CapWay is a mobile application company that serves the unbanked and under-banked through specialized financial services and products
- CapWay's Finance App Aims to Help the More Than 30 Million Americans Who Are 'Underbanked' Inc.
Sheena Allen grew up in a one-bank town where lots of people relied on payday lenders. She's building her company to help those she grew up with.
- Sheena Allen Is Bringing Financial Opportunity To Underserved Millennials Forbes
CapWay provides financial access and opportunity to unbanked, underbanked, and working, poor millennials. A mobile-first platform, CapWay provides debit ...
- Beat the Heat, Grab a Seat, and Check Out the Coolest B2C Startups In Town hypepotamus.com
The Consumer Show at Switchyards Downtown Club is on for it's June 2019 edition. Come check out the hottest B2C startups in town.
- Backstage Capital-Backed CapWay Moves to Atlanta As It Expands Its Digital Banking Offerings hypepotamus.com
Fintech startup CapWay makes a move from Austin to Atlanta to grow its banking product for the younger generation within unbanked communities.
- David Backes' situation is a difficult one for Bruins WEEI
Here's where David Backes was on coach Bruce Cassidy's pecking order when making a lineup for Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final: Cassidy opted to continue ...
- What's The Next Big Theme? Seeking Alpha
Disruption is everywhere around us. Technology is advancing at a rapid pace, what consumers want and how they shop continues to evolve, and demographic ...
- This app wants to bring banking to the unbanked CNN
Growing up in Terry, Mississippi, Sheena Allen didn't spend much time in banks. The small town, located 17-miles south of Jackson, only had one bank branch ...
- What is the "black tax," and who does it impact? Fast Company
There are plenty of obstacles for professionals and entrepreneurs of color: a wage gap, a funding gap, and plenty of discrimination. But for many there's also an ...
- Matching the proper belt to the right conveyor Baking Business
Selecting a belt for a conveyor is like deciding which tire is best for the road. Baked foods and snacks can travel on all types of surfaces ranging from a flat belt to ...
- For Silicon Valley, Going Cashless Is A Win-Win. Others Aren't Sold Forbes
Cashless businesses create barriers for the nearly 30% of Americans who have either no or limited access to bank accounts or who don't have credit cards.
- World's Largest Company? It's Microsoft Again, And It Reports Wednesday Forbes
Microsoft, which in 2018 regained the title of largest company by market cap, is set to report FY Q2 earnings Wednesday after the close.
- This Founder Got a Perfect Score on the SATs and Created a $6 Million Business to Help Others Do the Same Inc.
Shaan Patel grew up in a motel in what he describes as the "seedy part" of Las Vegas. When he was younger, he didn't understand why people would want to ...
- This Founder Was Raised on Stonyfield Farm--Literally. Now He Runs a $2 Million Company Selling Apple Cider Vinegar Drinks Inc.
Ethan Hirshberg owes much to his family, but his recent business success is all his.
- Power Talk: Fintech Innovators to Talk Debt At Money Moves Panel hypepotamus.com
Creative agency Surthrive is bringing together some of the innovators in the financial and fintech space for a Power Talk panel, May 2, on Money Moves.
- The Rising Black Founders Building In the South hypepotamus.com
In honor of Black History Month, Hype has put together a list of the South's next top black founders. Meet these inspiring entrepreneurs.
- Twine Wants to Help You Win the War for Talent Inc.
With so much attention on gender and diversity gaps in the workplace today, knowing how your company stacks up is vital. While hiring managers typically have ...
- How the FinTech South Innovation Challenge Supports Atlanta's FinTech Sector - Tommy Marshall Atlanta Small Business Network
In partnership with TAG, the FinTech South Innovation Challenge recognizes innovative FinTech startups with ties to Georgia and awards one winner $50000.
- How These 20-Something Founders Are Trying to Kill Styrofoam Inc.com
TemperPack's founders are cashing in on consumers' disdain for difficult-to-dispose-of product packaging.
- Former Vine Star Devon Townsend Created Cameo to Connect Fans to Their Favorite Celebrities -- for a Price Inc.
Devon Townsend had a theory about online virality that, as it happens, is spot on.
- Walmart's Brand-New Secret Weapon: The 24-Year-Old Founder Taking on Amazon Prime Inc.
When Michael Krakaris was 21 and working his first job out of college, he never imagined that roughly one year later he'd co-found a company that would call ...
