Started in 2016 by a group of educators and technologists in California, Wonderschool offers a platform where people can start infant and toddler programs and preschools out of their homes.
Wonderschool supports experienced educators and childcare providers to start their own childcares or preschools out of their homes, whether they live in apartments, condos, or homes that they rent or own.
Wonderschool provides assistance with licensing, program setup, marketing and everything in between. The company’s software platform allows teachers to manage their students, parents, and their program from one dashboard. Along with this, Wonderschool has built a marketplace for parents to search Wonderschool programs, schedule visits, enroll their children, and make payments.
It’s been proven time and time again that children should start developing cognitive, motor, behavioral, and social skills from as early as 6 months and Wonderschool is committed to increasing families’ access to high quality care and learning environments for children.
- Can start-up companies profit off one of the lowest paid professions: home-based child care? The Hechinger Report
SAN FRANCISCO — Meredith Bunyard, 34, always knew she wanted to run her own preschool. The San Francisco resident graduated from nearby Mills ...
- Wonderschool raises $20M to help people start in-home preschools TechCrunch
Educators already don't get paid enough, and those that work in preschools or daycares often make 48% less. Meanwhile, parents struggle to find great early ...
- This Airbnb for pre-K is trying to fix early childhood education VICE
Wonderschool's online platform looks like an Airbnb for pre-K. But the San Francisco company also provides a series of services — with the goal of making it ...
- Child care in the US is broken. Wonderschool thinks it has the solution Quartz
The US child care system is a hot mess. Parents don't have federally-protected time off to bond with their children, despite hoards of research showing how ...
- Want to start a preschool at home? Wonderschool can help San Francisco Chronicle
Working as a preschool therapist, Kristina Gonzalez found she enjoyed the classroom time the most. As she and her husband looked ahead to starting a family, ...
- The potential fixes to our broken daycare system are coming from surprising places MarketWatch
These companies working to make early childhood care more available and affordable for parents.
- In a tough business, startups vie to become the Uber and Lyft of child care Chalkbeat Colorado
A growing cadre of companies aim to attract thousands of home-based child care providers to a notoriously tough field by making the job easier and more ...
- How This Startup Is Disrupting Preschool And Turning Teachers Into Entrepreneurs Forbes Now
Wonderschool is leading a new movement in early childhood education. They recently announced a $2 million seed round of financing. The company provides ...
- Wonderschool gets $2M to help solve America’s childcare quandary TechCrunch
In the U.S., childcare presents a nerve-wracking quagmire for parents. It's expensive—almost a fifth of American families spend more than a quarter of their ...
- Wonderschool raised $20m to disrupt preschool with its start-your-own school app The Hustle
Wonderschool raised a $20m Series A to expand its start-your-own-preschool software platform.
- 6 Innovative Business Models Reinventing the Future of Everything From Daycare to Drones Inc.
Making microbes do our bidding. A better-than-Craigslist way to find roommates. The new way forward for daycare. Here's how six great companies--and their ...
- Wonderschool - MogulWatch Moguldom
Started in 2016 by a group of educators and technologists in California, Wonderschool offers a platform where people can start infant and toddler programs and ...
- K-12 Dealmaking: Wonderschool Raises $20 Million; littleBits Acquires DIY Education Week
Wonderschool, a platform aims to help experienced educators and childcare providers start and run their own in-home businesses, raised $20 million.
- A San Francisco startup wants to fix childcare by helping educators start their own schools out of their homes Business Insider
San Francisco based startup Wonderschool runs a network child care programs. They recently raised $2 million.
- Wonderschool gets $2.1M to bring its early childhood programs to New York City TechCrunch
Wonderschool, a network of in-home daycare and preschools, plans to open 150 programs in New York City after raising $2.1 million in new funding. The capital ...
- Wonderschool Closes $20 Million Series A Silicon Valley Daily
SAN FRANCISCO — Wonderschool has closed $20 million in Series A financing led by Andreessen Horowitz with general partner Jeff Jordan joining its board.
- 8 startups helping moms get back to work after having kids Business Insider
Most of these startups are mom-founded, and they're all helping mothers re-enter the workforce.
- Fast Company Names Most Innovative Education Companies of 2019 Education Week
Teachers Pay Teachers, an online marketplace for lesson plans and classroom materials, has been named the most innovative education company in 2019 by ...
