50 Sources Of Funding For Women Entrepreneurs
Access to capital is a real problem for women and all underrepresented entrepreneurs. Capital just doesn’t flow well (yet) to those who often need it most to grow great ideas into healthy companies.
As I’ve built Change Catalyst over the last couple of years, I’ve tried to keep track of the many resources I encounter for women entrepreneurs. I hope that by sharing my list, it will help a few of you find the capital you’re seeking.
The following is a non-exhaustive list of capital resources for women entrepreneurs. Know another one? Please let me know.
This article was written by Melinda Briana Epler, founder and CEO of Change Catalyst.
The original article appeared on Medium.
Angel Networks, Syndicates, VCs & Other Resources:
- 37 Angels
- 500 Women 500 Startups’ Angelist syndicate investing in women founders
- Angel Academe
- Aspect Ventures
- Astia Angels
- BBG Ventures
- Belle Capital Early-stage angel fund focusing on underserved capital markets
- Broadway Angels women investing in both male and female-led teams
- Canaan Partners
- Catalytic Women Impact + Gender lens + investment
- Ceres Venture Fund All-women venture fund in Chicago, invests in early stage ventures in mid-west
- Cowboy Ventures
- Empire Angels
- Forerunner Ventures
- Founders Fund
- Global Fund for Women
- Global InvestHer Growing women leaders in corporations, investing in women entrepreneurs
- Golden Seeds
- Illuminate Ventures Founded by Springboard alumna Cindy Padnos
- The JumpFund
- Launch Angels Early-stage firm investing in companies sourced through equity crowdfunding sites
- Phenomenelle early stage fund that invests in women and minority owned or managed businesses in Wisconsin and the Midwest
- Plum Alley
- Pipeline Fellowship angel investing bootcamp for women, focused on investing in women social entrepreneurs
- Pique Ventures
- Scale Investors
- Scale Ventures
- The Smart Party Online crowdfunding for women startups in Birmingham, Alabama.
- Springboard Fund invest in women-led high growth businesses, starting with Springboard alumnae
- Starvest Partners
- Tory Burch Foundation micro-loans for women entrepreneurs
- Topstone Angels
- Wedu Investing in women leading change
- Women’s Capital Connection regional angel fund investing in women-led companies surrounding Kansas City
- Women’s Earth Alliance
- Women’s Funding Network
- Women’s Foundation of California Grants
- Women’s Global Connection
- Women Investing In Women
- Women in Venture LA
- Women’s Venture Capital Fund Small fund focused on west-coast digital media and sustainability companies led by women
- X Squared Angels angels in Ohio investing in companies with women in senior leadership
A List of Lists
Other lists that include great resources for women founders:
- Mackenzie Burnett’s “List of Female Angel and Early-Stage Investors in Tech” — lengthly list of mostly individual angels.
- Melissa Pierce’s list of 105 female venture capitalists and angels on Tech.co — later stage investors.
- Plum Alley’s List of Female Investors
- AngelList Women Investors
- Quora’s lists of female investors http://www.quora.com/Women-in-Investing/Who-are-some-of-the-best-female-angel-investors and http://www.quora.com/Women-in-Investing/Who-are-some-notable-female-investors
- Twitter Angels list of members: “Introducing #Angels”
- Cyrus Innovation’s list of resources for women entrepreneurs
Accelerators for women
Check out my earlier “List of Accelerators for Women.”
Know other resources? Please let me know.
This list originally appeared on Medium. It was reposted here with the author’s permission.
Sign up for the Moguldom newsletter — the most compelling business news you need to know about reversing inequality in tech, delivered straight to your inbox.