Started in 2016 by a group of educators and technologists in California, Wonderschool offers a platform where people can start infant and toddler programs and preschools out of their homes.
Wonderschool supports experienced educators and childcare providers to start their own childcares or preschools out of their homes, whether they live in apartments, condos, or homes that they rent or own.
Wonderschool provides assistance with licensing, program setup, marketing and everything in between. The company’s software platform allows teachers to manage their students, parents, and their program from one dashboard. Along with this, Wonderschool has built a marketplace for parents to search Wonderschool programs, schedule visits, enroll their children, and make payments.
It’s been proven time and time again that children should start developing cognitive, motor, behavioral, and social skills from as early as 6 months and Wonderschool is committed to increasing families’ access to high quality care and learning environments for children.
- This California startup thinks it can help stem Colorado's child care shortage Chalkbeat Colorado
A California-based company recently expanded to Colorado with the goal of minting new home-based child care providers in the Denver area.
- Can start-up companies profit off one of the lowest paid professions: home-based child care? The Hechinger Report
Wonderschool is one of a recent crop of child care startups aimed at making it easier for people to operate in home child care businesses.
- Wonderschool raises $20M to help people start in-home preschools TechCrunch
Educators already don't get paid enough, and those that work in preschools or daycares often make 48% less. Meanwhile, parents struggle to find great early ...
- This Airbnb for pre-K is trying to fix early childhood education VICE
Wonderschool's online platform looks like an Airbnb for pre-K. But the San Francisco company also provides a series of services — with the goal of making it ...
- Child care in the US is broken. Wonderschool thinks it has the solution Quartz
The US child care system is a hot mess. Parents don't have federally-protected time off to bond with their children, despite hoards of research showing how ...
- Want to start a preschool at home? Wonderschool can help San Francisco Chronicle
Working as a preschool therapist, Kristina Gonzalez found she enjoyed the classroom time the most. As she and her husband looked ahead to starting a family, ...
- A San Francisco startup wants to fix childcare by helping educators start their own schools out of their homes Business Insider
San Francisco based startup Wonderschool runs a network child care programs. They recently raised $2 million.
- How This Startup Is Disrupting Preschool And Turning Teachers Into Entrepreneurs Forbes Now
Wonderschool is leading a new movement in early childhood education. They recently announced a $2 million seed round of financing. The company provides ...
- Wonderschool gets $2M to help solve America’s childcare quandary TechCrunch
In the U.S., childcare presents a nerve-wracking quagmire for parents. It's expensive—almost a fifth of American families spend more than a quarter of their ...
- Wonderschool raised $20m to disrupt preschool with its start-your-own school app The Hustle
Wonderschool raised a $20m Series A to expand its start-your-own-preschool software platform.
- The potential fixes to our broken daycare system are coming from surprising places MarketWatch
These companies working to make early childhood care more available and affordable for parents.
- In a tough business, startups vie to become the Uber and Lyft of child care Chalkbeat Colorado
A growing cadre of companies aim to attract thousands of home-based child care providers to a notoriously tough field by making the job easier and more ...
- Wonderschool - MogulWatch Moguldom
Started in 2016 by a group of educators and technologists in California, Wonderschool offers a platform where people can start infant and toddler programs and ...
- 6 Innovative Business Models Reinventing the Future of Everything From Daycare to Drones Inc.
Meet the entrepreneurs whose companies are boldly charting the way forward for their industries.
- Wichita children will showcase businesses this Saturday KAKE
More than 200 children will showcase their businesses at the first Wichita Children's Business Fair this Saturday.
- 8 startups helping moms get back to work after having kids Business Insider
Most of these startups are mom-founded, and they're all helping mothers re-enter the workforce.
- K-12 Dealmaking: Wonderschool Raises $20 Million; littleBits Acquires DIY Education Week
Wonderschool, a platform aims to help experienced educators and childcare providers start and run their own in-home businesses, raised $20 million.
- How Seven Tuck Students Spent Their Summer Tuck School
From Danaher, to TripAdvisor, to Microsoft and Xbox, here's how seven Tuck School of Business MBA students spent their summers.
- Clark, a venture-backed tutoring platform, will now help tutors build their own sites TechCrunch
A couple of years ago, Clark, a New York-based startup, appeared on the scene with tutoring software that aimed to both make it easier for educators to start and ...