- How Seven Tuck Students Spent Their Summer Tuck School
From Danaher, to TripAdvisor, to Microsoft and Xbox, here's how seven Tuck School of Business MBA students spent their summers.
- Clark, a venture-backed tutoring platform, will now help tutors build their own sites TechCrunch
A couple of years ago, Clark, a New York-based startup, appeared on the scene with tutoring software that aimed to both make it easier for educators to start and ...
- Days of Wonder School offers local families a learning alternative WCPO
Cynthia Day wanted to create a different kind of learning environment when she launched Days of Wonder School in 2012. It has grown like crazy.
- Wonderschool start-up helps teachers open their own pre-schools KGO-TV
Bay Area preschool teachers have discovered a new path to financial security and freedom through a start-up called Wonderschool.
- Pre-K home-school provider to open 150 'boutique' programs New York Post
Wonderschool, a San Francisco-based venture that helps pre-K teachers and child-care providers run preschools out of their homes, plans to open 150...
- Chris Bennett, CEO of Soldsie and Wonderschool, is a true entrepreneur Rolling Out
Silicon Valley is home to industry disrupters and capable individuals with inventive minds, and one such person is Chris Bennett, CEO of two new startups.
- Wonderschool inks $2.1 mln PE Hub
Wonderschool, a network of early childhood programs, has secured $2.1 million in funding. The investors were Omidyar Network, Be Curious Partners, Rethink ...
- 27 black founders and investors to watch in 2019 PitchBook News & Analysis
This Black History Month, we're highlighting 27 founders and investors who are leaving their marks on venture capital and tech.
- Wonderschool raises $2 million to launch in-home preschools VentureBeat
Wonderschool, whose online marketplace helps parents find in-home child care education programs, today announced a seed round of $2 million, led by First ...
- Brightwheel Bags $21 Million Series B Round to Support Childcare Providers EdSurge
BRIGHT WHEELS KEEP ON TURNING: Brightwheel, a San Francisco-based startup that offers program management software for early-childcare providers, has ...
- Tech Entrepreneur Raises $2M To Expand In-Home Preschool Platform In 15 Cities Moguldom
Tech entrepreneur raises $2M in seed funding to expand a platform that lets child care providers earn money in their own in-home preschool.
- The first-time founder's ultimate guide to understanding stock options Business Insider India
shapecharge/Getty ImagesDon't fall into common traps.Successful entrepreneurship means understanding tricky concepts like equity.We put together a ...
- Healing the body, hurting the wallet The Hustle
A new exposé from Axios brought to light many drug manufacturers' practice of combining multiple generic over-the-counter medications and selling them as ...
- Wonderschool Raises $2 Million to Help Educators Provide Quality Preschool Black Enterprise
Are you an educator? Wonderschool is helping teachers get back into the workforce—and earn more money—by opening their own quality preschool.
- Private Wonder school opens its doors at Wichita State Wichita State Sunflower
Cofounder of Wonder, Zach Lahn, speaks to The Sunflower about the new school that opened its doors this month on the Wichita State campus. With Hurricane ...
- Uber and the False Hopes of the Sharing Economy The New York Times
Though ride share companies fought hard against City Council regulations, the laws are unlikely to quell the miseries of professional drivers.
- A focus on diversity reaps rewards for this Los Angeles investor TechCrunch
The Los Angeles startup scene has come a long way in the three-and-a-half years since Marlon Nichols, Troy Carter and Trevor Thomas launched Cross Culture ...
- Troy Carter and J. Erving Reunite to Launch Q&A Music/Technology Company Billboard
Troy Carter has revealed his next move after vacating the role of Spotify's global head of creator services in September: He's reuniting with former Atom Factory ...
- Early Childhood Is Ripe For Investment in Innovation, Says Philanthropic Network Education Week
The Omidyar Network, which has invested nearly $1 billion dollars in multiple areas including education, is drawing attention to early childhood as an area for ...
- K-12 Dealmaking: Hero K12 Takes In $150 Million; Lingokids Raises $4 Million Education Week
In recent dealmaking news, several ed-tech startups announced they have drawn investments, including student behavior management app Hero K12, which ...
- Growing its Education Work, a Silicon Valley Funder Looks to Boost the "Whole Family" Inside Philanthropy
The Omidyar Network, a longtime supporter of education abroad, has turned its attention to education needs at home, where it's taking on both early childhood ...
