Mayvenn enables Stylists to sell products directly to their clients without the upfront costs and burdens of holding inventory.
At Mayvenn, we are creating the future of salon retail – one hairstylist at a time. Our mission is to empower hairstylists and salon professionals while changing the way people purchase hair extensions and interact with hair companies.
- How he got Silicon Valley to invest in hair extensions CNN
When Diishan Imira pitched his startup to Silicon Valley investors in 2013, he was nervous that his product -- hair extensions marketed to black women ...
- Mayvenn’s Hair Extension Business Model Drives Sales and Success WWD
Diishan Imira, ceo and founder, said the company is in a growth mode.
- MaC Ventures, the brainchild of Adrian Fenty and Marlon Nichols, is quietly making its first investments TechCrunch
MaC Ventures, the new Los Angeles-based investment firm formed from the merger of Cross Culture Ventures and M Ventures, has quietly started deploying ...
- Serena Williams Invests In Hair Company Mayvenn To Change The Way You Get Your Extensions Installed BET
They are the first all-inclusive hair extension company.
- Mayvenn Provides Free Hair Extension Installations for Its Customers Black Enterprise
Hair industry startup Mayvenn will provide free hair extension installations as part of its new business model in an effort to help stylists flourish.
- Mayvenn raises $23m to give the hair extension industry a new 'do The Hustle
A hair startup called Mayvenn raised $23 to extend its hair extension business -- and empower stylists in the process.
- Largest Black-Owned Hair Company Launches New All-Inclusive Service That Changes the Way You Buy and Install Hair BlackNews.com
Mayvenn Install pays for your next hair appointment by offering customers the hair of their choice and a *service* for the price of one (hair, shampoo, condition, ...
- Startups of the week: Mayvenn, HealthLoop, Nurx San Francisco Chronicle
Diishan Imira started his business selling hair extensions out of the trunk of his car in Oakland. His startup, Mayvenn, has since grown to 51 full-time employees ...
- Black-Owned Hair Brand Raises $23M In Venture Capital News One
The Black-owned beauty brand Mayven recently raised $23 million in venture capital funding.
- Essence Ventures' first investment is in Mayvenn's hair-products platform ImpactAlpha
ImpactAlpha, Nov. 11 – Essence Ventures, the investment firm founded by Richelieu Dennis, is leading a $23 million round of financing for Mayvenn, ...
- Meet Diishan Imira, the Black Hair King of Silicon Valley Essence.com
Diishan Imira is the CEO and co-founder of Mayvenn, a hair extension company that partners with stylists who serve as the salesforce for the hair extensions ...
- How One Entrepreneur Raised $3 Million in Venture Capital Funding by Selling Hair Extensions Black Enterprise
Young entrepreneur talks merging the markets of Silicon Valley with the black hair industry.
- From steals to deals: The startups behind Andre Iguodala's rise in VC PitchBook News & Analysis
The world of VC loves the Golden State Warriors. Former Kleiner Perkins managing partner Joe Lacob is the team's majority owner. Another part-owner with VC ...
- Serena Williams Launched a Venture Firm to Invest in Diverse Founders Black Enterprise
Serena Ventures focuses on early-stage companies through mentorship and helping to faciliate collaboration among portfolio companies.
- Ladies! Diishan Imira Wants To Pay for You To Get Your Hair Done RESPECT.
Tech Entrepreneur, Diishan Imira has a very inspirational story of how he went from teaching English in China to building a multi-million dollar.
- A focus on diversity reaps rewards for this Los Angeles investor TechCrunch
The Los Angeles startup scene has come a long way in the three-and-a-half years since Marlon Nichols, Troy Carter and Trevor Thomas launched Cross Culture ...
- 8 Best Hair Extensions Brands - Shop for Hair Extensions, Clip-In Hair, Human Hair Online ELLE.com
Shop the best online hair extension brands for clip ins, wefted hair, and faux bangs.
- Why Serena Williams, Andreessen Horowitz are investing in this company that sells hair — yes, hair Business Insider
Serena Williams and Andreessen Horowitz have both invested in Mayvenn's idea of empowering hair stylists to sell hair.
- New Research From Tideline And Impact Capital Managers Finds The "Alpha" In Impact Investing PRNewswire
NEW YORK, Dec. 12, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- New research from Tideline, an impact investing consulting firm, in partnership with Impact Capital Managers (ICM), ...
