Started in 2016 by a group of educators and technologists in California, Wonderschool offers a platform where people can start infant and toddler programs and preschools out of their homes.
Wonderschool supports experienced educators and childcare providers to start their own childcares or preschools out of their homes, whether they live in apartments, condos, or homes that they rent or own.
Wonderschool provides assistance with licensing, program setup, marketing and everything in between. The company’s software platform allows teachers to manage their students, parents, and their program from one dashboard. Along with this, Wonderschool has built a marketplace for parents to search Wonderschool programs, schedule visits, enroll their children, and make payments.
It’s been proven time and time again that children should start developing cognitive, motor, behavioral, and social skills from as early as 6 months and Wonderschool is committed to increasing families’ access to high quality care and learning environments for children.
Sign up for the Moguldom newsletter — business news you need to know about economic empowerment for the digital age, delivered to your inbox.
- Wonderschool raises $20M to help people start in-home preschools TechCrunch
- Andreessen Horowitz Leads $20 Million Investment in Wonderschool, an ‘Airbnb for Preschool’ EdSurge
- Wonderschool Closes $20 Million in Series A Financing to Help Teachers Start High-Quality In-Home Preschools and Daycares PR Newswire
- The Funded: Bay Area health, education startups pull in more than $280 million in VC at week's end Silicon Valley Business Journal
- Andreesson Horowitz leads $20 million investment in Wonderschool to expand marketplace for in-home preschools VentureBeat
- View full coverage on Google News
- Child care in the US is broken. Wonderschool thinks it has the solution Quartz
The US child care system is a hot mess. Parents don't have federally-protected time off to bond with their children, despite hoards of research showing how ...
- Want to start a preschool at home? Wonderschool can help San Francisco Chronicle
Working as a preschool therapist, Kristina Gonzalez found she enjoyed the classroom time the most. As she and her husband looked ahead to starting a family, ...
- Wonderschool raised $20m to disrupt preschool with its start-your-own school app The Hustle
Wonderschool raised a $20m Series A to expand its start-your-own-preschool software platform.
- K-12 Dealmaking: Wonderschool Raises $20 Million; littleBits Acquires DIY Education Week
Wonderschool, a platform aims to help experienced educators and childcare providers start and run their own in-home businesses, raised $20 million.
- Wonderschool gets $2.1M to bring its early childhood programs to New York City TechCrunch
Wonderschool, a network of in-home daycare and preschools, plans to open 150 programs in New York City after raising $2.1 million in new funding. The capital ...
- How This Startup Is Disrupting Preschool And Turning Teachers Into Entrepreneurs Forbes Now
Wonderschool is leading a new movement in early childhood education. They recently announced a $2 million seed round of financing. The company provides ...
- Pre-K home-school provider to open 150 'boutique' programs New York Post
Wonderschool, a San Francisco-based venture that helps pre-K teachers and child-care providers run preschools out of their homes, plans to open 150...
- Self-Driving Truck Startup Kodiak Ventures Secures $40 Million in Funding Entrepreneur
Plus, there is a new feature on Uber that uses machine learning, and Wonderschool raises $20 million.
- Wonderschool Closes $20 Million Series A Silicon Valley Daily
SAN FRANCISCO — Wonderschool has closed $20 million in Series A financing led by Andreessen Horowitz with general partner Jeff Jordan joining its board.
- Koch school in Wichita Wichita Eagle
Wonder, a private school financed by members of the Koch family, will open Sept. 4 with 39 students in a former print shop on the Wichita State University ...
- Brightwheel Bags $21 Million Series B Round to Support Childcare Providers EdSurge
BRIGHT WHEELS KEEP ON TURNING: Brightwheel, a San Francisco-based startup that offers program management software for early-childcare providers, has ...
- Wonderschool gets $2M to help solve America’s childcare quandary TechCrunch
In the U.S., childcare presents a nerve-wracking quagmire for parents. It's expensive—almost a fifth of American families spend more than a quarter of their ...
- A San Francisco startup wants to fix childcare by helping educators start their own schools out of their homes Business Insider
San Francisco based startup Wonderschool runs a network child care programs. They recently raised $2 million.
- Childcare Provider Platform, Weecare Raises $4.2 in Seed Funding EdSurge
AWAY WEE GO: Weecare, a Los Angeles-based provider of a platform that aims to help caregivers start and manage daycare businesses for young children, ...
- The potential fixes to our broken daycare system are coming from surprising places MarketWatch
These companies working to make early childhood care more available and affordable for parents.
