Greo is a mobile video platform designed to enhance millennials’ online conversation. They came together with the mission of building technologies that empower everyone to discover, create, and exchange meaningful ideas to awaken a more just world. Under today’s political climate, a lot of our focus has shifted to spaces, to building an online community that crowd sources knowledge and empathy, and advances both conversation and action. Their goal is to build for the people that are often left forgotten when designing for innovation.
Greo is the place to talk culture and current events, all through short videos. Create short, engaging videos with ease and the community will respond with their own short video opinions.
- Key Takeaway Points and Lessons Learned from QCon London 2019 InfoQ.com
QCon returned to London this past March for its thirteenth year in the city, attracting 1500 senior developers, architects, and team leads.
- How To Get Rid of Unwanted Apps or Bloatware from Your Mobile Moneylife
While Android is the operating system (OS) of choice for a majority of mobile users and manufacturers, unfortunately, very few handsets come with core Android.
- DealBook Briefing: Finance Titans Indicted in College Admissions Scandal The New York Times
Federal prosecutors accused financial heavyweights like Bill McGlashan and Gordon Caplan of paying to get their kids into college through fraud.
- Help Using GREP to format listings for program - InDesignSecrets InDesignSecrets
Hello: I am very familiar with InDesign, but new to GREP. I have a list of names that I am pulling in from an Excel spreadsheet that is tab delimated and they will ...
- Genius techie Brandon Hill wants to build a Wakanda Rolling Out
Brandon Hill is a determined young man who strives to impact the world around him. He co-founded Greo, a tech startup company to empower youth.
- All the companies from Y Combinator’s Summer 2017 Demo Day (Day 2) TechCrunch
Y Combinator is not just the most prestigious accelerator out there, it's also the largest. And so, as has been the case for the past several years, there were too ...
- NSE – The whole co-location based trading is illegal PGurus
Has SEBI weighed the consequences of handing down small fines in the co-location scam that is alleged to have netted between 50000-75000 crores?
- Markets shaken by Fed's symmetric path, says expert CNBC
Discussing the state of the markets and U.S. economy with Kevin Divney, Russell Investments; Michelle Girard, NatWest Markets; and Grep Ip, Wall Street ...
- Git 2.19 Improves Diff, Branch, Grep, and More InfoQ.com
The latest release of Git brings a wealth of new features and internal changes, including improved diff, branch and grep, better command line completion, a new ...
- GitHub launches Actions, its workflow automation tool TechCrunch
For the longest time, GitHub was all about storing source code and sharing it either with the rest of the world or your colleagues. Today, the company, which is in ...
- 23 Bay Area YC startups pitched Tuesday, including 2 aimed at tackling political rifts Silicon Valley Business Journal
Here are the 23 Bay Area startups from Y Combinator's summer batch who pitched to investors on Day 2 of the Mountain View accelerators semi-annual Demo ...
- GrammaTech Adds Real World Benchmarks to SWAMP PRNewswire
ITHACA, N.Y., Jan. 31, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Software development and quality managers that are looking to measure the benefit of static analysis now have a ...
- Silicon Valley stocks, led by FAANGs, fall sharply as Wall Street turns negative for the year Silicon Valley Business Journal
Wall Street wiped out all of its gains for the year on Wednesday in the latest tremble to run through the U.S. stock market.
- Using nmap on your home network Network World
While nmap is generally used to probe business networks and perform security reviews, the tool can also provide interesting details on your systems and ...
- Transfer.sh is an instant sharing tool for programmers TechCrunch
File sharing tools are a dime a dozen these days. There's Dropbox, Google Drive, and iCloud. But what if you want to share something quickly and easily from ...
- How much memory is installed and being used on your Linux systems? Network World
There are numerous ways to get information on the memory installed on Linux systems and view how much of that memory is being used. Some commands ...
- Examining partitions on Linux systems Network World
Linux systems provide many ways to look at disk partitions. In this post, we'll look at a series of commands, each which shows useful information but in a different ...