- How the environmental revolution is taking shape Telegraph.co.uk
The global environment is suffering but there is a revolution taking place that aims to radically transform the situation by 2030.
- The Next Koch Doesn't Like Politics POLITICO
Chase Koch, son of Charles, wants to steer the conservative juggernaut his family created toward a kinder, gentler libertarianism.
- 13 young venture capitalists in Los Angeles tech to watch Business Insider
BI Prime: These are the young venture capitalists who are shaping the Los Angeles tech scene into the Silicon Valley of tomorrow.
- Columbus Museum of Art, Columbus State launching creativity-focused preschool Columbus Business First
The Columbus Museum of Art and neighbor Columbus State Community College are launching a part-time preschool this fall, collaborating with Childhood ...
- 25 black founders and VCs to watch in 2018 PitchBook News & Analysis
In honor of Black History Month, we've compiled a list of 25 black founders and VCs paving the way for the next generation of entrepreneurs.
- Okezie Ikpeazu: A Trans-Generational Leader, Fulfilling Promises, Securing The Future Modern Ghana
As Dr Okezie Ikpeazu commences his “Second Missionary Journey” as Executive Governor of Abia State from May 29, 2019, people of the State already seem to ...
- Dayton to close a school, shake up teaching staff, open health center Dayton Daily News
World of Wonder will be closed, Boys Prep will absorb students and be renamed Roosevelt. Teacher shakeup coming, and new health center opening.
- Ceniarth's $200 million shift, Branson's climate-smart accelerator, Warren's mandate for stakeholder capitalism ImpactAlpha
Greetings, ImpactAlpha readers! We're back from a brief break to our regularly scheduled programming. Enjoy your morning brief and get more all day on ...
- In a world run by Donald Trump, no wonder school bullies are thriving Telegraph.co.uk
I'm not sure exactly when it was that adults and lawyers co-opted the term 'bullying' – turning it into the kind of trigger word that immediately brought on concerns ...
- KHANNA, PORTER on progressive wish list -- SENATE details RUSSIAN SOCIAL MEDIA effort -- BECERRA launches OBAMACARE defense -- HUNTER to get his wings clipped Politico
THE BUZZ: Nancy Pelosi may have defused a revolt against her resumed speakership, but the party's ascendant left wing is continuing to jostle for influence.
- Sawyer Raises $11M to Connect Parents and Providers for Educational Playtime EdSurge
Elisa Pupko had a problem when it came to parents scheduling their kids to participate in her Brooklyn-based theater arts program. Most online tools ...
- Colorado startups vie to become the Uber and Lyft of child care The Denver Post
One summer morning, Yemi Habte sat at the kitchen table in her suburban Aurora home poring over a 10-page packet of child care forms with her mentor Steph ...
- MyVillage raises $5.95M to make early childcare accessible and afforable VatorNews
Early childcare is a huge market, totaling over $48 billion in the U.S. alone, and yet it doesn't seem to be working for anyone involved. For working families, good ...
- Police arrest two after incident on property of businessman Chase Koch Wichita Business Journal
Police say one officer sustained minor injuries after a vehicle was used to ram a police car following a suspicious character call.
- Marlon Nichols Is Changing The Face of Venture Capital Forbes Now
The lack of diversity in venture capital is no secret. The Silicon Valley stereotype of white male-dominated meetings and exclusive country club deals is backed ...
- Is Creativity a Skill? EdSurge
Are you creative? How would you know, or convince your boss? According to a new LinkedIn analysis of member profiles, creativity tops the chart of soft skills ...
- Forest school begins operation in Philomath | Local | gazettetimes.com Corvallis Gazette Times
Kyla Basher and Brian Crosby love nature. And when it comes to early childhood education, they believe the outdoors provides the most beneficial type of ...
- HiMama secures $7.25 mln in Round 13-led Series A round PE Hub
Toronto-based early childhood technology startup HiMama has raised $7.25 million in a Series A financing. The round was led by Canadian growth-stage ...
- Interview with Allison Stern, Co-Founder & CSO at Tubular MarTech Series
The Martech Interview Series with Allison Stern is a fun Q&A style chat. It follows a two part format On Marketing Technology, and This Is How I Work.