- Can He Unlock the $9 Billion Weave Market? | Rising Stars OZY
Meet the force that's bringing the multibillion Black hair market online and up to speed.
- This is exactly how Serena Williams picks companies to invest in MarketWatch
As public controversy stews over GQ putting “woman” in quotes on its Williams cover, the tennis ace is quietly making waves in an entirely different way.
- The Countdown Begins: 25 days of Black Biz TheGrio
TheGrio wanted to make your gift giving experience include purchases with a purpose by creating a list of 25 Black owned businesses.
- GET THE LOOK: Choose The Right Weave For You With Mayvenn Hair Extensions HelloBeautiful
Overwhelmed by weave options? We found some of the best hair to help you achieve great looks!
- 10 Key Alpha Drivers in Impact Investing: Study ThinkAdvisor
Yes, impact investing does boost financial returns, but does more, according to the latest study confirming this finding, which also zeroed in on 10 “unique ...
- [THE UPLOAD]Meet the Online Hair-Care Millionaire EBONY.com
Diishan Imira is a really hard man to reach. “It's the craziest time of my life right now. I never know what my schedule is like. It's never been like this before,” says ...
- Laz Alonso, Reginald Hudlin, Kirk Franklin, Tasha Cobbs Leonard, Kel Mitchell, Kellita Smith, and More Deliver Enlightening Insights for July on the Hit Show "Money Making Conversations," Hosted by Rushion McDonald Yahoo Finance
ATLANTA , July 1, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Get the real-life stories and insights that have been a driving force to creating success this month from the July lineup of ...
- To Help Boost Female-led Startups, More Women Join Investor Ranks Xconomy
Houston---Men have long leveraged their networks to succeed in business, and the tech industry has been no exception. Women, finding themselves outside of.
- Hair-extension startup finally wins over Sand Hill VCs SFGate
This is a big thing in the black community that everyone is aware of,” said Imira, whose Oakland company Mayvenn seeks to bring technology-fueled ...
- Net income: Serena Williams' path from tennis star to VC tycoon PitchBook News & Analysis
As one of the most dominant careers in recent sports history inches toward its eventual conclusion, Serena Williams is beginning to turn her focus toward the ...
- The Truth Behind Hair Distribution in the U.S. Essence.com
The CEO of Mayvenn Inc. gives us the scoop on the future of innovative retail distribution in the hair industry.
- How Serena Williams, the world's tennis star, 'secretly' invested in two prominent African startups Pulse Nigeria
Serena Williams, an American professional tennis player, revealed how she secretly invested in startups over the years, including, Andela.
- Serena Williams could cash in on an upcoming tech IPO Business Insider
The tennis star serves as a director of the online polling company SurveyMonkey, and owns 210000 options and 35000 restricted shares in it.
- Capital for Justice: Spurring On Impact Investing for Racial Equity Stanford Social Innovation Review
How one foundation is building on a 50-year history of impact investing to unlock more capital and more justice toward greater equity, progress, and prosperity.
- Learn how to change banking one dollar at a time at Disrupt SF TechCrunch
Fintech startups are the hot new thing. Everybody wants to reinvent the way you manage money, invest and pay for things. That's why we're inviting three fintech ...
- TRIED IT: Mayvenn Hair Released A Wine Colored Shade That You Need This Season HelloBeautiful
Style & Beauty Editor Danielle James tries out and reviews Mayvenn Hair's new pre-dyed virgin hair in bright burgundy.
- Investing Millions in Companies Led by Black Men Black Enterprise
Venture capital investment in companies led by women and minorities is lacking. CB Insights released its data in showing only 1% of VC-funded startup ...
- A startup that’s capitalizing on the untapped hair extensions market Marketplace APM
It's an obvious solution to tech's diversity problem: invest venture capital into businesses founded by women and people of color. They're not only likely to hire a ...
- 5 Beauty Tech Companies Founded by Black Entrepreneurs Black Enterprise
In a world dominated by mobile applications, here are some standouts in the beauty industry that were created by black entrepreneurs.