- How Checkly Achieves Zero Downtime Deployments with Terraform InfoQ.com
Checkly, a monitoring tool that validates the correctness of API endpoints and browser click flows, shared their experience of using Terraform to achieve zero ...
- Secular Stagnation Continues Dollars & Sense
Dollars and Sense magazine and textbooks provide analysis and opinion on economic policy and politics from a progressive political perspective.
- 3rd Chinese Business Networking Event Khmer Times
The 3rd Chinese Business Networking Event is happening on the 18th of August 2018, Saturday, at The Great Duke Phnom Penh (InterContinental Phnom ...
- Port Richmond woman charged with killing her brother following argument Philly.com
A 23-year-old woman has been charged with stabbing her brother to death after an argument at their home in Port Richmond on Tuesday, according to police.
- New Git Submodule Vulnerability Patched InfoQ.com
The Git community has disclosed a security vulnerability affecting the clone and submodule commands that could enable remote code execution when ...
- Infrastructure Engineer - Ascent RegTech Built In Chicago
Ascent RegTech is hiring for a Infrastructure Engineer in Chicago. Find more details about the job and how to apply at Built In Chicago.
- The weekly wrap: AT&T, Conagra, Twitter | Mergers & Acquisitions Mergers & Acquisitions
AT&T buys AppNexus; Conagra acquires Pinnacle foods; Twitter purchases Smyte.
- How to list repositories on Linux Network World
Use these commands to get insights on repositories that contain OS updates and applications and how that information is stored on your system.
- Seeds of another crisis are out there growing: WSJ's Greg Ip CNBC
On the tenth anniversary of the Bear Stearns bailout, Kate Kelly, New York Times, and Grep Ip, Wall Street Journal, discuss the likelihood we'll see another crisis ...
- How to query your Linux system kernel Network World
How much can your Linux system tell you about the kernel it's running and what commands are available to help you ask? Let's run through some of them.
- AI in Big Data and Business Analytics is Striding Ahead The Tech Panda
While AI and machine learning have been around for a while now, their recent advancements have been increasing at unprecedented rates and with this level of ...
- Hungarian oligarchs expand to Slovakia The Slovak Spectator
Hungarian firms investigated by EU's anti-fraud office try to do business in Slovakia.
- Muscogee County School District hires its first police chief Columbus Ledger-Enquirer
Ten months after the Muscogee County School Board voted to establish a police agency in the Muscogee County School District, the board has hired the person ...
- Pioneers in Open Source--Eren Niazi, Part I: the Start of a Movement and the Open-Source Revolution Redefining the Data Center Linux Journal
The name may not be a familiar one to everyone, but Eren Niazi can be credited with laying the foundation and paving the way to the many software-defined and ...
- Automating Your Java Project Workflow with a Modified Gitflow Branching Model InfoQ.com
Gitflow is a collaborative branching model that exploits the power, speed and simplicity of Git branching. This article provides a flavor of Gitflow that can be used ...
- Git 2.20 Brings Improved Workflows and Performance InfoQ.com
Git 2.20 brings a wealth of changes and fixes, including improved cloning, fetching, grepping, etc. In addition, it now requires Vista on the Windows platform.
- Rust programming language: Seven reasons why you should learn it in 2019 TechRepublic
Rust is a programming language that offers the performance of C and C++ but with safeguards to stop developers shooting themselves in the foot.
- The Open Revolution, book review: Ownership in the digital age ZDNet
Today's digital economy should be more open and equitable, says Rufus Pollock, rather than closed and at the mercy of 'digital dictators'.
- InDesign How-to Video: How to Work With Multiple Page Sizes in One Document - InDesignSecrets.com InDesignSecrets
In this week's InDesignSecrets video, Anne-Marie Concepción shows us how to work with multiple page sizes within a single InDesign document. She explains ...
- First police chief in MCSD history on track to being hired. Here’s his background. Columbus Ledger-Enquirer
Ten months after the Muscogee County School Board voted to establish a police agency in the Muscogee County School District, superintendent David Lewis ...
