production in Atlanta with Robin Givens, Essence Atkins Atlanta Journal Constitution
Originally posted Tuesday, November 13, 2018 by RODNEY HOfirstname.lastname@example.org on his AJC Radio & TV Talk blog. OWN has started production in Atlanta of new ...
- Will Packer On Kanye West-Donald Trump Love-In: “I Miss The Old Kanye” Deadline
Movie producer and social media force Will Packer enlivened Twitter's NewFronts event with his take on the Kanye West-Donald Trump “expression of love,” as ...
- ‘The Lego Movie 2’ Will Put The Box Office Back Together Again With $50M+ Opening Deadline
Exhibitors can rest easy knowing that moviegoing will return to some sort of normalcy this weekend after that dreadful $73.4M Super Bowl period; the lowest ...
- NATPE Spotlights New Hopefuls In Revived Syndicated Talk Show Genre Deadline
The syndication sector's quest for the next "Ellen Show" is making NATPE's 56th annual edition a bit livelier than in recent years.
- Trailer: Regina Hall Turns Into Marsai Martin In Will Packer And Tina Gordon Chism's 'Little' Forbes
Universal's big trailer drop for M. Night Shyamalan's Glass isn't one of their super-duper huge releases, but then they are presumably saving Hobbs and Shaw's ...
- Exclusive: Will Packer's OWN drama 'Ambitions' comin Atlanta Journal Constitution
Originally posted Wednesday, June 27, 2018 by RODNEY HOemail@example.com on his AJC Radio & TV Talk blog. Atlanta producer Will Packer, known for such hit ...
- ‘Night School’: As Will Packer Scores His Tenth Box Office Hit, Here’s the Secret to His Success IndieWire
With the $28 million opening of Kevin Hart-Tiffany Haddish comedy “Night School” last weekend, producer Will Packer scored his tenth first-place box office ...
- OWN Unveils Three Unscripted Series & Premiere Date For Will Packer’s ‘Ready To Love’ Deadline
OWN unveis three Saturday night unscripted series focusing on love, relationships and marriage and sets a date for its dating series from Will Packer.
- Will Packer on Hollywood Racism, 'Advantage' of Being 'the Only Black Person in the Room' TheWrap
TheGrill 2018: "For me it's more microaggressions than someone saying 'Get that black s--t out of here,'" Packer said of the racism he's encountered.
- BEER WAR! - White monopoly capital or intellectual property theft? The Southern Times
By Tileni Mongudhi. Fear of losing its lucrative northern Namibia market, as opposed to intellectual property infringements, appears to be behind Namibia ...
- James Lopez talks the future of Will Packer Productions, breaking down barriers and idolizing Judd Apatow Metro US
New Will Packer Productions president James Lopez talks us through the future of the company, making more money overseas and their most ambitious film yet.
- Will Packer, Nephew Tommy, Trina Braxton headline OWN’s new “Ready to Love” show The Atlanta Voice
In addition to ordering three new unscripted television shows, the network has presented us with “Ready To Love,” a dating series from Will Packer Media and ...
- What's The Future Of Entertainment? Girls Trip Producer Will Packer Shares His Plan Forbes
Girls Trip producer Will Packer is looking beyond film to new platforms for his projects. Learn how he chooses great stories and what he believes is the future of ...
- Will Packer Media Acquires Necole Kane's xoNecole.com Black Enterprise
Necole Kane's urban lifestyle website xoNecole.com is getting a major financial boost from Hollywood producer Will Packer. Packer announced Thursday that ...
- TheGrill Starts Today: See Will Packer, LA Times Owner Patrick Soon-Shiong and Showtime and AMC Bosses TheWrap
Topics at TheWrap's annual conference, TheGrill, include studio mergers, the rise of esports and the impact of cryptocurrency in the entertainment industry.
- 'Night School' Producer on Star Friends, Watch Collection Hollywood Reporter
'Think Like a Man' director Tim Story, Kevin Hart and Queen Latifah have shown their box-office gratitude to 'Night School' super-producer Will Packer with ...
- Will Packer and His Wife Heather Packer Are Making The Most Out Of Date Night In New York City Essence
Will Packer may be gearing up for the premiere of Night School, but his media tour doesn't stop him from spending some quality time with his wife, Heather ...
- 'Girls Trip' producer Will Packer creates reality dating show New York Post
“Girls Trip” and “Straight Outta Compton” producer Will Packer is behind the upcoming reality dating show, “Ready to Love,” on Oprah Winfrey's OWN network.
