Mercaris is a market data service and online trading platform for organic, non-GMO, and certified agricultural commodities.
The development of non-GMO and organic agriculture is at a critical point. While some resources are in place to educate consumers, address public policy, and support scientific research on sustainable agricultural crops, far less emphasis has been placed on the market infrastructure upon which participants, from producers to retailers, depend.
Mercaris was formed to address the lack of basic market data available to participants in the organic and non-GMO supply chain.
Mercaris products and services allow subscribers to access an expanded pool of buyers and sellers, apply data to business planning and strategic decision-making, reduce transaction costs, and decrease financial risk.
- Mobile App Mercari Raises Shipping Rates EcommerceBytes
Mobile selling app Mercari is dramatically raising shipping costs for those who use its prepaid shipping labels, leaving users worried that some items will ...
- Mercaris to Introduces Mercoterra at the 2019 Land Investment Expo Precision Farming Dealer
SILVER SPRING, Md. — Mercaris, a data *service* company bringing market intelligence to sustainable agriculture, announced its new initiative — Mercoterra ...
- Organic grain prices mixed in November-December period Baking Business
KANSAS CITY — Prices for organic food-grade hard red spring wheat declined during the November-December period, but prices for hard red winter wheat, ...
- Asian startups thirsty for foreign investment Nikkei Asian Review
TOKYO -- Asian startups are calling on their governments to open up to foreign investment as a means to accelerate expansion and generate further inte.
- Flea market app Mercari struggles to crack US puzzle Nikkei Asian Review
TOKYO -- Japanese flea market app Mercari remains mired in red ink as it struggles to find a foothold in a U.S. market dominated by services like Crai.
- Can West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd. (TSX:WFT), Mercari, Inc. (TSE:4385) Go The Extra Mile? Vassar News
After a recent scan, we can see that West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd. (TSX:WFT) has a Shareholder Yield of 0.109150 and a Shareholder Yield (Mebane Faber) of.
- Animal Ag Bites 2/18 AgWired
U.S. Poultry & Egg Association recognized five companies that have been exhibiting for 50 or more years at the International Poultry Expo (IPE), part of the 2019 ...
- Marketplace App Mercari Names PR Veteran To Lead US Communication Strategy PRNewswire
PALO ALTO, Calif., Feb. 7, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Mercari -- the popular app for selling your stuff online -- has named Bradford Williams head of US ...
- Japanese firms circumventing traditional hiring timetable to find quality recruits The Japan Times
It's a rite of spring: Major corporations hire *fresh* university graduates en masse every April, starting them all at the same salary with assurances of ris.
- Organic price premiums dip as demand grows, choices multiply Richmond.com
U.S. shoppers are still paying more for organic food, but the price premium is falling as organic options multiply.
- West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd. (TSX:WFT) and Mercari, Inc. (TSE:4385) Valuation Scores Hit Noteworthy Levels Vassar News
Taking a look at some historical volatility numbers on West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd. (TSX:WFT), we can see that the twelve month volatility is currently.
- Sellers Choice 2019 Marketplace Ratings: Mercari EcommerceBytes
Mercari made it into the Sellers Choice Awards for the first time this year, coming in 4th place and picking up an award for Ease of Use. The mobile app, founded ...
- Mercari appoints US communications head AIM Group
Mercari Inc. has appointed Bradford Williams to head its U.S. communications office. He previously served the company as an independent consultant.
- 15 Best Apps for a Business Selling Clothes Small Business Trends
The fashion resale industry totals about $20 billion in sales. Want in? Check out this list and pick the best app to sell clothes.
- Organic grain prices slide during October-November | 2018-12-26 Food Business News
KANSAS CITY — Prices for organic food-grade hard red spring wheat, durum and soybeans in the two-month October-November period declined from the prior ...
- Mercari replicates CarTune's listings AIM Group
Flea market app Mercari is collaborating with CarTune. The latter's listings will now automatically be added to the marketplace.
- Mercari incurs $33M operating loss AIM Group
Japanese flea market operator Mercari Inc. incurred an operating loss of ¥3.6 billion ($33 million U.S.) for the six months ended Dec. 31, 2018.
- Organic grain prices swing lower in September-October Food Business News
KANSAS CITY — Prices for organic food-grade grain and soybeans in the September-October period declined from July-August, after also declining from the ...
- Organic wheat prices swing higher | 2018-08-29 Food Business News
KANSAS CITY — Prices for organic food-grade hard red spring wheat and hard red winter wheat advanced in June-July from the April-May period, as did values ...
