From All Africa
The National Housing Corporation intends to establish two new satellite towns cities in Meru and Arusha-Rural Districts, the two precincts where NHC owns more than 1,000 acres of land.
The state-owned and Tanzania’s oldest public real-estate developer, also has plans to build a total of 15,000 housing units countrywide, with 70 per cent of these houses to be sold and the remaining 30 per cent will be rented out.
“We own more than 1000 acres of vacant land in the locality that we intend to develop into new satellite towns not to overshadow or make the existing Arusha City obsolete but rather to complement the fast growing urban centre which serves as the capital for the East African Community,” stated the NHC Director General, Mr Nehemia Mchechu.
Read more at All Africa
#1 Macroeconomic Newsletter For Black America
"*" indicates required fields