- Twitter Announces 30-Plus Content Deals at NewFront Broadcasting & Cable
NBCU, ESPN, Viacom, Hearst among the programming partners.
- OWN Announces Will Packer’s ‘Ambitions’ & ‘Ready to Love’ Eurweb.com
OWN announced today two new series from prolific hit-maker Will Packer (“Girls Trip,” “Straight Outta Compton,” “Ride Along,” “Roots”) and his Will Packer ...
- Issa Rae Joins ‘Black-ish’ Star Marsai Martin In ‘Little’ From Universal & Will Packer Productions Deadline
Insecure creator and star Issa Rae has signed on for Universal Pictures' comedy Little, starring Marsai Martin (Black-ish), who came up with the idea for the film.
- Filmmakers Will Packer and Malcolm Lee shared insider tips at influencer brunch Rolling Out
Influencer's Will Packer and Malcolm D. Lee shared their experience and professional insight on their humble beginnings, their journey's into Hollywood, the.
- Twitter's Top Content Blackbird Pushes Ad Revenues To New Highs Forbes
The inability for Twitter to make money has definitely changed since its posted four profitable quarters, following Kay Madati, Head of *Content* Partnerships ...
- 50 Plus 2019 Films Produced, Directed By Or Featuring Black Talent In Prominent Roles Blackfilm
With 2019 already in effect, it's not too late to start looking at some of the films that are slated to hit theaters that feature Black talent in prominent roles (in front of ...
- Will Packer is not interested in producing movies with bigger budgets Metro US
Will Packer has opened up about his future ambitions as a producer, revealing that he doesn't have any intention of working with bigger budgets.
- Facts About Hollywood Heavyweight, Will Packer Black Enterprise
Will Packer has a great body of work that has netted millions in Hollywood. We list several facts about him you may not have known.
- Oprah, Will Ferrell among Hollywood stars playing part in Georgia governor's race Atlanta Business Chronicle
Some of Hollywood's biggest stars are playing a role in pushing Stacey Abrams' candidacy for the next governor of Georgia. Media icon Oprah Winfrey is the ...
- Twitter doubles down on original shows with NBCUniversal, Disney, Viacom and more CNBC
Twitter will bring original shows from NBCUniversal, Disney and Viacom among others to its platform, including a version of "SportsCenter" from Disney-owned ...
- 'The Breakfast Club' | Nephew Tommy & Will Packer (FULL INTERVIEW) - Revolt REVOLT TV
Nephew Tommy & Will Packer talk new show 'Ready To Love', paying it forward in Hollywood and more.
- Marsai Martin Comedy ‘Little,’ Two Other Will Packer Films Get Release Dates Variety
Universal Pictures has announced the release dates for three upcoming comedies from prolific producer Will Packer.
- Universal Bets On Lower-Budget Movies Against Next Year's Disney Onslaught Forbes
Universal's 2019 is hoping its low-budget brands will deliver big bucks against the coming Disney onslaught.
- Will Packer Media acquires Necole Kane's xoNecole Rolling Out
Will Packer is an entertainment juggernaut. On Jan. 18, news broke that prominent director Will Packer acquired lifestyle blogger Necole Kane's platform, ...
- 10 of the Most Successful Black Producers in Hollywood Black Enterprise
Just who are the most successful black producers in Hollywood? Well, according to the Producers Guild of America they are engaged in decision-making ...
- Universal, Will Packer Get In Ring On ‘Fight Night’ Action Comedy Deadline
Universal Pictures and producer Will Packer have teamed for Fight Night, a movie based on a true story about the most daring of heists.
- Will Packer Suggests ‘Night School’ Dir. Malcolm D. Lee Fund A School For Nas (Watch) Eurweb.com
EUR correspondent Fahnia Thomas sat down with film producer Will Packer and director Malcolm D. Lee and joked about school founders and school courses.
- Universal Cable Productions Inks Two-Project Development Deal With Kronicle Media Deadline
Korin Huggins and Monique Nash have signed a two-project development deal with Universal Cable Productions via their Kronicle Media. Under the pact ...
- Annual Industry Brunch with Influencers Will Packer and Malcolm D. Lee Radio Facts
4th ANNUAL INFLUENCER BRUNCH FEATURES CONVERSATION WITH HOLLYWOOD INDUSTRY GIANTS MALCOLM D. LEE AND WILL PACKER · Save.
