Greo is a mobile video platform designed to enhance millennials’ online conversation. They came together with the mission of building technologies that empower everyone to discover, create, and exchange meaningful ideas to awaken a more just world. Under today’s political climate, a lot of our focus has shifted to spaces, to building an online community that crowd sources knowledge and empathy, and advances both conversation and action. Their goal is to build for the people that are often left forgotten when designing for innovation.
Greo is the place to talk culture and current events, all through short videos. Create short, engaging videos with ease and the community will respond with their own short video opinions.
- Super Venture Partner™ IdeaPros Shares Valuable Insight on Naming Your Business Newswire
Choosing the right name for your business is a critical decision. Fail to pick the right name and your business could be negatively affected.
- Genius techie Brandon Hill wants to build a Wakanda Rolling Out
Brandon Hill is a determined young man who strives to impact the world around him. He co-founded Greo, a tech startup company to empower youth.
- All the companies from Y Combinator’s Summer 2017 Demo Day (Day 2) TechCrunch
Y Combinator is not just the most prestigious accelerator out there, it's also the largest. And so, as has been the case for the past several years, there were too ...
- 23 Bay Area YC startups pitched Tuesday, including 2 aimed at tackling political rifts Silicon Valley Business Journal
Here are the 23 Bay Area startups from Y Combinator's summer batch who pitched to investors on Day 2 of the Mountain View accelerators semi-annual Demo ...
- Git 2.19 Improves Diff, Branch, Grep, and More InfoQ.com
The latest release of Git brings a wealth of new features and internal changes, including improved diff, branch and grep, better command line completion, a new ...
- Hungarian oligarchs expand to Slovakia The Slovak Spectator
Hungarian firms investigated by EU's anti-fraud office try to do business in Slovakia.
- Markets shaken by Fed's symmetric path, says expert CNBC
Discussing the state of the markets and U.S. economy with Kevin Divney, Russell Investments; Michelle Girard, NatWest Markets; and Grep Ip, Wall Street ...
- GitHub launches Actions, its workflow automation tool TechCrunch
For the longest time, GitHub was all about storing source code and sharing it either with the rest of the world or your colleagues. Today, the company, which is in ...
- 3rd Chinese Business Networking Event Khmer Times
The 3rd Chinese Business Networking Event is happening on the 18th of August 2018, Saturday, at The Great Duke Phnom Penh (InterContinental Phnom ...
- Lennar Corp. and Codina Partners sell part of Downtown Doral to Greystar South Florida Business Journal
Codina Partners and Lennar Corp. sold land in their Downtown Doral South project for $13.57 million to an affiliate of Greystar, which will soon break ground on ...
- Examining partitions on Linux systems Network World
Linux systems provide many ways to look at disk partitions. In this post, we'll look at a series of commands, each which shows useful information but in a different ...
- Using nmap on your home network Network World
While nmap is generally used to probe business networks and perform security reviews, the tool can also provide interesting details on your systems and ...
- Local wineries win awards at 23rd annual Northwest Wine Summit The Spokesman-Review
The competition includes wines, ciders, sake and spirits produced in the Pacific Northwest, specifically Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington, Wyoming, ...
- No tax increase for Berks County residents in proposed budget 69News WFMZ-TV
The county's proposed 2019 budget with a tax rate of 7.657 mills does not include a property tax increase for taxpayers.
- Top cities South Africans should invest in Independent Online
A Global Real Estate Report revealed that there are promising spots for property investment.
- Transfer.sh is an instant sharing tool for programmers TechCrunch
File sharing tools are a dime a dozen these days. There's Dropbox, Google Drive, and iCloud. But what if you want to share something quickly and easily from ...
- How to list repositories on Linux Network World
Use these commands to get insights on repositories that contain OS updates and applications and how that information is stored on your system.
- Guru: DB2 For i XML Composition And The IFS IT Jungle
Hey, Mike! Regarding Composing An XML Document From Relational Data, Part 1, I have built an XML document using DB2 and i. When I run the query, I get a ...
