SoLo Funds Inc.
SoLo Funds is a mobile peer-to-peer lending exchange for the underbanked population that provides affordable access to low-value funds under $1,000.
Sign up for the Moguldom newsletter — business news you need to know about economic empowerment for the digital age, delivered to your inbox.
- Travis Holoway came to KC to crush payday lenders — with just an app The Kansas City Star
Travis Holoway heads a startup called SoLo Funds, an app that links borrowers and lenders as an alternative to high-cost payday loans. SoLo is getting a crash ...
- SoLo Funds Allows You to Seamlessly Borrow From Your Peers Black Enterprise
It is not uncommon to seek a small loan from friends and family, but the founders were not seeing a quick and easy lending solution to help facilitate the process.
- Shocking payday loan schemes motivated this KC startup, which just won $1 million The Kansas City Star
Onward Financial has won a $1 million grant to expand its personal finance app, launched in Kansas City partly due to the city's sordid history of predatory ...
- SoLo Funds gets $1.2M to expand its affordable loaning platform KnowTechie
Anyone that has already applied for loaning knows it is a really hard endeavor, and is also hard to get loans in small amounts. SoLo Funds is a company trying ...
- SoLo Funds Launches Mobile Peer-to-Peer Micro-Lending App The Scope Weekly
SoLo Funds launched its mobile peer-to-peer micro-lending app, allowing people to borrow small amounts of money up to $1,000 without using payday lenders.
- Ben Franklin invests $486K in innovation projects for northeastern Pennsylvania Allentown Morning Call
Thanksgiving came early for some area businesses, as Ben Franklin Partners of Northeastern Pennsylvania said Tuesday its board of directors has approved ...
- Cincinnati-based financial tech startup raises $1.2 million Cincinnati Business Courier
A Cincinnati-based financial tech startup that aims to help users secure low-dollar loans without having to resort to a payday lender raised $1.2 million in venture ...
- SpaceX: 25 Things Everyone Needs To Know ASAP TheTravel
Many companies are working towards achieving the feat of sending humans to Mars, but so far, nobody has been successful. SpaceX might be the answer!
- BWW Interview: Actress Anthoula Katsimatides Discusses Her Solo Show and How Being Greek Has Influenced Her Perseverance in a Tough Industry Broadway World
Actress Anthoula Katsimatides discusses her solo show, Warrior Without a Cause, her Greek heritage, and how she went from a business degree to a career in ...
- Fidelity promotes more women as money managers The Boston Globe
Boston fund giant's stock-picking unit was hit last year with sexual harassment allegations.
- SXSW Sets Jessica Brillhart As Film Keynote; Adds Elisabeth Moss, Trevor Noah, And More As Featured Speakers Deadline
South by Southwest has added Jessica Brillhart, Elisabeth Moss, Trevor Noah and more to their 2019 conference lineup.
- 'Solo: A Star Wars Story' Box Office: Why $200M Worldwide In A Week Isn't Enough Forbes Now
Solo: A Star Wars earned around $4.8 million on its sixth day of release, bringing its six-day total to around $115m in North America. With around $6m-7m on ...
- Innovate Biopharmaceuticals Strengthens Clinical Development with the Addition of Patrick H. Griffin, MD, FACP Associated Press
RALEIGH, N.C., Nov. 26, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Innovate Biopharmaceuticals, Inc . (Nasdaq: INNT), a clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on ...
- SEC Filing Shows Cloud Platform Solo.io Raised $11.35 Million Crunchbase News
An SEC filing indicates that Solo.io has closed a $11.35 million funding round. The new capital comes after the Boston-area company raised $2.5 million in ...
- Why 'Solo' Box Office Failure May Have Saved 'Star Wars' Forbes
Lucasfilm is reportedly putting the brakes on future 'Star Wars Story' spin-offs, and that's very good news.
- Jamarlin Martin Launches New Podcast For Multicultural Millennials At SXSW Moguldom
Digital media pioneer Jamarlin Martin launched the GHOGH Podcast Franchise — Go Hard Or Go Home — at SXSW 2018, aimed at multicultural millennials.
