Kit is a new place to talk about the things worth getting. Kit is an exploration in product recommendations—that is, a better way to find products worth getting for our favorite activities and experiences.
The internet can be an overwhelming place to research and find the products you need, especially when you’re looking to learn a new activity or hobby. Search engines and shopping sites don’t understand you and give you reviews from people you don’t know. It’s often easier (and more fun) to get product recommendations from friends and people who know what works from experience. On Kit, you can find everything from Grammy winning-guitarist Drew Shirley’s easy picks for learning to play guitar, to SoulCycle instructor Nina Rutsch’s favorite products for your overall health, to tips for both your morning and evening skincare routines from YouTube star and beauty expert HeyClaire. No matter what your interests are, Kit is your authentic place to find the things worth getting. We were inspired by the Whole Earth Catalog, which was first put together in 1968 with the idea that “the user should know better what is worth getting and where and how to do the getting.” Building on this inspiration, we created Kit because we believe in a community that helps each other learn and easily discover the products they need for the activities that enrich their lives.
- CEO Hix Steps Down at Albertsons-Owned Meal-Kit Company Plated Crain's Chicago Business
Albertsons—which also owns grocery chains like Jewel, Safeway and Shaw's—bought Plated in the culmination of swift deal talks that were sparked by the ...
- Stars support Sean: Legends kit out for injured fan Independent.ie
High-profile names from the worlds of business, broadcasting and sport have come together to back a series of unique events in aid of injured Liverpool fan ...
- Blue Apron switches meal-kit strategy in hopes of becoming profitable in 2019 CNBC
As the meal-kit industry struggles, Blue Apron is trying to expand its business with new products and partnerships with Jet.com and WW.
- Atlanta United 2019 primary kit design emphasizes sales over establishing tradition Dirty South Soccer
If you're like me, you were disappointed to see Atlanta United abandon their “Five Stripes” kit design after two seasons. When other supporters talk about us they ...
- Kroger's meal kit maker Home Chef reaches its Dallas-Fort Worth stores Dallas News
One meal kit company seems to have found a good fit with Kroger.Kroger paid $200 million for Chicago-based Home Chef in May 2018 with the intention...
- Munchery closes on-demand meal-delivery business San Francisco Chronicle
San Francisco startup Munchery, which delivers microwavable dinners and meal kits in its hometown and other Western cities, has gone out of business, ...
- Food Recall Warning - Eat Smart brand 340 G (12 OZ) Sweet Kale Vegetable Salad Bag Kit recalled due to Listeria monocytogenes Markets Insider
Product photos are available at: https://bit.ly/2T3H3zU. OTTAWA, Feb. 17, 2019 /CNW/ - Industry is recalling certain 340 G (12 OZ) Eat Smart brand Sweet Kale ...
- How to use Sun Basket's meal kit service to make delicious healthy dinners at home INSIDER
Sun Basket is a meal kit *service* that helps you plan your meals with delicious and healthy options, regardless of your dietary restrictions.
- Plated CEO Josh Hix steps down Supermarket News
Josh Hix, co-founder and chief executive officer of meal kit provider Plated, has left the company. Parent Albertsons Cos. said Hix stepped down earlier this week ...
- Beer Recipe Kit Market Size 2019 Kilner, Home Brewing, Northern Brewers, MrBeer Honest Version
Beer Recipe Kit Market Size: The report, named “Global Beer Recipe Kit Market 2019”, provides a Detailed overview of the Beer Recipe Kit Market related to ...
- Tech investors are dumping millions each year into food start-ups, but their appetites are changing CNBC
The massive opportunity in food has been attracting tech investors to the sector at a growing rate. But recent stumbles for meal kit services and delivery-only ...
- Chef'd returns as a meal kit available in stores - Bizwomen The Business Journals
The meal kit delivery company closed abruptly in July then sold its brand and assets to food technology, consumer products and manufacturing group True Food ...