- Pioneers in Open Source--Eren Niazi, Part I: the Start of a Movement and the Open-Source Revolution Redefining the Data Center Linux Journal
The name may not be a familiar one to everyone, but Eren Niazi can be credited with laying the foundation and paving the way to the many software-defined and ...
- Building Presentations in InDesign - InDesignSecrets.com InDesignSecrets
InDesign is a wonderful application that over the years has adapted to its users' many needs and desires. What was once a simple layout application for ...
- Berks audiologist offers sound advice to save your hearing Reading Eagle
Protect your ears from summer noises like loud concerts or lawnmowers, says Dr. Mindy Brudereck.
- Telling stories using rhythmic gesture helps children improve their oral skills Science Daily
For the first time it has been shown that a brief training session with rhythmic gestures has immediate benefits for narrative discourse in children of 5 and 6 years ...
- The weekly wrap: AT&T, Conagra, Twitter | Mergers & Acquisitions Mergers & Acquisitions
AT&T buys AppNexus; Conagra acquires Pinnacle foods; Twitter purchases Smyte.
- AI in Big Data and Business Analytics is Striding Ahead The Tech Panda
While AI and machine learning have been around for a while now, their recent advancements have been increasing at unprecedented rates and with this level of ...
- Seeds of another crisis are out there growing: WSJ's Greg Ip CNBC
On the tenth anniversary of the Bear Stearns bailout, Kate Kelly, New York Times, and Grep Ip, Wall Street Journal, discuss the likelihood we'll see another crisis ...
- The Conversation: James P. Cinelli Reading Eagle
Residence: Wyomissing. Education: Bachelor of Science in civil engineering from Lehigh University, a master of engineering degree in environmental ...
- How to query your Linux system kernel Network World
How much can your Linux system tell you about the kernel it's running and what commands are available to help you ask? Let's run through some of them.
- Out of school children: GREP promoting education among girls The Express Tribune
ISLAMABAD: Level of education is declining in Tarnol and Nilore areas of Islamabad particularly among girls of marginalised communities. There is a dire need ...
- Git 2.20 Brings Improved Workflows and Performance InfoQ.com
Git 2.20 brings a wealth of changes and fixes, including improved cloning, fetching, grepping, etc. In addition, it now requires Vista on the Windows platform.
- Gail (India) rating ‘buy’: Facing challenges in short term The Financial Express
Adverse situation may be reversed; outlook remains strong over the medium term; 'Buy' maintained.
- F***=off, Google tells its staff: Any mention of nookie now banned from internal files, URLs The Register
Googlers must clean up their language at work as the ads giant is being anal about references to, ahem, carnal knowledge in internal web links and documents.
- 10 ways to use grep to search files in Linux TechRepublic
The grep command is a powerful tool for searching for files or information. Learn some strategies for using it effectively.
- The Open Revolution, book review: Ownership in the digital age ZDNet
Today's digital economy should be more open and equitable, says Rufus Pollock, rather than closed and at the mercy of 'digital dictators'.
- Don't Do It: Disabling SELinux Electronic Design
Implementing SELinux can definitely improve the security of a system—but only if you actually use it.
- Linux commands for measuring disk activity Network World
Linux distributions provide quite a few useful commands for gauging disk activity. In this post, we'll look at some handy commands and useful options.
- How to Install MTGO on Linux & OSX Toolbox
It has been awhile since I've had time to write about anything technology related. With the release of Bodhi 5.0.0 though I should have some tech time to write ...
- Getting to Know Graal, the New Java JIT Compiler InfoQ.com
Oracle has released Graal, which is both a new JIT compiler for Java and a major component in their next-generation polyglot virtual machine, GraalVM.
- Trump Ups the Ante in the U.S.-China Trade War Fortune
President Trump raised the stakes in the U.S. trade war yet again yesterday by threatening to slap tariffs on more than $500 billion worth of imports from China.
