CapWay is a mobile application company that serves the unbanked and under-banked through specialized financial services and products
- CapWay's Finance App Aims to Help the More Than 30 Million Americans Who Are 'Underbanked' Inc.
Sheena Allen grew up in a one-bank town where lots of people relied on payday lenders. She's building her company to help those she grew up with.
- Investors Are Suing Lyft Over its IPO, Making its Very Bad Month Even Worse Inc.
There's more bad news for Lyft: Investors are suing the ridesharing company, claiming it intentionally exaggerated its market position during its IPO process in ...
- How a 'Horrendous' Candy That So Many People Hate Became a Best-Selling Easter Treat (Year After Year After Year) Inc.
Maybe there's no such thing as bad publicity. Perhaps it's better for people to hate your business than to pay it no attention. Case in point: Peeps, the highly ...
- 50000 Employees Say These Are America's 2 Best Employers. Here's the 1 Incredible Thing They Have in Common Inc.
Absurdly Driven looks at the world of business with a skeptical eye and a firmly rooted tongue in cheek. The most painful words for many American employees ...
- 5 Things This Woman Leader Wished Someone Had Told Her Before Becoming a CEO Inc.
Women leaders, whether at startups, corporations, or as entrepreneurs, face unique challenges. Insights from a woman CEO are illuminating.
- Sheena Allen Is Bringing Financial Opportunity To Underserved Millennials Forbes
CapWay provides financial access and opportunity to unbanked, underbanked, and working, poor millennials. A mobile-first platform, CapWay provides debit ...
- WeWork Says It Lost $2 Billion Last Year. Is Its Strategy Brilliant or Insane? Inc.
I've been spending time at a WeWork recently, working through a startup that my business partner and I hope to launch later this year. More to come on the ...
- Facebook Is Likely Going to Send You an Important Email Soon. Here's Why You Should Do What It Says Inc.
Don't just dismiss the form letter you'll probably be getting from the social giant.
- $1.85 Billion Delivery App Postmates Has Filed to Go Public Inc.
Beloved by celebrities like Post Malone and Kylie Jenner, the food delivery *service* has raised a total of $700 million in venture capital to date.
- Alaska Credit Union Will Be the First Financial Institution to Serve $55 Billion Cannabis Industry Inc.
It had to happen eventually and now it has. After years of being shunned by banks everywhere in the U.S. and operating on a cash-only basis, a few cannabis ...
- If You Consider Yourself Paranoid About Your Business, It's a Good Thing -- Here's Why Inc.
As an entrepreneur, paranoia can be a good thing. If you can harness it.
- Amazon Is Launching a New Supermarket Chain in U.S. Cities Inc.
The new stores, which could open later this year, are not meant to compete with Whole Foods.
- Trump Says Changes to H1-B Visas Are Coming Inc.
Trump says he wants to stop H-1B visas from being used as a "cheap labor program."
- How to Avoid These 6 Unintended Consequences of Using AI at Your Company Inc.
Everyone has heard about the big potential for using artificial intelligence (AI) to expand your business, but many of the small businesses I mentor are still wary ...
- Rebranding 101: Why You Never Give Your Company the Same Name as an International Hacking Ring Inc.
This 10-year-old creative agency was in the midst of a massive $150000 rebranding effort when an email from Google halted everything.
- Record Surge in Businesses Applying for Seasonal H-2B Immigrant Workers Breaks Government Website Inc.
Hungry to meet seasonal hiring goals, U.S. employers requested more than 96,000 H-2B visas in New Year's Day--this despite experiencing plenty of ...
- Mark Zuckerberg and Sheryl Sandberg Burn Facebook's Remaining Shreds of Reputation Inc.
It's hard to see how current management can pull the company and culture out of this spiral.
- 4 Ways Partnering With Local Schools Can Help Your Business Inc.
For business leaders, back to school season is an ideal time to consider partnering with a local school, whether you're talking about an elementary school, ...
- Your Ultimate Guide to Business Ghostwriting Inc.
Searching for the ideal writer to craft your unique business success story? Start here.
- This app wants to bring banking to the unbanked CNN
Growing up in Terry, Mississippi, Sheena Allen didn't spend much time in banks. The small town, located 17-miles south of Jackson, only had one bank branch ...
