Reach Robotics is developing gaming monster robots that are controlled by a smartphone or tablets. The startup’s Mecha Monsters bridge the physical and digital components of the gaming world and come with accessories that provide special abilities.
Sign up for the Moguldom newsletter — business news you need to know about economic empowerment for the digital age, delivered to your inbox.
- This 27-year-old developed the world's first gaming robot and scored distribution deals with Apple and Amazon CNBC
Silas Adekunle, co-founder and CEO of Reach Robotics wants to get the "MekaMon" into every home.
- Mobile Cobots Reach for the Stars in Japan Robotics Business Review
Mobile cobots from several major robotics vendors were demonstrated in Tokyo, but most are still at the proof-of-concept phase.
- 'Hi-tech robot' at Russia forum turns out to be man in suit The Guardian
State television praised the 'modern' tech despite photos revealing actor in costume.
- European Swarm Robotics Develops Continent's Competitiveness, Awareness Robotics Business Review
Multiple institutions are working on European swarm research, as the EU identifies coordination of robotics underwater, in the air, and on land as a goal.
- Global Industrial Robotics Market Outlook (2017-2026): Expected to Reach $97.41 Billion - ResearchAndMarkets.com Business Wire
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Industrial Robotics - Global Market Outlook (2017-2026)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
- Global Spending on Robots, Drones to Top $115B in 2019, Says IDC Robotics Business Review
Global spending on robotics systems and drones will surpass $115 billion in 2019, a new update from analyst firm IDC states.
- OB7 Arm Offers Security, Seven Degrees of Cobot Freedom Robotics Business Review
Unlike other collaborative robots, Productive Robotics' OB7 has seven degrees of freedom and proprietary protocols for security.
- 6 Trends and Takeaway Messages from the 2018 AI World Conference Robotics Business Review
At the AI World conference in Boston, speakers tackled issues of ethics, humanity, and how to manage more data for machine learning models.
- Hitachi nears deal worth up to $7bn for ABB's power grid business Nikkei Asian Review
TOKYO -- Hitachi is in the final stages of talks to acquire the power grid business of Switzerland's ABB for up to an estimated 800 billion yen (
- Smart farming: How IoT, robotics, and AI are tackling one of the biggest problems of the century TechRepublic
It's still early days for precision agriculture, but two UK-based projects are proving the feasibility and value of the concept.
- Industrial robotics market showdown banks on sophistication TechTarget
The industrial robotics market is booming, largely in Asia. But with similar annual manufacturing outputs, both the U.S. and China are using automation and ...
- The next great leap forward? Combining robots with the Internet of Things The Conversation - UK
From offshore oil and gas to the homes of people with disabilities, this is emerging as one of the most exciting areas of tech.
- Elves of the shelves: Mass.-made robots drive holiday commerce Boston Business Journal
This holiday season, Massachusetts robotics startups proved they've quickly become a crucial cog in the e-commerce machine. Is that enough for a sustainable ...
- Facebook hires PhD students for 'soft robotics' research Business Insider
"Soft robotics" is inspired by everything from lizard tongues to octopuses.
- Collaborative Robots Market Is Expected to Reach US$ 10580.94 Million at a CAGR of 57.02 % by 2025 Journal of Industry
The Global Collaborative Robots Market Research Report Forecast 2018-2025: Is a valuable source of insightful data for business strategists. It provides the ...
- Worldwide Market Outlook for Surgical Robots to 2023 - ResearchAndMarkets.com Business Wire
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Surgical Robots Market by Component (Surgical Robotic Systems, Accessories), Application (Gynecological Surgery, ...
- 2018 Holiday Gift Guide for the Robotics Fan on Your List Robotics Business Review
Welcome to the Robotics Business Review 2018 Holiday Gift Guide! If you're a fan of robotics, there's certainly a wide variety of gift options for the holiday ...
- These could be the 3D-camera eyes for your next home robot Business Insider
Occipital, a 3D-sensing startup, released a new camera that costs a few hundred dollars called Structure Core, which other companies can use to build ...
- Social robot maker Jibo sells off assets Robot Report
Social robot maker Jibo has sold its IP assets. According to a former Jibo executive, New York-based investment firm SQN Venture Partners is the new owner.
- UK To Help India In Using AI, Big Data, Robotics In Healthcare Industry Analytics India Magazine
The UK is the fourth largest investor in India and remains the largest investor into India outside of South East Asia and Africa.
- Yamaha Motor Invests Additional $8M into New Zealand's Robotics Plus Robotics Business Review
Robotics Plus, a New Zealand agricultural robotics and automation company, today announced an $8 million investment from Japan's Yamaha Motor.