- What U.S. Investors Can Learn From An Immigrant Venture Capitalist Forbes Now
Namek Zu'bi is the co-founder and managing partner of Silicon Badia, a venture capital fund in New York City and Amman, Jordan. Operating out of lower ...
- Wakanda's on-screen lessons for 'inclusion alpha' ImpactAlpha
ImpactAlpha, July 3 – Black Panther's big screen story of Black technological and economic power resonated with the team at Impact America Fund (see, Agent ...
- The Desai Foundation Raises $400000 During its Annual Lotus Festival Gala India New England
STOW, MA—The Desai Foundation, which empowers women and children to elevate health and livelihood in India and U.S, raised $400,000 during its annual ...
- The Hair Extensions Business Is Finally Getting the Makeover It Deserves Fashionista
Fragmented and inefficient, the multimillion-dollar hair extensions market is being reinvented by these entrepreneurs.
- 2018 Is Shaping Up as a Pivotal Year for African-American Entrepreneurship Entrepreneur
According to the U.S. Black Chamber of Commerce, “African-American businesses have grown at an exponential rate in the 21st century.” Four months in and ...
- Kevin Durant, Will Smith Top the Lineup for a New Venture-Capital Fund for Black Investors The Wall Street Journal
Silicon Valley stalwart Andreessen Horowitz is launching a novel effort to boost diversity in tech: an exclusive new fund targeted at black celebrities, athletes and ...
- 7 Best Venture Capitalists for Black Entrepreneurs Black Enterprise
These venture capitalists are not only some of the top investors but many of them are committed to spending dollars with black-owned businesses.
- The 25 hottest startup CEOs in America Business Insider Australia
There's no shortage of hot startups. To stand out, startup CEOs are getting creative by launching innovative products and raising tons of money — and they have ...
- 30 women in venture capital to watch in 2018 Business Insider
Meet the women across the US who are sourcing noteworthy deals, founding female led firms, and cultivating interest in female founded startups.
- Bridges Israel backs precision irrigation company NDrip ImpactAlpha
ImpactAlpha, November 12 – Bridges Israel has invested an undisclosed amount in Israeli-based drip irrigation firm NDrip. NDrip makes drip-irrigation ...
- 12. Urban Trust Bank Black Enterprise
Urban Trust Bank (UTB) is the largest black-owned federally chartered bank in Florida. The full-*service* bank, headquartered outside of Orlando,Â was founded ...
- Kirk Franklin, Kel Mitchell, Kellita Smith, and More Deliver Insights for July on the Hit Show ‘Money Making C Eurweb.com
Get the real-life stories and insights that have been a driving force to creating success this month from the July lineup on "Money Making Conversations."
- Investor: Who said black founders can't build a billion dollar company? CNN
Troy Carter has a knack for finding unknown talent. He discovered Lady Gaga and manages pop stars like Meghan Trainor and John Legend. He's also a ...
- The New Off-Court Play for NBA Stars Is Startup Equity Bloomberg
About three years ago, in February 2014, Andre Iguodala spent an off-day during the NBA season at the offices of venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz in ...
- Zume Pizza Raises $365 Million to Expand Operations Black Enterprise
Starting their operations in 2015, Zume Pizza has come along way in just three years. They recently closed a round for $365 Million led by Softbank to expand ...
- The Best New Way for African Americans to Invest In or Start a Business: Equity Crowdfunding Black Enterprise
Black consumers and entrepreneurs can now use equity crowdfunding to invest in startups, influence the market, and build generational wealth. Here's how.
- Serena Williams has invested in over 30 early stage companies InsideSport
What is Serena Williams best-kept secret for the past five years? It goes beyond tennis and Serena's personal life.
- The 25 Best Small and Medium-Size Workplaces in the Bay Area Fortune
Fortune ranks the 25 best workplaces in the Bay Area with fewer than 1000 employees.
- #BUYBLACK419 Toledo City Paper
We have long been warned that, if we do not learn from history, we are doomed to repeat it. Knowing our roots, understanding the past, teaches how history ...
- The Black Travel Box Provides Travel Size Hair and Skin Products for People of Color Black Enterprise
While away on a vacation, one of the last things you want to deal with is an exhaustive search for products to fix a bad hair day. So when Orion Brown found ...