- Little Known Drug Stock Hits Japan $50 Billion Startup Index Bloomberg
A somewhat obscure biotech company in Japan tanked, bringing down an entire index with it.
- Organic commodity prices mixed in May-June | 2018-07-18 Food Business News
KANSAS CITY — Prices for organic food-grade hard red spring wheat and hard red winter wheat declined sharply in the May-June period, with corn down ...
- US start-up nurtures market for organic and non-GMO crops Financial Times
Surging consumer demand led entrepreneurs to establish 'indentity preserved' venue.
- Organic wheat, corn and soybean prices swing lower in August-September | 2018-10-24 | Food Business News Baking Business
KANSAS CITY — Prices for organic food-grade grain and soybeans in the August-September period declined from June-July, with wheat prices also down from ...
- Trading volume of organic wheat and corn expands in May Food Business News
KANSAS CITY — Trading volume of food-grade organic wheat and corn continued to build in May, but soybean volume eased somewhat, while prices during ...
- Organic grain prices mixed in period | 2018-03-27 Food Business News
KANSAS CITY — Average prices for organic food-grade hard red winter wheat and soybeans in the January-February period declined from December-January, ...
- Three Ag Data Start-Ups Offer Open Access to Data Amid Indefinite Government Shutdown Agriculture.com
To address the lack of intel, Indigo Ag, Mercaris, and Gro Intelligence are providing public access to their data to keep growers afloat.
- Team work boosts Telkom Kenya ITWeb
Bharti Airtel's Kenyan unit will combine with Telkom Kenya, creating the second-largest telecoms operator in the East African nation.
- Interest in organic grain trading gathers momentum | 2018-05-23 Food Business News
KANSAS CITY — Trading of food-grade organic grains and soybeans picked up and prices increased during the March-April period, according to Mercaris, the ...
- Line hopes app's links with Japan's Mizuho and Nomura can open 78 million wallets The Japan Times
Line Corp. is betting that tie-ups with Japan's biggest financial institutions will help convince its 78 million users to entrust the free texting app with.
- Quick Access to Organic Commodity Prices Made Possible by Mercaris Partnership with DTN GlobeNewswire
Silver Spring, MD, Aug. 21, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Mercaris, a market data *service* and online trading platform for organic, non-GMO and certified ...
- Organic grain prices mixed in first quarter | 2018-04-23 Food Business News
KANSAS CITY — Average prices for organic food-grade hard red winter wheat advanced in the latest two-month period as volume also ticked higher, according ...
- Warung Pintar raises $27.5M to digitize Indonesia’s street vendors TechCrunch
The digital revolution in Indonesia, Southeast Asia's largest economy, continues to attract big money from investors. Hot on the heels of a $50 million round for ...
- Organic hard winter wheat prices up in July-August Baking Business
KANSAS CITY — The price of organic food-grade hard winter wheat increased in the July-August period while values for hard red spring, soft red winter and ...
- Sellers Choice Awards 2019: Merchants Rate Top Online Marketplaces EcommerceBytes
Ten years ago, we set out to help merchants share their experiences about what it was like to sell on various marketplaces by launching the Sellers Choice ...
- Mercari calls it quits in Europe as losses mount Nikkei Asian Review
TOKYO -- Mercari will no longer offer its flea market app in Europe starting next March in what amounts to an exit from a money-losing region where it failed to ...
- How this economist-entrepreneur is cultivating a new market for organic products GreenBiz
This 12-part series highlights women-led ventures in the green economy. As an ag product, you know you've made it to prime time when you're traded on the ...
- Organic Field Crop Acreage Grows While Non-GMO Acreage Declines KTIC
Acreage planted to organic field crops is on the rise while land planted to non-GMO corn and soybeans declined, according to a new report from Mercaris, ...
- U.S. organic hard wheat prices higher in June-July World Grain
KANSAS CITY, MISSOURI, U.S. — Prices for organic food-grade hard red spring wheat and hard red winter wheat advanced in June-July from the April-May ...
- US organic grain prices trend lower | 2018-11-26 World Grain
KANSAS CITY, MISSOURI, U.S. — Prices for organic food-grade grain and soybeans in the September-October period declined from July-August, after also ...
- Transparent Organic Grain Sales Facilitated By Startup Mercaris Organic Authority
Startup Mercaris has created a venue to facilitate the sale of American-grown non-GMO and organic grain and seeds. Hundreds of thousands of bushels are ...
