CapWay is a mobile application company that serves the unbanked and under-banked through specialized financial services and products
Sign up for the Moguldom newsletter — business news you need to know about economic empowerment for the digital age, delivered to your inbox.
- Backstage Capital-Backed CapWay Moves to Atlanta As It Expands Its Digital Banking Offerings hypepotamus.com
Fintech startup CapWay makes a move from Austin to Atlanta to grow its banking product for the younger generation within unbanked communities.
- Full Stack Mobile Developer hypepotamus.com
Website GoCapWay CapWay. Financial Opportunity. CapWay is building an untraditional financial ecosystem through social *content* and opportunities and ...
- This app wants to bring banking to the unbanked CNN
This up-and-coming entrepreneur wants to bring fair banking to everyone, starting with her hometown.
- Canadian company luring customers to the bottle cap way of fishing Cumberland News Now
AMHERST, N.S. – They say necessity is the mother of invention. That's not always true. Sometimes invention comes from pure luck. “I owned a fishing and tackle ...
- 30 AND UNDER: The tech industry's rising stars in 2018 Business Insider
BI PRIME: From crypto to AI, these innovators are changing the world, and they're all ages 30 and under.
- Capway Automation completes acquisition | Bakingbusiness.com | November 09, 2015 09:20 Baking Business
YORK, PA. — Capway Automation, Inc. has completed the acquisition of Capway Holdings International USA, Capway Systems Inc., and the intellectual property ...
- Capway management team buys out sister companies, plans global expansion Central Penn Business Journal
The management team of Capway Automation, a global food product handling and automation company based in York, has completed the acquisition of ...
- Sheena Allen Jackson Free Press
On Thursday, March 8, at 7 p.m., Fuse will premier the two-hour documentary "She Started It," which follows the lives of five women tech entrepreneurs, including ...
- Partners bake new life into York manufacturer Central Penn Business Journal
He may be 63, but Keith Shoff is not ready to start planning for business succession. Who can blame him? The man has owned a business for barely more than ...
- Mukesh Ambani-led RIL pips TCS to once again become India’s most valued firm by mcap; shares at all-time high The Financial Express
Billionaire Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance Industries reclaimed the top spot to become India's most valued company by market capitalization as the shares surged ...
- Executives buy Capway Systems in York York Daily Record/Sunday News
Five senior executives at Capway Systems Inc. in York have purchased the company, a maker of conveyor systems and other equipment for baking companies ...
- Kabbage's New CFO On Growing the Company Into A Small Business's Entire Financial Platform hypepotamus.com
Scott Rosenberg is only a few weeks into his tenure as the new chief financial officer at Atlanta fintech unicorn Kabbage, but he's jumped right into speaking to ...
- Text Request Lets Businesses Conduct All Their Communication Through Text Message hypepotamus.com
Chattanooga startup Text Request allows users to send a text message to all of their customers at once, from any device — computer, tablet, etc.
- Slideshow: How JSB Industries manages production flow Baking Business
LAWRENCE, MASS. — JSB Industries' 100000-square-foot bakery in Lawrence and 85000-square-foot plant in Chelsea, Mass., reflect complementary schools ...
- USM grad Sheena Allen doesn't fit Silicon Valley stereotype, still finds high-tech success Hattiesburg American
Sheena Allen knew the Silicon Valley CEO stereotype when she moved out west a few years ago. She knew that stereotype looked very little like her. She came ...
- This Guide Has Everything You Need to Know About Atlanta's Corporate Innovation Scene hypepotamus.com
In this guide to Atlanta's Corporation Innovation scene, see where Atlanta's corporate titans interact with the broader tech and entrepreneurial ecosystem.
- E-Commerce Marketing Company Springbot Closes An Additional $15M Funding Round hypepotamus.com
E-commerce marketing startup Springbot has closed an additional $15 million in an equity funding round led by new investor North Atlantic Capital.
