Rubitection Inc is a start-up business in Pittsburgh, PA currently developing a low cost tool for early stage pressure ulcer (bedsore) diagnosis.
Mission: Rubitection is dedicated to helping healthcare institutions manage bedsores, also known as pressure ulcers, more effectively by improving the accuracy of early pressure ulcer diagnosis, assessment, and management. Rubitection is also dedicated to increasing societal awareness of the problem of bedsores in hospitals, home care agencies, and nursing homes.
Products: Rubitection is developing the Rubitect Assessment System. It is a non-invasive hand held tool that addresses the limitations of the manual blanch test. It gives clinicians an portable tool to quantitatively evaluate and detect the signs of an early stage pressure ulcer on dark and lightly toned skin.
- Socially Determined wins $50K at LifeBridge Health/CareFirst Innovation Challenge Technical.ly
The D.C. company focuses on data around the social determinants of health. With the funding, it will apply its work in Baltimore. Socially Determined wins $50K ...
- Why LifeBridge Health and CareFirst are collaborating on startup engagement Technical.ly
The organizations are teaming up for the June 5 Payvider Innovation Summit featuring a discussion between biotech leaders and a $50,000 pitch competition for ...
- Who's Next: Technology; These 18 people are transforming Pittsburgh The Incline
You're invited to celebrate this Who's Next class at a party at Wigle Whiskey, sponsored by S&T Bank and Uber.
- Rubitection's handheld device is designed to detect – and maybe prevent – bedsores MedCity News
Pittsburgh startup Rubitection is developing a diagnostic tool to do exactly that - detect the early onset of bedsores, so that treatment can begin as quickly as ...
- Why I Didn't Think Bethenny Frankel's Advice To Female Entrepreneurs Was Sexist Or Racist Forbes
The entrepreneur and reality TV star's advice on how to raise money as a woman or minority founder caused controversy this week, but Sanna Gaspard (an ...
- Healthy competition: AHN contest launched on how to provide patient medical history Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Contests are becoming an increasingly popular way for insurers, health care systems and others to innovate.
- The 2018 ISHOW Winners Look to Change the Medical World Machine Design
The ASME ISHOW competition promotes social engineering and innovation to help better the world through technological advancements in health and ...