- Procter & Gamble Acquired Tristan Walker's Startup for Millions Today. This is Why Diversity Sells Inc.
Procter & Gamble just acquired Walker & Company, Tristan Walker's people of color-focused startup. Here's why more will spend millions on diversity.
- In a World Dominated by Amazon, Costco Continues to Thrive. Here's How They Do It Inc.
A lot has changed in the world of retail over the past few decades. While legacy stores like Sears and Toys "R" Us have gone bankrupt and are left for dead, ...
- 4 Books About Sports That Will Inspire You in Business Inc.
These four books from some of the sports world's top luminaries can show you how to win in business.
- This Is the No. 1 Productivity Hack, According to a Big Study (Here's What Happened When I Tried It) Inc.
Productivity hacks are a dime a dozen. This one's worth a little investment.
- Gillette's #MeToo Ad Is Stoking Controversy. Every Entrepreneur Should Learn From It Inc.
They say that two things you should not discuss in a business setting are religion and politics. The reason for that advice is that people who disagree about those ...
- Amazon's Whole Foods Just Made a Massive Strategic Decision. No One Saw It Coming Inc.
This is a radical change of direction. How will customers see it?
- Well, This is Awkward. Juul, the E-Cig Company, Just Had to Ban Vaping in Its Own Offices Inc.
An in-office perk is no more at Juul, the wildly successful e-cigarette company.
- The (Millennial) Workplace of the Future Is Almost Here -- These 3 Things Are About to Change Big Time Inc.
In the coming years and decades, the tools you use at the office will change, and so will the workspace and culture.
- A Study of 2.7 Million Startups Found the Ideal Age to Start a Business (and It's Much Older Than You Think) Inc.
If you're in your 40s or 50s, you might think it's too late to start a business. Wrong: It's actually the perfect time.
- 4 Reasons Business School Is Worth It Inc.
While household names like Oprah Winfrey, Steve Jobs, and Richard Branson never went to business school, that doesn't mean you should follow their path.
- How BurnAlong Is Pioneering a New Approach to Wellness (That Actually Sticks) Inc.
This new year, an estimated 45 percent of Americans resolved to get in shape. And by February, approximately 80 percent of them will have reverted to their old ...
- Shark Tank, Elon Musk, and a Lesson in 'How Not to Lay People Off' Inc.
Sunday night, Shark Tank is back, with the the premiere of its 10th season. Inc.'s Emily Canal dove deep into the show and its effect on the startups that appear ...
- This Entrepreneur Developed a Winning Formula for Viral Videos. Here it is in 3 Steps Inc.
Business owners want to know how to make their video *content* viral and drive business growth. This entrepreneur knows how to get millions of views.
- America's Air Traffic Controllers Just Sued President Trump. Here's the Truly Astonishing Part of the Lawsuit Inc.
Absurdly Driven looks at the world of business with a skeptical eye and a firmly rooted tongue in cheek. I'm beginning to sense that not everyone is as ...
- These Are the 100 Most Stressed Cities in America. (There Are Some Giant Surprises on This New List) Inc.
America is one stressed-out country right now. but a new study of 100 U.S. cities suggests some places are actually a lot more stressed than others. Working ...
- Steve Jobs Said 1 Powerful Habit Separates Successful People From Everyone Else (and Will Drastically Change Your Life) Inc.
It's as applicable today as it was when Jobs said it nearly 25 years ago.
- Mark Zuckerberg's Changing Visions Prove He Is No Visionary Inc.
There's a thing that Mark Zuckerberg liked to do on Facebook's quarterly earnings calls, back before the unofficial topic of every call was "What We're Doing to ...
- Why Companies of the Future Should Be Thinking About Female- and Family-Friendly Cultures Inc.
If you need an optimism bump as 2019 gets underway, take a few moments to ponder the following sentence: This June will mark just 100 years since the ...
- Keurig Is Now Selling a Pod Machine That Makes Cocktails Inc.
You may soon be able to serve cocktails to yourself and your friends by putting a pod into a Keurig-style machine and pushing a button. Drinkworks, a joint ...
- WeWork Is Burning Through Cash to Grow. Here's Why That's Good for Entrepreneurs Inc.
The office leasing company helps freelancers and startups get off the ground, but small businesses can also take advantage of WeWork's services.