- Lancaster County Police Log: Tuesday, Feb. 6, 2018 | Police Log LancasterOnline
COMPUTER CRIMES. MANOR TWP.: Alexandria Decicco, 26, of the 400 block of Pond Vista Lane, Manheim, was charged Jan. 29 with unlawful use of a ...
- Meeting the automation challenge to the middle class and the American project Brookings Institution
Robert Litan looks at how automation will affect the upward mobility of the American middle class.
- 5 tricks for using the sudo command Network World
Some helpful hints for using sudo — the command that allows admins to administer user system privileges.
- This Month in InDesign Articles, October 2018 - InDesignSecrets.com InDesignSecrets
News, tutorials, tips, and more from around the Web for InDesign users.
- Lebanon County real estate transactions Lebanon Daily News
The following real estate transfers were recorded recently in Lebanon County: Lebanon. Cynthia Bankowitz, James E. Reifsnyder Dawn L. Wolfe, to Kevin Durr ...
- Using ADB Logcat to Debug Unity Application Start Up Times Gamasutra
How to debug Unity build start up time on the Android platform with adb.
- Working with calendars on Linux Network World
With calendars on Linux, you can get more than just reminders of what day it is. Commands such as date, cal, ncal and calendar provide helpful information.
- Linux control sequence tricks Network World
There are a lot of control sequences available on Linux systems -- maybe even some you've never used.
- Google Project Zero to Linux distros: Your sluggish kernel patching puts users at risk ZDNet
Project Zero accuses Linux distributions of leaving users exposed to known kernel vulnerabilities for weeks.
- How to use the Linux dmesg command TechRepublic
The dmesg command can make it easier to troubleshoot your data center Linux servers. Jack Wallen explains how it works.
- How one man could have hacked every Mac developer (73% of them, anyway) Naked Security
Here's a cool fact: Macs run Unix. OK, in some ways that's only very loosely true, when you think of all the non-Unixy stuff on top of the Darwin base layer, and we ...
- GAIL (INDIA) rated buy; Impending tariff hike will aid earnings The Financial Express
A hike of 40-50% in HVJ tariff looks likely; it will provide an upside of 7-11% to FY20F EPS and fair value.
- Fashion Square, SeaWorld-area apartment complexes sell for combined $157M Orlando Business Journal
Orlando's strong fundamentals continue to spur investors to put money into Central Florida.
- Blacklisting modules on Linux Network World
The Linux kernel is modular — composed of modules that work together but are largely independent of each other. New functionality can be added when a ...
- InDesign How-to Video: How to Work With Multiple Page Sizes in One Document - InDesignSecrets.com InDesignSecrets
In this week's InDesignSecrets video, Anne-Marie Concepción shows us how to work with multiple page sizes within a single InDesign document. She explains ...
- City of Sydney pushes for a net zero office sector The Fifth Estate
Exclusive: Increased building standards, mandatory disclosure of NABERS tenancy ratings and increased amounts of renewables are being pushed by the City ...
- Latest IBM i TRs To Ship Next Month IT Jungle
IBM unveiled a pair of out-of-bound technology refreshes (TRs) for the IBM i operating system last week. In addition to supporting the new Power Systems E980 ...
- Reviewing logins on Linux Network World
The last command provides an easy way to review recent logins on a Linux system. It also has some useful options –- such as looking for logins for one ...
- What We Learned Analyzing 281 Full Sales Cycles (1,183 Emails & Voicemails) Business 2 Community
Every SaaS company pours mountains of resources into building a sales team, creating efficient sales processes, and optimizing sales emails. That's because ...
- Linux Fu: Keep an Eye on that File Hackaday
One of the things that's nice about Linux or Unix compared to many other operating systems is there's a good chance a Linux program will spew out ...
- Hands-on with Linux Mint Debian Edition 3 Beta ZDNet
The long-awaited LMDE update is finally (really) on the way!
