Started in 2016 by a group of educators and technologists in California, Wonderschool offers a platform where people can start infant and toddler programs and preschools out of their homes.
Wonderschool supports experienced educators and childcare providers to start their own childcares or preschools out of their homes, whether they live in apartments, condos, or homes that they rent or own.
Wonderschool provides assistance with licensing, program setup, marketing and everything in between. The company’s software platform allows teachers to manage their students, parents, and their program from one dashboard. Along with this, Wonderschool has built a marketplace for parents to search Wonderschool programs, schedule visits, enroll their children, and make payments.
It’s been proven time and time again that children should start developing cognitive, motor, behavioral, and social skills from as early as 6 months and Wonderschool is committed to increasing families’ access to high quality care and learning environments for children.
- Clark, a venture-backed tutoring platform, will now help tutors build their own sites TechCrunch
A couple of years ago, Clark, a New York-based startup, appeared on the scene with tutoring software that aimed to both make it easier for educators to start and ...
- Wonderschool raises $20M to help people start in-home preschools TechCrunch
Educators already don't get paid enough, and those that work in preschools or daycares often make 48% less. Meanwhile, parents struggle to find great early ...
- Troy Carter and J. Erving Reunite to Launch Q&A Music/Technology Company Billboard
Troy Carter has revealed his next move after vacating the role of Spotify's global head of creator services in September: He's reuniting with former Atom Factory ...
- This Airbnb for pre-K is trying to fix early childhood education VICE
Wonderschool's online platform looks like an Airbnb for pre-K. But the San Francisco company also provides a series of services — with the goal of making it ...
- Child care in the US is broken. Wonderschool thinks it has the solution Quartz
The US child care system is a hot mess. Parents don't have federally-protected time off to bond with their children, despite hoards of research showing how ...
- Want to start a preschool at home? Wonderschool can help San Francisco Chronicle
Working as a preschool therapist, Kristina Gonzalez found she enjoyed the classroom time the most. As she and her husband looked ahead to starting a family, ...
- A focus on diversity reaps rewards for this Los Angeles investor TechCrunch
The Los Angeles startup scene has come a long way in the three-and-a-half years since Marlon Nichols, Troy Carter and Trevor Thomas launched Cross Culture ...
- MyVillage raises $5.95M to make early childcare accessible and afforable VatorNews
Early childcare is a huge market, totaling over $48 billion in the U.S. alone, and yet it doesn't seem to be working for anyone involved. For working families, good ...
- The potential fixes to our broken daycare system are coming from surprising places MarketWatch
These companies working to make early childhood care more available and affordable for parents.
- K-12 Dealmaking: Wonderschool Raises $20 Million; littleBits Acquires DIY Education Week
Wonderschool, a platform aims to help experienced educators and childcare providers start and run their own in-home businesses, raised $20 million.
- How the environmental revolution is taking shape Telegraph.co.uk
The global environment is suffering but there is a revolution taking place that aims to radically transform the situation by 2030.
- In a tough business, startups vie to become the Uber and Lyft of child care Chalkbeat Colorado
A growing cadre of companies aim to attract thousands of home-based child care providers to a notoriously tough field by making the job easier and more ...
- How This Startup Is Disrupting Preschool And Turning Teachers Into Entrepreneurs Forbes Now
Wonderschool is leading a new movement in early childhood education. They recently announced a $2 million seed round of financing. The company provides ...
- Wonderschool Closes $20 Million Series A Silicon Valley Daily
SAN FRANCISCO — Wonderschool has closed $20 million in Series A financing led by Andreessen Horowitz with general partner Jeff Jordan joining its board.
- Wonderschool raised $20m to disrupt preschool with its start-your-own school app The Hustle
Wonderschool raised a $20m Series A to expand its start-your-own-preschool software platform.
- Wonderschool gets $2M to help solve America’s childcare quandary TechCrunch
In the U.S., childcare presents a nerve-wracking quagmire for parents. It's expensive—almost a fifth of American families spend more than a quarter of their ...
- Self-Driving Truck Startup Kodiak Ventures Secures $40 Million in Funding Entrepreneur
Plus, there is a new feature on Uber that uses machine learning, and Wonderschool raises $20 million.
- 6 Innovative Business Models Reinventing the Future of Everything From Daycare to Drones Inc.