- Char Private Dining, Downtown Fitness and CapWay Jackson Free Press
Char Restaurant will formally open its new private-dining and event space, which the restaurant created in the former Mozingo Clothiers building adjacent to the ...
- Content Marketing Startup RootsRated Energizes With Re-Brand to Matcha hypepotamus.com
*Content* marketing platform RootsRated Media has re-branded to Matcha to reflect its vision to empower small and mid-sized business's marketing teams.
- This Startup Helps Companies Protect Their Vendor Relationships From Supply Chain Attacks hypepotamus.com
Cybersecurity platform iTrust aims to protect enterprises from supply chain attacks by providing a risk rating for their vendors and their compliance.
- Canyon Bakehouse turns to automation for new line Baking Business
JOHNSTOWN, COLO. — Processing gluten-free dough is tricky under any circumstance, but it requires some extra finesse at Canyon Bakehouse. Although Josh ...
- Rolling Out Releases 2nd Annual RIDE Conference Lineup Highlighting Business, Tech and More hypepotamus.com
RIDE Conference, presented by Rolling Out magazine, will showcase innovators in entertainment, business, technology and more.
- Metro Atlanta Chamber Inducts Second Group of Technology Companies 'Backed by ATL' hypepotamus.com
Backed by ATL, supported by the Metro Atlanta Chamber (MAC), has announced an additional eight companies to enter the program in its second year.
- Southern Miss Alumna Sheena Allen Serving Underbanked Southern Miss Now
Sheena Allen knew the Silicon Valley CEO stereotype when she moved out west a few years ago. She knew that stereotype looked very little like her. She came ...
- Receipt Scanner Shoeboxed Has Been Acquired By Mail Digitizing Company to Make Everything Paperless hypepotamus.com
After 11 years of growth, receipt scanning firm Shoeboxed has been acquired by mail digitizing company Earth Class Mail for an undisclosed amount. “We spoke ...
- RIL pips TCS once again to become most valued firm The Times of India
India Business News: New Delhi, Aug 20 () Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) today pipped Tata Consultancy Services to become India's most valued company ...
- Here's How to Land An Angel — Investor, That Is hypepotamus.com
Ready to move beyond your friends and family round and truly scale your product? It's time for an angel investor. Here's how to approach your next round.
- The Atlanta BridgeCommunity Announces 2nd Annual Corporate Innovation Summit hypepotamus.com
The Atlanta BridgeCommunity will host its 2nd annual Corporate Innovation Summit this October to facilitate connections between companies and B2B startups.
- Innovation Impact: How Southern Company Turned An Employee Idea Challenge Into An Innovation Center hypepotamus.com
Southern Company's Innovation Center in Tech Square was one of the first to land in the Midtown Atlanta hub. Find out how an employee idea challenge led ...
- AI-Driven Fraud Protection Company Feedzai Set to Double Atlanta Workforce hypepotamus.com
Feedzai, a Silicon Valley-based fraud detection company, plans to double its operations in Atlanta by the end of the year.
- Adwerx Automates Digital Ad Design So You Can Start Selling Right Away hypepotamus.com
Durham-based Adwerx offers an automation platform for real estate agents and other small businesses that helps them simplify digital advertising.
- Cancer Care-Focused Data Company Raises $21M Series B hypepotamus.com
Oncology Analytics, an Atlant-based data company focused on the cancer market, has announced a $21 million Series B funding round led by Oak HC/FT.
- Atlanta Healthcare Payments Company Cotiviti Acquired For $4.9 Billion hypepotamus.com
Healthcare data solutions company Verscend has acquired Atlanta-based healthcare payments company Cotiviti (NYSE: COTV) for $4.9 billion in cash.
- This Startup Identified An Undertapped Equipment Rental Market Worth $50B hypepotamus.com
North Carolina-based Kwipped unifies the highly fragmented equipment rental industry under its marketplace. Here's how they're disrupting the rental market.
- 5 Ways to Use Live Content In Your Small Business's Social Media Marketing Plan hypepotamus.com
Manu Muraro of Your Social Team shares 5 strategies to take advantage of the Live video features on Facebook and Instagram to market your small business.