- The Black Woman Taking Over the Hair Extension Retail Market Black Enterprise
Dias took the leap of faith to attack the hair extension market head-on. After becoming the proud owner of The Girl Cave Los Angeles, a one-stop shop for all the ...
- Cross Culture Ventures Closes $10.5 Million Fund Los Angeles Business Journal
Troy Carter's Cross Culture Ventures has raised a $10.5 million fund, according to a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission. The Culver City ...
- Shifting family money to impact, d.light's debt financing, gender balance in Texas, no-cost tech skills, Wakanda's lessons in inclusion ImpactAlpha
Greetings, Agents of Impact! Independence Day. When in the course of human events it becomes necessary to take a long summer holiday weekend, we ask ...
- Why fintech startups need to tap into the disappearing middle class (VB Live) VentureBeat
What's the difference between the fintech startups that succeed and those that don't make it out of the gate? This VB Live event your chance to find out.
- Top 5 Picks in Startup Business Incubators Black Enterprise
Startups and early-stage business owners looking for intense entrepreneurial training that could lead to exponential growth should consider participating in a ...
- SBS the Brand dishes on luxurious hair extensions and new edge control Rolling Out
Through the powers of social media Shaquille Butler was able to turn his passion into profit from twitter and build the SBS brand. Four years later with a.
- Can you really make money while doing good? Marketplace APM
How impact investors hope to change the world while profiting from it.
- How This VC Finds the Next Big Thing Fortune
This article is part of VC to VC, a monthly series that features conversations between veteran venture capitalist Phil Wickham and other leaders in the investment ...
- Nurx, Postmates, Asana get Chronicle, Crunchbase nod for best startups San Francisco Chronicle
The Chronicle routinely features Bay Area companies that are raising money, making moves and shaking up their industries. There have been startups ranging ...
- ImpactAlpha's featured 'Agents of Impact' ImpactAlpha
You are an Agent of Impact. You work across issues and geographies and stages and asset classes. You are inside and outside “the system.” Yet you share a ...
- Asana and Wrike gets fresh cash, while Crunchyroll has ‘Blade Runner’ flash San Francisco Chronicle
A company that got its start at Facebook is setting its sights abroad with a new round of funding. San Francisco's Asana, which makes project management ...
- The Daily Media: 31 Moves to Know Daily Front Row
Want to share your news with us and see your name and company in our weekly media roundup? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 1.
- 13 New Equity Crowdfunding Success Stories, for Ecommerce Practical Ecommerce
It's been three years since the Jumpstart Our Business Startups (JOBS) Act was signed into law. Currently, Title II is in effect, allowing small.
- Women Are Proven To Be Better At Investing Money, So Why Do We Avoid It? Grazia
This morning, Serena Williams announced that she has secretly been an all-out business mogul for the last five years, investing in 30 small companies since ...
- Oprah Tops Forbes' Highest-Paid Celebrity List Black Enterprise
Oprah Winfrey topped this year's Forbes magazine's highest-paid celebrity list for the fourth consecutive year.
- Poynt cashes in, Sapho sells out and Simple Habit stays calm San Francisco Chronicle
A Palo Alto company that's speeding credit card swipes and dips for restaurants and other retailers is now planning to expand to more countries with its recent ...
- 15 Unique Feed-In Braids Styles We Love Black Excellence
As the summer season approaches, we will begin to see braids center stage, whether at the beach or at the work place. Besides being a timeless look,
- Why More Black Engineers Aren't Being Hired In Silicon Valley International Business Times
When Joshua Mann set foot in SpaceX on the first day of his internship three summers ago, the scene was not entirely unexpected. “I'll be honest. When I got to ...
- The World's Top 20 Most Tech-Savvy Athletes SportTechie
From founding tech-centric startups and deploying strategic investments to leveraging social media and building a digital brand, today's athlete, whether.
- Rivet Ventures Puts Women at the Helm Wall Street Journal
A new venture firm is focusing its efforts on female consumers and women as a market.
- There's a new, $100 million fund expressly for women founders of color Inventiva
When Richelieu Dennis came to the U.S. from his home in Liberia to attend Babson College, he wasn't expecting to stay. But unable to return home owing to.
- African American-Led Virtual Reality Company Lands $23 Million in Funding Black Enterprise
Guy Primus is one of the few African Americans (perhaps the only) heading up a Virtual Reality *content* studio. Read more here.