- Fast Company Names Most Innovative Education Companies of 2019 Education Week
Teachers Pay Teachers, an online marketplace for lesson plans and classroom materials, has been named the most innovative education company in 2019 by ...
- Pre-K home-school provider to open 150 'boutique' programs New York Post
Wonderschool, a San Francisco-based venture that helps pre-K teachers and child-care providers run preschools out of their homes, plans to open 150...
- Days of Wonder School offers local families a learning alternative WCPO
Cynthia Day wanted to create a different kind of learning environment when she launched Days of Wonder School in 2012. It has grown like crazy.
- Self-Driving Truck Startup Kodiak Ventures Secures $40 Million in Funding Entrepreneur
Plus, there is a new feature on Uber that uses machine learning, and Wonderschool raises $20 million.
- Wonderschool Raises $2 Million to Help Educators Provide Quality Preschool Black Enterprise
Are you an educator? Wonderschool is helping teachers get back into the workforce—and earn more money—by opening their own quality preschool.
- Tech Entrepreneur Raises $2M To Expand In-Home Preschool Platform In 15 Cities Moguldom
Tech entrepreneur raises $2M in seed funding to expand a platform that lets child care providers earn money in their own in-home preschool.
- 27 black founders and investors to watch in 2019 PitchBook News & Analysis
This Black History Month, we're highlighting 27 founders and investors who are leaving their marks on venture capital and tech.
- MyVillage raises $5.95M to make early childcare accessible and afforable VatorNews
Early childcare is a huge market, totaling over $48 billion in the U.S. alone, and yet it doesn't seem to be working for anyone involved. For working families, good ...
- Lessons From the VC Who’s Seen It All Before Fortune
How Jeff Jordan is applying what he learned during his time at Disney, eBay, and OpenTable to help founders at Airbnb, Pinterest, and Instacart.
- Chris Bennett, CEO of Soldsie and Wonderschool, is a true entrepreneur Rolling Out
Silicon Valley is home to industry disrupters and capable individuals with inventive minds, and one such person is Chris Bennett, CEO of two new startups.
- Wonderschool start-up helps teachers open their own pre-schools KGO-TV
Bay Area preschool teachers have discovered a new path to financial security and freedom through a start-up called Wonderschool.
- Wonderschool raises $2 million to launch in-home preschools VentureBeat
Wonderschool, whose online marketplace helps parents find in-home child care education programs, today announced a seed round of $2 million, led by First ...
- Brightwheel Bags $21 Million Series B Round to Support Childcare Providers EdSurge
BRIGHT WHEELS KEEP ON TURNING: Brightwheel, a San Francisco-based startup that offers program management software for early-childcare providers, has ...
- Wichita children business fair had a huge turnout KAKE
Over 200 children showed up to Bradley Fair this Saturday to showcase businesses they created themselves. The fair gave children ages 6 to 12 a chance to ...
- Sawyer Raises $11M to Connect Parents and Providers for Educational Playtime EdSurge
Elisa Pupko had a problem when it came to parents scheduling their kids to participate in her Brooklyn-based theater arts program. Most online tools ...
- Koch school in Wichita Wichita Eagle
Wonder, a private school financed by members of the Koch family, will open Sept. 4 with 39 students in a former print shop on the Wichita State University ...
- Private Wonder school opens its doors at Wichita State Wichita State Sunflower
Cofounder of Wonder, Zach Lahn, speaks to The Sunflower about the new school that opened its doors this month on the Wichita State campus. With Hurricane ...
- Troy Carter and J. Erving Reunite to Launch Q&A Music/Technology Company Billboard
Troy Carter has revealed his next move after vacating the role of Spotify's global head of creator services in September: He's reuniting with former Atom Factory ...
- Uber and the False Hopes of the Sharing Economy The New York Times
Though ride share companies fought hard against City Council regulations, the laws are unlikely to quell the miseries of professional drivers.
- Growing its Education Work, a Silicon Valley Funder Looks to Boost the "Whole Family" Inside Philanthropy
The Omidyar Network, a longtime supporter of education abroad, has turned its attention to education needs at home, where it's taking on both early childhood ...
