Started in 2016 by a group of educators and technologists in California, Wonderschool offers a platform where people can start infant and toddler programs and preschools out of their homes.
Wonderschool supports experienced educators and childcare providers to start their own childcares or preschools out of their homes, whether they live in apartments, condos, or homes that they rent or own.
Wonderschool provides assistance with licensing, program setup, marketing and everything in between. The company’s software platform allows teachers to manage their students, parents, and their program from one dashboard. Along with this, Wonderschool has built a marketplace for parents to search Wonderschool programs, schedule visits, enroll their children, and make payments.
It’s been proven time and time again that children should start developing cognitive, motor, behavioral, and social skills from as early as 6 months and Wonderschool is committed to increasing families’ access to high quality care and learning environments for children.
- Wonderschool raises $20M to help people start in-home preschools TechCrunch
- Wonderschool Closes $20 Million in Series A Financing to Help Teachers Start High-Quality In-Home Preschools and Daycares PR Newswire
- Andreessen Horowitz Leads $20 Million Investment in Wonderschool, an ‘Airbnb for Preschool’ EdSurge
- The Funded: Bay Area health, education startups pull in more than $280 million in VC at week's end Silicon Valley Business Journal
- Andreesson Horowitz leads $20 million investment in Wonderschool to expand marketplace for in-home preschools VentureBeat
- View full coverage on Google News
- Want to start a preschool at home? Wonderschool can help San Francisco Chronicle
Working as a preschool therapist, Kristina Gonzalez found she enjoyed the classroom time the most. As she and her husband looked ahead to starting a family, ...
- Child care in the US is broken. Wonderschool thinks it has the solution Quartz
The US child care system is a hot mess. Parents don't have federally-protected time off to bond with their children, despite hoards of research showing how ...
- This Airbnb for pre-K is trying to fix early childhood education VICE
Wonderschool's online platform looks like an Airbnb for pre-K. But the San Francisco company also provides a series of services — with the goal of making it ...
- The potential fixes to our broken daycare system are coming from surprising places MarketWatch
These companies working to make early childhood care more available and affordable for parents.
- Wonderschool raised $20m to disrupt preschool with its start-your-own school app The Hustle
Wonderschool raised a $20m Series A to expand its start-your-own-preschool software platform.
- K-12 Dealmaking: Wonderschool Raises $20 Million; littleBits Acquires DIY Education Week
Wonderschool, a platform aims to help experienced educators and childcare providers start and run their own in-home businesses, raised $20 million.
- In a tough business, startups vie to become the Uber and Lyft of child care Chalkbeat Colorado
A growing cadre of companies aim to attract thousands of home-based child care providers to a notoriously tough field by making the job easier and more ...
- How This Startup Is Disrupting Preschool And Turning Teachers Into Entrepreneurs Forbes Now
Wonderschool is leading a new movement in early childhood education. They recently announced a $2 million seed round of financing. The company provides ...
- Koch school in Wichita Wichita Eagle
Wonder, a private school financed by members of the Koch family, will open Sept. 4 with 39 students in a former print shop on the Wichita State University ...
- 6 Innovative Business Models Reinventing the Future of Everything From Daycare to Drones Inc.
Making microbes do our bidding. A better-than-Craigslist way to find roommates. The new way forward for daycare. Here's how six great companies--and their ...
- A San Francisco startup wants to fix childcare by helping educators start their own schools out of their homes Business Insider
San Francisco based startup Wonderschool runs a network child care programs. They recently raised $2 million.
- Wonderschool gets $2.1M to bring its early childhood programs to New York City TechCrunch
Wonderschool, a network of in-home daycare and preschools, plans to open 150 programs in New York City after raising $2.1 million in new funding. The capital ...
- Wonderschool gets $2M to help solve America’s childcare quandary TechCrunch
In the U.S., childcare presents a nerve-wracking quagmire for parents. It's expensive—almost a fifth of American families spend more than a quarter of their ...
- Self-Driving Truck Startup Kodiak Ventures Secures $40 Million in Funding Entrepreneur
Plus, there is a new feature on Uber that uses machine learning, and Wonderschool raises $20 million.
- Youth Strike 4 Climate protests take place across Britain Daily Mail
Youth Strike 4 Climate organisers say strikes are taking place in 60 towns and cities from Cornwall to the Highlands, in the face of 'an alarming lack of ...