- Wonderschool Raises $2 Million to Help Educators Provide Quality Preschool Black Enterprise
Are you an educator? Wonderschool is helping teachers get back into the workforce—and earn more money—by opening their own quality preschool.
- Wonderschool Raises $2 Million to Make High-Quality Preschool Education Widely Available PR Newswire
SAN FRANCISCO, June 19, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Wonderschool, a network of boutique early childhood programs that combine the quality standards of the ...
- Wonderschool inks $2.1 mln PE Hub
Wonderschool, a network of early childhood programs, has secured $2.1 million in funding. The investors were Omidyar Network, Be Curious Partners, Rethink ...
- Tech Entrepreneur Raises $2M To Expand In-Home Preschool Platform In 15 Cities Moguldom
Tech entrepreneur raises $2M in seed funding to expand a platform that lets child care providers earn money in their own in-home preschool.
- Wonderschool start-up helps teachers open their own pre-schools KGO-TV
Bay Area preschool teachers have discovered a new path to financial security and freedom through a start-up called Wonderschool.
- Chris Bennett, CEO of Soldsie and Wonderschool, is a true entrepreneur Rolling Out
Silicon Valley is home to industry disrupters and capable individuals with inventive minds, and one such person is Chris Bennett, CEO of two new startups.
- Private Wonder school opens its doors at Wichita State Wichita State Sunflower
Cofounder of Wonder, Zach Lahn, speaks to The Sunflower about the new school that opened its doors this month on the Wichita State campus. With Hurricane ...
- Koch family to open new kind of private school at Wichita State University Bradenton Herald
Chase and Annie Koch are getting into the private school business in Wichita, financing a new pre-K-through-12th-grade school on the WSU campus.
- Wonderschool, a Marketplace for Early Childhood Programs, Raises $2 Million EdSurge
WONDERSCHOOL, a San Francisco startup that offers a marketplace for in-home childcare programs, has raised $2 million in a seed round led by First ...
- Founders of Koch-backed private school ‘blown away’ by interest Wichita Eagle
Founders of a Koch-financed private school going up at WSU say interest in the school is so high, they're already looking for a bigger site.
- Healing the body, hurting the wallet The Hustle
A new exposé from Axios brought to light many drug manufacturers' practice of combining multiple generic over-the-counter medications and selling them as ...
- Tuck MBA Internships Span Industries Tuck School
From Danaher, to TripAdvisor, to Microsoft and Xbox, here's how seven Tuck School of Business MBA students spent their summers.
- New firm wants to enhance early childhood education plus help mothers re-enter the workforce The Undefeated
There is one education-based tech company that has found a way for mothers to become teachers at home, which offers them the opportunity to become ...
- 6 Innovative Business Models Reinventing the Future of Everything From Daycare to Drones Inc.
Making microbes do our bidding. A better-than-Craigslist way to find roommates. The new way forward for daycare. Here's how six great companies--and their ...
- Uber and the False Hopes of the Sharing Economy The New York Times
Though ride share companies fought hard against City Council regulations, the laws are unlikely to quell the miseries of professional drivers.
- In a world run by Donald Trump, no wonder school bullies are thriving Telegraph.co.uk
I'm not sure exactly when it was that adults and lawyers co-opted the term 'bullying' – turning it into the kind of trigger word that immediately brought on concerns ...
- ‘Education should be something different’: Koch-funded school almost ready to open The Wichita Eagle
Wonder, a private school financed by members of the Koch family, will open next month on the Wichita State campus.
- 13 young venture capitalists in Los Angeles tech to watch INSIDER
BI Prime: These are the young venture capitalists who are shaping the Los Angeles tech scene into the Silicon Valley of tomorrow.
- Private school on campus? Wichita State should learn from its own history Wichita Eagle
Dr. Martin F. Palmer was the greatest Wichita pioneer most people have never heard of. Yet in his time and for a decade after his death in 1965, his creation, the ...
- Columbus Museum of Art, Columbus State launching creativity-focused preschool Columbus Business First
The Columbus Museum of Art and neighbor Columbus State Community College are launching a part-time preschool this fall, collaborating with Childhood ...
- Interview with Allison Stern, Co-Founder & CSO at Tubular MarTech Series
The Martech Interview Series with Allison Stern is a fun Q&A style chat. It follows a two part format On Marketing Technology, and This Is How I Work.