- Early Childhood Is Ripe For Investment in Innovation, Says Philanthropic Network Education Week
The Omidyar Network, which has invested nearly $1 billion dollars in multiple areas including education, is drawing attention to early childhood as an area for ...
- Dayton to close a school, shake up teaching staff, open health center Dayton Daily News
World of Wonder will be closed, Boys Prep will absorb students and be renamed Roosevelt. Teacher shakeup coming, and new health center opening.
- 25 black founders and VCs to watch in 2018 PitchBook News & Analysis
In honor of Black History Month, we've compiled a list of 25 black founders and VCs paving the way for the next generation of entrepreneurs.
- A focus on diversity reaps rewards for this Los Angeles investor TechCrunch
The Los Angeles startup scene has come a long way in the three-and-a-half years since Marlon Nichols, Troy Carter and Trevor Thomas launched Cross Culture ...
- The Next Koch Doesn’t Like Politics POLITICO
Chase Koch, son of Charles, wants to steer the conservative juggernaut his family created toward a kinder, gentler libertarianism.
- 13 young venture capitalists in Los Angeles tech to watch Business Insider
BI Prime: These are the young venture capitalists who are shaping the Los Angeles tech scene into the Silicon Valley of tomorrow.
- How the environmental revolution is taking shape Telegraph.co.uk
The global environment is suffering but there is a revolution taking place that aims to radically transform the situation by 2030.
- Is Creativity a Skill? EdSurge
Are you creative? How would you know, or convince your boss? According to a new LinkedIn analysis of member profiles, creativity tops the chart of soft skills ...
- HiMama secures $7.25 mln in Round 13-led Series A round PE Hub
Toronto-based early childhood technology startup HiMama has raised $7.25 million in a Series A financing. The round was led by Canadian growth-stage ...
- Ceniarth's $200 million shift, Branson's climate-smart accelerator, Warren's mandate for stakeholder capitalism ImpactAlpha
Greetings, ImpactAlpha readers! We're back from a brief break to our regularly scheduled programming. Enjoy your morning brief and get more all day on.
- Marlon Nichols Is Changing The Face of Venture Capital Forbes Now
The lack of diversity in venture capital is no secret. The Silicon Valley stereotype of white male-dominated meetings and exclusive country club deals is backed ...
- Colorado startups vie to become the Uber and Lyft of child care The Denver Post
One summer morning, Yemi Habte sat at the kitchen table in her suburban Aurora home poring over a 10-page packet of child care forms with her mentor Steph ...
- Forest school begins operation in Philomath | Local | gazettetimes.com Corvallis Gazette Times
Kyla Basher and Brian Crosby love nature. And when it comes to early childhood education, they believe the outdoors provides the most beneficial type of ...
- Be Curious Partners Invests In Kinedu, New Baby Development App PR Newswire
ATLANTA, Sept. 13, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- This week, Be Curious Partners closed on a new investment in the baby learning and development app, Kinedu.
- Interview with Allison Stern, Co-Founder & CSO at Tubular MarTech Series
The Martech Interview Series with Allison Stern is a fun Q&A style chat. It follows a two part format On Marketing Technology, and This Is How I Work.
- Private Koch-Funded School on Public Campus Raises Questions Nonprofit Quarterly
March 5, 2018; Wichita Eagle. Over the last few years, NPQ has reported on the challenges to the nonprofit status of “eds and meds” based on their for-profit ...
- Designer Showcase at Columbus Museum of Art columbusunderground
Designer Showcase April 19 – Sunday, May 19, 2019. Fourteen local designers will transform blank galleries into 18 creative living spaces, including bedrooms, ...
- 10 things you should know about Koch family-funded private school coming to Wichita State Wichita State Sunflower
Wonder about Wonder? You're not alone. After a story in the Sunday Wichita Eagle broke the news that a Koch family-funded private school — called Wonder ...
- Private school on campus? Wichita State should learn from its own history Wichita Eagle
Dr. Martin F. Palmer was the greatest Wichita pioneer most people have never heard of. Yet in his time and for a decade after his death in 1965, his creation, the ...
- Nuke bailout bill may get subcommittee vote Thursday: Capitol Letter cleveland.com
House Bill 6 may get a subcommittee vote this week. The bill would repeal the state's clean energy mandates, provide money to FirstEnergy Solutions' two ...