- Making manufacturing work today Central Penn Business Journal
Keith C. Shoff, president and CEO of Capway Automation Inc., is part of the management team that bought the York County-based manufacturing operations in ...
- Capway Automation completes acquisition | Bakingbusiness.com | November 09, 2015 09:20 Baking Business
YORK, PA. — Capway Automation, Inc. has completed the acquisition of Capway Holdings International USA, Capway Systems Inc., and the intellectual property ...
- Pop! Wed Co. Wants to Plan Your Budget, Non-Traditional Wedding Inc.
Maggie Winters Gaudaen shot her first wedding when she was 16 years old. Her then-boyfriend, Steven Gaudaen, was also photographing the event. She fell in ...
- The Consistency of a Hotel Chain With the Coolness Factor of an Airbnb? This Hospitality Startup Is Hitting That Sweet Spot Inc.
Airbnbs can be full of character but uneven in quality. Hotels offer a standard experience but can be too cookie-cutter. Sonder wants to offer travelers something ...
- NPHub Wants to Overhaul the Way Universities Train Nurses Inc.
There is a major flaw in the way nurses get the training they need to graduate. This entrepreneur has created a way to fix it. The next challenge is to get ...
- Capway management team buys out sister companies, plans global expansion Central Penn Business Journal
The management team of Capway Automation, a global food product handling and automation company based in York, has completed the acquisition of ...
- Canadian company luring customers to the bottle cap way of fishing Cumberland News Now
AMHERST, N.S. – They say necessity is the mother of invention. That's not always true. Sometimes invention comes from pure luck. “I owned a fishing and tackle ...
- Harlem Capital Partners Is Challenging the Unbearable Whiteness of Venture Capital Inc.
Harlem Capital Partners plans to become a billion-dollar fund by investing in women and people of color.
- How Parallel Domain Gives Self-Driving Cars a Safe Place to Learn Inc.
Inspired by Pixar movies, Parallel Domain builds vivid virtual worlds that help train autonomous vehicles to drive in the real world.
- How This Former Candy Addict Is Trying to Wean People Off Sugar, One Gummy Bear at a Time Inc.
The foods we eat are full of sugar. SmartSweets founder Tara Bosch hopes her line of candies is a first step toward changing that.
- Figma Wants to Be the Google Docs of Digital Design Inc.
Thanks to Google Docs and Office 365, much of your work likely has shifted to the cloud, where you can easily collaborate with colleagues on shared documents ...
- Canyon Bakehouse turns to automation for new line Baking Business
JOHNSTOWN, COLO. — Processing gluten-free dough is tricky under any circumstance, but it requires some extra finesse at Canyon Bakehouse. Although Josh ...
- York's Capway Automation extends reach with acquisitions York Dispatch
Capway Automation Inc., a food product handling and automation company with two York facilities, acquired sister companies Capway Holdings International ...
- Sheena Allen Jackson Free Press
On Thursday, March 8, at 7 p.m., Fuse will premier the two-hour documentary "She Started It," which follows the lives of five women tech entrepreneurs, including ...
- 30 Under 30 2019 Social Entrepreneurs: Leveraging Business Smarts To Save The World Forbes
Edited by Alexandra Wilson and Glenda Toma. For some, joining the family business means having to put on a suit and join their dad in a stodgy office.
- Partners bake new life into York manufacturer Central Penn Business Journal
He may be 63, but Keith Shoff is not ready to start planning for business succession. Who can blame him? The man has owned a business for barely more than ...
- USM grad Sheena Allen doesn't fit Silicon Valley stereotype, still finds high-tech success Hattiesburg American
Sheena Allen knew the Silicon Valley CEO stereotype when she moved out west a few years ago. She knew that stereotype looked very little like her. She came ...
- Modern Fertility Wants to Help Young Women Monitor Their Hormones the Same Way They Monitor Their Credit Scores Inc.
Modern Fertility offers a $159 at-home hormone test kit to help women make more informed decisions about when to have babies.
- Young women encouraged to become entrepreneurs Meridian Star
Kaela Newell's dream of owning her own hair salon could one day become a reality, thanks to what she learned from Sheena Allen Friday afternoon.
- Mammoth Biosciences Wants to Revolutionize the Way People Get Tested for Diseases Inc.
Getting tested for a disease often means waiting days--or weeks--for the results to come back, and even then they aren't always accurate. Mammoth Biosciences ...