Making microbes do our bidding. A better-than-Craigslist way to find roommates. The new way forward for daycare. Here's how six great companies--and their ...
- A San Francisco startup wants to fix childcare by helping educators start their own schools out of their homes Business Insider
San Francisco based startup Wonderschool runs a network child care programs. They recently raised $2 million.
- Fast Company Names Most Innovative Education Companies of 2019 Education Week
Teachers Pay Teachers, an online marketplace for lesson plans and classroom materials, has been named the most innovative education company in 2019 by ...
- How Seven Tuck Students Spent Their Summer Tuck School
From Danaher, to TripAdvisor, to Microsoft and Xbox, here's how seven Tuck School of Business MBA students spent their summers.
- Days of Wonder School offers local families a learning alternative WCPO
Cynthia Day wanted to create a different kind of learning environment when she launched Days of Wonder School in 2012. It has grown like crazy.
- Brightwheel Bags $21 Million Series B Round to Support Childcare Providers EdSurge
BRIGHT WHEELS KEEP ON TURNING: Brightwheel, a San Francisco-based startup that offers program management software for early-childcare providers, has ...
- Wonderschool Raises $2 Million to Help Educators Provide Quality Preschool Black Enterprise
Are you an educator? Wonderschool is helping teachers get back into the workforce—and earn more money—by opening their own quality preschool.
- Pre-K home-school provider to open 150 'boutique' programs New York Post
Wonderschool, a San Francisco-based venture that helps pre-K teachers and child-care providers run preschools out of their homes, plans to open 150...
- Wonderschool start-up helps teachers open their own pre-schools KGO-TV
Bay Area preschool teachers have discovered a new path to financial security and freedom through a start-up called Wonderschool.
- Wonderschool Raises $2 Million to Make High-Quality Preschool Education Widely Available PR Newswire
SAN FRANCISCO, June 19, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Wonderschool, a network of boutique early childhood programs that combine the quality standards of the ...
- Wonderschool inks $2.1 mln PE Hub
Wonderschool, a network of early childhood programs, has secured $2.1 million in funding. The investors were Omidyar Network, Be Curious Partners, Rethink ...
- Chris Bennett, CEO of Soldsie and Wonderschool, is a true entrepreneur Rolling Out
Silicon Valley is home to industry disrupters and capable individuals with inventive minds, and one such person is Chris Bennett, CEO of two new startups.
- Colorado startups vie to become the Uber and Lyft of child care The Denver Post
One summer morning, Yemi Habte sat at the kitchen table in her suburban Aurora home poring over a 10-page packet of child care forms with her mentor Steph ...
- Koch school in Wichita Wichita Eagle
Wonder, a private school financed by members of the Koch family, will open Sept. 4 with 39 students in a former print shop on the Wichita State University ...
- Uber and the False Hopes of the Sharing Economy The New York Times
Though ride share companies fought hard against City Council regulations, the laws are unlikely to quell the miseries of professional drivers.
- Tech Entrepreneur Raises $2M To Expand In-Home Preschool Platform In 15 Cities Moguldom
Tech entrepreneur raises $2M in seed funding to expand a platform that lets child care providers earn money in their own in-home preschool.
- Healing the body, hurting the wallet The Hustle
A new exposé from Axios brought to light many drug manufacturers' practice of combining multiple generic over-the-counter medications and selling them as ...
- May: Out of business — top 5 things we could use a new business school building for Wichita State Sunflower
With the Shock the Future referendum vote coming up next week, the topic on everyone's mind is, obviously, Woolsey Hall, the new Barton School of Business ...
- 27 black founders and investors to watch in 2019 PitchBook News & Analysis
This Black History Month, we're highlighting 27 founders and investors who are leaving their marks on venture capital and tech.
- 13 young venture capitalists in Los Angeles tech to watch INSIDER
BI Prime: These are the young venture capitalists who are shaping the Los Angeles tech scene into the Silicon Valley of tomorrow.
- K-12 Dealmaking: Hero K12 Takes In $150 Million; Lingokids Raises $4 Million Education Week
In recent dealmaking news, several ed-tech startups announced they have drawn investments, including student behavior management app Hero K12, which ...
- Pro Rata - August 10, 2018 Axios
Situational awareness: Stocks are way down as Trump tweeted plans to double steel and aluminum tariffs on Turkey, whose currency is in free-fall.