- 4 Amazon Seller Scams You Should Watch Out For Inc.
Bad actors are flooding Amazon.com with fake reviews and reporting legitimate items as counterfeits.
- What is the "black tax," and who does it impact? Fast Company
There are plenty of obstacles for professionals and entrepreneurs of color: a wage gap, a funding gap, and plenty of discrimination. But for many there's also an ...
- Your Guide to Avoiding a Cringeworthy Advertisement in 2019 Inc.
An out-of-touch, cringeworthy ad can have dire consequences for your brand. Here's how to avoid creating one in the coming year.
- Stephen Curry Promised a 9-Year-Old His Under Armour Shoes Would Come in Girls Sizes. What He Did Next Was Truly Brilliant Inc.
Absurdly Driven looks at the world of business with a skeptical eye and a firmly rooted tongue in cheek. It's alright having a beatific smile and an astonishing ...
- The 8 Words Patriots Coach Bill Belichick Believes In the Most. Here's Why They're Actually Incomplete Inc.
It's as if these famous 8 words encapsulate everything. They don't.
- A Captain At a Major Airline Reveals the Stunning Reason Why He Refuses To Fly a Boeing 737 (Any Boeing 737) Inc.
This is something that might surprise a lot of passengers.
- The College Bribery and Cheating Scandal is Really a Sign of HR Failure Inc.
You've heard now how CEOs and Movie stars manipulated the system, bribed people, made up sports teams, and arranged for their kids to cheat on SATs and ...
- It's Tough to Get Venture Capital If You're Not a White Guy. Now There's a Game-Changing Solution Inc.
Venture capital isn't the only game in town anymore when it comes to investing in startups. Success is spreading.
- Neuroscientists Show How Taking Slow Deep Breaths Alters Brain Function--and Makes You Calm Inc.
If you're stressed or traumatized, if you have to do something frightening or difficult, if you're having trouble concentrating, or if you just can't fall asleep, what's ...
- Shake Shack Founder Danny Meyer Says This Is the Secret to Connecting With People Inc.
The high-profile restaurant CEO has a secret trick he plays in his mind in order to make people feel special.
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce Hits Trump Tariffs With Opposition Campaign Inc.
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce is launching a campaign to oppose President Donald Trump's trade tariffs, arguing that he's risking a global trade war that ...
- United Airlines Said It Just Fired 35 Employees For Doing Something Really Greedy (and Not Very Smart) Inc.
You get a job. The job has perks. Then you get greedy.
- In SEC Deal, Elon Musk Steps Down as Tesla Chair for 3 Years. If He'd Faced Reality, It Could Have Been 2 Inc.
he Securities and Exchange Commission announced that it has settled its lawsuit against Elon Musk. In the agreement, Musk will step down as chairman of ...
- Here's the Secret Advantage Netflix Says Helps It Stand Out and Attract Top Talent (It's Quite Brilliant) Inc.
It's not just new *content*. It's not just a big budget. It's how everything works together to attract the most valuable asset.
- Remember Brexit? It Hasn't Happened Yet and It's Already a Horrible Mess Inc.
It's been two and a half years since the British electorate voted by a very narrow margin to leave the European Union, a move that's referred to as "Brexit.
- A Man Wrote PayPal to Say His Wife Had Died. The Company's Response Was Heartless Inc.
Hopefully, PayPal learned its lesson--but it's a chance for your company to learn, too.
- Remarkable Dad Books 6 Delta Air Lines Flights to Spend Christmas With His Flight Attendant Daughter Inc.
Dedicated dad Hal Vaughan made sure his Delta flight attendant daughter Pierce Vaughan didn't spend Christmas by herself this year.
- My Business Philosophy: A Lesson From the Growth Cycle of the Giant Moso Tree Inc.
It takes a special kind of tenacity to persevere when you don't get visible results. Do you have the patience to grow your business like a moso tree?
- Two American Airlines Flight Attendants Got Into a Fight on a Flight. The Lawsuit is an Eye-Opener Inc.
Never imagine that the cabin crew are all best friends.
- World's Largest Company? It's Microsoft Again, And It Reports Wednesday Forbes
Microsoft, which in 2018 regained the title of largest company by market cap, is set to report FY Q2 earnings Wednesday after the close.