- 30 AND UNDER: The tech industry's rising stars in 2018 Business Insider
BI PRIME: From crypto to AI, these innovators are changing the world, and they're all ages 30 and under.
- Finalists Selected for the 2019 TAG FinTech South Innovation Challenge PRNewswire
ATLANTA, March 6, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- FinTech South, the Southeast's largest event dedicated to financial innovation, announces 12 startups selected for the ...
- Melinda Gates, Michael Dubin and More Famed Entrepreneurs Share Their Top Tips for Today's Youngest Founders Inc.
Inc. asked this year's 30 Under 30 Rising Stars judges for their most sage advice for today's young founders.
- Executives buy Capway Systems in York York Daily Record/Sunday News
Five senior executives at Capway Systems Inc. in York have purchased the company, a maker of conveyor systems and other equipment for baking companies ...
- Author Addresses The Financial Impact Of Racial Bias News One
Shawn D. Rochester, financial literacy expert and author of the acclaimed book The Black Tax: The Cost of Being Black in America, is aiming to change the ...
- Richard Sun named AITP Mississippian of the Year Mississippi Business Journal
The Mississippi Coding Academies and Innovate Mississippi proudly announce that Richard A. Sun, CFA, was named Mississippian of the Year for 2018 by the ...
- Preventing crashes and injuries when stacking trays and baskets Baking Business
A view of the looming tray and basket towers ready for shipping in a bakery's warehouse is reminiscent of the tall Lego structures children build in their rooms.
- Seattle Genetics CEO Clay Siegall's comp package soars to $18.1M, rivaling Big Pharma chiefs Endpoints News
Adding significantly to his columns on stock awards and options, Siegall's compensation soared to $18.1 million last year, up from $8.6 million in 2017 and the ...
- Roman Is Tackling the Toughest Medical Issues to Talk About Inc.
These founders are trying to remove the stigma from talking about erectile dysfunction, menopause, and other hard-to-talk-about conditions and physical ...
- Meet the Couple Behind Your Super, College Tennis Rivals-Turned-Founders Inc.
A tennis court in Georgia was an unlikely spot for a Dutchwoman and a German to meet. But sure enough, that's where Kristel de Groot and Michael Kuech first ...
- Goodbye, Silicon Valley, hello, Atlanta: Black entrepreneurs part of new migration to South USA TODAY
ATLANTA — Over an iPad and a cup of tea, Marcus Blackwell Jr. is talking up his mobile app that uses music to help kids learn math. Sitting across from him at a ...
- Slideshow: How JSB Industries manages production flow Baking Business
LAWRENCE, MASS. — JSB Industries' 100000-square-foot bakery in Lawrence and 85000-square-foot plant in Chelsea, Mass., reflect complementary schools ...
- 30 Under 30: These Are the Boldest Young Entrepreneurs You Need to Know in 2019 Inc.
Here's how the next generation is changing the world.
- Southern Miss Alumna Sheena Allen Serving Underbanked | Southern Miss Now Southern Miss Now
Sheena Allen knew the Silicon Valley CEO stereotype when she moved out west a few years ago. She knew that stereotype looked very little like her. She came ...
- Char Private Dining, Downtown Fitness and CapWay Jackson Free Press
Char Restaurant will formally open its new private-dining and event space, which the restaurant created in the former Mozingo Clothiers building adjacent to the ...
- Drofika Labs' Fog Computing Platform Turns Your Existing Computers Into An Onsite Mini-Data Center hypepotamus.com
Atlanta-based startup Drofika Labs pivots to enterprise fog computing after running into data processing issues and costs themselves. See more.
- Second Annual iD 8 Hackathon Competition Promotes STEM Opportunities for High School Girls Southern Miss Now
To encourage more young women of color to pursue STEM careers, The University of Southern Mississippi and Craig Newmark Philanthropies will host the 2nd ...
- Reliance Industries just beat Tata Consultancy Services to become India’s highest-valued company Business Insider India
Reliance Industries boasts a market capitalisation of ₹7.46 trillion while Tata Consultancy Services' market cap has fallen to ₹7.39 trillion. Investors have.
- Breaking the code: App guru Sheena Allen shares her tech journey Rolling Out
Photo by Fillmore Harvard, courtesy of Sheena Allen. Psychology major and serial tech entrepreneur Sheena Allen has created a unique niche in technology.