- Universal Robots Celebrates 10 Year Anniversary of Selling the World's First Commercially Viable Collaborative Robot Associated Press
ODENSE, Denmark--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dec 5, 2018--When Linatex, a Danish supplier of technical plastics and rubber for industrial applications, bought a ...
- People More Comfortable with Public Safety Drone Use, Study Says Robotics Business Review
As more aerial drones are used for public safety and emergency applications, the key for public support will be education and transparency, a survey says.
- Brain Corp, SoftBank Launch Commercial Robot Vacuum for Japanese Market Robotics Business Review
Brain Corp and SoftBank Robotics today announced a new autonomous vacuum cleaner designed for use in retail and office environments in the Japanese ...
- Global Biomimetic Technology Market is Anticipated to Reach $18.50 Billion by 2028 PRNewswire
FREMONT, California, December 12, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- According to a new market intelligence report by BIS Research, titled 'Global Biomimetic ...
- Warehouse Robots That Will Fulfill Your Holiday Shopping Orders Robotics Business Review
These four warehouse robots are examples of the latest technology designed to assist humans and relieve worker shortages in order fulfillment.
- IDS Provides 'Robot Eyes' for Potentially Explosive Environments Robotics Business Review
IDS makes cameras for extreme environments where reliability and performance are key, such as in ExRobotics systems for the oil and gas industry.
- 120 AI Predictions For 2019 Forbes
2019 predictions for Artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML), and deep learning see a greater focus on specific domains and industries, more efficient ...
- These Robots Help Amazon's Competitors Narrow the Delivery Gap Bloomberg
In an enormous space at an undisclosed U.S. location, a four-wheeled autonomous vehicle the size of a microwave oven rolls up to a robotic arm and stops ...
- RPA predictions for 2019 from UiPath Information Age
Robotic process automation is growing fast, indeed Gartner has forecast that the RPA business will grow 57% over the next year. Here are six RPA predictions.
- Global Human Microbiome Modulators Market to Reach $2.79 Billion by 2023 PRNewswire
FREMONT, California, December 12, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- According to a new market intelligence report by BIS Research, titled 'Global Human Microbiome...
- Third-Party Logistics (3PL) Provider Plays the Role of Santa this Holiday Season by Shipping 23 Million Units throughout the US PRNewswire
NASHVILLE, Tenn., Dec. 12, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- The city of Nashville, known for country music and hot chicken, has been a thriving logistics hub for over 60 ...
- A trio of packaging production tales that end happily in 2018 Packaging Digest
Once upon a time in 2018, a cobot manufacturer, a contract packager and Conagra all had compelling stories to tell of packaging production flexibility, ...
- Global Biomimetic Technology Market: Focus on Medical & Robotics (End-User and Application) - Analysis and Forecast, 2018-2028 - ResearchAndMarkets.com Business Wire
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Global Biomimetic Technology Market: Focus on Medical & Robotics: (End-User and Application) - Analysis and Forecast, ...
- A NASA robot is about to land on Mars — here's how to watch the InSight landing live Business Insider
NASA's InSight lander is scheduled to reach Mars on Monday, concluding its six-month journey to the red planet. Here's how to watch the landing live.
- Yamaha puts $12m into Tauranga company Robotics Plus NZME
Tauranga ag-tech startup Robotics Plus - a maker of automation systems for horticulture and forestry - has revealed a US$8m ($12m) investment from Yamaha.
- Volvo Trucks Teams With Norway Mining Operation on Self-Driving Haulers Robotics Business Review
Volvo Trucks and Norway's Bronnoy Kalk AS using self-driving haulers to transport limestone from open pit to a nearby port.
- NASA will reach an asteroid today that may contain raw materials for the origin of life. Watch the rendezvous live. Business Insider
NASA's OSIRIS-REx probe will reach Asteroid Bennu on Monday. Two years later, it will try to collect grit from the space rock and launch it Earth.
- Global Smart Toys Market Analysis Outlook 2027 The Business Hours
Global Smart Toys Market Report 2018 is a research database spread across various pages with numerous tables and figures in it. The research covers a ...
- Artificial Intelligence and Internet of Things Convergence (AIoT) Market Overview & Outlook 2018-2023 - The Global General AI Market will Reach $50.8 Billion by 2023 with 42% CAGR PRNewswire
DUBLIN, Dec. 12, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- The "Artificial Intelligence and Internet of Things Convergence: AIoT Technologies, Integration, Infrastructure,...