- The Shutdown is Now in Record Breaking Territory. Here's What You Need to Know Inc.
We broke the record for longest shutdown ever. Nobody should be cheering about that.
- Next Year, Almost Half Your Phone Calls Will Be Scams and Spam, a New Study Says Inc.
As if you needed another reason not to answer the phone.
- These 3 Questions Will Help You License Your Next Product Idea Inc.
Inventing is a numbers game. And so, by extension, is licensing. What does that mean? If you want to license your ideas for new products, you can't get too ...
- New NAFTA Is Likely to Bring Some Jobs Back to the U.S.--for Robots Inc.
Trump hopes new trade deal may bring more manufacturing jobs, but at what cost?
- 'Extreme Dissatisfaction': Here's Why American Airlines Flight Attendants Are Protesting in 15 Airports This Weekend Inc.
It's the busiest travel week of the year. Now, American Airlines flight attendants say they'll kick it off with a nice, big protest in 15 of the airline's most important ...
- YouTube Apparently Just Did Something Totally Insane on Twitter. (Here's What Happened When People Complained) Inc.
A couple of weeks ago, YouTube released its YouTube Rewind 2018 video. It quickly became the most-loathed video in the entire history of YouTube: 14 million ...
- A Stunning Study of 1.5 Million People Reveals There Are Only 4 Personality Types (And Most People Are the Same Type) Inc.
It's a frightening thought to think that the majority of people don't differ much at all.
- A Delta Customer Asked an Airline Employee for Her Manager's Name. The Employee Asked for Police to Be Called Inc.
The customer, who was black, filmed the interaction. She believes the employee's behavior was racially motivated.
- A Top Harvard Astronomer Thinks He's Found Proof of Aliens, and He Refuses to Back Down. Is He Smart or Just Stubborn? Inc.
Meet Avi Loeb. His academic credentials are basically beyond reproach: a Harvard science professor who is also the chair of the Harvard Astronomy department ...
- 'Apollo 11': An Inside Look at How the First Man on the Moon Prevailed in Completely Uncharted Territory Inc.
A new documentary about the Apollo 11 mission features never-before-seen footage of the first team to land on the moon.
- Amazon Says It's Fixing the Big Problem With Its $15 Pay Promise (And Just in Time) Inc.
When Amazon announced it was increasing the minimum wage that Amazon employees in the U.S. would make to at least $15 an hour earlier this month, its ...
- How Teamwork is Like a Beehive (But There's No Queen Bee) Inc.
Now that we know open floor plans in the office are a terrible idea, it's time to start analyzing flat reporting structures. The two seem to go hand-in-hand, because ...
- Southwest Airlines Bans Peanuts (But Your Trained Service Miniature Horse Is OK) Inc.
If you fly Southwest Airlines, you are welcome to bring along your emotional support or trained *service* dog, cat, or miniature horse -- but leave your peanuts at ...
- 3 Reasons You Should Live Below Your Means (Like Warren Buffett Does) Inc.
We all know Warren Buffett is worth a heck of a lot more than you just spent on lunch. He could afford hundreds of homes if he wanted. Yet Buffett has continued ...
- Bay County Arrest Report: April 2019 WJHG-TV
BAY COUNTY, Fla. (WJHG/WECP) - Name : JOSIE EARLE BONDS Address : 5809 HOWARD RD PANAMA CITY FL Race : W Sex : F Age : 29. Date : 04/18/ ...
- How to Cope With Holiday Loneliness Inc.
Strategies to deal with the three types of loneliness people experience during the holidays.
- Apple, Amazon, and Google Want to Help Small Businesses Succeed--But Not Too Much Inc.
Giant tech companies love founders. Until they start getting too successful.
- The Drunk Passenger. The Diverted Flight. The Racial Slur. (Here's What Happened on These American Airlines and Southwest Airlines Flights) Inc.
Passengers on Southwest and American Airlines were behaving really badly. Let's dissect what happened, and how we can improve.
- This Startup Grooms Future Employees for Hot Tech Companies Like Warby Parker and Airbnb Inc.
San Francisco-based MissionU partners with companies to train young talent to become their future workforce.
- Just 34 Black Women Founders Have Raised Over $1 Million in Venture Funding Since 2009 Inc.