- The Aquasonic PRO Toothbrush Kit Get Your Teeth Whiter, Cleaner, and Healthier The Daily Beast
Give your teeth the clean they deserve with with 40,000 vibrations per minute. The Aquasonic PRO Toothbrush kit, which is under $60 when you use the code ...
- EA has a 'Fortnite' on its hands with its new game, 'Apex Legends.' So what does that mean for 'Anthem'? Business Insider
With EA on the verge of launching a huge new blockbuster in "Anthem," the game is being overshadowed by another EA blockbuster: "Apex Legends."
- Components Roundup: New sensors, Jetson-based AI development kit Robotics Business Review
A partner of NVIDIA's new Jetson chipset has created a development kit for those looking to create new autonomous systems.
- New gene-editing kit puts the power of frog growth into citizen scientists' hands The Daily Herald
This California company strives to provide education and tools to safely edit organisms' genes.
- American Airlines offering new amenity kits for premium passengers Chicago Business Journal
American Airlines has in recent years paid a lot of attention to one small but useful aspect of long-haul travel — the amenity kit. On Feb. 15, the world's largest ...
- Southwest Airlines Just 'Threatened to Fire Some of Its Employees.' The Reason Why Is Troubling Inc.
Few airlines have surely encountered something quite like this before.
- JD Sports removes Scotland kit photo after sexism row BBC News
A father-of-two had complained about the image used on the JD Sports website to sell the new Scotland top.
- Folio Media Kit - Folio: Folio Magazine
Our Engaged Audience of Decision-Makers. Total Audience:* 632,054 Decision Makers. *Combined online/email/social media audience ...
- Beloved storyteller and Springfield businessman Kit Carson died Monday Springfield News-Leader
'Springfield has lost a legend': Friends and family lament the death of Kit Carson, a master storyteller, engineer and businessman.
- The CEO of Delta Air Lines Just Went on LinkedIn and Made a Truly Stunning Confession Inc.
When you sit down and talk frankly, it's really interesting what people sometimes say.
- Honda Just Admitted That 106683 Of Its Newer Vehicles Can Catch Fire For the Most Insane Reason Inc.
Absurdly Driven looks at the world of business with a skeptical eye and a firmly rooted tongue in cheek. When you buy a car, you expect that it's a reasonably ...
- Oversold flights, the safety of breast implants and self-checkouts: CBC's Marketplace consumer cheat sheet CBC News
CBC's Marketplace rounds up the consumer and health news you need from the week, including our investigation into the latest method of choice for hackers, ...
- Want to Raise Successful Kids? A Fascinating 30-Year Study Says Doing This at Age 6 Means They'll Make More Money as Adults Inc.
Researchers studied almost 1000 kindergartners, and looked at how much money they made 30 years later.
- A Survival Kit for the City of London | by Barry Eichengreen Project Syndicate
Edouard-François de Lencquesaing, the president of the European Institute of Financial Regulation, recently dismissed London's post-Brexit prospects as a ...
- One Of The Biggest At-Home DNA Testing Companies Is Working With The FBI BuzzFeed News
Family Tree DNA, one of the largest private genetic testing companies whose home-testing kits enable people to trace their ancestry and locate relatives, ...
- Ranking Every Premier League Club by Their Shirt Sponsor Deals 90min
Sponsorship money in the Premier League is one of the most lucrative deals in the sporting industry. Clubs make millions from the companies that pay to put ...
- Meal Kit Delivery Services Market Industry Analysis and Opportunities Assessment, Product Types and Application, Regional Outlook, Leading Players During the Forecast Per - Press Release Digital Journal
Customer's Satisfaction: Our expert team will assist with all your research needs and customize the report.
- A Brexit survival kit for City of London Gulf Times
Only now, as we approach the third anniversary of the United Kingdom's referendum on membership in the European Union, are the implications of leaving the ...