- Wonderschool Closes $20 Million Series A Silicon Valley Daily
SAN FRANCISCO — Wonderschool has closed $20 million in Series A financing led by Andreessen Horowitz with general partner Jeff Jordan joining its board.
- Brightwheel Bags $21 Million Series B Round to Support Childcare Providers EdSurge
BRIGHT WHEELS KEEP ON TURNING: Brightwheel, a San Francisco-based startup that offers program management software for early-childcare providers, has ...
- How Seven Tuck Students Spent Their Summer Tuck School
From Danaher, to TripAdvisor, to Microsoft and Xbox, here's how seven Tuck School of Business MBA students spent their summers.
- Wonderschool start-up helps teachers open their own pre-schools KGO-TV
Bay Area preschool teachers have discovered a new path to financial security and freedom through a start-up called Wonderschool.
- Pre-K home-school provider to open 150 'boutique' programs New York Post
Wonderschool, a San Francisco-based venture that helps pre-K teachers and child-care providers run preschools out of their homes, plans to open 150...
- Chris Bennett, CEO of Soldsie and Wonderschool, is a true entrepreneur Rolling Out
Silicon Valley is home to industry disrupters and capable individuals with inventive minds, and one such person is Chris Bennett, CEO of two new startups.
- Wonderschool Raises $2 Million to Make High-Quality Preschool Education Widely Available PR Newswire
SAN FRANCISCO, June 19, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Wonderschool, a network of boutique early childhood programs that combine the quality standards of the ...
- Healing the body, hurting the wallet The Hustle
A new exposé from Axios brought to light many drug manufacturers' practice of combining multiple generic over-the-counter medications and selling them as ...
- Colorado startups vie to become the Uber and Lyft of child care The Denver Post
One summer morning, Yemi Habte sat at the kitchen table in her suburban Aurora home poring over a 10-page packet of child care forms with her mentor Steph ...
- Wonderschool Raises $2 Million to Help Educators Provide Quality Preschool Black Enterprise
Are you an educator? Wonderschool is helping teachers get back into the workforce—and earn more money—by opening their own quality preschool.
- Wonderschool inks $2.1 mln PE Hub
Wonderschool, a network of early childhood programs, has secured $2.1 million in funding. The investors were Omidyar Network, Be Curious Partners, Rethink ...
- Uber and the False Hopes of the Sharing Economy The New York Times
Though ride share companies fought hard against City Council regulations, the laws are unlikely to quell the miseries of professional drivers.
- Tech Entrepreneur Raises $2M To Expand In-Home Preschool Platform In 15 Cities Moguldom
Tech entrepreneur raises $2M in seed funding to expand a platform that lets child care providers earn money in their own in-home preschool.
- Childcare Provider Platform, Weecare Raises $4.2 in Seed Funding EdSurge
AWAY WEE GO: Weecare, a Los Angeles-based provider of a platform that aims to help caregivers start and manage daycare businesses for young children, ...
- In a world run by Donald Trump, no wonder school bullies are thriving Telegraph.co.uk
I'm not sure exactly when it was that adults and lawyers co-opted the term 'bullying' – turning it into the kind of trigger word that immediately brought on concerns ...
- 13 young venture capitalists in Los Angeles tech to watch INSIDER
BI Prime: These are the young venture capitalists who are shaping the Los Angeles tech scene into the Silicon Valley of tomorrow.
- Koch family to open new kind of private school at Wichita State University Bradenton Herald
Chase and Annie Koch are getting into the private school business in Wichita, financing a new pre-K-through-12th-grade school on the WSU campus.
- Founders of Koch-backed private school ‘blown away’ by interest Wichita Eagle
Founders of a Koch-financed private school going up at WSU say interest in the school is so high, they're already looking for a bigger site.
- Columbus Museum of Art, Columbus State launching creativity-focused preschool Columbus Business First
The Columbus Museum of Art and neighbor Columbus State Community College are launching a part-time preschool this fall, collaborating with Childhood ...
- $3.3M security camera upgrade targets Dayton school safety Dayton Daily News
Dayton Public Schools is spending $3.3 million to upgrade video cameras in all 27 of its schools after current cameras have failed to capture on-campus ...
- K-12 Dealmaking: Hero K12 Takes In $150 Million; Lingokids Raises $4 Million Education Week
In recent dealmaking news, several ed-tech startups announced they have drawn investments, including student behavior management app Hero K12, which ...
- ‘Education should be something different’: Koch-funded school almost ready to open The Wichita Eagle
Wonder, a private school financed by members of the Koch family, will open next month on the Wichita State campus.