A new report shows that black women entrepreneurs have made some gains raising venture capital. But they're still falling woefully behind.
- The Rising Black Founders Building In the South hypepotamus.com
In honor of Black History Month, Hype has put together a list of the South's next top black founders. Meet these inspiring entrepreneurs.
- York's Capway Automation extends reach with acquisitions York Dispatch
Capway Automation Inc., a food product handling and automation company with two York facilities, acquired sister companies Capway Holdings International ...
- The Secret Ingredient for America's Most Loved Sea Salt? A Failed Tech Startup Inc.
While attending business school in Copenhagen in 2004, Ben Jacobsen fell in love with Maldon sea salt, the flaky finishing salt prized by chefs. Returning to the ...
- 30 AND UNDER: The tech industry's rising stars in 2018 Business Insider
BI PRIME: From crypto to AI, these innovators are changing the world, and they're all ages 30 and under.
- Canadian company luring customers to the bottle cap way of fishing Cumberland News Now
AMHERST, N.S. – They say necessity is the mother of invention. That's not always true. Sometimes invention comes from pure luck. “I owned a fishing and tackle ...
- Capway Automation completes acquisition | Bakingbusiness.com | November 09, 2015 09:20 Baking Business
YORK, PA. — Capway Automation, Inc. has completed the acquisition of Capway Holdings International USA, Capway Systems Inc., and the intellectual property ...
- 1 Important Thing Every Investor Wishes Founders Knew Inc.
You had an amazing meeting with an investor. Your product demo crushed. The dialogue was great. They told you how much they loved your space.
- Anthony Bourdain Taught an Important Lesson on How to Live Before He Died Inc.
Anthony Bourdain is dead at 61, of an apparent suicide, while in France filming the next episode of Parts Unknown. Bourdain was already a TV star and ...
- 30 Under 30 2019 Social Entrepreneurs: Leveraging Business Smarts To Save The World Forbes
Edited by Alexandra Wilson and Glenda Toma. For some, joining the family business means having to put on a suit and join their dad in a stodgy office.
- Two Mississippians offering ways to help those in bank deserts Mississippi Business Journal
More than 15 percent percent of Mississippians do not have a bank account. Close to a quarter of Mississippians are under-banked, meaning they have limited ...
- Capway management team buys out sister companies, plans global expansion Central Penn Business Journal
The management team of Capway Automation, a global food product handling and automation company based in York, has completed the acquisition of ...
- You Can Buy and Sell Bitcoin Using Square's Cash Inc.
Users can't accept or make payments using the cryptocurrency, however.
- The NFL's Leadership Is a Joke. It's Why I'm Giving Up on Football Inc.
From anthem protests to end-zone celebrations, the NFL's risk-averse owners keep making the wrong calls.
- Why Amazon Is Offering a Small-Business Credit Card Inc.
The e-commerce company is looking to grow its financial services arm.
- Sheena Allen Jackson Free Press
On Thursday, March 8, at 7 p.m., Fuse will premier the two-hour documentary "She Started It," which follows the lives of five women tech entrepreneurs, including ...
- USM grad Sheena Allen doesn't fit Silicon Valley stereotype, still finds high-tech success Hattiesburg American
Sheena Allen knew the Silicon Valley CEO stereotype when she moved out west a few years ago. She knew that stereotype looked very little like her. She came ...
- Worried That Your Plane May Not Be Safe? Watch This Astonishing Takeoff for a Little Reassurance Inc.
Absurdly Driven looks at the world of business with a skeptical eye and a firmly rooted tongue in cheek. Suddenly, it seems common that passengers are ...
- Science Says You Should Act on Your Business Idea (Even If It's Bad) Inc.
Does paralysis analysis keep you from launching out and starting your business? Do you fret about your idea not being totally fleshed out or just plain bad?
- Heineken Just Pulled Its Culturally Insensitive Ad. Its Apology Explains How it Got Approved in the First Place Inc.
Learn from the mistakes of Heineken and others to do a better job of marketing to multi-cultural audiences.
- Kevin O'Leary: The 3 Keys to a Successful Pitch Inc.
Shark Tank co-star Kevin O'Leary had two big lessons to impart to the audience at the Inc.'s Iconic conference in Austin Wednesday night: the extraordinary ...