- Be Curious Partners Invests In Kinedu, New Baby Development App PR Newswire
ATLANTA, Sept. 13, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- This week, Be Curious Partners closed on a new investment in the baby learning and development app, Kinedu.
- ‘Education should be something different’: Koch-funded school almost ready to open The Wichita Eagle
Wonder, a private school financed by members of the Koch family, will open next month on the Wichita State campus.
- Designer Showcase at Columbus Museum of Art columbusunderground
An event every week that begins at 12:00am on Friday and Saturday, repeating until May 19, 2019 12:00 am. Event Navigation. « Paganini's “Il Cannone” violin ...
- Checkr adds ongoing screening for gig economy workers San Francisco Chronicle
Daniel Yanisse and Jonathan Perichon were working at startup Deliv when they saw a gap in its business model — and that of other on-demand companies.
- Longtime Education Advocates Shawn Joseph and Scott Morgan Join BookNook Advisory Board PRNewswire
OAKLAND, Calif., May 14, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- BookNook today announced two new additions to its Advisory Board, Dr. Shawn Joseph and Scott Morgan.
- Private school on campus? Wichita State should learn from its own history Wichita Eagle
Dr. Martin F. Palmer was the greatest Wichita pioneer most people have never heard of. Yet in his time and for a decade after his death in 1965, his creation, the ...
- Private Koch-Funded School on Public Campus Raises Questions Nonprofit Quarterly
March 5, 2018; Wichita Eagle. Over the last few years, NPQ has reported on the challenges to the nonprofit status of “eds and meds” based on their for-profit ...
- Term Sheet -- Tuesday, January 9 Fortune
Good morning, Term Sheet readers. Let's look back at 2017 one more time before we close that chapter completely. It was a banner year for venture capital.
- Woman hit in Belmont intersection dies The Boston Globe
A 39-year-old pedestrian who was struck in a Belmont crosswalk Tuesday has died from her injuries, according to the Middlesex district attorney's office.
- Founders of Koch-backed private school ‘blown away’ by interest Wichita Eagle
Founders of a Koch-financed private school going up at WSU say interest in the school is so high, they're already looking for a bigger site.
- Nuke bailout bill may get subcommittee vote Thursday: Capitol Letter cleveland.com
House Bill 6 may get a subcommittee vote this week. The bill would repeal the state's clean energy mandates, provide money to FirstEnergy Solutions' two ...
- Investors are putting serious cash into black and Latino-founded businesses ImpactAlpha
Partners at minority-focused investment firm Harlem Capital were told “there aren't enough black and latino companies raising significant capital.” A search ...
- Tinkergarten Raises $5.4M to Get Kids to Go Outside, Play and Learn EdSurge
For Brian Fitzgerald, what began as a newborn side project in 2012—when he was working at edtech startup Knewton—has become a fully-grown venture of ...
- WSU Innovation Campus: public land, private business? Wichita Eagle
Wichita State University leased a building on its campus to a new private school that began construction, hired staff and is well on its way to welcoming its first ...
- What would a venture capitalist say about that? Startups get a chance to find out Miami Herald
Access to capital is lacking — that's a common refrain among Miami area entrepreneurs, and particularly in minority communities. So Derick Pearson and ...
- What millennials like to read? Gulf News
From the digital space influencers have invaded the realms of words.
- Homeschools find different ways to spend summer break, often with learning elements WCPO Cincinnati
Homeschool students get summer breaks like their public school peers, but in different ways.
- No arrests 3 years after girl stabbed on Dayton school playground Dayton Daily News
Today marks three years since an unknown man stabbed a second-grade girl on an elementary school playground in Dayton. Police have made no arrests in ...
- The new Manchester school that teaches meditation as well as maths Manchester Evening News
Offered as an alternative to mainstream education, the part-time venture is aimed at home schooled children.
- Dayton Public, Five Rivers to open first in-school health center Dayton Daily News
Dayton Public Schools, in cooperation with Five Rivers Health Centers, will open its first school-based health facility for all DPS students and their families at a ...
- LPS, Smart Wonders in cricket final The Tribune
TheTribune: MOHALI:Hosts Learning Paths School (LPS) defeated Vivek High School by 23 runs to set up the title clash with Smart Wonders School in the LPS ...
- Labor accuses Coalition of relying on 'hope' to meet Paris emissions targets The Guardian
Government criticised for relying on carryover credits from Kyoto to meet Australia's target.