- Columbus Museum of Art, Columbus State launching creativity-focused preschool Columbus Business First
The Columbus Museum of Art and neighbor Columbus State Community College are launching a part-time preschool this fall, collaborating with Childhood ...
- 25 black founders and VCs to watch in 2018 PitchBook News & Analysis
In honor of Black History Month, we've compiled a list of 25 black founders and VCs paving the way for the next generation of entrepreneurs.
- Early Childhood Is Ripe For Investment in Innovation, Says Philanthropic Network Education Week
The Omidyar Network, which has invested nearly $1 billion dollars in multiple areas including education, is drawing attention to early childhood as an area for ...
- Koch family to open new kind of private school at Wichita State University Bradenton Herald
Chase and Annie Koch are getting into the private school business in Wichita, financing a new pre-K-through-12th-grade school on the WSU campus.
- Ceniarth's $200 million shift, Branson's climate-smart accelerator, Warren's mandate for stakeholder capitalism ImpactAlpha
Greetings, ImpactAlpha readers! We're back from a brief break to our regularly scheduled programming. Enjoy your morning brief and get more all day on ...
- KHANNA, PORTER on progressive wish list -- SENATE details RUSSIAN SOCIAL MEDIA effort -- BECERRA launches OBAMACARE defense -- HUNTER to get his wings clipped Politico
THE BUZZ: Nancy Pelosi may have defused a revolt against her resumed speakership, but the party's ascendant left wing is continuing to jostle for influence.
- Interview with Allison Stern, Co-Founder & CSO at Tubular MarTech Series
The Martech Interview Series with Allison Stern is a fun Q&A style chat. It follows a two part format On Marketing Technology, and This Is How I Work.
- The Next Koch Doesn't Like Politics POLITICO
Chase Koch, son of Charles, wants to steer the conservative juggernaut his family created toward a kinder, gentler libertarianism.
- Is Creativity a Skill? EdSurge
Are you creative? How would you know, or convince your boss? According to a new LinkedIn analysis of member profiles, creativity tops the chart of soft skills ...
- ‘Education should be something different’: Koch-funded school almost ready to open The Wichita Eagle
Wonder, a private school financed by members of the Koch family, will open next month on the Wichita State campus.
- EdTech Startup EMERITUS Gains $40 Million in Series C Funding NewsCenter.io
EMERITUS, an edtech company that partners with US and European universities to provide online courses to working professionals, successfully completed a ...
- In a world run by Donald Trump, no wonder school bullies are thriving Telegraph.co.uk
I'm not sure exactly when it was that adults and lawyers co-opted the term 'bullying' – turning it into the kind of trigger word that immediately brought on concerns ...
- Checkr adds ongoing screening for gig economy workers San Francisco Chronicle
Daniel Yanisse and Jonathan Perichon were working at startup Deliv when they saw a gap in its business model — and that of other on-demand companies.
- Forest school begins operation in Philomath | Local | gazettetimes.com Corvallis Gazette Times
Kyla Basher and Brian Crosby love nature. And when it comes to early childhood education, they believe the outdoors provides the most beneficial type of ...
- Tinkergarten Raises $5.4M to Get Kids to Go Outside, Play and Learn EdSurge
For Brian Fitzgerald, what began as a newborn side project in 2012—when he was working at edtech startup Knewton—has become a fully-grown venture of ...
- Be Curious Partners Invests In Kinedu, New Baby Development App PR Newswire
ATLANTA, Sept. 13, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- This week, Be Curious Partners closed on a new investment in the baby learning and development app, Kinedu.
- Founders of Koch-backed private school ‘blown away’ by interest Wichita Eagle
Founders of a Koch-financed private school going up at WSU say interest in the school is so high, they're already looking for a bigger site.
- Top VC Deals: NewTV raises $1 billion, Kodiak scores $40 million for self-driving trucks CNBC
NewTV, a subscription streaming *service* for premium short-form *content* that's launching by Christmas of 2019, aims to disrupt Hollywood the way HBO did in ...
- $3.3M security camera upgrade targets Dayton school safety Dayton Daily News
Dayton Public Schools is spending $3.3 million to upgrade video cameras in all 27 of its schools after current cameras have failed to capture on-campus ...
- Marlon Nichols Is Changing The Face of Venture Capital Forbes Now
The lack of diversity in venture capital is no secret. The Silicon Valley stereotype of white male-dominated meetings and exclusive country club deals is backed ...