- Sitting in the Linux cockpit Network World
Linux Cockpit is a web-based interface that provides graphical administrative access to a system. Here's a look at what it allows you to control.
- Don't Do It: Disabling SELinux Electronic Design
Implementing SELinux can definitely improve the security of a system—but only if you actually use it.
- Lennar Corp. and Codina Partners sell part of Downtown Doral to Greystar - South Florida South Florida Business Journal
The buyer obtained a $51.5 million construction loan.
- What Is Windows PowerShell (And Could It Be Malicious)? Security Boulevard
How can PowerShell impact your business's valuable assets? Learn the basics of PowerShell, why it's attractive to hackers & how to protect the enterprise.
- Guru: DB2 For i XML Composition And The IFS IT Jungle
Hey, Mike! Regarding Composing An XML Document From Relational Data, Part 1, I have built an XML document using DB2 and i. When I run the query, I get a ...
- Zipping files on Linux: the many variations and how to use them Network World
Some of us have been zipping files on Unix and Linux systems for many decades — to save some disk space and package files together for archiving. Even so ...
- Taking System Monitoring to the Next Level: an Interview with Scalyr CEO Steve Newman Linux Journal
As computing ecosystems become more complex, monitoring and analyzing those often disconnected moving parts becomes increasingly challenging. Today's ...
- 18 things you should know about using Linux tools in Windows 10 CIO
Windows 10 can now run (many) Linux binaries. Yes, really. Here's what you need to know to make the most of the Windows Subsystem for Linux.
- Telling stories using rhythmic gesture helps children improve their oral skills Science Daily
For the first time it has been shown that a brief training session with rhythmic gestures has immediate benefits for narrative discourse in children of 5 and 6 years ...
- Berks audiologist offers sound advice to save your hearing Reading Eagle
Protect your ears from summer noises like loud concerts or lawnmowers, says Dr. Mindy Brudereck.
- Lebanon County real estate transactions Lebanon Daily News
The following real estate transfers were recorded recently in Lebanon County: Lebanon. Cynthia Bankowitz, James E. Reifsnyder Dawn L. Wolfe, to Kevin Durr ...
- Gail (India) rating ‘buy’: Facing challenges in short term The Financial Express
Adverse situation may be reversed; outlook remains strong over the medium term; 'Buy' maintained.
- Service Ownership @Slack InfoQ.com
Holly Allen talks about the bumps and scrapes, triumphs and pitfalls of Slack's journey from a centralized ops team to development teams that own the full ...
- No tax increase for Berks County residents in proposed budget 69News WFMZ-TV
READING, Pa. - The county's proposed 2019 budget with a tax rate of 7.657 mills does not include a property tax increase for taxpayers. Berks County's Chief ...
- 10 ways to use grep to search files in Linux TechRepublic
The grep command is a powerful tool for searching for files or information. Learn some strategies for using it effectively.
- Hands-on with MX Linux: A pleasant, easy-to-install Linux distribution ZDNet
MX Linux is a descendant/spin-off from Antix and MEPIS Linux. I want to see what it is like to install and run on both UEFI and MBR laptops.
- Linux commands for measuring disk activity Network World
Linux distributions provide quite a few useful commands for gauging disk activity. In this post, we'll look at some handy commands and useful options.
- 5 tricks for using the sudo command Network World
Some helpful hints for using sudo — the command that allows admins to administer user system privileges.
- Top cities South Africans should invest in Independent Online
A Global Real Estate Report revealed that there are promising spots for property investment.
- How to use locate and grep to find files on a Linux (or OS X) system Computerworld
Linux has powerful tools to help you quickly and efficiently retrieve a file. This free PDF download will show you how to use two of the most useful ones.
- Greystar, Carlyle Group break ground on 22-story apartment tower South Florida Business Journal
Greystar and the Carlyle Group broke ground on the Overture Dadeland age-restricted apartment tower in Miami-Dade County after securing a $64.07 million ...