- Even By Our Awful Standards, Americans Have Basically Stopped Saving Money Slate
If you—like me— are a natural pessimist about the economy, now is sort of an eerie time. Overall, things seem good. Growth is solid. Unemployment is low.
- Is implementing and managing Linux applications becoming a snap? Network World
Quick to install, safe to run, easy to update, and dramatically easier to maintain and support, snaps represent a big step forward in Linux software development ...
- How to use logger on Linux Network World
The Linux logger command provides an easy way to add log files to /var/log/syslog — from the command line, from scripts, or from other files. In today's post ...
- How Shadow SUIDs Can be Used to Exploit Linux Systems: Part 1 Security Boulevard
Today we announced a new feature for SentinelOne Linux agent, Shadow SUID Protection. In this post, we begin the first of a two-part series explaining how this ...
- Linux Fu: Marker is a Command Line Menu Hackaday
The command line. You either love it or hate it, but if you do anything with a Unix-like system you are going to have to use it eventually. You might find marker ...
- Courthouse Records Worcester Telegram
Caroline Forest, 27, of 17 Hollis St., Milford, was placed on probation for 2 years after pleading guilty to distribution of heroin. As conditions of probation, she was ...
- Linux Fu: Modernize Your Command Line Hackaday
If you use Linux and its associated tools on the desktop or on a Raspberry Pi, or on a server, you probably have used the command line. Some people love it ...
- Greystar, Carlyle Group break ground on 22-story apartment tower South Florida Business Journal
Greystar and the Carlyle Group broke ground on the Overture Dadeland age-restricted apartment tower in Miami-Dade County after securing a $64.07 million ...
- Randy Peers marks one year at the helm at Greater Reading Chamber Alliance Reading Eagle
President and CEO of the GRCA gets good reviews from business leaders.
- How to use DNS over TLS on Ubuntu Linux TechRepublic
Jack Wallen shows you how to migrate to DNS over TLS on the Ubuntu Linux desktop.
- How to use the motd file to get Linux users to pay attention Network World
Configuring login messages on Linux servers is more complex and dynamic. Let's look at the message of the day setup on an Ubuntu server to decipher how the ...
- How to display data in a human-friendly way on Linux Network World
Many Linux commands now have options to make their output a little easier to digest. Here's a look at some that bring out the friendliness of our favorite ...
- 2 ways to attach SQL Server database files to Linux containers TechTarget
Consultant Michael Otey offers tips on how to attach SQL Server database files to Docker containers for the Linux version of Microsoft's database management ...
- Beginner's guide to R: Syntax quirks you'll want to know Computerworld
I mentioned at the outset that R syntax is a bit quirky, especially if your frame of reference is, well, pretty much any other programming language. Here are some ...
- How an uploaded image could take over your website, and how to stop it Naked Security
Bugs in the widespread graphics system Ghostscript could be exploited remotely by crooks - so here's how to keep attackers at bay.
- Staff sacked after security sees 'suspect surfer' script of shame The Register
Who, Me? As your Vultures are off fighting over the remains of the Christmas dinner, we've lined up a feast of a different nature: a bonus instalment of Who, Me?
- Service Ownership @Slack InfoQ.com
Holly Allen talks about the bumps and scrapes, triumphs and pitfalls of Slack's journey from a centralized ops team to development teams that own the full ...
- Summer Programs for High School Students Tuskegee University
Tuskegee University offers a number of summer programs that benefit high school and incoming college students wishing to broaden their experience in their ...
- Hands-on with MX Linux: A pleasant, easy-to-install Linux distribution ZDNet
MX Linux is a descendant/spin-off from Antix and MEPIS Linux. I want to see what it is like to install and run on both UEFI and MBR laptops.
- 5 Simple Tips to Secure Your Website from Hackers Small Business Trends
There are things that you can do to secure your website from hackers and becoming a target for online vandals. Here are the easiest things that you can do.