- Early Childhood Is Ripe For Investment in Innovation, Says Philanthropic Network Education Week
The Omidyar Network, which has invested nearly $1 billion dollars in multiple areas including education, is drawing attention to early childhood as an area for ...
- Private school on campus? Wichita State should learn from its own history Wichita Eagle
Dr. Martin F. Palmer was the greatest Wichita pioneer most people have never heard of. Yet in his time and for a decade after his death in 1965, his creation, the ...
- KHANNA, PORTER on progressive wish list -- SENATE details RUSSIAN SOCIAL MEDIA effort -- BECERRA launches OBAMACARE defense -- HUNTER to get his wings clipped Politico
THE BUZZ: Nancy Pelosi may have defused a revolt against her resumed speakership, but the party's ascendant left wing is continuing to jostle for influence.
- Marlon Nichols Is Changing The Face of Venture Capital Forbes Now
The lack of diversity in venture capital is no secret. The Silicon Valley stereotype of white male-dominated meetings and exclusive country club deals is backed ...
- Be Curious Partners Invests In Kinedu, New Baby Development App PR Newswire
ATLANTA, Sept. 13, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- This week, Be Curious Partners closed on a new investment in the baby learning and development app, Kinedu.
- Private Koch-Funded School on Public Campus Raises Questions Nonprofit Quarterly
The president of Wichita State University has decided that the bounds of the public-private Innovation Campus are really more a “state of mind,” opening up the ...
- The Next Koch Doesn't Like Politics POLITICO
Chase Koch, son of Charles, wants to steer the conservative juggernaut his family created toward a kinder, gentler libertarianism.
- Pro Rata - August 10, 2018 Axios
Situational awareness: Stocks are way down as Trump tweeted plans to double steel and aluminum tariffs on Turkey, whose currency is in free-fall.
- 25 black founders and VCs to watch in 2018 PitchBook News & Analysis
In honor of Black History Month, we've compiled a list of 25 black founders and VCs paving the way for the next generation of entrepreneurs.
- Woman hit in Belmont intersection dies The Boston Globe
A 39-year-old pedestrian who was struck in a Belmont crosswalk Tuesday has died from her injuries, according to the Middlesex district attorney's office.
- What would a venture capitalist say about that? Startups get a chance to find out Miami Herald
Access to capital is lacking — that's a common refrain among Miami area entrepreneurs, and particularly in minority communities. So Derick Pearson and ...
- As Alternative Higher-Ed Pathways Take Off, We’re Still Forgetting Parent Learners EdSurge
Higher education has, in some ways, woken up to the realities of demographic and technological change. Institutions can't keep preparing the same students for ...
- Interview with Allison Stern, Co-Founder & CSO at Tubular MarTech Series
The Martech Interview Series with Allison Stern is a fun Q&A style chat. It follows a two part format On Marketing Technology, and This Is How I Work.
- Investors are putting serious cash into black and Latino-founded businesses ImpactAlpha
Partners at minority-focused investment firm Harlem Capital were told “there aren't enough black and latino companies raising significant capital.” A search ...
- Police arrest two after incident on property of businessman Chase Koch Wichita Business Journal
The Wichita Police Department arrested two men Tuesday night after an incident it says involved a vehicle being used to ram both a private security vehicle and ...
- Ceniarth's $200 million shift, Branson's climate-smart accelerator, Warren's mandate for stakeholder capitalism ImpactAlpha
Greetings, ImpactAlpha readers! We're back from a brief break to our regularly scheduled programming. Enjoy your morning brief and get more all day on ...
- High school students participate in rock band contest Times of India
Eight teams from Tricity participated in Galactica Rock Show where Soaring Eagles, rock band from St. Johns High School, Chandigarh bagged the first prize.
- Checkr adds ongoing screening for gig economy workers San Francisco Chronicle
Daniel Yanisse and Jonathan Perichon were working at startup Deliv when they saw a gap in its business model — and that of other on-demand companies.
- WSU Innovation Campus: public land, private business? Wichita Eagle
Wichita State University leased a building on its campus to a new private school that began construction, hired staff and is well on its way to welcoming its first ...
- Dayton board to vote today on $3.3M school security cameras, work on new HQ Dayton Daily News
Dayton's school board is expected to approve a $3.3 million contract today to dramatically improve security camera coverage within its schools. The board meets ...