- READ: Ted Lieu Tweets 'Let Me Ask White House Senior Advisor @IvankaTrump About Trump Tower Moscow. Oh Wait, She Blocked Me...' READ: Ted Lieu Tweets 'Let Me Ask White House Senior Advisor @IvankaTrump About Trump Tower Moscow. Oh Wait, She Blocked Me...' Second Nexus
More than a year after Ivanka Trump blocked Congressman Ted Lieu (D-CA) on Twitter, Lieu is firing warning shots about the legal perils facing Ms. Trump once ...
- Local wineries win awards at 23rd annual Northwest Wine Summit The Spokesman-Review
The competition includes wines, ciders, sake and spirits produced in the Pacific Northwest, specifically Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington, Wyoming, ...
- Meeting the automation challenge to the middle class and the American project Brookings Institution
Robert Litan looks at how automation will affect the upward mobility of the American middle class.
- How to delete a file that macOS says is in use Macworld
Sometimes macOS tries to help you by not letting you carry out actions that would break the system or software you're using. There are extra levels of warnings ...
- F***=off, Google tells its staff: Any mention of nookie now banned from internal files, URLs The Register
Googlers must clean up their language at work as the ads giant is being anal about references to, ahem, carnal knowledge in internal web links and documents.
- Linux tricks that can save you time and trouble Network World
Good Linux command line tricks don't only save you time and trouble. They also help you remember and reuse complex commands, making it easier for you to ...
- How to find files in Linux with grep: 10 examples (free PDF) TechRepublic
The grep command is a handy, reliable tool for searching for files or information. This tutorial illustrates 10 ways to take advantage of...
- Even By Our Awful Standards, Americans Have Basically Stopped Saving Money Slate
If you—like me— are a natural pessimist about the economy, now is sort of an eerie time. Overall, things seem good. Growth is solid. Unemployment is low.
- Working with calendars on Linux Network World
With calendars on Linux, you can get more than just reminders of what day it is. Commands such as date, cal, ncal and calendar provide helpful information.
- How to create a custom Ubuntu ISO with Cubic TechRepublic
If you're looking to build a custom Linux disk image that's based on Ubuntu, Cubic makes it easy. Here's what you need to know.
- Securing Jenkins: Active Directory and LDAP Services in a Jenkins Environment Security Boulevard
The Jenkins automation server is widely considered the de-facto standard in open source continuous integration tools. It offers a wealth of integration ...
- Linux control sequence tricks Network World
There are a lot of control sequences available on Linux systems -- maybe even some you've never used.
- Is implementing and managing Linux applications becoming a snap? Network World
Quick to install, safe to run, easy to update, and dramatically easier to maintain and support, snaps represent a big step forward in Linux software development ...
- The Conversation: James P. Cinelli Reading Eagle
Residence: Wyomissing. Education: Bachelor of Science in civil engineering from Lehigh University, a master of engineering degree in environmental ...
- Using ADB Logcat to Debug Unity Application Start Up Times Gamasutra
How to debug Unity build start up time on the Android platform with adb.
- Key skills you need to grab a machine learning job in 2019 TechGenix
Looking for a hot career in 2019? You can get a machine learning job by honing a few specific skills. Here's a road map to success.
- Getting to Know Graal, the New Java JIT Compiler InfoQ.com
Oracle have released Graal, which is both a new JIT compiler for Java and a major component in their next-generation polyglot virtual machine, GraalVM.
- SSD Advisory – QRadar Remote Command Execution Security Boulevard
Vulnerability Summary Multiple vulnerabilities in QRadar allow a remote unauthenticated attackers to cause the product to execute arbitrary commands.
- How to create your own cold hardware wallet Bankless Times
Today, the usage of public hardware wallets is really unsafe. Hackers can get access to your money when you update software, download the wallet on your PC, ...
- Conquering Caffeinated Amazon Athena with the metis Trio of Packages Security Boulevard
I must preface this post with the posit that if you're doing anything interactive() with Amazon Athena you should seriously consider just using their free ODBC ...