- Industrial Racking System Market is Expected to Reach Over US$ 19,040.8 Mn By 2026 - Persistence Market Research PRNewswire
NEW YORK, December 11, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Global Market Study on Industrial Racking System: Growth in E-commerce and 3PLs Segment Set to Create ...
- Yamaha sinks $12m into Kiwi ag-tech company Robotics Plus Stuff.co.nz
Japanese motoring giant Yamaha has invested US$8 million in Kiwi ag-tech startup Robotics Plus, the company has announced. The latest cash injection, equal ...
- How Jobs Are Being Created In A Rising New Industry Forbes
Solar energy has a bright future, and it gets brighter with every horrific storm that downs power lines and leaves communities in the dark for days on end.
- Chamber offers reality bytes Ridgecrest Daily Independent
The Ridgecrest Chamber of Commerce adopted a special format at its meeting Tuesday. The program was called “Sound Bytes” and it consisted of five chamber ...
- Middle East & Africa: Medical Robot Market Analysis & Forecast (2018-2023), Expected to Reach $1.48 Billion - ResearchAndMarkets.com Business Wire
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Middle East and Africa Medical Robot Market (2018-2023)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
- Global Home Automation Systems Market Opportunity and Business Strategy Report 2018: Market is Expected to Reach $556.9 Billion During 2018-2025 GlobeNewswire
Dublin, Nov. 28, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The "Global Home Automation Systems Market by System Component, Software Algorithm, Product, *Service* Type ...
- Education Foundation gala raises $46K for Farmington Schools grants Farmington Voice
The 2018 “A Toast to Education,” the Farmington/Farmington Hills Education Foundation's (FFHEF) annual fundraiser, topped the previous year's revenues by ...
- The robots are coming. Will they work with us? PBS NewsHour
In the latest installment of our Future of Work series, Miles O'Brien visits MIT's Interactive Robotics Laboratory to understand the “new species” of robots scientists ...
- 46 Job Openings In Levittown Right Now Levittown, PA Patch
46 Job Openings In Levittown Right Now - Levittown, PA - Check out the latest openings. Search hundreds of new jobs in Levittown.
- RPA will reach $2.3bn next year and $4.3bn by 2022... as we revise upwards our forecasts Enterprise Irregulars
Well… it's been quite a 2018 in the fantasy world of RPA (RPA plus RDA), where some of the fantasy dollars have magically become real, as the market hit ...
- 30+ Important Accounting Statistics You Need to Know in 2019 G2 Crowd
These accounting statistics will help you understand how you can use accounting software and practices to immediately improve your company's finances.
- European Healthcare Exoskeletons Market Analysis & Outlook (2014-2023) by Application, Mobility Type, Product Function, Power Technology and Country - ResearchAndMarkets.com Associated Press
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dec 12, 2018--The “Europe Healthcare Exoskeletons Market by Application, Mobility Type, Product Function, Power Technology, ...
- Global Nanopharmaceutical Drugs Market is Expected to Reach $79.29 Billion by 2026 PRNewswire
FREMONT, California, December 11, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- According to a new market intelligence report by BIS Research, titled 'Global Nanopharmaceutical ...
- Cockroach farms in China are helping reduce kitchen waste in landfills Business Insider
Chinese cities are generating more food waste than they can accommodate in landfills, and cockroaches could be a way to get rid of it.
- Smart Retail Market Size Worth $58.23 Billion by 2025 | CAGR: 23.9%: Grand View Research, Inc. PRNewswire
SAN FRANCISCO, December 12, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- The global smart retail market size is expected to reach USD 58.23 billion by 2025, according to a new ...
- Meet The Young Robotics Entrepreneur Who Got A Dream Deal With Apple Forbes Now
Nigerian-British tinkerer Silas Adekunle has hit a sweet spot for robotics and gaming, and Apple have jumped on his idea.
- Chinese AI chipmaker Horizon Robotics raises up to $1bn Financial Times
Horizon Robotics, one of China's leading designers of artificial intelligence chips, is raising up to $1bn in a funding round that will value it at between $3bn and ...
- Global Robotic Process Automation (Software, Services) Market Size, Share & Trends Report 2015-2018 & 2025 By Type, Application, Organization, Services & Region - ResearchAndMarkets.com Business Wire
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Robotic Process Automation (RPA) Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Type (Software, Services), ...
- The Real Russia. Today. Jail time for online 'disrespect,' fines for 'false information,' and Russia's fight against Google Meduza
Russian lawmakers want to jail Internet users who 'blatantly disrespect the state'; The Duma introduces legislation banning 'false information' online and in the ...