- U.S. organic grain prices fall in October-November period World Grain
KANSAS CITY, MISSOURI, U.S. — Prices for organic food-grade hard red spring wheat, durum and soybeans in the two-month October-November period ...
- Mercari's IPO raises over ¥60 billion on Mothers, putting Japanese flea market app in spotlight The Japan Times
Mercari Inc., Japan's first unicorn to go public, made its debut Tuesday on the Tokyo Stock Exchange's Mothers section, becoming the largest IPO this year.
- From unicorn to reality, Mercari searches for the magic Nikkei Asian Review
TOKYO -- In its initial quarter after listing on the Japanese stock market, flea market app Mercari has yet to demonstrate a viable pathway to pr.
- US Boasts 6.5 Million Acres of Organic Certified Land with 460 New Operations in 2018 GlobeNewswire
Silver Spring, MD, Oct. 16, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Mercaris, a market data *service* and online trading platform for organic, non-GMO, and certified ...
- Mercari and UPS offer anonymous shipping in US Nikkei Asian Review
TOKYO -- Japanese flea market app Mercari began on Thursday an anonymous shipping *service* in the U.S. with UPS as it looks to attract users in the cou.
- American Century Companies Cut Its Bio Techne (TECH) Holding; Mattel (MAT) Shorts Lowered By 3.26% The Hi New Ulm
American Century Companies Inc decreased Bio Techne Corp (TECH) stake by 91.14% reported in 2018Q3 SEC filing. American Century Companies Inc sold ...
- Flea market operator Mercari in search of new hit services Nikkei Asian Review
TOKYO -- Mercari's first earnings as a publicly traded company highlight its dependence on the core flea market business in Japan, as the company expl.
- Amazon Japan and Mercari join Japan's top business lobby Keidanren The Japan Times
Amazon Japan, a unit of U.S. online retail giant Amazon.com Inc., and flea market app operator Mercari Inc. joined Keidanren on Friday, the organization sa.
- Organic winter wheat, corn prices climb | 2018-02-27 Food Business News
KANSAS CITY — Average prices for organic food-grade hard red winter wheat and corn during the December-January period advanced from ...
- Mercari's blockbuster IPO shows Japan's startups are turning a corner The Japan Times
One of the year's most spectacular startup payoffs isn't in Silicon Valley or China, it's in Japan. Mercari Inc.'s $3.7 billion coming-out party will deliv.
- Mercari's top-of-range IPO set to make founder Shintaro Yamada Japan's newest billionaire The Japan Times
Mercari Inc. priced its initial public offering at the top of the range to sell ¥130.5 billion ($1.2 billion) worth of shares, a valuation that's set to make its 40-year-old ...
- This 28-year-old made $2,400 in 4 months selling things online—here are her top 4 tips CNBC
Selling your used items online to make thousands of dollars is easier than you may think, says Dallas Wolford.
- Mercari to Close Popular Selling App in UK EcommerceBytes
Mercari shocked sellers today when it announced it will exit the UK market in January. The company said the selling app would continue to be available in the ...
- Organic durum prices higher, winter wheat lower in quarter Food Business News
KANSAS CITY — Prices for organic food-grade durum and soybeans moved higher in the third quarter, hard red winter wheat and corn prices weakened, and ...
- Mercari Wants to Be the First Japan Startup to Make It in U.S. Bloomberg
Mercari Inc. already made its mark by becoming the first Japanese startup to be valued at $1 billion, but a successful push into the U.S. would make the company ...
- Japan online flea market operator Mercari hires large number of non-Japanese grads The Japan Times
Mercari Inc., Japan's leading online flea market operator, has hired about 50 new graduates, including 44 with foreign nationalities. Through the recruitme.
- Demand for organic still exceeds supply for many goods Food Business News
WASHINGTON — In general, demand for organic commodities exceeds supply and is growing rapidly, which contributes to much higher prices paid for organic ...
- Mercari R4D Debuts AI Vision Shopping Experience Using Vuzix Blade® AR Smart Glasses PRNewswire
ROCHESTER, N.Y., Dec. 20, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Vuzix® Corporation (NASDAQ: VUZI), ("Vuzix" or, the "Company"), a leading supplier of Smart Glasses and...
- Mercari, Japan’s first unicorn, files for $1.1B Tokyo IPO TechCrunch
Mercari, the eBay-like *service* that is Japanese first tech startup unicorn, has filed to go public in an IPO that could raise as much as $1.1 billion. The company is ...