- Huawei Crackdown Exposes Europe as Laggard in Global 5G Race Bloomberg
When U.K. Prime Minister Theresa May flew to China last February looking for business deals to cushion the fallout from Brexit, Huawei Technologies Co.
- I Went To Starbucks and 2 Self-Righteous Businessmen Completely Ruined My Breakfast Inc.
Is this sort of behavior really supposed to be OK now?
- Motorcycle Care Kit Market Development Trends, Key Manufacturers and Competitive Analysis 2019-2025 Crypto News Today
Motorcycle Care Kit Market Report cover definite aggressive standpoint including the piece of the overall industry and profiles of the key members working in the ...
- Ovulation Test Kit Market 2019-2025: Marketing Channels, Sales Volume and Growth Rate Forecast to 2025 Times Ohio
Ovulation Test Kit Market report delivers in-depth overview of Ovulation Test Kit market competition analysing, production technology, top-vendors, cost, gross ...
- Newcastle Jets new strip looks similar to Crystal Palace strip Newcastle Herald
Sky Sports in the UK has poked a bit of fun at the Newcastle Jets' new home and away kit for its remarkable similarities to English Premier League side Crystal ...
- Chick-fil-A is experimenting with the meal kit business WHNT News 19
ATLANTA -- Chick-fil-A is dipping into the meal kit business. The fast food chain announced on Monday that it will test a meal kit *service* from late August through ...
- These are the most popular items being marketed by some of Amazon's top-selling influencers Business Insider
Amazon has a program that allows social media influencers to earn cash by promoting Amazon products. Here's some of what they're selling.
- Blue Apron: What's Killing The Iconic Meal-Kit Company? Forbes Now
Blue Apron's latest earnings proves that the demise of the meal-kit company Chef'd wasn't an isolated incident. As losses widen at Blue Apron, can anything ...
- Demise Of Chef'd Points To Stark Choice For Meal-Kit Companies: Get Acquired, Or Die Forbes
Meal-kit company Chef'd announced on Monday that it was suspending operations effective immediately. Founder and CEO Kyle Ransford made the ...
- Tart's free-form, rustic galettes make family-friendly frozen meals Madison.com
Tart makes open-top galettes with fillings from butternut squash to sweet pears and pecans. Everything is sold frozen with baking instructions on the back.
- The Messy Business of Selling Meal Kits The Wall Street Journal
Meal kits may make cooking easier, but getting a box of pre-portioned ingredients and instructions to a customer's door is one of the most complicated logistics ...
- People like meal kits, but their business model is unsustainable MarketWatch
Meal-kit companies like Blue Apron are struggling to make a profit in an increasingly crowded playing field.
- Now you can eat Chick-fil-A on a Sunday — with a catch, you have to cook it Ledger-Enquirer
Chick-fil-A restaurants in Atlanta will offer Mealtime Kits starting Aug. 27, 2018, packages of preportioned ingredients prepped to cook at home, similar to online ...
- Canadian Meal Kit Company Fresh Prep Raises $3.3M The Spoon
*Fresh* Prep, a Vancouver, Canada-based meal kit company, has raised $3.3 million ($2.47 USD) led by First West Capital, according to Betakit. This is the first ...
- Google's Waymo risks repeating Silicon Valley's most famous blunder Ars Technica
Everyone in Silicon Valley knows the story of Xerox inventing the modern personal computer in the 1970s and then failing to commercialize it effectively. Yet one ...
- New book captures stories of 10 of Singapore's well-known family restaurants The Straits Times
The stories of 10 well-known family-run restaurants in Singapore, some dating back to the 1920s, are featured in a new book called Delicious Heirlooms.
- 'Shark Tank': Why Mark Cuban invested 6 figures in this father and son's 'manscaping' business CNBC
A father-son duo won over Mark Cuban and Lori Greiner on "Shark Tank" pitching Manscaped, which sells below-the-waist grooming and hygeine products for ...