- India Economic Conclave Live - We didn’t cut excise duty on petrol, diesel to woo voters: Dharmendra Pradhan Times Now
Witness the biggest policy makers, global visionaries and iconic leaders from India Inc. decode India's $5 trillion growth agenda at India Economic Conclave ...
- Business Insider talks to Silas Adekunle, robotics engineer - Lifestyle Pulse.com.gh
The 27-year-old Nigerian-born gamer is believed to be among the best brains in the field of robotics and one of the leading robotics engineer in the world.
- $40M manufacturing facility announced for St. Catharines StCatharinesStandard.ca
Steelcon Fabrication Inc. has announced plans for a $40-million manufacturing facility for St. Catharines that will create up to 100 jobs.
- Global IP Camera Market Outlook 2017-2026: Market to Grow at a CAGR of 25.8%, Growing from $11 Billion in 2017, to Reach $86.82 Billion in 2026 - ResearchAndMarkets.com Associated Press
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dec 11, 2018--The “IP Camera - Global Market Outlook (2017-2026)” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's ...
- Iceland to let loose animatronic orangutan after Christmas ad ban The Guardian
Iceland is to unleash a life-size animatronic orangutan on the streets of the UK after its Christmas advert highlighting the impact of palm oil production was ...
- After the family business was sold, McElhattan Foundation got a lot more money to spend on workplace safety Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
The family that founded Industrial Scientific put millions of dollars into its philanthropy after the company was sold and will expand its grantmaking.
- Basic Income May Lead to More Regulations in Robotics & Geopolitics Robotics Business Review
Basic income schemes are being explored by a number of governments worldwide, but they're only one example of policy reactions to robotics and AI.
- AR Robot Battles Get An Upgrade As Reach Robotics Unveils MekaMon V2 VRFocus
The idea of robots battling each other in gloriously violent combat has excited people for years – well, unless you're a BBC executive apparently. Whether it's ...
- Jobs Roundup: Nintendo veteran joins Reach Robotics GamesIndustry.biz
It can be difficult keeping track of the various comings and goings in the games industry, which is why we compile them in semi-regular round-ups. If you have ...
- Chinese Tech Exec Faces 30 Years in Prison in U.S., Canadian Prosecutor Says TIME
A Canadian prosecutor says Meng Wanzhou, the Chinese CFO of Huawei, is facing charges to do with using fraud to get around Iran sanctions.
- The UK’s top 100 black and minority ethnic leaders in technology Financial Times
The FT and its partner Inclusive Boards present their first rankings of top BAME executives who are driving progress in the sector.
- NASA takes a tangible step back toward the Moon with commercial program Ars Technica
NASA is betting that commercial companies are finally ready for Moon missions.
- 2018 Top 20 supply chain software suppliers Modern Materials Handling
While the top of the list remains stable, up-and-comers are mixing up the software landscape with Cloud capabilities that traditional vendors are working to ...
- The World's First Gaming Robot Evolves - Reach Robotics Launches Mekamon V2 TweakTown
Bristol, 15th October 2018, Embargoed 00:01 16th October 2018. Reach Robotics, the Bristol-based robotics start-up, has today launched the next generation of ...
- Top 10: The most influential BAME tech leaders in the UK Financial Times
1. Adrian Joseph Head of artificial intelligence and member of European Innovation Board, EY financial services. Adrian Joseph. At EY, Adrian Joseph works ...
- The role of AI in future warfare Brookings Institution
To illustrate how artificial intelligence (AI) could affect the future battlefield, consider the following scenario based on a future book I am writing entitled The ...
- School system says money needed to run the system The Robesonian
LUMBERTON — The Public Schools of Robeson County is having difficulty paying its bills, members of the district's school board were told Tuesday.
- Global Customer Engagement Solutions Market Will Reach USD 29.49 Billion By 2024: Zion Market Research GlobeNewswire
According to the report, the global customer engagement solutions market accounted for USD 12.85 billion in 2017 and is expected to reach USD 29.49 billion ...
- THE WORLD'S FIRST GAMING ROBOT EVOLVES – REACH ROBOTICS LAUNCHES MEKAMON V2 Gamasutra
Bristol, 15th October 2018, Embargoed 00:01 16th October 2018 Reach Robotics, the Bristol-based robotics start-up, has today launched the next genera.
- 26-year-old Nigerian Silas Adekunle is World's Highest Paid Robotics Engineer Eurweb.com
*Meet 26-year-old Nigeria entrepreneur Silas Adekunle, who is currently the highest paid robotics engineer in the world! After graduating from the University of ...