- Marlon Nichols Is Changing The Face of Venture Capital Forbes Now
The lack of diversity in venture capital is no secret. The Silicon Valley stereotype of white male-dominated meetings and exclusive country club deals is backed ...
- 25 black founders and VCs to watch in 2018 PitchBook News & Analysis
In honor of Black History Month, we've compiled a list of 25 black founders and VCs paving the way for the next generation of entrepreneurs.
- Private Koch-Funded School on Public Campus Raises Questions Nonprofit Quarterly
The president of Wichita State University has decided that the bounds of the public-private Innovation Campus are really more a “state of mind,” opening up the ...
- K-12 Dealmaking: Hero K12 Takes In $150 Million; Lingokids Raises $4 Million Education Week
In recent dealmaking news, several ed-tech startups announced they have drawn investments, including student behavior management app Hero K12, which ...
- Pro Rata - August 10, 2018 Axios
Situational awareness: Stocks are way down as Trump tweeted plans to double steel and aluminum tariffs on Turkey, whose currency is in free-fall.
- Term Sheet -- Friday, August 10 Fortune
Happy Friday, Term Sheet readers. WeWork has raised another $1 billion in funding from SoftBank to grow. The financing came in the form of a subordinated ...
- Be Curious Partners Invests In Kinedu, New Baby Development App PR Newswire
ATLANTA, Sept. 13, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- This week, Be Curious Partners closed on a new investment in the baby learning and development app, Kinedu.
- 10 things you should know about Koch family-funded private school coming to Wichita State Wichita State Sunflower
Wonder about Wonder? You're not alone. After a story in the Sunday Wichita Eagle broke the news that a Koch family-funded private school — called Wonder ...
- As Alternative Higher-Ed Pathways Take Off, We’re Still Forgetting Parent Learners EdSurge
Higher education has, in some ways, woken up to the realities of demographic and technological change. Institutions can't keep preparing the same ...
- WSU responds to critics of Koch-backed private school on campus Wichita Eagle
Wichita State University officials say a new private school being financed by members of the Koch family and built on the WSU campus is a good fit for the ...
- Ceniarth's $200 million shift, Branson's climate-smart accelerator, Warren's mandate for stakeholder capitalism ImpactAlpha
Greetings, ImpactAlpha readers! We're back from a brief break to our regularly scheduled programming. Enjoy your morning brief and get more all day on ...
- What would a venture capitalist say about that? Startups get a chance to find out Miami Herald
Access to capital is lacking — that's a common refrain among Miami area entrepreneurs, and particularly in minority communities. So Derick Pearson and ...
- 10 Edtech Investment Groups and Venture Capitalist Firms That You Should Know About The Tech Edvocate
If you are attempting to fund your edtech company, you need to know which investment groups and venture capitalist firms to keep an eye out for. These ten ...
- Investors are putting serious cash into black and Latino-founded businesses ImpactAlpha
Partners at minority-focused investment firm Harlem Capital were told “there aren't enough black and latino companies raising significant capital.” A search ...
- Woman hit in Belmont intersection dies The Boston Globe
A 39-year-old pedestrian who was struck in a Belmont crosswalk Tuesday has died from her injuries, according to the Middlesex district attorney's office.
- Tinkergarten Raises $5.4M to Get Kids to Go Outside, Play and Learn EdSurge
For Brian Fitzgerald, what began as a newborn side project in 2012—when he was working at edtech startup Knewton—has become a fully-grown venture of ...
- Checkr adds ongoing screening for gig economy workers San Francisco Chronicle
Daniel Yanisse and Jonathan Perichon were working at startup Deliv when they saw a gap in its business model — and that of other on-demand companies.
- WSU Innovation Campus: public land, private business? Wichita Eagle
Wichita State University leased a building on its campus to a new private school that began construction, hired staff and is well on its way to welcoming its first ...
- Colorado startups vie to become the Uber and Lyft of child care The Denver Post
One summer morning, Yemi Habte sat at the kitchen table in her suburban Aurora home poring over a 10-page packet of child care forms with her mentor Steph ...
- Top VC Deals: NewTV raises $1 billion, Kodiak scores $40 million for self-driving trucks CNBC
NewTV, a subscription streaming *service* for premium short-form *content* that's launching by Christmas of 2019, aims to disrupt Hollywood the way HBO did in ...
- K-12 Dealmaking: IXL Learning Makes Acquisition; Brightwheel Raises $21 Million Education Week
Personalized learning platform has acquired educational games provider ABCya, and early education software provider Brightwheel has raised $21 million.