- Mercari's Top-of-Range IPO Mints a New Japanese Billionaire Bloomberg
Mercari Inc. priced its initial public offering at the top of the range to sell 130.5 billion yen ($1.2 billion) worth of shares, a valuation that's set to make its ...
- For Many Black Entrepreneurs, VC Funding Remains an Uphill Battle American Inno
Many Black founders find venture capital fundraising to be a nearly impossible task. Only 1 percent of Black startup founders received venture capital funding ...
- Mercari builds buzz beyond flea market apps Nikkei Asian Review
TOKYO -- Flea market app operator Mercari looks to spread its wings, as the Japanese startup pulls potential rivals into its orbit and triggers change.
- Japanese unicorn Mercari's market cap seen reaching $3.6bn Nikkei Asian Review
TOKYO -- Japanese flea market app operator Mercari has raised the estimated price for its initial public offering this month amid keen investor i.
- After Mercari, Japanese unicorns closer to extinction Nikkei Asian Review
TOKYO -- Following Mercari's blockbuster stock market debut Tuesday, Japan's lineup of unlisted startups valued above $1 billion has shrunk to basically two, ...
- Mercaris Launches Organic & Non-GMO Commodities Market Data Service Forbes
Commodities markets and anyone in the food supply chain rely on USDA data to operate. This includes critical data that farmers depend on to price crops and ...
- Japanese unicorn Mercari eyes overseas push after June 19 IPO Nikkei Asian Review
TOKYO -- Mercari's application to list on the Tokyo Stock Exchange was approved Monday, giving the flea market app provider a channel to fund its purs.
- Japan's business chiefs to scrap recruiting guidelines Nikkei Asian Review
TOKYO -- Japan's traditional recruiting practices, in which most new graduates start their first year of work at the same time in April, are coming un.
- Japan's IT firms enthusiastically open doors to overseas tech workers The Japan Times
The dozens of young Chinese engineers looked nervous, but eager, as they presented their work in English during a hack-athon in September at the high-rise.
- Japan's IPO rush continues after Mercari debut Nikkei Asian Review
TOKYO -- Startups in Japan are going public in increasing numbers this year, with 21 initial public offerings in June and July alone, easily surpassin.
- Mercari’s share market arrival marks the end of Japan’s unicorns Financial Times
The pre-listing hype for next week's stock exchange debut of Mercari — the Japanese flea market app that has managed to build a 10m strong customer base ...
- Japanese marketplace app Mercari launches $1.1 billion IPO Reuters
TOKYO (Reuters) - Flea market app operator Mercari Inc has received approval for an initial public offering in Tokyo that will raise up to $1.1 billion, a regulatory ...
- The Best Places to Sell the Clothes You KonMari'd From Your Home Real Simple
Once you're done decluttering your entire home (following Marie Kondo's world-famous method, of course), here's where to resell your clothing to turn your ...
- Aiming for Abundance: Women in Agtech BOSS Magazine
These women in agtech are creating innovative ways to deal with the biggest problems facing the farming industry.
- Mercari Stock Soars in Tokyo Debut After $1.2 Billion IPO Bloomberg
Japan's e-commerce startup Mercari's stock soars in Tokyo debut after a $1.2 billion IPO https://bloom.bg/2t3yOG3 #tictocnews (Source: Bloomberg)
- Top business news of 2018 The Japan Times
The Japan Times newsroom selected the following business news stories as the most important of 2018. 1. Going, going, Ghosn: Nissan Motor Co. Chairman ...
- Jessie Bovay: “We need to teach young people food literacy” Food Tank
Jessie Bovay of Mercaris believes experienced farmers can help young leaders become informed changemakers in the food system.
- Mercari Is Symbol of Success in Japan, 500 Startups' Riney Says Bloomberg
James Riney, head of 500 Startups Japan, talks about Mercari Inc., a Japanese online marketplace that begins trading Tuesday. He speaks with David Ingles on ...
- Rare Japanese unicorn Mercari targets rapid U.S. expansion Reuters
Japanese flea market app operator Mercari Inc targets rapid expansion in the United States, its founder and chief executive told Reuters on Monday, after a ...
- DC-Area Startups Raised $120M in September Funding American Inno
At least 10 D.C.-area startups raised a combined $120 million in funding, led by a massive venture round by Maryland software company Sonatype.
- Mercari Soars in Trading Debut After Raising $1.2 Billion in IPO Bloomberg
Mercari Inc., a Japanese online marketplace that raised 130.5 billion yen ($1.2 billion) in it's initial public offering, soared on its first day of trading. Andrew ...