- Introducing Cincy Inno's Inaugural 50 on Fire American Inno
In the 11 month since Cincy Inno's official debut, we've published more than 175 original stories to showcase the people, companies and trends that are helping ...
- Box Office: 'Solo' Is A 'Star Wars' Disaster From Every Point Of View Forbes Now
'Solo: A Star Wars Story' will earn less in North America than 'Empire Strikes Back' and less worldwide than 'Return of the Jedi'.
- Who Are Electrameccanica Vehicles Corp’s (NASDAQ:SOLO) Major Shareholders? Simply Wall St
Today, I will be analyzing Electrameccanica Vehicles Corp's (NASDAQ:SOLO) recent ownership structure, an important but not-so-popular subject among ...
- Here are Ohio's 50 most-promising startups, according to VentureOhio Columbus Business First
The organization dedicated to growing Ohio's entrepreneurial ecosystem has released a new list identifying the state's most-promising startup companies.
- Electrameccanica: Time To Transform Those $2 Billion Worth Of Electric Vehicle Pre-Orders Into Sales Seeking Alpha
SOLO has over $2.4 billion CAD in pre-orders, substantially higher than the market cap of around $100 million USD. A pre-order reservation is completely ...
- Battle for Essar Steel: Russias VTB moves Supreme Court for solo bid Business Standard
Russia's VTB, the majority partner in the Numetal consortium, has moved an application in the Supreme Court seeking permission to bid solo for Essar Steel.
- With $76M Second Fund, Root Ventures Investing in Hardware, Automation Xconomy
Startups often struggle to attract their first funding from venture capital firms. But some of those VC firms are startups themselves, hoping to draw.
- Box Office: 'Solo' Opens So Low, 'Deadpool 2' Tops $500M Global Forbes Now
'Book Club' seems to be Paramount's second hit in a row, while 'Overboard' and 'I Feel Pretty' confirm that the romantic comedy is alive and well.
- Electrameccanica: Buy The EV IPO And Potential Tesla Challenger Seeking Alpha
While Tesla (TSLA) has dominated the headlines this week as CEO Elon Musk looks to potentially take the company private, another electric vehicle name is in ...
- Aldershot Resources Ltd. Announces Details of Rights Offering, Conditional Approval of Change of Business and Sedar Filing of Filing Statement GlobeNewswire
CALGARY, Alberta, Oct. 23, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Aldershot Resources Ltd. d.b.a. Solo Growth Corp.™ (the “Company” or “Solo Growth”) (TSXV: ALZ) is ...
- Don't Blame Marketing For 'Solo: A Star Wars Story' Box Office Failure Forbes Now
Solo: A Star Wars Story will end its second week in North American theaters today with around $159 million. It has earned around $275m worldwide and should ...
- Elon Musk insists he has funding to take Tesla private, but won't because investors pleaded with him not to Business Insider
In a blog post on Tesla's website, Musk explained his reasons for keeping Tesla public, and said money wasn't one of them. He added that the process of ...
- Box Office: 'Solo: A Star Wars Story' Tops 'John Carter' And 'Lone Ranger' Forbes Now
In holdover news that isn't Avengers, Solo: A Star Wars Story earned $15.1 million (-48%) on its third weekend to bring its 17-day cume to $176.1m. It took the ...
- Electric-Vehicle IPO Electra Meccanica Doubles On Single-Seater EV Orders Investor's Business Daily
Electric-vehicle IPO Electra Meccanica doubled Monday after the company announced more than 64000 preorders for its single-seat electric vehicles.
- 'Solo' Failure Could Be The End Of 'Batman Begins' Wannabes Like 'Robin Hood' Forbes Now
Taking your well-known IP and tossing them into the 'Batman Begins' blender is a recipe for likely failure.
- A Growing Number of People Are Navigating Retirement Alone. This Woman Is Spearheading a Movement to Change That Money Magazine
Carol Marak helped her aging parents for a total of six years, frequently driving the 125 miles between her home in Dallas and theirs in West, Texas, to shop, ...