- The new Manchester school that teaches meditation as well as maths Manchester Evening News
Offered as an alternative to mainstream education, the part-time venture is aimed at home schooled children.
- Reward increased in World of Wonder school stabbing | Dayton News WHIO
Dayton police asking again for the public to share any information, tips in the case.
- Police: Man charged in subway push hit another at station Wichita Eagle
Before a mother was pushed in front of a commuter train in Atlanta, police say the man responsible had struck another woman in the head at the same station ...
- There’s no meat, eggs or dairy -- but don’t call them vegan Wichita Eagle
There's a new wave of eggless and meatless products, but their makers don't want to call them "vegan.".
- Days of Wonder School offers alternative education for students The Clermont Sun
By Kristin Rover Sun staff Students at Days of Wonder School in Batavia have found a unique learning environment thanks to Cynthia Day, a former public ...
- Term Sheet -- Tuesday, January 9 Fortune
Good morning, Term Sheet readers. Let's look back at 2017 one more time before we close that chapter completely. It was a banner year for venture capital.
- Latest: Hawaii’s Big Island down to tropical storm warning Wichita Eagle
The Latest on Hurricane Lane (all times local):. 5:20 p.m.. Meteorologists are downgrading the Big Island of Hawaii to a tropical storm warning as Hurricane ...
- AG looks to open probe into whether Cohen violated tax law Wichita Eagle
A person familiar with the matter says New York's attorney general is looking to open a criminal investigation into whether Michael Cohen also violated state tax ...
- Homeschools find different ways to spend summer break, often with learning elements WCPO Cincinnati
Homeschool students get summer breaks like their public school peers, but in different ways.
- The Holy Wonder School celebrated Mother's Day at its campus with fun and frolic Punjab News Express
Punjab News ExpressMOHALI: The Holy Wonder School celebrated Mother's Day at its campus .A cultural program was organized for the mothers ,which ...
- Family of girl stabbed at recess to sue Dayton Public Schools Dayton Daily News
Family members of a 7-year-old girl who was stabbed on a Dayton school playground during recess last May plan to sue Dayton Public Schools, alleging n.
- School district employee faces assault and battery charge Manning Live
A Manning woman employed with Clarendon School District 1 faces up to 30 days in jail and a fine of $500 after being charged over the weekend with ...
- Cross Culture Ventures Invests in Technology to Assist with Modern Day Parenting Black Enterprise
Cross Culture Ventures, a minority-owned and operated venture fund, whose general partners include Troy Carter and Marlon Nichols, and venture partner, ...
- The Brief's Big 7: Remaining rich, looking through impact lenses, stakeholders stake their claim, terms sheets for the 80% ImpactAlpha
Greetings, ImpactAlpha readers – and writers! We're proud to be the place Agents of Impact come to drive the conversation forward. Diane Isenberg's thoughtful ...
- 3 teens arrested in Dayton school break-in; Taser used Dayton Daily News
Dayton police found four juveniles in the act of breaking into a school early Saturday morning and apprehended three of them as they fled on foot, using a Taser ...
- Maranatha High School Salutes North Carolina Family, Names Football Field in Their Honor Friday | Pasadena California, Hotels,CA Real Estate,Restaurants,City Guide... - Pasadena.com Pasadena Now
For anyone that has ever been involved in sports, there is only one thing more humbling than having a field or court named after you. And that's when it's done ...
- Global Robotics Company Abilix Revolutionizes At-Home STEM Learning with Robotics U NewsCenter.io
A global leader in educational robotics, Abilix launched their latest line of educational robotics in North America. Called Robotics U, the line is set to.
- Q&A with President Bardo Wichita State Sunflower
A president's job is to look to the future, Bardo said. The responsibility of handling the here and now is largely for vice presidents. Bardo said this and many other ...
- On the Town: Jones takes helm of La Providencia Guild Los Angeles Times
Glenda Jones, who took the presidential reins of the Burbank-based La Providencia Guild of Children's Hospital Los Angeles during the group's reorganization ...
- School renaming sparks protest, division | News Palo Alto Online
A proposal to rename a Palo Alto middle school after Fred Yamamoto, a Japanese-American Palo Altan who died in battle in World War II, has sparked intense ...
- Housing heats up development across Lee’s Summit Kansas City Star
Development numbers paint the picture of Lee's Summit as a growing city for residents and business.