- Atlanta-Based Startup Predikto Acquired By Global Aircraft Manufacturing Company hypepotamus.com
Atlanta-based machine learning software startup Predikto has been acquired by aircraft manufacturing company United Technologies Corporation (UTC) for an ...
- Drone Tech Company PrecisionHawk Looks to Take On the Energy Sector With Double Acquisition hypepotamus.com
Commercial drone technology platform PrecisionHawk has acquired two companies to further expand its footprint in the energy sector. The two new additions to ...
- Foresight AR Beacons Give the Visually Impaired A Way to Navigate Independently hypepotamus.com
Foresight Augmented Reality's bluetooth beacons offers an easy way to provide guidance to visually impaired customers within businesses.
- Atlanta's Biggest Companies Are Installing Honeybee Hives to Cover the City, Thanks to This Beekeeping Startup hypepotamus.com
Bee Downtown, a startup founded by fourth-generation beekeeper Leigh-Kathryn Bonner, is working with some of Atlanta's biggest companies to install ...
- Learn How to Build a Business in a Day with the Tech Twins hypepotamus.com
I Have An Idea, Now What? is an interactive workshop that guides idea-stage entrepreneurs through the step-by-step process in validating, testing, and ...
- Raimondo Attack Ad on Fung's Cranston Shows the Wrong City GoLocalProv
Less than 24 hours after the polls closed and Governor Gina Raimondo's campaign is already attacking Cranston Mayor Allan Fung's record in Cranston.
- How the Recent Supreme Court Sales Tax Ruling Will Affect E-Commerce and SaaS Companies hypepotamus.com
About a month ago, a landmark court ruling quietly changed the sales tax landscape for many online retailers and remote software companies. According to the ...
- "There's a Business Case for Diversity." CulturaLink's CEO On How to Be Intentional In the Hiring Process hypepotamus.com
CulturaLink CEO Yolanda Robles shares more about the business case for diversity and how your company's bottom line can benefit from it.
- Volvo Drives Into the Startup Game With iLabX Accelerator hypepotamus.com
Another transportation company is getting into the startup space, as Volvo Financial Services (VFS) announces its new 'iLabX' accelerator program and ...
- Atlanta's Most Valuable Fintech Company Files for IPO hypepotamus.com
GreenSky, the Atlanta-based online lending technology provider, has filed to go public with an initial offering of $100 million in shares. The fintech company is ...
- Apptega Raises Seed Round to Grow Their 'Salesforce of Cybersecurity' Platform hypepotamus.com
Atlanta-based cybersecurity management startup Apptega has raised an oversubscribed seed round of $700,000 led by Circadian Group with participation from ...
- Freightwaves Is Using Data, Content, and Financials to Build a Bloomberg-Like Empire For Freight Markets hypepotamus.com
Freightwaves has developed the most-read publication for freight markets based off of their data analytics platform. Now, they're launching freight futures and a ...
- Freshworks just became India’s fifth entrant to the unicorn club this year Business Insider India
The Chennai-based Freshworks has raised $100 million in a funding round led by Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners and CapitalG, giving it a $1.5 billion ...
- Neowaste Tackles the 'Worldwide Recycling Crisis' By Turning Plastic Into Fuel hypepotamus.com
Clean fuel alternative Neowaste tackles the recycling crisis by offering a patented method to convert plastic into clean diesel fuel.
- Atlanta Software Testing Company Merges With International Industry Leader hypepotamus.com
Atlanta-based agile software testing platform QASymphony has merged with Tricentis, a global leader in continuous software testing.
- Finalists Chosen For the Second Annual Atlanta Startup Awards hypepotamus.com
The Atlanta Startup Awards will celebrate the city's most successful rising startups. Vote for your favorite finalists in each category!