- ‘Solo’ Hits Asteroid With $29M+; ‘Action Point’ Condemned To $2M+: Post-Memorial Day Blues At The B.O. Deadline
5th Update Sunday 7AM: With updated chart as of 9AM A dull weekend at the box office, and Saturday night really didn't move the needle that much. Disney is ...
- Ask for More Money, Women Urged When It Comes to Tech Funding Bloomberg
Michelle Scarborough, who runs one of the world's largest venture capital funds dedicated to female-led startups, sees one big difference between men and ...
- Box Office: Disney's 'Solo' Bombed So Disney's 'Mary Poppins Returns' Could Soar Forbes Now
Why the Emily Blunt/Lin-Manuel Miranda musical is more important to Disney than the Han Solo 'Star Wars' story.
- Han Solo Cups Are Here Just In Time for 'Solo: A Star Wars Story' Fortune
You can now buy a Han Solo Cup cup in prelude to the premiere of 'Solo: A Star Wars Story' on May 25.
- Box Office: How 'Solo' Became This Year's 'Batman V Superman' Forbes Now
Enough time has now passed that Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice has already begun airing on basic cable. I caught a few minutes on TNT yesterday ...
- Inside National Geographic's "Free Solo," the El Capitan doc Fast Company
Jimmy Chin and Elizabeth Chai Vasarhelyi's amazing, new feature documentary chronicles Alex Honnold's legendary–and ropeless–climb of Yosemite's El ...
- Hasbro, Inc. (HAS) Stock Has Too Many Problems | Stock Market News | US News U.S. News & World Report
Slumping sales and the loss of a major customer has sent Hasbro, Inc. (Nasdaq: HAS) stock tumbling 16.7 percent in the past year. Unfortunately for Hasbro ...
- Box Office: 'Solo' Gets A Boost In Japan, 'Incredibles 2' Nears $650M, 'Ocean's 8' Tops $200M Forbes Now
'Incredibles 2' has now earned $647 million worldwide thus far.
- Pankaj Murarka on the sectors he is betting on Morningstar India
After quitting Axis Mutual Fund, Pankaj Murarka set up Renaissance which runs portfolio management services. Pankaj joined Axis Mutual Fund as senior fund ...
- Box Office: 'Solo: A Star Wars Story' Plunges 77% For $8M Friday Forbes Now
We box office pundits get some understandable grief from readers and commentators when we proclaim a new movie after the first three days (or even the first ...
- This Is the Best Robo-Advisor for Every Investor, From Beginner to Advanced Money Magazine
Robo-advisors are going mainstream. Once the domain of Silicon Valley startups, these automated investment services — which rely on computer algorithms to ...
- Why do women travel solo more than men? The Globe and Mail
Janice Waugh, a Toronto woman who runs a travel website and is launching a guide to encourage other women to travel solo, takes a photo at the Great Wall of ...
- Aldershot Resources Ltd. Announces Recapitalization Financing, New Management Team and Board of Directors and Pursuit of Retail Opportunities in the Cannabis Industry as Solo Growth Corp. GlobeNewswire
NOT FOR DISTRIBUTION TO U.S. NEWSWIRE SERVICES OR FOR DISSEMINATION IN THE UNITED STATES. ANY FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THIS ...
- Box Office: As 'Incredibles 2' Passes 'Solo,' Only 'Jurassic World' Can Prevent Superhero Domination Forbes Now
Yes, Walt Disney's Incredibles 2 has passed the lifetime domestic gross of Walt Disney's Solo: A Star Wars Story in just four days of domestic release. Not only ...
- What Is a Solo 401(k)? NerdWallet
A solo 401(k) allows self-employed people to save more for retirement. Find out if this tax-advantaged retirement account is right for you.
- Friday Box Office: 'Ocean's 8' Drops 62%, 'Hereditary' And 'Solo' Hold Forbes Now
Warner Bros./Time Warner Inc.'s Ocean's 8 earned $5.9 million (-62%) on its eighth day of domestic release, giving the $70m all-female heist sequel/spin-off a ...