- Digital Publishing Company Tapas Media Pacts With THE|MACHINE Deadline
THE|MACHINE, a Hollywood-based production, management and advertising firm founded by Kevin Herrera and Rawn Erickson II, has signed a management ...
- Will Packer is taking on Hollywood in his own way Metro US
Will Packer talks us through his career as a producer, and taking on Hollywood in his own unique way.
- Ex-Will Packer TV Execs Korin Huggins & Monique Nash Launch Prod. Company Aimed At Diverse Content About Women Deadline
Korin Huggins, former head of TV at Will Packer Productions, has teamed with fellow Will Packer alum Monique Nash to launch Kronicle Media.
- What’s happening with 'Girls Trip 2'? Producers Will Packer and James Lopez are in no rush Metro US
Producers James Lopez and Will Packer provide an update on Girls Trip 2, insisting they're in no rush to make the follow-up perfect.
- James Packer quits all his Australian company directorships ABC News
Billionaire James Packer quits all of his Australian board directorships as he withdraws from corporate life to focus on his mental health.
- James Packer, billionaire in retreat after series of crises Financial Times
When James Packer was photographed in St Tropez last month he looked like he was enjoying a short holiday. But the billionaire's resignation from all 24 of his ...
- African-American Hollywood stars raise $300K for Stacey Abrams Atlanta Journal Constitution
Originally posted Tuesday, October 23, 2018 by RODNEY HO/rho@ajc.
- #NineFairfax deal end of an era for Australia's media titans The Conversation AU
Competition and co-operation. The former may seem an obvious aspect of the Australian media landscape, but it has always gone hand-in-hand with pragmatic ...
- Roma Downey’s LightWorkers Teams With Will Packer On ‘The Baxters’ Digital Series Deadline
LightWorkers Media is partnering with producer Will Packer (Girls Trip) to executive produce The Baxters, a 12-episode digital series that will air on the newly ...
- THE REAL Kicks Off Chicago Week With a Visit from Producer Will Packer – WATCH Eurweb.com
*On Monday, October 29, The Real kicks off Chicago Week, and co-host Loni Love shocks a Dolla Holla Back winner with a special bonus! Loni also welcomes ...
- Bananas Marketing business updates The Packer
Fort Lauderdale, Fla.-based Chiquita has numerous marketing programs planned for the remainder of the year. The company recently marked World Education ...
- ‘Almost Christmas’ Producer Will Packer Keeps Packing Them In Deadline
Statistically speaking, financiers often say that it's the tentpoles that profit the most in the long run, however, producer Will Packer has a knack for yielding big ...
- Will Packer Moves Production Company to CAA Hollywood Reporter
The producer, whose string of recent hits include 'Ride Along 2,' 'Straight Outta Compton' and 'The Wedding Ringer,' was previously at UTA.
- Packers' Obit Can Be Written After Loss To Arizona Forbes
The 2018 Green Bay Packers were laid to rest Sunday afternoon. Oh, there might still be four games remaining on the schedule. But when the Packers fell to ...
- 'Ready to Love' reality star says working with Will Packer is 'amazing' Rolling Out
Name: Ashlee Akins. Industry: TV. City: Atlanta. Profession: Entrepreneur and reality star (“Ready to Love”). Life Motto: “Live lit or die boring.” As an actress ...
- Twitter Keeps It 'Live' At Newfront 05/01/2018 MediaPost Communications
Twitter, seeking to differentiate itself from other technology platforms, emphasized the live nature of its *content* at the company's newfront presentation in New ...
- 'Boomerang' Reboot Among 3 Series Orders as BET Doubles Down on Scripted (Exclusive) Hollywood Reporter
New president Scott Mills talks with THR about his vision for the Viacom network, which also has picked up a Will Packer comedy and a drama inspired by the ...
- EXCLUSIVE: Kevin Hart Roasts Producer Will Packer Promoting ‘Adult School’ [WATCH] Eurweb.com
*Kevin Hart and “Girls Trip” co-producer Will Packer chop it up with the “Rickey Smiley Morning Show” on an episode set to air on TV One Tuesday, November ...
- Playoffs?! Yes, Packers still can reach postseason, but here's what needs to happen Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
The Packers playoff hopes took a major hit Sunday -- but they're not dead yet. Here's what needs to happen to get Green Bay in.