- Tech Talent: This Programmer Started a Company to Fill the Gap In Diverse Stock Photography hypepotamus.com
Tech Talent South graduate Gerald Carter transitioned from hardware to software after learning more about machine learning and its benefits. Here's why you ...
- InComm, the Fintech Company That Powers Prepaid Gift Cards, Commits to Georgia With Further Expansion hypepotamus.com
InComm, a global fintech and payments company based in Atlanta, will be investing $20 million to create 150 new jobs in Atlanta and Columbus, Georgia.
- Breaking the code: App guru Sheena Allen shares her tech journey Rolling Out
Photo by Fillmore Harvard, courtesy of Sheena Allen. Psychology major and serial tech entrepreneur Sheena Allen has created a unique niche in technology.
- Hacking the Enterprise: Here's Why Corporations Open (Useful) Innovation Centers hypepotamus.com
Corporate innovation centers may be started due to many reasons and with multiple goals. Carie Davis of Your Ideas Are Terrible shares how to figure out what ...
- Former Startup Atlanta Director Takes Lead At New Brand-Focused Accelerator hypepotamus.com
Former Executive Director of Startup Atlanta, Charlton Cunningham, is now leading a new brand-focused startup accelerator, Oust Labs.
- Post-IPO, Cardlytics CEO Scott Grimes Looks Towards International Expansion, Potential M&A hypepotamus.com
CEO Scott Grimes shares more about Martech company Cardlytics in a post-IPO world and what's next for the company as it scales globally.
- Got a product to sell? Walmart wants to give you your big break Hattiesburg American
Walmart is looking for you — if you've got a new tortilla casserole or a children's toy you think will fly off the shelves or maybe your mother's pie recipe that you'd ...
- Atlanta Husband-Wife Founder Team Take Their Voice Assistant for Labs to Amazon Alexa Accelerator hypepotamus.com
Atlanta startup HelixAI , a voice-powered digital assistant for scientific labs, has joined the prestigious Techstars Alexa Accelerator sponsored by Amazon.
- Atlanta's Tech Talent Market Trends: Cybersecurity is Hot, but Soft Skills May Be Hotter hypepotamus.com
A new survey of Atlanta's tech talent market shows a few trends: a need for cybersecurity professionals, continued demand for IT workers, and hiring managers ...
- Atlanta's Top Scaling Companies Enter Elite Endeavor Entrepreneur Network hypepotamus.com
Atlanta companies LeaseQuery and BitPay are the newest members of Endeavor Atlanta following an international selection panel last week.
- The Idea Village Is the Tech Hub New Orleans Needs to Sustain Startup Growth hypepotamus.com
Entrepreneur Jon Atkinson takes the reigns as CEO of Idea Village to expand New Orleans footprint in the technology industry. Meet him here.
- Ramble Chat Helps the Non-Technical Add Live Chat Anywhere — Fast hypepotamus.com
Atlanta-based startup RambleChat has brought on a new CEO to scale their live chat product that allows companies to embed chat immediately on their site.
- When the Product Broke, Here's How Heatworks CEO Jerry Callahan Steered His Startup Through the Crisis hypepotamus.com
Entrepreneur Jerry Callahan saw a PR crisis when his startup released their first product. Here's how he steered his team through it.
- Statewide Georgia FinTech Academy Sets Headquarters at Georgia State hypepotamus.com
Statewide effort to increase talent pipeline, Georgia FinTech Academy, set their headquarters at Georgia State University. Here's more on the initiative.
- Imcon International's Internet Backpack Can Connect Literally Anywhere on Earth hypepotamus.com
Imcon International, an early-stage Atlanta-based startup, has developed a product called the “Internet Backpack" that lets users communicate from anywhere.
- Carolina Panther and Tech Investor Dontari Poe On Why Entrepreneurship is Like Getting Into the NFL hypepotamus.com
NFL player and tech investor Dontari Poe on why startups are like making it in the NFL, and how he's improving Memphis by teaching youth startup skills.