- What Is Windows PowerShell (And Could It Be Malicious)? Security Boulevard
How can PowerShell impact your business's valuable assets? Learn the basics of PowerShell, why it's attractive to hackers & how to protect the enterprise.
- Managing users on Linux systems Network World
Some tasks and tools to manage user accounts and keep your Linux users happy.
- How Checkly Achieves Zero Downtime Deployments with Terraform InfoQ.com
Checkly, a monitoring tool that validates the correctness of API endpoints and browser click flows, shared their experience of using Terraform to achieve zero ...
- 10 Terminal commands for power users TechRepublic
Apple's Terminal offers a lot of functionality compared to the macOS GUI. Power users and anyone else who wants to work smarter will benefit from learning ...
- CEO insisted his email was on server that had been offline for years The Register
On-Call Welcome again to On-Call, The Register's Friday column in which readers share tales of tricky tech support tasks. This week meet “Sam” who “used to ...
- User urged to give Windows Search another look Chron
Q: Can you recommend a file search tool I can use instead of Windows Search? I am trying to put together some queries to find some things, and I need ...
- Manage an ESXi firewall with PowerCLI and ESXCLI TechTarget
You can streamline ESXi firewall management using the command line instead of the vSphere Web Client. Learn how to view and set firewall configurations ...
- How to Install Bash Shell on Windows Tech Advisor
We explain how to install and use the Bash Shell in Windows 10 using the Windows Subsystem for Linux - and exactly why you might want to.
- Jason Kidd Firing Epitomizes Disrespect For Young Black NBA Coaches - The Shadow League The Shadow League
When a coach gets fired, it usually has to do with wins and losses. For African-American coaches, those wins and losses better come quickly and in bunches.
- Connelly: End all federal protection of wolves -- Rep. Newhouse Seattle PI
All federal endangered species protection for the gray wolf would end under legislation announced Thursday by U.S. Rep. Dan Newhouse, R-Wash., and ...
- How to speak Linux Network World
We might all agree on the command line, but start talking about Linux, and we might find that the rules of how to pronounce the names of Unix commands are not ...
- Haiku Could Change the World – OSnews OS News
To understand what the BeOS and Haiku operating systems are, we first must remember that BeOS was developed with the multimedia user in mind.
- Git Vulnerability May Lead to Arbitrary Code Execution InfoQ.com
A flaw in Git submodule name validation makes it possible for a remote attacker to execute arbitrary code on developer machines. Additionally, an attacker could ...
- Product Review: SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor 12.3 & Network Configuration Manager 7.8 TechGenix
Here's an in-depth look at the latest versions of the popular network management and monitoring software from SolarWinds.
- How to install ZFS on Linux TechTarget
ZFS is a file system that provides a way to store and manage large volumes of data, but you must manually install it. ZFS on Linux does more than file ...
- A Container Hacker’s Guide to Living Off of the Land Security Boulevard
Sometimes as a pentester you find yourself in tricky situations. Depending on the type of engagement, you might want to try to avoid making a lot of noise on the ...
- Git v2.20.0 released with improved Git clone process, packfiles consolidation, and more Packt Hub
Last week, the team at GitHub released Git v2.20.0, a free and open source distributed version control system that tracks changes in computer files and ...
- Someone turned this scrawled graffiti into a work of art with 1 simple sign Mashable
A man has shared photos of an artist's note that was added to some random graffiti near his house.
- The State of Java Serialization InfoQ.com
Java's Serialization feature has garnered several years' worth of security exploits and zero day attacks. This article discusses the current state of the technology ...
- Why You Should Use Windows Subsystem for Linux Virtualization Review
Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) allows you to run Linux distributions on recent versions of Windows 10 and Windows 2016 systems.
- How I Hacked Play-with-Docker and Remotely Ran Code on the Host Security Boulevard
Introduction Play-with-Docker (PWD), Docker's playground website, allows beginners to run Docker commands in a matter of seconds. Built on a number of ...