- 10 things you should know about Koch family-funded private school coming to Wichita State Wichita State Sunflower
Wonder about Wonder? You're not alone. After a story in the Sunday Wichita Eagle broke the news that a Koch family-funded private school — called Wonder ...
- 10 Edtech Investment Groups and Venture Capitalist Firms That You Should Know About The Tech Edvocate
If you are attempting to fund your edtech company, you need to know which investment groups and venture capitalist firms to keep an eye out for. These ten ...
- 3 teens arrested in Dayton school break-in; Taser used Dayton Daily News
Dayton police found four juveniles in the act of breaking into a school early Saturday morning and apprehended three of them as they fled on foot, using a Taser ...
- EdTech Startup EMERITUS Gains $40 Million in Series C Funding NewsCenter.io
EMERITUS, an edtech company that partners with US and European universities to provide online courses to working professionals, successfully completed a ...
- Tinkergarten Raises $5.4M to Get Kids to Go Outside, Play and Learn EdSurge
For Brian Fitzgerald, what began as a newborn side project in 2012—when he was working at edtech startup Knewton—has become a fully-grown venture of ...
- EFF to Appellate Court: Protect Biometric Privacy EFF
Big tech companies are surveilling your face for profit. Fortunately, Illinois' Biometric Information Privacy Act (BIPA) prohibits companies from harvesting and ...
- Top VC Deals: NewTV raises $1 billion, Kodiak scores $40 million for self-driving trucks CNBC
NewTV, a subscription streaming *service* for premium short-form *content* that's launching by Christmas of 2019, aims to disrupt Hollywood the way HBO did in ...
- Family of girl stabbed at recess to sue Dayton Public Schools Dayton Daily News
Family members of a 7-year-old girl who was stabbed on a Dayton school playground during recess last May plan to sue Dayton Public Schools, alleging n.
- The new Manchester school that teaches meditation as well as maths Manchester Evening News
Offered as an alternative to mainstream education, the part-time venture is aimed at home schooled children.
- There’s no meat, eggs or dairy -- but don’t call them vegan Wichita Eagle
There's a new wave of eggless and meatless products, but their makers don't want to call them "vegan.".
- Days of Wonder School offers alternative education for students The Clermont Sun
By Kristin Rover Sun staff Students at Days of Wonder School in Batavia have found a unique learning environment thanks to Cynthia Day, a former public ...
- Reward increased in World of Wonder school stabbing | Dayton News WHIO
Dayton police asking again for the public to share any information, tips in the case.
- Homeschools find different ways to spend summer break, often with learning elements WCPO Cincinnati
Homeschool students get summer breaks like their public school peers, but in different ways.
- Men of Color mentor young Dayton students Dayton Daily News
Leaders of Dayton's Men of Color initiative fanned out to several Dayton Public Schools on Wednesday, encouraging black male students to believe in ...
- Point View School wins engineering pilot trial - Times Times Online - Auckland
Point View School has won a nationwide trial involving more than 20 schools. In terms 1 and 2, Engineering New Zealand (ENZ) trialed the Wonder Project ...
- Forest school begins operation in Philomath Albany Democrat Herald
Kyla Basher and Brian Crosby love nature. And when it comes to early childhood education, they believe the outdoors provides the most beneficial type of ...
- The Brief's Big 7: Remaining rich, looking through impact lenses, stakeholders stake their claim, terms sheets for the 80% ImpactAlpha
Greetings, ImpactAlpha readers – and writers! We're proud to be the place Agents of Impact come to drive the conversation forward. Diane Isenberg's thoughtful ...
- School district employee faces assault and battery charge Manning Live
A Manning woman employed with Clarendon School District 1 faces up to 30 days in jail and a fine of $500 after being charged over the weekend with ...
- Term Sheet -- Tuesday, January 9 Fortune
Good morning, Term Sheet readers. Let's look back at 2017 one more time before we close that chapter completely. It was a banner year for venture capital.
- Maranatha High School Salutes North Carolina Family, Names Football Field in Their Honor Friday | Pasadena California, Hotels,CA Real Estate,Restaurants,City Guide... - Pasadena.com Pasadena Now
For anyone that has ever been involved in sports, there is only one thing more humbling than having a field or court named after you. And that's when it's done ...
- Global Robotics Company Abilix Revolutionizes At-Home STEM Learning with Robotics U NewsCenter.io
A global leader in educational robotics, Abilix launched their latest line of educational robotics in North America. Called Robotics U, the line is set to.