- HelloPackage's Intelligent Shelving Unit Is the Package Storage Your Apartment Complex Needs hypepotamus.com
Startup HelloPackage merges hardware and software to find an easy solution to the time-consuming task of packages at apartment complexes. Here's how.
- Excess Inventory Costs Manufacturers Millions. This Startup Is Helping Them Go Lean hypepotamus.com
After a key pivot, supply chain inventory platform AUTIT has found its groove helping manufacturers optimize their parts inventory and save on costs.
- Executive Visibility 101: How Founders Can Boost Their Facetime to Improve the Company's Bottom Line hypepotamus.com
Startup founders and C-Suites must establish their own 'executive visibility' strategy in order to gain share of voice early on and to stand out among the masses ...
- RIL hits market capitalisation of Rs 8 lakh crore; stock touches fresh record high Moneycontrol.com
The huge upmove in the stock has been visible especially after the company laid out big plans at its annual general meeting (AGM), including the launch of its ...
- Techstars Atlanta's Unique Third Class Breaks the Tech Accelerator Mold hypepotamus.com
Techstars Atlanta, the local startup accelerator program part of the global Techstars network, has chosen 10 early-stage companies — following over 500 ...
- New LaunchTN Leader Margaret Dolan Will Aim For "Critical Mass" of Innovation In the Southeast hypepotamus.com
New CEO of LaunchTN Margaret Dolan on her initial thoughts on what she'll focus on and why LaunchTN is important to the south's startup ecosystem.
- Why West Coast Trucking Tech Startup Convoy Wants to "Create Something New" In Atlanta HQ hypepotamus.com
Dan Lewis, CEO of digital freight broker startup Convoy, explains why they landed on Atlanta for the location of their second office.
- Are You A Rising Startup Star? Venture Atlanta is Now Accepting Applications to Present This Fall hypepotamus.com
Venture Atlanta, the premier investor showcase in the Southeast, today announced it has opened its 2018 call for companies.
- Innovation Impact: Delta Says, “We're Not Chasing Technology for Technology's Sake” hypepotamus.com
Delta's COO Gil West explains how Delta views innovation from an enterprise level and walks us through technology at each stage of the travel ribbon.
- Launching This Month, On-Demand Private Security Platform Aims to Make Safety Easier and Cheaper hypepotamus.com
On-demand private security platform Hawque will launch in Atlanta this month to allow anyone to book a private security guard for any occasion.
- San Francisco's Revel Systems to Create 170 Tech, Sales Jobs in Atlanta East Coast Office hypepotamus.com
West Coast-based POS platform Revel Systems has placed its East Coast office in Atlanta, with plans to hire more than 170 Atlanta-based employees over the ...
- Open Source Testing Startup Cypress Leaves Beta With Thousands of Users, Launches Paid Plans hypepotamus.com
Atlanta startup Cypress is an open-source automated testing tool for front end software development. Learn why they prioritize quality above everything else.
- Southern Tech Hub Brings In Former Army Commander and Startup COO As New Veteran-In-Residence hypepotamus.com
During his time serving his country, both domestically at Kentucky's Fort Campbell and in Afghanistan, U.S. Army company commander Tim Horan wasn't exactly ...
- Can You Dig It? This Dog Lovers Dating App Matches You With Your Canine-Loving Mate hypepotamus.com
Dating app Dig connects dog lovers across the country and offers tips and resources to have a stellar date. See how they're serving pups and their owners.
- Former Atlanta Mayor Kasim Reed: On the Startup Scene and the Need to “Nurture Courage” hypepotamus.com
Former Mayor of Atlanta Kasim Reed speaks about his commitment to Atlanta's startups, the growth of the city's tech sector, and what he's doing next now that his ...
- American Cancer Society Brings On Atlanta Entrepreneur, Southern VC to Run New $100M Venture Fund hypepotamus.com
The American Cancer Society has launched a new venture fund, BrightEdge Ventures, to fund new cancer innovations and make up for its philanthropy gap.