- 26 Women of Color Diversifying Entrepreneurship in Silicon Valley, Media, and Beyond Vanity Fair
The business world has long been a boys' club. Women C.E.O.s and founders of color make up a small portion of entrepreneurs who have reached the top.
- Mercari marketplace to shut UK service in 2019 Tamebay
The online buying and selling marketplace app Mercari will be closing its doors in the UK from next January. The USA *service*, and that in its home country of ...
- Japan awash in 91 IPOs this year Nikkei Asian Review
TOKYO -- By the time this year closes, Japan will have witnessed 91 initial public offerings, the second-highest tally in the past decade, to be headl.
- Flea market app Mercari eyes June listing in Tokyo Nikkei Asian Review
TOKYO -- Flea market app operator Mercari looks to list on the Tokyo Stock Exchange's Mothers market for startups in June in what could be a big initial public ...
- In Japan, a scramble for new workers disrupts traditional hiring Reuters
TOKYO(Reuters) - It's a rite of spring in Japan: Major corporations hire *fresh* university graduates en masse every April, starting them all at the same salary with ...
- Mercari terminates three of its services AIM Group
Mercari Inc. will close three of its start-up services: inter-trade app MercariMaisonz, recommerce site Mercari Now and skill-sharing *service* Teacha.me.
- Japanese flea market app operator Mercari to go public June 19 The Japan Times
Flea market app operator Mercari Inc. said Monday it will list its shares on the Tokyo Stock Exchange's Mothers section for start-up companies on June 19.
- How Mercari Selling App Is Tackling Shipping EcommerceBytes
Mercari announced a new pack-and-ship *service* for sellers through a deal with the UPS Store. Mercari is like Craigslist only it's a mobile app, and without the ...
- 13 people reveal how much money they've made from their side hustles Business Insider
From driving for Uber to making passive income from selling e-books, 13 people share how much money they've made from their side hustles.
- Japan's Mercari marketplace app poised for US growth Retail Dive
Mercari, a Japanese startup with a mobile flea market app, raised at least $6.5 billion on its first day of trading on the Tokyo Stock Exchange, as the marketplace ...
- Summary of Bio-Techne Corporation (NASDAQ:TECH) Ratings The EN Bulletin
Big Money Sentiment decreased to 0.86 in Q3 2018. It has change of 0.15, from 2018Q2's 1.01. The ratio turned negative due to Bio-Techne Corporation.
- Japanese IPO fundraising more than triples in 2018 Nikkei Asian Review
TOKYO -- Money raised from this year's initial public offerings in Japan reached 175.8 billion yen ($1.54 billion) at the end of September, increasing more than ...
- Secondhand retail redefined in Japan as online flea markets rise in value The Japan Times
In June, the popular online flea market, Mercari Inc., is expected to be listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange's Mothers section, which is reserved for high-g.
- Abe can turn Japan into 'unicorn' central Nikkei Asian Review
If Shinzo Abe could concoct a success story to inspire risk-taking and wealth creation in Japan, it would look very much like Mercari.The flea market.
- Startup funding by Japan's major companies shatters record Nikkei Asian Review
TOKYO -- Investment in startups by major Japanese enterprises nearly doubled in 2018 as businesses turned to outside technologies and ideas to fuel gr.
- Flea market apps transforming Japan's thrift culture The Japan Times
When strapped for cash before his next paycheck, Ryo Takezawa would trudge over to the nearest Bookoff, the nation's largest chain of secondhand bookstores.
- Some Techies Are Shunning Silicon Valley for the Japanese Dream Bloomberg
Software engineer Carlos Perez Gutierrez was in the enviable position of being able to choose between job offers. Ride-hailing company Lyft Inc. wanted him for ...
- 5 Japanese Startups You Should Check Out Now Red Herring
Japan's economy stands at a precarious crossroads. Still recovering from the 2008 financial crisis, its central bank refused on Tuesday to print more money – or ...
- Brokerages scramble on tepid investor response over SoftBank IPO Nikkei Asian Review
TOKYO -- Mobile carrier SoftBank Corp.'s initial public offering set for Dec. 19 is oversubscribed by less than double -- a level well below blockbust.
- IITians flooded with offers of over Rs 25 lakh this year Economic Times
KOLKATA|NEW DELHI: There are more Rs 25 lakh-plus annual pay packages on offer this year than ever before for freshly minted engineers from the Indian ...