- Box Office: 'Ocean's 8' Earns $19M, 'Solo' Tops 'Twilight,' 'Hereditary' Hangs Tough Forbes Now
Huh... 'A Wrinkle In Time' has crossed the $100 million mark at the domestic box office.
- Electra Meccanica Confirms Plans to Open Its First US SOLO Dealership This Month in Los Angeles, California Nasdaq
VANCOUVER, British Columbia, Oct. 03, 2018-- Electra Meccanica Vehicles Corp., a designer and manufacturer of electric vehicles, today announced.
- Elon Musk Is Sued by SEC Over 'Funding Secured' Tweet Bloomberg
Tesla Inc.'s board backed embattled Chief Executive Officer Elon Musk after the Securities and Exchange Commission sued the billionaire for his explosive ...
- Caffeinated Capital Files To Raise $225 Million Across Two New Funds Crunchbase News
If you're like many folks, you start the day with a hot cup of coffee, tea, or another stimulating beverage to get things going on the right foot. After a lovely long ...
- External managers pushed out as a $113 billion PFA Pension goes solo Pensions & Investments
PFA Pension in Denmark has had enough of external funds and is instead using its own people to chase higher returns in alternatives.
- Aldershot Resources Ltd. Announces Second Quarter 2018 Results and Provides Operational Update GlobeNewswire
CALGARY, Alberta, Sept. 25, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Aldershot Resources Ltd. d.b.a. Solo Growth Corp.™ (the “Company” or “Solo Growth”) (TSX-V: ALZ) ...
- 'Star Wars 9's Big Problem Won't Be 'Last Jedi' Backlash Or 'Solo' Failure Forbes
'The Last Jedi,' the best 'Star Wars' movie since 'The Empire Strikes Back,' is now available on Netflix.
- ‘Free Solo’ Review: Gripping Drama, Surpassing Spectacle The Wall Street Journal
This documentary follows Alex Honnold's pioneering ascent of the 3200-foot El Capitan, which he scaled without any safety gear.
- Box Office: 'Avengers: Infinity War' And 'Deadpool 2' Thrive As 'Solo' Dives Forbes Now
In holdover news for Friday that isn't Solo: A Star Wars Story ($8.1 million Friday, -77% drop, likely $28m weekend for a $148m ten-day total), Fox's Deadpool 2 ...
- Sears chairman Eddie Lampert is seeking a partner for a $300 million bankruptcy loan for the bankrupt retailer Business Insider
Sears chairman Eddie Lampert is in talks with at least one potential partner about sharing the burden of a $300 million bankruptcy loan for the retailer.
- Solo: A Star Wars Story Bomb Highlights Risks to Walt Disney Co Stock Investorplace.com
Solo: A Star Wars Story badly missed estimates in its opening weekend. And that raises a significant risk to already-struggling DIS stock.
- Richard Branson and Virgin Group are cutting ties with the Saudi Government after the disappearance of Jamal Khashoggi Business Insider
Sir Richard Branson and Virgin Group are severing their business relationships with the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Branson announced that Virgin Galatic and ...
- Electra Meccanica Announces Nasdaq Listing and Pricing of $10 Million Public Offering PR Newswire
Company Uplisting to NASDAQ Capital Market Under New Ticker "SOLO" Effective August 9, 2018 VANCOUVER, Aug. 8, 2018 /PRNewswire/ ...
- Electra Meccanica Reports Second Quarter 2018 Results PR Newswire
VANCOUVER, Aug. 16, 2018 /PRNewswire/ - ElectraMeccanica Vehicles Corp. (NASDAQ: SOLO; SOLOW) ("Electra Meccanica" or the "Company"), a designer ...
- Solo retirement is on the rise — here's how you can mitigate the risks Financial Post
A survey released earlier this year from TD Wealth entitled “Retiring Solo” found that 47 per cent of single Canadians over the age of 40 are concerned about ...
- Going Solo: Six Financial Tips for Setting Up Your Own Law Firm | Daily Business Review Law.com
Many associates in large law firms dream of the day when they can go out on their own. However without a clear understanding of the financial and operational ...