- Randy Peers marks one year at the helm at Greater Reading Chamber Alliance Reading Eagle
President and CEO of the GRCA gets good reviews from business leaders.
- What is a default gateway? IT PRO
Want to know what a default gateway is and how to find its IP address? Read on...
- What We Learned Analyzing 281 Full Sales Cycles (1,183 Emails & Voicemails) Business 2 Community
Every SaaS company pours mountains of resources into building a sales team, creating efficient sales processes, and optimizing sales emails. That's because ...
- Our Right To Repair Depends On A Minimally Viable Laptop Hackaday
It's never been harder to repair your electronics. When the keyboard in your shiny new MacBook dies, you'll have to send it to a Genius. When the battery in your ...
- The Greatest Showman topped Amazon CD & vinyl sales in April, 2018 Thinknum Media
There once was a time that Billboard record sales charts meant something. It reflected the actual records (or cassettes, or CDs) that people were buying from ...
- Haiku Could Change the World – OSnews OS News
To understand what the BeOS and Haiku operating systems are, we first must remember that BeOS was developed with the multimedia user in mind.
- How to use the motd file to get Linux users to pay attention Network World
Configuring login messages on Linux servers is more complex and dynamic. Let's look at the message of the day setup on an Ubuntu server to decipher how the ...
- Berks County's top 25 employers Reading Eagle
Overall, 14 of Berks County's top 25 companies added jobs in 2015, according to numbers compiled by Business Weekly.
- 5 Simple Tips to Secure Your Website from Hackers Small Business Trends
Each passing day brings with it news of a brand new leak of personal information over the Internet. Be it credit card information belonging to millions of users or ...
- Linux Fu: Keep an Eye on that File Hackaday
One of the things that's nice about Linux or Unix compared to many other operating systems is there's a good chance a Linux program will spew out ...
- GAIL (INDIA) rated buy; Impending tariff hike will aid earnings The Financial Express
A hike of 40-50% in HVJ tariff looks likely; it will provide an upside of 7-11% to FY20F EPS and fair value.
- How to use logger on Linux Network World
The Linux logger command provides an easy way to add log files to /var/log/syslog — from the command line, from scripts, or from other files. In today's post ...
- Managing users on Linux systems Network World
Some tasks and tools to manage user accounts and keep your Linux users happy.
- The State of Java Serialization InfoQ.com
Java serialization has garnered several years' worth of security exploits and 0-day attacks. We discuss the current state of the technology and what can be done ...
- How to use DNS over TLS on Ubuntu Linux TechRepublic
Jack Wallen shows you how to migrate to DNS over TLS on the Ubuntu Linux desktop.
- Buy GAIL (India), target Rs 406: HDFC Securities Economic Times
HDFC Securities has a buy call on GAIL (India) with a target price of Rs 406. The current market price of GAIL (India) is Rs 339.25. Time period given by the ...
- How to display data in a human-friendly way on Linux Network World
Many Linux commands now have options to make their output a little easier to digest. Here's a look at some that bring out the friendliness of our favorite ...
- Blacklisting modules on Linux Network World
The Linux kernel is modular — composed of modules that work together but are largely independent of each other. New functionality can be added when a ...
- How to install a Kubernetes cluster on CentOS 7 TechRepublic
Jack Wallen walks you through the process of installing a Kubernetes cluster on the enterprise-friendly CentOS 7 server platform.
- Latest IBM i TRs To Ship Next Month IT Jungle
IBM unveiled a pair of out-of-bound technology refreshes (TRs) for the IBM i operating system last week. In addition to supporting the new Power Systems E980 ...
- Jason Kidd Firing Epitomizes Disrespect For Young Black NBA Coaches | The Shadow League The Shadow League
When a coach gets fired, it usually has to do with wins and losses. For African-American coaches, those wins and losses better come quickly and in bunches.
- Git v2.20.0 released with improved Git clone process, packfiles consolidation, and more Packt Hub
Last week, the team at GitHub released Git v2.20.0, a free and open source distributed version control system that tracks changes in computer files and ...