- RIL pips TCS once again to become most valued firm The Times of India
India Business News: New Delhi, Aug 20 () Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) today pipped Tata Consultancy Services to become India's most valued company ...
- Moving Up for June 19, 2016 York Daily Record/Sunday News
Business neighbors news for the week of June 19 to June 26, 2016.
- Freshworks just became India’s fifth entrant to the unicorn club this year Business Insider India
The Chennai-based Freshworks has raised $100 million in a funding round led by Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners and CapitalG, giving it a $1.5 billion ...
- Got a product to sell? Walmart wants to give you your big break Hattiesburg American
Walmart is looking for Mississippi entrepreneurs to pitch their products at an open call June 13.
- JPM's Tusa stays bearish on GE as Q1 results 'far from blowout' Seeking Alpha
General Electric's (GE +1%) Q1 results were "far from a disaster, but also far from a blowout," J.P. Morgan's Stephen Tusa says in his latest bearish missive, ...
- Bay County Arrest Report: March 2019 WJHG-TV
BAY COUNTY, Fla. (WJHG/WECP) - Name : MEGAN ELIZABETH (DOMINGUEZ ALLEY Address : 1605 HICKORY AVE PANAMA CITY FL Race : W Sex : F
- Bay County Arrest Report: May 2019 WJHG-TV
BAY COUNTY, Fla. (WJHG/WECP) - Name : ARTHUR LEE JR COLLIER Address : 2705 E5TH ST PANAMA CITY FL Race : B Sex : M Age : 34. Date : 05/31/ ...
- Slideshow: Masada Bakery joins The Bakery Companies | Bakingbusiness.com | October 17, 2016 14:32 Baking Business
Masada Bakery is rolling in seeds and flaked grains to launch a new organic line under its own brand. The full-flavored artisan loaves and buns fulfill the ...
- The Tech Turning Oil Industry Upside Down PR Newswire
LONDON, March 13, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Forget everything you thought you knew about the oil and gas industry. Blockchain technology could be about to ...
- Bay County Arrest Report: April 2019 WJHG-TV
BAY COUNTY, Fla. (WJHG/WECP) - Name : DANIEL THOMAS WEYAND Address : 615 N GAY AVE PANAMA CITY FL Race : W Sex : M Age : 27. Date : 04/30/ ...
- How Marvel Cast All of Your Favorite Superheroes E! NEWS
Ahead of Captain Marvel's big debut, we're looking back on how the MCU found 32 actors to fill out its stacked roster of talent.
- Bay County Arrest Report: December 2018 WJHG-TV
BAY COUNTY, Fla. (WJHG/WECP) - Name : BILLY JACK WHITED Address : 00 TRANSIENT PANAMA CITY FL Race : W Sex : M Age : 33. Date : 12/31/2018
- Study seeks to solve mystery behind ‘maths anxiety’ The Hindu
Girls tend to be more affected by 'maths anxiety' than boys, according to a study which shows that teachers and parents may inadvertently play a role in a child ...
- Equipment Designed With Sanitation In Mind Can Ease Processors' FSMA Concerns Food Processing
With implementation of the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) under way, sanitary design migrated from a nice-to-have to a must-have for the processing ...
- Tech Startup Dor Scores $3.8M Seed Round For Foot Traffic Analytics Platform PYMNTS.com
Technology startup Dor is a foot traffic counting and analytics solution vendor.
- Apple's Tim Cook On Foxconn: Data Transparency, Work Hours Cap On The Way Fast Company
Apple is in full-court press mode in response to flack the company has taken about poor working conditions at its supplier factories. On Monday, Apple issued a ...
- Slideshow: Wheat Montana gains momentum | Bakingbusiness.com | September 26, 2016 13:52 Baking Business
Wheat Montana Farms and Bakery brings the farm-to-table movement to life in the state and across the country.
- Asian Cup final perfect platform for Japan's Takumi Minamino to prove class The National
After three years in international wilderness, Blue Samurai's rejuvenated No 9 ready to make up for lost time.
- IPL Final 2019, MI vs CSK: MS Dhoni’s biggest worry and Hardik Pandya’s nemesis - Top 5 player batt... Hindustan Times
Here are the top five player battles to look out for in the IPL final between Mumbai Indians (MI) and Chennai Super Kings (CSK).