- $300K in Funding for 6 Allentown Business Facade Improvements Buffalo Rising
When it comes to commercial districts – the way that they look and feel – all of the businesses must work together to ensure that their blocks are as best as they ...
- ‘Solo: A Star Wars Story’ Review: The Force Is Half-Awake The Wall Street Journal
The welcome news in the matter of “Solo: A Star Wars Story” is that they found a good kid to grow into Harrison Ford's boots. That term isn't meant to diminish the ...
- Private Equity And Tech Forbes
Private equity funds have become an increasingly important part of the tech ecosystem.
- Dropbox just went public and is now worth $12 billion — now read the CEO's application for its first round of funding Business Insider
Drew Houston once he would have bailed on Dropbox for $1 million. Now, he's a billionaire.
- Electra Meccanica Vehicles (SOLO) Prices 4.25M Share Common Stock Offering at $2/Sh StreetInsider.com
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here. Electra Meccanica Vehicles Corp. (NASDAQ: ...
- 'The Meg' Is A Genuine Surprise In An Era Of Oppressively Accurate Box Office Projections Forbes Now
The Meg ended its second week of domestic release with $92.3 million. At this juncture, it should cross the $100m mark tomorrow, thus becoming Jason ...
- Marijuana Stocks: Tilray Stock Soars, Erases Nearly All Its Gain In Wild Trade Investor's Business Daily
Marijuana stocks continued their wild ride. Tilray stock rose as much as 94% to 300, gave up nearly all the gain before closing sharply higher. But shares fell ...
- Don’t Steal the Bribe Money Bloomberg
Yesterday U.S. federal prosecutors brought charges of bribery and money laundering in connection with 1Malaysia Development Berhad, an investment ...
- 'Avengers,' Deadpool' And 'Solo' Top Fandango's Summer Movie Survey Forbes Now
I'm only about six hours late on this, but Fandango released another one of their periodic surveys for our perusal. This time, it's the summer movie season.
- IndiGo eligible to go solo in Air India bid, may meet net worth condition Business Standard
Budget carrier IndiGo will be able to bid solo for Air India's 76% stake, while other domestic airlines will have to form a consortium to meet the net worth criteria ...
- This Marijuana Investment Firm's 11 Top Cannabis Picks for Explosive Growth Motley Fool
The marijuana industry has become a hotbed of investment activity, and players of all sizes are looking to get into the action. On top of all the interest from ...
- Female Founders Got 2% of Venture Capital Dollars in 2017 Fortune
Things are changing for women in the startup and venture capital world. Last year, a handful of them came forward to share their stories of facing sexual ...
- Fed leaves rates unchanged, expects to keep hiking them gradually Business Insider
Traders are certain that the Federal Reserve will raise interest rates in December — a decision that would quickly lift borrowing costs for Americans.
- Rise in Household Borrowing Triggering Strong Demand for Solo 401(k) Loan Feature, According to IRA Financial Group Report PR Web
New York, NY (PRWEB) August 15, 2018 -- IRA Financial Group, the leading financial technology provider of self-directed solo 401(k) plans for self-employed.
- Finally Starting Your Business This Year? Here's Your Ultimate 12-Point Checklist Inc.
You've had the idea for a while. Now is the time to act. This startup guide will get you up and running fast.
- Here Are The Summer's Best And Worst Box Office Surprises Forbes
Like the headline says, here are the five biggest surprises at the summer movie box office.
- Aldershot Resources Ltd. Announces Completion Of Recapitalization, Strategic Investments From Canopy Rivers and Green Acre Capital and Formation of Advisory Committee Canada NewsWire
CALGARY, June 28, 2018 /CNW/ - Aldershot Resources Ltd. (the "Company") (TSX VENTURE: ALZ) is pleased to announce: (i) the completion of the previously ...
- 5 Support Organizations Every Entrepreneur Should Consider Joining Inc.
Joining a peer group can help you with your business and your personal life.
- 13 Tips For Combating The Challenges Of Solopreneur Life Forbes Now
Members of Forbes Coaches Council discuss how they deal with the inherent challenges of being a solo business owner.