- 26 Tricity schools take part in declamation contest The Times of India
An inter-school declamation contest was organized by Shemrock Senior Secondary School in Sector 69, Mohali.As many as 26 schools of the Tricity took p.
- The Unmistakable Style of Inge Morath, One of Magnum’s First Female Photographers Slate Magazine
Inge Morath may have frequently photographed well-dressed people and many figures of the fashion world, but to call her a fashion photographer would be...
- Is There A Middle Ground on Guns That Makes Sense? NewBostonPost
After the mass shooting two weeks ago that killed 17 at a high school in Parkland, Florida, gun advocate Chris Waltz said the murderer's weapon, a semi.
- Personal Trainer App Fitplan Technologies Secures $4.7M in Funding FinSMEs
Fitplan Technologies, a Los Angeles, CA- and Vancouver, Canada-based wellness technology company giving one-on-one access to fitness personalities and ...
- K-12 Dealmaking: Hero K12, BV Acquire SchoolMint; Brainly Raises Funds Education Week
This week's roundup of dealmaking news leads with Hero K12 and BV Investment Partners acquiring SchoolMint, a provider of cloud-based student enrollment ...
- 'GCSEs don't matter nearly as much as we make out' TES News
As students sit their last GCSEs, remind them it's not the end of the world if they fail, says a director of sixth form.
- How the Top 5 PC Makers Open Your Laptop to Hackers WIRED
Top software makers put a lot of effort into securing the updates they send to your devices. But it turns out the top hardware makers aren't so careful.
- Bobby Brown to Receive the R&B Soul Music Icon Award at 3rd Annual Black Music Honors The BoomBox
Bobby Brown will receive the R&B Music Soul Icon Award at the 3rd Annual Black Music Honors taking place Thursday, August 16, in Nashville, TN.
- Pi and its part in the most beautiful formula in mathematics The Conversation AU
Pi Day is upon us again, for those who note today's date in the format 3/14 (March 14). But rather than talk about Pi Day itself, as I did last year, this year I want to ...
- Licensing Hotline: February 2018 Publishers Weekly
Parragon Surprises with L.O.L. Tie-Ins. Parragon Publishing has been named the master publishing licensee for MGA Entertainment's L.O.L. Surprise brand, one ...
- New Product Alert: Gimlet NewsCenter.io
Gimlet is a live classroom quiz game for high school students to make learning fun and engaging. Students go to Gimlet on any phone, tablet, laptop, Chrome.
- East Cincy Yoga breathes life into Batavia with yoga, meditation and support network The Clermont Sun
By Brett Milam Editor For Lori Kirsch of East Cincy Yoga in Batavia, she's in the business of making people feel good. Kirsch, the owner and mother of two…
- New Product Alert: Pluralsight IQ NewsCenter.io
Pluralsight is an education app that aims to measure people's skills in dozens of technologies for free. In as little as five minutes and 20 questions, use.
- Debate US Style: NRA Official Calls for Killing Supporters of Gun Regulation Sputnik International
Following increased calls for common-sense gun regulation in the US, an official with the NRA has called for the killing of those who disagree with the group's ...
- Michael Gregory Jackson Comes Full Circle with “Spirit Signal Strata” HuffPost
One of the most influential guitarist to emerge during New York's loft jazz scene of the 70s has returned to his pursuit of things fully outside with his newest ...
- NWEA Poised to Capture Statewide Testing Contract in Nebraska Education Week
The Northwest Evaluation Association, which just last year announced plans to jump into the state summative testing market, is poised to pick up a $29 million ...
- Valedictorian's Speech Cut Off by Administrators, Grabbing National Headlines wnep.com
EXETER -- One local graduate's valedictorian speech is grabbing some national attention. Peter Butera donned his green and gold for one final time last Friday, ...
- Thane therapist commits suicide The Asian Age
Mumbai: A 39-year-old female psychologist allegedly committed suicide by hanging herself from a fan at her residence at Pachpakhadi in Thane on Saturday ...
- My son, the Columbine high school shooter: ‘a mother is supposed to know’ The Guardian
Sue Klebold's son and his friend killed 13 people at Columbine high school. Nearly two decades on, she is still haunted by one question: is there anything she ...
- Why I decided to home school my children Manchester Evening News
Mum-of-three Prudence Clarke explains why she has chosen homeschooling over the class room.
- Two Dayton school bus crashes send 12 to hospitals Dayton Daily News
A car rams smashes into the back of a Dayton Public Schools bus, sending nine students to the hospital with minor injuries.