- WSU Innovation Campus: public land, private business? Wichita Eagle
Wichita State University leased a building on its campus to a new private school that began construction, hired staff and is well on its way to welcoming its first ...
- Founders of Koch-backed private school ‘blown away’ by interest Wichita Eagle
Founders of a Koch-financed private school going up at WSU say interest in the school is so high, they're already looking for a bigger site.
- ‘Education should be something different’: Koch-funded school almost ready to open The Wichita Eagle
Wonder, a private school financed by members of the Koch family, will open next month on the Wichita State campus.
- Historical society in Milford raises $11,700 for Promont repairs Cincinnati.com
The Greater Milford Area Historical Society has raised $11,700 for repairs at the Promont museum. That includes $313.73 from state Rep. John Becker, a ...
- Term Sheet — Tuesday, January 9 Fortune
Good morning, Term Sheet readers. Let's look back at 2017 one more time before we close that chapter completely. It was a banner year for venture capital.
- RTA busing approved for DPS high schoolers; details still unclear Dayton Daily News
Dayton's school board on Saturday approved a five-year contact with Greater Dayton RTA to reinstitute special limited-*service* bus routes that will transport high ...
- Investors are putting serious cash into black and Latino-founded businesses ImpactAlpha
Partners at minority-focused investment firm Harlem Capital were told “there aren't enough black and latino companies raising significant capital.” A search ...
- Dayton board to vote today on $3.3M school security cameras, work on new HQ Dayton Daily News
Dayton's school board is expected to approve a $3.3 million contract today to dramatically improve security camera coverage within its schools. The board meets ...
- High school students participate in rock band contest Times of India
Eight teams from Tricity participated in Galactica Rock Show where Soaring Eagles, rock band from St. Johns High School, Chandigarh bagged the first prize.
- Former vice president of NBA China becomes CEO of CBA League Sports Co. CGTN
Li Xiang. ["china"]. Share. QR. Copied. The CBA League Sports Co. (CBA Co.) on Friday announced that Wang Dawei, a former senior vice president and chief ...
- Homeschools find different ways to spend summer break, often with learning elements WCPO Cincinnati
Homeschool students get summer breaks like their public school peers, but in different ways.
- What millennials like to read? | Education Gulf News
From the digital space influencers have invaded the realms of words.
- No arrests 3 years after girl stabbed on Dayton school playground Dayton Daily News
Today marks three years since an unknown man stabbed a second-grade girl on an elementary school playground in Dayton. Police have made no arrests in ...
- Checkr adds ongoing screening for gig economy workers San Francisco Chronicle
Daniel Yanisse and Jonathan Perichon were working at startup Deliv when they saw a gap in its business model — and that of other on-demand companies.
- 3 teens arrested in Dayton school break-in; Taser used Dayton Daily News
Dayton police found four juveniles in the act of breaking into a school early Saturday morning and apprehended three of them as they fled on foot, using a Taser ...
- Brooklyn Children's House Daycare and Preschool Open for Enrollment NY Metro Parents
Brooklyn Children's House in Bedford Stuyvesant is open for enrollment and offers half-day, full-day, and extended-day care and education for children ages 2 ...
- Labor accuses Coalition of relying on 'hope' to meet Paris emissions targets The Guardian
Government criticised for relying on carryover credits from Kyoto to meet Australia's target.
- LPS, Smart Wonders in cricket final The Tribune
TheTribune: MOHALI:Hosts Learning Paths School (LPS) defeated Vivek High School by 23 runs to set up the title clash with Smart Wonders School in the LPS ...
- Dayton Public, Five Rivers to open first in-school health center Dayton Daily News
Dayton Public Schools, in cooperation with Five Rivers Health Centers, will open its first school-based health facility for all DPS students and their families at a ...
- The new Manchester school that teaches meditation as well as maths Manchester Evening News
Offered as an alternative to mainstream education, the part-time venture is aimed at home schooled children.
- Safety warning: Irish Rail releases video of level crossing crashes and near-misses TheJournal.ie
It's in honour of International Level Crossing Awareness Day, which is a thing apparently.
- Woman hit in Belmont intersection dies The Boston Globe
A 39-year-old pedestrian who was struck in a Belmont crosswalk Tuesday has died from her injuries, according to the Middlesex district attorney's office.