- Tyrann Mathieu: Safeties Have to Play 'Lights Out' to Be Valued as Free Agents Bleacher Report
Safeties have had a hard time cashing out in free agency this spring, and Tyrann Mathieu explained why on Tuesday. Responding to a tweet that theorized his ...
- Spotify Drops Free Web Listening Time Limit Everywhere – A Big Scalability Milestone TechCrunch
Spotify's advertising engine and paid customer conversion funnel are finally working well enough that today it eliminated all limits on free, ad-supported web ...
- LeBron James' Unusual 2-Year Contract With The Cavs Is About To Pay Off Big Time Business Insider
When LeBron James signed his 2-year, $42.2 million contract with the Cleveland Cavaliers it was clear that James was banking on the new television deals for ...
- De-jargoned: Free float Livemint
Free float market cap refers to the number of shares that are available for trading.
- 'You feel invincible': What it's like to get a baggy green Sunshine Coast Daily
AUSTRALIA'S Test team have begun a new chapter under captain Tim Paine and coach Justin Langer, and it began with the handing out of three new baggy ...
- Using a cash budget and discipline in a credit card world Stuff.co.nz
How using cash and other budgetary disciplines can save you from drowning in debt.
- Clarenville woman turns woes into wows by making beer bottle cap floor The Telegram
CLARENVILLE, N.L. - After one of the most painful times of her life, a Clarenville woman with a newly discovered knack for creativity knew exactly what to do to ...
- US President Donald Trump's planned visit to Ireland has been cancelled TheJournal.ie
We are still finalising whether Ireland will be a stop,” Sarah Sanders said tonight.
- Bay County Arrest Report: July 2018 WJHG-TV
BAY COUNTY, Fla. (WJHG/WECP) - Name : NEVA ANN HALL Address : 7921 CLUSTER ROAD PANAMA CITY FL Race : W Sex : F Age : 36. Date : 07/31/2018
- Soulja Boy's $400 Million Deal Has Been Confirmed Complex
Just weeks after Soulja Boy announced he had inked a $400 million deal, World Poker Fund Holdings has come forth to confirm the blockbuster agreement that ...
- 'A terrific day': joy for shareholders as Transact sets up float Citywire.co.uk
Shareholders in platform Transact have welcomed plans announced this morning for the business to float in the first half of 2018. A Transact floatation has long ...
- Arrest in racketeering case brings total to 17 Florida Today
The arrest of yet another suspected drug dealer in a racketeering investigation by the Sheriff's Office brings the total number of arrests to 17.
- How a ‘Maths World’ lab in this Dakshina Kannada village school produced cent per cent results The Hindu
All SSLC students pass the maths paper; their success is being attributed to a laboratory in the school.
- The Working Getaway New York Times
If you're willing to put in the time and energy, business can indeed be pleasure — even at your second home.
- Tesla’s stock (TSLA) tumbled on Model 3 delay and EV tax credit fear, but here’s what you need to know Electrek
All the information Tesla dropped on investors and analysts this week with their third quarter financial results is being processed by the market right now, and the ...
- Books for and on children with special needs The Hindu
What is it like to be a differently abled child? Spreading awareness on disability can be a challenging task, not just among children, but even among adults.
- At Southern Miss: Vocal training for 'anybody who has struggled with their voice or communicating' Hattiesburg American
A yearlong University of Southern Mississippi class for graduate students focuses on Lessac Kinesensic vocal training.
- Pacers' focus goes beyond free agency, believe trade market 'could be better than ever' Indianapolis Star
There are more teams with less money entering the market this summer, and the Pacers could take advantage of it to upgrade their roster.
- English will be taught as language and won’t be the medium, says Kumaraswamy The Hindu
Chief Minister H.D. Kumaraswamy on Saturday said the budget announcement on introducing English as a medium of instruction in government primary schools ...
- Bay County Arrest Report: March 2018 WJHG-TV
BAY COUNTY, Fla. (WJHG/WECP) - Name : VONN WALLACE LOPER Address : 128 FOREST LN MERIDIANVILLE AL Race : B Sex : M Age : 20. Date : 03/31/ ...
- The Social Messaging App Boom; Finding The Next Snapchat Seeking Alpha
Social messaging app growth is far outpacing growth of the Big 4 social networks. More than 500 million new users are expected to adopt mobile messaging ...
- This year, PU students will be back in class in May The Hindu
This academic year, pre-university classes will commence a month ahead of schedule. While second PU students will have to attend classes from May 2, their ...