- Meal kit company Blue Apron pins hopes on pair-up with WW, formerly Weight Watchers Chicago Tribune
Blue Apron has a New Year's resolution: sell healthier meals, and get more customers. This week, Blue Apron launched home-delivered meal kits with WW ...
- Global A Type Streptococcus Rapid Test Kit Market 2019: Quidel, Concile GmbH, EKF Diagnostics, Hologic, LifeSign PBM, AccuBioTech Honest Version
Global A Type Streptococcus Rapid Test Kit Market has been blooming since last decade and simultaneously bolstering economic stability, stimulating progress ...
- What's In Your Startup Survival Kit For 2019? Seven Entrepreneurs Share The Contents Of Theirs Forbes
With major events like Brexit on the horizon, 2019 could turn out to be a rocky ride for entrepreneurs. Here seven share the secrets of what's in their startup ...
- Planning to give 23andMe or AncestryDNA kits as gifts? Read this first. Chicago Tribune
This holiday season, Nicole Gemmato hopes to settle a long-running family feud, once and for all. What is her family's heritage? Is her family Irish, Swedish, ...
- California Wildfires: how to make a go bag, emergency kit Business Insider
If you live in an area at risk of wildfires, make sure to prepare an emergency kit in case you need to evacuate.
- 'GMA' Deals and Steals: Exclusive deals on viewer favorites ABC News
Tory Johnson has exclusive "Deals and Steals" on "GMA" viewers' favorite items. Score big savings on everything from Bombas socks to Corkcicle drinkware, ...
- Fundamentals: How this meal kit company went from almost shutting down to cooking up almost $30 million in funding MarketWatch
This is the latest piece in a series about the nitty gritty of entrepreneurship, for which Moneyish asks tried-and-tested founders of successful startups how they got ...
- In Japan, the Kit Kat Isn't Just a Chocolate. It's an Obsession. The New York Times
The story of how Kit Kats, once a British chocolate export, became a booming business from Hokkaido to Tokyo — and changed expectations about what a ...
- Exclusive: Walmart Partners with Meal Kit Company Gobble Fortune
The startup, backed by Reddit founder Alexis Ohanian, will sell its products on Walmart's website beginning Monday.
- The Meal-Kit Company HelloFresh Buys Green Chef Inc.
The German meal-kit company HelloFresh has agreed to acquire Boulder, Colorado-based Green Chef. Terms of the agreement were not disclosed, but ...
- HelloFresh to acquire Canadian meal kit company | 2018-10-22 Food Business News
TORONTO — HelloFresh, a meal kit company with operations in 11 countries, is expanding its reach with the acquisition of Chefs Plate Inc., Etobicoke, Ont.
- You can now get Blue Apron for under $1 — not the meal kit, but the company's stock CNBC
Shares of meal-kit delivery *service* Blue Apron fell below $1 this week for the first time, entering a realm few 'unicorn' IPOs ever want to visit: penny stock territory.
- 'You give everything you have, running around like a lunatic, and I’m still doing that at nearly 70' The42
National team kit man and former League of Ireland star Mick Lawlor reflects on his football career.
- Leaked documents reveal Sidewalk Labs wants a lot more than Quayside BetaKit
According files leaked to the Toronto Star yesterday, Sidewalk Labs is looking to redevelop 350 acres in the Port Lands area, nearly 30 times larger than their ...
- New craft kit business makes DIY easy Channel3000.com - WISC-TV3
Melanie Gehrke's house is a gallery of finished projects created from do-it-yourself craft kits she assembles herself. Walking through her Madison home, you'll ...
- Educational Play Kit Company Osmo Sold to India's Edtech Firm Byju's for $120M Xconomy
Byju's, an edtech company based in India that claims a $3.6 billion valuation based on its sales success there, announced it has acquired Palo Alto,
- 'I bought my mum a flat just by renting out my camera kit' BBC News
How peer-to-peer (P2P) platforms are overcoming trust issues to help us make cash from our stuff.