- The Brief's Big 7: Remaining rich, looking through impact lenses, stakeholders stake their claim, terms sheets for the 80% ImpactAlpha
Greetings, ImpactAlpha readers – and writers! We're proud to be the place Agents of Impact come to drive the conversation forward. Diane Isenberg's thoughtful ...
- PGA Cup from April 10 The Tribune
TheTribune: Chandigarh: Punjab State Golf Association will host the 19th PGA Cup from April 10-11 at the Chandigarh Golf Club here.
- 10 Edtech Investment Groups and Venture Capitalist Firms That You Should Know About The Tech Edvocate
If you are attempting to fund your edtech company, you need to know which investment groups and venture capitalist firms to keep an eye out for. These ten ...
- $3.3M security camera upgrade targets Dayton school safety Dayton Daily News
The school board will vote Tuesday on a contract to install more and better cameras at all schools.
- Point View School wins engineering pilot trial - Times Times Online - Auckland
Point View School has won a nationwide trial involving more than 20 schools. In terms 1 and 2, Engineering New Zealand (ENZ) trialed the Wonder Project ...
- Gary Clark Jr. defines moment with "This Land" The Lawton Constitution
The columnist was fortunate enough to get an advance listen to the newest album from iconic Austin, Texas, guitar slinger extraordinaire Gary Clark Jr. titled ...
- Maranatha High School Salutes North Carolina Family, Names Football Field in Their Honor Friday | Pasadena California, Hotels,CA Real Estate,Restaurants,City Guide... - Pasadena.com Pasadena Now
For anyone that has ever been involved in sports, there is only one thing more humbling than having a field or court named after you. And that's when it's done ...
- School district employee faces assault and battery charge Manning Live
A Manning woman employed with Clarendon School District 1 faces up to 30 days in jail and a fine of $500 after being charged over the weekend with ...
- Police search for man who stabbed 7-year-old girl at Ohio school Fox News
Authorities in Ohio are searching for a man who is suspected of stabbing a 7-year-old girl on a school playground during recess Friday, leaving her seriously ...
- Carmel Convent, Chandigarh The Tribune
TheTribune: SHARDA SARVHITKARI:Carmel Convent School inaugurated its radio channel, designed to air students' views on a global platform.
- Youth rapes neighbour, held The Tribune
TheTribune: CHANDIGARH: A 27-year-old youth has been arrested for allegedly raping his neighbour at Dhanas. Sources said they received a complaint from a ...
- Q&A with President Bardo Wichita State Sunflower
A president's job is to look to the future, Bardo said. The responsibility of handling the here and now is largely for vice presidents. Bardo said this and many other ...
- Family of girl stabbed at recess to sue Dayton Public Schools Dayton Daily News
Family members of a 7-year-old girl who was stabbed on a Dayton school playground during recess last May plan to sue Dayton Public Schools, alleging n.
- Global Robotics Company Abilix Revolutionizes At-Home STEM Learning with Robotics U NewsCenter.io
A global leader in educational robotics, Abilix launched their latest line of educational robotics in North America. Called Robotics U, the line is set to.
- Men of Color mentor young Dayton students Dayton Daily News
Leaders of Dayton's Men of Color initiative fanned out to several Dayton Public Schools on Wednesday, encouraging black male students to believe in ...
- Creating a 'test kitchen' to come up with a better school accountability plan in California EdSource
Four organizations and three California school districts will attempt to create what the State Board of Education and the California Department of Education have ...
- East Cincy Yoga breathes life into Batavia with yoga, meditation and support network The Clermont Sun
Editor For Lori Kirsch of East Cincy Yoga in Batavia, she's in the business of making people feel good. Kirsch, the owner and mother of two children…
- DPS Teachers Pack Up Classrooms In Preparation For Possible Strike WYSO
Flanked by U-Haul moving trucks, more than 100 teachers rallied outside a Dayton Public Schools board meeting Wednesday night amid ongoing contract.
- Youth Strike 4 Climate protests take place across Britain Daily Mail
Youth Strike 4 Climate organisers say strikes are taking place in 60 towns and cities from Cornwall to the Highlands, in the face of 'an alarming lack of ...
- What happens next? Gisborne Herald
We've been hearing a lot lately about 50 years of human activity wiping out more than half of mammals, birds, fish and reptiles. I reckon we should connect those ...