- Private Koch-Funded School on Public Campus Raises Questions Nonprofit Quarterly
The president of Wichita State University has decided that the bounds of the public-private Innovation Campus are really more a “state of mind,” opening up the ...
- Investors are putting serious cash into black and Latino-founded businesses ImpactAlpha
Partners at minority-focused investment firm Harlem Capital were told “there aren't enough black and latino companies raising significant capital.” A search ...
- 10 Edtech Investment Groups and Venture Capitalist Firms That You Should Know About The Tech Edvocate
If you are attempting to fund your edtech company, you need to know which investment groups and venture capitalist firms to keep an eye out for. These ten ...
- Dayton board to vote today on $3.3M school security cameras, work on new HQ Dayton Daily News
Dayton's school board is expected to approve a $3.3 million contract today to dramatically improve security camera coverage within its schools. The board meets ...
- WSU Innovation Campus: public land, private business? Wichita Eagle
Wichita State University leased a building on its campus to a new private school that began construction, hired staff and is well on its way to welcoming its first ...
- Private school on campus? Wichita State should learn from its own history Wichita Eagle
Dr. Martin F. Palmer was the greatest Wichita pioneer most people have never heard of. Yet in his time and for a decade after his death in 1965, his creation, the ...
- What would a venture capitalist say about that? Startups get a chance to find out Miami Herald
Access to capital is lacking — that's a common refrain among Miami area entrepreneurs, and particularly in minority communities. So Derick Pearson and ...
- Term Sheet -- Tuesday, January 9 Fortune
Good morning, Term Sheet readers. Let's look back at 2017 one more time before we close that chapter completely. It was a banner year for venture capital.
- Woman hit in Belmont intersection dies The Boston Globe
A 39-year-old pedestrian who was struck in a Belmont crosswalk Tuesday has died from her injuries, according to the Middlesex district attorney's office.
- Homeschools find different ways to spend summer break, often with learning elements WCPO Cincinnati
Homeschool students get summer breaks like their public school peers, but in different ways.
- High school students participate in rock band contest Times of India
Eight teams from Tricity participated in Galactica Rock Show where Soaring Eagles, rock band from St. Johns High School, Chandigarh bagged the first prize.
- Labor accuses Coalition of relying on 'hope' to meet Paris emissions targets The Guardian
Government criticised for relying on carryover credits from Kyoto to meet Australia's target.
- The Brief's Big 7: Remaining rich, looking through impact lenses, stakeholders stake their claim, terms sheets for the 80% ImpactAlpha
Greetings, ImpactAlpha readers – and writers! We're proud to be the place Agents of Impact come to drive the conversation forward. Diane Isenberg's thoughtful ...
- 3 teens arrested in Dayton school break-in; Taser used Dayton Daily News
Dayton police found four juveniles in the act of breaking into a school early Saturday morning and apprehended three of them as they fled on foot, using a Taser ...
- Point View School wins engineering pilot trial - Times Times Online - Auckland
Point View School has won a nationwide trial involving more than 20 schools. In terms 1 and 2, Engineering New Zealand (ENZ) trialed the Wonder Project ...
- Iowa Lawmakers Wade Into Disputed Award of $31 Million State Testing Contract Education Week
The American Institutes for Research appeared to have notched a major victory last year when it won an estimated $31 million contract to give statewide ...
- School district employee faces assault and battery charge Manning Live
A Manning woman employed with Clarendon School District 1 faces up to 30 days in jail and a fine of $500 after being charged over the weekend with ...
- Gary Clark Jr. defines moment with "This Land" The Lawton Constitution
The columnist was fortunate enough to get an advance listen to the newest album from iconic Austin, Texas, guitar slinger extraordinaire Gary Clark Jr. titled ...
- The new Manchester school that teaches meditation as well as maths Manchester Evening News
Offered as an alternative to mainstream education, the part-time venture is aimed at home schooled children.
- Meet Greta, the world's unlikeliest strike leader Daily Mail
Greta Thunberg (pictured), 16, has been obsessively researching climate change for seven years and often skips school every Friday to sit on the steps of the ...
- Global Robotics Company Abilix Revolutionizes At-Home STEM Learning with Robotics U NewsCenter.io
A global leader in educational robotics, Abilix launched their latest line of educational robotics in North America. Called Robotics U, the line is set to.