- Reach Robotics appoints James Honeywell as Marketing Director Gamasutra
25.09.18 - Reach Robotics, the creators of MekaMon - the worldrsquo;s first augmented reality gaming robot - has appointed Nintendo veteran James Hon.
- May AI Help You? The New York Times
Intelligent chatbots could automate away nearly all of our commercial interactions — for better or for worse.
- Meet The British Robotics Start-Up About To Hit The Big Time With Apple Forbes Now
Bristol-based start-up Reach Robotics will announce today that it's won a crucial deal with Apple which will see the US technology giant promote its MekaMon ...
- AR Gaming Just Got More Personal With Mekamon 2.0 Al-Bawaba
Reach Robotics has launched the second generation of its augmented reality (AR) fighting robot, Mekamon - and it's weirdly adorable.In February, TechRadar ...
- Hampton Roads startups show off work with development program Virginian-Pilot
For 12 weeks, the startups had access to mentors, investors, workspace and other resources through the program. Additionally, 757 Accelerate awarded each ...
- How Autonomous Mobile Robots are Changing the Logistics Landscape Robotics Business Review
As the e-commerce and on-demand economy continue to grow worldwide, a new generation of autonomous mobile robots are helping companies tackle major ...
- Warehouse Robotics Market Expected to Reach $5,186 Million by 2023, Globally PR Newswire
PORTLAND, Oregon and PUNE, India, May 17, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- According to a new report published by Allied Market Research, titled "Warehouse ...
- 26-year-old Nigerian highest paid robotics engineer in the world Report Focus News
A 26-year-old Nigerian, credited for building the world's first gaming robot, Silas Adekunle, has become the highest paid in the field of robotic engineering.
- Mobile AR for gaming to take off in the coming years: Reach Robotics CNBC
Silas Adekunle, co-founder and CEO at Reach Robotics, discusses how augmented reality and robotics will shape the future of gaming.
- UiPath Raises Series C Funding as Robotic Process Automation Gets Growth Spurt Robotics Business Review
UiPath's rapid growth reflects interest in robotic process automation worldwide, across industries and among governments and companies of all sizes.
- Epson Robots Brings Advanced Vision, Force Guidance to Battery Show Robotics Business Review
Epson Robots will be showing its most advanced robot arms for a variety of industrial uses at the Battery Show in Novi, Mich., this week.
- Is Silas Adekunle the highest paid robotics engineer? Celebrating Progress Africa
Robotics engineering has been peering into various high tech industries of late. A Nigerian, Silas Adekunle, is not only on the cutting edge, but is also the ...
- Cobot Maker Rethink Robotics Shuts Down Robotics Business Review
Rethink Robotics Inc., a pioneer in collaborative robots, closed its doors yesterday. The Boston-based company had received a lot of attention for its Baxter and ...
- This 26-year-old Nigerian is now the highest paid robotics engineer in the world Face2Face Africa
A 26-year-old Nigerian, credited for building the world's first gaming robot, has just become the highest paid in the field of Robotic engineering. Silas Adekunle ...
- Nigeria: Silas Adekunle - the Smartest Gaming Guru in the World AllAfrica.com
At a time when Nigeria is trying to catch up with the technological advancement of developed nations, one of her own, 26-year-old Silas Adekunle, is taking over ...
- Simultaneous Localization and Mapping Market Worth $465 Million by 2023 - Press Release Digital Journal
MarketsandMarkets™ provides quantified B2B research on 30000 high growth niche opportunities/threats which will impact 70% to 80% of worldwide ...
- Meet Europe's 30 Under 30 In Technology 2018: Masters Of Robots, A.I. And Malware Forbes Now
Leading the fields of artificial intelligence, fintech, cyber security and robotics, these are the 30 young people to watch in European tech this year.
- Meet the young Nigerian who built the world's first gaming robots Pulse Nigeria
Named as one of Forbes' 30 Under 30 in Europe under the technology category, Silas shows no signs of letting down.
- Reach Robotics secure £5.8m investment Bristol24/7
A robotics company, based at the University of the West of England, have secured a £5.8m investment for their future. Reach Robotics develop augmented ...
- Robotics-as-a-Service to reach $34 billion by 2026 Robotics and Automation News
New research suggests 'Robotics-as-a-*Service*' (RaaS), where robotics providers rent or lease their products with solutions to customers as a full *service*, will be ...
- US Space Robotics Market Expected to Reach $4 Billion by 2023 Via Satellite
The value of the U.S. space robotics market is expected to grow to $4.36 billion by 2023. Growing importance of on-orbit satellite servicing, on-orbit ...