- Aldershot Resources Ltd. Announces Appointment of Vice President, Corporate Development, Board Chair and Committee Members, Governance Enhancements, Update on Change of Business and Annual Shareholder Meeting GlobeNewswire
CALGARY, Alberta, Aug. 09, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Aldershot Resources Ltd. d.b.a. Solo Growth Corp.™ (the “Company” or “Solo Growth”) (TSXV: ALZ) ...
- 13 Changes Business Owners Can Make To Drive Profits Higher Forbes Now
13 Members of Forbes Finance Council discuss their top tips for increasing profits.
- Electra Meccanica to Debut the SOLO, its Single-Passenger EV at the Alt-Car Expo in Santa Monica, CA on October 12 Nasdaq
First U.S. dealership anticipated to open this fall in Los Angeles offering the $15,888 single-passenger all electric car to help ease commuter traffic.
- Putting This 1 Thing in Place Can Make Breaking Up With Your Co-Founder Easier Inc.
Few of us go into business with someone else and expect the relationship to end. But many founder breakups are inevitable. Partners can disagree over strategy ...
- 4 Startup Mantras You Need To Stop Repeating Forbes
Before starting a business, you should always do two things. First, read everything you can get your hands on. Check out the latest business books, re-read ...
- Affirm’s new mobile app lets you borrow money for almost any online purchase The Verge
Lending startup Affirm, founded by PayPal and Yelp co-founder Max Levchin, is out to destroy the credit card, or at the very least make a noticeable dent in its ...
- Why Dimension Data and NTT are merging ARNnet
News that Dimension Data, NTT Communications, NTT Data, NTT Security and NTTi3 will merge to create a heavyweight technology provider has sent ...
- Engineer.ai Raises $29.5M From Global VCs To Help Companies Build Their Own Software Crunchbase News
Engineer.ai, which has developed a human-assisted AI that aims to empower everyone to build and operate bespoke software, has raised $29.5 million in a ...
- Box Office: From 'Avengers' To 'The Meg,' Inside Hollywood's Crazy Rich Summer Movie Season Forbes Now
From superheroes to Spike Lee, audiences showed up for a wide variety of major studio summer movie fare.
- If your Business Isn't Doing These 5 Things, Then Your Leadership Training is a Waste of Money Inc.
Throughout my career, I must have attended at least a dozen leadership programs whose goal was to help foster leadership skills growth within the organization.
- ‘Ocean’s 8’ Bumps ‘Solo’ From No. 1 Spot at Box Office The Wall Street Journal
Ocean's 8,” the female-fronted overhaul of the “Ocean's” heist franchise, opened with an estimated $41.5 million at the box office, taking the weekend's top spot ...
- Intrigue and Drama on the Han Solo Set The Wall Street Journal
The original directors of “Solo: A Star Wars Story” were fired during shooting, one of several signs of tumult behind the scenes of Disney's blockbuster sci-fi saga.
- Behind The Crash Of 3D Robotics, North America's Most Promising Drone Company Forbes Now
By Ryan Mac and Aaron Tilley. On a clear March day last year, Chris Anderson led FORBES onto the outdoor deck at 3D Robotics' Berkeley, Calif. headquarters ...
- Cover Story: Emilia Clarke’s Solo Flight Vanity Fair
For nearly a decade, Emilia Clarke has ruled the ratings as Daenerys Targaryen on HBO's Game of Thrones. With the series slated to end next year, the ...
- How Building Your Team Is Like Packing for a Business Trip Inc.
I always like packing for a business trip. It's the only part of the journey you absolutely control, and it informs almost everything about what you're going to do ...
- Why 'Solo' Is The First 'Star Wars' Sequel To Be A Box Office Longshot Forbes Now
For the first time since 'A New Hope,' the new 'Star Wars' movie isn't expected to top the annual box office derby.
- 'Solo: A Star Wars Story' Could Set Box Office Records in Opening Weekend Fortune
The upcoming entry in the Star Wars franchise could set new box office records as it prepares for its debut over Memorial Day Weekend.