- Code.org Announces $3 Million Multi-Year Commitment from Vista Equity Partners NewsCenter.io
Code.org, a nonprofit dedicated to expanding access to computer science and increasing participation by women and underrepresented minorities, announced ...
- Maranatha High School Salutes North Carolina Family, Names Football Field in Their Honor Friday | Pasadena California, Hotels,CA Real Estate,Restaurants,City Guide... - Pasadena.com Pasadena Now
For anyone that has ever been involved in sports, there is only one thing more humbling than having a field or court named after you. And that's when it's done ...
- Family of girl stabbed at recess to sue Dayton Public Schools Dayton Daily News
Family members of a 7-year-old girl who was stabbed on a Dayton school playground during recess last May plan to sue Dayton Public Schools, alleging n.
- Q&A with President Bardo Wichita State Sunflower
A president's job is to look to the future, Bardo said. The responsibility of handling the here and now is largely for vice presidents. Bardo said this and many other ...
- School zones: real estate, education and parenting | Messenger The Advertiser
These were some of the ways parents, desperate to get their children the best education, tried to get a spot in the “right” school — if they didn't live in the “right” ...
- Men of Color mentor young Dayton students Dayton Daily News
Leaders of Dayton's Men of Color initiative fanned out to several Dayton Public Schools on Wednesday, encouraging black male students to believe in ...
- Housing heats up development across Lee's Summit Kansas City Star
Development numbers paint the picture of Lee's Summit as a growing city for residents and business.
- East Cincy Yoga breathes life into Batavia with yoga, meditation and support network The Clermont Sun
Editor For Lori Kirsch of East Cincy Yoga in Batavia, she's in the business of making people feel good. Kirsch, the owner and mother of two children…
- Creating a 'test kitchen' to come up with a better school accountability plan in California EdSource
Four organizations and three California school districts will attempt to create what the State Board of Education and the California Department of Education have ...
- Violent crimes surround school where girl was stabbed Dayton Daily News
26 violent crimes within a half mile of the school where a girl was stabbed in the past 2 months.
- Bobby Brown to Receive the R&B Soul Music Icon Award at 3rd Annual Black Music Honors The BoomBox
Bobby Brown will receive the R&B Music Soul Icon Award at the 3rd Annual Black Music Honors taking place Thursday, August 16, in Nashville, TN.
- New Product Alert: Pluralsight IQ NewsCenter.io
Pluralsight is an education app that aims to measure people's skills in dozens of technologies for free. In as little as five minutes and 20 questions, use.
- 9 reasons Dayton’s biggest school district made news this past month Dayton Daily News
The Dayton Public School district is one of the largest in the area with about 14000 students. Some of district's schools, students or staff have been in the news ...
- New Product Alert: Gimlet NewsCenter.io
Gimlet is a live classroom quiz game for high school students to make learning fun and engaging. Students go to Gimlet on any phone, tablet, laptop, Chrome.
- DPS Teachers Pack Up Classrooms In Preparation For Possible Strike WYSO
Flanked by U-Haul moving trucks, more than 100 teachers rallied outside a Dayton Public Schools board meeting Wednesday night amid ongoing contract.
- Open Wonderland showcased in Boston Hypergrid Business
At thr Immersive Education conference in Boston last month, eight Open Wonderland community members from six different countries joined me remotely to ...
- School renaming sparks protest, division | News Palo Alto Online
A proposal to rename a Palo Alto middle school after Fred Yamamoto, a Japanese-American Palo Altan who died in battle in World War II, has sparked intense ...
- Beaverton school bus drivers wanted: Lots of patience and intense training required (video) The Oregonian - OregonLive.com
Job description: Ability to drive a 40-foot-long bus filled with 84 loud children along skinny rural roads and in heavy traffic in the dark and the rain. It's no wonder ...
- On the Town: Jones takes helm of La Providencia Guild Los Angeles Times
Glenda Jones, who took the presidential reins of the Burbank-based La Providencia Guild of Children's Hospital Los Angeles during the group's reorganization ...
- Mixtape Monday: School of Rock's Best of Portland 4 Vortex Music Magazine
In its fourth year, the annual Best of Portland showcase pairs School of Rock students up with Portland musicians to perform PDX-made music live onstage.