- Oaktree co-founder Howard Marks: 'It's different this time' CGTN
October has seen five trillion US dollars in value wiped out from global stock markets. Is it time for caution? Oaktree Capital, one of the world's biggest alternative ...
- 10 Edtech Investment Groups and Venture Capitalist Firms That You Should Know About The Tech Edvocate
If you are attempting to fund your edtech company, you need to know which investment groups and venture capitalist firms to keep an eye out for. These ten ...
- $3.3M security camera upgrade targets Dayton school safety Dayton Daily News
The school board will vote Tuesday on a contract to install more and better cameras at all schools.
- Meet 'Snappr,' the Uber-Like Startup Devaluing Your Photography Resource Magazine
When I came across Snappr, an Australian startup company trying “to change the world of photography” by making shoots “quick and snappy,” I began to ...
- Koch-funded private elementary school coming to Wichita State's campus in September Wichita State Sunflower
Chase and Annie Koch, the son and daughter-in-law of Koch Industries' Charles Koch, along with a former fundraiser and state director for Koch-funded political ...
- Fintech Startup ZestMoney Raises $13.4M FinSMEs
ZestMoney, a Bengaluru – Karnataka, India-based digital lending startup, raised $13.4m in Series A funding. The round was led by Xiaomi with participation ...
- Russian YouTuber explores the horrors of Stalin's gulags Deutsche Welle
A strong majority of Russians approve of Stalin's rule, and young adults have never heard of his Great Terror campaign. Now, YouTube star Yury Dud's film ...
- Tinkergarten Raises $5.4M to Get Kids to Go Outside, Play and Learn EdSurge
For Brian Fitzgerald, what began as a newborn side project in 2012—when he was working at edtech startup Knewton—has become a fully-grown venture of ...
- The Brief's Big 7: Remaining rich, looking through impact lenses, stakeholders stake their claim, terms sheets for the 80% ImpactAlpha
Greetings, ImpactAlpha readers – and writers! We're proud to be the place Agents of Impact come to drive the conversation forward. Diane Isenberg's.
- Voters In This Area District Rejected School Budget Proposal Daily Voice
The overwhelming majority of voters in the Hudson Valley approved school budgets and bond proposals, though one area district went the other way.Voters in ...
- Point View School wins engineering pilot trial - Times Times Online - Auckland
Point View School has won a nationwide trial involving more than 20 schools. In terms 1 and 2, Engineering New Zealand (ENZ) trialed the Wonder Project ...
- Opinion: credit where credit's due, the kids of today are doing a lot for their mates The Maitland Mercury
The way the students of All Saints College jumped in to support their schoolmate was truly inspirational.
- Andre Iguodala and Andreessen's Jeff Jordan on Investing Bloomberg
Golden State Warriors' Andre Iguodala sits down with Andreessen Horowitz General Partner Jeff Jordan for a discussion on making the transition from running a ...
- Maranatha High School Salutes North Carolina Family, Names Football Field in Their Honor Friday | Pasadena California, Hotels,CA Real Estate,Restaurants,City Guide... - Pasadena.com Pasadena Now
For anyone that has ever been involved in sports, there is only one thing more humbling than having a field or court named after you. And that's when it's done ...
- Family of girl stabbed at recess to sue Dayton Public Schools Dayton Daily News
Family members of a 7-year-old girl who was stabbed on a Dayton school playground during recess last May plan to sue Dayton Public Schools, alleging n.
- Global Robotics Company Abilix Revolutionizes At-Home STEM Learning with Robotics U NewsCenter.io
A global leader in educational robotics, Abilix launched their latest line of educational robotics in North America. Called Robotics U, the line is set to.
- K-12 Spending: Where the Money Goes Education Week
It's well known among K-12 budget analysts—not to mention school district finance staff—that the vast majority of spending in education occurs on people.
- Q&A with President Bardo Wichita State Sunflower
A president's job is to look to the future, Bardo said. The responsibility of handling the here and now is largely for vice presidents. Bardo said this and many other ...
- Men of Color mentor young Dayton students Dayton Daily News
Leaders of Dayton's Men of Color initiative fanned out to several Dayton Public Schools on Wednesday, encouraging black male students to believe in ...