- Why grocery stores will win the meal kit wars CNN
Meal prep kits were supposed to make the supermarket obsolete. The opposite has proven true. Now the companies that make the kits may need to partner with ...
- Minneapolis Meal Kit Co. Local Crate Launches Partnerships with Kowalski's, Food52 Twin Cities Business Magazine
Local Crate is closing out the year on a high note. The Minneapolis-based meal kit company has announced two new partnerships: with Kowalski's and the ...
- Hello Fresh: The World's Most Ruthless Food Startup Inc.com
HelloFresh blew past 100 competitors to become the No. 1 meal-kit company on the planet. The German startup is winning--but not by playing nice.
- Gobble, the meal kit service with an 'army of chefs' ready to feed your family for $24 per box CNBC
Gobble, a meal preparation *service* that's part of the growing category of food kits, promises to "make cooking easy for busy families," founder and CEO Ooshma ...
- Newport Beach investment firm buys defunct meal kit company Chef'd Los Angeles Times
Meal kit delivery *service* Chef'd shut down this month. Now its assets have been acquired by True Food Innovations, a Newport Beach company that has its own ...
- Entrepreneur Won’t Let Eco-Opportunity Go to Waste NBC 7 San Diego
Last year after a holiday dinner, Marina Qutab's father asked her what she hopes her legacy would be. She shared with him her dream of launching a zero-waste ...
- Kroger Buys Meal-Kit Company Home Chef in Latest Online Acquisition The Wall Street Journal
Kroger is buying Home Chef, the largest private meal-kit company in the U.S. by sales, its second deal in as many weeks aimed at bolstering the supermarket ...
- US meal-kit business Chef'd ceases operations just-food.com
US meal-kit business Chef'd has closed down. related to Chilled foods, Multichannel,
- Meal-kit maker Chef'd went belly up, but its brand lives on — with a strategy that shows where the industry is Los Angeles Times
Online meal-kit companies such as Blue Apron used to seem headed for one of two fates: They'd either revolutionize the food industry, eviscerating grocery ...
- Meal kit players adapt to changing market Supermarket News
Robust growth in the meal kit delivery market will come as the main players continually fine-tune their offerings to consumer preferences, according to a study by ...
- Luxury bike wear company Kit and Ace parts ways with Lululemon founders Financial Post
Shannon and J.J. Wilson — the wife and son of Lululemon founder Chip Wilson — are no longer involved in the company that they created in 2014.
- Kroger, Home Chef launch first-of-its-kind meal kit program Cincinnati Business Courier
Kroger Co. and its newly acquired meal kit company Home Chef have announced the launch of an industry-first meal kit offering in select Kroger stores.
- Walmart Partners With Meal Kit Company Gobble Entrepreneur
Walmart has partnered with the meal kit delivery company, Gobble. Gobble's meal kit dishes can be prepared in 15 minutes or less and require only one pan.
- Source, Package, Market, and Deliver Your Own Meal Kit Wall Street Journal
Can you make the right decisions to build a successful meal kit company?
- Sears Stores Are Going Away, But The Company's 'Kit Houses' Live On Texas Standard
In the early 20th century, you could buy a complete house from the Sears-Roebuck catalog, complete with instructions for assembling it yourself. Texas Standard
- Presto Eats May Be the Most On-Trend Meal Kit Company Yet. But Will It Succeed? The Spoon
Whenever I get word about a new meal kit company, it's hard not to be immediately skeptical. It's no secret that meal kits are struggling: Chef'd surprised ...
- Made in Georgia: Meal kit company looks to help Atlanta farmers Atlanta Journal Constitution
Lots of people are thinking about the future of dinner in America. One of them is Judith Winfrey, president of 5-year-old PeachDish, an Atlanta-based meal kit ...
- House kits, drugs and drills: All the ways Sears was Amazon before Amazon MarketWatch
It appears imminent that Sears has been done in by an Amazon that's disrupting retail in much the way Sears once did.