- Flying Into A Triple-Digit Growth Spurt, Mobile Agency Dragon Army Commits to Hiring Minority Scholarship Students hypepotamus.com
Dragon Army, one of Atlanta's top-ranked mobile development agencies, has tripled in size over the last year and, with a new office on the Atlanta Beltline, plans ...
- Teaching Entrepreneurship, Coding Skills May Be the Way Out Of the Prison Cycle hypepotamus.com
Southern-bred organizations, Inmates to Entrepreneurs and Code Out, are teaching entrepreneurship and tech skills to break the prison cycle and reduce ...
- Students From Across the Country Are Invited to Emory's HackATL hypepotamus.com
The fifth annual HackATL, October 26-28, will gather students from around the country to create ideas that cater to the world's most pressing issues.
- INFLCR Makes Sure Influencers — From College Athletes to Political Supporters — Actually Have Good Content hypepotamus.com
SaaS platform INFLCR solves the influencer marketing *content* quality problem by aggregating *content* on a mobile app so influencers can push it out to social ...
- Rap Plug Is LinkedIn And More for Music Professionals hypepotamus.com
Rap Plug is a membership-based networking and *content* platform focused on the music industry, encompassing artists, producers, managers, and more.
- Sara Blakely Is Funding These Eight Civic-Minded Women Entrepreneurs hypepotamus.com
The Center for Civic Innovation (CCI) has partnered with Sara Blakely to fund eight female entrepreneurs tackling civic issues with for-profit enterprises.
- Amidst Acquisition, Kabbage Brings In CTO With Deep Scaling History hypepotamus.com
Last week, Atlanta fintech unicorn Kabbage announced the hiring of a new CTO, James Chou, formerly of Shutterstock and WorkMarket.
- This Startup's 'Organ-On-A-Chip' Helps Scientists Test Drugs More Accurately hypepotamus.com
A common pain point among lab researchers is an inability to accurately test a drug, protein or antibody reaction in human cells due to the way cells grow in the ...
- Atlanta Startup Commercializes MIT Technology to Try to Catch Mass Attacks Before They Happen hypepotamus.com
Atlanta startup Liberty Defense has commercialized a 3D imaging technology licensed from MIT to try to prevent attacker events before they happen.
- Brightwell Helps Cruise Ship Crews Get Ship Done With Their Paychecks — All From a Mobile App hypepotamus.com
Atlanta-based fintech company Brightwell helps cruise ship employees manage, exchange, and send their paychecks from a mobile app.
- On-Demand Babysitting App Wyndy Is Expanding Across the South hypepotamus.com
Following their $1 million round, Birmingham-based Wyndy expands its babysitting app across the Southeast, including Atlanta.
- How A Ticketing Analytics Startup Helped 10 Fans Fill A Venue With 5000 hypepotamus.com
Nashville-based Project Admission adds a digital layer to tickets sold for *content* providers to get to know their audience data.
- Inside EBONY - April 2018 EBONY.com
Gabrielle Union—successful actress, best-selling author, baller's wife and stepmom— has traveled the long road to happiness and finally found her stride.
- Fulcrum Leads $10.5M Series C for Payments Provider Fattmerchant hypepotamus.com
Payment technology provider Fattmerchant has closed a $10.5 million Series C round, led again by existing investor, Atlanta-based Fulcrum Equity Partners.
- Stock Music Platform Soundstripe Brings Harmony to Song Licensing hypepotamus.com
Music platform Soundstripe aims to remove roadblocks for *content* creators when creating videos or other media with their robust royalty-free music library.
- Atlanta's Compostwheels Merges With CompostNow to Serve Up Sustainability With Tech hypepotamus.com
Atlanta-based tech-enabled compost *service* Compostwheels has merged with North Carolina''s CompostNow to provide their sustainability services to even ...
- Why This Minority-Geared Impact Fund Launched In the Southeast hypepotamus.com
Charlotte-based UP Community Fund launched in Charlotte to help bring capital to low-income communities and provide upward mobility opportunities to ...