- NBCU to Launch ‘Judge Jerry’ Starring Jerry Springer This Fall Broadcasting & Cable
NBCUniversal Television Distribution will launch first-run half-hour court show Judge Jerry, starring Jerry Springer, in fall 2019, said Tracie Wilson, executive ...
- Southern Sweet Potatoes 2018 business updates | Packer The Packer
Garber Farms, Iota, La., plans to introduce a tri-color overwrapped tray of sweet potatoes in early 2019, said partner Matt Garber. The specialty pack will contain ...
- Disney to create live sports, entertainment shows for Twitter Reuters
(Reuters) - Walt Disney Co will create live sports, news and entertainment programming specifically for Twitter Inc's social network, a move to attract online ...
- Crawford Packaging open for business in Mexico The Packer
Crawford Packaging, London, Ontario, is expanding produce operations in Mexico to expand services to the entire North American supply chain.
- Kronicle Media Inks Unscripted Development Deal With Authentic Entertainment Deadline
Korin Huggins and Monique Nash's Kronicle Media has signed a development deal with Authentic Entertainment to develop and produce character-driven ...
- Limoneira Company gives 2019 outlook | Packer The Packer
Santa Paula, Calif.-based Limoneira Company has raised its stock dividend payout and said fiscal year 2019 should be another year of growth for the company.
- Will James Packer take Crown private? Don't bet on it The Sydney Morning Herald
When James Packer first quit the board of Crown Resorts in 2015, the casino business he built from his late father's media empire, he did it three days after ...
- Aaron Jones Could Spark Packers' Offense, But Will Mike McCarthy Let Him? Forbes
Aaron Jones is the Packers' most explosive running back, but received just six carries last week.
- Kevin Hart Talks Diversity in Hollywood at 'Night School' Premiere Black Enterprise
Comedian Kevin Hart and producer Will Packer talk about diversity in Hollywood during the premiere of their new film "Night School" at the Urbanworld Film ...
- Learn a lesson (or two) from Aldi The Packer
Aldi is a company that I have always been fascinated by; with over 1800 locations in 35 states, it has a revenue projection by retail analysts just north of $11 ...
- TV Facts on Pacts: Who’s Scored Overall Deals Variety
Overall and first-look deals still drive the television business. Although some mega-producers have moved to the streaming world, including Ryan Murphy and ...
- Will Packer's Ready To Love Dating Series Coming Soon To OWN And The Focus Is On Men This Time MadameNoire
The man behind "Girls Trip" is hoping to bring his magic touch over to the Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN) with "Ready to Love."
- Dave Haun retiring, closing family potato business The Packer
Stepping into retirement, Dave Haun, owner of Haun Potato Co., Lenexa, Kan., is winding down operations of Haun Potato. In an e-mail to customers and friends ...
- Twitter Boasts 30 New or Renewed Video Pacts, Details ESPN, NBCUniversal Live Programming Variety
Twitter is ready to pump even more premium video into your tweet-stream from a range of new and existing partners -- with an emphasis on live-streamed ...
- Medical Marijuana Heist Spec ‘Green Rush’ Lands At New Republic In Brian Oliver & Will Packer Team-Up Deadline
Brian Oliver and Will Packer are teaming on Green Rush, a medical marijuana heist movie based on a spec screenplay by Matt Tente.
- The Hollywood Reporter 100: The Most Powerful People in Entertainment 2018 Hollywood Reporter
The annual pecking order of the most powerful people in Hollywood is revealed as Disney's Bob Iger leads the list, the Murdochs tumble from the Top 10 and ...
- Gabrielle Union on ‘Breaking In’ and the Fears of Speaking Out Against Sexual Harassment Variety
At the premiere for her new thriller “Breaking In” Gabrielle Union discussed mentally preparing for the role and Time's Up WOC.
- Tour of New York Apple Companies | Packer The Packer
Visitors in a private tour of Pomona Packing in Wolcott, N.Y., saw how the apple-sorting lines worked using new technology to streamline the sorting and packing ...
- 7 secrets to selling your TV show and movie ideas to Hollywood, according to a successful producer Business Insider
Jamie Primak Sullivan – who has sold ideas for television shows, books, and movies – told Business Insider the methods that worked for her.
- Nine's Fairfax takeover: what is the deal and what will it mean? The Guardian
The takeover is expected to be complete before the end of the year, pending approval from Fairfax's shareholders and from the Australian Competition and ...