- Q&A with President Bardo Wichita State Sunflower
A president's job is to look to the future, Bardo said. The responsibility of handling the here and now is largely for vice presidents. Bardo said this and many other ...
- Report to Congress on US Navy Frigate (FFG(X)) Program USNI News
The following is the July 31, 2018 Congressional Research *Service* report, Navy Frigate (FFG(X)) Program: Background and Issues for Congress.
- School renaming sparks protest, division | News Palo Alto Online
A proposal to rename a Palo Alto middle school after Fred Yamamoto, a Japanese-American Palo Altan who died in battle in World War II, has sparked intense ...
- How the Top 5 PC Makers Open Your Laptop to Hackers WIRED
Top software makers put a lot of effort into securing the updates they send to your devices. But it turns out the top hardware makers aren't so careful.
- Housing heats up development across Lee’s Summit Kansas City Star
Development numbers paint the picture of Lee's Summit as a growing city for residents and business.
- 26 Tricity schools take part in declamation contest The Times of India
An inter-school declamation contest was organized by Shemrock Senior Secondary School in Sector 69, Mohali.As many as 26 schools of the Tricity took p.
- Creating a 'test kitchen' to come up with a better school accountability plan in California EdSource
Four organizations and three California school districts will attempt to create what the State Board of Education and the California Department of Education have ...
- The Unmistakable Style of Inge Morath, One of Magnum’s First Female Photographers Slate Magazine
Inge Morath may have frequently photographed well-dressed people and many figures of the fashion world, but to call her a fashion photographer would be...
- 'GCSEs don't matter nearly as much as we make out' TES News
As students sit their last GCSEs, remind them it's not the end of the world if they fail, says a director of sixth form.
- New Product Alert: Pluralsight IQ NewsCenter.io
Pluralsight is an education app that aims to measure people's skills in dozens of technologies for free. In as little as five minutes and 20 questions, use.
- Beaverton school bus drivers wanted: Lots of patience and intense training required (video) The Oregonian - OregonLive.com
Job description: Ability to drive a 40-foot-long bus filled with 84 loud children along skinny rural roads and in heavy traffic in the dark and the rain. It's no wonder ...
- Bobby Brown to Receive the R&B Soul Music Icon Award at 3rd Annual Black Music Honors The BoomBox
Bobby Brown will receive the R&B Music Soul Icon Award at the 3rd Annual Black Music Honors taking place Thursday, August 16, in Nashville, TN.
- Pi and its part in the most beautiful formula in mathematics The Conversation AU
Pi Day is upon us again, for those who note today's date in the format 3/14 (March 14). But rather than talk about Pi Day itself, as I did last year, this year I want to ...
- English-Speaking Private Schools Market Experiencing Rapid Global Growth Education Week
London. The English-speaking private schools market around the world is growing fast, increasing 18 percent in one year to a value of $45 billion, based on ...
- On the Town: Jones takes helm of La Providencia Guild Los Angeles Times
Glenda Jones, who took the presidential reins of the Burbank-based La Providencia Guild of Children's Hospital Los Angeles during the group's reorganization ...
- New Product Alert: Gimlet NewsCenter.io
Gimlet is a live classroom quiz game for high school students to make learning fun and engaging. Students go to Gimlet on any phone, tablet, laptop, Chrome.
- East Cincy Yoga breathes life into Batavia with yoga, meditation and support network The Clermont Sun
By Brett Milam Editor For Lori Kirsch of East Cincy Yoga in Batavia, she's in the business of making people feel good. Kirsch, the owner and mother of two…
- Two Dayton school bus crashes send 12 to hospitals Dayton Daily News
Two Dayton Public Schools buses were involved in crashes that sent a total of 12 people to the hospital Monday morning, but injuries in both cases were ...
- Who Calls the Shots in School Purchasing? Vendors, K-12 Officials Disagree Education Week News
One of the biggest hurdles facing ed-tech companies trying to sell their products in schools is a decidedly fundamental one: How can they tell which school ...
- Michael Gregory Jackson Comes Full Circle with “Spirit Signal Strata” HuffPost
One of the most influential guitarist to emerge during New York's loft jazz scene of the 70s has returned to his pursuit of things fully outside with his newest ...
- Debate US Style: NRA Official Calls for Killing Supporters of Gun Regulation Sputnik International
Following increased calls for common-sense gun regulation in the US, an official with the NRA has called for the killing of those who disagree with the group's ...