- HelloFresh eyes bigger slice of Canadian meal kit market Supermarket News
With its acquisition of Chefs Plate, HelloFresh aims to become Canada's market leader in meal kits. Toronto-based HelloFresh Canada said it expects to garner ...
- Some of the most popular DNA kits are on sale right for Black Friday at their lowest prices ever — here's a quick break down of each one Business Insider
The Insider Picks team writes about stuff we think you'll like. Business Insider has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase.
- HTC Debuts Vive Pro Virtual Reality Kit in Big Business Push Fortune
HTC debuted its next-generation version of its virtual reality bundle, Vive Pro 2.0 Kit, which is intended for businesses and costs $1399.
- One way Blue Apron is looking to turn itself around in 2019 The Washington Post
Blue Apron has a New Year's resolution: sell healthier meals, and get more customers. This week, Blue Apron launched home-delivered meal kits with WW ...
- This $69 Star Wars-themed droid inventor kit is a STEM toy parents like me can really get behind — and my kids love it Business Insider
The Star Wars Droid Inventor Kit by littleBits aims to get kids excited about science and technology with this robot kids can engineer themselves.
- Meal-Kit Solutions Lack One Key Ingredient: Human-Centered Design Forbes Now
Meal-kit solutions, despite their fanfare, are struggling because they forget one important element: the principles of human-centered design. Instead of solving ...
- I tried out a new test that tells you if a roofie was slipped into your drink — here's how it works Business Insider
A first-of-its-kind date rape drug testing kit lets you test a drink to make sure no pschoactive benzodiazepine drugs — like Xanax, Valium, Lenapain, and ...
- Aly Raisman teams up with Needham meal-kit company Purple Carrot The Boston Globe
Needham-based Purple Carrot, a meal-kit company that specializes in plant-based foods, has partnered with a hometown hero: Olympic gold medalist Aly ...
- The best at-home waxing kits you can buy Business Insider
Waxing kits make it easy to remove unwanted body hair in the privacy of your own home. We've rounded up the best waxing kits for home use, including ...
- Study: Behind the Scenes, Meal Kit Makers Not as Innovative as Their Products The Spoon
Much is written nowadays about meal kits, an industry that's had its fair share of ups and downs in the last few years. Less talked about is what goes on behind ...
- Don't Blame Amazon for Blue Apron's Debacle The Motley Fool
The e-commerce giant has had little practical impact on the meal kit company's misfortunes.
- The best meal kit delivery services we've tried Business Insider
Meal kits come with everything you need to make a great meal. We tested several meal kit delivery services to find the best ones you can subscribe to.
- I tried one of Chick-fil-A's new meal kits, and I have good news and bad news Inforum
Why would anyone go to Chick-fil-A for a meal kit? The brand, taking its first dip into the chaotic meal kit business next week, seems to be banking on the idea ...
- Thistle Says Discipline Key To Meal Kit Success PYMNTS.com
The meal delivery subscription business, according to Thistle CEO Ashwin Cheriyan, is that it is actually three businesses: food, logistics and technology.
- Amazon's purchase of Whole Foods flipped the meal-kit industry upside down; celebrity spokesmodels, football stars help sell vegan dinners CNBC
It's been just over a year since Amazon bought Whole Foods Market, and it's already upended the market for *fresh* prepared meal delivery. Amazon's reputation ...
- Sears Kit Homes: How bungalows in a box changed housing Curbed
These mail-order dwellings democratized homebuying, one kit at a time.
- Investors Are Craving Food Delivery Companies The Wall Street Journal
Restaurant and grocery delivery companies are the latest feeding frenzy for investors, who are betting that appetites for food brought to homes and workplaces ...
- The Surprising Rewards of Meal Kits Wall Street Journal
Purists may scoff and the dishes are hardly perfect, but with the shopping and measuring done for you, cooking becomes serene instead of a slog.