- The next big restaurant chain may not own any kitchens Inventiva
If investors at some of the biggest technology companies are right, the next big restaurant chain could have no kitchens of its own. These venture capitalists think ...
- 5 Organizations Helping Minority Startup Founders Succeed Entrepreneur
Several organizations have emerged as leaders in the effort to help minority entrepreneurs in the United States.
- This company is trying to reinvent health and beauty for people of color Fortune
Walker & Company's first brand, Bevel, includes razors and shaving creams that are designed to reduce skin irritation for people of color.
- Invest in black entrepreneurs because it's good business, not out of 'social obligation' Business Insider Australia
Biz Carson. Jun 16, 2015, 3:30 AM. facebook · twitter · reddit · linkedin · WhatsApp/span> · Charles hudson SoftTech VCCharles Hudson, partner at SoftTech VC.
- She May Be the First Black Woman in New Orleans to Raise $2 Million in Capital for Her Startup Black Enterprise
Sevetri Wilson recently raised $2 million in capital to expand her tech startup, ExemptMeNow, a SaaS platform designed to help nonprofits become exempt and ...
- TechCrunch Disrupt shows an industry grappling with diversity San Francisco Chronicle
When TV writer Mike Judge re-created a high-stakes startup pitch contest in his HBO series “Silicon Valley,” viewers criticized him for hiring mostly male extras to ...
- How This Lawyer Created an Online Beauty Destination for All Women of Color Black Enterprise
Remember the name Marjani Beauty because it just might be the black and brown girl's answer to Sephora.com. This e-commerce beauty destination, dedicated ...
- Educator Offers Free College Courses on the Business of Music Black Enterprise
As we continue to celebrate the legacy and the evolution of black music, the recording industry–and the music business at large–remains in a perpetual state of ...
- Silicon Beach 25: L.A.'s Most Powerful Digital Players Hollywood Reporter
THR's second ranking of the tech innovators who deal and wield influence predominantly in Hollywood.
- Top 3 Ways in which Big Data and Data Science Change Financial Trading Inventiva
Big data and data science have now emerged as the leading influencers of business decisions in almost every major industry, and the world of financial.
- Meet Marlon Nichols, General Partner at Cross Culture VatorNews
There has been a big debate over the last few years over whether the Series A crunch is real or not. What everyone can agree on, though, is that there are ...
- Hollywood Super Connector Anjula Acharia-Bath Joins Trinity Ventures TechCrunch
Founder of DesiHits! Anjula Acharia-Bath is the newest partner at venture capital firm Trinity Ventures. Bath has been named one of Billboard's 'International ...
- These Are The Tech Companies Celebrities Are Investing In Thrillist
Tech companies celebrities prefer to invest in, including picks from Adam Levine, Kevin Spacey, Ellen DeGeneres, and more.
- 13 Famous Athletes Reinventing Themselves as Investors Inc.com
From Serena Williams to Joe Montana, some of the most famous athletes are securing their legacy by shifting to investing.
- Black Venture Capitalists Are Transforming Tech Xconomy
Would it surprise you to know that there are more than 100 black venture capitalists or that this nationwide ecosystem is growing? Most of the VCs in this.
- Your Guide To Personalizing Across Every Channel In 2017 Business 2 Community
Gartner's 2017 predictions indicate that 87% of marketers expect customer experience to be their primary differentiator. And if you think of the experiences that ...
- Vinod Khosla: companies need a good base camp to succeed VatorNews
Vinod Khosla: companies need a good base camp to succeed. Too many VCs don't provide good base camps in order to make companies safe and predictable, ...
- Kobe Bryant joins long list of celebrities investing in tech The Guardian
Basketball star joins a growing list of famous venture capitalists who, having earned a fortune in one field, look to Silicon Valley to lose a fortune in another.
- 8 Black-Owned Beauty Brands To Follow On Instagram Refinery29
Instagram is the one-stop shop where we digest news, creep on our crushes, and find a ton of beauty inspo. But in my humble opinion, one of the coolest ...
- Catalyte Raises $27M in Series A Funding; Acquires Surge FinSMEs
Catalyte, a Baltimore-based software engineering services company, raised $27M in Series A funding. Backers included – Revolution's Rise of The Rest Seed ...